The Sickly Scion's Petite Wif...

By WMoons

๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ก'๐—ง ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—Ÿ. ๐—œ ๐—ข๐—ก๐—Ÿ๐—ฌ ๐—ฃ๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—— ๐—œ๐—ง ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐—ข๐—ก๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ฃ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฃ... More

โŸฃ๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก:
โŸฃChapter 1-10
โŸฃChapter 21-30
โŸฃChapter 31-40
โŸฃChapter 41-50
โŸฃChapter 51-60
โŸฃChapter 61-70

โŸฃChapter 11-20

92 0 0
By WMoons

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11: JIAJIA'S PREVIOUS LIFE

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

𝙍𝙚𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙇.
If I receive frequent votes, I'll block your account. 🚫𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚🚫

° ° °

Before transmigrating here, Shen Yijia was an orphan.

For as long as she could remember, she had lived in a private research institute that appeared to be a mental hospital, but was actually someone's private research institute.

There were many people like her in Nanshan Mental Hospital who had special abilities and were captured for research. There were also many patients with real mental problems.

However, she was different from the people who had been captured. Not only were those locked up, they were also injected with drugs that prevented them from using their abilities.

She was the only one who could walk freely around the compound like a normal patient. She also took various medications along with three meals a day like a regular patient.

Because she had been with those patients since she was young, she also thought that there was something wrong with her.

This self-perception made it impossible for her to think of escaping, nor did she yearn for the outside world.

To her, that compound was her whole world.

How could a child who had never tasted sugar betray her own world simply because someone said the outside world was sweet?

Perhaps this was the reason those people were at ease with letting her be.

There, they laughed when they were happy and cried when they were unhappy. They even fought each other when there was a disagreement.

When she was young, despite her strength and speed, she was often beaten up by a group of mentally ill patients.

Those people did not know restraint, and often beat her up badly.

Afterwards, she would secretly drink a drop of spiritual liquid and recover before going to seek revenge.

This went on and on. When she grew older, no one in the compound could defeat her.

The spiritual liquid had always been her secret. A voice in her heart told her not to let the bad old men in the research institute know about it, so she kept it hidden from everyone.

Those people had always thought that she was just naturally strong, fast, and had a strong recovery ability.

Aside from the fact that they took her blood for tests once every three days and made her take pills from time to time, she was quite happy with her life there.

All the patients put together were no match for her, and she wouldn't even get hurt. There was also plenty of time for her to do the tricks she loved, and this lifestyle seemed ideal to her.

This continued until she met Da Hua, a woman who'd been captured due to her telekinetic ability.

She taught Shen Yijia many things. She told her about the outside world, a complete world that Shen Yijia had never known.

Ads by Pubfuture

This complete picture was much more attractive to her than the vague concept of "the world outside"!

Only then did she realize how big the world outside this institute really was. There were many delicacies that she had never eaten, or things she'd never seen or played with!

These were enough to upend her worldview.

She began to yearn to go outside!

Hence, she told Da Hua the secret of the spiritual liquid. She also used the spiritual liquid to help Da Hua negate the side effects of the medicine prescribed to her.

Working together, they finally escaped that place.

Everything outside was so fresh and new. She finally knew what sugar tasted like, and she never wanted to go back to that place.

Unfortunately, how could those people bear to let them go? A month after going wild with Da Hua in the outside world, they were found by those people again.

She didn't want to go back. She was a normal person, not the mentally ill person everyone else thought she was.

So she ran for her life. While running away, she was hit by a car and sent flying...

"Don't arrest me..." Shen Yijia bolted upright on the bed.

She looked around and sighed in relief.

Then, she muttered indignantly, "I've already transmigrated, yet you still want to capture me in my dreams. If you have the ability, then transmigrate over and try to catch me! Why are you haunting my dreams!"

It was already bright outside, so she got up instead of going back to sleep.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 12: FUNERAL PROCESSION

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Shen Yijia put on her clothes and went out for a walk. She found no trace of anyone around.

She then walked to the front courtyard and saw only an empty mourning hall. The coffin that had been there was gone.

Thinking of something, Shen Yijia smacked her forehead. Yesterday, the eunuch said that he would send everyone back to their hometowns in three days.

Since they were leaving tomorrow, the funeral had to be held today. How could she have forgotten something so important?

She wasn't fully to blame. No one had told her.

Shen Yijia belatedly realized that she seemed to have been forgotten again...

The capital city has always been the most prosperous place in the country.

The streets of Chang'an were usually bustling with people.

However, today was an exception.

The entire street was quiet. Both sides of the road were filled with commoners, all looking sadly at the funeral procession that was slowly approaching.

There were also many commoners who hung white lanterns outside their houses!

As far as these people were concerned, it was none of their business whether the deceased were plotting a rebellion or not. Who became emperor was even less of a concern to them.

All they knew was that the God of War, who had protected them their entire lives, had left.

He had protected them all their lives so that they could live in a time of peace. It was only right that they came to see him off.

Song Jingchen was carried in a chair at the front of the procession, followed by Madam Li and the crying twins.

The entire funeral procession added up to no more than ten people, looking extremely comical.

If not for the fact that the procession had come out of the Bulwark Duke's residence, who would have thought that the person lying there would be the old Duke, who was once second only to the emperor of Great Xia?

The commoners' eyes turned red. When the group passed by, they spontaneously followed behind.

When the team reached the city gate, it was already a rather spectacular scene.

Seeing the citizens behaving like this, Madam Li's dry eyes turned red again.

Song Jingchen's hand, which was holding the memorial tablet, secretly tightened. The words in his grandfather's letter came to his mind.

"Yes, the people of this country are innocent." he thought to himself.

This scene was shocking to many people, but to the lightly-dressed Emperor Chong'an, it was extremely ironic.

Anyone with a brain would understand that someone must have framed the victims.

Ads by Pubfuture

After all, the Crown Prince was not stupid enough to place the incriminating evidence in the Eastern Palace where it could easily be found.

So what? He was the emperor, and all of Great Xia belonged to him. As long as he believed it, then it was the truth.

What these citizens were doing now was simply a slap in the face.

Emperor Chong'an sat in the carriage and looked at the growing funeral procession.

He snorted. "Do you think this group of people will be the same in a hundred years?"

How could Eunuch Li dare to answer that? If he did, wouldn't he be cursing Emperor Chong'an to die?

If he gave the wrong response, then he probably wouldn't live to see the day.

He would probably go missing from the carriage on the way back to the palace later.

Everyone knew that he was the most popular person by Emperor Chong'an's side. However, no one knew how tiring it was for him to wrack his brains to survive every day.

"Can't you see how much gray hair I've grown in the past two years?" Eunuch Li thought to himself.

Eunuch Li was sweating with anxiety. Fortunately, Emperor Chong'an did not seem to expect him to answer.

With a disdainful smile, he continued. "This is the reason why."

These citizens only recognized the old duke, even daring to disrespect the emperor to join the funeral procession.

If he really let his crippled son sit on the throne, it was hard to say if his surname would be Shangguan or Song.

He did not say this, but Eunuch Li understood.

When the birds are gone, the good bow is stashed away. When the cunning rabbit dies, the dogs are cooked and eaten.

He was willing to sacrifice his son to achieve his goal.

Therefore, it was natural for everyone to say that there were no familial ties in the royal family.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 13: BROKEN WINGS

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Paper money filled the air and fluttered to the ground.

Emperor Chong'an felt that this was an eyesore. His gaze shifted from the commoners to Song Jingchen, who was at the front, and stopped at his legs for a moment. "Are you sure he's crippled?"

Eunuch Li hurriedly nodded. "The imperial physician has personally confirmed it. Unless he has a divine pill, he can forget about standing up in this lifetime!"

"What a pity!" Although he said it was a pity, Eunuch Li could tell that Emperor Chong'an was very satisfied with this outcome. Even the anger he had felt because of the commoners had dissipated.

Wasn't it a pity? He was once such a talented boy, a young man who always had a smile on his face while riding a horse.

Before he could become as majestic as an eagle, his pride was broken.

He remembered that even when the young man was no more than twelve years old, he had already been dealing with the provocations from other countries without the slightest hint of fear.

He galloped across the training grounds and slapped the envoy in the face!

This scene made many noble ladies in the capital secretly fall in love.

It was still fresh in his mind after all these years.

The scene was solemn but refreshing.

However, the young man in his memories would probably never exist again.

What a pity!

How pathetic!

What a shame!

Emperor Chong'an took one last look at the funeral procession and said, "Let's go back!"

Eunuch Li responded respectfully. When he lowered the curtain, he looked at the two coffins that were being escorted by the masses, and a trace of grief flashed across his eyes.

It disappeared as though it was an illusion.

When Shen Yijia went outside, she only saw the tail end of the procession, but she did not follow.

She turned around. Following her memories, she retraced her footsteps to the Shen Residence. She was leaving tomorrow… However, she was a person who kept her word.

…

By the time she returned to the duke's residence, it was already ten o'clock in the evening.

The original host had never gone out since she was young. The only time she left her home was when she was carried to the Duke's Mansion in a bridal sedan.

Therefore, she knew where the Shen family's gate was, but she did not know how to get there.

After so much trouble, she finally found the place, but the person she was looking for was not at home!

Ads by Pubfuture

She waited patiently for the Shen family to return. Once she finished her job, she rushed back to the duke's residence.

Instead of going to the room Song Jingchen had arranged for her yesterday, Shen Yijia went straight to Song Jingchen's courtyard.

She had no choice. She realized that her presence was too insignificant. To prevent her husband from forgetting her at the drop of a hat, she felt that she should make her presence known more often.

As soon as she entered, she saw the remaining servants standing in the courtyard.

What was everyone doing in this courtyard?

Shen Yijia stopped in her tracks. Seeing that the maidservant who had been guarding the door while she was bathing yesterday was also there, she quietly walked over.

Lowering her voice, she asked, "What's going on? Why is everyone gathered here?"

That maidservant was also the eldest maidservant who served Madam Li along with Bi Zhu. Her name was Bi Tao.

However, there wasn't enough manpower in the residence these two days, so the maidservants basically went wherever they were needed.

Everyone helped out wherever they could.

Shocked by her, Bi Tao almost screamed. Fortunately, she restrained himself.

Seeing that it was Shen Yijia, she hurriedly bowed and said, "Not long after Eldest Young Master returned, he instructed me to wait here, but he fainted before he could say anything else. The doctor just went in. Madam Li, Young Master, and Young Miss are also inside. It's just that the masters didn't say anything else, so I didn't dare to leave my post without permission."

Hearing that it was Song Jingchen who had fainted, Shen Yijia was shocked and wanted to follow him in.

Suddenly, she thought of something and stopped in her tracks. She turned around and said to the servants waiting there, "Go and do what you need to do. If there's anything we need here, you can come over again. Aren't you tired of waiting here?"

Although the sun had already set, it was still quite hot outside.

Shen Yijia was speechless. These people were really stupid.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 14: JIAJIA EXPOSED

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

In the room, the doctor was about to take Song Jingchen's pulse, but he could feel that Song Jingchen's skin was boiling hot.

He was so frightened that his heart skipped a beat. He asked Uncle Yang to help him remove Song Jingchen's clothes and saw that there was already a lot of blood soaking through the bandage on his back.

He couldn't help but shout, "What nonsense! Wounds can get infected easily in this weather. I even specifically instructed you to inform me in time if there were any symptoms of fever. It's obvious that the fever has been going on for a long time. Moreover, he's so seriously injured, but he didn't take the time to rest. It doesn't matter how healthy he was, he can't keep ruining his body like this..."

At this point, the doctor paused and his expression became unnatural. Then, he said helplessly, "I'll give him a prescription first. Get someone to fetch the medicine as soon as possible and boil it for him. Use more water to wipe his body and lower his temperature. I'll change the bandages for him. If there's an infection, I'll shave it off the infected areas before it spreads. As for what happens next, we can only do our best and listen to fate!"

Uncle Yang quickly took the prescription and left.

Madam Li's heart ached when she saw this.

Brother Hao and Sister Huan's faces turned pale when they saw so much blood. They remembered how their father and grandfather were also covered in blood when they were sent back, and right after that, someone told them that their father and grandfather had passed on...

Huan'er threw herself into Madam Li's arms with a terrified expression and cried, "Mother, will Eldest Brother be alright? Please ask Eldest Brother to get up. I'll be obedient in the future, I won't be naughty and make Eldest Brother angry anymore. I don't want Eldest Brother to become like Father and Grandfather..."

"As for me... I'll diligently study and practice martial arts in the future. I won't slack off behind Big Brother's back anymore..." Brother Hao hurriedly added, as if his Big Brother would really die if he didn't say it quickly.

When Shen Yijia heard this, her eyelids twitched. She interrupted, "Of course your big brother will be fine. You have to have confidence in him, do you understand?"

Sister Huan'er stopped crying and burped. She shrank into Madam Li's arms and asked cautiously, "Is... is that true?"

"Of course it's true!" After saying that, she turned to Madam Li and said, "Mother, don't worry. My husband will definitely live to a ripe old age."

Madam Li nodded. She trusted her son.

She patted Shen Yijia's hand gently and said with a tired expression, "You're a good child. It's a shame that our family has implicated you!"

Ads by Pubfuture

Previously, Madam Li had not paid much attention to Shen Yijia. Now that she took a closer look, she realized that the girl in front of her was completely different from the one she had seen in the past.

Her face was still the same, but her eyes sparkled when she looked at you. She was no longer the girl who would only lower her head and dared not look at anyone.

However, after thinking about it carefully, she understood. How could Madam Chen be a good person if they could do such a thing?

This girl was probably already having a hard time in the residence. If she performed too well, she would be treated even more harshly.

Now that she had left the Shen family, there was for Shen Yijia to pretend to be weak anymore.

Once her suspicions were raised, Madam Li recalled all the abnormalities she saw in little Yijia. Apart from feeling guilty and angry at the Madam Li,

She was more angry at herself for not realizing it sooner...

And so a wonderful misunderstanding arose.

Shen Yijia had no idea that she had almost been exposed. However, Madam Li's imagination ran wild and covered her tracks.

If Shen Yijia knew what Madam Li was thinking, she would probably exclaim at how imaginative she was.

However, even if others suspected that she was a different person, she was not afraid. The skin was still the same, just that there was a new core inside.

Coupled with her straightforward personality, she did not think about these possibilities at all, and she had yet to learn the roundabout way in which matters were conducted.

Shen Yijia was still not used to having her hand being held by someone. When she met Madam Li's gentle gaze, she wanted to draw back her hand.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 15: WAKING UP

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

The doctor scraped away the rotten meat in Song Jingchen's wounds and bandaged him up again. He opened his mouth to remind Song Jingchen to take care.

However, he thought twice about it. This person might not even be able to recover from this and survive. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't have a chance to recuperate properly.

He could not be bothered to waste his breath, so he left two bottles of ointment and left.

Shen Yijia had been "lucky" enough to experience the pain of having her flesh cut away and knew how painful it was, but Song Jingchen didn't wake up during this period.

Uncle Yang personally brewed the medicine and brought it in. Shen Yijia quickly took the medicine before Madam Li could reach out, and smiled awkwardly. "I'll do it. Mother, take a rest."

With that, she walked straight to the bed with the medicine.

In a place where no one could see, she secretly put a drop of spiritual liquid in.

Song Jingchen's collapse was sudden, and the doctor also mentioned that it was a dangerous time for him. Everyone was already prepared to stay awake overnight to watch over him.

Unexpectedly, after drinking the bowl of medicine, the excessive heat in Song Jingchen's body slowly dissipated.

This was naturally because Shen Yijia had added something to it.

Shen Yijia was quite surprised. She had already fed him two drops before. Although two drops couldn't make the wounds on his body disappear immediately, it should at least strengthen his body, right? However, Song Jingchen still managed to fall sick.

Part of her wondered if the spiritual liquid had expired due to her transmigration. Thankfully, the drop of spiritual liquid showed obvious effects this time, which cleared away her suspicions.

In her previous life, she was able to avoid being beaten to death by those lunatics in the hospital because of this spiritual liquid.

It was hard to determine all of its possible effects, but she knew for sure that it could detoxify, heal, and strengthen the body.

She didn't know if it could cure Song Jingchen's crippled legs. Even if it could, it would take a lot of spiritual liquid to do so.

Shen Yijia decided to give it a try in the future.

After everyone finished their simple meal, Song Jingchen woke up.

"Mother, thank you for your concern. Take the twins with you and get some rest." Song Jingchen's face was still very pale, but he looked much better.

He was also very surprised. There seemed to be something wrong with his body.

He knew his own condition better than anyone else. Previously, when he was in the prison, those people had nearly tortured him to death without saying anything.

Ads by Pubfuture

Of course, he knew who instructed them to do such a thing.

If not for the fact that he had practiced martial arts since he was young and had a strong body, it would have been impossible for him to come out alive. It was obvious how serious his injuries were.

He had already vaguely sensed that something was off when he woke up yesterday. Today, he felt even more certain that something was wrong. The weakness he felt when he fainted previously had been greatly reduced.

Furthermore, even the internal injuries in his body had recovered quite a bit...

Hearing Song Jingchen's words, Madam Li glanced at Shen Yijia.

She wanted to say something, but she noticed the determination on her son's face. She had no choice but to say, "Alright, rest well."

Shen Yijia naturally saw Madam Li's glance before she left.

Blinking, she moved to the bed of her own accord. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Song Jingchen didn't say anything. He just calmly took out an envelope and handed it to her.

He felt that as long as Shen Yijia saw it, she should understand what he meant. There was no need for him to say anything else.

However, Shen Yijia's next words almost made him lose his cool.

"Is this for me? I can't read though. What does it say?" After saying that, Shen Yijia scratched her head in embarrassment and blushed.

She couldn't read in her previous life, but Da Hua had taught her a lot.

After all, those old men wanted her to grow into a tool that knew nothing. Naturally, they would not teach her how to read.

Moreover, the original host didn't seem to have studied before. She didn't have any memories before the age of five.

After the original host's mother died at the age of five, she had no chance to learn how to read in the residence. The original host was even worse off than Shen Yijia...

Shen Yijia's eyes widened as she carefully read the three words on the envelope.

The words that Da Hua taught her were not so complicated.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 16: DIVORCE

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Song Jingchen was silent. He couldn't figure out why a young lady from an official's family couldn't read. He had heard that most commoner women couldn't read because they were poor.

However, Shen Pingxiu was also a government official in the capital, and had even come from a scholar's background. How could he have raised his daughter to be so ignorant?

The room was quiet for a moment.

After a long time, she heard Song Jingchen's low and hoarse voice. "This is the divorce agreement. I've asked Uncle Yang to investigate it. You married into the Song family because you had no choice. Now, not only can the Song family not protect you, but we will also drag you down. Moreover, everyone in the capital knows about the incident that happened to me on the day of the wedding. It won't affect you much even if you wish to marry again in the future."

Shen Yijia was shocked. She had gotten this husband, and now she was going to lose him?

"No, you can't divorce me." Although Song Jingchen had explained that it was for her own good, Shen Yijia was still a little angry.

If not for the fact that he was good-looking and that he was her husband, would she have wasted those three drops of spiritual liquid? Absolutely not.

Go back to the Shen family? Thinking about how the original host had lived in the past, she didn't want to go back.

Even if she could fight and was not afraid, she couldn't spend every day beating people up. What would be the difference between that and her previous life in the institute?

In Shen Yijia's opinion, if she went back, the Shen family would definitely bully her just like they used to.

However, she would definitely not endure it silently like the original host did. She would definitely fight back. Wouldn't that be equivalent to fighting three times a day?

So she refused without thinking further.

Song Jingchen was once again speechless.

Before this, he had always thought that Shen Yijia would immediately leave happily after receiving the divorce agreement.

This situation was unexpected.

Song Jingchen remained silent. Shen Yijia was so angry that she puffed up her cheeks and gritted her teeth.

Should she just knock him out?

She quickly pinched her right hand using her left hand and tried her best to control her restless heart.

Song Jingchen didn't know if it was simply his imagination, but he suddenly felt that he was in danger.

This was an intuition that he had honed from years of training in the military. However, this girl was the only other person in this room.

"It was definitely an illusion, right?" he thought to himself.

Ads by Pubfuture

He tried to ignore the strange feeling.

He assumed that Shen Yijia was unwilling to leave because she didn't understand how complex the problem was.

He had no choice but to say patiently, "We have to go back to the countryside tomorrow. We can't take anything away from the residence. There are no servants to serve us there. We can only have simple meals every day. We... might not even have enough to eat."

"Not having enough to eat? It's that serious?" Shen Yijia was shocked by Song Jingchen's words. The first part wasn't a big problem, but not having enough to eat was a little tragic...

Therefore, she no longer cared about being angry or feeling sorry for those three drops of spiritual liquid. She started to weigh the options seriously in her heart.

Song Jingchen fell silent again. "Was the problem of food really the main point here?" he thought. He realized that he couldn't treat this girl as a regular daughter of an official's family anymore.

Shen Yijia felt dizzy from thinking so much, but she still did not want to go back to the Shen family.

She wondered if it was the influence of the original host. She was repulsed by the idea of living in that place.

"If I insist on following you, would you lock me in the house and not let me out?" Shen Yijia asked tentatively.

Song Jingchen was once again speechless.

"Why would I want to lock her up?" he thought.

He shook his head. "No."

Shen Yijia's eyes lit up. The Shen family would definitely lock her up, but he wouldn't! If that was the case, she could go out and earn money.

Then she asked, "Would you deliberately starve me?"

Song Jingchen's face felt numb. "No."

"Would you make me kneel as punishment during the winter and summer?"

Song Jingchen responded. "No!"

The scales in Shen Yijia's heart could not tilt any further than this. She took another look at Song Jingchen's handsome face and made her final decision. "Then I don't want a divorce. I want you to be my husband. I'll make money in the future, and I won't let you starve."

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 17: LORD AN LE

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

At first, he didn't understand why Shen Yijia was asking those strange questions, but now, he finally understood.

She must have experienced those things in the Shen family!

It seemed that it was indeed better not to go back.

He stopped trying to persuade her. He simply said, "There's still one night left. You can consider it carefully. If... if you still decide not to return to the Shen family, then you'll be my official wife in the future!"

As usual, Shen Yijia automatically ignored the first half of the sentence and only heard the words, "You're my wife."

Her eyes sparkled. Good-looking people were indeed different. When these words came out of Song Jingchen's mouth, Shen Yijia found them especially pleasant to the ear.

She wasn't going to consider any other option. Raising her hand, she set the so-called divorce letter on fire.

Song Jingchen didn't even have time to stop her.

Shen Yijia rushed back to her room.

Thinking about her future, she looked for Bi Tao and asked for the things she brought from the Shen estate.

After taking a look, she realized that they were all useless junk. The only notable item was a small wooden box left behind by the original host's mother. In it were a few pieces of jewelry and more than a hundred taels of silver that the original host had saved over the years.

She sulked for a while.

Then, she went back to her room and rummaged around until midnight.

In the Imperial Palace.

Emperor Chong'an was sitting in Yangxin Hall and reviewing memorials when he suddenly raised his head and glanced at Eunuch Li.

Eunuch Li was shocked and hurriedly knelt down.

It was not until Eunuch Li's forehead was covered in a layer of sweat that the emperor slowly said, "I heard that when Father was alive, he once issued a secret decree to Old Master Song. I remember that Father's eunuch, Eunuch Song, is from your hometown, right? Have you ever heard him mention anything?"

"Your Majesty, I didn't hear Eunuch Song mention anything about a secret decree..." He paused and continued trembling, "The rumors might not be credible..."

Emperor Chong'an looked away and stopped mentioning the secret decree.

He changed the topic and said, "Arrange for a team to escort them tomorrow."

"Majesty is merciful!"

"Alright, stop trying to flatter me." Emperor Chong'an waved his hand to get Eunuch Li to stand up. He continued reading the memorial.

He added casually, "After all, it's a long journey to the Min Continent. There will definitely be bandits along the way. They're old, young, and disabled. If they encounter any bandits, they won't be able to deal with them..."

Ads by Pubfuture

Eunuch Li's heart skipped a beat, but he smiled along and said, "Your Majesty is so thoughtful."

Emperor Chong'an ignored Eunuch Li's flattery and continued to ask, "Has the disinherited prince been well-behaved these few days?"

"I heard from my subordinates that at first, he was still clamoring to see His Majesty. However, these few days, he's become quiet. He simply drinks in the Eastern Palace all day. The Second Prince went to visit once and came out after less than ten minutes," Eunuch Li replied respectfully.

The Second Prince, Shangguan Yu, could be said to be the least competitive among the princes.

His biological mother was only a palace maid, but she became pregnant when the emperor took a fancy to her one night.

She was conferred the title of Concubine Li and looked like a person with great fortune. Unfortunately, she was unlucky and didn't survive the childbirth.

Shangguan Yu was then placed in the care of the Empress, who was childless back then.

When Shangguan Yu was three years old, the Empress gave birth to a legitimate son, and the two princes grew up together.

Although they were not born from the same mother, the two of them had always been close. They were not much different from the Eldest and Fourth Princes who were born from imperial concubines.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 18: SETTING OFF

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Emperor Chong'an sneered. "Yu'er is too kind. He actually came to me to plead for that unfilial son. Forget it. He's my son after all. I won't take his life."

"Since he's already been disinherited, it's not appropriate for him to continue living in the Eastern Palace. Tomorrow, go and pass on a decree from me. Confer the title of Lord An Le upon the disinherited crown prince and grant him Xunyang. He'll have to set off immediately, and will not be allowed to enter the capital without being summoned."

Eunuch Li hurriedly agreed, but internally, he was fretting about it.

Xunyang was in the north. It was the poorest region in the country, with the Huns gathering right next to the region.

The people there suffered from the burning, killing, and plundering by the Huns all year round. Sending a pampered prince over was equivalent to sending him to his death.

Song Jingchen was being sent to Danzhou in the south, while the disinherited crown prince was arranged to stay in Xunyang in the north. The emperor was still wary of them.

At this moment, a servant walked in and interrupted Eunuch Li's thoughts. The servant whispered something in Eunuch Li's ear and retreated.

Eunuch Li wiped the sweat from his forehead and said carefully, "Your Majesty, someone from the Eternal Spring Palace said that the Imperial Consort personally cooked your favorite dishes today and invited you to try them! Look..."

Emperor Chong'an did not answer. He only stood up after approving the last memorial. "Set off to the Eternal Spring Palace!"

The next day.

Perhaps being worried that she would be forgotten again, Shen Yijia woke up early.

The moment Song Jingchen opened his eyes, he saw Shen Yijia carrying a small bag on her back and sitting by his bed, staring at him.

There was no need to ask about her decision. The result was obvious.

At this moment, he did not know how to describe his feelings.

It was said that the moment one had fallen from grace, everyone would leave them behind, regardless of how well they got along before. Just look at the young masters who used to play together with him. Not a single one of them came to see him.

Only this silly girl wouldn't leave even if he told her to...

Madam Li brought the two children over to eat. When she saw Shen Yijia, she was also stunned.

She quickly reacted and felt much better.

Less than ten minutes after they finished their breakfast, a team of officers entered the residence.

The person in the lead was Eunuch Li. The twins were already traumatized by these people and were trying their best to hide in Madam Li's arms.

Ads by Pubfuture

When Eunuch Li explained his intentions, Song Jingchen's expression remained indifferent, as if he had already expected this.

Madam Li was about to lead her men to pack up when Eunuch Li stopped her. "His Majesty meant that it's not convenient to bring too many things since the mountain is high and the road is so long..."

In reality, those words meant that they could not take anything from the residence.

Madam Li suppressed the anger in her heart and said mockingly, "We have to bring a few sets of clothes to change into. His Majesty is so benevolent. He wouldn't possibly keep us from doing so, right?"

Eunuch Li smiled. "Naturally."

After saying that, he waved his hand and got an attendant to follow Madam Li.

The intent was clear.

Shen Yijia rolled her eyes. This emperor was really petty.

Seeing that Eunuch Li's gaze was fixated on her bag, she pursed his lips and said, "This is the dowry I brought from the Shen residence. Do you want to deduct my dowry? Is your emperor really that poor?"

Eunuch Li flushed bright red at Shen Yijia's straightforward words. He continued smiling and averted his gaze.

As expected, Madam Li only packed two sets of plain clothes for everyone.

Eunuch Li glanced at the other eunuch and saw him nod. "It's getting late. The journey is long. Madam, you should get going now."

With that, Eunuch Li was about to get someone to carry Song Jingchen when Shen Yijia quickly picked him up from the chair.

She glared at Eunuch Li and headed for the door.

Eunuch Li was speechless.

Song Jingchen was also speechless.

No one said anything about it.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 19: RUMORS EVERYWHERE

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

This was not the first time Madam Li had seen Shen Yijia carry Song Jingchen. She simply accepted it and followed behind them with the two children.

The twins had also seen this scene before.

They were filled with terror back then, but now that they saw it again...

Their eyes sparked, and the twins shared the same thought. Their sister-in-law was amazing.

No matter how mature Song Jingchen was, he was still stunned by Shen Yijia's actions. He only managed to react when he was almost out of the door, and his face immediately turned red.

He was a seven-foot-tall man. However, his wife was carrying him so easily... Who would believe him?

And where did Shen Yijia get her strength from?

Two carriages were parked at the entrance of the mansion. They both looked especially luxurious.

The carriages definitely belonged to rich people.

Song Jingchen's eyes darkened and he temporarily forgot about the awkwardness brought about by Shen Yijia.

Noticing his expression, Shen Yijia opened her mouth to ask what was wrong.

Song Jingchen shook his head to stop her.

Eunuch Li followed them out and saw them standing in front of the carriage.

He groaned inwardly. "Your Majesty, you really know how to make things difficult for others," he thought to himself.

However, he still said proudly, "His Majesty is kind. Considering that the heir... Oh wait, I meant Young Master Song. Considering that Young Master Song is currently not in good health, he was worried that you would be tired from the journey, so he specially chose these carriages. Young Master Song, you have to remember His Majesty's kindness."

A trace of mockery flashed across Song Jingchen's face. "I dare not forget His Majesty's kindness."

With that, he gestured for Shen Yijia to carry him into the carriage.

It really wasn't a good look for him to be carried by a girl like this.

After sitting down, he turned around and said to Madam Li, "Mother, this carriage is big enough. You can all sit here together."

Madam Li nodded. Emperor Chong'an's actions made her feel uneasy. It was safer for the family to stay together.

The carriage was quite big. It was not crowded for Song Jingchen even with a couple of extra people in the carriage.

Uncle Yang sat on the shaft of the carriage.

At this moment, the remaining maidservants also came out with bags on their backs.

They all knelt down and kowtowed three times to the people in the carriage.

Ads by Pubfuture

After waking up yesterday, Song Jingchen didn't visit these people again, and only instructed Uncle Yang to make arrangements.

These people had their own families. It was impossible for them to follow them all the way to the south.

Song Jingchen and Madam Li did not intend to bring them along either.

He lifted the curtain and glanced at the gates of the Duke's Residence.

Madam Li could not help but tear up. Sister Huan blurted out, "Will we come back in the future?"

Brother Hao was a boy and was more mature than Sister Huan. When he heard this, he immediately said, "As long as our family is together, it doesn't matter where we go. What does it matter if we don't come back?"

After saying that, he glanced at Madam Li carefully.

Knowing that her son was trying to comfort her, Madam Li forced a smile. "Our Brother Hao is right. As long as our family is together, anywhere can be considered home."

They rode in a carriage, followed on horseback by ten other Imperial Guardsmen dressed as regular guards.

There were too many pedestrians as they walked through the downtown area, so they slowed down significantly.

Seeing such a majestic carriage pass by, many citizens stopped to watch out of curiosity.

"Hey, what kind of big shot is in that carriage?" a civilian asked.

A quick-witted person at the side immediately said in a loud voice, "You guys don't know about this, right? The person in the car is the former master of the Bulwark Duke's residence. Don't you know about what happened a few days ago?

"Even though the Bulwark Duke joined forces with the disinherited crown prince to stage a rebellion, His Majesty still kept in mind the former duke's contributions to our Great Xia, so he specially sent people to escort them."

"That's right. Our emperor is indeed merciful. If someone wanted to murder me and steal my property, they'd be considered lucky if I don't kill their entire family."

"Exactly. Our Majesty is indeed merciful..."

The few of them spoke out quickly, praising Emperor Chong'an for his benevolence.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 20: TEASING BROTHER HAO

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Some of the commoners shook their heads and did not participate, but some still listened.

They thought about it and felt that it made sense. If they encountered thieves, they would definitely not let the thieves off easily.

Why were the disinherited crown prince and the Bulwark Duke so rash and hungry for power? Couldn't they have waited for the emperor to abdicate?

...

The discussion outside could be heard clearly in the carriage, and the atmosphere in the carriage instantly became ice cold.

Song Jingchen had been resting with his eyes closed since he got into the carriage. He didn't open his eyes, but his fists were tightly clenched.

Perhaps he was trying his best to be as calm as he appeared.

In a private room on the third floor of Yuelai Restaurant, a handsome man in white robes stood there.

He listened to the discussions of the people below, but his gaze kept following the luxurious carriage.

"Thank you, Second Young Master, for helping my sister escape." A feminine-looking man beside him said gratefully.

The young man in white smiled warmly, his peach blossom curving slightly. He shook his head and said, "I just can't bear to see a beauty in prison."

After saying that, he picked up a teacup and took a sip.

His movements were extremely elegant and pleasing to the eye.

At this moment, the commoners changed the topic again.

"By the way, did you hear that there was a huge incident in the capital yesterday? A thief entered Director Shen's residence.

Madam Shen and her eldest daughter were beaten up in a sack in their own residence. Moreover, it was done in broad daylight! I wonder who did it."

"Did he offend someone?"

"Who knows? My granduncle was invited to the Shen residence for a consultation yesterday. Oh my god, I heard that Miss Shen was beaten up so badly that her face resembles a pig now." The person gestured exaggeratedly.

"Oh my, that thief is so ruthless. The young miss didn't get disfigured, right?" someone asked.

"I can't be sure about that..."

Everyone took it as a joke.

In the carriage, Shen Yijia's mouth cracked wide open.

Song Jingchen, who had been quiet, suddenly opened his eyes.

Shen Yijia quickly stopped smiling and acted demurely. She lowered her head in guilt and fiddled with her clothes uncomfortably.

Song Jingchen was silent. He didn't suspect the person in front of him at first.

Ads by Pubfuture

However, when he heard about the Shen Residence, hhe subconsciously glanced at Shen Yijia. There was something he couldn't understand.

No wonder he hadn't seen Shen Yijia when he returned to the mansion yesterday.

The carriage moved slowly out of the downtown area and out of the city gates.

The twins had been up since early today, and they were beginning to feel sleepy from the swaying of the carriage.

With Sister Huan in Madam Li's arms, Brother Hao leaned against Song Jingchen and started dozing off.

Shen Yijia was worried that Brother Hao would accidentally press against Song Jingchen's leg, so she carried him in her arms.

Brother Hao opened his eyes in a daze and took a look. His eyes widened and he blushed.

Stuttering, he said, "Big... Sister-in-law... M-m-men and women shouldn't touch each other... I'm not going to sleep anymore."

"Pfft." Shen Yijia was amused. How could this child be so funny? She flicked his head and said with a smile, "How old are you? You're already aware that men and women shouldn't touch each other? I'm your sister-in-law. Isn't there a saying that a sister-in-law is like a mother? Are you also this picky when hugging your mother?"

Hao was taken aback. "Was there really such a saying?" he thought.

But it made a lot of sense.

However, the blush on his face did not fade. He stammered, "Thank... Thank you, Sister-in-law."

Perhaps it was because he was too sleepy and was confused by Shen Yijia's words, he fell asleep shortly after.

Shen Yijia looked at him and smiled.

•••
𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍, Please cooperate with the uploader and 𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂!!
If I receive frequent votes, I'll block your account. 🚫𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚🚫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 25K 43
Being a modern free spirited girl, Gongsun Li couldn't accept her fate as a cannon fodder concubine when she found herself transmigrate into her favo...
650K 30K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...
74.6K 1.9K 118
แด›สœษช๊œฑ ษช๊œฑ ษดแดแด› แดส ๊œฑแด›แดส€ส, สแดแดœ แด„แด€ษด ๊œฐษชษดแด… ษชแด› แดษด สœแด›แด›แด˜๊œฑ://แดกแดกแดก.แดแด›สŸษดแดแด แด‡สŸ.แด„แดแด/๊œฐแด€ส€แดแด‡ส€๊œฑ-แดกษช๊œฐแด‡-สœแด€๊œฑ-แดแด€ษขษชแด„-๊œฑแด‹ษชสŸสŸ๊œฑ/. ๐•Š๐•™๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ ๐•‹๐•š๐•ฅ๐•๐•– : ๐”ฝ๐•Žโ„๐•„๐•Š ๐”ธ๐•๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•ฅ๏ฟฝ...
103K 1.2K 94
original / male male / crossing / high h / drama / beauty / naรฏve Wear NP Dog Blood Text! ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ๏ผŠ An ignorant little beauty w...