One of the Good Ones

By TheQuietHufflepuff

When Juliette was a child, she should have died in a horrific accident. By some miracle, she survived. She f... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Just a Bit of Info
Season One
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
06. Skin
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. Hell House
13. Something Wicked
14. Dead Man's Blood
15. Salvation
16. Devil's Trap
Season Two
17. In My Time of Dying
18. Everybody Loves a Clown
19. Bloodlust
20. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
21. Simon Said
22. No Exit
23. The Usual Suspects
24. Crossroad Blues
25. Croatoan
26. Hunted
27. Playthings
28. Nightshifter
29. Houses of the Holy
30. Born Under a Bad Sign
31. Tall Tales
32. Hollywood Babylon
33. What Is and What Should Never Be
34. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part One)
35. All Hell Breaks Loose (Part Two)
Season Three
36. The Magnificent Seven
37. The Kids Are Alright
38. Bad Day at Black Rock
39. Sin City
41. Red Sky at Morning
42. Fresh Blood
43. A Very Supernatural Christmas
44. Malleus Maleficarum
45. Dream a Little Dream of Me
46. Mystery Spot
47. Jus in Bello

40. Bedtime Stories

16 2 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

EXT. CONSTRUCTION SITE - NIGHT

A cloud covered moon panned to a billboard advertising the building of new homes. "ONCE UPON A TIME..." in big letters, with a subtitle: "All homes were built this well" Below were descriptions of "3 & 4 bedroom luxury homes, 2 & 3 bedroom townhomes, etc. Available this Spring"

MAPLE SPRINGS, NEW YORK

Three heavy-set men were having a conversation in the distance.

"Yeah, me too."

"Come on guys, let's get it together. You're on brick."

"Yeah, I know, but I—"

"You're the brick guy and I'm the wood guy. That's the way it's always been."

"All I asked I just wanted someone to pick the color of bricks!"

"Okay, then you know what, it's gotta be you."

"(inaudible) not my responsibility!"

A growling sound was heard.

"Hey, what was that?" Kyle asked.

"I don't know, a dog maybe?" Emmett replied.

"That's a hell of a dog."

"Okay, we got a crew coming in the morning," Jack said. "Look at this wood, huh?! Look at it, it's crap! Where'd you order it from?"

"Same place as always," Emmett stated.

"Shoulda used the cinder block, like I wanted," Kyle muttered.

"You know what? Here we go again. You are not in charge," Jack told him.

"Hey, you're a bunch of girls. Look, it comes down to this, okay? One gust of wind and the whole place is gonna blow over!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Emmett retorted.

More sounds were audible.

"Did you hear that?" Kyle asked.

"Hear what?" Jack wondered.

Kyle's brothers walked off to a wood podium. Kyle hung back and moved in the direction of the noise. Kyle peered around a digger. There was nothing there. Kyle shook his head, literally snorting like a pig.

"Kyle, c'mon let's go," Emmett said.

"'Kay man I'll go warm up the truck," Kyle replied.

Kyle closed on Emmett. They watched as Jack was suddenly dragged behind a stack of piping. Emmett screamed and pulled over a floodlight. There was a growling as the light fell. Blood sprayed up on the driver's door of the truck. Kyle ran.

"JACK!" Emmett cried.

Kyle hunkered down and hid behind a stack of concrete blocks.

Something jumped out and attacked Emmett. Blood sprayed across plans at the podium.

Kyle continued to hide. There were no sounds. Kyle moved around the concrete blocks and saw Emmett lying on the ground, a blood pool from his mouth. He was dead.

He heard the growling begin again, and footsteps, and turned his head; something attacked Kyle and he screamed.

EXT. HIGHWAY - NIGHT

Crickets chirped.

A bullfrog sat on the highway and croaked.

Dean's Impala raced along. It hit a puddle and sprayed water as the frog hopped out of the way, just in time.

INT. IMPALA - NIGHT

Sam, angry, said, "I don't understand, Dean. Why not?"

"Because I said so," Dean replied.

"We got the Colt now!"

Dean spoke in a warning tone. "Sam..."

"We can summon the Crossroads Demon..."

They shouted over each other's words, getting louder each time. Juliette let out a frustrated sigh.

"We're not summoning anything."

"...pull the gun on her, and force her to let you out of the deal!"

"We don't even know if that'll work!"

"Well then we'll just shoot her! If she dies then the deal goes away!"

"We don't know if that'll work either, Sam! All you're pitching me right now is a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes" and that's not good enough, because if we screw with this deal, you, Juliette and Deanna die!"

"And if we don't screw with it, you die!"

"Sam, enough! I am not going to have this conversation."

"Why, because you said so?"

"YES, BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

"Well you're not Dad!"

Sam and Dean silently stared at each other. Juliette frowned as she looked between them. Deanna stirred in her sleep, but didn't wake.

Dean said fiercely, "No, but I am the oldest." He raised his voice. "And I'm doing what's best. And you're going to let this go, you understand me?"

Sam and Dean stared at each other angrily. Sam turned away and looked out the window. He looked angry but wasn't saying anything.

Juliette pursed her lips. "Are you two done?"

Dean glanced back. "Yeah. We're done. You okay?"

"I'm fine. You're lucky Deanna didn't wake up."

Dean offered her a small smile before saying in a calmer tone, "Tell me about the psychotic killer. C'mon, Sam, tell me about the psychotic killer."

Sam grabbed a paper from his lap and read monotonously. "Psychotic killer... rips victims apart with brute-like ferocity."

"Okay, any mention of his razor sharp teeth or his four-inch claws? Animal eyes?"

"No. But the lunar cycle's right. Look, if it is a werewolf we don't have long, moon's full this Friday and that's the last time it changes for a month."

"Two days, no sweat."

EXT. HIGHWAY - NIGHT

The Impala drove along highway.

INT. KYLE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dean held up a fake badge with his photo. Dean and Sam closed their badges and returned them to their suit and jacket pockets. Kyle laid in a hospital bed with bandages and scrapes. Juliette and Deanna remained by the Impala.

"I'm Detective Plant, this is Detective Page, we're with the County Sheriff's Department," Dean said.

"Yeah, uh, I've been expecting you," Kyle replied.

"You have?"

"All morning. You are the sketch artists, right?"

Sam turned towards Dean. "...uh."

"Absolutely," Dean answered.

Sam said quietly, "Yeah."

"Yeah. That is exactly who my partner is. The things he can do with a pen..." He laughed.

Sam glared at Dean.

Dean continued. "But listen before we get started on that, I wanted to ask you, uh, how'd you get away?"

"I– I have no idea," Kyle admitted. "I was hiding, and he found me. He was coming right for me and then he just... stopped. Staring at me with this blank look. And after that he just took off running."

"'Kay," Sam said with a sigh. "Um, I'm going to need as much physical detail as you can remember."

Sam pulled a small notebook and pen from his pocket and started sketching.

Kyle said, "Uh yeah. Uh, he's about six feet tall..."

"Six feet..." Sam repeated.

"Dark hair..."

Dean peeked at Sam's sketch.

"Uhm, what, what about his eyes, what color eyes did he have?"

"Maybe... blue?"

"Blue?"

"It was dark."

"Did they seem..." Dean began. "Uh, animal-ish?"

"Excuse me?" Kyle asked.

"What about his teeth?" Sam questioned. "You notice anything... strange about 'em?"

Kyle shook his head. "No, they were just teeth."

"Teeth, okay."

"How about his fingernails?" Dean inquired.

"Okay, look he- he's just a- a normal guy, with normal eyes a-a-a-and teeth and fingernails!" Kyle exclaimed.

"Look sir, it's okay if-" Sam was cut off.

"No. No. Those were my brothers. This guy, he- he killed my brothers. How would you feel?"

Sam paused. "Can't imagine anything worse."

Dean glanced at Sam and nodded minutely before saying, "I know this isn't easy but if you could remember any more details..."

"Th-there was one more thing he had a- a tattoo on his arm of a cartoon character," Kyle answered. "Umm... it's, uh, it's the guy who's chasing the Roadrunner—"

"Wile E. Coyote!"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Kyle?" Dr. Garrison called.

"Dr. Garrison."

"How you holding up?"

"Okay, considering."

"You're Kyle's Doctor?" Dean asked.

"Yes?" Dr. Garrison replied in a questioning tone.

He held up his badge. "Can I just ask you a few questions?"

Dr. Garrison nodded. "Sure."

Dean and Dr. Garrison left the room leaving Sam with Kyle. Kyle pointed at Sam's notebook.

"Don't I get to see it?" Kyle asked.

"Uhh," Sam laughed nervously, "yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Uhm, yeah, it's a, you know... work in progress."

Sam handed his notebook over to Kyle. On it was a badly drawn stick figure of a man, like a child's drawing.

"Hm. It— it's really... huh."

EXT. STREET - DAY

A bullfrog sat at the forefront. Sam and Dean, holding Deanna, walked, Juliette was in her wheelchair, while Dean and Juliette looked at Sam's drawing.

Dean laughed. "Boy, this is a piece of, uh, art. Really."

Sam snatched back the notebook from Dean. "Yeah, like you could've done any better. So what did the Doc have to say about Kyle's brothers?"

"Not much, they were D.O.A. at the scene. He did give me and Dean the lowdown on the coroner's report."

"Lemme guess, their hearts were missing."

"Nope," Dean said with a sigh. "But chunks of their kidneys, lungs and intestines."

"That's just gross."

"Yeah, also definitely not werewolf behavior."

"So, what? Demon? Attacker could've been possessed."

"Why would a demon stop halfway through an attack?" Juliette questioned.

"I think that, uh.. Could've... Yeah, I got nothing."

"Me neither," Dean and Juliette replied.

EXT. WOODS - DAY

Julie and Ken were hiking through the woods.

Ken searched his backpack and said, "Man I am starving. Hey, where are all the Power Bars?"

"You ate them all," Julie told him. "And we're lost."

"We're not lost! The path is... right here."

Ken and Julie walked on. At a break in the trees, they suddenly spied a quaint house. Smoke rose from the chimney.

"Look, there," Ken said.

"Oh, civilization," Julie stated.

Ken's tone was curt. "Yeah."

"Thank God!"

Julie and Ken walked toward the house along a wide path.

The front door opened and a cheerful old lady stepped out with a cane and asked, "Are you two doing okay?"

"Hi! Actually, we're, uh—" Ken was cut off.

"Lost," Julie finished.

"Oh it happens," the old lady said. "The trail gets twisty and my house is the only one left up here. Um, I could point you in the right direction, but I'm afraid it'll take a while to get back."

Ken spotted a pie cooling at the open window. He stared at it avidly.

The old lady continued. "You're really deep into the woods."

"Nice work, Ken," Julie muttered.

"Would you like to come in and rest a bit?"

"Um, yeah," Ken replied.

"Thanks, but we should head back," Julie said.

"Oh come on honey, she offered.l He added quietly, "She's a harmless old lady. What could happen?" He winked.

Ken went inside. Julie looked unconvinced, but the old lady smiled sweetly and Julie followed.

INT. OLD LADY'S HOME - DAY

Ken, Julie and the old lady sat at the kitchen table. Ken ate pie.

The old lady said to Ken, "You sure you don't want more?"

"No, thank you it's, uh, uhm..." Ken replied as his stomach growled and he looked uncomfortable. "I'm full."

"We should go," Julie told Ken.

"Mm-hm."

"We really can't thank you enough."

Ken got up from the table, grabbed the chair and fell to the floor in pain, gasping.

"Ken?" Julie called.

"Ju- Julie!" Ken cried.

Julie stood, then doubled over in pain as well. "Ah! Ah-Ah! What's going on?!"

"Julie!"

The old lady blurred in Julie's vision.

"Did you... drug us?" Julie asked.

The old lady got up from the table and took a large carving knife from the drainer. She began checking its sharpness with her thumb, smiling. Julie and Ken whimpered in the background.

"Julie, run!" Ken yelled.

The old lady walked over to the pair. Ken was propped against a padded chair.

"Stop," Julie begged. "Please, you have to stop."

The old lady said to Ken, "Don't worry. Everything's fine. You just hold still now dear."

The old lady slashed at Ken with the knife. Julie got splattered with blood and screamed. The old lady laughed, changed grip on the knife and leisurely stabbed Ken repeatedly. Julie continued screaming.

"NO! STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! NO!"

A little girl with long black hair in a white dress, red sash and red headband appeared outside the window, watching and observing. The old lady continued to stab Ken.

"NOOOOOO!!!! NOOOOOO!!!"

INT. HOSPITAL NURSES STATION - DAY

There was hospital activity around a nurses' station. Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean, in suits and a dress, approached the station. Two sheriff's deputies exited a patient's room. Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean hastily altered course and focused on a set of flowers on the counter.

The deputies passed by. Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean turned and continued down the corridor to the room where the deputies exited.

INT. JULIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

"Please, please," Julie said.

"Shh. Hey, we need to observe you while the drugs still might be in your system," Dr. Garrison told her.

Julie pleaded tearfully, "I have to go. I have things to do, arrangements I need to make!"

"It can wait. Now you need to rest. Stay. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Dr. Garrison walked towards Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean, who were standing/sitting in her wheelchair in the doorway.

Dr. Garrison sighed. "Detectives. Ladies."

"Dr. Garrison," Dean called.

"What the hell is going on here? My whole town is going insane."

"We'll let you know as soon as we do," Sam replied.

Dr. Garrison left. Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean moved into the room.

"Miss Watson? Hi. We just need to ask you a few questions," Dean said as he, Sam and Lana produced their badges.

"Do we have to go over this again?" Julie asked. "Now?"

"We'll try to be brief," Sam told her. "Miss Watson, can you tell us how you got away?"

Julie nodded. "I didn't eat as much as Ken did, so I wasn't as out of it. And, when the old woman was... carving up Ken, I shoved her, and she fell. Cracked her head on the stove." She paused. "She's dead, right? I-I killed her?"

"D'you have any idea why she'd do this to you?" Dean asked.

"No! One minute she was a sweet old lady and the next she was, like, a monster."

"Can you remember anything else?" Juliette questioned.

"Um, yeah." She sniffed. "Did you find a little girl there, by any chance?"

"A ... little girl?" Sam repeated. "At the house?"

"I thought I saw her outside the window. She, she just disappeared. Just vanished, into thin air."

Sam, Juliette and Dean looked at each other. Deanna looked between the adults with a small frown.

Julie continued. "It m-must've been the drugs."

"This disappearing girl — what, what'd what did she look like?" Dean asked.

"Does it matter?"

Juliette nodded. "Yes. Every detail matters."

Julie sighed. "She had this dark, dark hair and really pale skin. She was around eight. She was a beautiful child. It was... odd to see her in the middle of something so horrible."

EXT. OLD LADY'S HOME - DAY

The Impala was parked outside.

Dean voiced, "Well, there's no sulfur anywhere. How about the EMF?"

INT. OLD LADY'S HOME - DAY

"Yeah, it's going nuts," Sam said. "When I went over here by the windo... There's definitely a spirit here."

"Who stood outside the crime scene and watched," Dean commented.

"Looks like."

"What do you two make of that?" Juliette asked.

"Actually I do have a theory. Uh, sort of."

"Hit us," Dean told him.

"Well, thinkin' about fairy tales."

"Oh that's — that's nice. You think about fairy tales often?"

"No, Dean, I'm talking about the murders. A guy and a girl? Hiking through the woods, an old lady tries to eat 'em? That's Hansel and Gretel. And then we got three brothers, arguing over how to build houses, attacked by the Big Bad Wolf."

"Three Little Pigs."

"Yeah."

"Actually those guys were a little chubby. Well, wait, I thought those things ended with, uh, everybody living happily ever after?"

Juliette shook her head. "No, no. Not the originals. See the Grimm Brothers' stuff was kinda the folklore of its day, full of sex, violence, cannibalism. Now, it got sanitized over the years, turned into Disney flicks and bedtime stories."

"So you think the murders are uh, what? A re-enactment? That's a little crazy."

"Crazy as what?" Sam asked. "Every day of our lives?"

"Touché," Dean said. "How's the creepy ghost girl involved?"

"Uhm... Well, she must've been here for a reason. I'm willing to bet you top dollar she was at the construction site too."

"We gotta do research now, don't we?"

Sam shrugged. Dean closed his eyes.

EXT. CUMBERLAND COUNTY CENTRAL LIBRARY - DAY

Dean and Juliette exited, the former not looking happy.

"So?" Sam asked.

"Checked every record they had," Dean replied. "Found the usual amount of violent childhood deaths for a town this size."

Sam, Juliette, who picked up her daughter, and Dean walked across the road towards a park.

"Okay," Sam stated.

"Wanna know how many how many were little girls with black hair and pale skin?" Dean asked.

"Zero."

They entered the park.

"Zero!" Dean cried. "You wanna know how many how many little girls with black hair and pale skin that have gone missing? Right again. Zip. zilch, nada. Tell me you've got something good 'cause I've totally wasted the last six hours. Jules enjoyed herself."

Sam chuffed. "Well you ever hear of Lillian Bailey? She was a British medium from the 1930s."

"She got a thing for fairy tales?"

"Nah, trances. See she'd go into these unconscious states where, uhm, get this, her thoughts and actions were completely controlled by spirits."

"A ghost puppet master," Juliette said in a joking tone.

"Yeah."

"Think that's what this kid is doing?" Dean asked. "Sending wolfboy and grandma into trances, making them go kill-crazy?"

"Could be. You know, kinda like uh, uh, spirit hypnosis or somethin'."

"Trances I get, but fairy tale trances? That's bizarre even for us."

Sam and Dean stopped walking and Juliette stopped rolling her wheelchair. They looked down. A bullfrog sat in their path, croaking.

"Yeah, you're right," Sam stated. "That's completely normal."

The bullfrog croaked again and again.

"All right, maybe it is fairy tales," Dean agreed. "Totally messed-up fairy tales. I tell you one thing, there's no way I'm kissing a damn frog."

"Hey. Check that out." Sam pointed to a house opposite. A pumpkin sat on the porch.

"Yeah? It's close to Halloween."

"You remember Cinderella? With the pumpkin that turns into a coach, and the mice that become horses?"

Dean looked at Sam. "Dude, could you be more gay?" Juliette shot him a look. "Sorry."

Sam looked at Dean, nonplussed; his jaw worked speechlessly for a moment.

"Don't answer that," Dean added while Juliette rolled her eyes.

INT. PUMPKIN HOUSE - DAY

Dean picked the lock and Sam opened the door; they both entered. Juliette stayed back with Deanna.

"Well who knows, maybe you'll find your fairy godmother?" Dean joked.

Sam looked annoyed and Dean smirked.

They split up and began to search the house. They heard a noise and each drew their guns. Dean closed the front door. They continued to search.

At another noise, Dean motioned for Sam to head towards it. Dean followed.

"Help I'm in here!" a female voice cried.

INT. PUMPKIN HOUSE KITCHEN - DAY

"Hey! Hey," Sam said, seeing a teenage girl handcuffed to the oven. "It's okay. We're here, we're here. We got you." He opened his lock pick kit.

"You have to help me," the girl told him. "She's a lunatic."

"What happened?" Dean asked.

"My step mom, she just freaked out, screamed at me, beat me. Chained me up."

"Where is she now?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know."

Dean looked through the kitchen door, spotted the little dark-haired girl peeking out and called, "Sam."

Sam looked up and saw her as well.

The little girl turned away. Dean followed her. He walked through the house to the entryway and saw the little girl standing in the living room. She walked out of sight.

INT. PUMPKIN HOUSE KITCHEN - DAY

Dean entered the living room, looked around, but the girl was gone. Dean paused, then turned around. The little girl had reappeared.

"Who are you?" Dean asked.

The little girl was silent. She flickered and vanished. Dean, surprised, looked down at a red apple on the rug. He picked up the apple, frustrated.

EXT. STREET - DAY

Dean sat on the hood of the Impala, next to Deanna, playing with the apple. Juliette was in her wheelchair next to him, staring at the apple with a frown.

Sam approached and said, "Paramedics picked up Cinderella."

"That's good," Dean commented.

"Yeah."

Dean tossed the apple to Sam as Rose got into the car. "So... Little girl, shiny red apple. I'm guessing that means something to you, fairy tale boy?"

"I think it's Snow White."

"Snow White? Ah I saw that movie. Or the porn version anyway, 'cause there was this wicked stepmother? Woo, she was wicked." He grinned.

"There is a wicked stepmother," Juliette said. "And she tries to kill Snow White with a poison apple. You're disturbing sometimes. Be careful what you say around our daughter."

"But the apple doesn't actually kill the girl, right?"

"No. Puts her into a deep sleep, so deep it's almost like she's dead."

Sam tossed the apple back to Dean. They each got into the Impala. Dean helped his wife in before getting in himself.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

"No, sorry. We don't have any comatose little girls? " the nurse said.

"You sure?" Sam asked.

"Totally. It's mostly old guys. And, well... Callie. She's been around since before I started here."

"Callie?" Dean and Juliette repeated.

"Yeah, it's so sad. And poor Dr. Garrison, he just... won't give up on her."

"Is Callie one of his patients?" Sam questioned.

"No. His daughter."

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison sat at Callie's bedside, glasses perched on his nose, reading to her from The Complete Works and Tales of The Brothers Grimm. Callie was a young adult woman, with long, straight dark hair, lying completely motionlessly on the bed with monitoring equipment.

"Ah, here we are," Dr. Garrison said. ""Just press the latch,' called out the Grandmother. 'I'm too weak to get up.'""

EXT. SUPERMARKET PARKING LOT - DAY

A grandmother held two full grocery bags in her arms, crossing the lot and heading toward her car.

Dr. Garrison voiced, ""The Wolf pressed the latch, and the door opened. He stepped inside, went straight to the Grandmother, and ate her up.""

The grandmother opened the door with her remote key when a tall, dark man appeared, catching a falling bag.

"Oh! Thank you so much," the grandmother said.

The man put the bag on the back seat and smiled at the grandmother. The grandmother put the other bag on the seat. The man shoved her in the van and attacked her, hitting and punching wildly. His Wile E. Coyote tattoo flashed on his arm.

The little girl in white watched from a distance. After another blow, the man moved into the driver's seat and drove out of the parking lot as the little girl observed.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - DAY

Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean arrived at Callie Garrison's room. They stopped outside the doorway. They watched as Dr. Garrison read to Callie.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison continued. ""...and the Huntsman stepped inside, and in the bed lay the Wolf. So the Huntsman took a pair of scissors and cut open the Wolf's belly.""

Sam, Juliette and Dean glanced at each other. Dr. Garrison noticed them. He put down the book, got up and walked to Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean.

Dr. Garrison cleared his throat. "Detectives. Can I help you?"

"We just... heard that Callie is your daughter," Dean said.

"And we wanted to say how very sorry we are," Sam added.

Dr. Garrison nodded. "Well, uh. Thank you. If you'll excuse me."

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - DAY

"Oh, heading this way? We'll walk with you. How long's Callie been like that?" Dean questioned.

"We don't mean to intrude," Sam said. "We can't possibly understand how hard it must be for you seeing her like this."

"It's not easy," Dr. Garrison told them. "She's uh, been here since she was eight years old."

"That's when she was poisoned?" Juliette asked, glancing down at Deanna who was clinging to her.

"Yeah. Swallowed, uh, bleach. Never figured out how she got her hands on the bottle. My wife found her, uh, brought her to the ER here and I was on call."

"You're wife was uh, was that Callie's stepmother?" Dean guessed.

Dr. Garrison stopped walking and looked at Dean. "Actually, yes. How'd you know that?"

Dean shrugged. "Lucky guess."

"Well, Julie was the only mother that uh, Callie ever knew. My wife passed away last year and, uh... it's just my daughter and me now." He paused. "She's all I've got left." He paused again. "Uhm, excuse me. I've gotta get back to work."

"Yeah."

Dr. Garrison walked away. Sam, Juliette and Dean shared another look.

Sam, Dean, Juliette and Deanna were walking/wheeling down the hall in the hospital.

"Well you're right," Dean said. "It's Snow White in spades."

"Yep. Step-mom poisons the girl, puts her into a deep sleep. What's the motive you think?" Sam asked.

"Could be like Mischa Barton." He spoke off Sam's look of confusion. ""Sixth Sense" not the O.C."

San was even more confused. "What?"

"Hey, you and Jules know fairy tales, I know movies. Jules kinda does too. She played the pasty ghost. You know the, uh, remember the mom had that thing you know, where you keep the kid sick so you get all the attention?"

"Oh yeah yeah yeah, uh, Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. Huh, could be."

Juliette glanced up at Sam. "So say all these years, Callie's been suffering silently because nobody knows the truth about what mommy dearest did?"

INT. HOSPITAL RECEPTION - DAY

They walked into the reception area of the hospital.

"And after all this time her spirit just gets angrier and angrier, until it finally just starts lashing out," Sam said.

"Right. Meanwhile she has to listen to Dad tell her these deranged stories about a rabid wolf or a cannibalistic old lady," Dean stated."It's enough to drive anybody nuts."

"Okay, but how are we gonna stop her, I mean Callie's stuck here, her father's keeping her body alive."

"It does make it a bit hard to burn the bones."

"You think?" Sam and Juliette shot back.

"Coming in!" an EMT yelled.

The emergency doors opened and Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean watched as EMTs brought in the grandmother on a stretcher.

"Okay, what's her status?" the doctor asked.

"Seventy-two year old female, sustained multiple lacerations and puncture wounds," another EMT informed. "BP is eighty over forty and falling. Sinus tachycardia."

INT. HOSPITAL ER - DAY

"Is that a bite?" the doctor questioned.

"Looks like she was mauled by a mad dog or, maybe a wolf?" the second EMT guessed.

INT. HOSPITAL RECEPTION - DAY

Sam, Juliette, Deanna and Dean were watching outside the ER.

"What was the last story Dr. Garrison was reading Callie?" Dean asked.

"Little Red Riding Hood," Sam and Juliette replied.

INT. HOSPITAL ER - DAY

A cover was thrown over the grandmother. Sam, Juliette and Dean looked on grimly. Deanna had a small frown.

INT. HOSPITAL RECEPTION - DAY

"Excuse me," Sam called as he, Dean and Juliette, with Deanna on her lap, showed their badges to EMT two. "Was she the only victim?"

"She was found by the side of the road, barely alive," EMT two answered. "Alone."

"We need to find her next of kin," Dean told him.

EMT two looked through the paperwork. "She has a granddaughter."

"Do you have an address?" Juliette asked.

EMT two handed a sheet of paper to Dean who said, "Thank you."

"Thanks," Sam replied.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - DAY

"Hey, you find a way to stop Callie, all right?" Dean said. "Deanna will stay with you."

"What about you two?" Sam asked.

"Jules and I are gonna go stop the Big Bad Wolf." He paused. "Which is the weirdest thing I've ever said."

Juliette hugged Deanna. "Be good for Uncle Sammy."

Dean walked away, followed by Juliette. Sam and Deanna stared after them.

EXT. SCHOOL - DAY

A little girl walked out of the school and onto the sidewalk. She was dressed in a red hoodie. She smiled when she spotted a minivan she recognized. The litrle girl crossed the road and got into the passenger seat.

"Hey, Grandma?" the little girl greeted.

The man who attacked the little girl's grandmother turned in the driver's seat and growled at the little girl, locking the doors as he did so. The little girl gasped and tried to get out. The man started up the car and drove off down the street.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - DAY

Sam and Rose were searching the corridors, looking for Dr. Garrison, when he saw him ahead.

"Dr. Garrison!" Sam called. "I need to speak with you. Deanna, find a chair and wait, okay?"

Deanna nodded and found a chair to sit. She kicked her legs up and down as she babbled to herself.

"Detective. What can I do for you?" Dr. Garrison asked.

"Well, uhm... it's about Callie."

"My daughter? What about her?"

"You know maybe, maybe could we sit down for a minute?"

Dr. Garrison became annoyed. "No. What about her?"

"'Kay. Well um." He paused. "All right, Doctor, this isn't gonna be easy. What happened to Callie was not an accident."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, but it's true."

"You have no idea what happened to my daughter."

Dr. Garrison turned and walked away. Sam followed as he said, "There are things you don't know, Doctor, about your wife."

"My wife?"

"Doctor, your wife poisoned Callie."

Dr. Garrison stopped and turned back to Sam and paused. "Why would you say something so horrible to me?"

"Because I need your help."

"You stay away from me, and from my daughter, you understand?"

"Doctor, this isn't... Please, uh—"

Dr. Garrison walked into Callie's room, shutting the door in Sam's face. Sam sighed, opened the door, entered and closed it behind him.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

"I'm calling security," Dr. Garrison said, reaching for the internal phone.

Sam clamped his hand over it to stop him. "No, listen. I don't have time to do this gently. If you don't listen to me more people are going to get hurt, because Callie is going to hurt them."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You're gonna think I'm crazy, but just understand me. Your daughter Callie is still here. She's a spirit."

Dr. Garrison looked over at Callie sadly. He sat at the end of her bed, turning back to Sam. "So you've seen her too."

Sam looked surprised.

INT. RED RIDING HOOD'S HOUSE - HALL - DAY

Dean broke down the door and he and Juliette moved through the house, guns drawn. They crossed the doorway again and he pushed the door closed.

INT. RED RIDING HOOD'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Dean and Juliette saw the little girl in the red hoodie crying in the living room; her face was smeared with blood. They moved to her and he crouched down.

"You okay?" Dean asked as Juliette dried the little girl's tears.

"Yeah—Aaaaahhh!" the little girl screamed.

The man appeared and attacked Dean and Juliette, knocking the guns out of their hands.

Dean pushed Juliette behind him and punched the man. The man threw Dean across the room against a dining table. Dean moved towards the man, but the man threw Dean over the table and into a china cabinet, smashing the glass. Dean fell to the floor. The man started making his way towards Juliette who moved her wheelchair back.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison said, "I sensed her... Callie. Her presence, her scent. I even saw her standing at the foot of my bed but I never..." he paused, "believed it, I thought I was dreaming, I—"

"It wasn't a dream," Sam told him. "She looks like she did when she was eight. White dress. Red ribbon in her hair. She's been trying to talk to you."

Dr. Garrison sighed. "You're not a cop are you?"

"No."

"Then who are you?"

"Someone who knows a little bit about this kind of thing."

"But what you said about my wife poisoning Callie, that's—"

"Sir. Callie told us."

"What?!"

"Not in so many words, but in her own way. She told us."

Dr. Garrison shook his head. "My wife loved Callie. So how is – how is that possible?"

"I don't know. But it is."

"No. No I – I don't believe you."

"Look, Callie is killing people. She's angry. She's desperate, because nobody will listen to her. So you have to listen to her. Please, listen to your daughter."

INT. RED RIDING HOOD'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Dean and the man continued to fight. Callie's spirit looked on, smiling slightly. Dean grabbed a pair of scissors from a nearby knitting basket and swung at the man. He punched the man. He hit a bookshelf and collapsed.

Callie's spirit was suddenly distracted by Dr. Garrison's voice saying, "Callie? Callie, it's Daddy."

Callie's spirit flickered and disappeared from the room.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison continued. "It's me, Daddy. Is it true? Mommy did that to you? I–I know I wasn't listening before, but I'm listening now. Daddy's here. Please honey, is – is there anyway that you can tell me?"

"Doctor..." Sam began.

Dr. Garrison looked up at Sam, who nodded towards Dr. Garrison's side. Callie's spirit stood beside the bed, looking sad and forlorn.

"Is it true?" Dr. Garrison asked.

Callie's spirit nodded.

INT. RED RIDING HOOD'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

The man pushed into Dean and threw him to the floor. They struggled for the scissors.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison was in tears. "Oh – I'm so sorry, baby. But listen to me. You gotta stop what you're doing, okay? You're hurting people. I know everything now. I know the truth. It's time for you to let go. It's time for me to let you go."

Dr. Garrison turndd back to Callie's body in the hospital bed. He caressed her face and kissed her forehead tenderly. Callie's monitors buzzed and flatlined.

Sam looked down, saddened.

INT. RED RIDING HOOD'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

The man struggled on top of Dean. Dean pushed him off and rolled on top of the man. Dean punched the man. He raised the scissors overhead to plunge them down into the man's chest.

"Whoa!" the man cried. "Stop, stop! Whoa stop! Whoa! Where am I? What's going on?!"

Dean lowered the scissors, exhausted. Juliette moved closer to Dean and glanced back at the little girl.

INT. CALLIE'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Dr. Garrison wept and stroked his daughter's hair. He turned, but her spirit was gone.

INT. HOSPITAL NURSE'S STATION - DAY

Sam and Dean stood with Dr. Garrison in front of the nurse's station. Juliette was next to Dean in her wheelchair.

"And the girl's okay?" Dr. Garrison asked. Dean and Juliette nodded and Dr. Garrison sighed. "So. It's really over."

"Yeah," Sam replied. "All thanks to you."

"Callie was the most important thing in my life. But I should've let her go a long time ago."

"See ya 'round, Doc," Dean said.

Dr. Garrison sighed shakily. "I sure hope not." He patted Dean on the shoulder and placed a hand on Juliette's momentarily and walked away. Sam, Juliette and Dean watched him go. Deanna ran up to her family.

"You know what he said? Some good advice," Dean commented.

"Is that what you want me, Deanna and Juliette to do Dean?" Sam asked. "Just let you go?"

Dean didn't answer, but raised his eyes and looked at Sam, Deanna and Juliette for a long moment, then turned to leave. Sam, Deanna and Juliette watched him walk down the corridor alone.

Juliette wheeled after Dean and took his hand. Dean offered her a sad smile, squeezing her hand gently to comfort himself. Deanna ran up to her parents and her father picked her up, smiling as she cuddled into him.

EXT. MOTEL - NIGHT

There was a clear sky and a full moon.

INT. MOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

Dean turned over in his sleep. Juliette cuddled closer to Dean. Deanna was sleeping between them. Sam's bed was messy and empty. Sam picked up a backpack from the bed. He headed for the door, looked back at Dean, Juliette and Deanna briefly before he silently departed.

EXT. CROSSROADS - NIGHT

Sam crouched at the center of a crossroads holding open box. Exhaling, he added a photo ID to the contents, closed the box, and buried it with his hands.

Sam dusted off his hands and stood, surveying the four routes of the crossroads. As he turned his back, a woman in a black dress, with red eyes, appeared.

"Well," the crossroads demon said. "Little Sammy Winchester. I'm touched. I mean... your brother's been to see me twice, but you? I never had the pleasure." Sam glared at her. "What can I do for you, Sam?"

Sam drew the Colt and pointed it at the crossroads demon and smiled tightly before saying, "You can beg for your life."

"We were having such a nice conversation. Then you had to go and ruin the mood."

"If I were you, I'd drop the wisecracks and start acting scared."

The crossroads demon was still smiling. "It's not my style." She paused. "That's not the original Colt. Where did you get that?" Sam didn't answer. "Ruby. Had to be. She is such a pain in my ass. She'll get what's coming to her..." she paused again, "you can count on it."

"That's enough. I came here to make you an offer."

The crossroads demon's tone turned incredulous. "You're gonna make ME an offer? That's adorable."

"You can let Dean out of his deal right now. He lives, I live, Juliette lives, Deanna lives. You live. Everyone goes home happy. Or..." He cocked the Colt. "You stop breathing. Permanently."

"Oh." She laughed. "All this tough talk. I have to tell you, it's not very convincing. I mean, come on Sam. Do you even want to break the deal?"

"What do you think?"

"I don't know. Aren't you tired of cleaning up Dean's messes? Of dealing with that broken psyche of his? Aren't you tired of being bossed around like a snot-nosed little brother? You're stronger than Dean. You're better than him."

"Watch your mouth."

"Admit it. You're here, going through the motions. But truth is... you'll be a tiny bit relieved when he's gone."

"Shut up."

"No more desperate, sloppy, needy Dean. You can finally... be free. Sweet Juliette and Deanna can be free."

"I said shut up!"

"Huh. Doth protest too much if you ask me."

"All right, I've had enough of your crap. You let Dean out of his deal right now."

"Sorry sweetheart, but your brother's an adult. He made that deal of his own free will, fair and square. It's iron clad."

"Every deal can be broken."

"Not this one."

"Fine. Then I'll kill you. If you're gone, so's the deal."

The crossroads demon laughed. "Guess again."

"What?"

"Sam, I'm just a saleswoman. I got a boss like everybody. He holds the contract, not me. He wants Dean's soul, bad. And believe me. He's not going to let it go."

"You're bluffing."

"Am I? Shoot me, if it'll get you off. But the deal still holds, and when Dean's time is up, he's getting dragged into the pit."

"Then who's your boss? Who holds the contract?"

"He's not as cuddly as me, I can tell you that."

"Who is it?"

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry Sam. But there's no way outta this one. Not this time."

Sam looked upset and worried. He sighed and shot the crossroads demon right between the eyes. She went down with a groan. Sam watched, jaw tightening with anxiety.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ashes By TheQuietHufflepuff

Mystery / Thriller

874 22 12
Samantha, Sam, Winchester never knew her mother. From the time she could walk, she never had a proper home. The day she, as her father put it, runs...
84.1K 1.7K 187
She should have died. But instead, a green-eyed man saved her. Alana Thomas and Dean Winchester begin hunting together. He's her sight and she's his...
177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
4.8K 105 39
Dean and Carrie unknowingly fell in love as children. Years later, the two meet up again and sparks fly. A whirlwind romance leads quickly to golden...