Nobody to Somebody

By ReachForTheSkye443

A girl leaving everything behind to start afresh. She has a 4.0 GPA and an IQ score of 257. She lost her pare... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Sequel update

Chapter 20

8 0 0
By ReachForTheSkye443

Milo and I ended up watching the sunset before going to sleep. We were sitting on the porch swing, and I was listening to all Milo had to tell me. I loved hearing each and every part of it.

The sunset was beautiful, I love how the sky's blue hue complements the hue of the sky being orange. I've never seen a more beautiful sunset. When the sun went down, there were lights made by the rest of the city.

I slept peacefully in the room Milo's mom graciously provided me. Milo was so excited that I was sleeping over that he wanted to be in bed with me, so I let him, and we slept.

**************************************
I was woken up by the sun's rays reflecting the window, creating unnecessary light. I rubbed my eyes, noticing that some things were blurry only because I did not have my contacts on.

Milo had already woken up. He was feeling pretty excited about seeing his sister, and I was too. I hope she's feeling better.

"Milo. Could you get my glasses in my bag?" I croaked out with my morning voice. Let me tell you, it is not pretty.

I felt as if he tried to give me the glasses, and I took them. I wore them because I lost my spare contacts. Like I said, it's unreliable. I walked out of bed, and I checked my messages, and I had a lot of messages from Matteo telling me to come back home. Keyword: telling me not to ask me.

I switched off my phone, and I headed off to take a shower. I took a cold shower because it was already hot and it was like 9am. The water was a little warm and I think it's because of the heat. It is so hot.

After that, I came out, and I tied my hair into a puffy ponytail, and I put black pins to hold it up. I applied sunscreen first as Milo instructed me the last time, and then I wore denim blue shorts with some white bleach at the bottom and a white tank top with some white slip-ins.

I applied my fruity perfume and some lip gloss, and I took my purse, and then I was ready to go.

I went downstairs, and Milo's mom was looking beautiful. She was wearing a yellow sundress and some matching shoes. Her was tied into a back bun. She now had cornish skin, but nonetheless, she still is beautiful and a mother that I so wish to be one day.

"Come on, guys. We're going to the hospital and we don't want to be late." She said, giving us each a plate of food.

I quickly ate up, and I went to wash my plate. While doing so, my phone was vibrating, and I thought it was Matteo, but it was not. It was Adrian. Apparently, it could switch on by itself.

A
You're at Miami, and you didn't invite me?

Me
How do you know I'm there???

A
Because...

Me
Adrian

A
Fine. It is because I want to keep you safe for some shitty reason.

Me
Ncaww. A cares about me:)

A
Whatever. I just wanted to tell you that there are a couple of guys who work the heir of the French Mafia who know that you're here. I don't know who the person who keeps telling them where you are.

Me
Good.

It must be someone in the house who is tipping them off. If my suspicion is correct, I might need to do a little more investigation while I'm here.

"Can we ride in your car?" Milo asked while hugging my waist really tight.

Milo's mom gave me an apologetic smile, and I returned it with a thumbs up.

"You guys get inside first because I need to go upstairs to fetch something." I threw the keys in Milo's direction, and he caught them. He looked at them with mischief twinkling in his eyes. His mother took the keys from him, and Milo's eyes lost the mischievous sparkle they had with a really cute pout.

I ran upstairs and I dug through my clothes and I found it. The pistol. I will probably need it today. Remember the three words: accuracy, breath, and stability. After I took a long breath in, I went outside to get in the car with them.

"Mi hija, your car is so nice." Milo's mom said, completely mesmerized.

"I hope you don't mind that Milo called shotgun." She said.

"I don't mind at all." I passed some shades for him to wear.

"Awesome!" He wore the shades, and he looked like the coolest nine year old ever. Yep, he turned nine yesterday. He just told me that me being here is a birthday present enough, but I want to spoil him rotten, starting with seeing Miley first.

We pulled up at the hospital, and it was a children's hospital. When we walked in, the walls had Disney characters on them. It was colorful for the kids to feel safe. It smelled of medicine in here.

Milo's mom walked to a nurse to ask for help and the nurse looked like she was in her early twenties with her chewing of bubble gum, wore an extremely short nurses' uniform and painted on makeup because that was a lot of makeup.

I was following behind Milo's mom. She turned to look at us and expectedly looked at us.

"We are looking for Miley Velazquez." Milo's mom said, and the nurse sighed.

"In the children's room over there." She waved over to the other side. I was about to follow them, but she grabbed my wrist harshly, forcing me to turn back to her, "She can't go with you." She was still making eye contact with her phone.

"Why not?" I asked because I also wanted to see Miley.

"Because. You might just steal the child." She said, and I gave her a cold laugh while I yanked my hand away from her. How preposterous is that? Why in my right mind would I want to steal a child? They are cute and adorable, but that does not mean I would steal them.

I gently grabbed her chin, forcing to look directly at me. "It's a bit disrespectful to not look at someone when you talk to them." I snarled as I snatched her phone away from her. I watched as her face got red with anger.

"And it's also a bit rude to make assumptions, Barbie." I called her Barbie because she had a petite figure, and she looked like she was hit by a makeup truck. So Halloween Barbie it is.

"I'm gonna call security." Her voice trembling and her green eyes having a glimpse of fear in them.

"Call them." I let her go and threw her phone back to her. "Call them and tell them what? Huh. I'm going to steal because of my skin color, is it?" I took a seat, carelessly putting my arms behind my neck to indicate how relaxed I am. I also crossed my legs as a sinister smile fought its way onto my face.

"Go on. We wouldn't want a known criminal in a children's hospital, now would we?" I grasped the attention of others who are now looking at us.

"Mi hija. What's going on? Miley wants to see. She's awake." Milo's mom came out of the passage to see what what was going on.

"Tell her what you said to me." I smirked, and Milo's mom looked at her expectedly.

"Is everyone in this hospital crazy? She might take the child!" She screamed and earned weird looks from the audience who was now invested in this drama.

"You think I'll still the child because..." I waited for to elaborate on that.

"Because. Because. You're Black!" She spat out.

"There we go, ladies and gentlemen. Because I'm black." I flinged my hands dramatically. There were now mutters and some mumbles. She wasn't even subtle. She just said it as it was.

"You. We don't say you're a slut because of the clothing you wear and the makeup you have on your face. Now, would you stop being racist and better yet? Go read a book because what numb skull thinks that?" A woman who's carrying a child said. She was white, and she didn't appreciate what the nurse said.

The constant bickering agreed with her, and she went pink with embarrassment.

"May I? Some of us are on a tight schedule." I said, pointing to the direction Milo's mom who shook her head in disappointment at the girl.

She huffed and walked away before I got the chance to join Milo's mom, and Milo in the room, someone tugged the strings of my shorts.

I looked down at an adorable little girl who had brown skin just like mine. All her hair had gone out because she had recently gone to chemo. Her brown eyes were wide as she stared at me. She looked about 5 years old, and she was wearing a blue dress with Tom and Jerry and some worn-out sneakers.

"Thank you for standing up to that meanie." Her adorable voice said, and I picked her up.

"No problem, cutie. What's your name?" I asked the adorable girl with chubby cheeks.

"Kayla." She said adorably. "Mine is similar. It's Kyla." I said, and she gave me a toothy grin, showing the one dimple she has on her side. Is this my long-lost sister?

"I was also going to see Miley. She's my best friend. I wanted to see if she had her chemo done so we could be chemo twins!" She explained, and I smiled at her optimism.

I put her down, and I took her hand to go into Miley's hospital room.

Miley was sitting up and eating. She no longer had fair skin. She had pale skin. The blush from her cheeks is gone. The curls were waving about in her hair, and her hair was similar to mine. Her brown eyes met mine, and they were shining with delight.

"Kyla!" She called out, and I quickly went to hug her.

"And Kayla!" She giggled as she saw her best friend.

"What happened to your hair?" Miley asked as she felt Kayla's head.

"It'll grow back. My doctor explained that it's because of chemo." She said, and Miley nodded in understanding.

"Mommy. Will I lose my hair if I go to chemo?" Miley asked, but she didn't have the slightest bit of worry in her voice.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if you'll even go to Chemo." Milo's mom slouched in her seat and sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a seat on the opposite side of Milo but beside Miley.

"For her to undergo chemotherapy, I would have to pay a lot of money." She said, and an idea popped into my head, and it just might work.

"Could I maybe pay for her chemo? If you don't mind." I offered quietly, but she violently shook her head.

"No, no, no, mi hija. I'll just be burdening you." She said.

"No. You won't be. I just want Miley to be healthy and happy and we don't have much time. She has to undergo it now." I explained to her, and she was contemplating whether or not she should let me pay.

"Okay, but I have to thank you for a meal." She said, "It's the least I could do." She smiled at me.

"I'm cool with that." I smiled back, and she came around the bed to give me a hug.

A motherly one. The one I so much yearned for. I hugged her back. I noticed by her breathing pattern that she was sobbing, but she tried to compose herself in front of her kids.

"Thank you, Mi hija." She said, and I just learned what that word means. It means my child.

While Milo, Miley, and Kayla were playing. I transferred the money I saved up to pay for her chemo. It's a sacrifice but a sacrifice I'm willing to take for Miley. She will undergo surgery the day after, but I will make sure that I will be there with her when she closes her eyes and when she wakes up.

"Bye Kyla. Greet my Willow Willow, just like a pillow." She giggled, and I chuckled at her antics for calling her a pillow, which is ironic since she is definitely not like a pillow.

"Bye, love. You will get better. I promise." I gave a peck at her cheek, and I chuckled at the glittery mark I gave her.

"Can we go to the beach tomorrow?" Milo asked as we waved goodbye to Kayla, but I didn't see her mom with her.

"Kayla doesn't have parents. She's an orphan." Milo pointed out as if she just read my mind. Once again, am I really that much of an open book.

"Oh." I said before I drove away. I'm going to miss Kayla. She has a bubbly personality.

"Yeah. We'll go to the beach tomorrow." I replied as I drove.

**************************************
A/n
The next chapter will probably have Matteo. I just wanted this to be to Milo-Kyla time. Anyway, don't forget to vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 760K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...
5M 110K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
1.3M 26.9K 45
"Stand up.", he said to me. "What?", I asked confused. "STAND UP.", he ordered slightly aggressive. I quickly got up from the bed and stood in front...
389K 5.1K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...