Something Happened...

By Meher764

"Please.." she couldn't say anything more. Her sobs didn't let her. Roman looked at her with an evil smile... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 20

143 8 0
By Meher764

Bailey had been searching for jobs online for a week now. There were plenty of jobs, all of those matched her profile, she did send her resume to a bunch of them, but heard nothing! But she her patience didn't budge. She would not give up so easily, that was not her nature. During this week, she noticed Derek was not his usual self. He was leaving home early and would come later at night, sometimes even Bailey had gone to bed. She tried talking to him, but he always busy on his phone or his laptop.

He must be frustrated with his work! She would think like that but her heart kept sinking as the days passed.

What if is he is bored with me! What if he doesn't love me anymore!!

These thoughts would make her depressed, no matter what she did to make herself busy, she could feel Derek slipping away from her.

One night, Derek was home early. Bailey was excited to see him. A ray of hope peaked in her heart.

"Hey, you are early today. I am happy, you know."
Derek looked at Bailey and spoke,

"How about you and I go for a date tonight?"

Bailey was on cloud nine, she could fly. She threw her hands around him and hugged him tighter.

"I would love to, Derek. I really missed you these days!"

Bailey quickly got busy in getting ready. She had bought a beautiful black dress before her mother passed away but never got a chance to wear it. She had bought the dress to wear it in some fancy charity event Derek was invited to but she could not go due to recent circumstances. But today was the perfect opportunity. Derek was taking to her this magnificent five start hotel in the city. She had only seen pictures of it. Apparently it was owned by a big businessman. Derek had specially asked her to get all dressed up.

Is he going to propose today!!!
Bailey was smiling ear to ear. She was imagining all kinds of things in the world, she imagined how Derek would propose, how they would get married, have kids and so on. She felt giddy, butterflies swarming in her stomach. She was finding jobs and would get one soon, Derek might propose and they will get married, she thought. Finally, her life was getting back on track.

She looked for the last time in the mirror. She was ready! When she exited the room, Derek was all dressed up in a black suit. He looked very handsome, she thought. Derek saw her and immediately kissed her,

"You look gorgeous."
Bailey blushed, she spoke softly,
"Thank you. You look good too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bailey and Derek reached the venue and got out of the car. Roman took Bailey's hand into his and spoke,

"Let's go."
With a big smile Bailey nodded and they entered the hotel. The inside was magnificent indeed. The huge hall, old paintings, big windows were breathtaking. It looked like she entered in some European castle. It was much more beautiful than the pictures.

"Derek, this is beautiful." She spoked in a hushed tone.

"Wait until you see the room after the dinner."

Bailey was extremely excited for that. She was now completely sure that Derek would propose. And she was ready to say yes!

They were seated at a beautiful corner table, they were only there, nobody else. They had a full course meal with an expensive wine. Bailey never had the chance to experience all of this luxury but thanks to Derek, she was able to enjoy. This was the best date ever.

"So, how did you like all of this?" Derek spoke after they finished their dinner.

"It is beautiful! And being here with you, made it even more beautiful." She spoke with so much love in her eyes.

"I have a booked a room here for us. It is also very beautiful. Are you ready to see the room now?"

"Yes please." She gleamed.

Derek took keys to their room from the reception, and they got on the lift. They reached on the top floor and their room was as Derek told, was beautiful. It looked more like an apartment on its own. It too had old oil paintings, beautiful curtains, it even had jacuzzi and a gym inside!
Bailey immediately began exploring the place, she looked around to see new things. She pushed the big curtains aside and saw the beautiful city lights!

Wow! So pretty!

Derek came closer and hugged her from back, while placing a kiss on her neck he spoke,

"I'll get us some drinks."

That's it! That drink glass will have my ring in it!!

She couldn't stand in one place, she was too excited! Derek returned with a single champagne glass and a scotch glass which she eyed with excitement. He handed her the champagne and she took it gingerly. He held his glass up for a toast and spoke,

"To us!"

"To us!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After drinking, Derek excused himself to attend some urgent work call and left the room. He asked Bailey to wait for him a little and she happily waited.

She stood by the big window and saw clouds forming in the sky. It was about to rain. She heard the door open.

She turned around and spoke,

"I was waiting.." But more words never came out of her mouth. She couldn't believe her eyes, her eyes grew bigger, her throat felt choked.

Roman was standing in the room, in front of her, in a stunning black suit, his hair nicely done with both hands in his pockets. It was no doubt he looked absolutely dashing, but scary!

For a moment, Bailey kept looking at him in horror. She couldn't believe her eyes. Why was he here?

"Derek!" She practically screamed and Roman moved closer, proceeded to comfortably sit on the bed. Bailey immediately took few steps back, her back hitting the big window.

"He is gone." Roman spoke flatly but Bailey did not believe him.

"Derek!!" She spoke louder this time, fear clearly evident in her voice.

"He is not here! In fact, nobody is."

Bailey's was breathing heavily, the room felt silent. She could hear ringing in her ears. She felt weak, she felt drowsy.

Roman was looking at her. Actually, he looked at her the whole time. He looked at her right from the moment she entered his hotel with Derek. He was sitting in the open lounge area which was not far away from the entrance. When Bailey entered the lobby, she looked breathtaking! Her body in that dress, her made up face, her hair, her doe eyes when she was looking around the place were captivating! Roman unknowingly gripped the phone tighter he was holding on his hand when he saw Bailey laughing at something Derek said into her ear. She looked like a goddess!
Roman never saw Bailey like that. Whenever he saw her, she was either sad or crying, that was what he wanted but right now, she looked the most beautiful girl he saw. Roman immediately hated the way he felt. His body's reaction to her was disturbing to him. He couldn't feel attracted to her! She was his enemy!

When Roman had asked Derek to let Bailey sleep with him, those were just empty words. He never had the intent to do that! But Bailey looking so gorgeous in that dress was tempting to him. And he hated that feeling.

A minute passed and nobody said a word. Roman was looking directly in Bailey's eyes. He looked calmed and composed on the outside but on the inside he was fighting the urge to take her in his arms, get her on this very bed and do the things that he would regret! He tried hard not to let his eyes wander all over her her body!
He slowly got up and a loud gasp escaped from Bailey which sent excitement in Roman's body. He felt his body on fire, his fingers itched to run through her brown hair, he could feel his heart beating. What was this feeling!! He could not wrap his head around it.

If Bailey could sink in the window on the back of her, she could. She was plastered in the window and seeing Roman getting closer scared her even more. She wanted to think, to think of something to get away from this situation but she couldn't think of anything, it all felt like a nightmare.

"Your boyfriend Derek, he gave me the keys to this room. And he gave me YOU."

"What'!?"
Bailey exclaimed, and Roman grew closer.

"What are you--"
Roman cut her off and spoke, now standing close to her,

"YOUR boyfriend left YOU here, for ME!"

"Shut up!" She spoke between her heavy breaths, she felt dizzy.

"YOUR boyfriend brought you here as a part of a deal! He gets this project he wants and I get to sleep with YOU!"

Bailey went numb. Her hands and feet felt cold,

"What nonsense are you speaking!??"

Roman took out his phone from his pocket and showed her the text messages,

"Look, look at this. Read this right here! Look what your Derek has sent to me!"

She looked at the screen with her big eyes, she read it carefully,

"Our deal is still on, Mr Carter?"

"Done. And also, we are meeting tonight, right?"

"Yes, sir. She will be all yours. I am giving you all the rights to touch her for the night ;)"

"Just for the night, tho! She makes good food and i dont wanna miss that."

"Thank you for the opportunity Mr Carter. I am already a hero at the office, thanks to you."

"We are here. Which room should i bring her to?"

She kept re-reading those messages. She quickly glanced at the phone number and it in fact was Derek's! She could not even bring herself to cry, she felt ashamed!

"Look right here. He said I could have you!"

Bailey was heartbroken. She felt nothing. If the whole building had collapsed right now, she would not budge, she would be thankful instead. She kept looking at the messages, tears forming in her eyes.

Roman abruptly threw his phone on the bed. He came a lot closer, covering the remaining space between them. He took his one hand and placed on the window behind above her head, and brought his other hand closer to her neck and placed her hand on her clavicle area, just above her breast. Her breath hitched.

"I can touch you here." Roman whispered but it felt loud in that quiet room.

He then removed his hand from there and brought it closer near the side of her forehead brushing a strand of hair and tucking her behind her ear,

"I can touch you here." He spoke with pure lust! He was barely touching her but it sat his own body on fire.

Lastly he grazed his fingers around the side of her neck smoothly and whispered,

"Or I could touch you here."
Bailey looked at Roman, tears now flowing from her eyes. She saw Roman getting closer to her face and she closed her eyes, tears still flowing from them. It was like as if she had accepted her death!
But her legs gave her away. Her head was spinning and she could no longer stand on her own feet. Bailey was about to fall but Roman caught her in his arms. She was unconscious.

"Bailey?! Bailey, wake up?"

Roman gently tapped on her face but she didn't open her eyes. It started to rain heavily outside. The rain drops were hitting the windows, making it look beautiful.
Bailey looked beautiful, too. Her sleepy face looked peaceful somehow but Roman started to panic. He kept calling out to her!

"Alyssa!!!"
He unknowingly screamed in panic which even shocked him!! His heart beat faster, now Roman was breathing heavily. He brought Bailey on the bed and gently placed her on it, took his phone and started dialling Stephen's number.

"Stephen!!! Get me a doctor, quickly. In room 802!! Now!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.8K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
693K 15.8K 67
𝖮𝖴𝖱 𝖫𝖮𝖵𝖤 𝖲𝖤𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖲 #2 She was addicted to a type of sadness that pulled her deeper into her hole. She changed herself because of her hangin...
567K 12.2K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...
BLACKBiiRDS By kenn12

General Fiction

5.9K 222 12
"I call this one pain. And this lil one right here under his wing is suffering." "No offense, but...who the hell would wanna be reminded of pain and...