Sunshine

By RocknRoll7575

After his Transcripts are revealed to be false, Jaune is expelled but is allowed to return for his 2nd year... More

Prologue: Fare thee well, Jaune Arc
Chapter 1: Branwen
Chapter 2: Adapt or Die
Chapter 3: Nevermore
Chapter 4: Death of Innocence
Chapter 5: Birds of a feather
Chapter 6: A Troubled Mind & Heart
Chapter 7: A Joke About God
Chapter 8: Web
Chapter 9: Trespassers
Chapter 10: Spiders on the Farm
Chapter 11: Ashes to Ashes
Chapter 12: Entering the Web
Chapter 13: Too Far Already
Chapter 14: You are my...
Chapter 15: Come Join the Murder
Chapter 16: Argus, sweet Argus!
Chapter 17: Rest your weary head...
Chapter 18: Ghosts in the Snow
Chapter 19: Mountain
Chapter 20: New Member
Chapter 21: Snowfall
Chapter 22: A Deer in Headlights
Chapter 23: Redemption
Chapter 25: Ash Like Snow
Chapter 26: Beowulf, Deer, Old Dragon
Chapter 27: Smile More
Chapter 28: So Close, Yet So Far
Chapter 29: Patched up
Chapter 30: My Home
Chapter 31: Farewell, Myself of the Past
Chapter 32: The Boy Named Sun
Chapter 33: Fear of the Future
Chapter 34: By Heaven's Decree

Chapter 24: Beowulf on Fire

462 15 3
By RocknRoll7575

Reviews:

@CryptidtheHunter: You'll find out in the next Act, promise!

@AntonioRush7: Thank you!

@Pawn22: Oh it will, and trust me, it's not going to be pretty.

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

"We've learned that the man Leading the Fang within Mantle is a man they call "Bane-Saw", and he's Adam's right-hand man and is just as dangerous and as ruthless as the man he works for," Winter said within the meeting room.

Deery's entire body froze when she heard who it was that was leading the Fang here in Mantle and she cursed her luck. She wished it was someone else, she wished it was Trifa because it was her, She may be able to talk to her, but no... it had to be the 3rd most worst person in the entire organization.

No one knew Bane-saw's true identity, his face was always hidden behind the mask, and no one even knew where he came from or how he joined. But there was always one story everyone heard about him.

The story of how he got his name within the organization.

He fought against Huntsmen and killed them, but he didn't stop there. With his Chainsaw, he cleaved their bodies apart and set every limb on the side of a well-known road, where everyone could see. It was said that after all of that, he only said one thing... 

.He was the Bane of Humans.

Since then everyone called him Bane-Saw and while some would laugh at such a name, those who knew the story didn't because it sent shivers down their bodies.

Jaune leaned next to her and whispered to her a question so that the others couldn't hear, "Is he really that bad?" He asked.

Deery nodded, "He's a monster and hates humans just as much as Adam, but unlike Adam, he doesn't give them a quick death... he'll cut off the limbs of people before finally killing them," She whispered back. 

Jaune simply nodded. "If we run into him, you run, he'll be my problem,"

Deery looked at him with wide eyes, She was in utter disbelief that Jaune was willing to fight Bane-Saw, everyone that fought him was dead, no survivors, and while she had never seen Jaune fight, she doubted that he could take on such a monster and Bane-Saw.

What Deery didn't know, was Jaune was just as much of a monster in his own right as Bane-Saw was in his.

"OH~! Are we finally going to hunt!? Are we finally going to taste blood~!?" The Beowulf asked as it sat behind Jaune.

Jaune ignored the beast, but to it, he had just given it an answer.

"Finally! Finally!" It cried "We're going to be tasting blood! WE'LL BE ON THE HUNT ONCE AGAIN!" The Beowulf cried again before disappearing.

Eventually, the meeting concluded and they were all sent back to rest for the night, but Winter had warned them to keep their guard up and their ears open. The Huntresses, Deery, and Jaune went back down to Mantle and headed home to the base. From what Jaune heard about Robyn's end of things, they managed to apprehend a few of the Fang that were planning something in the mines, but a few managed to get away. Jaune was sure that Bane-Saw heard and was on high alert, which was only going to make what he planned on doing a bit harder, but he could handle it.

He'd done it before.

Arriving back at the Happy Huntresses Base, looked at Deery and she looked back and when she saw his look, he knew what he was going to do, and she simply nodded and prepared herself for what might come.

"Hang on, all of you... There's something I've got to tell you," Jaune told the four huntresses.

They all turned to him with confused looks, wondering what he was going to tell them.

"This involves the mission, but the only reason I didn't bring this up at the meeting was because Winter and Penny were there," He told them, "Deery is Ex-Fang, she fled here and is no doubt one of the deserters being hunted," He told them.

Fiona, Joanna, and May were surprised to hear this, and Jaune saw that Robyn was composed, not knowing if the information shocked her as well, but if it did, she didn't show it.

Robyn turns to the newest member of the Huntresses with a calm expression, "Is this true?" She asked Deery.

Deery nodded slowly while looking at the ground.

Robyn pinched the bridge of her nose, "Ugh, things just got a lot more complicated," She said.

"Don't get mad at her," Jaune said quickly, "If you knew her past would you still let her in?" He asked.

"Yes," Robyn replied, "If she joined because she wanted to redeem herself I would have let her, Everyone deserves a second chance, but now if Ironwood or Winter find this out, they will think that we've withheld vital information, we could be arrested," Robyn told Jaune.

Jaune shook his head, "Not gonna happen," He said, "Ironwood and I made a deal, and he needs you right now because, without you, his soldiers would just come down and make things worse, but with you here, the people are willing to talk to you and help you out, he arrest you now, he won't find anything about the Fang,"

Joanna nodded in agreement, "He's right," She said, "Ironwood needs us to make this mission easy, if it was just Schnee and those two cadets, everyone down here would remain quiet,"

Robyn nodded, "Very true, but once this is all over, how do we know he's not just gonna arrest us after?" she asked.

"I don't think he will do that at all," Jaune said, "If word gets out that you helped Atlas take down the Fang here in Mantle, people will see the Huntresses as heroes, but if Ironwood arrests you all, the hate Atlas grows more and because you're arrest, Mantle may riot, and that's the last thing Atlas needs right now," He said.

"True, the last thing Atlas wants right now is more bad publicity," May said, "The Other Kingdoms have heard what's happening here and because Atlas isn't doing anything, they're looking bad, bad enough that the council of Atlas might be forced into a renewal," May said.

Jaune was surprised to hear this. Renewals in the councils were rare and almost never happened. Basically, a Renewal was when a council of one kingdom was forced by the people and the other three councils of the other three kingdoms forced the current council of the said kingdom to resign all positions and allow new candidates to run. If things were getting so bad that the other Councils wanted Atlas to do a Renewal, and Atlas knew about it, it meant they were going to have to come up with something to make them look good.

'Ironwood would know about this... and since he does, is using the huntresses to help him a stunt to make Atlas look good?' Jaune thought, 'No, that wouldn't make sense, Everyone knows that Atlas already declared the Huntresses fugitives despite what most knew and for them to suddenly call them heroes would be fishy... so what is that guy up to?' Jaune asked himself.

"Let's not get into the politics right now, What we should be focusing on is the Fang and keeping Deery safe," Robyn said.

Jaune nodded, "Yeah, which is why I'm going out there on patrol tonight, alone," he said.

Fiona looked at him as if he had just suddenly grown a pair of wings. "What!? No way!" she cried, "Someone's gotta go with you!"

Jaune shook his head, "No," he said, "If they knew who Deery is by now and also know that she's with the huntresses, the best plan would be for you all to stay here and not out in the open not only could they get you, but they could harm civilians," Jaune said.

Fiona glared at him, "And what about you!?" Fiona asked.

"I'm not exactly part of the Huntresses, and they wouldn't be looking for me, which means I can look for them without being recognized, I can find Bane-Saw and put an end to this," He said.

Fiona glared at him, "So you're trying to be a hero!?" She asked.

Jaune shook his head, "No," He replied darkly.

Hearing that, Robyn looked into Jaune's eyes and she could see what he meant, what he truly meant when he said he was going to "end this".

"Then what are you going to do?" Robyn asked.

Jaune looked at her and the young knight was expressionless, his face was stone cold and that was all the answer Robyn needed.

"You do what you think is best," She said, "But know this, Jaune... if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll really be that thing you see yourself as," Robyn said.

Jaune nodded slowly, "I know... but at least I can choose when I'm that thing," He told her.

"For now," Robyn said.

Jaune then turned around and began walking to the front door and when he opened the door, he felt someone grab his wrist, and Jaune turned around only to see Fiona looking at him with a worried expression.

"Jaune..." Fiona began with a worried tone, "What are you going to do?" She asked.

Jaune looked at her and pulled his wrist away slowly, "I'm doing what Monsters do," Jaune told her and walked into the snowy night.

XXX

XXX

XXX

The next day, The Huntresses, Winter, Penny, and Ciel met up again. However, Ciel noticed that Jaune wasn't among them.

Ciel was confused as she wondered where the blonde was, "Where's Arc?" Ciel asked.

Fiona looked at her, "He went looking for information last night," She said, her tone rather sad.

"Alone?" Winter asked.

Robyn nodded, "Yeah," She told WInter, "Said he was going to put an end to this once and for all,"

Winter sighed, "Well hopefully he found something, but thankfully so did we," Winter said. "We discovered that some of the White-Fang are using an abandoned warehouse as one of their bases, we'ver heard there two that they're using in different spots but we haven't found the second one," Winter told them.

"Where's the first?" Robyn asked.

Winter pointed down the street, "One block away and around the corner," She said. "You're all armed, correct?" Winter asked.

Robyn smirked at Winter, "This isn't our first Rodeo, Winter," Roby said.

Winter simply smiled, "I just wanted to make sure," She said.

The group made their way to the warehouse with a plan, Robyn, Winter, Ciel, and Penny would take the front door while Joanna, May, Fiona, and Deery would take the back and surround any White-Fang in the warehouse.

Once there, Winter put a glyph on the door in the front and she counted down from three, and once she was done, they busted in and at the same time, the others from the back entered but instead of seeing a bunch of White-Fang looking around in confusion and being shocked... they only saw bodies.

There was blood everywhere, some arms were scattered and heads were removed from their shoulders.

Penny looked at the scene with horror as she couldn't believe what she was seeing. "W-What...? How...?" Penny asked, her voice confused and scared.

Joanna looked at the scene and she had never seen anything like it, "Whoever did this... they're not human," She said.

Winter looked at her, "How can you be so sure it was one person?" She asked.

Joana gestured at the bodies, "Look at the wounds on all of them," Joanna said, "Bladed weapon, clean cuts, a lot of force, and I'm looking around, I don't see any bullet holes anywhere," Joanna replied.

Robyn nodded, "She's right, all I see are cuts, no bullets," Robyn.

Fiona looked around, horrified that one person did this, "Who could've done this?"

"There's a survivor!" came May's voice.

they all ran toward May's position and they saw one of the White-Fang members sitting up against the wall, holding a large wound on his side.

Robyn kneeled down next to him, "Hey, what happened here? Who did this?" Robyn asked.

They looked at Robyn with ragged breathing, "One guy... he came in demanding where Bane-Saw was, we thought he was crazy, then he just... he just slaughtered everyone, cut through us like a bullet, hell bullets didn't even seem to faze him, he just let them hit him or blocked them with his shield,"

Everyone's eyes went wide when they heard that part.

"Did... Did you say shield?" Ciel asked.

The man nodded, "Yeah... white with a gold trim... had two golden crescent moons on it," they replied.

Winter looked at him, realizing who he was describing, "Did you tell him where Bane-Saw was!?" Winter asked.

The member nodded, "Y-Yeah, that's why I'm alive," He said with a slight sob, "He... He was a monster, when he looked at me, it was like I wasn't looking at a person... it was like I was looking at a starved Beowulf!" He said before he began to Sob.

Winter called an ambulance in order to save the member's life while everyone else looked back at the carnage that was the bodies of the warehouse and most of them couldn't believe that Jaune, killed them all.

"Jaune... did all of this?" Fiona asked.

Ciel looked at the bodies and he could see that some of them had scared expressions frozen on their faces. "Just... what kind of a monster is he?" Ciel asked.

Robyn looked at them, "A wild one right now..." Robyn said. Robyn looked at all of them, "We have to ask him where Bane-Saw is and we may be able to get there before Jaune does," She said.

As this was happening, on the other side of the City, Jaune approached the warehouse where Bane-Saw was located. The blonde knight was covered in blood, his cloak and armor dripped with the red liquid and Jaune's face looked crazed and full of hate.

"Kill him and it's all over," Jaune said. "I'll end it, I'll end it..." He told himself again.

"Why end it here? If you just let me, we could kill anyone and everything that stands in our way!" The Beowulf said with a smile.

Jaune shook his head, "No... we kill Bane-Saw and the rest, and that's it!" He cried.

"Keep telling yourself that, blondie," Shay said with a smile as he appeared next to Jaune resting his arm on the shoulder of the blonde. "You know you can't stop, you'll just keep killing and killing until you finally kill her,"

Jaune swiped him away as he walked forward to the Warehouse, "Get away you damn ghosts!" Jaune cried.

Jaune walked to the door of the warehouse, simply kicked the door open, and walked in, Once he did he saw every White-Fang member inside turn to him and aim their weapons at him.

"Who the fuck is he!?"

"How the fuck did he find us!?

"Is he a specialist!?"

"Who the fuck cares! I saw we start fucking shooting!"

"ENOUGH!"

Hearing the louder shout, they all turned their heads to see their leader walking to see the intruder, and Jaune looked ahead only to see a rather large and buff man, wearing a Grimm mask that covered his face, he wore a white vest over a black shirt, his shoulder and arms exposed, seeing a tattoo on his left arm, a black pair of pants and he wore a pair of gauntles and gloves on his hands and strapped to his back was a Chainsaw.

Bane-Saw looked at the blonde in front of him and examined him, "Who are you,"

Jaune looked at him, "I'm nobody," He said. "All that matters is I'm going to fucking slaughter all of you,"

Suddenly, everyone felt a dark presence coming off of the young man, and it was like his hatred and anger manifested physically, because some swore that they saw a black cloud of darkness manifested over the young man and obscured the ceiling and some could swear that they saw what they could only describe as evil spirits, crying and cheering.

Suddenly, the building began to shake they all looked around, wondering what was happening, even Jaune was confused as to what was going on. Suddenly, from the walls and ceiling, a swarm of Ant/Termite creaturs appeared and began to attack every person in sight.

"What the hell!?" Bane-Saw cried.

One of the members looked at Bane-Saw, "Their Grimm! Trushna!"

Trushna are insect-like Grimm, they appeared to be a combination of Ants and termites, and like most insect Grimm, they were considered pests. They would eat the structure of abandoned buildings, and don't usually attack humans due to how easily they can die... but they are still Grimm and thus are attracted to anger, hatred, and fear. 

Things that Jaune had so much of...

The Trushna began to swarm to him, but Jaune began to run quickly and took out two White-Fang Members with his sword, and the Grimm insects attacked at ate their bodies.

Some of the White-Fang began shooting at Jaune, while some tried and dealt with the Trushna, however, Bane-Saw and a few others were going to retreat upstairs and hop across the roofs, and seeing this, Jaune chased after him, but then began to chase him while also attacking White-Fang members they could, many screaming in pain and rolling around the ground. After dodging a few White-Fang members and pushing away a few others, Jaune managed to get close to Bane-Saw's group and attempted to strike the man he was after, however, he only managed to slash one of the members retreating with him and they crashed into a crate that held dust crystals.

Jaune groaned in annoyance and turned to see Bane-Saw swing his chainsaw at him, but Jaune avoided the attack only for Bane-Saw to kick him back toward the Trushna, Jaune glared and he fell next to Member hs slashed and the box of dust, and it was too late.

The Trushna swarmed Jaune and began to bite into the young man. Jaune was in excruciating pain but he didn't cry out.

Jaune tried to shake them off, but their pincers were dug way too deep into his skin, Jaune tried to figure out a way to get them off and that's when his eyes landed on a large fire dust crystal and he quickly grabbed it and held it close to him and pushed as much aura as he could into it and just as quickly as he did it, he erupted into flames.

The Trushna on Jaune ceased their biting and they were burned to death. Despite his entire being coated in flames, Jaune stood up and appeared to be looking at Bane-Saw and his group and Bane-Saw was shocked to see him power through the bites as well as being set ablaze.

'Is that person even human!?' Bane-Saw asked.

Suddenly, the building shook again, but this time, much more violently.

One of the members turned to Bane-Saw, "We got to get out of here!" they cried. "Those things are eating the structure!"

The group was about to resume running up to the roof only for Jaune to appear right behind them, Still on fire, he managed to slash two of them in the back before charging Bane-Saw, however, the chainsaw wielder sidestepped and Jaune missed.

The Building shook again and Bane-Saw looked around, only to be cut across the arm as Jaune once again missed and failed to kill the terrorist.

Bane-Saw glared at the young knight on fire, "Fool! Don't you know that building is going to collapse!?" Bane-Saw cried.

Jaune chuckled and charged at him again, but without warning, the Building shook, this time far more violent than ever, and it finally collapsed, the walls breaking apart and the roof falling atop the two and any of the White-Fang members that were still alive.

As the building fell, it created a loud noise that stopped everyone in their tracks and created a large cloud of snow and dirt, that could be seen a few streets down, One particular group saw it and quickly raced toward it.

Arriving on the scene were The Huntresses, Deery, Winter, Ciel, and Penny, and the group saw the collapsed building, and racing out of the ground were millions of Trushna spreading and running away from the building, They also heard the cries of people under the rubble.

"Jaune!" Fiona cried as she raced to the rubble, "Can you hear me!?" She cried.

Suddenly part of the rubble moved and climbing out of the wreckage was not Jaune, but Bane-Saw.

But right after him, more rubble began to move appearing out of the wreckage was Jaune, however, he appeared to be covered in ash and also had burns on his body.

However, Jaune didn't appear to be in the right state of mind as his breath was ragged and his were glassy, almost as if they were rolled in the back of his head.

Jaune approached Bane-Saw, he gripped his sword tight and walked toward him, still intent on killing him. Behind him, The Beowulf walked behind him and whispered into his ear to kill Bane-Saw, to tear him apart and taste his blood on his sword.

However, Jaune stopped and fell to his knees, The fatigue got to him, and he fell forward to the ground, unconscious.

Bane-Saw didn't know he was so tense until he let out a breath of air, and he was about to walk away when he was shot in the shoulder and fell back. He was about to get back up to his feet, only for a foot to slam into his chest and he looked up to see Ciel standing over him with a gun aimed down at him and glaring at him.

"Bane-Saw, you are under arrest by order of the Atlas Military," Ciel told him.

Bane-Saw glared at her but did not fight, knowing he was not going to escape.

Winter called for backup and a clean-up crew was summoned to save some of the White Fang under the rubble while also making sure that any civilians in the area were ok and not attacked by the Trushna. A medical team took Jaune up to Atlas along with Bane-Saw who had to get his gunshot wound taken care of.

Before he was taken away, they all got a good look at Jaune's wounds, he had some burns around his neck, arms, and hands and they were sure of other parts. Jaune appeared like had had gone through a warzone and they couldn't look at the boy the same way after what they discovered about him and how he looked.

XXX

XXX

XXX

Jaune's eyes slowly opened and he found himself in a hospital room, and sitting next to him was Ironwood with a small smile on his face.

"Mr. Arc, good to see you're back with us," Ironwood told him. "Surprised you'd wake up so soon, what with all the burns you received over most of you're body, but I suppose that Aura of yours works wonders, hm?"

Jaune just looked at him, "How long have you been watching me sleep?" Jaune asked, "Because if you've been there for a while, that's creepy as hell," He said as he looked at the ceiling

Ironwood chuckled, "Don't worry Mr. Arc, I was only here for a few moments, as I had a feeling you'd wake up soon," He told the young man.

"Really? You got a semblance that can see the future?" Jaune asked.

Ironwood shook his head, "No, just a flair for the dramatic," Ironwood said.

"Learn that one from Ozpin?" Jaune asked.

"Actually, yes," Ironwood said.

Jaune then looked at him with a raised brow, "So, come to arrest me?" He asked.

Ironwood looked at him with a raised brow, "Arrest you for what, Mr. Arc? Last I remember you stopped a very dangerous terrorist from accomplishing his plans," Ironwood said with a knowing smile, "In fact, you and the Huntresses are considered Heroes by the people, which is good for both of us,"

Jaune looked at him with a raised brow, "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Believe me when I say it was not my decision to label Robyn and her group as criminals, The rest of the council did so because Jacques whined and cried, and so they bent over backward for him," Ironwood said.

Jaune chuckled, "Never thought I heard the Ironwood say something like that," Jaune said. "So, this was all a part of some big plan of yours right?" Jaune asked.

Ironwood nodded, "I wanted Robyn and the other Huntresses to help us because if they were a part of the mission and actually helped capture terrorists, then word would get out of how heroic the Huntresses were, and with the good publicity they would get, the rest of the council would have not choice but to praise them as heroes and I could get Robyn where I need her,"

"Where did you need her?" Jaune asked.

Ironwood smiled, "In the spotlight," Ironwood said. "See, Mr. Arc, with Robyn being praised as a hero, certain things will come out about her, her time training in the Military, her beliefs of unifying Mantle and Atlas, everything in her spotless and clean record, and with her as the hero, I can help her accomplish her dream,"

"You want to help her accomplish her dream?" Jaune asked. "Why?"

Ironwood smiled, "Mr. Arc... I owe her a lot, more than you could ever know," Irownood said. The General then stood up and patted Jaune's bed, "Get well soon, Mr. Arc, after all, you still got a long way to go," He said, as he turned around and left. 

As Ironwood left, he remembered his past with Robyn...

When he was 10 years old, his family moved to Mt. Glenn, They wanted to help build what was supposed to be the greatest territory in the world, but that never happened. His family was killed and in a single instant, he had lost everything, but in that moment, he also met a young girl around his age who offered him a hand in the darkness.

After he took her hand, Ironwood found another family, a group of people whom he trusted and still does to this day.

Robyn Hill, the person who pulled him out of his sorrow, gave him a reason to live and gave him his own dream to work toward.

Will Scarletina, one of the biggest minds in Atlas and who was also a survivor of Mt. Glenn as a kid, and a person who supported them both and wanted both of their dreams to be fulfilled, helped build their weapons, even built Ironwood's prosthetic arm.

They grew up in an orphanage in Mantle and they all suffered the same treatment as others still did in Mantle. They saw the injustice and they wanted to fix it, they wanted to make sure that no one had to grow through what they did.

"One day, James, I'm gonna make Atlas realize the suffering of everyone down here, I'm gonna unify this kingdom back to what it was, no one above the other, no matter who they are," Robyn told him, "And we'll do it together, right?"

Ironwood smiled at the memory, "Right... Robyn," He said to himself, "Together,"

"James! James!"

Ironwood looked ahead only to see Will running up to him with a smile and Ironwood smiled back. "Will!" he greeted.

The two men hugged and then broke the hug and Will looked at his "Brother" with a smile. "Did you hear about Robyn!?"

Ironwood smiled, "Of course I did," He replied.

Will laughed, "This is great!" He said, "Hey maybe we could all meet up again like old times! Velvet's coming to visit me so you two can see her after so long! Lord knows she wants to thank you for the unlimited supply of Hard-Light dust!"

Ironwood chuckled, "I think that sounds great," he said, "But I'm sure that Velvet will be happy to see Robyn again, after all, she's the one who taught her everything," Ironwood said.

The two continued to talk and walk down the hall, as they planned to have a family reunion when the summer came around.

All seemed to be okay, Jaune was recovering from his wounds and would no doubt be released soon, Robyn and the huntresses were praised as heroes, Ironwood's plan had seemingly worked, and Atlas was finally going to help Mantle by fixing the wall.

It was the start of something new...

Bane-Saw sat in the back of the transport van, looking at the ground, and waited for the humiliation of being questioned or simply being locked up in some Atlas prison. The van came to a stop after a few minutes, he heard the doors open.

Bane-Saw grumbled, "Let's get this over with," He said.

However, thrown in front of his feet were his chainsaw and his mask. He looked surprised but then he looked forward, and standing there was another person Adam trusted the most.

"Hurry up, we don't have all day," she said.

Bane-saw picked up his mask and placed it back on his face, obscuring his features once again, and he picked up his chainsaw and placed it on his back. "I'm surprised you came back to this place you hate so much... Ilia," Bane-Saw said.

Ilia Amitola stood in front of him, her mask obscuring her eyes and her weapon strapped to her side. Ilia looked at him, "Adam put me here to watch over things and, in case things went south, assigned me to bust you out," She said. "So... tell me, what's the plan now?"

Bane-Saw got out of the truck and he turned to Ilia. "We're going to kill a Monster disguised as a man," He told her.

XXX

XXX

XXX

What? Oh, you thought this was going to end with a happy ending? Come on, you really think I was going to leave it off on a happy note? Come on, you should know me by now, you should know the story by now, there are only small moments of happiness in this story.

But don't worry, it won't be like this for the next two Acts so don't worry, I won't be a Spiderman writer for a bit. 

Also, bet you weren't counting on the fact Velvet knew both Ironwood and Robyn, huh? Well since it's said that Velvet gets an unlimited supply of Hardlight dust from Atlas due to the weapon that her father gave her, I assumed Will must know someone pretty high up on the food chain, so I had Will be connected to both Ironwood and Robyn.

Trust me, that whole thing will be explained when we get to it, but this also will set up some stakes for Velvet later in the future.

A few things I should also clarify is that RT's canon isn't so much Canon in this story.

For example:

1. Mt. Glenn happened while Ironwood and Robyn were kids. Most writers and fics I've seen either have the event before the main characters were born or when characters like Qrow were still somewhat fresh-faced and new to the job.

2. "The Girl Who Fell Through the World" is a hundred years old, however, it's not the same story as we saw in V9 and both Lewis and Alyx aren't from the past...

3. Some events of what was discussed in "Tales of Remnant" such as the King of Vale ending the war are vastly different in this story. Even stories from "Fairy Tales of Remnant" will have an impact on the story, and some of those tales turn out to be true.

4. The origin of the Grimm is slightly different and Humans are connected to them in a way.

5. Salem and Ozpin's origin is also slightly different 

As a matter of fact, what really happened during the Great War is important later down the line. Also, despite what's said, Ozpin isn't the king of Vale but Oz was close to him and was behind everything, and this will introduce the "Skull Knight" of the story.

Another thing I want to say is that The Relic spirits are going to act and look vastly different than their canon. They also work vastly differently, and Jinn will be able to answer more questions and Ambrosius is able to create more than just one thing at a time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 1.4K 37
A new student is transferred to Beacon after a Hunt gone wrong. He has to deal with the fact he is alone in the world and has lost everything until t...
52.2K 1.1K 12
After having his transcripts revealed at Beacon, Jaune Arc is shunned and bullied by everyone except Ruby, Yang, Nora, Ren, Pyrrha, Blake, Goodwitch...
5.4K 72 10
Jaune is back for his second semester at beacon. He was gets better and better and now he's in some dangerous mission. Get ready the next adventure.
69.9K 685 45
Cardin just exposed that Jaune doesn't want to be happened after saving him. Everyone knew everything his teammates, friends, and students went again...