Selfish Escape (Boruto)

Av Sumirequeen

*Characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, OCs and plot belong to me This follows the manga Mer

Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)
Chapter 2: A Place To Belong
Chapter 4: Ask No Questions
Chapter 5: Control
Chapter 6: Karma Power
A/N

Chapter 3: Run In

176 1 0
Av Sumirequeen

This part is a bit of "Chapter 61: Madness", but since they make an appearance near the end, I didn't want to do it all.

Eida, with her Senrigan, saw Kawaki heading towards the woods, just outside of Konoha. "Code, Kawaki's on the move. He's heading somewhere. By himself," she informed as Daemon was asleep on top of her, Miyuki gently leaning against him.

"What? Aren't there people watching him? How'd he lose them?" Code questioned.

"His nulling his chakra signature," Eida responded. "It's a trick that comes naturally to all Otsutsuki, but he shouldn't have been aware of it yet. Maybe it was instinctive. Just like how a foal is able to get up on its own after being born."

"I don't know his motives, but if he's alone, I can't let this chance slip by," Code said, smirking. Code disappeared through his claw marks and appeared in the woods. He placed one of his claw marks on his hand up to his mouth. "Guide me, Eida. Where is he?"

"Ugh, gross," Eida commented, seeing the mouth appear on her shoulder

***

Kawaki jumped down from the wall of Konoha.

Meanwhile, back in the Uzumaki household, Boruto growled lowly as he ran back inside his house, getting iritated at the watcher, who didn't even notice Kawaki leaving. I can't go after Kawaki like this... The watcher will catch me! He burst through the door, running up the stairs. But how the heck did he manage to erase his chakra!? He burst open a bedroom door, seeing Kawaki's clone on the bed, chilling. "I know you're a double-ganger! What were you thinking!?" Boruto shouted.

"Keep your voice down. It'll be trouble if they find out," Kawaki said nonchalantly.

"And you erased the chakra signature of the real you! How'd you-" He suddenly realised something. "How come I can tell where the real you is?" he questioned.

Meanwhile, in the woods, Kawaki growled slightly. Dammit, Boruto... It's probably 'cause he's Otsutsuki, too. Or due to our affinity. He's sensing me via something like wave patterns.

Code had become bored as he await the adopted Uzumaki. He had his hand up to his ear, ready to hear Eida if Kawaki was nearby.

"Kawaki's outside the village. Heading due west," Eida informed. "I wonder why?"

"Heh. Whatever it is... I'll just ask him directly."

For real? It feels like Kawaki might be outside the village at this point! Boruto thought to himself.

"Hey, Kawaki, what're you thinking!?" Boruto shouted at his "brother". "It's too risky! Come back!"

"Quit making a fuss. Listen, don't you dare interfere, Boruto," Kawaki replied calmly.

Boruto ran to the window. He sung it open and got the attention of the watcher. "Hey, you! Are you monitoring our chakra!? You better not be spacing out!" Boruto shouted.

"H-Huh?" The watcher was evidently confused.

"Kawaki's broken out! He's pretty far away! Can't you sense him!?" Boruto continued shouted.

"I know your movements. I'm tracking your chakra at all times," the watcher reassured. "Don't bother lying. I know you're both in that room."

"Gah! Forget it!" Boruto said, running back inside. He ran past the clone Kawaki, who watched his every move.

***

Code, with his hand up to his ear, continued jumping on tree after tree.

"A little more to the right," Eida instructed. "That's it. Now keep going straight."

"All this just for your little boyfriend, Big Sis?" Miyuki questioned, taking Daemon off of the oldest of the cyborg siblings.

"Ah, darling, you don't understand anything about love. You're too young," Eida said, blushing.

"Shut up," Code interrupted. "It's been a long time since we last saw each other. What should we talk about first?"

Miyuki sighed. "You know, I'll never understand the concept of love or boys in general," she said, ruffing her sleeping brother's hair.

***

Boruto ran down the stairs and into the kitchen in a panic. "Dad! Kawaki's vanished!"

"Huh? What's that?" Naruto inquired, confused.

"I dunno why, but he ran off! We gotta go after him!" Boruto shouted.

"Run off? But that can't be," Naruto brushed him off.

"I'm serious! I think he's erasing his chakra. That's why the Sensory Unit guy had noticed!" Boruto shouted.

Naruto and Boruto headed outside to meet the watcher. "Hey, Nishi! You're monitoring Kawaki's chakra, right?" the blonde male questioned.

"Good evening, Lord Seventh," Nishi greeted. "All is good. Both your son and Kawaki are in the residence."

"It's a shadow double-ganger!" Boruto announces, running over. "A decoy! The actual Kawaki's on the run with his chakra erased. He's likely beyond the village by now!"

"Nishi! Widen your range and see carefully," Naruto ordered. "Have other unit members assist. And notify Shikamaru as well."

"Gah," Kawaki groaned in the room as he disappeared.

***

The real Kawaki continued jumping away. "Darn that Boruto. Mind your own business," Kawaki told himself. Kawaki's eyes shifted behind him, seeing Code approching fast. "CODE!!"

Code threw a claw mark at Kawaki, and it managed to grab hold of Kawaki. Code then went through a claw mark on a passing tree, then appeared on Kawaki's back. "Yo, Kawaki. Long time no see. You can weight?"

***

Back in the Uzumaki household, Boruto followed Naruto up the stairs. "You said he's erased his chakra? How the heck is he doing it?" Naruto questioned his son.

"I don't really know, but that's how he managed to slip out!" Boruto said. "We need to go after him!"

"But if you're right, how come you're able to perceive him when even the Sensory Unit can't?" Naruto inquired.

"I, uh... I'm not so sure, myself..." Boruto mumbled.

Naruto reached the top of the stairs. "I hope I'm wrong, but you better not be plotting something with Kawaki," he said.

"What the!? For real!? You're doubting me!?" Boruto shouted in shock.

"Not exactly, but you were complaining about how stressful being watched was," Naruto defended his reason.

"Well, I wasn't lying about that, but..." Boruto tried reasoning. Naruto opened the door and him and Boruto walked in, seeing the clone Kawaki had disappeared. "The double-ganger's gone! That bastard!"

Nishi landed on the open window sill. "Lord Seventh," he called "Kawaki's chakra signature has suddenly disappeared! I swear he was here until just now."

"That was a shadow double-ganger!" Boruto said. "You were totally tricked, mister!"

"What...?" Nishi questioned.

Naruto got incontact with Shikamaru. "Kawaki's MIA?" Shikamaru questioned when he heard Naruto's reason for contacting him. "Whaddaya mean? What happened? Is it Code's doing!?"

"I dunno, but according to Boruto, Kawaki ran off on his own, slipping past the watcher," Naruto explained. "Sorry... He slipped out right under my nose. This was my failure."

"I don't get it. He seemed to be acclimating so well. Where could he be heading?" Ino inquired.

"It doesn't matter why. We need to find him," Shikamaru told his former teammate. "He's one of Code's targets, it's risky to leave him by himself."

"I'll handle it! Deploy the Sensory Unit," Ino ordered.

"There is a small catch," Naruto interrupted. "Kawaki's chakra is currently undetectable, for reasons unknown."

"What!? You're kidding," Shikamaru said in shock.

Boruto stared at the closed window. Kawaki's presence... is gone now, too. He's travelled that far away already!?

Boruto ran to the door. "I gotta go after him... before it's too late!" he shouted.

"Now where do you think you're going, Boruto!?" Naruto shouted at his look-alike.

"The Sensory Unit won't find him! And if I wait any longer, neither will I!" the youngest boy shouted.

"We adults will handle it! You stay put!" Naruto ordered, Nishi stayed quiet at the window.

"But Dad!" Boruto tried reasoning.

Naruto turned away from his son for a moment. "You still there, Ino? Search every nook and cranny, while keeping an eye out for the enemy," Naruto ordered. When he looked back over to his son, he was gone.

"What!? How'd you loose track of Kawaki?" Amado questioned. "What're your watchers doing?"

"Let's not waste time discussing that now. The bigger issue is that Kawaki ran off on his own will!" Shikamaru brushed Amado off. "What's his motive? Why's he doing this?"

Amado remained quiet as he lit another smoke.

***

Boruto was heading outside the village. When I last sensed him, I think he left the village and was heading west! I gotta find him! So that even if they still can't detect Kawaki's, they can use my chakra to track us both down!

***

Kawaki and Code engaged in a battle. "Such a violent greeting for not having seen each other in forever," Code commented. He kicked Kawaki away.

"Code! Don't accidently kill him!" Eida said.

Miyuki gently rubbed Daemon's back. Love's so... strange. Big Sister is obsessed with this Kawaki guy... What's so special about him?

Code landed on the ground gracefully. "Relax. Let's have a little talk about our futures," Code said.

A bright light came out of Kawaki's right hand and created a big ball that headed towards Code. It exploded upon impact.

Code appeared behind him. "Fool. You would've been safe in the village. Whatever made you decide to venture out by yourself?"

Kawaki angrily turned behind him. "I came to see you, Code! I just didn't think you'd so yourself so soon!" Kawaki said angrily.

"Oh? What about?" Code inquired.

"I heard that you wanna exact revenge against Otsutsuki Isshiki's killers?" Kawaki questioned, knowing full well the answer to the question.

Code didn't flich at the fact that Kawaki knew. "Yeah, that's right. You're well-informed. I plan on having at least four people die," he said, staring right into Kawaki's eyes.

"I'm the one who killed Isshiki. The other's weren't involved," Kawaki tried convincing the older boy. "So kill me, and leave Konoha out of it. It all happened because of me. If I hadn't fled Kara to begin with, we wouldn't be in this situation."

"Heh... Heh, heh. Ha ha ha!" Code laughed like a maniac. "That's what you wanted to talk about? You came all the way out here to make such a ridiculous proposal? To have me overlook your friends in exchange for your own life?" Code kicked Kawaki in the stomach. "You've commited a serious crime, for sure. Graver than anyone else. But that's a seperate conversation. I'm killing everyone involved in Isshiki's death, reguardless of who or how many there are," Code said.

"Please, Code..." Kawaki begged as he tried getting up. "Don't... harm Konoha..." Code kicked him in the face.

"Hey!" Eida angrily said.

"Big Sis, I'm sure everything will be fine," Miyuki reassured.

"Miyuki, darlin', you're only fourteen. You wouldn't understand love just yet," Eida brushed her off.

"I hope so. I hate the idea of love," Miyuki said.

Meanwhile, Code picked Kawaki's head up, looking at his dirty face. "ENOUGH! NO MATTER FOR HOW A SHORT TIME, YOUR BODY WAS ISSHIKI'S RIGHTFUL VESSEL! SO DON'T YOU DARE DEFILE IT BY GROVELING ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES!" he shouted furiously.

"You're the one who needs to quit it, Code!" Eida shouted. "Aww! You've totally battered Kawaki's pretty face!"

"He's not that pretty," Miyuki commented to his sister.

"You know nothing!" Eida retorted.

"What's all the noise? Is it morning already!?" Daemon suddenly woke up, scaring Miyuki, who was holding him.

"It's still night, go back to sleep!" Eida shouted.

Code let go of Kawaki's face. He went falling down to the ground, barely concious. "You see, Kawaki, I already know. I know what happened to Otsutsuki Isshiki. How he died that day. The whole story. All the details," Code said. "I've inherited the Otsutsuki will, and as per the late Isshiki's wishes. I'll cultivate a Divine Tree on this planet and procure its Chakra Fruit.

I think you know already, but the Divine Tree devours all of the chakra existing on a planet. Unless you escape to another dimension, nearly everyone and everything will die. Do you understand? Extracting revenge against Isshiki's killers is just the first stage of the bigger catastrophe to come. In short, it's just a personal obsession of mine, to kill them all, directly with my own hands, before they are devoured by the Divine Tree. The end result's the same. That of everyone dying.

So you see, your puny existance doesn't matter. We're talking about a whole different scale of things." Code grabbed Kawaki's neck, holding him up. "Oh, one more thing. Something important I should tell you. You might find it weird, but you're excluded from my vengeance list," he said. "There's someone who wants to meet you. Though it really irks me that you seem to always be needed by somebody." Claw marks appeared under Code as he headed under it, taking Kawaki with him. "You're coming with me," he said.

Suddenly, Code was kicked away by none other than Uzumaki Boruto. Kawaki's eyes widened in shock as Code and Boruto skidded to a stop. Kawaki turned to the blonde boy, who was now in front of him.

"Yeesh! Next time, at least tell me where you're going, will ya!? Just so I don't get yelled at!" Boruto shouted, not taking his eyes off of Code.

"Boruto!" Kawaki shouted in shock.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

102K 1.3K 56
Read the story!!!!!
183K 5.5K 61
๐๐„๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐„๐‹๐ƒ๐„๐’๐“ child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
3.3M 129K 59
โ•ฐโ‹ฏโžค [#๐Ÿท๐Ÿถ ๐™ต๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ | ๐™ฒ๐™พ๐™ผ๐™ฟ๐™ป๐™ด๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ณ ] โ๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ต๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ. ๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ต๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฏ๐—ฎ...
3.6K 276 23
"๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ฎ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." "๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐." . . . ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’… ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ท๐’“...