Steal My Girl

notjustarandomgirl

Emma can't wait to get to college and leave all of her bitter high school memories behind. Especially the one... Еще

CHAPTER 1 - READY TO RUN
CHAPTER 2 - BACK FOR YOU
CHAPTER 3 - ONE THING
CHAPTER 3.5 - ONE THING
CHAPTER 4 - GOTTA BE YOU
CHAPTER 4.5 - GOTTA BE YOU
CHAPTER 5 - STOLE MY HEART
CHAPTER 5.5 - STOLE MY HEART
CHAPTER 6.5 - WOLVES
CHAPTER 7 - GIRL ALMIGHTY
CHAPTER 7.5 - GIRL ALMIGHTY

CHAPTER 6 - WOLVES

364 24 11
notjustarandomgirl

"We are gonna be starting up trouble. I know, I know, I know. Just getting my demons out, wouldn't ever doubt. Your beauty could start a war."

CHAPTER 6 - WOLVES

Here are a few highlights from my first week at college.

I made a good friend named Bonnie, who is very cool and someone I get along with. Even though she made my world with Thompson smaller, I am still glad to have a roommate and friend like her.

I got the chance to know probably one of the talented bands that I have ever heard of. Bad Decision. Bonnie introduced me to their music and I was so thrilled to be exposed to it. I'd been saying over and over that they were awesome, and I was sure that they will make it big soon.

That's a fact.

And despite that heartless demon being there, there's no denying the fact that they were skilled and talented. I may dislike the guy, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Their songs were heartfelt and you could easily dance to them as well. And as much as it pains me to admit it, since I saw his scribbles--the song lyrics, it's undeniable that Tommo had something to do with their band's success.

I had to give him props for that.

This another discovery made me see him in another light. He was a genius, both academically and artistically.

How can such a cold-hearted and cruel person write such touching songs like that?

My mind wondered about the time I saw him in the library.

I was hoping to find solace in books, but instead, I found him.

And another memory of us has been unlocked yet again. I hate that no matter how much I tried to escape from him, he kept appearing in my life in one way or another.

Could it be because we had unfinished business between us? Maybe there was something he wanted to tell me that he never got the chance to? I think that's why fate was determined to keep us connected, to finish what we started.

But we're already finished.

He made me fall for him. He succeeded. Turns out it was all a game. I got mad. Stop talking to him, and he did the same too. We then ignored each other until he graduated.

It's finished.

I wasn't sure why, but I couldn't stop thinking about our first encounter. How he acted as if nothing had happened. We're back to bickering as if nothing has changed.

I wanted to confront him, I had planned it and formulated the words in my mind. But every time I was about to do so, my courage failed me. I felt like I was back in high school, and I was stuck in that same place.

I think this is not a problem of courage, but problem with pride. I wanted him to see that what he did didn't affect me, that it didn't destroy me. I wanted him to realize how strong I was despite the horrible things he did.

What if he's changed and regrets his past actions?

I laughed internally at the thought of Tommo regretting something. That guy has pride and ego bigger than Jupiter! He was always so confident and self-assured that I couldn't imagine him ever regretting anything.

He was always so stubborn and unyielding that I couldn't imagine him admitting to being wrong.

"I always think before I act, Emma. So I never make decisions on impulse or under pressure. I don't like changing my mind once I've decided on something." He stared at me intently with those blue eyes as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

I shook my head trying to get rid of that memory.

Of all the memories I should recall, why do I have to remember this?

His major lies.

Honestly, I should stop thinking about all this. None of those memories were real and worth remembering. How many times do I have to remind myself of that?

Stop holding on to it.

He is bad news. He is trouble. Don't fall for it. Don't recall it.

Now I'm back to my mantra.

Great! I just completely unleashed that high school girl again.

I walked into class with a gloomy face.

It's only Monday and I'm already feeling like this.

All because of that human being in an evil form.

Damn it. Falling in love is nothing but trouble.

Once is enough, twice would be suicide.

Maybe if you love the same person, but what if it's someone else? It's scary to think about what could happen if I fall in love with someone new. I might end up with the same fate as before.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was even worth the risk. Well, it's not even on my priority list. Right now, my education is the most important thing.

"Emma?"

I snapped out of my musing and looked up to see a familiar face standing in front of me.

"Zane?"

"Wow!" Zane's eyes lit up. "You're really here. Man, that guy could really predict the future! I didn't believe it." He shook his head in amazement. "He was right, as always."

"He? Who is he?" was all I could think of.

"Nothing. Don't mind what I said." He said yet with another laugh. "Hey, did Lo-"

"Zane, mah man!"

Zane was interrupted mid-sentence by a loud voice coming from behind him. I looked up to see who it was and saw Jimmi.

He raised his hand up as if he were asking for a five from Zane.

Zane looked at him in disbelief and ignored his request. But Jimmi insists, he didn't take no for an answer. He kept his arm extended, looking at Zane with a wide grin and an expectant face.

Zane shook his head, as if he were embarrassed for Jimmi.

"What?" Jimmi's smile grew wider and his hand rested on Zane's shoulder. "Why so gloomy, mate? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"I'm trying to have a conversation here, you know." Zane pointed his head in my direction.

Jimmi's hand dropped, and he grinned as he faced me. "Hey, Emma! Harry said hi."

What? I furrowed my brows at him, unsure of what to say.

"Harry?" Zane asked for me instead.

Jimmi nodded. He must have sensed our confusion, because he put a hand on Zane's shoulder and said, "It's alright. I'll explain everything." He then faced me. "So Emma, this is Zane. He was absent last week so--"

"I know her. We attended the same high school before." Zane replied casually.

Jimmi looked taken aback. His face was full of excitement and his eyes sparkled with delight. "Zane! You have to tell me everything about her. This is for Harry!"

"For Harry?" Zane asked in confusion, as if he didn't expect Jimmi to bring up Harry's name.

Jimmi just nodded enthusiastically.

What the hell's going on?

Jimmi faced me and grinned. I was starting to feel creeped out by his grin. Is he trying to get something out of this?

"Are you single? My mate Harry is! You know he is an amazing singer. He-"

"What?" I shrieked, cutting him off.

"Woah!" Zane said simultaneously with my question. He looked at me first before turning to Jimmi. His eyebrows creased in confusion. "Hey, what are you talking about?"

Jimmi chuckled first before responding. "Oh Zane. You're as clueless as-"

"Nope, I'm not."

"-ever. I'll tell you something interesting that happened last Friday at our gig. During the last song, I saw Harry looking at something, or should I say someone. My curiosity got the better of me and I followed his line of sight. There I realized that he couldn't take his eyes off a girl in the audience." He then gestured at me and said, "I was so sure he was staring at Emma's--"

"She's at the concert?" Zane interrupted, and looked at me. But Jimmi just continued his story telling.

"-direction. Something's fishy, huh? After the concert, I questioned him why he was looking at Emma. Then he started asking me if I knew her, so I told him we were in the same class. Then his face lit up, Harry's face lit up! I mean, it could have meant something, right? So, as Harry's best friend-"

"You're not Harry's best friend."

"-I figured I'd do something. Even though Harry didn't say anything about liking her, I still feel there's chemistry between them. And--"

"Seriously, Jimmi. Don't just decide for yourself. I think you're poking your nose into other people's business and that's not nice."

"-I think she is cool so what's the harm in trying to-"

"Okay, stop this." It took me awhile to find my voice, and the timing, to interrupt them. Well, mostly to interrupt Jimmi.

He sure talks too fast and too much. I didn't catch a lot of what he said and Zane was trying to make a point, but it was pointless with Jimmi's nonstop talk.

" First, please stop talking like I'm not here. It's like I'm invisible - or worse, like a statue in a museum that you gaze at and talk about. And second, I speak English, so I understand what you're getting at. Thank you very much." I told them in a firm tone.

The statement I made seems to have taken them both by surprise. There was a pause for a second, then Jimmi reacted.

"Woah! We got a sassy girl here." A wide grin spread across his face.

"She learned from the best." Zane pointed out with amusement in his tone.

I rolled my eyes at their response. I gathered my stuff and said, "I don't have time for this." So I got up and transferred seats.

This isn't what I want to listen to on Monday morning. Both of them are talking nonsense, and I'm done with nonsense for today.

I had enough last week already.

I found a seat two rows away from them and did my best to focus on the upcoming lecture.

I could still hear them talking, but it's barely audible now.

I tried to concentrate on the book I just opened, but my mind kept wandering back to Zane's words when I walked out on them

"Lou's in trouble."

Those were his words.

I wasn't sure if it's a you, loo, or Lou as in Louis Thompson?

And if he meant him, then what's that supposed to mean?

-END OF CHAPTER 6-

A/N: Yeah, I know. We all hate oblivious girls, right? Hahaha!

This chapter is quite different from the original. The song is very fitting! Have you heard of it? When I first started writing Steal My Girl, made in the AM album wasn't out yet, I think? So I'm so thrilled when I heard this and thought of this chapter right away.

Emma's beauty could start a war, that's true! Want to read more? This story is on Patreon with 4 chapters advance! Patreon: notjustarandomgirl

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

2.1K 86 20
I looked at Harry. He was staring at the cut with several emotions which I couldn't decipher since they were fleeting, until he glanced at me and my...
Painting Annalise orangeanimalswrite

Любовные романы

12K 2.9K 41
(Complete) A high school student struggling with grief, drugs, depression, and love as she comes of age in this rollercoaster yet hopeful story. ****...
Teen friendships Elvsi

Подростковая литература

171 24 32
Note: This is my first original Wattpad creation. I know that there might be mistakes in some part but they are direct to understand. For the first f...
362 66 32
It's a sequel of my previous ebook, THE REVENGE FROM THE HEARTTHROB. Readers: Don't sequels sucks?? Me: It do!! But sometimes it doesn't we always w...