S̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶M̶e̶ | 𝐀...

By PowerToLePotatoYEET

... Hello?... Please, whoever you are, don't leave me... [an interactive Wattpad story where you, the reader... More

48
65
6c
70
20
4d
65
20
53
68
65
e2
80
99
73
20
48
65
72
65
20
47
65
74
20
4f
75
74
20
50
6c
65
Quick Update!
61
73
yet another little a/n
IM SORRY
65
20
whats up yall back at it AGAIN with an author's note
Fun Fact Series #1
Fun Fact Series #2
4c
Fun Fact Series #3
Fun Fact Series #4
65
Fun Fact Series #5
61
76
65
20
Fun Fa̶c̶t̸ ̸s̸e̸r̵i̶e̷s̵ ̷#̸6̸
?⃝   ?⃝   ?⃝
⬛️⬛️
▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️
🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹
✋︎ ♋︎❍︎ ♋︎●︎♓︎❖︎♏︎

So.

18 5 5
By PowerToLePotatoYEET

...

I know I said there would be no more A/Ns, but after such a long time, I really felt like I owe you all a proper explanation... and farewell (of sorts).

It's getting tiring to read all of my apologies, isn't it? Again and again, I've started something brand new, something exciting that people want more of, and then abandon them after a week or two on average.

I'll be honest, this is probably the most dedicated project I've ever worked on.

And I think that's because I loved it in a way that I don't typically feel towards my other books.

Maybe because it's something entirely (or at least mostly) original. Not a fanfic, but rather, something that I made instead of my usual self indulgent insanity spun from another person's creation.

Or maybe because you guys helped me write it. And that alone makes this feel so much more special and personal to me than anything else I've ever made.

Because as much as I love this— this universe, these neat little characters and their stories that I made— I love you more.

I adored being all those characters. Rune, Wesley, Chocolate... Hyden was my favorite, honestly. It was enchanting to play as them, like an actor having fun on stage.

I had a whole story planned out for them. All because of one interesting little dream I had about a dead family and the man who killed them.

I still think about it from time to time. And I feel guilty because I left everyone hanging just as the plot was getting really juicy, but I swear I have an explanation for that.

The truth is, I didn't plan the whole fourth wall break thing at all. I just impulsively did it on a whim because it seemed like a cool idea at the time.

I personally believe that characters should be the ones shaping the story. If there's already a concrete plot laid out in front of them, it doesn't feel as natural trying to wrangle them all into following it. It could seem out of character, or forced. Certain plot points could come off as "too convenient". You have to think of them as people rather than fictional puppets for maximum realism, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

I tend to make things up as I go along. Whatever happens, happens. You know?

But that also often leads to things like this, where I drastically change the story in a way that I hadn't properly planned for, and I end up having no idea where to go from here without making the story even wilder and more far-fetched.

That's why I abandoned this book. Because I truly did not know what to do. I got overwhelmed, and left, and found interest in other things. And eventually, this book faded away into the back of my mind. I lacked both motivation and inspiration to continue it.

But I didn't forget. I never forgot.

I never forgot typing out the first chapter, expecting the whole thing to die within a few days. Who would even bother with a dumb, crazy concept like this one, right?

But you guys came, and you stayed. And that means more to me than you'll ever realize.

I'm so happy you liked my project, and I hope you enjoyed speaking to my characters, because they all definitely enjoyed speaking to you (even if some of them are more reluctant to admit it than others).

Wattpad in general was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I know with the recent updates, it's become practically unusable (at least for me), but I'll never forget my experiences here.

I don't care if Wattpad has a reputation of being one of the worst fanfiction sites. It holds a special place in my heart because of people like you who use it.

Even if I've moved on to other places like Tumblr and AO3, I still check in every once in a while. And seeing notifications from my old friends never fails to make me smile. I'm so sorry I don't speak to any of you anymore, but I promise I never forgot about you. There's just been so much going on and I feel like I can't accomplish anything with my constantly fatigued body.

Anyways, that was a very long speech to illustrate a simple point: I love you.

You're probably sick of scrolling now, but I figured it'd not only convey my emotions better, but also maybe bring back some nostalgia for you. After all, this is how almost all the chapters were formatted.

Gosh, this book really is old.

I'm not done yet, though! I have important news! So please don't leave just yet.

After all, that's the title of this book. Don't Leave Me.

I always imagined Rune saying that, but now I'm the one saying it. Funny, right? How the author becomes their character?

First of all, I'm officially abandoning this book for good. This is it— no more chapters after this one.

But don't you despair, for I'm not quite done just yet.

Are you ready?

Okay, here's the other important news I bet you were dying to hear!

I'm going to be remaking not only this book, but EVERYTHING, from the plot to the characters themselves.

That's right! Completely fresh new slate. Everything from this book will be deemed non-canon; you can consider it a beta version of sorts.

Of course, that doesn't mean everything will be different. Some things will be kept the same, while others will be changed entirely. You'll just have to find out for yourself when it happens.

Back when I first started, I had nothing but a few vague ideas and concepts. But this time, I'll actually plan things out! I'll give you all a proper story because that's what you deserve, as a reader.

I'm hoping the personalities and lore will be more fleshed out instead of just me making up stuff on the spot. I'll even put actual research into it!

When the new book comes out, don't expect anything that happened here to be remembered by the characters. I'm truly sorry, but you can always befriend them all over again!... even if they're slightly different from what you're used to.

If you want, I could make a spin-off book with all the original characters here and let you interact with them. No plot, no overarching story or hidden lore, just you guys getting to spend time with them again. And the ones that never really got to make an appearance, like Rachel.

Anyways, I hope everyone who used to follow this book is still around to read this. And I hope that in the time that I was gone, you've had lots of amazing experiences and grew as a person, like me.

As always, take care, and love yourself. Because I love you. And so do all your friends. Never forget that.

-💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
This story is from my imagination and none of these characters are real. I will be making an animation based off of this story. Thank you for reading!
3.9K 54 6
Everything written here is fiction. There are less Y/N x JJ one shots here in Wattpad so I decided to try and give this a go. Won't take any requests...
164 15 16
Discontinued, don't read unless you like cliffhangers. Read my new stories instead!