The Immortal Stargazer

By Doryzitter

I finally had everything figured out in my life. I'm a normal human. I went to highschool, made friends, expl... More

Equilibrium
Stars
Fate's Decision
Comatose
Waking up
Finding Purpose
The Hero
Problem
No Going Back
Reality
A Beating to Remember
Blueberry
Shock
Hope is Gone
Contradictions
The End....
....of the Beginning
The Start of Something Beautiful
Mobtale
Too Late
Panic
Introducing! The Entire Multiverse!
The First Day
Not His Multiverse
Temper

Grim Understanding

722 39 73
By Doryzitter

I opened my eyes. 'Fuck.' I thought. I didn't die. Of course. Still alive, even after trying to end it all. I knew it wasn't gonna be that easy, I knew it! Still, I tried anyway, hoping against hope that I'd somehow be wrong. I tried to move my arms, but they wouldn't budge. My body felt numb, as if my head had been cut off from it. My neck must've broke, and I was now paralyzed. All I could move were my eyes, so I scanned my surroundings. Just the same old white, the same empty space.

The Anti-Void.

My prison.

I used to hate it, here. I had been left here for whatever reason, unable to escape. I had been driven to madness by the voices that haunted me every step I took. I had been mocked and scolded for wanting so badly to leave, to escape the endless white, to not be alone anymore, and it hurt to recall how miserable I had been. Now, looking out at the endless white, it felt... calming. The silence. The predictability. The safety. No one has found me here since I had been trapped. No had seen what I had endured in this place, but I didn't mind. They might not have been able to get here. Believing that was the only thing holding my newfound and fragile sanity together. If they found out I had been stuck in here, they might pity me. I don't need it. If anybody wanted to pity me, they should have done it when I cared. When I was hoping someone would rescue me. Instead, I was left here to rot.

I don't know how long I hung there, staring out into the endless white, but I was eventually able to move again. I summoned a bone and cut myself free from my strings, falling painfully to the ground. Easing myself up from the ground and flinching as the voices screamed at me, I tried to tune them out as I did before.

'Stupid glitch!'

'Thought you could escape us?'

'You're dumber than we thought!'

'Go do your job, and don't stop this time!'

"But... I don't want to...." I muttered, my voice hollow and empty. I knew arguing wouldn't do anything, but I hoped they would be lenient just this once. Oh, who am I kidding? I don't get a choice, I don't get what I want, and they don't care-

'Error.'

My eyesockets widened. That voice....

'Go to Outertale.'

An image flashed before my vision, and I made a portal to the location. I checked the code, realizing I was in a copy. Surprisingly, the voices were silent. No nagging, no screaming, no 'destroy this waste of space.' Just... silence.

And this place.... I looked around me, taking in the swirling galaxies, the twinkling stars, the comets whizzing past. It was beautiful, breathtaking even. I was standing on a floating island, overlooking a brightly lit town. From the code, I learned it was Stardin, and I could smell cinnamon and sugar wafting up from the bakery in town. I sat down on the edge of the island, folding my hands in my lap and staring up at the stars. Once again, the unexplainable ache of... something, wrapped itself around my chest, constricting my breathing and forcing tears into my eyesockets. I studied the feeling, realizing I missed something, or someone. I longed to see them again, I yearned for something I couldn't remember. I wished I could understand why, why did I miss something I couldn't remember? What had I forgotten?!

I shook my head, resolving to enjoy the peace and quiet as long as I could. There was no telling when the voices would begin their incessant screeching, again.

In the Deity's world....

"That was risky, Destiny," Fate told his younger brother. They had been observing their creation from a window through the fabric of space and time, watching the destroyer and brainstorming ways to reign in Error's insanity. Destiny smiled.

"Of course you would think that. You seem to be very forgetful of late, brother. You left him his love for the stars, so after his little... incident, for lack of a better word, I thought it appropriate to teach him there were places of beauty and peace in an unforgiving and ungrateful multiverse."

Fate could practically taste the bitterness in his brother's words. Of course Destiny would be upset over Error's plight; Destiny's strings were holding the breaking soul in one piece, and they could both sense that Error was unravelling faster with each passing day. He sighed resignedly.

"I know you think his situation is unfair," Fate eyed his brother sympathetically, "but if he didn't have that sliver of kindness-"

"Then he truly would be a monster!" Destiny bit back. "If he didn't have that sliver of kindness, imagine what he'd be capable of. He'd destroy without giving a damn about anything, not caring what or who he hurts, and he would become a bigger threat than either of us could handle! You should have listened to my advice."

Destiny turned and stalked away, his glowing green outline pulsing in agitation. Fate shook his head. His brother was right, partially, but they couldn't reverse time. And destroying universes himself was out of the question; if it was common knowledge that Fate was destroying things in his own multiverse, rumors would spread. He'd attract the wrong attention, and he risked having his multiverse taken from him. He cared very deeply for his creations, especially Inky. He couldn't bear contemplating being forced to watch as his multiverse was destroyed, powerless to rescue Inky from being engulfed in the black flames that would tear the multiverse apart. Because Fate was selfish.

He sighed harshly, returning his attention to the window. Error was his creation, too. His and Destiny's. He had to figure out a way to help him, or make it so he wouldn't give up entirely. It would take some effort, but he had to try.

Meanwhile, in another part of Outertale....

The dying husk of a skeleton trudged through Stardin, unnoticed by the citizens. It looked around carefully for its next host, until it spotted its target. Sans was minding his own business, waving at friends as he walked to Grillby's, unaware he was being stalked. The husk crept up on its victim and grabbed him, dragging him into a darkened alleyway. Removing its shades, the husk revealed its true form: a parasite. The creature latched onto Sans' face as its prey struggled in alarm. Sans tried to scream, tried to get away, but the parasite's old body was able to hold him in place long enough for it to take control. The creature entered Sans' eyesocket, snaking its tentacles around its new host's soul, and pulling it up to Sans' eyesocket to protect itself and keep its host under its control. Once the creature was sure it had complete control of its new host, its old one began to dust, the magic keeping it alive ebbing away. A pile of dust and its clothes were all that were left of the poor skeleton, and the parasite grinned as it donned its preferred attire.

Fresh chuckled as he adjusted his shades. He moonwalked out of the alley, spinning and striking a pose out into the middle of the street. He walked through Stardin with a spring in his step, the newly rejuvenating host's magic strengthening his parasitic body. Ah, how great it felt to be in a new body again! It's been a hot sec since he got new gigs, and he felt so swell, he could breakdance!

But he was bored. Time to see if Starfall had any drama he could stir up! He was about to leave Stardin when he spotted someone. The person was perched high up on an island not far from the mainland, just... sitting there. All alone. Curious, Fresh decided he would investigate. After all, this lonely person seemed like they could use some lighthearted company!

He jumped from floating platform to floating platform, finally reaching the one with the loner on it. He was a bit surprised to find another skeleton, but figured they were just some traveler. As he got nearer, he noted the skeleton was really beat up in places, and there were lines on their face that glowed brightly, practically radiating some very strong magic. Either this skeleton was from a dangerous universe full of lethal hazards, or somebody woke up and chose violence with this guy within range of an outburst. Regardless, Fresh sauntered up to him with a friendly grin, uttering a single word in greeting.

"Heya."

I jumped and glitched in surprise. Turning, I found myself face to face with the strangest skeleton I'd seen thus far. I looked him up and down, shifting uncomfortably under his gaze. There was something... off about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what. I stood up and faced him, mollified a little that I was at least taller than him. He didn't scare me as much, only reaching up to my ribs.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I snapped, prompting him to hold his hands up in surrender.

"Whoa, chill out, broski!" he said, his shades reading 'Bro Chill'. "I jus' saw ya here, all up 'n sittin' by yoself, and t'ought ta myself, hey, what's dat guy doin' up 'ere sittin' all by his lonesome? So's I decided I'd all up 'n fizzity find out, yo!"

I froze, trying to process what he'd just said. Listening to him talk felt like trying to communicate with a person having a stroke, and I narrowed my eyesockets in suspicion. Eventually, though, I decided he didn't look that dangerous, and went back to stargazing. The neon-wearing skeleton plopped down next to me, tilting his head at me like he was asking me a silent question. I noticed he was rather close to me, and scooted away. That seemed to amuse him, and he closed the gap again, sitting too close to me for comfort. I snarled at him.

"What's your problem?!?" He turned to me with a smile, his shades reading 'Heh heh'.

"Aw, nothin'! I jus' wanna get ta know mah new broseph, yo! Name's Fresh, how boutcha?" I jerked back as he extended a hand to me, and his smile faded to a confused frown. He looked down at his hand, then back to me, putting on an encouraging smile. "Hey, it's aright broski. It's just a handshake!"

"Don't fucking touch me!"

"'Whazz wrong, ya afraid o' touchin'? It ain't dat bad, c'mon, I'll show ya!" Once again, he held his hand out. I eyed him suspiciously, hesitantly putting my hand in his. The moment I touched it, though, a shock rocketed up my arm, and I hastily pulled my hand away. The weirdo laughed as I stood up abruptly, backing away. Apparently, he'd gotten hold of one of those buzzer in the hand pranks. I didn't find it funny at all!

The 90's nightmare stood up and casually took a few steps toward me. Panicked, I backed away as he advanced, wondering why he was doing this. Had I offended him somehow? I hadn't met him before today, so that can't be it. Though, I might've destroyed his universe, or killed someone he cared about, so anything's possible.

I backed all the way to the edge of the platform, glitching in fright. Before I could think to say or do anything, he suddenly grabbed the collar of my jacket. I tried to pull away, even sent an attack his way, but he held on. Out of his eyesocket crawled a purple, tentacled creature that looked like if a starfish had an eye with teeth. It reached out with those long tentacles and gripped onto my skull, trying to get into my eyesocket. I clawed at it, trying to pull it off, but was unsuccessful. It got in, and I suddenly went numb, like a puppet.

A few minutes passed, and I heard a screech come from somewhere iside my skull. The creature dropped from my face, writhing in agony, and I watched helplessly as it returned to its host. Before the parasite could try and stop me, I was able to overcome the numbing sensation in my bones and bolt into a portal. I tried to calm my shallow breathing as the familiar white of the Anti-Void came into view, collapsing to the ground as the screams of the voices came back louder than ever. At least I was far away from... whoever or whatever that was.

Over the next few months, more and more enemies crawled out of the woodwork. It was like they spawned in the most inconvenient times and places, though I didn't fully believe that. At least, I wouldn't have started questioning it if I hadn't met the Grim Reaper.

I had been destroying a terrible AU. Sans had committed suicide, which instantly gained my sympathy, and Papyrus was grateful - happy even! - that I had come to end their suffering. I hated every second of destroying that AU, but it lessened the regret to know the people I had killed weren't suffering, anymore. Not like me. They could be killed, whereas I was stuck in an endless spiral of hurting people and being unable to truly pay for my crimes. I had gotten to the castle finally, killed Asgore, and was about to rip the code for this universe apart. A part of me still stung when I killed any parents or children, my soul breaking for them if they have to find out I killed either of them. I tried to kill them as quickly as I could so I didn't have to see how sad and angry they were.

I heard a portal open behind me, and I turned to see a very pissed, cloaked skeleton come up to me. For the God of Death, he was incredibly short, only reaching up to my waist. His weapon, a scythe longer than himself, was drawn, and I prepared myself for a fight. He said nothing to me for a good while, practically boring into my soul with that single, deathly pale eyelight. It might've been unsettling to me in the past, but I couldn't care less, anymore. Who knows? Maybe he could kill me.

"Well, well, well," he drawled, a grin slowly working its way up his face. "I've finally found you."

I rolled my eyelights, disinterested. "Kinda busy right now, maybe come back later?"

"Tch, yeah," he scoffed. "Busy making me and Pap's lives miserable. And for what? Just cuz you can? Poor excuse. I'll bet you enjoy it too, dontcha? Here's the thing, though." He paused, swinging his scythe into attack position. "I've come to reap your soul."

I laughed. Thankfully, it sounded strong and defiant, rather than weak and hysterical like I felt. I turned a smug but tired grin to him, looking him dead in the eye. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, kill me. I'd love to see you try. It's not like people haven't tried, so by all means, succeed where others have failed. Reap my soul, or whatever."

He growled and charged, swinging his scythe up into my ribcage. I didn't even try to dodge, hoping it would be enough to kill me. To my disappointment and Reaper's shock, it only caused me pain.

"Wh-what?" Reaper staggered back, his momentary shock contorting to a dark scowl. He pulled his weapon from my chest, growling lowly in frustration. I collapsed and coughed up blood, and looked up at him. I was on the verge of tears, the blood loss making me dizzy, and a tired smile appeared on my face.

"S-see?" I rasped, coughing every few words. "C-can't... kill me. Not e-even the Reap- Reaper can take me out." I wheezed and coughed, catching my breath as my body started to put itself back together. I stood up and began to walk away as Reaper stared in shock, but he recovered quickly and raised his scythe to strike. He angrily buried it in the vertebrae of my neck, but not even the blade of death could sever it. He stumbled back in complete astonishment when I didn't die or hardly even flinch.

"Wh-what are you?"

I let out a dry, humorless laugh. I turned to smile sadly at him, pulling the code of the universe apart.

"I am Error."

_______________________________________

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

I am gonna try and finish this book soon so I can start on the next ones I have planned. Like that one about Dream, or that other one about Percy Jackson, maybe that one about Swadmare? I dunno, depends on how fast I get done with this book.

SPEEDRUN BITCH-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 477 22
Dream never knew Error personally. Very few did. When she learns he's more than the God of Destruction, when they start to hang out and really get to...
21.2K 642 42
Welp...here it is ๊งโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข๊ง‚ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...
23.8K 1K 38
You always lived your life believing you were normal. The truth is, you were far from it. But with your history of amnesia and mysteriously forgettin...
60.7K 2.9K 41
This isn't a typical sans x reader(now papyrus x reader too). It's got more than that, well at least a different plot device first chapters will be a...