You clinched my heart (Black...

By LiaHighkick

Clover Kingdom Academy, the most prestigious school in all of Clover country known for producing elite combat... More

Chapter 1: A chance meeting
Chapter 2: Day of encounters
Chapter 3: Car troubles doubled
Chapter 4: Awkward reunion's
Chapter 5: Hard feeling's
Chapter 6: Race to the starting line
Chapter 7: Grappling with the past
Chapter 8: Dual Vermillion fangs!
Chapter 10: A new Star(ia) has entered the game

Chapter 9: Semi contact fight, Full contact will

200 5 4
By LiaHighkick

In the food truck area outside the building

Yuno and Mimosa made their way back to the locker room after their little ice cream adventure, leaving them more time to talk. The current subject, Yuno rather why didn't he go into combat sports program when he got to high school, "So you aren't going to answer the question?", Mimosa asked with a smile, "Why does it matter?", Yuno replied, trying to dodge answering it, "I mean I guess it doesn't matter, but I want to know", she asked as the two trashed the paper cone that came with the ice cream, "I mean I really don't know what to tell you, I never gave it that much thought", he said as he held the door open for her, "But you gave it enough thought to hide it", Mimosa raised her eyebrow as she passed him, Yuno's cheeks began to burn with embarrassment in response, "Ahhh gotcha", Mimosa giggled as she wagged her finger at Yuno, "Hehe ok ok you got me, you happy?", the lanky teen followed her inside where the two would continue to walk side by side, "Enough about that though, how you feeling about your first fight?", our orange haired heroine popped a question, "I'm nervous, not gonna lie", Yuno nervously rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a strange sort of pit in his stomach and a lump in his throat, "That's normal, happened to me the first time I fought", thoughts of her first ever match up had come back to her, "Really?" "Yeah, but I guess it's a little different since I didn't have to worry about getting kicked or anything like that, so", the reality of the two's differences were brought to light for a moment, leaving them feeling as if maybe there wasn't a ton of relatability. Sensing it, Mimosa decided to try and circle what she was talking about back to Yuno, "I mean I was still super nervous, and I was maybe even more nervous today", some nervous laughter emitted from the girl, "Not used to getting hit for real?", Yuno returned a little bit of the teasing that Mimosa sent his way previously, "Oh so you can make a joke", Mimosa nodded her head with a smile, indicating more so smugness than joy, "And you can be sarcastic", she laughed at his response, "Ok Mr. smart guy, I get it you're witty", Mimosa gave a playful one handed shove while Yuno laughed a bit, "Hey I try", a sarcastic smile had formed on the young man's face as he raised his arms before returning to her side. Mimosa and Yuno kept walking on, as they continued their hands accidentally touched, but instead of retracting them the two's hands over lapped until, "HEY WHAT'S UP GUYS", Asta came between them, adorning a body pad. The two looked at each other and rolled their eyes, "What?", Yuno asked clearly agitated, "Oh this? It's so you can practice your kicks full force on my mid-section", the ash blonde boy answered, patting the stomach region of the pad while he laughed, "Seriously?", Yuno raised an eyebrow, trying to signal for Asta to leave, "Yeah they are pretty useful to practice body work on", Mimosa added, remembering that her mom had used it when she was a kid, "You've used one?", Yuno asked, "Yep, but it was when I was really young", she answered with a head shake.

Although Yuno thought Asta was getting in the way a bit at first, but as they continued and walked as a trio, he appreciated the advice that he was giving him. More in particular aspects of range and how his build would play to that strength, "I'm telling you man, from what I've seen when you were sparing with mars and luck, close range is not your thing man", Asta emphasized the not, trying to drill in the fact that his boxing sucked, "I don't know man I feel pretty good about my boxing, I've been doing work with Mimosa on it", he did a few shadow punches to show his shorter friend, "Dude", Asta stopped and put his hand on his shoulder, "That was terrible", he announced with a blank face, "Hey I didn't think it was that bad", Mimosa tried to defend him, "I mean I guess, but it's going to have to be his backup plan cause it isn't anywhere near as good as his kicks", Asta explained as he stroked his chin, "Why can't you be this critical with your thinking during class?", Yuno cocked an eyebrow as the group finally reached the locker room door, "HEY", Asta raised his arms in anger, "Calm down they don't want to hear you scream first thing back", he pushed the door open.

"Sup", Leo nodded his head at the group as Theresa finished up the bandages for his face, "Sup", Asta raised an arm to return his greeting, "How was the ice cream?", Theresa looked at Mimosa with a smile, "It was good, I got-", she began to talk about it when she suddenly remembered that she and Yuno were supposed to get the old lady ice cream, "OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY, I FORGOT TO GET YOU SSOME", she apologized with a rapid bow, "Ah don't worry kid I'm not really feeling it anymore", Theresa motioned her hand to indicate that she didn't care, "Are you sure?", Mimosa asked, "Yeah yeah, just hope you had a good time", the old lady chuckled causing Mimosa to blush a little. As for everyone else in the room they just brushed past it, and moved to the mat area, "Where are Yami and the other?", Asta asked, "Yami is in the restroom and the others...I don't really know", she shrugged after her answer, "Fine I guess we can just do some basic stuff till they get back", Asta told Yuno who nodded in response, "What do you want to work on?", he asked, "I guess maybe some range set ups", the taller one shrugged, not really having much of an idea of what to do, "Cool, just let me know when you're gonna throw something so I can brace it", Asta instructed, "Nice", Yuno nodded. "Front kick", he said *Pow* a decently clean kick landed, "Ok so I'm guessing you already know this, but when kicking from long range it is ok to let your arms down and then back up to generate more momentum", Asta explained, "Really? Ok", Yuno geared up for another one *POW* the kick definitely felt more powerful than the previous one, "Good stuff, keep going" "Body round house" "*POOW* the shot rang out through the locker room, "Again" *POW* Yuno tried to rapid fire the second one, "So when doing multiple kicks on the same leg, don't try and balance power and speed, it has to be on or the other since you're already let it rip", Yuno once again nodded at the boys instruction, surprised that he was as good at it as he was. 

Theresa, Leo, and Mimosa watched on also surprised that Asta was such a good coach, "Say, was he a big help in your corner kid?", Theresa nudged Leo with her elbow to get his attention, "Oh uh...yeah honestly he was", Leo remembered the advice him and Yami would give him in his fights, "He had a really good understanding of distance", Leo watched as Yuno threw a body side kick, just enough to meet his heel to the body pad, yet still retaining its sound, "I see, guess that makes sense, it isn't exactly like the kid has a lot of reach to work with", Theresa voice her thoughts to her pupils, following Yuno throw kicks which all of them did look clean at least to her, "Can I try a spinning side sick?", Yuno jerked his head in question, "Sure man", Asta nodded so that he could get ready for the kick *POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW* once again it rang out, "How was that?", Yuno asked with a smile, confident that the kick was good, "That was alright", Asta responded to, surprising the others, "Aw what? That kick was great", Yuno complained, "Yeah, the impact was, but it was way too telegraphed, you're throwing it out there just to do it and you aren't doing anything to hide it", the explanation didn't make sense to him though, "Who cares? It's pad work, right?" "I care, cause when you start doing it like that it becomes instinct to do it, and it's going to be harder to fix it when it comes to a real fight", Yuno sighed in defeat knowing that he was right, "Fine, but is there like a way to do that, that is feasible to learn in like an hour?", he asked, "I can show you some set ups to land the kick and from it", Asta nodded, "Like?" "Like this", Asta took the pad off and stood next to him, "So a good way to hide it, is to instead of using your lead leg to kick, spin clockwise off of it so that it's harder to see", Asta did the kick rather fast, "But wouldn't that mean less power?", Yuno raised an eyebrow, "Sure, but if you telegraph it and they see it coming then they can get out of its line and catch you", he raised his eyebrows, "Wanna see some more?" "Sure", the duo continued to work until the other's got back.

"Good to see you kids working", Yami commented as he entered the room along with Charlotte, Jack, Sol, and Sekke, "Yep I was just showing him some ways to cover up some spinning attacks", Asta explained, "Good, cause we're going to work on some combos next", Yami tossed a pair of gloves at Yuno's feet, "Nice, guess I get to make use of that boxing huh Mimosa?", he laughed while looking over at her, "Yep", she cheered for a second, before Asta nudged him with his elbow, "Cut that out", Yuno pushed him so he would shut up, "Whatever", Asta went to sit on the bench with the others, while Yami slipped on the pads to get to work, "Alright we're gonna do what I usually do with Asta, combo's and ramp them up as we go, eventually fitting in weaving for, that sound good?", Yami asked, "Yep" "Good cause I was going to do that any way", the two got to work

"Sekke you and Asta are going to do a bit of touch sparing", Jack pushed his student to his feet so that he could get to it, "But I was thinking that maybe you and I could do some of that?", he nervously messed with his hands, "We can do that some other time, for now it's better for me to observe you and try to find holes in your game that might be exploitable", Jack said, trying to get him to leave his comfort zone once again, much like he did when he sparred with Luck, "Oh ok I was just, y'know- It's whatever", he stood up and strapped on his gloves so that him and Asta could start, "Hey man don't worry this won't be like when we fought", Asta laughed while he slipped his shin guards on, "Hehe yeah", Sekke nervously laughed and got ready squaring up his guard so that he could get ready, "Alright here go's", Asta stepped in a threw a light four punch combo, Sekke shelled up in response to protect his head and when he did Asta immediately began to fury at his body, "Ok ok stop", Jack pinched the bridge of his nose, "What?" "Kid you just shelled up and you barely started", Sekke shook his head in confusion, "I was just waiting for an opening" "Yeah, but if it was a real fight then he would've just swarmed you", Jack said, Sekke just nervously agreed before getting back to it. Soon the usual knock would come at the door, telling our fighters it was their time, "You guys ready?", Yami asked Asta and Yuno, "Yea", Yuno nodded as Asta tied up his gloves, "Sekke you good to go?", Jack asked his only student, "I uh...Yea sure", Sekke gave an unconfident answer, "Then let's go", they left for their fights.

With Sekke

Sekke's head nervously jittered while staring at his opponent, Ina a young man with a similar stature to his own who was currently staring straight across from him, "You two know the rules?", the ref asked only getting a head nod from each student, "Then you may begin", the go ahead was given. Sekke remained on the outside as a start waiting for Ina to come to him, "Watch for micro movement", he kept his eyes trained on his opponents main tell areas, shoulders, hips, and feet to try and watch for slight changes that could give away whether he was going to throw or not. Then a quick low kick came *Check* Sekke reacted nicely and stopped it *Bang* he flicked a quick jab out to find his distance *Smack* Ina caught him at the same time that the jab connected with a straight. Sekke began to move backwards and while he did, he saw Ina load up on an over hand *WOOSH* he ducked out of the way *Smack* *Bang* on the way out Sekke landed a body hook and a cross snapping Ina's head the other way *Crack* Sekke hit an uppercut while his head was still turned and backed away, "He didn't go for a finish?", Jack watched the sequence with little frustration at Sekke not going for it. After he circled back to the center Ina whipped around to chase him *Woosh* Ina threw a lead question mark kick *Pow* Sekke caught him on the supporting leg, toppling him over, "1...", Ina got back to his feet immediately and took a moment to compose himself. As the two began again Sekke maintained his outside position *Pow* a quick tapping calf kick came Ina's way causing him to hobble back for a moment and giving Sekke the signal to move forward *SMACK* Ina caught him with a decent over hand and stumbled him back a little *POP* Sekke threw a teep kick to keep him away *SMACK* he followed his teep with a cross pushing Ina to the side *Woosh* a missed uppercut barely grazed past Ina's head before the bell went off. The two fighters went back to their corners, "Kid you had this in the bag in the opening", Jack criticized him, "I was worried he would try to throw a counter", Sekke finished up drinking his water before Jack spoke again, "Look kid, do you really want to just be subpar?", he asked, "What?" "You had a finish, and you didn't take it" "I know but I was just a little on edge", Jack just shook his head, which made Sekke feel a little bad, "I-" "Come on to the center", the ref stopped him from continuing and beckoned him on

As the second round began Sekke went with a slight over aggressive approach *Bang Bang* *Smack* he connected on a one, one two combo on the guard of Ina *Woosh* Ina responded by trying to throw a check hook that, but Sekke got out of the way by leaning back *Crack* he countered with an uppercut. Ina immediately retreated and shelled up against the ropes, Sekke followed him and ripped a good leg kick *Bang Bang Bang* he landed a set of jabs on the guard again. He cocked his arm back for a power shot *SMACK* Ina caught him in between with an over hand *WOOSH WOOSH* Sekke tried to get away before Ina ripped a good body kick *POW* Sekke hunched over, feeling the wind leave his body *Crack* *Smack* Ina hit an upper cut cross that sent him reeling back *Swish* Sekke moved out of the way of a looping cross and clinched *Bang bang bang* letting knees rip to the body Ina groaned and pushed away *Crack* as he did Sekke caught him with an elbow at the end *POP* he followed with a head kick wobbling Ina. Seeing his moment Sekke put the pressure on *SMACK* *BANG* *CRACK* connecting a straight, body jab, uppercut. Setting Ina against the ropes for him to go into a barrage *CRACK* but he was stopped by Ina throwing yet another panic overhand, knocking Sekke over, "1...2...3...4...5", as he sat on his butt, he looked up at his opponent who was pacing back and forward for him to get back up, "6...7...-", the count stopped when he got back to his feet, "You ok?" "Yeah" "Alright, go ahead", the fight was started back up, leaving Sekke on the defensive, "Ok you made a mistake it happens, you're still better than this guy", he kept his guard raised and slowly circled his opponent *Pow* he threw a very uncommitted low kick. He kept the distance between them just popping weak low kicks. That was until he threw one more and *BANG* *SMACK* Ina took it and walked through it, catching him with a one two while his hands were down. Sekke began to shell and back up *BANG BANG BANG* Ina hounded on his guard, Sekke pushed him off *SMACK* Ina got him with a straight while his arms were out which snapped his head back. Ina stepped in and began to hit him with a barrage of hooks, most of which landed on the guard *BRRRRR* the bell went off before Ina could finish it. "Bad round got caught a few times", Jack nodded to acknowledge the faults of the round, "But he does bad up close", Sekke shook his head, "He keeps trying to get in though", he dismissed his coach's assessment of the opponent, "Sure but he keeps shelling up so he can load a power punch when he does, so I think that the best counter is to clinch very heavily", Jack patted his student on the back as the third round was about to start

The final round was underway and Sekke thought about the advice Jack gave him, "Just have to clinch well", he nodded as he stayed on the outside, waiting for Ina to come to him. Sure, enough the boy began his forward march at Sekke throwing a few jabs to get in *Bang bang* *WOOSH* he swung a power hook and Sekke responded by teeping his knee *Smack* after it landed, he threw a lead hook to help him set up a circle away, "Wait for my moment" *Woosh woosh* *POP* Ina used a few punches to set up a low kick, causing Sekke to hobble on it for a second, "NOWS MY CHANCE", he geared up for a power shot before he got grabbed by the back of the head into a clinch  *BANG BANG BANG* he let a few knees to the body go as Ina pulled away *Pow* Sekke caught him at the end with a body kick making him hunch over slightly *Bang* *Smack* he hit him with a one two to follow up, but when he noticed Ina glaring at him, he backed away. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", Jack yelled with his head in hand causing him to look over to his corner*Smack* Ina caught an uppercut, but it lacked much power only snapping Sekke's head back slightly. As he backed up Ina chased and once again got clinched *Bang* *Smack* *Pop* a knee, hook, knee caught Ina in the body as Sekke pushed him into the ropes holding him there until the ref broke it up. After the two were reset and forced to engage with each other again Ina again moved forward *WOOSH* an overhand barely missed and Sekke clinched again *Bang Bang* He threw two knees, the last one hitting as Ina broke the clinch. Ina again tried to swing heat at him and got clinched for his efforts *Smack* *Crack* Sekke hooked his body and switched to a one arm clinch and hit a knee to his head, stumbling him back. Ina panicked and tried to throw his overhand again, "Does this guy seriously not learn?", Sekke scoughed and clinched up hitting him with a few knees to the body. Sensing the fight was almost over he pushed him against the ropes again, getting boos from the crowd *BRRRR* the bell went off to signal the end of Sekke's first fight. Which he was proudly prancing around the ring before the ref grabbed him for the official decision, "This fight has gone the distance, and it has been scored a split decision", the ref announced, getting Sekke worried, "First score card reads 29-28 in favor of Sekke", he continued to stare at the ref, nervous of the outcome, "The second score card reads 29-28 in favor of Ina", what felt like a millions years passed as the ref got ready to read the final card, "And the final one reads 29-28 giving you your winner Sekke", the young man let out a sigh of relief before leaving the ring, "Kid you had a finish on your hands multiple times" "I know, I just got really nervous", Sekke explained to him, "I get it kid, but if you're ever going to be more than you are, you really need to learn how to bite down and throw", Jack told him, walking on ahead, "Yeah...sorry", he nervously followed his disappointed mentor

With Yuno

Yuno walked out hearing people whisper about him, "Isn't that the son of that space program?" "Yeah, the ones that sponsored clovers first shuttle" "Why is someone like him here", many questions about the boy arose likely stemming from his parents, "What are they talking about?", Asta raised an eyebrow as he looked around the crowd, "They're talking about my mom and dad, but I guess that should be normal", the crowds doubts didn't dampen the young man's resolve though, only fanning a fire to prove them wrong, "I'm gonna prove why I'm here though", he smiled. "Introducing first representing Clover Kingdom Academy, the son of the third most valuable space conglomerate in the world Yuno Grinberryal", the ref announced him giving the crowd confirmation on who he was, "THIRD MOST VALUABLE? LIKE WORLDWIDE", Asta yelled with his hands on his head in surprise, "Thought your name sounded familiar", Yami chuckled at Asta's reaction, "You've heard of em huh?", Yuno looked over to him, "I've only really seen a few things on the news, so don't worry", the trio turned their heads back to the ring. When they finally made it and Yuno was making his way up the steps, he decided to have a look at the crowd for himself. Mostly finding people who didn't seem very enthused that he was fighting, save for one orange haired girl cheering him on, "YOU'VE GOT THIS YUNO", Mimosa looked at him with fists pumping into the air, "Thanks", he thought before getting into the ring to settle into his corner, "Introducing second representing Golden Dawn private school Alecdora Sandler", a young man with a similar build to Yuno with dark green hair walked out of the opposite entrance. Alecdora maintained a stone face on his walk to the ring, constantly staring his opponent down, "Cutthroat kid", Yami commented on the boy's attitude, "Kind of like you", Asta tacked on, "Whatever man", Yuno smiled making his way to the center to meet him, "Ok here are the rules, this bout will be contested over three, 3minute rounds, no blows to the groin, back of the head, or spine, clinching is allowed, but will be broken up if both combatants are too inactive, am I clear" "Yes", Yuno answered, but Alecdora kept his death stare with the ref backing the two up, "THEN BEGIN", the signal to start was given.

Yuno didn't move forward and only circled to begin, while Alecdora moved forward, *Pop* Yuno stopped him with a lead side kick, "Ok manage your distance and counter strike", he remembered the gameplan that Asta put together for him, Alecdora got pushed back a bit, but continued forward after recovery *WOOSH* he threw a looping cross to which Yuno shoulder rolled it *Bang* he clinched in response to the miss and kneed him in the stomach *SMACK* Alecdora landed an over hand causing Yuno to break the clinch, "Damn it I was only able to get one knee off", Yuno thought as he began to circle away *POW* Alecdora landed a lead body kick, the power being increased by Yuno moving into it, "OH", he hunched over, feeling what it was like to be kicked like that for the first time, "Even with shin guards it hurts that much", Yuno watched Alecdora close the distance *Woosh Woosh* the green haired kid threw a few meek combos to the head, Yuno rolled away from most of them until *POW* a hard low kick connected right above the knee to the back of his thigh, "SHIT", he tried to back away *BANG SMACK* a jab cross landed on his head gear pushing his head back *POW* Alec landed a hard body kick after and began to get in again *CRACK* Yuno landed a lead uppercut and initiated another clinch *Bang bang* a couple knee's landed, but when he shot for a third one *SMACK* *CRACK* Alec threw a body hook and an overhand, "AGAIN?", Yuno backed away *WOOSH* Yuno barely managed to get out of the way of a head kick *POP* he threw a front kick to an off balance Alec causing him to fall over. He popped right back up and began to fury at him again *Smack* *Pow* Yuno slipped a to the inside of a straight and hit a cross low kick *Pop* he backed up with a side kick to get the distance between the two back, "He's good, damn good", Yuno switched to a south paw stance and threw a body kick that Alec caught.

Yuno got swept clean off his feet *BRRRR* the bell went off, and for what he could guess Alecdora won the first round. "Pretty back and forward, but considering the sweep and the overhands he clacked you with, pretty likely that he won the first", Yami sighed, sure it was the kids first time, but he was still getting back into the flow of how a fight feels, "Made some mistakes man, when you get into the clinch tuck your head close to his so that overhand doesn't land, and don't constantly back up in a linear line it makes it easier for him to dictate the fight, but moving left and right helps open up your spin kicks", Yuno nodded, but was surprised by his friends understanding of his situation so fast, "He's a slow poke in class, but when it comes to this stuff, it's like he's a doctor", the lanky teen thought while turning his neck in circles, "Anything else?" "He's really boxing oriented so try and disrupt his combos so that you can change it to a more kick-oriented fight" "OK", Yuno left the corner for the second round.

Round two had begun and the opening approach for Yuno had changed, he began to close in and ripped a body kick *Crack* Alec checked it with his elbow, "OH FUCK", Yuno quickly retrieved his leg which wobbled when he brought it back down *SMACK* a clean straight snapped his head back again and in response Yuno threw a lead hook *Woosh* Alec ducked it and was coming up for an uppercut *CRACK* Yuno stopped him by clinching and throwing a big knee, stumbling him back *Bang* *POW* A jab into a body kick followed giving Yuno a moment to back up, "Move sideways", he thought as he began to move from side to side while backing up, Alec recovered and once again started his march forward. Yuno threw a leg kick when he stepped in causing Alec to stop for a moment, and Yuno let a side kick to the body rip causing Alec to back up a bit. Yuno took note and closed in *Bang* *Smack* *Bang* utilizing a blitz combination he snapped his head back with each punch, Alec clinched to stop him and hounded a few knees to the body before breaking away *CRACK* as they broke, he landed a good elbow pushing Yuno to the side *Pop* a quick calf kick came after *BANG* *SMACK* *SMACK* A jab cross body hook combo caused Yuno to hunch over a bit *SMACK* *SMACK* he shelled up to protect his head, *Bang* Alec clinched and kneed him to the body in response, Yuno pushed him off *Smack* a lead hook caught Alec when he tried to reenter, spinning him around a little which gave Yuno time to circle back to the center of the ring *Woosh woosh* Alec threw a jab cross that Yuno rolled with *POP* a sidekick followed all the way through pushing Alec a good distance away, "He's about to throw heavy", Yuno watched Alec faint twice in a row, with obvious tells such as a fake turn of the hips and loading of the shoulder. Alec set his back foot down and pushed off of it giving Yuno the perfect moment to counter, when he finally tried to blitz in

Yuno knocked him down, and while he hadn't landed a hard head strike for it. It was significant *BRRR* Yuno leaned over and smiled at Alec, who had begun to get back to his feet. The two then retreated to the corner, "Good stuff man, you kept you range good, but his boxing is still clearly better than yours", Yami patted him on the back, "Thanks", Yuno nodded, "His checks aren't looking too good, so try to rip lower kicks more often" "What about when it's close?" "Well, you aren't exactly the best boxer, but he does duck his head pretty often when slipping and when throwing power shots, like the uppercut he got you with" "How do I deal with it then?" "Time a knee up the middle, which with the length of your legs shouldn't be a problem", one more nod and a sip of water, then Yuno was off for the final round.

"Final round", Yuno started more like the first this time and circled to the left *Swish* Alec threw a jab out, but Yuno noticed that it was much slower than the ones he was throwing earlier giving him time to slip it *Bang* *Smack* Yuno leaned into a jab body straight and moved backward *Pop* Alec tried to follow him with a slow straight and got caught right in the center of his stomach with a lead side kick, "What happened?", Yuno raised his arms in confusion. Alec chose to ignore it and move forward again *Woosh woosh* *smack* Yuno again rolled away from the head shots but got caught with a low kick at the end. Yet it didn't feel as bad as the first few he had taken, "What happened to the guy? He seemed like he had heat", Asta raised an eyebrow at Alec's sudden lack of power, "Kid tired himself out" "Huh? he literally threw one maybe powerful combo, but that was it", Yami closed his eyes, "Sure, but he was swinging heat the entire two rounds before, and probably empty the tank when he had Yuno on the ropes", the explanation prompted Asta to look back into the ring. Yuno and continued to circle around Alec occasionally letting a body kick and a sidekick go, so that he could keep him away, "What happened to him?", more thoughts about the guy's bad power came by until the answer suddenly came to me, "You're tired aren't you?", Yuno asked, "What?", Alec tried to play it off, but underneath the head gear he was sweating quite a bit, "You're too tired to go much harder, aren't you?", he smiled, "No I'm not", Alec responded "Oh ok", Yuno shrugged *SMACK* a low kick slammed into Alec's thigh causing his leg to hobble *SMACK* another came *Smack* and another, "Shit I gotta do something", Alec tried to figure out a way to end the fight, knowing that he had lost the last two rounds, "AH fuck it", Alec jumped forward and winged an over hand

The knee Asta would be there was, and to make it worse his knee fit right at the gap under the chin of the head gear, "1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10, IT'S OVER", Yuno walked off after the count, proud that he had proven to the crowd that he was legit, "HAHA GOT HIM", Asta leaned over the roped, leaning back and forward, "Picture perfect knee, good stuff", Yami shook his head in approval. Yuno and Alecdora were brought to the center for the official decision, "Now is time for the official decision, and your winner by way of knock out in the third, Yuno Grinberryal", the ref raised his hand while he just nodded, "Good start kid", Yami patted him on the back, "SERIOUSLY AWESOME KNEE", Asta did the same for a little, but way harder, "CUT THAT OUT MAN", Yuno smacked his arm away, "Hey I'm just trying to be supportive", Asta shrugged, "Whatever man", Yuno brushed past him to leave the ring, "Welp at least he wasn't that mean", Asta shrugged and followed him

When the three had begun making their way back, Yami had went ahead of the two boys to take yet another smoke break, leaving them by themselves on the way back to the locker room. The subject of the moment, Fragil's party and how they would be attending, "My mom said that I could maybe take the car, but if I pick everyone up, they'll need to pitch in for gas", Asta said, moving his mouth awkwardly to the side feeling bad that he had to charge his friends for gas again, "I mean that's not really a problem most of us have the money", Yuno shrugged wanting his friend to know that it was ok, "I know, but I feel kind of bad that I have to say something like that, feels like I'm taking advantage of that", he rubbed the back of his head, "I mean she does do that for everyone else, so it's not like we're the only ones paying, and your friends don't ask us to pay more cause we have more so it's really not that big a deal", a final bit of assurance let Asta relax before moving on, "Still though, would be cool if I could just take you guys without worrying about it", he sighed, "Speaking of the party, you  think that uh...Mimosa would go with me?", Yuno quickly sputtered out realizing that he didn't want Asta to answer in the middle of saying it, "OOOOOOOO", Asta  "Hey guys wait up", Mimosa's voice called out for the two, "Oh hey it's your girlfriend", Asta held his hand over his mouth, not letting peeps of laughter come through, "Shut up", Yuno shoved him upside the head while Mimosa approached the two, "Hey Yuno", Mimosa waved when she got to them, getting a slight smile out  of Asta, "What?" "Oh, nothing I just realized that I dropped my wallet, and I was about to go get it", he nudged his friend one more time before leaving, "You're not going to go help him?", Mimosa lifted an eyebrow, "Nah he's got it", Yuno assured her, "Oh ok", she titled her head with a confused smile, "Anyway I just wanted to congratulate you on your first win", Mimosa smiled with her hands behind her back, "Thanks", Yuno blushed, "No problem, I mean the way you tiered him out was pretty genius" "I mean I learned from the best", he joked in clear reference to her last fight, "I would be inclined to agree, but y'know", she pointed both of her index fingers at her bandaged face, "I mean you still look pretty good", a slight bit of awkward flirting came from him, "Reall? Uh thanks", Mimosa's cheeks also began to burn up a little. "Mimosa so hey-", Yuno was about to ask her a question before someone interrupted him by wrapping their arms around the two, "Asta I thought you-", Yuno shirked the arm off of him and turned around to see the guy with black and white hair, "Sup", he smiled, "Wait a minute you're that Rhya guy", Yuno raised his arms to a long guard, "That would be me", Rhya stroked his chin while looking at the two, both of which were ready to fight with him, "Don't worry I'm not here to fight honest", he said to try and put them at ease, "At least not yet", he approached Yuno to do a bit of a size up, "You got some promise I guess", Rhya stroked his chin as he circled him to inspect the young man, "You've also got a pretty nice build too", he backed away to get a full body view of him, "Say what would you think about joining Golden Dawn Academy?", the question caused Mimosa to widen her eyes, "AS IF", she once again raised her arms, "Can it lady this is between me and him" "Don't talk to her like that", Yuno did the same, "Calm down dude, I'm just making an offer", a chuckle followed his statement, "If that's it, then beat it", Yuno glared, "Fine I'll go, but give my offer some thought don't just ignore it", Rhya waved before leaving. Mimosa and Yuno had some nervous sweat on their foreheads, "Man that was tense", Mimosa let out a sigh of relief after he left, "Tell me about it", Yuno agreed, "Anyway what were you going to ask me?", Yuno's cheeks began to flush a little, "I was just going to ask if you were going with Asta in his car?", he said, not being able to find to courage after what had happened , "Oh", Mimosa's face just blanked in disappointment, "Nah I'll take my car", she answered, "Hehe yeah", Yuno just laughed to try and brush past it, "Guess we should head to the locker?" "yep"

The two awkward teenagers walked along, but this time in mostly silence. When they made it back, they saw everyone aside from Yami and Asta there, "Cool looks like you're finally back", Sekke snarked as he practiced a few kicks on pads with Jack, "Where's Asta?", Leo asked, "He went to go look for his wallet", Yuno answered, grabbing a water bottle from his bag, "But his wallet is right here", Sol chuckled while pointing at his bag, and in the net pocket on the side was his wallet, "Oh maybe he forgot", Yuno responded, trying to find some justification as to why he didn't join them, "Anyway, you should get to work since the lady came by and said that your fight would start a little bit earlier", Leo said, "Why?" "She said that the guy ended his match pretty early", Yuno nodded, but felt a little bit uneasy since Asta and Yami weren't present to help him. Mimosa noticed it and began to think up of a way that she could help him, she finally settled on helping him with his boxing, "How about I help improve your boxing?", she voiced her thoughts, "That would actually be really helpful, thanks", he nodded while walking over to the mats, Mimosa for her part grabbed hand pads to help him practice. "Ok so I think brushing up on some hand focused footwork would help", Mimosa explained as she made a few basic movements, "What do you have in mind?", Yuno asked, "So I was thinking starting off basic and progressively getting more complex, for right no jus step, step, right, back, left step step", she acted the motion out as she explained it, "Ok so like this?", Yuno followed rather well, not having a clear bad part, "Good, now do that and we'll progressively add more stuff", she nodded watching as Yuno played it out a few times, "Good now add a jab for your first step, a cross for your second step and pivot out", once again she tossed some instructions his way, of which he followed them rather well. This continued for a while, that was until Yami had comeback with Asta in tow, "Looks like you've been busy", Yami walked over to them holding a square pad, "Yeah, Mimosa has been helping me with my boxing", Yuno nodded as he slipped a few shots, "Good, it's definitely your weak point, but now we need to get you to chain them into your kicks", Yami patted him on the shoulder, signaling for Mimosa to step aside, "Actually I think that maybe focusing on my boxing, it IS the weakest part of my game", he responded, looking over to Mimosa, "This is kickboxing not hand fighting kid, you gotta learn to use them congruently", Yami slipped held the singular square pad, "Why just that? It's really small", Yuno raised a questioning eyebrow at his methods, "We need to focus on what you're really good at, flashy spinning stuff", the answer still didn't seem to satisfy him, "You need to hit this pad in the center consistently, helps with your accuracy", Yami motioned for him to go, "What do you want me to throw?", he asked, "Any spinning attack should work", Yami nodded, "Ok". Yuno danced around a bit before letting a lead leg spinning back kick go *Pow* he caught the pad with the end of his foot, "You're trying to move away while you're doing it, try moving forward with it", Yuno nodded and tried to do as he was told *Pow*. Yami shook his head at the lack of power, "What?" "You keep moving back on instinct", he nodded his head, understanding that it was likely coming from taekwondo that was making him that way, "So how do I fix that", Yuno asked. And to be fair it was a good question, "I think I know", Yami stroked his chin as he looked over at Mimosa, "What?" "You need to merge you kicking into your boxing, help yourself get into a range that gets your kicks the power that they need, but in order to kick while moving forward, the confidence that being able to box well is something that's going to help" "Ok and?" "And that means Asta's out and you're in", he pointed at the orange haired girl, "What?", Mimosa shook her head in confusion, "You're going to be the one that helps him get comfortable with moving forward on the front foot, and set up his spinning kicks from his punches", Yami clarified, "So when she tells you to punch, I'll instruct you when to kick and vice versa", he continued to explain to the two, "Ok then let's do it", he clapped for them to get to work.

Sekke worked on some simple shadow boxing, that was until Jack began to speak, "Sekke how about you work some offense with Asta", his coach suggested, giving his student a concerned look, "I mean I guess, but like how?", Sekke showed worry about going with him again, "I was thinking that Asta can work defense and you work the offense, since I noticed that while your defense is good your offense is a little lacking", Jack tried to put it in a way that wouldn't hurt his feelings. But as well as Sekke thought he could hide it; it was still a bit clear that it got to him, "Yeah ok, that's fine I was thinking the same too", he awkwardly nodded as Asta stepped onto his part of the mat, "You ready to go?" Asta asked, "Sure", Sekke lifted his arms into the standard Thai guard. He started off with stepping in and throwing a one two body hook combo *woosh* *woosh* *Tack* Asta rolled out of the way of the first two and used his elbow to push, seeing that he leaned away Sekke tried to throw a low kick *Check* Asta stopped it and threw a weak poke at Sekke's face, "You dropped your hands to do that and kept them down, don't do that", he told his peer as the two returned to a neutral distance. It continued like this for thirty minutes, before the knock at the door had come. "Looks like it's time", Jack stretched, "Guess it is", Yami smiled, "Now let's go out and crush em", the group focused their hands into a circle, "3...2...1 LETS GO MAGIC KNIGHTS", they all chanted before leaving the room.

With Yuno

Yuno banged his gloves together during the final walk out for the day, "Ready?", Mimosa asked him, "Yep", he smiled at her, "Cool it, we got to have our heads in the game", Yami chuckled at the two's clear 'I like you' energy as they began walking out, "YUNO YUNO YUNO", the crowd chanted for the young man, watching him slowly make his walk to the ring, "Introducing first, representing Clover kingdom Academy Yuno Grinberryal", the ref announced him for the last time today, "Hope you're ready", Yami looked over at Yuno who had a blank look on his face, "I'm fine, just a little excited to finish this", he nodded, "Please just be safe, ok?", Yuno turned his head to see Mimosa smiling at him, "Hey Mimosa can I talk to you after this?", he asked, "Sure, just make sure you though", a slight giggle. Yuno finally got to the steps of the ring, bouncing up and down for a moment, "Go get em", Yami pushed him onto the steps. Yuno stared at the other end of the ring, waiting for his opponent to be brought out, "Introducing second representing Golden Dawn private academy David Swallow", the ref announced his opponent, another young man with a similar build, this time a blonde greaser fade. David made a slow stride to the ring, keeping a smug smile on his face while he did so, "Seems like the kids got confidence", Yami smirked, "Who cares? doesn't change what I have to do", Yuno rolled his neck around as he kept his eyes on David. He made it to the ring, but before getting between the ropes he stared Yuno down. "He's trying to intimidate you", Mimosa lifted an eyebrow, "I could tell", he tried to laugh him off and seem cool to her

David got in and when he did, the two were brought to the center of the ring, "I assume you know the rules?", the ref gave them both quick glances, "Yes", both answered together, "Alright then, BEGIN". The first round started, and Yuno took up an aggressive approach *Bang bang* he jabbed David's guard before *Smack* he threw a rear hook to his body *Woosh* Yuno tried to jab after, but David slipped it to the outside *crack* a rather weak uppercut cracked him clean *Smack* it was then followed by a cross causing Yuno to back away *Pow* David ended his combo with a low kick, causing Yuno's leg to wobble a little when he put weight back on in. David began to close in with a straight *SWISH* "HUH?", David's eyes widened while witnessing Yuno shoulder roll it *CRACK* an upper came in the opening that the roll gave Yuno *POOOW* he followed up with a spinning back kick knocking off balance *Pop* he tapped a calf kick and David began to move back. Yuno began to box in throwing a few jabs *Smack* he hit him with a straight to the body, causing David to hunch over, "Now's my chance", Yuno geared up for an upper cut *SMACK* David caught him with a hook right on the liver, dropping Yuno to one knee, "1...2...3...4" "NO", Mimosa popped up from her stool, watching him stay on one knee, "5...6" "YUNO GET UP", she slammed her hands on the apron over and over, trying to get his attention. On his end, ears were ringing, body felt like it had just gotten shocked by a taser, "YUNO PLEASE GET UP", a sudden cry for his name brought him back to reality. Looking over his shoulder, he saw Mimosa screaming for him to continue, but it was painful, every time he tried to move something it felt like his body shocked him for trying, "GET UP GET UP GET UP", her voice was still the only clear thing he could hear, "Hey mimosa can I talk to you after this?" "Sure, just make sure you win", Yuno thought about their conversation before the fight started, "Damn it", he gritted his teeth, "7...8", looking over his shoulder one more time he could see that she was still cheering for him, "I CAN'T LOSE HERE", trying one more time to pull himself up, "9..." "NO NO NO", Yuno pulled himself back to his feet at the last second, "YES", Mimosa yelled in relief, "You ok? Can you still go?", the ref asked, "Yeh", Yuno quickly nodded his head, "Ok then go", the positions were reset and the two circled each other. "Got you pretty good, didn't I?", David mocked him, "No", Yuno tried to keep his cool and threw out a few jabs *Bang* *Swish* David parried the first one and slipped on the inside of the first. This time Yuno clinched him *Crack* he hit David with a knee to his head *Bang* he followed with one to the body before David pulled away *POW* Yuno got him with a body kick and tried to go in *SMACK* David caught him with a hard straight to the body, dropping him again *BRRRRR* the round ended. "Rough round", Yami chuckled, "I know", Yuno lowered his head. Mimosa recognized that look, it was the same one she had after she lost the second round to Dazu, "Hey look at me", she tapped him on the shoulder, "Yeah?" "Come on dude you got this far, it would be a waste to give up", the last two words bothered Yuno, "I'm not giving up...Not yet", he took large breathes in between each word, "Hate to break it to you kid, but you don't got much left", Yami poured water into his mouth, "What?", Yuno lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "He got you clean on the liver and the solar plexus, when you get hit there, your entire core basically goes out on you and without your core you useless", as he listened to Yami's explanation, "I'm honestly surprised you got up kid, but you need to finish this now or you're done", Mimosa stared at Yuno, a new worried expression forming, "You think you can end this here?", Yami asked. And for a moment there was no answer, "Do I?", Yuno asked himself. And he meant it, could he keep going? His body felt like it was gonna give out on him, "Hey come on don't think like that", Mimosa tried to comfort him, "but-" "No buts, you told me you'd win right?", her question while rhetorical, did make him think, "I did..." "Then go out and do it", she pushed him forward, "I will".

The second round began as Yuno made it back to the center where he and David stared each other down, "I'm ready to get you out of here", his opponent mocked him. Yuno didn't say anything, his side hurting him so bad that even talking would sting, "Nothing to say?", he remained silent, "Fine, just don't be too mad when I crumple you", David began to move forward *Bang bang* he snapped Yuno's head back with a few jabs *WOOSH* David tried to follow up with a body hook, but Yuno stepped away *Pow* David caught him with a low kick right above the knee, giving him time to step in. Yuno grabbed him by the neck and clinched *Bang Bang* two knees connected *Smack* David hit him in the stomach with a straight making him let go *Crack* he shot back up with an upper cut *Smack* another straight to the solar plexus dropping him, "NO", Mimosa threw her head back, "1...2...3...4", Yuno felt it again, that searing shock hitting his body, "Damn it", he lowered his head to the floor, "No I have to win", he brought himself to one knee, "6...7...8", eventually he got back to his feet, "Can you continue?" "Yes", Yuno nodded, his vision beginning to blur, "Ok then start". David smirked, watching Yuno trying to meet him, "You done star boy?" "Shut...up", Yuno heaved in between the words, "Fine, I'll just finish this now", he loaded up on a power shot, lowering his head. "Now", Yuno stomped his lead foot as hard as he could before

He caught him with a spinning back kick to the head, slumping him face first, not needing a count. "It's over", the ref got between the two, "YES", Mimosa jumped onto the apron and got into the ring, "YOU DID IT", she tried to latch onto him, but the lanky teen fell over onto his back and looked at the ceiling, "OH MY GOD", she knelt to his side, "ARE YOU OK" "I...feel...like...shit", Yuno huffed out, "Ha", Yami came from behind her, "What?" "I thought you were about to get finished, but you pulled one out", he stroked his chin, staring at the young man, "Reminds me of a certain loudmouth", Yuno smiled, understanding what he was implying, "Heh...Aweso-", his mouth sudden filled with liquid and he threw up on the canvas, "ARE YOU SERIOUS? ANOTHER CLEAN UP", the ref complained, ushering them to leave the ring.

With Sekke

Sekke bounced up and down to try and calm his nerves, staring at his opponent. Xerx Lugner, a guy with a similar build to his own standing across from him, a cold death glare coming his way. "You two understand?", the ref asked, but Sekke hadn't been paying attention since Xerx glare was all that he could focus on, "What?", he turned his attention back to the ref, "The rules, do you understand them or do you need me to give you another rundown?", the ref lifted a brow at him, "Oh no I know them already", Sekke nodded, "Alright, then you two may begin". The round started off with Sekke remaining on the outside so that Xerx would try and come to him, on Xerx end he began a march forward with a pretty low guard, "Should I go in?", Sekke asked himself as his opponent kept going straight with his hands low, "Screw it", Sekke stepped forward and planted his lead foot *POW* Xerx caught him with a hard low kick *Smack* he threw a hook to the body causing Sekke to clinch annd unlike many before him, he was aware of the need to keep their heads tight connected *Bang* he landed one knee to the body before elbowing him and circling away. "Ok good start", he and Xerx made eye contact again with him nodding. Xerx began to once again move forward *Pop* he caught Sekke with a teep straight to the stomach, Sekke moved to the right to get off of his line *Pow* catching him with a low kick *Pow* following with a body kick Sekke began to close in for a cross *Crack* Xerx ducked and caught him with an elbow, "Nope", Sekke backed away *Smack* Xerx got him with a straight to the body. Sekke hunched over, feeling it *WOOSH* he barely managed to move his head out of the way of a knee *Crack* Xerx caught him with an uppercut *Bang* snapping his head back with a jab, Sekke grabbed him for a clinch *Bang Bang Bang* *Crack* he elbowed on the break *POW* but Xerx caught him a hard body kick again forcing him to hunch over *Crack* *Smack* *Bang* he rushed Sekke with an uppercut, cross, hook combo knocked his head around causing him to try and get away. Xerx kept the pressure on and swung for his head *Woosh* *Swish* *Woosh* Sekke managed to use his head movement to evade his boxing, but after an upstairs barrage it took the focus off of the lower body *POP* a hard low kick swept one of his legs from under him *Smack* as he fell Xerx hit him with a lead hook, toppling Sekke over fully, "1...2...3", Sekke popped back up and shook his head, "Can you keep going?" "Yeah" "Ok go", the two reset positions, "Man you're a real disappointment", Xerx said with a cold tone, "What?", Sekke raised an eyebrow, "When I say the performances of your teammates, I thought that CKA was beginning but after meeting you I think I was wrong", Sekke gritted his teeth at his answer, "What?", Xerx asked him, "Have something to say?" "SHUT UP", Sekke yelled, "Oh no", Jack face palmed, knowing what was coming. *WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH* Sekke swung at Xerx wildly dipping his head *CRACK* Xerx caught him with a knee up the middle, badly wobbling him. "KEEP YOUR HANDS UP, MOVE AWAY", Jack yelled and for the first time Sekke listened *Woosh* he dipped out of the of an over hand *CRACK* but got caught with an uppercut snapping his head back. Xerx followed with a straight, but Sekke saw it and slipped it and clinched *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* Xerx let a quick-fire of knees go and caused Sekke to let go. On the break Xerx threw a jab and Sekke tried to weave to parry with his back hand and

*POOOOW* as it turned out, the jab was a ploy to get Sekke to drop his hand, leaving his chin open for a high kick that crumpled him, "1...2...3...4" GET UP KID", Sekke looked over as his vision began to fade, "5...6...7" "PLEASE KID COME ONE", Sekke put two hands on the canvas to try and push himself up, "8...9", but it was to no avail, his arms gave out and his vision faded completely, "10, it's over", the ref waved his hands to call off the bout. Xerx walked off before the ref got him in the center while the medical team began to wake Sekke up, "Huh", Sekke opened his eyes to see that the medics had sat him on a stool, "What happened?", he asked, "You lost kid, knocked out", they told him before bringing him to the center, "This contest has been stopped in the second round by way of knock, therefore your winner Xerx Lugner", the ref raised his hand, leaving Sekke to clap for him. He went over to congratulate his opponent who gave him the cold shoulder, "Whatever", Sekke turned around to see Jack waiting for him, "You ok?", his coach asked him, "Yeah", he nodded, trying to hide his disappointment, "You sure?" "Yes, so can we just go", Jack stood in the ring for a second, "Sure, let's go."

Sekke and Jack walked in silence back to the locker room, heads hung low because of the loss. Finally getting back with everyone staring at them, "Hey", Leo awkwardly greeted him, "Hey", he responded before taking the wraps off of his hands, "How you holding up?", Sol asked, "I'm fine", Sekke nodded for an answer, "You sure?", Asta asked him, "Yeah yeah, I'm fine, don't even care", he shook his head and let out a little bit of air, trying to get them to believe . But he couldn't keep it in for very long, "I'm gonna go get some fresh air", he stood up and left the room quickly, "Man that guy is a bad liar", Leo sighed, "Gotta feel for him though, he got so far and to have it squashed like that, sucks", Sol looked at the door he had just left from, "And I know how that feels", she closed her eyes, "Still though, hope he's alright", Asta went back to shadowboxing after he left, "Hey where's Yuno and Mimosa", Jack asked seeing that the everyone was there aside from them, "Oh there just getting some pain patches, y'know for the elderly woman here", Theresa answered, a smile on her face knowing that she felt fine, "I see, well I'm gonna go check up on Sekke", Jack left the room to follow his pupil.

Behind the building

Sekke was currently sitting on the curb, looking out into an empty lot blanky as he thought about the fight that had just happened, "How you holding up?", the young kickboxer heard his coach from behind, "I'm fine", he gave a quick answer, wanting him to leave as soon as possible, "You sure?", Jack asked him one more time for conformation, not totally buying his answer, "I'm sure", Sekke again answered wanting to end the conversation, "Oh ok, I'll see you in the locker room", Jack nervously chuckled before leaving. Sekke could listened as his footsteps began to gradually move away from him, eventually hearing the door to the building open and close once again leaving him alone. After a few seconds and Sekke was sure he wasn't there, "UUHHHHHHHHHHHH", a stream of tears began to flow from his eyes, letting the emotions he had bottled up for so long finally go in his solitude, "DAMN IT", he tucked his head between his knees, "I knew you weren't telling the truth", Sekke lifted his head to look over his shoulder, seeing that his coach hadn't actually left, "How did you know?", Jack chuckled before taking a seat next to his pupil, "I've been coaching you since middle school, no?" "Yeah", his response came with a turn of his head so he wouldn't have to face him, "I remember you came up to me cause you wanted to be popular with the girls", Jack leaned back to look at the sky, "OH DON'T BRING THAT UP", Sekke complained, "Look, point is I know you pretty well, so I could tell you weren't exactly telling me the truth", Jack explained, wanting him to let his barrier down, "OK and?" "And I know that in all the time that it's unusual for you to care this much about losing let alone a draw", the student turned his head back to face his teacher, "I don't know I guess I just felt it this time", he shrugged, "Come on kid, I know that's not true", the coach tried to prod for an answer, "I don't know, really", he hung his head low, looking at the ground, "Come on, you can tell", one more go at an answer caused a little bit of silence between the two, "Everyone is trying so hard, all of a sudden they wanted to make it to triumph", more tears began to flow as his explanation came out, "But I'm nowhere near good enough to get there", Sekke began to wipe his face with his hands, "And because of this loss I'm basically back at square one, now they're going to get so far ahead even Yuno cause I haven't been doing anything of note while I've been here. I thought my match with Asta was a fluke, but I'm starting to think that I really don't belong here", Jack sighed when heard why he was feeling bad, "Kid, stuff like that happens all the time", he met Sekke in the same pose, "How do you know?" "Cause, it happened to me" "Really?" "Really, When I was in high school with Yami and them, Yami became a big deal pretty quickly when he was fighting in the amateurs, I felt like I was being left behind by one of my best friends", Sekke lifted his head to finally see eye to eye with jack, "Then what happened?" "Life, Yami got injured, me and Ginno broke up, Charlotte left to do...whatever, the twins stopped talking, stuff like that, and it sucked so I just went on with my life" "That was a bad ending to the story", Sekke gave Jack a blank stare, "I'm not done, and as life went on eventually most of us reconnected here" "Can you get to the point" "Point is, life goes at different paces for everyone, don't feel like you need to meet them on their level immediately", he rubbed his shoulder to try and make him feel better, "But even you said that I was subpar", Sekke sighed as he tucked his head back into his knees. Jack felt guilty about what he said, "I'm sorry about that, I shouldn't have said it. I just wanted to see you at your best", he rubbed the back of his neck, "I just....wanted to make it there with them so bad" "You will, I believe in you", Sekke cracked a slight smile, "And if it's any consultation, I'm proud of you" "But I lost" "I don't care, you left your comfort zone and tried to go after it and that's way better than just dancing to a decision you maybe didn't earn" "HEY" "Not saying that that's ever happened , but I'm glad to see that you've found a reason better than just wanting to be popular with girls", Jack nudged Sekke with his elbow , "Hey it was a good goal at the time, but thanks", he stood up and rubbed the back of his neck, "Anytime kid", jack dusted himself off, "Now let's go and get back to the locker room" "Right"

Yuno and Mimosa walked along side each other, Yuno's arm draped over Mimosa's shoulders after collecting the cold patches Theresa had requested, "Fuck my side is killing me" "You did take a few killer shots to the body", she giggled , "Man I'm gonna hate to get old", Mimosa joked, staring at the box of them, "My grandma used to use those a lot", Yuno stared at it with her. However, the only thing on his mind was asking her about the party, "Can I tell you something?", he asked, "Sure" "Earlier when I asked you about how you were going to the party" "Uh huh" "I wasn't exactly being truthful", Mimosa smiled, thinking that she knew what was coming, "Then what did you want to ask?" "I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the party with me", Yuno looked away, since at this point the red on his face would be unignorable, "Like together as friends or?", Mimosa giggled, "No not as friends, but like I don't know maybe two people who are talking", he awkwardly scratched the back of his head, "I'd like that", Mimosa answered, "Really?" "Really", she smiled as the two began to walk back to the locker room.

*BANG BANG BANG* *POW* a loud set of bangs echoed in the hallway to the locker rooms, "Is that?" "Yep", Yuno popped a slight smile as the two began to approach the school's room, *POW* *POP* *SMACK* again it echoed and began to get the attention of the people around, "What's that?" "Is it a student?", the crowd that had listened in began to talk. When they had reached the door and opened it, the sounds of loud fire had almost rung their ears out, "Oh hey guys", Asta nodded at the two, "Could you be any louder?" Yuno sarcastically asked, "You know me", he replied *WOOSH* *POW* Yami tried to punish him with a hook, but got ducked and countered with a Kick on the pads, "Good good", he propped him up, "Guess that means you're ready?", Asta smiled widely, "HELL YEAH"

On the next episode of "You clinched my heart"

"INTRODUCING SECOND HE CALLS HIMSELF THE BLACK CLOVER ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIAAAAAAAAA"

Are you? Are you coming to the tree?

Asta's music played throughout the arena as he began to walk out, adoring a flag with a black five leaf clover on it, "LADROS LADROS LADROS LADROS LADROS", the arena called his name believing that he was going to make quick work of him

They strung up a man they say who murdered three

"REVCHI IS OUT" "RADES HAS BEEN PUT AWAY" "HEATH IS OUT JUST LIKE THAT?", the echos of his earlier fights, the crowd and their reaction rang out in his head

Strange things had happened here no stranger would it be

"LADROS GONNA KILL YOU LADROS GONNA KILL YOU" "WHAT IS THIS BUM DOING HERE?" "YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT HES THE ONE THAT BEAT REVCHI WITH ONE KNEE?" "HE'S A CHEAT" "HOW COME I'VE NEVER HEARD OF HIM", the crowd began throwing trash at him wrappers, cups of liquid, food the whole garden refusing to accept he made it here on his first go, "Keep your cool kid you've got this", Yami tried to assure him noticing that Asta had kept a neutral face the whole time

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree

At the halfway point down the ramp Asta stopped and took another look around, "Man I can't wait to see where you go someday, hell maybe you'll go all the way to undisputed", he thought about those words, the meaning that they've held in his life since he first heard them, "Huuuu", he let out a breath of air before he continued

Are you? Are you coming to the tree where dead man called out for his love to flee

At the third quarter of the ramp Asta got down to one knee doing the cross-symbol thing across his chest (I don't know what this is called), "I don't think it's good for us to be seeing each other anymore", Rebecca's words played in his mind since that day

Strange things did happen here no stranger would they be If we met at midnight in the hanging tree

"I'm sorry I was being an insensitive jerk, but I had a good time with your friends, and I would like to do this again", Noelle held out her hand, in it his wallet that he thought he lost

Are you? Are you coming to the tree

"HEY HEY BREAK IT UP YOU TWO", a teacher separated him from a strange kid with no eyebrows, "HE STARTED IT", Asta yelled, his first day of the fourth grade in his new apartment and safe to say it wasn't going well as a teacher had to pull, them apart for fighting

Where I told you to run so we'd both be free

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", Asta cried into his mom's lap kicking his legs, "I know honey I know", she held him trying not to cry herself as not to make him cry harder

Stange things did happen here no stranger would they be

"Mam I'm having some concerns about your children", one of the teachers sat her down in the principal's office with Asta and Liebe sitting next to her, "What? Why?", she worriedly held her children's hands, "Asta's clothing is rather tattered, and he's has displayed overly aggressive behavior with the other students, at least ones that seem to have rather checkered records", she said looking at him with a small but noticeable amount of disgust

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree

"What?", Asta looked at his brother, "Dude when you were a baby Mom wasn't eating much, literally like a banana a day so that she could buy you diapers", Liebe answered while the two played video games, "I had to take a big cut too, but hey man it was worth it cause I got a cool brother out of it", he smiled pulling Asta closer with his arm. The memory at the time was hard to swallow, but right now as he stepped onto the ring's steps Asta closed his eyes one more time

Are you? Are you coming to the tree

"I'm sorry mom", Asta put his head down after she had to pulled him from the warehouse he had been fighting in, "Asta I told you if you want to do this, you were gonna do it through your school program", he maintained his downward gaze at the car floor, knowing that he was in big trouble

Where necklace of rope side by side with me

"Wait we're getting a house?", Liebe raised an eyebrow listening to their mom talk, "Yeah I finally was able to take out a mortgage, and it's close to your high school", she sung, "Plus its closer to-" "Dante", Liebe put his chin in the palm of his hand and rolled his eyes, "I like him and his siblings", Asta smiled as he began to fill his face with cereal, "Look I know you have your reservations about him but he's a cool guy and his siblings like you guys", she assured him, "Ok I get it"

Are you? are you coming to the tree

They strung up a man they who murdered three

Strange things did happen here no stranger would they be

If we met at midnight in the hanging treeeeeeeeeeee

Heyo guys hope you had a good Christmas and a good new year's; sorry, this was so late, But I hoped you enjoyed, and I am going to update this story more consistently starting in March. Also, two things I have a story on AO3 which is a Black Clover X Soul eater story called Clover Eater which I might also post here IDK so go check that out if you'd like AND I just realized that this story hit over 2,000 reads so for everyone that has been reading THANK YOU and I promise that this fic will see its conclusion I just took some time away from writing this cause I had a muay thai fight in early December that I lost and just didn't feel like writing about fighting. So, I am sorry if some parts of this chapter didn't feel all too great, I was sad that I didn't win when I wrote a decent chunk of it.  That's all for me for now and I'll see you in the next chapter: A new Star(ia) has entered the game. Coming March 2nd 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 13.6K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...