right where you left me

De sydsofia13

After experiencing the heartbreak of a lifetime, Tippah Jones decides to leave Lyon, and move to Arsenal, in... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Burn in my Throat
Chapter 2 - Breaking the Lines
Chapter 3 - Nothing At All
Chapter 4 - Falling
Chapter 5 - Peace
Chapter 6 - Lighthouse
Chapter 7 - Connections
Chapter 8 - Bringing Her Down
Chapter 9 - Lighting Her Up
Chapter 10 - Liquid Courage
Chapter 11 - Horrors, Hurts and Harms
Chapter 12 - Real Smooth
Chapter 13 - No More Lies
Chapter 14 - Honour
Chapter 15 - Pure Luck
Chapter 16 - His Leah
Chapter 17 - Too Real. Too Raw.
Chapter 18 - Official
Chapter 19 - Light Alcohol
Chapter 20 - Just Ellie
Chapter 21 - All This Time
Chapter 22 - Double Shit
Chapter 23 - Arsenal Family
Chapter 24 - Live in the High
Chapter 25 - My Now
Chapter 26 - Game of the Century
Chapter 27 - Counting for Something
Chapter 28 - Natural Interactions
Chapter 29 - Everything has Changed
Chapter 30 - Hating the World
Chapter 31 - Lies Hurt
Chapter 32 - Finding Answers
Chapter 33 - Would've, Could've, Should've
Chapter 34 - Naivity
Chapter 35 - Villain
Chapter 36 - End of a Decade
Chapter 37 - Back To December
Chapter 38 - Growing Sideways
Chapter 39 - Start of the Apocalypse
Chapter 40 - Come Back
Chapter 41 - Be Here
Chapter 42 - Long Time Coming
Chapter 43 - Start of the End
Chapter 44 - Castles Crumbling
Chapter 45 - Endure and Survive
Chapter 46 - Love and War (in your twenties)
Chapter 47 - Summertime Sadness
Chapter 48 - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 49 - Anatomy
Chapter 50 - Fireflies
Chapter 51 - Matilda(s)
Chapter 52 - Walking the Family Line
Chapter 53 - I Can't See You
Chapter 54 - 10,000 Miles
Chapter 56 - A Limited Vocabulary
Chapter 57 - Hurting, Praying, Harming
Chapter 58 - Nerve
Chapter 59 - I'm Home
Epilogue
Another Note From Me to You

Chapter 55 - Truths

3.5K 106 66
De sydsofia13

"You're here?" I said, softly, as Leah Williamson stood at my door.

"I'm here," she laughed. "And you better let me in before someone sees me. I had to get Caitlin to sneak me in here." I chuckled before pulling her inside my room, and wrapping my arms around her neck. I kissed it softly, as she lifted me off the ground. I felt my entire body warm to her touch; I had missed her more than I realised.

"I can't believe you are real," I said, a few moments later. My head lay on her chest as she twirled my hair. Hearing her breath pulled me back to reality. The steadiness of her chest calmed my own beating heart.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, concerned. "Did the concussion do something weird?" She was joking around but I knew she was worried. Something had changed but not between us. Something had changed in me.

"Everything just is turning to shit," I said, interlocking her hand with mine.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I know, but I'm still sorry." I looked up at her, leaning in for a kiss. Her lips were soft, and igniting. Everything felt like it crashed together and lit me up all at once. She could make me feel better; she was special.

She stayed in my room that night, and even though that was definitely not allowed, I didn't care. At this point, rules were made to be broken and I made an executive decision.

I slept the best I had all tournament. I had my safety net right beside me, and I knew that if I fell, she would be there to catch me.

I woke up the next morning to Hayley tapping on our interconnecting door.

"Tipps?" she called out.

"Hales, you okay?" I called out, still in bed.

"Yeah. are you?"

"I'm in bed!"

"Okay! Sorry!"

Leah turned to me chuckling, and I leaned into her more.

"You should probably leave before anyone sees you."

"I feel like we're teenagers sneaking around," Leah joked.

"Go on," I laughed. "I'll meet you after training."

We had training that day, and I met up with Leah along the beaches of Brisbane. I held her hand as the sunsetted over the lands and the sea glistened from the moon.

"This country is so god damn beautiful," Leah said, as my arm was around her waist. We were sitting on the ledge, our feet dangling in the sand.

"It's pretty sure," I replied.

"You're taking it for granted," Leah joked.

"Probably."

"Do you not think it's beautiful?"

"I do, but I don't know how much beauty I see in it anymore."

"How so?"

"It just reminds me of pain rather than love."

"Do you want to change that?"

"It won't be changeable," I answered.

"Everything can be altered, as long as you try."

"Not this."

Leah stopped talking, knowing that once I got into my stubborn mood it was hard to convince me of anything else. She just sat with me instead, letting me rest my head on her shoulder. That was all I needed. Her and nothing else.

The next day, the team and I flew down to Brisbane. Photos emerged of Leah and I at the beach, as we had been papped without realising.

BREAKING NEWS: INJURED ENGLAND CAPTAIN IN AUSTRALIA, SEEMINGLY CONSOLING MATILDAS GIRLFRIEND.

Leah Williamson, England captain, was spotted in Brisbane yesterday, alongside Australian midfielder, Tippah Jones. Williamson, who ruptured her anterior cruciate ligament in April, was not selected as part of Sarina Wiegman's 23 player squad as a result.

Jones and Williamson have been dating on and off since Jones arrived at the North London club, Arsenal, in January 2022. They confirmed all speculation of their relationship the following January by an instagram post from Jones.

Many expected Williamson not to make the 2 day journey to Australia for the tournament, with many wanting her to prioritize rehabilitation hoping to be ready for the second part of the 2023/2024 season. But, she was spotted yesterday hugging Jones on the beach.

Jones, who has been not only one of the faces of this World Cup, but additionally the face of a trial that involves her mother, deceased father and brother, has had an interesting few weeks. It has also been concluded that Jones will be testifying in court in the next few weeks, with Williamson out to support her during this traumatic time.

The Matildas are set to verse Canada in a do-or-die game in Melbourne on Monday while England have their last group game against China PR in Adelaide.

The title was accompanied by photos of me and Leah. i sent her a photo of them as I sat on the plane.

Tipp: ngl they are kinda cute...

Leah: I cannot with ur text lingo...

Tipp: I SAIDDD NOT GOING TO LIE THE PHOTOS ARE KIND OF CUTE

Leah: ok no need to shout!

Tipp: ha ha

Leah: but i agree, ur cute x

Tipp: stop!

Leah: take the complement

Tipp: no

Leah: yes

Tipp: stop

Leah: never

Tipp: love u

Leah: love u too

We landed in Melbourne, and we had a few days to sort out what we were going to do for the game. I was back for this one, as per the concussion protocol. I knew it was now or never to make a move. It was do or die. If we lost, we were out. If we drew, we were most likely out. We had to win.

The pressure of the entire nation was on us, and we felt it but in a good way. We liked the pressure. We lived for the pressure.

Leah came to Melbourne and I felt horrible that I didn't have a family to take her under their wing. I saw so many of the girls' partners being with their families, and traveling around the country with them. But that wasn't the case for me. My family was falling apart. Bindi was going to travel down for the Melbourne game, with Gigi, but they weren't going to be here the entire time.

The day before the Canada game, the lineup was again confirmed. I would be playing up as the 9, with Caitlin and Hayley either side of me. Mary was in the middle, with Mini and Kyra playing deep. Our back line was once again unchanged, and we were confident.

While all the girls went on the team walk, I slipped out to meet Leah, and Bindi, wanting to see them both before tonight. Leah would also be heading off to Adelaide as well, to meet her own team for a few days. I would miss her but I knew I couldn't keep her to myself the entire time.

"TIPPY!" Gigi screetched, as she saw me walk towards her and Bindi. Leah was beside me, while I picked up my running niece.

"Hi darling," I said, kissing her little cheek. She was wearing my jersey, with ribbons in her hair too. "I like the ribbons."

"I saw Hayley wear them, and now I want to wear them."

"You know, I could probably get Hayley to give you one of her ribbons," I suggested.

"Really?!" Gigi screamed.

"Maybe," I replied. "I'll have to ask really nice though."

"Please!"

"I'll try."

I hugged my sister, and reintroduced her to Leah.

"Hi Leah," Bindi said, hugging my girl. Last time they met, it wasn't good. Bindi and I weren't in a good place but now, things were different.

"Hey," she answered.

We sat in the cafe together, and Gigi was on my lip, her babychino spilling all down her face.

"Gianna!" Bindi laughed. "Can you ever not spill things?"

"Sorry Mummy," Gigi replied, her lip quivering.

"You're okay," I said kissing her cheek.

"You sure you don't want an England jersey, Gigi?" Leah asked, teasing her.

"But I love the Tillies."

"Good answer," I whispered in her ear.

I had to get back to the team soon, and I left Leah with Gi and Bindi. They were going to go for a little shopping trip, with Leah wanting to convince Gigi to get a jersey. Except, I knew it wouldn't happen. That little girl was just as stubborn as me.

I headed back to the team, and we went off to the stadium to start preparations. We saw the thousands of people walking towards the ground, all decked out in their Tillies gear. It had never felt more surreal.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked me, as she came beside me as I tied my laces.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Now, with the Canadian back line, you need to stay central between the centrebacks. They often drift to the wings, and then it leaves you with space to fill it. So, when Caitlin or Razz have the ball on the wing, hide behind the shoulder of the left or right CB, and try to squeeze behind because-"

"Sam, thank you but we've got this."

"Sorry, I'm just-"

"Stressed?"

"Yes." I could understand her nerves. If we lost today, she wouldn't have played a minute at her home world cup. She wanted to feel it. She deserved to feel it.

"We're going to do this, for you, for Australia. It'll be okay."

"Okay."

We lined up, with Steph leading us out once again. But as we sang the national anthem I had a feeling that everything was going to be okay. I could spot Leah in the stand, with Bindi and Gi, and something about that gave me some faith. I was just living for the hope of it all. The patience and trust I had in the world was at an all time high.

We started the game, and no sooner had we kicked off, then I felt us shift into a different gear. We were flowing; everyone was having ball. We were completing successful tackles, making good runs, and we had already had a few shots.

In only the 9th minute, Steph made a lead down the left, and passed it into the box. I couldn't get onto the end of it, but Hayley did, and she slotted it past Sheridan in goals. I was so glad that we were on the board.

The flag. It was up.

"Fuck," I said, under my breath. "Were you off?" I asked Steph.

"I don't think so," she replied.

"Well, they'll check it, right?"

"They should."

And only a few minutes, we were awarded the goal. Hayley fell to her knees and we ran over to her, hugging her on the ground.

The half had continued chaos, and in the 35th minute, I thought I had scored. I tapped in the ball, from the box. But a controversial VAR decision proved that Ellie was offside, and was interfering with play. Alas, I did not have my first World Cup goal of this tournament.

But, only a few moments later, Hayley scored again and it was 2-0.

The second half continued, and I finally had my goal. I followed some of Sam's advice, and went onto the blind side of Buchanon, getting to tap in a Caitlin cross. I ran over to the bench, celebrating with Sam.

"For you," I said to her.

It was now 3-0, and in the 90th, Jessie Fleming gave away a penalty.

Steph slotted it home, and it was 4-0. Our biggest ever win in a Women's World Cup. It was fate. It was destiny.

I found Leah in the stands, giving her a hug, while Gigi stood smiling beside me.

"TIPPY! A Hayley ribbon?" Gigi asked me after Leah let me go.

"Oh yes. One sec, Gi."

I ran over to Hayley.

"Darl, I have a favour."

"Of course," she replied.

"I may or may not have promised my niece one of your ribbons. I think she loves you more than me."

"Aw, of course. Show me to her." I brought Hayley over to Gigi, and her face lit up at the sight of the right winger.

"Hi Leah," Hayley said to my girl, as we approached the stands.

"Hey, good goals," Leah responded.

"Now, are you Gigi?" Hayley questioned, as she saw the little girl standing beside an older version of myself.

"Yes," Gigi answered, nearly crying. Hayley took the ribbon from her hair, and tied it in a little bow on Gigi's ponytail.

"You are just like me now!" Hayley smiled at my niece.

"What do you say Gi?" Bindi prompted.

"Thank you," she answered. We got a little photo with Hayley before she rushed off to her own family once again.

The video ended up going viral, not just because it was a player being generous, or that Leah was in it, but because Hayley was becoming one of the most popular players within the squad and everyone started to love her.

"Thank you for doing that," I said to Hales, as we did a lap around the pitch.

"Anything for you Tipps." I hugged her softly, before we continued around.

A 4-0 win put us top of the group.

And that meant we were going back to Sydney, to play Denmark (most likely). Except, I had something to do before then.

I had to testify.

I had to go to court.

I had to try to convince a jury of what happened, even though I was hardly sure myself.

Tell the truth.

Nothing but, right?

But what if the truth hurts? What if it changes everything? What if it ruins all I had worked for?

Truth. Nothing but. 

note:

- welcome back to this story. long time no see. 

- now I'm in a pickle. now that the wc is over, I have to decide a few things... but we'll get to those decisions when we cross that road I guess

- also I just have a random ass question, where are all you guys from around the world? outta curiosity. its so cool to see how this has reached people from all the corners of the globe, as I sit in my little beach house in whaley... (whale beach, sydney (fun fact: near where home and away is filmed)) 

- also, mila's story: You're On Your Own Kid... coming soon(ish) 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

79.1K 600 11
Lincoln Loud decides to run away from the house after his family forgets his 12th Birthday, as he goes to an adventure to another city, and he meets...
135K 1.4K 50
Jessica davis, the 22 year old Canadian international is one of the best young stars in the world who currently plays for Manchester city. Will the p...
234K 4.2K 34
Stacy Taylor is an 18 year old promising midfielder playing for the Dutch club Ajax. But when her parents suddenly pass away, Stacy and her little s...
79.4K 1.7K 20
i wanna lay it all down, it's getting heavy for me now → leah williamson x fem!oc → friends to lovers → 2022-2024 → awfc...