Just Us || Isaac Lahey x Read...

By LoonyLupinBlack3

Y/n Argent's life is turned upside down when her adoptive mother, Kate, is murdered. Forced to move to a stra... More

Introduction
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 10

903 42 7
By LoonyLupinBlack3

My confidence in magic had grown over the past day. I knew how to do more spells, and I knew more things about the war. With my knowledge on magic growing, I knew the time to pick a side to fight on was arriving.

I'd just arrived at school when I spotted Erica having an intense conversation with Scott. They hadn't seemed to notice me yet, so I quickly hid behind a corner and cast a spell that let me listen in to their conversation from afar.

"Two's not enough for Derek," Scott said. "I know he needs at least three. So who's next?"

Erica scoffed, shutting her locker door before turning around to face Scott, taking a few slow steps forward. "Why does there have to be a next when we've already got you?"

Scott ignored Erica. "Who's next?"

Erica took a moment to observe Scott, her eyes trailing the length of his body before she cast him a sweet smile. "You know, I never knew what I looked like when I had a seizure until someone took a video of me once and put it online."

Scott shook his head, exasperated. "I don't care."

"It happened during class," she continued. "I started seizing on my desk and everyone was saying how they should put something in my mouth until some genius reads the card on my keyring which tells him not because it could break my teeth."

Scott sighed. "Erica."

"Do you know what happened next? I piss myself, and they start laughing," Erica said, taking another few steps towards Scott. This time he backed up, which only made Erica move closer. "The only good thing about seizures is that I never remembered then until some brilliant jerkoff-" she yelled the last part, shoving Scott into the lockers. "-had to go and put cameras in everyone's phone."

I wasn't feeling very sorry for Erica anymore as I stared at her. She had transformed into a stereotypical mean girl, the rush of beauty going to her head. I watched in silence as she placed both her hands on either side of Scott's head, caging him.

"But look at me now Scott," she said.

Scott ignored her, his eyes darting to something on his left. Erica noticed the glance and looked to find Allison at the end of the other hallway, watching the situation with her books clutched tightly against her chest.

"That's right, you only have eyes for her," Erica taunted.

Scott grabbed her wrists and shoved her back, staring at her blankly. He didn't even deign to say anything before he brushed past her, walking in the direction Allison had been. Erica looked pissed for a moment, before her eyes landed on me and a smirk appeared.

She walked up to me and I rolled my eyes, preparing myself for another one of her dramatic stories like she'd told Scott.

"Want to be my friend now, do you?" Erica asked, spite rolling off her in waves.

I crossed my arms. "I wanted to be your friend before you got bit. Not so much anymore." I looked her up and down to prove my point.

Erica's face soured. "And why is that?"

"Because you're being a bitch to my friends."

I walked away, hoping she wouldn't follow because I was still largely intimated by her despite my words. She didn't though, and I managed to make it to lunch unscathed.

I found Allison on an empty table, subtly talking to Scott who was sitting behind her facing the other way on a different empty table. I raised my eyebrows but said nothing as I took a seat next to Allison and caught up with the conversation.

"Don't you see what's happening? My grandfather coming here, Derek turning Erica and Isaac, it's like battle lines are being drawn."

"That's because they are," I muttered without thinking.

Allison looked at me and nodded. "And there's always crossfire."

"I can't just stand by," Scott said. "I can't pretend to be normal. If we could just find the witch-"

"There's no promise that the witch would help you even if you found her," Allison interrupted. I shifted around in my seat uncomfortably. "And I don't want you to be normal, Scott. I want you to be alive."

She got up after that, exited the cafeteria with a flair only someone who just won an argument could. I felt guilty, especially because Scott's biggest hope of surviving this thing was me, when I wasn't even sure I'd fight with him.

I got up, intending to follow Allison, when Stiles arrived in front of me and blocked my path, grabbing my shoulders to stop me.

"Not so fast," he said, before pointing to a table. "You see that?"

I looked at it. "What? It's an empty table."

Stiles squeezed my shoulders. "Yeah, but whose empty table?"

I frowned, confused. Scott answered for me, eyes wide. "Boyd."

It clicked. Boyd was Derek's next victim. The next teenager he intended to bite. Scott scrambled out of his seat and all three of us raced down the hall, trying to come up with a plan. We needed to find Boyd. That was the number one priority.

"I'll go to the ice rink, see if he's there," Scott said. "You can go to his house, and if he's not at home you call me, got it?"

I raised my hand. "And what about me?"

Scott and Stiles looked at me blankly, and I had to remind myself they didn't know I was a witch. They just thought I was a human like Stiles.

"You can come with me," Scott eventually said. "As back up. Stay hidden unless I need you."

I nodded my head politely. Great. I was going to be 'back up' which would end up as a look out, which meant me doing absolutely nothing because they believed I didn't have anything to bring to the table.

Nevertheless I complied, because this way I could at least feel like I was doing something, instead of just staying at school and going on with my day as if nothing was happening.

Stiles looked hesitant though, so Scott asked, "what?"

Stiles sighed. "I don't know. Maybe we should just let him. You said Derek's giving them a choice, right?"

Before Scott could answer I spoke up, surprising all three of us, myself included. "We can't."

"But, I mean, Erica looked pretty good-"

"This is war Stiles," I reminded him grimly. "She's not going to look good for long."

Scott gave me an appraising look, and I realised I just earnt his respect. It felt better than it should have, like I was finally starting to belong with them. I couldn't though, because I was still torn between which side to choose. If I belonged with them I wouldn't be torn about it.

"She's right," Scott said.

"Yeah, I know," Stiles responded glumly. "All I'm saying is that they're not completely your responsibility."

Scott exhaled tiredly. "They are, and you know this thing is gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible."

Stiles stayed quiet for a second before stating, "alright, I'm with you. And I also gotta say this new found heroism is making me very attracted to you."

Scott rolled his eyes but I caught the smile on his face. "Shut up."

"No but seriously," Stiles said, stopping his stride. "Do you want to just try making out for a second?" Scott pushed Stiles forward. "Just to see how it feels!"

I laughed and Stiles flashed me a grin.

. . .

When we got to the ice rink, after borrowing Allison's car, Scott told me to hide behind one of the walls and to call Stiles if there was any trouble. I nodded, wanting to do more but also slightly grateful I didn't have to go onto the ice, because ice and I did not mix.

I peeked my head above the wall to the glass part of it, watching as Scott walked into the ice without so much as wobbling. I scowled. Unfair. Boyd was already on the ice rink, sitting on a machine that he was driving across the ice. I could only assume it was an ice cleaner machine or something along those lines, because I'd never seen one before. Most of the lights were off, except for a precious few in the rink, giving the room an ominous glow.

"Boyd!" Scott called out. Boyd's eyes darted to Scott, but he continued driving the machine. "I just want to talk!"

When Boyd didn't answer Scott continued. I felt a prickle of unease, watching with bated breath. "Hey, come on Boyd, please." Boyd still didn't answer. "Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on full moons, I mean everything."

Boyd finally stopped the machine, the engines rumble dying down as he turned to face Scott from his seat. "He told me about the hunters."

Scott stood a few meters from Boyd, looking relieved that Boyd was speaking to him. "And that's not enough for you to say no?" Boyd looked away, an unreadable expression on his face. "Whatever you want there are other ways to get it."

"I just want to not eat lunch alone every day," he said, staring at Scott impassively.

Scott grabbed onto his response, grateful that Boyd had finally shared something worthwhile. "If you want friends, you can do a lot better than Derek."

"That really hurts, Scott."

My head snapped to the other end of the ice rink where Derek now stood, hands in pockets with Erica and Isaac standing beside him. My gaze snagged on Isaac. It was my first good look at him in a while, and my eyes drank him in eagerly.

He had his same brown curls, his captivating blue eyes, but there was something different about him. He was... confident. The tilted head, raised shoulders, calm, relaxed posture. He was the same person, yet different. I could see the confidence rolling off him in waves and couldn't help but notice how attractive that made him. Not that he hadn't been before, but with his new-self-found confidence and that black leather jacket he was wearing, well, let's just say it made him very desirable.

"I mean, if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus," Derek continued, gesturing to the two werewolves at his side. "Erica, how's life been for you since we met?"

Erica twirled a strand of golden curls through her fingers, smirking. "In a word... transformative."

Derek nodded and turned to Isaac. "Isaac?"

My eyes darted to him, heart hammering in my chest as I waited for his response. Scott seemed to as well, his eyes also glued to the brown-haired boy.

"Well, I'm a little bummed out being a fugitive, but, other than that I'm great," he answered, flashing Scott a charming smile.

I felt my heart drop. He was great. I hadn't seen him since he nearly tried to kill me, and he was great. He wasn't worried about me, how I might be doing. He was great living life without me. I frowned at my thoughts. Of course he was. I'd only known him about a week before he turned. Still, I'd considered him my friend, and usually you care for your friends.

I scowled at myself. That didn't matter. What mattered was currently Scott was losing the debate about how bad being a werewolf was, and it was crucial we convinced Boyd not to agree to take the bite. And, I realised with no small amount of panic, the fact that both Isaac and Erica had started inching towards Scott, eyes fixed on him with predatory gazes.

"Okay hold on," Scott said. "This isn't exactly a fair fight."

Derek shrugged. "Then go home Scott."

Isaac and Erica started walking towards Scott and I balked. Were they going to hurt him? Was Isaac going to hurt him?

All of a sudden Scott raised his fist and brought it down to the ground, cracking the ice as he changed into his werewolf form. I didn't flinch much this time.

"I meant fair for them," he growled, eyes glowing.

Isaac and Erica surged forward, Isaac getting to Scott first. He threw his arm out in a punch but Scott dodged it, grabbing Isaac's arm and using it as leverage to throw him across the room. My breath hitched as Isaac hit the wall I was hiding behind and silently prayed that he'd be too busy focusing on Scott to notice my scent.

It seemed luck was in my favour for once because all he did was get back onto his feet and join the fray again. Erica lunged forward but Scott kicked her in the stomach, throwing her backwards as she hit the side of the machine. Scott turned to Isaac, readying his claws, when Erica got back up and pushed Scott forwards, right into Isaac's hand.

Isaac threw Scott against the ice machine, pinning him against it. I let out a gasp as Scott threw his head forward into Isaac's, making the boy stumble back as Scott advanced, punching him in the stomach.

Erica jumped on Scott's back, wrapping her legs around his waist as she moved her arms to wrap around Scott's neck. Scott jerked backwards, slamming Erica into the machine just as Isaac ran forward. Scott kneed him in the stomach, and when Isaac bent over, smashed both his fists onto Isaac's back, the boy crumpling to the floor.

I wanted to help, badly. I wanted to go out there and stop the fight. Stop Isaac and Scott from getting hurt, but that would mean revealing my powers.

When both Erica and Isaac were on the floor, Scott took the chance to turn back to Boyd. "Don't you get it? He's not doing this for you. He's just adding to his own power, okay? It's all about him. He makes you feel like he's giving you some sort of gift, when all he's done is turn you into a bunch of guard dogs."

He picked both of them up by the collar, ignoring their struggles, and slid them across the icy floor. They arrived at a stop right in front of Derek's feet, who looked on with an amused expression on his face.

"It's true," he said. "It is about power."

Derek started walking towards Scott, leisurely strolling while he got his claws out. Isaac and Erica started getting up behind him but made no move to join him as they watched Derek stalk Scott. I felt sick, my hands sweaty by my sides as Derek's eyes started glowing red and he changed, transforming into his werewolf self.

He continued walking until he was face to face with Scott, and then they just stood there for a moment, waiting for the other to make the first move. Derek eventually made it, slamming his head against Scott's and making the younger werewolf stumble back, hand going to his head. Before he could do anything else Derek uppercut his jaw, then punched him square in the face as Scott tried and failed to gather his bearings.

He continued his assault, using Scott's earlier move of kneeing him in the gut to punch down on his back. Before he managed the second part, however, Scott's elbow jerked backwards right into Derek's jaw, giving Scott the time he needed to stand upright and get his head back in the game.

Derek growled, flexing his claws before going back into battle, grabbing Scott's arm and bending it backwards as his other arm was used to punch Scott in the face again, and again, and again. Eventually Derek lifted Scott's whole body up and slammed him to the ground repeatedly.

I froze. Scott wasn't going to survive this. Not from the way his body kept smashing against the ice. Soon enough he'd land on his head, and then everything would be over. Derek was going to kill Scott.

Panic seized me, and before I even realised what I was doing I ran out onto the ice, my whole body screaming at me to run the other way.

"Stop!" I cried.

Everyone's heads snapped towards me, looking at me with expressions ranging from horror to amusement. I tried to ignore them as my feet touched the ice, intending to run to Scott, before I realised my fatal mistake.

Ice and I do not mix.

Too late I wished to have never left my hiding place as my balance left me. I felt forward, throwing my arms out to catch me as I slid across the floor. I cursed, trying and failing to get up, until eventually I found myself near the ice machine which I crawled to, using that as leverage to stand upright.

I gripped the edge of it tightly, the only reason I was on two feet, as I stared at Derek. I could hear Erica's laughter but refused to look at her, or Isaac. I just stared at Derek menacingly, or what I hoped was menacingly, as I crept forward carefully until I stood at Scott's body.

I cleared my throat, trying to find some remaining shred of dignity. "I will fight you," I warned.

Erica barked out a laugh, and I couldn't blame her. Not when I was barely able to stand on my own, yet was threatening an Alpha to fight. It seemed ridiculous to me as well, but I needed to do something. I risked a glance at Isaac and found him wide eyed staring at me, shaking his head as if to beg me to reconsider, to leave and pretend this never happened.

I couldn't though, not with Scott bleeding on the ground, barely able to string a coherent sentence together.

"And how are you going to do that?" Derek asked, a cruel smirk on his face.

I swallowed, looking down at Scott. At the boy who was looking at me with pleading eyes, to leave before I got hurt even if that meant damning him. I looked at him, and I finally came to a realisation. I was on his side.

"Like this."

I felt rather than saw magic surround me. It was a dark purple mist that swirled around my hands and feet, begging to be used. Begging to be released. It made me feel strong, powerful, in a way I'd never felt before, not even when reading the book, because I was ready to use this power. I was ready to use it to my advantage, and that thought alone made me feel drunk on power.

I saw everyone's reactions. Erica had stopped smiling, her eyes going wide as she stared at my power that she didn't understand. Isaac had a similar expression, except it was mixed with concern and... hurt? Because I hadn't told him? Even Derek had been surprised, shock wiping that stupid smirk off his face.

The shock was quick to leave though, replaced with a smirk as he looked at me. "We've found our witch."

I narrowed my eyes at him, leaning down to help Scott upright. "I'm not your witch."

I risked a glance at Isaac, finding his eyes glued to me. Now that he'd gotton over the initial shock, his eyes were pleading with me, like he was trying to tell me something. I looked away, my heart aching, and focused back on Derek.

"I'm with Scott," I said.

Derek shrugged, hands in pockets. "For now."

He turned and walked away, leaving me with a feeling of dread. Should I have revealed myself? Had I made a mistake? I watched as Erica trailed behind Derek, Boyd following, because of course we'd been too late to save him.

The only person left was Isaac, who was left standing alone in the ice rink, still staring at me. My throat bobbed.

"Y/n-" he started.

I shook my head. "Go, Isaac."

He frowned. "But-"

My magic shot forwards, pushing Isaac back as I turned to him. "Leave."

He left.

A/N:

the ice rink scene is my fav ever

also sorry for not updating for like... three weeks i forgot this existed lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 176 21
Katherine Lightwood the girl who left Beacon Hills a year ago with her family try to control her powers. She left her best friends Scott Mccall and...
376K 8.8K 30
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐๐ซ๐ฎ๐ , ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐š๐๐๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ," Void whispered into my ear. "๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐š๐๐๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐š๐ง๐...
10.4K 417 17
Joey Argent is the younger sister of Allison Agrent and the youngest in the Argent family, being born for the duty of hunting down supernatural creat...
174K 5.4K 28
Some things are better kept as secrets- such as the fact that Isaac's father abuses him, his best friends are werewolves, and that Phoebe Tonsla, Isa...