Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

RozaStray által

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... Több

1-Kamille
2-Ezra
3-Ezra
4-Kamille
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
10-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
14-Kamille
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra

5-Ezra

79 5 0
RozaStray által

"Are we sure this is the right area? I don't see an open window." Alec commented quietly as we stood outside of Alpha Williams' home.

"There was a change in plans. Maxwell is moving locations and asked us to regroup here instead." Zack rebutted. Ignoring their little banter I kept a close eye on the windows. Trying to figure out which one would open up. When one did I pushed the others to go up first allowing me to stay hidden if the need arose at any point. Once they all cleared the window without incident I leaped up myself. Coming face to face with the last person I thought I would see.

"Hello there princess. Ready to see if your deadbeat father is going to pay me?" I asked as I cautiously stepped over and around her. She was obviously stunned about my appearance and didn't bother to move. Shrugging I moved to the door to her left not wanting to waste more time.

"You know Killick, that specific way will get you seen before you get to my father." Came Max's quiet voice from behind me. Sounding and looking a bit annoyed from where he stood.

"Is that right Maxwell?" I said turning to face him with a smirk. Further annoying him with my carefree attitude and a 'I don't give a fuck' look. I liked Max, to a degree of course. Max was beneficial to have around as a rat and he got the job done in a timely manner. Which was why I liked him. He needed me to take down his father to allow him to find his mate. And I needed him to help me get in to take his father down. We made a deal with one another, doesn't mean we had to be friends with each other.

"Fine do as you wish it's your funeral not mine." Max grumbled out.

"I overheard the guards talking about having shinny daggers on them. Don't know why it matters that its silver but I thought that information would be helpful." Kamille said randomly. Amazed that she seemed to snap out of her shock.

"Shinny daggers? What is she blabbering about?" Commented an annoyed warrior of mine through our pack bond. For some reason that bothered me to the point I glared in their direction. All but Alec and Zack froze at having my full attention on them.

"She means silver. If you have nothing better to say I suggest you keep it to yourself. Remember she's a wolf that is sheltered from the truth. She doesn't understand that she is a wolf or what silver does to us." I shot back through the bond making them shudder and cast their gazes down in shame. Turning back to Kamille with appreciation that she gave us important information.

"Thank you for the heads up princess. I will make great use of it and see you after all this is sorted out. One way or another." I added in the end. Turning back to the door I was initially going to head out before hearing a grumble. Sighing I turned back around and stared at Max. "Fine Mr. Grumpy pants, lead the way." Obviously not too happy to go with his plan. But I had to admit it was the best option, didn't want to get caught and give Williams a reason to run. I also rather only take him on not his entire pack. Following Max to a bookcase that lead to a secret passage.

"This leads right down beside my father's office. There shouldn't be any guards around given he set them away from his office." Max said as he moved to the side.

"Paranoid much? Exactly how many passages does this man need?" Alec scoffed and crossed his arms. Ignoring him I looked to Max and held my arm out. Not missing a beat Max clapped my forearm in a firm hand shake.

"I leave my pack in your care. I really don't want to kill you, seeing as you aren't like your father. But I will if you let any harm come to them purposely. They have their orders to keep your sister safe. If you compromise that, they have every right to tear you limb from limb." I warned before taking the passage down. The minute my feet touched the floor I gazed around the small room I had. Rolling my shoulders I took a step back and kicked a wall paneling that was different from the rest. Watching as the panel fell and hit William's desk causing him to jump in shock. Not that I really cared how shocked he looked. However I did use it to my advantage and moved towards him, standing on his desk. Crouching down in front of him with a hand held in front of me.

"Pay up Williams or pay the price." I stated curling my hand as I beckoned him to hand it over. He growled loud enough that five men came rushing in through the only door to the office. So much for guards not being near here. "I take it that you don't have a savings account Williams." I growled myself in annoyance as I was forced to dodge a guard. Kicking another guard back into the three others before reaching for the first. Slamming his head down into the desk with enough force that he was knocked out.

"You won't get out of here alive Killick!" Responded Williams. Advancing towards me with a wild swing like a mad man. It wasn't hard to dodge the swing, infuriating the man further. It was sad to see that he was trying, really giving it all he's got and yet still falling short. "Fight you worthless mutt!" Growling in pure anger. His dominance rolling off him as if that would terrify me away. He was nothing compared to the other Alpha's I've been around and myself. Dancing around each other a bit as I got him into a position I wanted him to be in. Before kicking him in the chest and out a window, following after making sure to not cut myself with glass.

I could have simply ended Williams' life but what was the fun in killing your prey too quickly? No I wanted to make him sweat before ending him, make sure the last thing he saw was my face. The moment my feet touched the wet grass I looked around to see that I was surrounded by guards. "Really Williams? Are you that much of a coward that you have others fight your battles? Where did that spunk you had a few seconds ago go?" I yelled out. But my only answer was a set of guards stepping forward ready to fight. Two of them pulled a silver blade out while the third one clenched his fists. "Three on one isn't really fair you guys. Add another two then it'll be a fair fight." I sarcastically spat at them for the actual unfairness.

They all charged at me making it a bit difficult to single one out. Deciding that getting to higher ground will help. Looking for something, anything that could give me that leverage as I dodged blades and fists. Climbing up the stone building behind me to allow me to catch my breath and avoid the guards. Spotting an old willow tree just in the middle of what I assumed was a garden. It had been years since I seen it as a child. A bit curious as to what happened to the garden for it to look so depressing.

"Don't think you can run away Killick!" Williams howled from below me. Looking down just in time to see a guard climbing up after me.

'If you are going to take the chance, take it now pup.' Rei, my wolf, spoke up. Seizing my chance I hurled myself forward. Upon nearing the ground I rolled to my feet allowing me to take off in a sprint to the tree. Climbing it as if I had been doing it for years. Using the cover of the tree to hide me while I assessed the situation better. The guards that attacked were brave enough to follow me up the tree. I watched as two of them climbed with ease. While the third had a difficult time trying to get a grip on a branch. Slinking further into the tree the best I could. Keeping a close eye on the two men trying to hide behind leaves. They climbed like giant cats hunting its prey which put me more on edge. My foot slipped drawing attention to me, causing me to curse mentally at my mistake. I barely had enough time to dodge the blade aimed for me. Slicing into my skin drawing a bit of blood from the wound. Hissing at the burning sensation I reached for a branch pulling it back before letting it go. Hitting the cat-like man directly in the face stunning him by the action. Reaching for the blade and driving it into his eye, not caring if I was splattered with blood. Watching him slowly fall back, body hitting every branch on the way down before hitting the ground.

The second man pounced shifting into a tiger mid-jump. Knocking me back with massive paws beside my head digging his claws into the tree. Jaw snapping at me trying to get a bite out of me while I fought to keep him back. Though it was pointless considering how much stronger he was in this form. Flinching away as blood was poured onto my face suddenly. The weight above me that held me down had lifted off, well more like fell off. Wiping at my face free to stare into dark grey eyes and blonde hair.

"Thought you could use some help Alpha." Max smiled down at me with a hand held out for me to take. Looking down to see Alec punching the last guy in the face with no issue.

"Why are we not allowed to kill but you two are!?" Alec whined in annoyance. Sighing I took Max's hand and pulled myself up. Both of us jumping down next to Alec then looked at each other before all of us smiled.

"Find that mutt damnit! I want him dead!" Williams' voice could be heard as we stood around. Reminding me the reason why I was out here and the realization that both Alec and Max were out here.

"Where are the others?" My concern showing through.

"Safe inside, Zack didn't like that you were alone out here. Sent me to help. He decided to tag along for the ride." Alec said shifting his weight closer to me. His eyes staring at the wound on my shin. His unspoken question lingering in the air.

"I appreciated the help up there I probably wouldn't have made it out with just this scratch. Since when did your father work with other kinds of shifters?" I questioned looking to Max for an answer. He shrugged before kicking the dirt around a bit.

"I heard rumors but there wasn't any conformation. If I stirred the pot too much then I would have been suspicious." I pondered his words before letting it go. If I was in his position I would have done the same. It's bad enough I wasted too much time already and needed to end this quickly.

"We have to hit him hard and fast. If you have to kill then make it quick. I rather there isn't so much bloodshed but they aren't making it easy. Do what is necessary with your best judgement." I communicated through the pack bond not realizing I didn't say it just to my wolf. Both Alec and Max gave me confused looks but I left our safety of the tree without correcting anything. Stretching a bit before shifting into my wolf seamlessly. Shaking out jet black fur loose the minute my paws pressed into the gravel. Sniffing around to catch Williams' scent that wasn't too far. Prowling through the garden in a low stalk following the scent. Taking any and all unsuspecting guards down silently as I could manage. I was just thankful the hedges of the labyrinth like garden kept me hidden. What I wasn't expecting was to have a guard turn a corner spotting me and yelled out.

"I found him! The damn mutt turned into his wolf!" My eyes flinging in his direction. Growling I lunged at him snapping my teeth around the man's head. Tearing it completely off his shoulders leaving nothing but the body to fall. A few others rounded the corner in time to watch their friend crash to the ground. And me swallowing the head with delight. Eyes wide in fear as they stared into my gold and red mismatched eyes. Blood still dripping down from my snout while I snarled at them. The thrill I felt watching them slowly bump into each other trying to get away before it became desperate. Ears twitching at the sound of more guards rushing in my direction. A funny thought crossing my mind. These stupid dogs called themselves wolves, and yet cower in fear at a wolf. One final glance to the scrambling dogs with a huff I began walking. Still following Williams' scent of wet dog and blood.

Closing in on him in a few steps. The smell of fear thick that it was a bit suffocating to be honest. Finding him as he tried his hardest to find a spot to hide in. A low growl rumbled within my chest grabbing his attention. Snarling menacing at him as I took slow steps towards him. Preparing to attack at any indication that he would flee or attack himself. The only reason I hesitated was because Kamille rushed between us kneeling in front of me. Not wanting to hurt her I paused all motion until I felt her wrap her arms around my neck. Freezing as that same shock from before followed by relief hit me. Turning all the anger I felt to calm. Silencing the constant hum I heard for nearly five years now. Movement to my left caused me to turn my head in that direction. Seeing Zack stood by a glass door with irritation written all over his face. Clearly Kamille had got under his skin and disobeyed his order for him to get that irritated.

"Please Killick reconsider, even I know he deserves a worse fate than this." Kamille whispered softly to me. Mentally sighing I gazed at Zack for help to get me out of this situation. One way or another Williams will die tonight.

"I give! I give up you win, I'll pay!" Williams pathetically begged.

"It isn't that easy anymore Williams. My Alpha will need more than just money now. You are to disband your pack and hand over your daughter. You are exiled from this state from here on out." Zack spoke as he watched me carefully making his way over. Now by my side Zack faced Williams. "Seeing as you didn't want to talk logically from the beginning. No pack, no home, just a rogue wolf on land that he is trespassing on. What does that mean? Well, you are a smart man figure it out."

"Why doesn't your so-called Alpha tell me this himself." Williams scoffed.

"As you can see he's incapable of talking to you since he's busy with your men." Zack said with a smile. As if on cue there was screams and cries from his guards in the background. "This is his loyal wolf that we brought along." I glared at Zack but made no move or sound.

"Watch it Zack." I warned through our bond. That little lie wasn't remotely believable but considering who we were up against it was fine.

"As if I'll follow orders from a disgusting murder!" Williams howled. Regaining some of the confidence that he lost.

"Maybe I could knock some sense into him?" Kamille offered to which Zack gestured for her to try. However that didn't happen since Williams pulled a silver dagger from behind him. Not trusting a single ounce of him I tried to take a step forward with Kamille still clinging on to me. Letting me go Kamille stood between us with her arms held out facing her father. Allowing me to stand without being held back. "Father, I suggest you run and continue to run. If what this man says is right about Killick you won't stand a chance. If you want to keep your life then run. Before you are caught." My mind was screaming danger the minute Williams took a step towards her. Telling me to protect what was mine at all cost. Another step, and yet Kamille didn't move. I could smell the fear and anxiousness coming off her.

Something had to happen for her to display this kind of reaction to her father. The only thing that came to mind was that he had physically harmed her somehow. My anger refueled at the thought of her being hurt. So much that I shifted back in time to wrap my arms around her. Doing the one thing you should never do to your opponent. Turned my back towards Williams. A sharp pain shooting through my back shoulder as he plunged the dagger into me. Howling at the excruciating pain I reached back trying to pull the blade out in an awkward angle and failing. Furious at the outcome I reached back once more and managed to pull it out. Crying out as I tore the wound further in the process. Breathing heavily I turned my sights back on a once again fear stricken Williams. Rage flowing off me as I let my own dominance pour out.

"Filthy poor excuse of a dog. And I'm the one called the demon." Grasping the blade still in my hand, I crossed the small distance to him. Stabbing him directly in the chest and continued to stab him even after he fell. Kneeling over his body, the satisfying sound of flesh ripping with each downward thrust I made with the blade. Blood pouring out of each new hole I created and soaking me in it. My wolf relishing in the blood rage, fueling me with every rip. Coaxing me to make it impossible to identify the disgusting man. It took Zack prying me off Williams' lifeless body, for me to leave the blade plunged in his flesh.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...
4.8K 433 27
This is book two in the " ReJecTed by the GaMma LoVed by the AlpHa" Series it's a standalone for the time being. ReJecTed by the GaMma LoVed by...
376K 7.3K 69
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...
1.5K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...