RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 12

188 6 0
By ZANE_555

(Ruby)

Inside Haven's student dormitory, Ruby, Y/N, and Roman are now in front of one of the dorm rooms. 

Y/N #1: "This is the place?"

Roman: "It should be, according to the student registry."

The crime boss sink down to one knee and takes out a hairpin and a bobby pin, which makes Ruby give a brief sigh.

Ruby: "Of course you can lockpick."

Roman: "Of course I can! People keep putting things I want behind doors."

Y/N #1: "Heh, yeah. I wonder why, Roman."

Roman just roll his eyes at his remark and continues.

Roman: "And right now, I want whatever is behind this one."

As he works on his lockpicking on the door, Y/N draws out Crimson and Violet and aim them at the door. Ruby just looks at him with some level of confusion.

Ruby: "Why are you taking out your pistols?"

Y/N glances over to Ruby as he quickly replies.

Y/N #1: "Just in case of any 'surprises' that might happen. You should take out your weapon too."

With a nod, Ruby turns her attention to the door, taking out Crescent Rose in its sniper rifle form and aiming at it. Eventually, the door swings open as Roman swiftly flicks the light on for the room. They find the room completely empty with even the basic furnitures not being there. The trio blink and after a moment of pause and lowering their weapons, Roman says.

Roman: "Aaand it's empty. Well... didn't expect that."

Y/N #1: "What were you expecting?"

Roman: "Oh, I don't know. A table. A bed here and there. Maybe a drawer. But this happens more often than you think."

Ruby exhales at their discovery, hanging her head.

Ruby: "Another dead lead." 

Y/N goes to pat her on the back as Roman strolls out of the room.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, Rubes. It's too soon to give up now."

Roman: "He's right, Red. This was just Plan A, and it honestly was a long shot."

Both Ruby and Y/N share a quick look of confusion before walking out of the room, following after Roman.

Ruby: "Well then, what's Plan B?"

_________________________________________________________________________

At a different Mistralian bar, Nora, Ren, and Jaune are in the middle of a card game with Qrow nearby. A confident-looking Nora raises a card dramatically before shouting.

Nora: "Empty Pursuit!"

As she shouts this, she slams the card on the table, all while smirking and crossing her arms proudly, still holding her other cards. Jaune groans and throws down his hand of cards in defeat.

Jaune: "No! All my hard work down the drain. I had a whole strategy and everything!"

Ren goes to pat Jaune on the back with a reassuring smile.

Ren: "Victory should never be built to, it should only be found in the flow of chance."

As he said this, he places down one of his cards before saying.

Ren: "Unexpected Fortune."

Upon seeing his trump card, Nora's eyes widen as she shouts.

Nora: "No! I was winning!"

Ren: "Hm, it seems I counter your play."

Upset over her defeat, Nora pouts, while crossing her arms as she turns to Ren.

Nora: "This game is so unbalanced. You're lucky we're not playing by standard rules or else that be outlaw."

As she continues her complaints over the card game, Jaune just shook his head and looks to Qrow who's by a window, watching and drinking with three empty glasses before him. 

Jaune: ("He's not wobbling yet. So, I guess that's good.")

Rolling his eyes back to his teammates, Jaune tap on Ren's shoulder.

Jaune: "Can I use your deck this time, Ren?"

With a nod, Ren hands him his deck with Nora readying herself for the next match.

__________________________________________________________________________

Ruby, Y/N, and Roman are walking the streets of the lower areas of Mistral. Not quite the slums, but definitely not the most pleasant area in the city what with the shabby buildings and patches of untamed vegetation nearby. Ruby points at Roman with an accusatory finger.

Ruby: "Just admit it, Roman, you don't have a clue on what you're doing."

Y/N #1: "You said you have a Plan B. Whatever happen to that?"

Rubbing his brows, Roman turns around to face them.

Roman: "I know what I'm doing. This is how good digging always go. Most leads turn up dry until you find one that hits paydirt. It's a number game really."

Y/N #1: "So, what? We keep our eyes peel?"

Roman: "Pretty much."

Ruby: "And why's that?"

Roman: "Look, there's always been rumors of a White Fang stronghold around this part of the city."

Y/N #1: "Wait, there is one?"

Roman: "Mm-hm. It was always something touching on my radar but since I didn't have anything against or support the White Fang before my time in Vale, I never look deeply into it."

Y/N #1: "Make sense. They don't bother you and you don't bother them."

Roman: "Yeah, something like that."

Ruby: "Okay, it shouldn't be too hard. We just have to look for a whole bunch of Faunus in one place, right?"

Her remark makes Roman raise a brow and Y/N shaking his head, making Ruby visibly puzzled.

Ruby: "What?"

Wordlessly, Y/N point at the crowd around them. Most, if not, all of them are Faunus, all walking and talking pass them. 

Ruby: "Oh..."

Roman: "Well, searching for the White Fang in Mistral's biggest Faunus quarters won't exactly be easy."

Y/N #1: "Doesn't help that they're not stupid enough to just walk around the place with their signature uniform and mask on in broad daylight."

Letting out a groan, Ruby places a hand on her head.

Ruby: "This is turning out to be a lot more frustrating than I hoped."

Y/N #1: "Well, things don't always go our way."

She then turns to Roman and Y/N, more specifically, Roman.

Ruby: "How can you be so carefree about all of this?"

Roman just look at her in confusion, looking between her and Y/N before pointing at himself.

Roman: "Who me?"

Ruby: "Yes, you."

Roman pause for a moment, pondering to himself before finally responding.

Roman: "Exactly how difficult either of you thought this was going to be?"

Ruby: "Huh?"

Y/N #1: "What do you mean by that?"

Roman: "Look at this from an outsider's perspective, we're trying to help an immortal wizard trapped in my head, tracked down a bandit tribe where we need to convince some kind of sorceress to flee the country or else someone might use her to open a big magic door. If anything, I want to ask how any of you, or your friends can be serious about this whole thing? Because to be honest, it sounds utterly ridiclous on paper."

Ruby could retort and only recoils as a wave of conflicting emotions cross her face upon processing Roman's words as Y/N just ponder for a moment before speaking up.

Y/N #1: "When you put it like that... it would sound absurd to someone who has no idea about... well, any of this."

Ruby is quick to reply back.

Ruby: "Well, we lost people, Roman... people that Y/N and I cared about during the Fall of Beacon."

This makes Y/N recoil, going silent as Roman just nod along to her remark.

Roman: "Right, right, you two were friends with that robot girl, weren't you?"

Ruby: "Her name was Penny."

Roman: "Right, Penny."

Ruby: "It wasn't just her. There was also Pyrrha too."

This is when Y/N chimes as he adds on, trying to hide the malice in his voice.

Y/N #1: "So many more people were hurt because of what Cinder did." ("She and her shitty lackeys are going to pay for it... all of it...")

Ruby: "Me and my team, at least the one I have now, want to get justice for what happened to the people that mattered to us. And to have Uncle Qrow still treat us as children when we're mora than able to help is really dampening my spirit."

As she said that last part, Ruby lowers her head in sadness as Y/N goes to place a hand on his shoulder. 

Y/N #1: "Ruby..."

Roman: "Well, of course, you guys are still children."

Ruby shoots a dirty glare at the crime boss, which he shrugs off almost immediately, while Y/N just give him a confused look.

Roman: "Hold on, let me elaborate. Ahem, you're in the mindset that you're the only ones that really lost people."

Y/N #1: "I mean, I could imagine how many people lost their friends and family during the Fall of Beacon... must have been devastating for them."

Roman adds on, while pointing to himself.

Roman: "Take me for example. I lost someone during the Fall of Beacon, by you, Red."

Y/N #1: "Oh right. You lost Neo during that fight you had with Ruby." ("I think Neo is... alive and well... I think...")

Roman: "Exactly. And yet, I still got my humor despite the setback."

Ruby and Y/N just stare at him with Ruby giving a deadpan look to the crime boss.

Ruby: "You and her were trying to kill me."

Roman quickly retorts back.

Roman: "I was forced to kill you under distress."

Y/N #1: "Yeah, I get that, but that still doesn't change that you were going to, Roman."

Roman: "Still holding a grudge?"

Y/N #1: "If I never learn of you and Neo's circumstance, then yeah. But now that you're no longer under distress, we have no choice but to work together."

After that, Roman turns to Ruby.

Roman: "We can sit here all day, blaming people for what happened all the way back up to Salem but, that wouldn't do much good for anyone."

Ruby: "Well, that is the case, isn't it?"

Roman: "The point is that you are getting upset over some pretty predictable roadblocks and that's probably why your uncle is being so dismissive. All I'm saying is that dead ends happen. Accept it, go on a different direction, and we see what you can find."

Y/N #1: "Sounds like you have some experience with this, huh?"

Roman: "Oh, you don't even know the half of it. Can't tell you how many heists I had to just give up on because security was too tight. And sometimes, all I had to do was wait for a new opportunity to present itself. Sulking gives you zero lien in the long run."

Ruby digests his words and takes a deep breath, reaffirming herself physically. She then nods to Roman.

Ruby: "You're right. I was just being petty."

Y/N #1: "It's alright, Rubes. Better to be aware of this kind of thing sooner than later."

Roman: "Glad we come to an agreement here."

Ruby quickly retorts back.

Ruby: "But I still should treat this a little more seriously."

Roman: "Okay then."

Y/N #1: "So what now? So far, you're 0-2 when it comes to your ideas, Roman."

Roman nod to this and puts a hand to his chin, pondering to himself. A moment later, he scowls, exhales and turns to Ruby and Y/N. 

Roman: "Alright, I think I have one more idea of where we could find a lead but, it's not going to be pleasant."

Ruby then responds to his remark.

Ruby: "To us? Or for you?"

Roman: "Depends. How do you two feel about spiders?"

In sync, Ruby and Y/N tilt their heads to the side.

Ruby & Y/N #1: "Spiders?"

__________________________________________________________________________

Ruby, Y/N, and Roman now stand in front of a club with an LED sign on top, calling it "Charlotte's." As they walk inside, Roman takes a deep sniff of the room.

Roman: "Ah, the smell of free enterprise."

Ruby just crinkles her nose in disgust as Y/N wave away the smell a little.

Y/N #1: "Yeah... sure smell like it."

Before they reach the room, Ruby turns to Roman.

Ruby: "Uhm, what is this place?"

Roman glances over to her.

Roman: "Come on, you can't possibly be that naive, Red."

Seeing the confused look on Ruby's face, Roman motion to the room before them. They find themselves in an oriental spider-themed strip club, brightly lit in purple lighting as everywhere they look has the aesthetic of a spider, a spider web, or both. 

Y/N #1: "Oh..."

Upon seeing where they are now, Ruby is quite taken aback by this as Y/N can see the embarrassment and slight blushing on her face. She starts pointing at the place with one arm and flailing her other arm.

Ruby: "I-I'm not o-old enough to go t-these places!"

Roman just waves off that notion.

Roman: "Don't worry, you two got adult supervision. Besides, there's no show during the day."

Still embarrassed, Ruby turns to Y/N and is surprised that he isn't even fazed by the place they are in, but rather looking around.

Y/N #1: ("Spiders... Qrow mention something about that...")

Ruby: "How can you be so composed, Y/N? We're in a... y-you know..."

She motions to the place they're in as Y/N just stare at her.

Y/N #1: "Oh, Qrow took me here a few times before."

Ruby: "What...?"

The embarrassed expression and blush on her face quickly fade into a frown as Ruby starts pouting once more as Y/N quickly elaborates.

Y/N #1: "D-Don't get it twisted, Rubes. I came here just for the food and drink. That's all. We been kick out by a bunch of bars so, we didn't have much of a choice back then."

Ruby: "Uh-huh..."

During this, Roman make his way towards a set of paper doors before glancing over to them.

Roman: "Come on you two. We need to focus."

His remark draws their attention as he continues.

Roman: "I do hope some of the girls I knew are still around. You might get along with them, Red since they're all actually quite nice. Though, since Y/N is here, I think it's best you keep him close to you."

Ruby: "On it."

As she said this, Ruby goes to wrap her arms around Y/N's arm, pressing herself against him.

Y/N #1: "Is this really necessary, Rubes?"

In response, Ruby gives him a serious look.

Y/N #1: "Alright then."

The two walk over to Roman as he knocks on the door. After a moment of waiting, the door slides open, revealing a large imposing man. The sudden appearance of this supposed bouncer makes Ruby be surprised as she let go of Y/N before Y/N goes to hold her hand. 

Y/N #1: Someone you know, Roman?"

Roman: "Hm..."

Unfazed by the large man's glare, Roman calls out to the room behind the man.

Roman: "Honey, I'm home!"

The bouncer just raises his brow at him. Suddenly, a woman's voice behind the bouncer address to him.

Woman's Voice: "Let him through."

The bouncer moves out of the doorframe and motion him to enter. Pleased by this, Roman casually walk inside and as Y/N and Ruby was about to enter, they are stop by the bouncer. Y/N and the bouncer have a little stare down before Roman's voice cuts in from behind the large man.

Roman: "They're with me. Let them pass."

With a brief sigh, the bouncer moves out of the way and let them enter. After a couple moments of walking, the trio enters the sitting area lined with glass figurines where a sundara screen separates the speaker from the rest of the smoke-filled room. Y/N and Ruby look at the room with some level of awe as Roman stand before the woman behind the sundara screen, only seeing her silhouette. 

Roman: "Ah, Lil' Miss. It's been quite a while."

Y/N #1: ("Wait, Lil' Miss... as in the leader of the crime syndicate, Spider... the twins' mom... alright, this making a lot more sense now.")

Out of the side of his mouth, Roman glances over to Ruby and Y/N and speak in a whispering tone.

Roman: "Get ready to run, just in case."

Giving a terrified look, Ruby whispers.

Ruby: "What?!"

Before Roman and Y/N could say anything, Lil' Miss calls out to Roman.

Lil' Miss: "Roman! How dare you to come back here! Years without so much as a letter or a scroll call and now you show up without even a souvenir from Vale."

The ginger-haired man just awkwardly laughs it off.

Roman: "There wasn't much to give after Beacon fell. All the good souvenir shops have been either looted or destroyed."

Lil' Miss: "Hm... how unfortunate. Still, it's pleasant to see him and the several thousands lien you stole from me the last time you were in Mistral."

Upon hearing this, Ruby and Y/N shift their gazes to Roman, giving him their deadpan looks. Noticing this, Roman's eyes twitches, turning his attention to the silhouette of Lil' Miss Malachite as he scratches the back of his head.

Roman: "I was sure that money was for the Caliban job. You wouldn't have forgotten to pay me now, would you?"

After a moment of silence in the room, Lil' Miss chuckles at his remark, easing the tension in the air a little.

Lil' Miss: "It's genuinely good to see you again, Roman. The streets of Mistral have been far too quiet without your shenanigans. When I heard the news about Vale and the Fall of Beacon, I was concern for you and your little friend. Must've been a shame to lose her but, you seem to be bouncing back alright."

As she said this, Lil' Miss point from behind the screen at Ruby, which Ruby just respond with a little wave and smile.

Ruby: "Hey!"

Lil' Miss: "Oh, this one speaks? And what about you?"

She then points to Y/N, which Y/N responds back.

Y/N #1: "Hello, ma'am. Nice to meet you."

Lil' Miss: "I see that he has some good manners. Quite rare around these parts. Well, this quite new for you, Roman."

Roman: "Believe me. It's been an adjustment period."

Lil' Miss: "It would seem that way."

After a few more minor pleasantries, Lil' Miss then asks Roman something.

Lil' Miss: "So, what brings you here?"

Sensing the change in her tone, Ruby and Y/N share a look before turning to Roman as he then replies.

Roman: "Okay, I'll get right to the point. I need some information."

Lil' Miss: "Roman, you should already know my price for that."

Roman: "Well, this maybe a mutual beneficial exchange as we're looking for the Branwen Tribe."

This makes Lil' Miss pause for a bit before asking.

Lil' Miss: "What do you all want with them?"

Roman: "You see, I've fallen between a rock and a hard place and someone inside of that tribe is my way out. If there so happens to be any substantial collateral damage to the tribe along the way, well accidents 'do' happen after all."

During Roman's explanation, Y/N turns to see Ruby, playing with one of the small porcelain doll figures on the shelf. Y/N tries to call her in a whispering tone.

Y/N #1: "Ruby... what are you doing...?"

Ruby: ("A Mistralian geisha doll. Wow, I never seen one bef-")

Her train of thoughts are interrupted when she accidentally snaps the doll's neck, much to her shock. Quietly and nervously, she places it back on the shelf before Lil' Miss and Roman can notice as she then speeds back to where she was standing with Y/N beside her. Seeing this little scene unfold before him, Y/N leans over to Ruby and continues to speak in a whispering voice.

Y/N #1: "Really, Ruby?"

Ruby: "What? I was curious. I never seen one before."

Y/N then place a finger on her lips to keep her quiet as he does the same thing, placing a finger on his lips.

Y/N #1: "We don't tell anyone about this, okay?"

Ruby nod in agreement as they turn back to Lil' Miss as Roman finish speaking to her. Lil' Miss remain silent for a moment before finally responding.

Lil' Miss: "Those bandits have a way of harassing my smugglers. Especially with the Branwen's chief among them are now back in the area."

After a couple moments of pondering to herself, Lil' Miss turn her attention to the trio before her.

Lil' Miss: "Very well, Roman. I'll give you the information. As long as you can guarantee that the Branwen at the very least move along again."

Roman: "I will do just that, Lil' Miss."

With a nod, Lil' Miss then proceeds to speak.

Lil' Miss: "One of my less valuable smugglers lost a few men to the bandits last week."

Roman: "Oh, so where's the location then?"

With a snap of her finger, the bouncer appears behind the trio, much to their brief surprise. Looking over to Roman, the bouncer takes out a sheet of paper and gives it to him.

Lil' Miss: "There's your location and a few other information along with it."

Roman glances over to Lil' Miss.

Roman: "Thanks."

Lil' Miss: "I should warn you, though. The Branwen have been quite popular recently."

Y/N #1: "Popular?"

Ruby: "What do you mean by that?"

Lil' Miss is quick to reply.

Lil' Miss: "You're not the only ones looking for them. You're just the only ones that didn't pay."

After that, the bouncer step back, letting the trio share a look as they quicken their pace towards the exit as Lil' Miss calls out to Roman.

Lil' Miss: "Be sure to keep in touch this time around, Roman!"

Roman: "I'm sure I will!"

As he said that, Roman, Ruby, and Y/N rushes out the door, fully leaving the strip club. Y/N, meanwhile, stand in front of the establishment, gazing upon it for a moment, then to the surrounding area and buildings. Now having a clear image of where Lil' Miss's place, if not, one of her places are at, Y/N quickly follows after Roman and Ruby.

______________________________________________________________________________

Team JNR and Qrow are now inside a different bar than the previous one where Qrow is visibly drunk, stumbling to leave the place. Ren is beside him and tries to keep him balance. He glances over to Nora, who is sitting next to Jaune.

Ren: "A little help here, Nora."

With a sigh, Nora goes over to Ren and help with support the intoxicated Qrow. Behind them, Jaune is rubbing his brows.

Jaune: "Y/N was right. The moment he stumbles, he would fall to the floor."

He pulls out his scroll and sends a message to Ruby. 

Jaune: "How are you, Y/N, and Roman doing? Got any lead so far?"

After a moment of waiting, he gets a reply.

Ruby: "We found a lead, but there's a problem."

___________________________________________________________________________

Back with Ruby, Y/N, and Roman, Ruby lowers her scroll, putting it away as they look through a broken door with a gaping hole in the middle of it. 

Roman: "This is the location."

When they look through it, the trio find the room completely dark as they could somewhat see a mangled shadowy shape of a corpse on the floor with a trail of blood leading front it to the front door. Y/N could also spot the bloody stump from the corpse. 

Y/N #1: ("Is... is that corpse missing a leg...?")

With a sigh, Roman glances over to them. 

Roman: "Do any of you have gloves?"

Ruby: "N-No."

Y/N #1: "I do, but I left them back at the house." ("Ugh, some much for Qrow's advice of always be prepared. Way to go, me.")

Roman roll his eyes and let out a short groan.

Roman: "So, we're going to be doing this bare-handed then... great."

As Roman goes to open the broken door via putting his hand through it to grab the doorknob, Y/N glances over to Ruby.

Y/N #1: "You ready for this, Rubes?"

Taking a deep breath, Ruby turns to Y/N.

Ruby: "I may it this far. No point in turning back now."

As she said this, Ruby goes to grab Y/N's hand, holding it tightly. The two share a look before nodding to each other before turning to the broken door as Roman manage to unlock it.

Roman: "Alrighty then. Let's get to work." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
619 11 11
[A RWBY FanFiction, I do not own RWBY as it is the sole property of RosterTeeth and created by Monty Oum (RIP he was a great mind among us all). I ow...
7.8K 47 22
This will be my second attempt at writing a fanfic involving an oc of my own and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and my second attempt at writing a fanfic i...
1.3K 19 15
(DISCONTINUED) "Don't claim that you know me, 'cause you know very well that I have seen through it all." ???:"Those words still echo in my mind. Gra...