Selfish Escape (Boruto)

By Sumirequeen

*Characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, OCs and plot belong to me This follows the manga More

Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)
Chapter 2: A Place To Belong
Chapter 3: Run In
Chapter 5: Control
Chapter 6: Karma Power
A/N

Chapter 4: Ask No Questions

144 1 0
By Sumirequeen

Kawaki stared at Boruto in shock, Boruto angrily glared at Code, and Code stared back blankly. Not breaking eye contact, Code placed his hand up to his ear.

"As you can see, it's Boruto. He tracked Kawaki there," Eida explained with a sigh. Miyuki shifted her eyes to her older sister, gently playing with the boy who was sleeping on her's hair. "Since you went wild and didn't listen to me, I wasn't able to give you an early warning," Eida said.

Miyuki gently handed Daemon to her older sister. "I need a drink," she plainly said.

"But Kawaki erased his own chakra, right?" Code questioned the oldest of the cyborg siblings. "So how?"

"Who knows? Could be because he's Otsutsuki, or due of Karma? Either way, it seems they have a special bond. I'm jealous," Eida said.

"Kawaki, don't tell me you were using yourself as bait to draw out Code?" Boruto said furiously.

"I told you to stay out of it, Boruto! You're going to get killed!" Kawaki shouted.

"That's my line, idiot! You know how I am! How could I not follow you!?" Boruto retorted.

"Dammit! We're both fools then," Kawaki said, standing up. "Hey, Code! Weren't you taking me somewhere? Ignore him. Let's go."

***

Meanwhile, back in the snowy location, Miyuki was at the bar, ordering Bug to grab her a drink. Because he was scared of what Daemon would do to him if he didn't do as she said, he complied.

She took a sip, sighing after she swallowed. "Hey, Bug, may I ask you something?" she spoke up out of the blue.

"You were going to ask anyway, no matter what I say. So yes," Bug said.

She leaned against the counter. "Do you know why Big Sister has a huge crush on this Kawaki boy?" Miyuki questioned.

"I wouldn't know. I just saw you guys today after years. I had no idea that she was even in love. Maybe because he's an Otsutsuki?" Bug suggested.

"Hmm... Then Uzumaki Boruto would be a candidate, too, right?" Miyuki inquired.

Bug nodded. "I suppose, yes. Why do you ask?" Bug responded.

Miyuki threw her head back. Her hair drapped over the counter. She then brought her head back to Bug, straightening up as she pushed herself off of the counter. "Well, I'll be going back, Bug. Don't drink too much, 'kay?" Miyuki said, heading back to her sister and sleeping brother.

"I should be saying that to you," Bug said, grabbing the cup that Miyuki left on the table. "Can't you three clean up after yourselves?"

***

"Whoa..." Boruto turned to his adoptive brother. "What're you talking about?"

"Butt out, Boruto! Quit interfering in my business!" Kawaki snapped.

"Don't be so reckless! With me here, Dad and the others can track my chakra and come and help us! We just need to hold out 'till then!" Boruto tried convincing Kawaki.

"But that's what I'm trying to avoid! You're missing the whole point!" Kawaki retorted.

"What!?" Boruto's eyes widened.

"I won't let Lord Seventh die! Even if... it costs me my own life!" Kawaki said.

"Kawaki..."

Code pulled his hood over his head, which had a claw mark on it, so he was able to hear Eida. "The others are still mainly searching inside Konoha," Eida said. "But now that Boruto's there, it's only a matter of time before they show up, too."

"Hmph. You've got spunk, I'll give you that. And? What do you think you can do to protect the Hokage, Kawaki?" Code questioned.

Kawaki furrowed his brows. "There's someone who wants to meet me, right? Whoever they are, I wanna talk to them. Since I ain't getting anywhere with you," he said.

Code, knowing that Eida could hear and see what was happening, sighed, knowing full-well what was about to happen. "And here it comes..."

"What!? No way! Kawaki wants to meet me? Oh, my!" Eida said, blushing with her hand over her mouth.

"What is wrong with you, woman!?" Miyuki shouted. Daemon remained asleep, which surprised Miyuki, considering how loud their older sister was being over her "lover".

"H-Hold on... Who?" Boruto inquired.

"You said I was excluded from your vengence list," Kawaki ignored him. "The Code I know would've thought to kill me first. Yet you're letting me off for this person. Which means they've got enough influence to make an Isshiki-obsessed crazy like you obey. Right? So I wanna negotiate with them."

"You're pretty sharp to have realised that on the spot," Code said. "Are you sure? Not that I know or care, but you have no idea what kind of ridiculous command they might throw at you."

"The people who want things from me have never been reasonable," Kawaki said. "I'm used to it." He turned his head slightly to behind him, seeing one of Code's claw marks.

"Well, I was going to drag you there if needed, but you coming willingly is even better. Let's go then," Code said.

"Hold it right there, both of you!" Boruto interjected. "Quit talking over me like I'm not here!"

"Mind your own business, Boruto!" Kawaki shouted at his brother. "Don't mess things up!"

"You're the one doing that, Kawaki! Don't you get it!? Dad would never want something like this!" the blonde shouted back.

"You're the one who doesn't understand! I'm doing this for Lord Seventh! It doesn't matter what he thinks!" Kawaki shouted.

Suddenly, Boruto lunged quickly, punching Kawaki in the face. Kawaki went crashing to the ground as Boruto angrily glared down upon him. Kawaki struggled to push himself up.

"Whoa..." Code murmured.

"What the?" Kawaki shouted, placing his arm up to his face, rubbing it. "What was that for!?"

"I get how much you wanna protect Dad," Boruto said. "However, at the same time, it's my right to protect you! Right, bro?"

"Wha...?" Kawaki's voice was barely a whisper.

"Oh, my! Seriously? That's so hot! Oh, Boruto! Eek!" Eida fangirled, covering her mouth as she blushed furiously.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN!?!" Miyuki shouted, surprised that Daemon hadn't woke up due to Eida fangirling. She pouted. "You're so weird..."

"Otsutsuki Momoshiki's vessel, Uzumaki Boruto, eh? We haven't met before. I'm Code. I worship Otsutsuki and have inherited their grand will," Code introduced.

"You've inherited who's what? You're just an underling. Sorry, not interested in you," Boruto said.

"To be absolutely honest, I rever you. Because Otsutsuki are my faith. They're equivalent to Gods," Code explained.

"Huh?" Boruto questioned, clearly not getting it.

"That's why it pains me to have to feed you to the Ten Tails in order to cultivate the Divine Tree. It's too cruel of a task for a devout follower like me," Code said.

"Heh. Oh, yeah? Not to point out the obvious, but no thanks!" Boruto retorted. "So why don't you call it a day and go home? I don't generally like making assumptions about someone at first meeting, but..." Boruto's Karma activated. "I think it's safe to say that he's a pysco who won't listen to anything I tell him. So my only choice is to kick his butt, isn't it!?"

"Boruto!" Kawaki shouted.

***

In Konoha, Ino was still looking for Kawaki and Boruto. "Nope, can't find him. And I've extended beyond the village, too. No sign of Kawaki," Ino said.

"I see. Could you expand the search perimeter a bit more?" Naruto inquired.

"You know... if he's truly erasing his chakra... I don't think we're ever going to find him like this," Ino said.

"He's on the run with his chakra erased. He's likely beyond the village by now!" Boruto's words rung in the Seventh Hokage's mind.

He looked towards the window. "Boruto?"

"C'mon, Kawaki... where are you!?" Nishi was continuing his search of the Hokage's adoptive son, but he hadn't really moved from the roof of the Hokage's house.

"Nishi! Where's Boruto? I need him," Naruto called.

"Oh! Yes, sir," Nishi said. "Huh...?"

"What is it? Tell me," Naruto ordered.

"Uh... I'm so sorry. It seems he's nowhere nearby," Nishi explained.

"Wha!?"

***

Meanwhile, Boruto lunged at Code, attempting to kick him, but Code easily blocked him. He created a small Rasengan and attempted to hit Code with it. Code went through one of his claw marks, disappearing from sight.

It's that ability of his... to travel between claw marks! Boruto analysed to himself.

"BORUTO, BEHIND YOU!" Kawaki shouted.

Boruto turned as Code came towards him. He attacked Boruto with his modified arm, sending him flying back. Boruto grabbed out some shuriken and threw them towards the only surviving Kara member. Code blocked them as Boruto came crashing down. What he didn't know was that another Boruto appeared behind him. He turned his head just as the second Boruto readied his attack.

"Lightning Style: Thunderbolt!" he shouted, attacking Code with lightning. Kawaki used his arms to protect himself.

"Dammit!" The smoke cleared and Boruto groaned in annoyance. "Claw marks again!" He landed on the ground. "Where'd he go!?"

"I see..." Code spoke up. Boruto turned around and saw Code leaning against a tree calmly. "You prepared a shuriken-transformed Shadow Double-Ganger ahead of time," he said. "Not bad. This is fun, fighting a ninja... However..." Code's White Karma activated. "You're an amateur when it comes to Karma," he said.

A white Karma!? Boruto thought to himself.

Code lunged at Boruto. Boruto went to punch him, but Code easily blocked him. Boruto fell back to the ground. "Ah... ow..." he groaned.

Fast! And strong! Kawaki thought to himself.

Boruto grabbed out shuriken and threw them towards Code. Code kicked him and sent him flying back.

He's no match for Code! Kawaki thought, watching Boruto get his ass beat. No surprise there! That's what I expected.

Code started walking to the hurt blonde boy. "Do you wanna know why you get drastically stronger when you activate Karma?" he questioned innocently. "Increased power and speed from improved physical ability is certainly a major factor, but that alone wouldn't result in such an exponential jump in battle strength. The real reason lies elsewhere. With Karma's true essence."

Karma's... true essence!? Kawaki questioned.

"Which is what the Otsutsuki's combat experience, accumulated over millennia, gets overlaid upon your own mind and body. That's why you get stronger," Code gave the explanation that no one asked for. "In short, you instantly become a seasoned warrior. If you're able to draw on Karma properly, that is." Code proceeded to kick the already hurt Boruto. "Now show it to me. I know you've got more than that," Code said. He placed his foot on Boruto's head. "Show me Otsutsuki Momoshiki's power."

"BORUTO!" Kawaki shouted in worry.

Code showed no emotion as Boruto disappeared. He slightly turned, seeing Boruto looking differently. He was glowing blue. Boruto looked his way, one eye was closed and the other showed the Byakugan.

"There we go. Now we're talking," Code said in excitement.

Kawaki's eyes widened, Eida's narrowed, Miyuki's didn't change, Daemon remained asleep.

Boruto straightened up. Otsutsuki Momoshiki had officially taken over Uzumaki Boruto's body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.3K 56
Read the story!!!!!
21.1K 482 27
This is a fanfic story of OHSHC. I recently started watching this anime.
3.6K 276 23
"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏." . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓...
328 0 17
Hey everyone, I hope you enjoy. None of the demon slayer characters belong to me besides my Oc's. ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ - Death - Blood - Weapons - Cusswor...