RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 10

205 7 0
By ZANE_555

(Weiss)

In front of her large yurt, Raven is in the middle of tending a turkey over a campfire. The turkey that is suspended from an impromptu spit with a long stick used to cook the turkey over the fire. That long stick so happens to be Weiss's rapier. Raven is humming a little tune to herself before stopping upon seeing Weiss marching over to her with her face infuriated with Y/N walking beside her and attempting to calm her down.

Y/N #2: "Weiss, calm down. Your weapon is fine. You got to be glad about that, right?" ("What the hell happened to playing nice and keeping the peace?")

His words are ignored as Vernal is following them from behind with a touch of surprise on the bandit girl's face over Weiss's sudden outburst. Weiss then points an accusatory finger at Raven and start shouting.

Weiss: "How dare you tarnish a family heirloom!"

Raven pauses while turning the spit to look over to Weiss, unflinching at the face of Weiss's shouting. In response, she just scoffs, even laugh at her remark.

Raven: "What? This toothpick is a family heirloom?"

Y/N #2: "It's called a rapier."

Raven: "Whatever."

Unmoved by Raven's dismissiveness, Weiss continues her tirade, standing proudly. 

Weiss: "My weapon has been in the Schnee's family line since my great grandfather and has proudly serve my lineage to defend the people of Atlas since-"

She's cut off by Raven's voice, flapping her hand to mock Weiss's talking.

Raven: "Blah, blah, blah..."

Raven then continues as she stands up from her spot, holding Weiss's rapier, which still has the turkey attached to its blade. 

Raven: "Talk is cheap. And from my perspective, this sword is mine to do as I please."

Weiss points at her once again, snaping back at her.

Weiss: "You have no connection to it!"

The woman just stares at her and Y/N before her for a moment, giving a small smirk. 

Raven: "What would have happen to it should you have died in that little airship crash? Like the ship's pilot did."

This makes Weiss recoil a little and goes silent as Y/N steps in, glaring at Raven.

Y/N #2: "What are you getting at?"

Still smirking, Raven continues, focusing her gaze on the former heiress.

Raven: "You already know what would have happened. This sword that serves some many generations, a lineage of history, would have been found it just like in here."

Y/N #2: "Huh?"

Raven: "It's value completely lost to the tribe and use a spit for the rest of its pitiful existence. Sure, maybe it can be used to kill a rogue Grimm or two but, nothing substantial."

Y/N #2: "It's a fucking weapon! What else can it be used for?"

Raven just shrugs off his words. 

Raven: "Best case scenario, it becomes a cooking implement like right here. Worst case though, it gets discarded and forgotten. And you, princess, would just be another corpse on the pile, powerless to do anything about it."

At this point, Weiss is shaking and after a moment of pause, she quietly seethes, trying to compose herself in a similar fashion to Y/N.

Weiss: "Give. It. Back."

With a smug expression, Raven steps forward.

Raven: "What's that? Can you speak up?"

Weiss: "I said... give it back."

Raven tilt her head to the side, still wearing that smug look on her face.

Raven: "Make me."

Weiss begins to shutter before bowing her head, much to Y/N's brief surprise as she mutters.

Weiss: "Please..."

This makes Raven burst out laughing as Y/N can see Weiss clenching her fists, shaking her arms a bit. Y/N was going to retort to Raven only to spot something, his weapons. 

Y/N #2: ("Found them.")

Behind the laughing Raven, Y/N can see his gauntlets, Crimson and Violet (in their blade form) placed on top of a nearby table with a bunch of boxes filled with other weapons and equipment as bandits are either looking through the boxes or putting them away somewhere. Meanwhile, his sword, Grimm Slayer, is on the ground near the table as one of the bandits just casually walk over it. Now knowing where his weapons are at, Y/N turns his attention to the still laughing Raven as she points at the bowing Weiss.

Raven: "Oh, how the mighty princess of Atlas has fallen, to be asking a petty bandit for her weapon back."

Clenching his fists, Y/N steps forward as he points at Weiss.

Y/N #2: "Are you going to give it to her or not?"

Glaring at him, Raven responds back.

Raven: "No... I'm not giving the princess her precious toothpick."

Before Y/N can speak, Weiss cuts him off, still bowing her head as she addresses to Raven.

Weiss: "I'm not a princess. I'm an heiress. And I wasn't asking, I was being polite."

This makes Raven a bit confused at what she's talking about, looking between Y/N and Weiss. Before the woman can say anything, she realizes something is behind her. From behind Raven comes the blade of Weiss's summoned Arma Gigas' arm, lining up the blade to her throat. Raven looks at them with surprise as with a blink, Y/N's eyes turn crimson eyes. 

Raven: "What the...?"

She doesn't have time to react as Y/N lift his hands up as a red glyph appear beneath him as smaller glyphs appear underneath his weapons before sending them flying towards Y/N. Grimm Slayer, and Crimson and Violet land right in front of him as Y/N manage to catch his gauntlets, putting them on just as swiftly as he grabs Grimm Slayer and then Crimson and Violet and transforming them into their pistols form, aiming them at Raven. As this happen and seeing the arm of Arma Gigas cause Vernal to reach for her knife and the surrounding tribe members moving towards their weapons and surround them. As for Raven, she just laughs, much to everyone's surprise and confusion.

Raven: "Here."

As she said this, Raven flips the hilt in her head and holds it for Weiss to take her rapier by the hilt, which she does. Once her weapon is safe in hand, Weiss dismisses her summon as she glances over to Y/N, still glaring at Raven and still aiming his pistols at her. Realizing the situation they're in, Weiss place a hand on his shoulder.

Weiss: "Y/N... put your weapons down."

In response, Y/N turn his head, giving her a mixture of surprise and confusion.

Y/N #2: "Are you kidding me? We got our weapons back."

Weiss: "We do, but I don't think the two of us can take down this many bandits."

She motions to the bandits surrounding them, their weapons drawn and Vernal, who has her knife out, ready to take on Y/N from behind. Y/N glare at Raven for a moment before taking a deep breath.

Y/N #2: "Fine."

As he sheathes back his pistols, Y/N and Weiss see the rest of the bandits putting their weapons away as Y/N calls out to them.

Y/N #2: "Consider this as a ceasefire! You leave us alone, we leave you alone!"

Weiss: "Thanks, Y/N."

After that, they are greeted with Raven, slowly clapping her hands, applauding them.

Raven: "Bravo, you two. It seems you do have some backbone."

As she steps closer, Weiss and Y/N step back a bit as Raven proceeds to speak, addressing to Weiss. 

Raven: "If you ever try to threaten me again, I'll make you eat every word you ever said at the tip of your own blade..."

She then turns her attention to Y/N, who returns her glare with his own.

Raven: "That goes for both of you."

Y/N #2: "You heard what I said. A ceasefire. You stick to your own business, and we'll stick to our business. If we do that, then none of us will have to tolerate each other's presence and wait until you move camp, right?"

Raven: "Hm... we'll see about that. And if I see either of you do something suspicious, then, I'll have your heads on the tip of your blades."

A flash of fear cross Weiss's face before composing herself and speaks up.

Weiss: "Make us."

Putting on a strong face, Weiss lifts the turkey on her weapon to her lips as upon seeing this, Y/N tries to stop her.

Y/N #2: "Wait, Weiss, that's-"

Before he could finish speaking and stop her, Weiss took a decent-sized bite out of the turkey. A second later, she spits it back out, realizing that it was too hot to eat.

Weiss: "Ahh... hot, hot...!"

This makes Raven laugh and soon the surrounding tribe members join in on the laughter, including Vernal. Y/N just facepalm while shaking his head at her.

Y/N #2: "I tried to warn you." ("At least, we got our weapons back. So that's good.")

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(Blake)

Back at the Menagerie sushi bar, Y/N and the Belladonnas are laughing at Sun, scraping his tongue and flapping his hand on it.

Sun: "Hot, hot, hot!"

Y/N goes to hand him a glass of water, which he gladly takes, chugging it down.

Blake: "I told you eating those Menagerie fire snappers was a bad idea."

Ghira: "Well, at least he's trying new."

Kali: "You're lucky that you don't seem allergic to it."

After another big sip from his glass, Sun coughs in surprise.

Sun: "Wait, there's an allergy that can from this."

Y/N #2: "You know food allergies exist right?"

After that, the waiter comes back around and stand in front of their table.

Waiter #5: "Will there be anything else?"

Kali: "No, thank you."

Ghira: "Can I have a check please?"

Waiter #5: "Certainly."

After a few moments of waiting and talking, the waiter gives Ghira the check. With the waiter walking away, Ghira stands up from his spot, holding the check in his hand.

Ghira: "We'll be leaving in a couple of minutes. I just want to make sure we paid."

Upon saying this to them, Ghira walk off, heading to the register.

Y/N #3: "Well, I guess we start preparing to leave."

He, Sun, and Blake begin to get off from their seats with Kali being the only one remain seated. During this, Blake overhears a person's drunken voice, grunting and groaning. 

Drunk Patron: "This sucks!"

She turns her head to see a disheveled-looking hare Faunus, sitting on a wooden stool across from their table. The hare Faunus then slam his glass cup on the counter as he mutters to himself.

Drunk Patron: "Damn new restriction. Already coming down at work since that damn cat lady took over the captain's seat on the guards."

His remark begins to frustrate Blake as Y/N, Sun, and Kali turn their attention to the drunk's ranting, seeing Blake standing a couple meters away from him. 

Drunk Patron: "That stupid husband of hers is playing politics with our lives and slowing down the trade coming out of the port."

Utterly frustrated by the commentary and the few snide remarks, Blake goes to confront the intoxicated hare Faunus.

Sun: "Blake, don't."

Y/N #3: "The guy's drunk. Leave him be."

Kali: "Sweetie, please come back."

Their pleads are ignored as Blake stomps over to the drunk Faunus, much to his surprise.

Drunk Patron: "What the? Who the hell-?"

Blake: "Kali Belladonna is perfectly suited to the captain position."

The hare Faunus just look at her, not realizing who she is, but becomes irritated from her remark as he turns around to fully face her.

Drunk Patron: "Like hell she is! She's killing the shipping industry at the worst possible time by having every ship in Menagerie searched. That stupid Ghira Belladonna is nothing, but a lapdog politician and Kali Belladonna is his little bitc-"

Before he could say that last part, the enraged Blake lunges at him only for Sun and Y/N manage to pull her back, mostly Y/N as he does a full nelson to keep her in place. 

Blake: "Let go of me!"

Y/N #3: "That's enough, Blake. Hitting this guy will solve nothing."

During this, Kali remains seated, quietly trying to ignore or otherwise stay out of the argument. 

Sun: "Yeah. Even if he's being a complete ass about things."

Those remarks piss the intoxicated hare Faunus off as he cuts in.

Drunk Patron: "Hey! That's bullshit that I'm the ass when it's our livelihood being snuffed out!" 

Blake, still being hold back by Y/N and Sun, shoots back at the drunk.

Blake: "There are actual lives being snuffed out by the White Fang!"

Finally, Kali slams her hands down on the table as she turns to them, drawing their attention.

Kali: "Okay, both sides need to step away."

As she said this, she gets off from her spot and walk over to them with Blake, Y/N, and Sun stepping back a bit as Kali resumes. 

Kali: "I recognize that the situation is currently bad for 'everyone' but, we're working very hard to solve as fast as possible and fighting like this will not help 'anyone'."

This is when Ghira arrives to collect his family only to stumble upon his family standing before a random customer with Y/N and Sun holding Blake back. Confused by this, Ghira turns to his wife.

Ghira: "Uhm, Kali... what's going on here?"

Letting out a sigh, Kali turns to Ghira. 

Kali: "Nothing is going on... 

Before she continues further, Kali grabs Blake by the arm and drag her towards the front door.

Kali: "And I think it's about time we go home." 

Watching them go, Ghira looks to Y/N, Sun, and the drunk patron. Sun just shrugs, Y/N glances over to the intoxicated Faunus, who just glares at Ghira. Ghira harden his stare at the patron before Sun tugs him towards the front door.

Sun: "Let's get going. You done paying for the meals?"

Ghira: "I have."

Y/N was about to follow them before the drunk patron calls out to him. 

Drunk Patron: "Stupid human... this is all your fault."

Turning around, Y/N see the tipsy Faunus now standing up from his seat and glaring at him. Y/N merely stare at him as the patron clenches his fists.

Drunk Patron: "If it weren't for your kind making our lives miserable, this would never have happened."

The hare Faunus ready himself to lunge over and punch Y/N in the face only for Y/N to just side-step away from his punch, which cause the intoxicated Faunus to fall to the floor. Y/N stare at the fallen Faunus with a mixture of pity and annoyance, realizing that he's completely unconscious. With a short sigh, Y/N then walks over to the front door, not wanting to stay in the sushi bar as he ponders to himself, following after the others on a stormy night.

Y/N #3: ("Don't blame me for your circumstances.")

__________________________________________________________________________________________

(Weiss, Nighttime)

Weiss had just left the tent flap of Vernal's yurt to be greeted by the clear moonlit sky. Night at the bandit camp is quiet and peaceful with the air clean and the stars clearly visibly above, framing the shattered moon.

There's a quiet chanting in the distance that Weiss soon follows, approaching the lake shore where the entirety of the tribe has gathered around. Most of them seem to be praying out towards the center of the lake where, now visible, are a series of small islands upon which rests the ruins which Raven mentioned. 

Y/N #2: "Those ruins look similar to the ones in the Emerald Forest."

Weiss turns around to see Y/N, walking over to her. 

Weiss: "Y/N. What brings you here?"

Y/N #2: "Just taking an evening stroll around the place."

Weiss: "Didn't like your new tent?"

Y/N #2: "It's better than nothing. Is either that or sleeping with no tent at all. I was lucky that Shiloh guy even gave me one, even if it's a bit worn down."

He then turns to gaze upon the center of the lake in some level of amazement.

Y/N #2: "Still, this is quite the view."

Weiss: "Sure is."

The two begin casually look upon the beautiful sight of the lake as Y/N glances over to Weiss, with a smirk on his face.

Y/N #2: "You know... if we weren't in this situation right now, this would be quite the place for a date, don't you think?"

Immediately, Wiess turns to Y/N, blushing for a moment before smiling, tilting her head on his shoulder.

Wiess: "Could be. Though, yeah, our situation doesn't exactly help."

The two just quietly laugh together as they focus their gazes on the view. After a few moments of staring at the glamourous lake, something caught Y/N's attention. 

Y/N #2: "Isn't that...?"

Weiss: "Hm?"

They then find Raven, leaning against her own yurt and seemed disinterested in the prayers of her people. Beside her is Vernal, who is idly chipping away at a small block of wood with her knife. Raven shakes her head and enter her yurt. 

Y/N #2: ("So much for caring for your people and their prayers.")

Realizing that her mother left, Vernal moves to follow her, packing her witling kit only to pause, turn towards the ruins, cup her hands together, and bow her head for a few seconds. Weiss and Y/N watches this moment of quiet appreciation as Vernal picks up her head from bowing as she sees Weiss and Y/N staring at her. Embarrassed, Vernal rushes back inside Raven's yurt. Weiss just gives a smile, while Y/N gives a deadpan expression before letting out a brief sigh. Weiss then begin hold Y/N's hands, tilting her head back to his shoulder.

Y/N #2: "Weiss?"

With a little blush on her face, Weiss speaks up.

Weiss: "Thanks... for sticking up for me."

Smiling at this, Y/N goes to wrap his arm around Weiss, pulling her close to him much to Weiss's short surprise.

Y/N #2: "No problem. Still, I was half expected you to be outrage by Raven using your weapon like that. Though, you told me to play nice and keep the peace."

Weiss: "I know, I know. I just... let my pride and emotions get the better of me."

Y/N #2: "Well, I'm just glad we got our weapons back. Also, be sure to wait for cooked turkey to cool down before biting it, okay?"

Weiss: "I know, I'll be careful... you dunce."

Rolling his eyes, Y/N just smiles, still holding Weiss close to him.

Y/N: "Love you too."

Weiss: ("Really wish we could stay like this... just a little longer.")

They turn to gaze at the lake as fireflies begin to light up around the series of small islands, illuminating and posing cherry blossoms trees at the center of it all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 460 35
Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing Series) Disclaimer: I don't own RWB...
49.1K 584 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...
619 11 11
[A RWBY FanFiction, I do not own RWBY as it is the sole property of RosterTeeth and created by Monty Oum (RIP he was a great mind among us all). I ow...
339K 2.4K 16
This was a story idea that popped in me and my friends heads and if you want to read his, feel free to. So, there will be a bio of what you will wear...