A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!๐Ÿ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'

Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'

305 34 40
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left. . .

Thank you!
Happy Ready!
:)

• • •

At Tej's House 🏘 :
In Tej and Kirti's Bedroom during the night. . .

Tej turns his head to look back at the door and finds Nikita standing while trying to hold in her laughter. He blinks dumbly between the two and asks confusedly tilting his head on his left, "What?"

The woman and the young girl burst out laughing confusing the only man in the house. "Why are you both laughing?" A confused Tej asks blinking at them.

Nikita comes in and pulls her brother's cheeks while still laughing and says looking at her sister-in-law, "Bhabhi, see, I told you, didn't I?"

Kirti snickers high-fiving with her sister-in-law while nodding her head vigorously. Nikita laughs her lungs out.

"Will somebody tell me what's going on here?" Asks an annoyed Tej with a deep frown wiping his wet cheeks.

The two of the most important ladies of his life laugh more seeing him annoyed. Tej narrows his eyes at the duo and says getting up, "I'm leaving! You two laugh!"

Kirti holds his hands and makes him sit back on his previous spot and takes deep breaths sobering up. Nikita still giggles causing Kirti to giggle a bit while Tej was looking at the two with a frown. Before he opens his mouth, Kirti says, "Nikki was worrying for you because you are behaving oddly from past few days. . . . little distant from us. At first we thought it's because Mom-Dad hid about you two from her and you guys had no idea, that's why you must be upset. But then Nikki said, "Bhai is being irritated because she came here for Vihu Bhaiya while she did not even know we two exist. I'm already his Princess and now Nishu is here specially for Bhaiya and Bhai is pissed off feeling completely out of the picture of his own siblings' frame." " Kirti starts laughing again with Nikita saying in between, "I denied that . . .that. . No. . It can't be! But-" Kirti laughs wheezing and says, "she is absolutely right!"

The two ladies laugh together while Tej rolls his eyes feeling warmth rush to his cheeks and says, "That's not true!"

"Oh come on, Bhai! Just look at yourself, you are so jealous of Bhaiya!" Nikita says laughing.

Tej glares at her and says standing up, "That's not my fault, Okay? It's all because of your Vihu Bhaiya! That man never let me play with G when she was a baby because he was a fre*king jealous king! Ari used to run behind either to her Raj Bhai, Jay Bhai (Mrityunjay) or Manav Bhai! Abhi, Ish and Dhawal have always been Varun's favou-" Tej suddenly stops.

Laughter dies and silence spreads in the room.

Nikita and Kirti look at a frozen Tej whose eyes suddenly go too silent. He looks away with a straight face. He shuts his eyes remembering the only person out of the blue who left and never looked back, Ish. And Dhawal ? He shakes his head trying to shrug off the nostalgic images from his head while the two ladies look at each other and then fall silent like a dried water fall.

He looks back at the duo and finds how eerie this sudden silence felt. Ignoring the two previous names, Tej says pointing his right index finger at his sister, "And You!" Nikita looks up at her brother's accusing form and Kirti looks between the siblings as Tej bursts out, "You too would always had to run to your Vihu Bhaiya! And now that Nishu is here," He huffs looking away and says folding his hands, "she is here for her brother! What am I then? A scarecrow?!"

The ladies look at each other silently and laughter erupts once again in the room at his irritation. Tej makes a face at the two who were laughing heartily, lungs filling up with fresh oxygen every now and then with happy hormones dancing through their veins.

"You must be so irritated that you remember each and every child's favourite in the family, Tej!" Kirti states and Nikita high-fives with her laughing crazily.

A smile pokes his lips again and again seeing them enjoying his state and finally he chuckles making them laugh more and he starts laughing with them.

What a crazy night; a potion of pain mixed with laughter and a little fragrance of nostalgia, perfect!

After a good few minutes they calm down. Nikita says smiling softly, "I'm happy Bhaiya is willing to improve his mistake." Then she looks at her brother and says, "Now, it's your turn, Bhai." Tej nods in understanding.

"But she thinks we don't know that she did not know about us." Nikita points out looking at Kirti's bangles with a frown.

"Hmm. . . ." Kirti starts taking Nikita's one hand in her hands and says, "And we need to play safe unless she herself does not raise this topic or she gets better enough for us to open up about this to her directly. Hm?"

Nikita nods in understanding but then suddenly she beams at her brother and sister-in-law saying, "I have got a little sister! Finally! Yes!"

This time the couple laughs at her making the teenager frown, "Now, why are you two laughing at me?"

"Because you are a kid to her." Kirti says punching her cheek softly with her fist and Tej smiles.

Nikita frowns saying, "Doesn't matter! Atleast I have got a friend in my sister! I'm so excited to attend the school again with her! This time as her big sister, a best friend!" She exclaims with a big smile.

Tej smiles and feels more than happy. But he wondered why these two don't envy each other? 'What's this connection?' He thinks smiling at his sister with a frown feeling blessed.

"I understand your excitement, Nikki. But don't say anything to her for now. If she thinks that we don't know, let it be then. Assume like we actually did not know that she had no idea about us being her siblings." Tej says the part with a concern gaze at the wall behind Kirti.

Nikita takes her brother's hand making him look at her and comes near and hugs him. Tej sighs hugging her back and asks rubbing her back, "You okay?"

"I am. Guess, who is not, cry baby?" Nikita asks and Kirti chuckles and Tej hits her head lightly and says rolling his eyes, "Yeah. Yeah. Whatever, Granny!"

"I'll tell, Bhai that you hit my head!" Nikita says frowning, breaking the hug.

"Go for it! I'll tell him that you were laughing at both of your brothers' situation!" Tej retorts back.

Nikita frowns and opens her mouth but Kirti stops their banter from going any further saying, "Wait!" The siblings look at one of the most beautiful women in their lives who says demurely, "You both are upset with Mom-Dad, are not you?"

The siblings look at each other falling silent and Tej looks away at the wall clock with a straight face making Kirti sigh while Nikita asks gravely, "Shouldn't we be, Bhabhi?"

Tej looks at his sister. He could see the disappointment in her eyes distinctly. He did not blame his sister. They never expected something so disappointing from their parents.

"I don't understand, why?" Nikita asks and sighs looking down tired of the one question that has not been answered and it was eating her energy everyday before she even gets ready for the day, just like insects eating leafy vegetables before they even start growing properly.

"I'm not favouring for what they did but. .I'm sure, they were well aware of the results of their actions. They were well aware about the fact that Vihaan, Tej, Mann, G, Shre, their Nikki, no one will like it even a bit when they will come to know the truth. They knew we all will be very upset and disappointed in them." Kirti says making the siblings look at her gravely. "And what about Nishu? You guys think she is not upset with their actions? But she too is not uttering any word out." Kirti says looking at the two with a thoughtful gaze.

"What are you trying to say?" Tej asks looking at her dead serious.

"Mom-Dad love all of us a lot, equally and fairly and we all are well known of Mom's cravings for her daughter since ages. Hiding about their siblings, no parents in their right minds would do something like this to their kids and cause a crack in their relationships bringing a cyclone in their peaceful lives. And that means, if they did it there must be a big reason, 'A Big' one. I mean, you guys accepted few days back that Mom-Dad, Tauji-Taayiji or anyone amongst the elders have never been found talking to her on the phone calls in front of you guys! It was always Bhishma Uncle who used to only inform about her well being or more and more by any chance if you guys ever found him talking to her over the calls, he used to leave the place or cut the call making an excuse. Isn't it?"

Tej and Nikita were gravely listening to her. The brother-sister duo look at each other and then at the woman sitting in front of them.

"What you are saying is true. There must be a big reason otherwise why would they do it? But what might be the reason? That's the question, Kirti." Tej says politely.

"Exactly! We know they did everything for a reason but, for what?" Nikita asks with a frown adorning her fair forehead.

"I guess, they think that we are not ready to know the reason?" Kirti asks frowning, unsure of her own words.

The siblings roll their eyes saying in unison, "That sounds ridiculous!"

"It has been more than a decade since the time they have been keeping things from us, Bhabhi and none us is a 5 year old any more!" Nikita defends.

"Exactly!" Tej agrees nodding at his wife with his sister.

"May be, they are scared of your reactions?" Kirti asks with a doubt snapping her right hand's fingers as if she just found out that she was Albert Eintein's distant relative.

This had them. They fall silent.

"May be. That might be. Specially, considering Vihaan's reaction to her arrival." Tej mutters looking at Nikita's fabric bracelet on her left wrist gifted by Akriti a few days back when she went on shopping with her mother and brought something for all of her friends. He looks at Kirti and says, "I guess they thought to wait for the two to get along well."

"What about us then?" Nikita asks her brother making him look at her. "Why hide it from us then? Were they waiting for us to get close to each other with Nishu too?" She asks.

"शायद।" Tej shrugs.

[ Translation : "Perhaps." ]

"Ugh! It's so complicated! My head is hurting now! Can we stop our investigation here and sleep? Please! It's not like we will get any answers! My brain is tired now and is asking for rest. Pretty, please! I'm begging you two!" Kirti asks making a crying and frustrated face. The duo laughs. They know Kirti is a smart and calm person but she hates suspense which has become a part of their lives now. Sometimes Kirti even doubted if Nishi is the daughter of a goddess named as Suspenseshwari.

"Alright, I'm also leaving. It was a tiring day." Nikita says rubbing her shoulders with her hands feeling the tension in them. Tej was looking at her silently. She gets up to leave but Tej grabs her hand and pulls her in a hug taking his sister by susprise. He kisses her head saying, "I know you are stressed. Don't think too much. Everything will be fine. Okay? I'm sure Mom-Dad must have a solid reason. They love us. Let's not jump onto wrong conclusions until the real one reveals. Hmm?" He asks softly and Nikita nods breaking the warm hug.

The sister kisses both of their cheeks and leaves waving at them closing the door but not before Tej shouts, "And don't come in the room like a wandering spirit next time! You will give me a heart attack!"

Nikita laughs leaving while clapping her hands.

Tej smiles at his wife who was smiling at him knowing well he feels much better when their Nikki smiles or laughs whole heartedly before going to bed. It gives both of them a peaceful sleep.

"Talk to Vihu. He is worrying for you. And I think you both need a brother's talk at this time. It has been awhile." Kirti says when Tej switches off the lights laying on his side and she lays down putting her head on his chest while her husband hugs her with the other hand placing a soft kiss on her head humming, "Hmm."

Peaceful and thoughtful silence.

"What do you think? How Dhawal must be doing?" Kirti asks her husband softly.

"I don't know and I don't care!" Tej says with a straight face staring the yellow nightbulb. "Sleep." He says before hugging her to sleep. It was a hint to not to open up the topic.

Kirti sighs and goes to sleep trying not to think about the unsolved mysteries unknown to the upcoming storm in their lives the very next day.

* * *

At Vihaan's House 🏘 :
The next morning. . .

"Na. . . . Nanny. . . .Pap . .py. . . Don't .o. . . . . .Plea. . . DON'T!!!"

"NISHU!" Nishi opens her eyes with a jerk as Karuna shouts. She breaths heavily still not being in her right mind. Vihaan, who was sitting on his knees beside her head on the ground, sits near her on the bed to support her back helping her in sitting down carefully. Gia hands Vihaan the tumbler of water and wipes her sweaty hands on her light green PJ (Pyjama ) while looking at the youngest with creases on her forehead.

Vihaan hands the tumbler to Nishi saying gently caressing her back, "It's okay. Have some water and relax. Come on." She takes the tumbler with a bit shaking hand and gulps down the water in one go while Vihaan rubs her back helping her in calming down. She takes deep breathes to calm down.

Next morning, who knew it was going to be for the first time when Karuna, Gia, Arushi and Anshuman will witness her watching a nightmare? In all these days in the hospital, one by one they all witnessed it but not these four. The trio of youngsters and Karuna were hell worried and scared seeing her like this. Vihaan knew about it very well but still it always disturbed his peace of mind seeing her going through something he has no idea about.

*

They all were doing their morning routines when Karuna asked Arushi to wake up Nishi because it was a tough task to wake her up every morning now due to the heavy doses which hardly lets sleep leave the patient's eyes. When Arushi came to wake her up, she found Nishi blabbering and muttering in her sleep and ran out shouting, "आंटी! NISHU पर भूत आ गया!"

[ Translation : "AUNT! NISHU IS POSSESSED BY A GHOST!" ]

They were confused hearing her screaming. Anshuman entered just then who came to drop the girls to their college with the security. When Vihaan heard her words in his room getting ready, he dropped the tie from his hands and ran to Nishi's room knowing well that she must be watching a nightmare. They all have been trying hard to wake her up from last 4 minutes and finally she wakes up breathing heavily.

She gives the tumbler back to Vihaan still being scared of what she saw in her nightmare. Gia frowns seeing the fear in her eyes taking away the tumbler from Vihaan. In these past months, she saw her playfulness, naughtyness, seriousness during reading books, she even saw tears in her eyes after Vihaan's confession in the hospital room but she never saw her being terrified of anything or anyone. This not only confuses her but more than that, it shocks her.

Karuna asks getting worried, "बेटा, तू ठीक है ना?"

[ Translation : "Kiddo, are you okay?" ]

Nishi nods and freezes at her mother's next question who asks patting her cheek, "बच्चा! Why did you see a nightmare all of a sudden?"

[ Translation : बच्चा- Baby ]

Anshuman and Gia exchange looks and look at Karuna in doubt if she lost her one screw during her routine in the washroom this morning.

'For God's sake, Mom! Who watches a nightmare with their own will?' Vihaan thinks looking at his mother with What kind of question is this, Mom?! Karuna bites her tongue at her own stupid question. Vihaan changes the topic saying while rubbing her back, "It's just because of the medicines, Mom! It's nothing."

Nishi gulps hardly, feeling her hands getting sweaty, she wipes them in the blanket. Anshuman notices that and scolds the girls out of the blue, "कितनी बार बोला है तुम दोनों को? बाल खोलकर रात को चुड़ैलों की तरह मत भटका करो! चाची, Nishu ने ज़रूर रात को इन्हें ही देखा होगा! हैं ना, Nishu?"

[ Transaltion : "How many times I have told both of you? Don't wander like witches at night with your hair open! Aunt, Nishu must have seen them at night! Isn't it, Nishu?" ]

"BHAIYA!" They both glare at him shouting. Nishi giggles at the scene making both of her brothers exhale a relief breath.

[ Translation : "BROTHER!" ]

Karuna hits Anshuman's arm playfully and gets up saying, "बच्चे! It's okay. It was nothing. Now, get up and wash your face. And you two, get ready, fast! You are getting late for your college too! Nishu, बेटा उठो, फिर रेस्ट कर लेना बाद में. तुम्हे ब्रेकफास्ट करके दवाई भी लेनी है ना? Come on, kids!"

[Translation : "Baby! It's okay. It was nothing. Now, get up and wash your face. And you two, get ready, fast! You are getting late for your college too! Nishu, baby get up, then rest later. You need to take your medicine too after your breakfast, right? Come on, kids!" ]

The youngsters look at her retreating figure as if she has actually got a scratch on her brain today. She was shot with two bullets for god's sake, what is this woman thinking that this patient full of hormonal issues and dangerous complications living in her body will get ready on her own without any tantrums that easily when her wound is still fresh and deep? Specially, just after a week of her surgery which took hours to get done? Did she already forget her daughter's mood taking a 360° turn out of the blue in the hospital?

They all sigh in unison while the patient only blinks at them like a baby laying in her crib looking confusedly at the new world. Arushi and Anshuman leave except Gia and Vihaan and Vihaan says turning to Nishi, "Gia will help you getting dressed because she is almost ready, okay? And no arguments, please!" He says joining his hands making her giggle. He smiles ruffling her hair and leaves kissing her head making her shudder awkwardly.

When he gets up to leave, he wanted to laugh because Gia's mouth was hung open and eyes were wide watching the unpredictable scenario in front of her eyes. She was too shocked to realise of her funny facial expressions. It looked like as if she just found out that her parents are planning to get one of her brothers married to Arushi. Vihaan shuts Gia's mouth with his hand while Nishi was scratching her cheek looking down at the blanket remembering his forehead kisses. Gia comes back to her senses and blinks at her big brother who winks at her with a smirk. Gia smiles brightly mouthing, "Really?!"

Vihaan shrugs beaming and leaves to get ready for his office but not before chuckling looking back at his cousin who bumps her fist in the air in victory.

Then young college going girl finds a pair of eyes on her. Looking down at her little cousin who was staring at her like a Pegion, she puts her hands down and stands straight clearing her throat.

"Let's get you ready. Shall we?" Gia asks smiling.

"I'll do it myself. You just close your eyes and hand me whatever I need." Nishi blabbers forgetting the earlier scenario.

"But how will you mobe your left side?" Gia asks frowning.

"I'll just take a bit longer but I'll manage. You just hand me whatever I need. If I'll need anything, I'll ask for it. Shre Di used to do the same." Nishi chirps.

"Okay. But no hurry." Gia says getting her wheel chair which was near the study table. Nishi nods before proceeding further.

*

They all leave and Nishi comes out of her room on the wheelchair. It was an Electric Wheelchair.

"Why did you come out? I was coming with your breakfast." Karuna says noticing her daughter coming towards the dinning table. Vihaan and others already left for their workplaces and Karuna stays at home to take care of Nishi. Vineet came late last night and left earlier than them.

"It's boring in there!" Nishi whines.

"Okay, come! Your breakfast is ready." Karuna says with a chuckle at her whinning and goes to pick up her ringing phone in her bedroom.

*

Nishi finished her breakfast and was now laying in her bed after taking the medicines by herself. Karuna enters her room and says, "Baby! I'm so sorry! I have to leave urgently for some urgent work! I'll give you your medicines then I'll leave. But don't worry, I'll come as soon as possible and Raghav is in the guest house. You have his number, just call him if you need anything. Till then, can you take care of yourself, please?"

"I already had my medicines, Mom. It's okay. You go, I can take care of myself. And be safe." Nishi says turning the page of her book.

"Thank you, baby! Bye!" Karuna says leaving in a hurry.

* * *

In The Car 🚘 :

"ये Kabir को क्या हुआ है?" Anshuman asks as he drives for Vihaan's home after taking a half day off from his office because it was Saturday.

[ Translation : "What has happened to Kabir?" ]

"क्या मतलब? क्या हुआ है?" Rohan asks innocently looking outside the window from his passenger seat.

[ Translation : "What do you mean? What happened?" ]

"Don't act so innocent. I noticed his dislike whenever Nikki spoke about Nishu. What's with him?" Anshuman asks concentrating on the road.

Rohan sighs and says, "He doesn't like Nikki because Vihaan bhaiya always gives his full attention to her when he hardly talked freely to Nish. He hates it since the day we met Nish."

"But इसमें Nikki की क्या गलती? उल्टा, she was the one who always requested bhaiya to talk to Nishu and let her be friends with her. It's bhai's fault, not her. And Bhaiya has already improved it. I can see it. We all can." Anshuman says taking a glance at his friend.

[ Translation : "But what's Nikki's fault in this? On the contrary, she was the one who always requested big brother to talk to Nishu and let her be friends with her." ]

"I know, Mann. But who will make our raged bull to understand such simple thing?"

"Hm. . . I guess only Nishu. He listens to her. But she will definitely scold him first." Anshuman says laughing with him imagining Kabir getting scolded by the kid whose temper is often on her nose these days.

* * *

At Vihaan's House 🏘 :
(Vihaan's Guest House . . .)

It was 12:20 p.m., when a car stops at the main gate grabbing Raghav's attention solely on it who was checking the CCTV cameras.

"Keep an eye." Raghav orders the CCTV security team in his manly voice.

He comes out of the guest house which was not less than his office. He walks up to the main gate looking at the parked car in front of the main gate whose driver comes out of it. Raghav recognises the man, Ajeet. Raghav nods at the security guards who nod back and open the door for the car to enter with Ajeet's one nod at Raghav in recognition who nods back. Ajeet knew it was necessary for him to show his face to Raghav in person because he is one stubborn security officer who does not budge until he makes sure himself that the person in front of him is a human and not a walking human bomb.

Anuradha and Kashti came along with Ajeet. Raghav comes again and checks the car by himself holding a gun in his hands. You never know someone might make a human a fodder just to get their work done. So, Security check.

"All clear." Raghav says in his walkie-talkie and puts his gun back in its original place. "Raghav, बेटा go, pick up G and Aru from their college. They will take a half day off today for the lunch."

"Okay, Ma'am." Raghav nods catching the car keys Ajeet throws at him. "Be careful." Raghav whispers to Ajeet and nods at him before leaving who nods back.

After a few minutes. . .

They rung the bell many times but no one opened the door. So, finally Anuradha uses the spare key and the trio enters the house.

The mother shouts after entering, getting worried because neither anyone opened the door nor she got any reply in return, "Karu! Karu! Karuna?!" She was calling her name again and again but only silence welcomes them.

Then the trio exchanges looks and goes straight to Nishi's room. Ajeet takes out his gun and pushes Kashti and Anuradha on his back with his other hand who were ready with a Vase and a knife in their hands.

"सम्भाल के!" Anuradha whispers.

[ Translation : "Careful!" ]

Ajeet nods taking a deep breath. Then he forwards his right hand to the door knob and opens the door with a jerk.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The trio takes a relief breath as they find her sleeping peacefully with a book on her face. Kashti puts the book aside carefully and covers her properly with the blanket. She then adjusts the temperature of the Airconditioner and leaves closing the door softly.

"Where is she?! Find her!" Anuradha says being worried for her sister-in-law. They check the entire house from her room to the backyard, from the store room to the roof but could not find her traces.

Then after 20 minutes Anuradha recieves a message from Karuna :

Karu :

Didi! Main urgent kaam se baahar aayi hui hoon
Aap please thoda jaldi ghar chali jaayiyega
Nishu akeli hai ghar par
Sorry
Jaldi mein Raghav ko bhi batana bhool gayi thi
He was on a phone call at that time
So does not know about my absence in the house
Main jaldi aane ki koshish karungi!
Seen √

[ Translation : Sis! I am out for urgent work
Will you please go home soon
Nishu will be alone at home
Sorry
In a hurry, I forgot to inform Raghav too.
He was on a phone call at that time
He does not know about my absence in the house
I will try to come soon! ]

Just then Vihaan comes with Mrityunjay, Avinash, Smriti, Trisha, Anshuman and Rohan. They were smiling and talking when Trisha notices Anuradha's angry face and finds Ajeet's and Kashti's worried glances at Anuradha.

"Taayiji! क्या हुआ?" Trisha's words grab everyone's attention.

[ Translation : "Aunt! What happened?" ]

"Mumma! क्या हुआ? All okay?" Anshuman asks nearing his mother who looked annoyed. Anuradha shows him her phone with a frown. He reads the message and says, "तो क्या हुआ? चाची urgent काम से बाहर गईं हैं, आ जायेंगी।"

[ Translation 1 : "Mumma! What happened? All okay?"

  Translation 2 : "So what happened? Aunt has gone out for urgent work, she will come." ]

"क्या हुआ?" Vihaan asks coming forward finding a commotion.

[ Translation : "What happened?" ]

"Read your Mom's message." Anuradha suggests trying to control her anger. Vihaan takes the phone from a confused Anshuman who is looking at his mother. Trisha nudges Anshuman asking with her eyes what's written in the message that made his mother so angry. Anshuman just shrugs not finding anything offending.

Vihaan reads the message frowning and Anuradha spits frowning angrily, "She left without informing anyone! Who knows at what time she left and she is messaging me NOW?! She didn't inform anyone! Not even Raghav! I told her clearly we will be late today! What if we wouldn't have come earlier? We have been looking for her from past almost half of an hour! कबसे bell बजा रहे हैं, no one opened the door! She could have called me at the time when she left! But no! सिक्युरिटी है यहाँ but फिर भी! What if Nishu needed something? No one was here to take care of her. होगा कैसे? उसने बताया ही नहीं किसीको! How can she be so irresponsible?! She just came from the hospital yesterday! Doctors warned about her complications to not to leave her alone! She is still a patient!" Anuradha was very angry by Karuna's irresponsibility who didn't even tell the security that her daughter is alone at home.

[ Translation : We have been looking for her since past almost half of an hour! How long have we been ringing the bell, no one opened the door! She could have called me at the time when she left! But no! There is security here but still! What if Nishi needed something? No one was here to take care of her! How will it happen? She didn't even tell anyone!" ]

Mrityunjay immediately asks Ajeet and Kashti frowning slightly, "Where is Nishu?"

"She is sleeping in her room." Ajeet informs making the youngsters take relief breathes.

"See! Check the time! It's almost 1!" Anuradha says grabbing Ajeet's wrist showing his watch to Vihaan while Ajeet gulps at the sudden action of his senior's (Vihaan's) Aunt and her furrowed brows which were not helping him. "Nishu को दवाई खाने के बाद ठीक 12 बजे देनी थी! और उसने अभी तक खाना ही नहीं खाया क्यूंकि medicine की वजह से she is still sleeping. What kind of mother is she?! बच्चे की हेल्थ से बढ़कर कौनसा काम है उसे?!" Anuradha asks angrily, leaving his hand with a jerk forgetting in the process that it's not her body's part. Ajeet's hand mistakenly hits Anshuman's b*lls making him groan knocking the air out of him. He glares at Ajeet who gulps and shakes his head and hands pointing his bith index fingers towards Anuradha's turned back to them with a pleading look. Trisha and Kashti shake their heads at the duo with bored eyes.

[ Translation : "See! Check the time! It's almost 1! Nishu was to be given the medicine exactly at 12 o'clock! And she hasn't eaten yet because she is still sleeping because of the medicine. What kind of mother is she?! What is more important to her than her child's health?!" ]

Meanwhile, Rohan looks at Vihaan and gulps his saliva finding him madly looking at the phone's screen. He gives a sympathetic look to Anuradha's phone held tightly in Vihaan's grip. Rohan sighs as soon as reality hits him and he too frowns at the situation. They all were hell angry at Karuna's carelessness. She knows about her daughter's condition well but still left without thinking or informing anyone.

"Kashti! Come with me and make something for her. She needs to take her medicines. She must be hungry now. And I'm telling you all, no need to talk to her! I need to have a word with your mother! How can she be so careless?! She is still weak! आने दो उसे आज!" Anuradha blabbers the last part angrily walking towards the kitchen. "Wake her up! She will take time. उसे बाहर ले आना। हर वक़्त एक जगह अच्छा नहीं लगता होगा।" Anuradha tells Vihaan who nods quietly.

[ Translation 1 : "Let her come today!"

  Translation 2 : "Bring her out. It doesn't feel good to stay all the time in one place." ]

* End of the chapter. *

Author :

How was the Chapter and the surprise of an early update?
Will the suspense decrease in the upcoming 2 chapters?
Keep reading to know the answer. 😉

I'm hell confused about one thing, I'm dying of coughing due to the changes in the weather every now and then but surprisingly there is no pain in my throat. 🤧 How come?! 😑
Whatever! It's good to talk about my nonsense thoughts some times. Don't know why though. 😒😂😂

Alright, have a great day guys! Stay healthy and eat healthy! 🫡

Thank you!
Smile please!
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 30K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
4.8K 381 30
BOOK #1 of โ€ขHarmony Of Billionairesโ€ข She was just a responsibility for him, which he never wanted, denied every sign. And she was adamant to unravel...
15.8K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
10.4K 1.6K 15
"๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป'๐“ผ ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป'๐“ผ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ." Y...