moral of the story

By DeadlySinWriters

My Hero Academia teaches us that anyone can be a hero. But what about the other side? Todoroki Kirai and Chun... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Thirteen

1 0 0
By DeadlySinWriters

Kirai barely had enough time to deactivate her quirk and catch Chunami before arms wrapped around her and she was suddenly transported to the edge of the square, Tsu, Midoriya, and a broken Aizawa with her.

She clutched onto her friend, her blazer haphazardly wrapped around the girl's chest to cover up the see-through material.

Blinking rapidly, she barely registered All Might's words to head back to the entrance as she trembled, staring at her friend's blank, open eyes, a strange spinner symbol spinning around her pupil.

The symbol almost looked like what happens when you reload a computer, but Kirai had no idea what to do about that. Was it related to Chunami's quirk? Was she supposed to close Chunami's eyes? Or was it dangerous to do that since, if the spinner really is related to a computer or technological-like quirk, and shutting off a reloading device is not a good idea, could it hurt Chunami?

Kirai's thoughts were spinning as much as the symbol in her friend's eyes were, and she barely managed to grimace before All Might launched himself towards the creature - the nomu - with a fury she had only seen in her father.

She stared in shock as the Number One Hero went toe to toe with that monster, their punches causing literal shockwaves to reverberate from their fight.

Tsu and Midoriya carried Aizawa between them, the three students stumbling as they tried their hardest to get back to the entrance so that All Might could truly go full-out without worrying about potentially harming them.

Suddenly, a yelp from Midoriya had Kirai twisting around to see the nomu sinking its claws into All Might's side.

Her eyes went wide at the sight.

"Uncle Toshi?"

"Yes, Young Todoroki?"

"Why do you look so big and strong on TV, but when you're with us, you're so small?"

"Ha! Well, you see, I got hurt a while ago. My left side is kinda hurt now, so I look like this whenever it hurts so I can take care of it."

"Oh... Does that mean your left side is weak? What happens if a villain hurts it? Would it be bad?"

"Well, I never let a villain close enough to find out."

More than a decade of memories of All Might smiling kindly at a younger version of her had her heart burning in her chest.

Growing up the way she did may have made her resentful of the Number One Hero, but she would rather let her ice burn her from the inside out before allowing an abomination like that creature hurt her uncle.

Mentally apologizing to her friend for how cold she was about to get, Kirai slammed her foot against the ground, spikes of ice instantly tearing through the ground as they rushed toward the two hulking fighters, slicing off the arm hurting All Might and stabbing the nomu straight through the stomach.

All Might instantly jumped back, ripping the creature's claws out of him and throwing the arm away, grimacing as he glanced back at Kirai, whose skin was beginning to frost over.

She managed a grin in his direction, her black eyes blazing even as they started to fracture like ice crystals.

There was a blur of green before Midoriya was suddenly in front of All Might, shaking like a leaf but staring at the monster determinedly while it stayed still.

There was a long moment of silence as they all waited for the creature to collapse or maybe die from its exposure to Kirai's poisoned ice and the loss of its arm...

...that was beginning to regrow.

Kirai nearly threw up at the sight of the nomu's muscles quite literally leaping out of its shoulders socket, a new arm growing itself in a matter of seconds.

But that's... that's not possible.

The creature is already clearly super strong. It also must have super speed as well, to keep up with All Might's attacks- not to mention some kind of shock absorption to withstand all of his punches. But regeneration too?

It's almost like it has multiple-

"All Might!"

The blond hero glanced behind him to see Kirai's wide eyes staring straight at him.

"The villain said that thing was bioengineered specifically to defeat you! It might have more than one quirk so that it can accomplish its mission, even at your best!"

His eyes widened. "But that's impossible!"

"It would be for an ordinary person, but that thing is barely even human."

All Might turned to stare back at the creature, who screeched its wild call into the dome before shooting forward in a blur.

Midoriya held his ground, his face half-determined and half-terrified as he seemed to be readying and throwing a punch...

...that had no effect on the monster at all.

His eyes went wide, and the creature had nearly taken his head off with a swipe before an explosion was shot straight at the nomu's face, giving All Might enough time to snatch Midoriya and bolt to the other side of the square.

Bakugo was cackling maniacally as he shot off explosion after explosion in the nomu's face, ice coating the ground and freezing it in place as Kirai's brother entered the fight as well.

Seeing her classmates there, helping All Might and Midoriya had her breathing a sigh of relief.

She glanced at Tsu, who was also watching them fight. "We need to get Chunami and Aizawa to safety."

The frog-girl nodded seriously, the two of them doing their best to make it up the stairs quickly as more explosions and hisses of ice sounded below.

Suddenly, there was a cacophony of thuds before the shattering of glass, and when the girls turned around to see what had happened, they saw the nomu disappearing into the sky where All Might had launched it.

Relief nearly made Kirai crumble, but she shook her head and forced herself to continue up the stairs with Chunami in her arms, who seemed to have unconsciously gotten closer to her.

But I'm so cold... maybe that's what she needs? If I'm right about her quirk and her body is reacting like a computer right now, does that mean that she needs to be cooled down to "reload" better?

Kirai had no idea, but it seemed to be working, so she gritted her teeth and cooled her body down as much as physically possible before her quirk would activate, her entire body shivering as her organs burned harshly and her blood slowed down.

"Todoroki, your face-"

"I know. Ignore it. We have to get to the entrance."

Tsu pressed her lips together but nodded, the two of them stumbling their way up the stairs to get help.

Kirai glanced at her teacher, and a feeling of sick worry overcame her.

She hoped they weren't too late.

-

-

-

Kirai was practically on top of Chunami, shivering as she kept her body cooled and felt the cold air from the fan Yaoyorozu made for her blowing straight on them.

Chunami hadn't woken up yet, but the reloading spinner in her eyes seemed to have slowed down, so Kirai hoped that she would soon.

Suddenly, a warm presence at her side had Kirai jumping a bit.

Shouto crouched there, his brow furrowed ever so slightly, watching her carefully. "You overused your quirk again."

Kirai grimaced, barely able to move from how sluggish her body felt even as her insides burned. "Only a little."

He raised a brow. "Your definition of 'a little' is not the one I've seen used."

She scowled. "Well, I had to do something, okay? Besides, Chunami's reloading, sort of like a computer - I think - so keeping her cool will help her recover faster."

Sighing softly, Shouto simply shook his head before going over to Chunami's left side, letting the proximity to his right side help keep her cold.

Kirai didn't say anything, sitting in quiet silence for a long while as her classmates talked to the arriving police.

Suddenly, Chunami groaned.

Both Todorokis' heads snapped toward the girl, staring at her as Chunami's eyes finally closed, blinking to stare at them in bewildered confusion.

"Kirai? What-"

"What's your quirk?"

Chunami stared at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry?"

Kirai cringed. "I'm really sorry, Chunami, but you literally passed out and your eyes wouldn't close and there was a weird like computer-reloading symbol in your eyes that was spinning and I was scared that the villain did something to you but then I realized that it could be your quirk but I don't know your quirk so-"

"Kirai. You're overwhelming her."

The girl paused and glanced down to see Chunami's eyes closed with a grimace, the young TA slowly sitting up as she shook her head as she opened her eyes slightly to stare at the ice-user.

"My quirk... It changed my eyes?"

Kirai nodded.

"And it looked like the symbol a computer has whenever it reloads?"

Kirai nodded again.

"Okay... That's weird."

There was a pause before Kirai huffed. "Really? Is that all you have to say?"

"Well, what else am I supposed to say? 'Sorry I didn't warn you that overusing my quirk makes me pass out and unable to close my eyes while a reloading symbol spins in them?' I didn't know!"

Kirai scowled, straightening a bit. "Well, then you should be concerned! Not nonchalant about something you didn't even know could happen!"

Chunami glared at the girl, opening her mouth to say something when Kirai spotted the mark on her nose again.

Oh, fuck. I forgot about that.

"Have we made out?"

Chunami and Shouto both froze and stared at her.

"What?!"

"Kirai..." Shouto said slowly. "I think you have to elaborate."

She huffed. "Well, apparently I accidentally poisoned you at some point, but the mark is on your nose, and I can't remember ever poking your nose, so the only other explanation is that we made out, but I can't remember doing that either."

Chunami gaped at her, blue eyes wide with shock. "What do you mean you poisoned me?!"

"That mark on your nose. I bet it's been burning, or itching or something. And I bet it's grown, right? Well, I'd noticed that I somehow stained something else, but I couldn't figure out what until I saw the mark on your nose. Somehow, I must have touched you on your nose with my quirk activated to poison you, but not enough for it to show right away. That's why it's been growing- because the poison in your system has been getting stronger."

Chunami looked horrified at the thought and Shouto was giving her one of his deadpanned looks that said You're supposed to be better at reading situations than I am, but you're screwing it up.

"I'm sorry... I've been poisoned by your quirk this entire time and neither of us knew?"

Kirai nodded.

The TA put her head in her hands, slightly insane laughter shaking her shoulders.

Shouto and Kirai exchanged a look.

Did I accidentally break her?

What did I say?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 114 4
Aged up Eri, meaning she's about the same age as class 1-A students. Eri was living a miserable life with Overhaul, but she escaped it. No heroes int...
746K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
278 24 12
Denki X Reader ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ If there is something that could possibly be triggering I'll put a warning. You're the daughter of Aizawa and Pre...
3.4K 76 8
Sakura Todoroki was blessed with the same quirk as her grandmother Teka Todoroki. When Sakura transfers from Shiketsu High school to U.A she has a ro...