RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 13

182 5 0
By ZANE_555

[Minus Cinder in the image.]

(Evernight Castle)

Inside the castle's conference room, Christina slams her fist on the table with her mask on top of it as Salem remain seated at the head of the table with the Seer Grimm beside her. Salem merely stares at her, seeing the dark purple veins appearing on the lower part of her face. 

Christina: "I don't understand, Mistress. Why am I not allowed to go to Mistral but, that flaming bitch and her lackeys can?"

Salem: "Because Cinder wants to redeem herself after failing to find the relic at Beacon so, I gave her a chance. Besides, I still need you to continue your search for the relic at Beacon tower." 

Christina: "I know that, but still... if Y/N is at Mistral or at least one of them is there, why can't you let me be there? I'm done with training. I am ready. I can take him down. But Cinder? She'll probably screw it up by going after the silver-eyed girl she hate so much and-"

Before she goes any further, Salem raises a hand, causing Christina to become silent as the purple veins on her face slowly dissipates. 

Salem: "You must remain calm and patience, Christina. Your time to defeat Y/N will come eventually, but not now. Because like Cinder, you need to learn to harness the gift that I gave you. The same gift that I have given to you and Darius when I took you in."

Christina: "But Y/N-"

Salem: "We leave him be... for now. If the silver-eyed girl and Y/N managed to harness their gift, then you must take care to protect yours. There's only so much I can do to aid you and I don't want you to end up like Darius."

Processing her words for a few moments, Christina step forward and bows her head to Salem.

Christina: "Very well then... I apologize for my outburst, Mistress."

Salem motion her to come closer to her, which she does. Christina is now enveloped into a warm hug by Salem. 

Christina: "Mistress...?"

Salem: "I know you want revenge for what happened to you and Darius... for what he has done... to you home... to your family... but remember that I know what's best for you and your endeavors."

A small smile form on Christina's face as she slowly embraces the hug. They stay like this for a few moments as Christina speaks up.

Christina: "I... I understand, Mistress."

She then let go of her as Christina step back.

Salem: "But right now, our main goal is attacking Haven and getting the relic from within it."

Christina: "I get that, but what does our plan have to do with bandit tribes?"

Salem: "Never underestimate the usefulness of others, Christina. Take Leonardo Lionheart for example. He was one of Ozpin's most trusted allies, and yet now..."

The pale woman just chuckles to herself at the thought of it as she decides to change the subject.

Salem: "How is Tyrian doing?"

Christina: "For the most part, he manages to calm down since you scold him for failing his objective. From what I saw, he's still pretty upset."

Salem: "I see. Have you patch up his wound?"

Christina: "I did. After killing a few Beowolves in front of me."

Salem: "Hmm... when Watts has done his part at Mistral, I will summon him back here to give Tyrian a new tail to use. As for you, Christina, you'll remain here and continue your training until, I grant you permission to resume your search for the relic at Beacon Tower."

Christina bows to Salem and goes to exit the room before Salem's voice stop her in her track.

Salem: "And Christina, before you go, inform Tyrian..."

The warm smile Salem had slowly turned to a frown as she continues.

Salem: "I wish to have a word with him about his failure."

Christina: "Again? Are you going to properly punish him now?"

Salem doesn't say a word, interlocking her fingers together. Knowing what her answer is, Christina nods in acknowledgement of Salem's orders and turns to leave the castle's conference room. 

Christina: ("Hm, Tyrian is really in for it now. He should be grateful that I haven't killed him on the spot.")

She goes to walk over to her room as she ponders over the exchange she had with Salem.

Christina: ("I swear... if Cinder manages to screw this up... I'm going to tear her apart... especially if she gets her hands on him... only I will kill him for good... not her.")

(Mistral)

Cinder and her two cronies arriving at the Chop Shop, entering the same room Watts is in, sitting at his desk and workbench. 

As they do, Emerald rub her eyes as she appears to be running on limited hours of sleep, while Mercury is a lot less tired than Emerald but, still let out a yawn. Watts glances over to them.

Watts: "So, how was your little meeting with the pinnacle of the pits went?"

Cinder: "We traded details and points but, by the end of things, his eyes and eyelids were glassing over. Our friends from the White Fang stay behind to explain things to him a little more clearly."

Watts: "Hm, how unfortunate it must be for the man but, so long as we got the information, his death isn't much of a loss. You did get the information, didn't you Cinder?"

Narrowing her eye, Cinder scoffs at Watts's remark.

Cinder: "Of course I did."

Caressing his mustache, Watts glances over to Cinder.

Watts: "Oh don't be so offended. You are the one that sets the precedent with your failure at Beacon."

Hearing this, an enraged Emerald steps forward to defend as she growls at him.

Emerald: "Cinder didn't fail at Beacon! She got the Maiden power and killed Ozpin. Missing a relic doesn't mean she failed."

This just makes Watts chuckle to himself as he slightly leans over his seat.

Watts: "But of course, because failing to acquire the thing Salem wants most, now that what success sounds like. And we'll just ignore how unfazed she and Christina were to learn of Ozpin's death during Cinder's little treatment back at the castle."

Infuriated by his remark, Cinder was about to respond when Mercury finally steps in.

Mercury: "It be might fun for you guys to bicker for the better part of an hour but, we have plans to make and we've seen how Salem treats failures. Especially with that masked chick acting like her right-hand woman and executioner."

The group react poorly to that statement, all recoiling in their own seriousness in style though, Emerald is the most pronounce, openly wincing at the thought of Salem. 

Watts: "I'm inclined to agree with you. So, Cinder dear, do you have the location?"

Cinder then goes to place her scroll on his desk before saying.

Cinder: "Locations. Plural. You can thank the Spider Web for not keeping their reports well organized."

Watts frowns at the list of locations, scrolling through them.

Watts: "It's going to take some time to narrow things down and you'll still have to do some searching on foot..."

Emerald: ("Ugh, more walking...")

After downloading the information from the scroll and into his computer, Watts give Cinder back her scroll. 

Watts: "All the same, with all the experience you three have killing huntsmen the last few months, this should be a walk in the park."

Turning back to his computer, Watts then address to Cinder. 

Watts: "Tell me, Cinder. How do you feel about doing some community service and wiping a bandit tribe or two from existence?"

Cinder just smiles as her eye flash with Maiden power, visibly glowing a bit. 

Cinder: "I don't mind doing it at all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...
7.8K 47 22
This will be my second attempt at writing a fanfic involving an oc of my own and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and my second attempt at writing a fanfic i...
6.7K 249 29
Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY series.) (Discl...
339K 2.4K 16
This was a story idea that popped in me and my friends heads and if you want to read his, feel free to. So, there will be a bio of what you will wear...