PJO Victory Is Within (Annabe...

By Foxspiritdragon

"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgust... More

Book 1:The Lightening Thief
On The Run
I Get Drenched in Water
He's bowed to but I'm called abnormal
I joined his quest to prove myself
Struck by Lightning, and Old Ladies Really Want Us?
The sky's the limit!
Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird
Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino
We take rides and slide down to our death
Hades Tells Us The Truth Sort Of
Beating Ares. Saying Goodbye. And meeting my mom?
An Awkward Tea Party With A Sad Tale
Book 2: Sea of Monsters
Too Much For One Day
Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home
Not The Pigeons Please
Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER
We Board The Princess Andromeda
Worst Family Reunion

TRAITOR

975 39 37
By Foxspiritdragon

Well here it is the final chapter of The Lightening Thief. Let's see how it goes shall we? I hope you enjoy.

While flying back to camp I thought about everything I was revealed by my mother. Usually when I fly, I feel calm and the air felt nice. But right now I wasn't enjoying it much. Who would after all that? 

My brain put a lock on that old memory because it caused me the most pain. My dad died in my own arms and just remembering his pained expression made me tremble. He—No we were betrayed, and I believe nothing hurts more than being betrayed by someone you thought was a friend. 

I speed through the sky leaving a trail of light behind me as I spun in and out of the clouds. As I weaved into another cloud something unexpected happened. The inside of the cloud suddenly sparked to life with lightening, not only that something had materialized inside the cloud hitting me in the process. I only caught a glimpse of thunder crackling over glowing yellow eyes? 

I fell through the air spinning out of control, I was about to crash on the top of a building if I hadn't maneuvered my body to be able to spread my wings into a glide. I landed on the top of the building with a sliding halt. 

I looked up to the sky and when I did I only saw a shape for a split second. Before it neighed? And vanish in another crack of thunder. For a second I thought it was Zeus trying to kill me again, but he and mom had an agreement he can't hurt me as long I as stand along side the gods. So then what was that? I might need to research my old journal if there's anything for that?

For now I needed to get back to camp, but this time I might take flight closer to the ground. . . .

I landed on Half-Blood hill's crest, I sat down to wait for Percy since it seemed he wasn't here yet. If he were I think I would've heard the celebration from here. 

It wasn't long when he started up the hill, when he looked up he smiled seeing me. 

"Took you long enough Seaweed Brain" I said sarcastically

"Just talked with my mom for bit" he said "I was happy to see her" he continued. Which I believed, he had been so worried for her safety since we started this quest.

"Yeah well it's over and she's back home" I said. "Now let's finish up this quest"

He nodded and we walked through the barrier 

We were the first heroes to return alive to Camp since Luke, so of course everybody treated Percy, Grover and Annabeth as if they'd won the Olympics. I stood far behind them as to not be singled out as the odd ball again. What I didn't expect was Percy grabbing my arm and pulling me close to them. He told everyone everything I did to keep them safe from Medusa, Echidna and her son Chimera. 

Then I felt someone put their hand on the center of my back giving me chills. I turned around, it was Selina Beauregard, she was admiring my wings she even plucked one of the feathers and placed it in her hair. Next thing I knew I was lifted up into the air by the near look-a-like Stoll brothers. They cheered my name excitedly even other campers chanted along.

It's been awhile since I had this sense of happiness, but after they put me down I felt this cold eerie feeling in my chest. Then his words ringed in my head again "That anyone you loved would meet a terrible fate." Again, I know he said that anyone I loved, but does that only mean romantically or platonically. . . 

"No, that is a stupid thing to ask, The other heroes I spent time with were loving friendships. The only one that was different was—Anyway they all met with terrible fates. Even Heracles who got himself poisoned." I thought to myself. 

I didn't have time to think more about it as I was pulled along with the others. According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor. My stomach grumbled thinking of the food. The wreath was placed on my head gave me a feeling that I didn't like. So I instinctively removed it off my head, holding it in front of me reminding me of the one I wore as a kid in the old days and the one my dad wore—I didn't feel like I was ready to wear this.

During the big feast I gave my portions to the gods. I was about to sit down next to the center hearth again, but Percy broke a rule and pulled me to his table. I half expecting Mr. D would get mad, but he let it slide for today. I thanked him and enjoyed the great meal with Percy whose lips and tongue were a dark indigo from his drink Blue Diet Coke

Then the camp led a procession down to the bonfire, where Percy and Annabeth got to burn the burial shrouds the cabins had made for the in our absence. I was grateful none of us died.

Annabeth's shroud was so beautiful—gray silk with embroidered owls—I joked it was a shame we had to burn it we could have used it for later if she ever did die. Percy on the other hand told her it was a shame not to bury her in it. She punched us both, I looked at Percy faking I was offended. He smirked running to Grover. 

"I doubt that day will ever come with you here to save me—us." she coughed  "Right Lucky?" Annabeth whispered jokingly to me.

I stared into fire feeling it's warmth "Yeah I hope the same" I said

Percy being the son of Poseidon, he didn't have any other brothers or sisters, so the Ares Cabin had volunteered to make him a shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. 

Percy said it was fun to burn.

I didn't get a shroud. No one really wanted to make one for the odd Demigod with two godly parents, but I was fine with that. I mean at least I'm not dead right?

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, Percy and I were surrounded by our old Hermes cabinmates, The Stoll brothers had admitted it was them who pulled the prank on me. They apologized many times, but I waved it off showing them my hands were fine and fully healed. 

Annabeth was with her family in the Athena cabin, and Grover was with his satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand-new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past"

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates, Clarisse was glaring daggers at me, which told she hasn't gotten over what happened when I first arrived. Not to mention the fact we beat her dad.

That was completely fine with me the jerk had it coming.

Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't all that bad. "Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday. . . ."

Yes thank you I've had my enough of swimming after this quest. I hate feeling all top heavy from the weight of the water my wings.

Everyone was going back to their respected cabins feeling tired after the party. I didn't, I stayed looking up at the night sky. I was hoping to talk to Luke alone again, but he was always surrounded by his cabinmates. 

I heard hooves clopping on the stone ground. It was Chiron. He came to me holding a camping backpack with a rolled up tent tied above it. 

"Hello Chiron" I said 

"How are you child, I see that you weren't particularly enjoying yourself tonight. Is something wrong?" he asked

I looked at the half horse man and wondered if he lied to me not knowing me so I had to ask

"Chiron, did you lie about me not meeting you before?" I said

He looked me surprised, but he didn't need to lie to me anymore he nodded his head 

"Yes, I did and I do apologize for that. But I only did it because you looked so lost and confused not knowing who you really were" he said

"But how. . . how is it that you remember me?" I asked him

"What do you mean child?" he asked

I told everything that happened during our time in the underworld facing the lord of death. I told him how Hades had cursed me to be forgotten by the people in the mortal world. Chiron looked perplexed

"Well we did meet more than once, you were with Perseus, Heracles and even Patroclus and Achilles" When he said those last names I felt like my chest cave in.

"But then didn't you forget me in small intervals?" I asked

"No child I would never forget one of my pupils" he said with a twinkle in his eyes. "How could I forget someone who made a great impact in my life as a mentor. You Y/n Felix are one of my greatest students" he finished 

He patted my back reassuring me some more. He handed me the backpack that he carried in his other arm

"The goddess Nike left this for you in the big house." he said

I took the backpack from him I expected it to weight a lot, but it felt extremely light like there wasn't anything inside it. 

"Yeah she told me you'd give me this and another thing" I said

He nodded his head 

"The other can wait until the end of the summer session" he said "Now let's set up the new tent of yours" he said 

I stood up, when I did he had his hand out in front of me. I took it and he lifted me off the ground and on to his back. We enjoyed the night breeze as he strode to a patch of open space by the Athena cabin. He helped me down and put up my new tent. It was an orange tent that said Camp-half blood Nike tent with wings sprouting. 

"I'm starting to feel sleepy just looking at it." I said "But before I do go to sleep, Chiron what can you tell me about Hyperion?" I asked

Chiron looked at me confused then down to my right hand where my bracelets sat comfortably. He rubbed his hand on his chin like he was thinking of a way to explain it.

"Well Hyperion is the Titan god of heavenly light and power, lord of the eastern corner of the world. He was imprisoned in Tartarus during the titan war. He was very powerful, 3rd most power titan in fact." He said

I materialized my bow in my hands remembering what Ares had said and the fact I didn't have the quiver anymore

"Oh that's right. I'm sorry Chiron the quiver you lent me fell off me when we were in the underworld." I said

"Oh don't worry child I'm just glad all four of you came home safe." he said "I would like to know more about you wanting to know about a titan god." he said

I looked at the golden bow with a symbol of the rising sun, descending moon and a shining star in the center all combined into one. The draw string looked plain and simple yet, Ares said it was the bow of that Titan god. 

"It's just that when we faced Ares, he said that this bow used to belong to Hyperion." I said " I doubted it at first thinking no demigod could just take a weapon that powerful. But seeing what happened with the master bolt. . .I think I'm starting to believe it might be true" I finished admiring the bow

"It looks similar, I should know I fought along side the Olympians during the tian war. But Hyperion's bow was always glowing even when he discarded the bow and continued to fight with a sword." he said

I nodded changing the bow back into a bracelet. A yawn escaped my lips

"Get some sleep Y/n, from what the other three said about you. You deserve it." he said 

I thanked him one last time before turning around and entering my tent, but just before I was inside he stopped me one last time.

"Y/n about your curse. Don't let it bring you down or change you" he said. 

I looked up at him seeing the worry on his face. "I won't, goodnight Chiron"

When I entered my tent I expected I would sleep on the ground. But when my mother said it would have everything I might need she wasn't kidding. Inside the tent it wasn't dark or low to the ground with little space. No, instead it was an averaged sized room with a bed, a coffee table, a closet with a dresser, and in the center of the tent was a chandelier? I guess she still wants to keep something classy. 

I looked inside the dresser and closet. It was filled with a ton of replacement Camp-half blood shirts with her symbol on them, and there were 3 pairs of shoes. I brushed my teeth, changed into my sleep wear and laid in bed falling asleep instantaneously. 

***

When the Athena kids left their cabin in the morning it was a shock to see a small little tent with the goddess Nike symbol on it. But when the only child of Nike came out it, with a massive case of bed hair. They all laughed and waved at teen who of course did the same. 

On the Fourth of July(Annabeth explained to me it was a festive day) the whole camp gathered at the beach for a fireworks display by cabin nine. Being Hephaestus's kids, they weren't going to settle for a few lame explosions. They'd anchored a barge offshore and loaded it with rockets the size of, what did Percy call them Patriot missiles? According to Annabeth, who'd seen the show before, the blasts would be sequenced so tightly they'd look like frames of animation across the sky. The finale was supposed to be a couple of hundred-foot-tall Spartan warriors who would crackle to life above the ocean, fight a battle, then explode into a million colors.

I was sitting on the ground a bit away from Annabeth and Percy who were spreading a picnic blanket, Grover showed up to tell us good-bye. He was dressed in his usual jeans and T-shirt and sneakers, but in the last few weeks he'd started to look older, almost high-school age. His goatee had gotten thicker. He'd put on weight. His horns had grown  at least an inch, so he now had to wear his rasta cap all the time to pass as human. 

"I'm off," he said. "I just came to say . . . well, you know."

I was happy for the guy, he's finally able to go do what he was meant to do. Finding the great god Pan. Percy looked a little sad that his best friend was leaving his side, but at the same time he felt happy too. 

Annabeth gave him a hug. She told him to keep his fake feet on. 

"Good luck Grover and keep your nose on high alert just in case." I said giving him a thumbs up. 

He smiled gratefully "I will Y/n" he said.

Percy asked him where he was going to search first

"kind of a secret," he said, looking embarrassed. "I wish you could come with me, guys, but humans and Pan. . ."

"We understand," Annabeth said. "You got enough tin cans for the trip?"

"Yeah."

"And you remembered your reed pipes?"

"Jeez, Annabeth," he grumbled. "You're like an old mama goat."

But he didn't really sound annoyed.

He gripped his walking stick and slung a backpack over his shoulder. 

"Well," he said "wish me luck."

He gave Annabeth another hug. He clapped me and Percy on the shoulder, then headed back through the dunes.

Fireworks exploded to life overhead: Great the one person I don't want to see again was fighting the Nemean lion . . . Heracles. I felt my pocket for my old leather journal. Out of everyone I knew he was the worst. Next in the fireworks show was Artemis chasing the boar, George Washington (who apparently was a son of Athena) crossing the Delaware. 

"Hey, Grover," Percy called

He turned at the edge of the woods. 

"Wherever you're going—I hope they make good enchiladas."

Grover grinned, and then he was gone, the trees closing around him.

"We'll see him again." Annabeth said.

"Definitely" I said 

 Percy kept his gaze where his best friend left his face was combination of worry and hopefulness. He nodded his head and watch the rest of the fireworks with us.

July passed.

I spent my days getting to know more about this modern time, since most things are still new to me. Thanks to Annabeth of course, without her I would be confusion things on a regular basis. I would spend most of my free time at Archery, I wanted to know if this bow really was that special. Being it used to belong to a tian god now trapped in Tartarus. Nothing happened just regular bow doing regular bow things. 

Percy liked to invite me to race him on the lava spewing climbing wall. Still even without my wings I managed to get to the top before him. Yet, he surprised me by making it to the top. Before he would y'know fall a lot. I could see in his face something seem to bother him and I doubt it was the racing.

The last night of the summer session came all too quickly. 

The campers had one last meal together. We burned part of our dinner for the gods. At the bonfire, the senior counselors awarded the end-of-summer beads.

Percy got his own leather necklace and apparently Chiron told the senior counselors to not give me one. Instead I only got my bead for my first summer, I felt face heat up when Luke handed it to me. I was glad the firelight covered my red face. The design was pitch black, with a sea-green trident shimmering in the center. 

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced. "This bead commemorates the first Son of the Sea God at this camp, and the quest he undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!"

The entire camp got to their feet and cheered. Even the Ares's cabin felt obliged to stand. Athena's cabin cabin steered Annabeth to the front so she could share in the applause. It was so sudden she bumped into me from behind. I waved it off with a smile as she apologized.

I was so happy that I found a family, but again Hades's words rang in my head. . . Everyone seemed to slow down around me. I always thought after the quest I would become a year rounder camper, but after finding out I was the reason my old companions met their horrible fates. . .Sure most them would be leaving for the year, but there are still some who are staying. 

Once I was able escape the cheering and celebrations, I sat down at a near by bench to clam my mind. There was so much to think about, yet so little time. I had to make a choice. Should I stay and risk my new homes safety, or leave for the year and come back only if my friends needed help. . .

I was startled by Chiron placing his hand on my shoulder, nearly dropping my bead. I looked up at him.

"Are you okay Y/n?" he said "You were staring at your bead, lost in thoughts perhaps?" he asked

"It's nothing" I lied 

"I see should you need anyone to talk to I am here child" he said "Now I'd say your probably wondering why you didn't get a leather necklace like the rest." 

He showed me what he had hidden in his hand. It was a small box with a slide type of lid, I looked at it curiously the design looked almost as ancient as. . .well me.

"That's for me?" I asked

He nodded and handed me the box. I shook the box and I heard a rattle like marbles? I slide the lid off and inside I saw a leather necklace bounded with 6 different beads. The symbols on the beads matched to the symbols I had drawn in my journal. Each bead representing one of my old friends and or our encounter.

Perseus's symbol was the head of Medusa

Atalanta's symbol was the head of a lion and inside it's mouth was an golden apple

Phaethon's symbol was a horse pulled chariot followed by the sun

Bellerophon's symbol was a Pegasus and Bellerophon fighting the Chimera, both creatures on their hind legs.

Heracles's bead(Just looking at it makes remember his constant bullying). His symbol was his flexing arm with a thunder bolt striking his bicep. In his hand he carried the skin of a lion. Yeah that is definitely coming off.

 I removed it and replaced it with a better hero Percy Jackson's bead.

There was one more bead that I didn't quite understand, but something about reminded me of what happened when I was hit in the sky. On both sides of the bead there was a horse's face with a bolt across their eye. One had it on its left and the other had it on its right. Then one with the bolt on the left had a blue bolt, meanwhile the one with the bolt on it's right had a yellow bolt.  What's odd about this one as well, on the empty sides were the symbols for the number thirteen

XIII

Something tells me that what attacked me in the sky after leaving the Empire State Building, was connected to this. This seemed to be also connected to the number thirteen. (Sorry, I didn't really have time to read it that far.)

I wrapped it around my neck

"Thanks Chiron my memories are still a bit hazy but having this is sure to make them return in full." I said tucking it  under my shirt. 

I pocketed the small box. Chiron only smiled and walked back to Mr. D. I wanted to talk to Luke but he was again surrounded by his cabinmates. So I spent the rest of the night alone a good distance away from the other campers.

***

The next morning, I found a letter taped to my tent.

I knew Dionysus must've filled it out, because he wrote out my name wrong:

Dear  (Gibberish first name) flaps

 If you intend to stay at Camp Half-Blood year- round, you must inform the Big House by noon today. If you do not announce your intentions, we will assume you have left with your tent or died a horrible death. Cleaning harpies will begin at sundown. They will be authorized to eat any unregistered campers. All personal articles left behind will be incinerated in the lave pit.

Have a nice day!

Mr. D (Dionysus)

Camp Director, Olympian Council #12

My ADHD kicked in, and I believe it might excel my fellow demigods here. Since I do have both Roman and Greek blood in me. I was hardwired to move about. I was itching to train some more, So I went to the archery fields.

"Nothing" I said once again 

No matter how many arrows I fired nothing changed maybe there was nothing special about it. Maybe it was just a regular bow tossed away by a god and I was chasing a delusion. Either way it was fun getting practice. I heard hooves coming from behind me and I immediately knew it was Chiron. 

I notched two arrows and fired them each hitting the center of different targets.

"Well done" he said clapping 

After hearing his praise I knew my face contained a grin. I picked up three more arrows, I put one in my mouth and notched two. I released the draw sting letting the arrows fly, quickly I notched the one in my mouth. The two arrows hit their targets and the following arrow for a second I thought the tip of the arrow brightened, but it broke through one of already impaled arrows dead center. 

"Yes" I cheered

"It's gotten pretty late child, but I can see how much you've improved from your first time holding a bow many many years ago." he said placing a hand on my shoulder

My bow changed back to bracelet form. I hadn't realized it has gotten so late the sun was about ready to set. 

"Oh wow you weren't kidding it is getting late, I'm going to go look for Percy." I said

I dismissed myself from Chiron as he said he would put away the arrows I had left over.

Looking for Percy was hard, I looked for him in cabin 3 nothing there, I looked by the beach where the fireworks took place also not there. I asked a few water spirits if they've seen Percy which none of them did. 

I was walking back to main cabin area until a dryad caught my attention. She was small and petite, with wispy hair the color of amber, and a pretty face. She was pretty much all green but her white chiton and sandals(which reminded me of my old attire) fit her nicely. She was checking on a bush happily humming to herself.

I remembered her talking to Grover during the celebration and him none stop telling us about her. I think her name was Juniper?

"Hey Juniper right?" I asked. She nodded "Sorry for bothering you but have you seen Percy?"

She held her hand on her chin really trying to focus

"Yeah I did he and Luke where walking towards the old creek" she said.

"Old creek, old creek, Oh I know where that is" I said "Thanks for the help Juniper" I shouted running in the opposite direction  

***

A shadow passed over Luke's face.

His blonde hair was gray in the sunlight. The scar on his face looked deeper than usual. I could imagine him as an old man.

"I've lived at Half-blood Hill year-round since I was fourteen," he told me "Ever since Thalia . . .well, you know. I trained, and trained, and trained. I never got to be a normal teenager, out there in the real world. Then they threw me one quest, and when I come back, it was like, 'Okay, ride's over. Have a nice life.'"

He crumpled his Coke can and threw into the creek, which really shocked me. One of the first things you learn at Camp Half-Blood is: Don't litter. You'll hear from the nymphs and the naiads. They'll get even. You'll crawl into bed one night and find your sheets filled with centipedes and mud.

"The heck with laurel wreaths," Luke said. "I'm not going to end up like those dusty trophies in the Big House attic."

"You make it sound like you're leaving."

Luke gave me a twisted smile. "Oh, I'm leaving, all right, Percy. I brought you down here away from him to say good-bye."

He snapped his fingers. A small fire burned a hole in the ground at my feet. Out crawled something glistening black, the size of my hand. A scorpion.

I started to go for my pen.

"I wouldn't," Luke cautioned. "Pit scorpions can jump up to fifteen feet. Its stinger can pierce right through you clothes. You'll be dead in sixty seconds."

"Luke, what—"

Then it hit me.

You will be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.

"You," I said

He stood calmly and brushed off his jeans.

The scorpion paid him no attention. It kept its beady black eyes on me, clamping its pincers as it crawled onto my shoe.

"I saw a lot out there in the world, Percy," Luke said. "Didn't you feel it—the darkness gathering, the monster growing stronger? Didn't you realize how useless it all is? All the heroics—being pawns of the gods, epically him. They should've been overthrown thousands of years ago, but they've hung on, thanks to us half-bloods."

I couldn't believe this was happening. 

"Luke . . . you're talking about our parents," I said

He laughed. "That's supposed to make me love them? Their precious 'Western civilization is a disease, Percy. It's killing the world. The only way to stop it is to burn it to the ground, start over with something more honest."

"You're as crazy as Ares."

His eyes flared. "Ares is a fool. He never realized the true master he was serving. If I had time, Percy, I could explain. But I'm afraid you won't live that long."

The scorpion crawled onto my pants leg.

There had to be a way out of this. To think I Y/n would be the traitor. . .if only he were here now.

"Kronos," I said. "That's who you serve."

The air got colder.

"You should be careful with names," Luke warned

"Kronos got you to steal the master bolt and the helm. He spoke to you in your dreams."

Luke's twitched "He spoke to you, too, Percy. You should've listened."

"He's brainwashing you, Luke."

"You're wrong. He showed me that my talents are being wasted. You know what my quest was two years ago, Percy? My father, Hermes, wanted me to steal a golden apple from the Garden of the Hesperides and return it to Olympus. After all the training I'd done, that was the best he could think up."

"That's not an easy quest," I said. "Heracles did it."

"Exactly," Luke said. "Where's the glory in repeating what others have done? All the gods know how to do is replay their past. My heart wasn't in it. The dragon in the garden gave me this"—he pointed angrily at his scar—"and when I came back, all I got was pity. I wanted to pull Olympus down stone by stone right then, but I bided my time. I began to dream of Kronos. He convinced me to steal something worthwhile, something no hero had ever had the courage to take. When we went on that winter-solstice field trip, while the other campers were asleep. I snuck into the throne room and took Zeus's master bolt right from his chair. Hades's helm of darkness, too. You wouldn't believe how easy it was. The Olympians are so arrogant; they never dreamed someone would dare steal from them. Their security is horrible. I was halfway across New Jersey before I heard the storms rumbling, and I knew they'd discovered my theft."

The scorpion was sitting on my knee now, staring at me with it's glittering eyes. I tried to keep my voice level. "So why didn't you bring the items to Kronos?"

Luke's smile wavered. "I . . . I got overconfident. Zeus sent out his sons and daughters to find the stolen bolt— Artemis, Apollo, my father, Hermes. But it was Ares who caught me. I could have beaten him,  but I wasn't careful enough. He disarmed me, took the items of power, threatened to return them to Olympus and burn me alive. Then Kronos's voice came to me and told me what to say. I put the idea in Ares's head about a great war between the gods. I said all he had to do was hide the items away for a while and watch the others fight. Ares got a wicked gleam in his eyes. I knew he was hooked. He let me go, and returned to Olympus before anyone noticed my absence." Luke drew his new sword. He ran his thumb down the flat of the blade, as if he were hypnotized by its beauty. "Afterwards, the Lord of the titans . . .h-he punished me with nightmares. I swore not to fail again. Back at Camp Half-Blood, in my dreams, I was told that a second hero would arrive, one who could be tricked into taking the bolt and the helm the rest of the way—from Ares down to Tartarus." 

he paused anger spreading through his face 

"But they didn't say anything about him, no warning about him. A hero from an ancient era. The incarnation of victory. He's the biggest threat to my Lord's plans. So I got close to him and figured out that he's trusting far too trusting. All he thinks is to protect his 'friends'. So I did what I had to finish him off."

"We had to make Chiron think the camp wasn't safe for you, so he would start you on your quest. We had to confirm his fears that Hades was after you. And it worked, of course it would have been better if Y/n hadn't been here to protect you."

"The flying shoes and Y/n backpack were cursed." I said. "They were to drag us into Tartarus."

"And they would have, if you'd been wearing the shoes. But you gave them to the satyr, which wasn't part of the plan. Grover messes up everything he touches, and how is that Y/n survived?!" he said "He should have fell in as well"

Luke looked down at the scorpion, which was on my thigh. "You both should have died in Tartarus, Percy. But don't worry. I'll leave you with my little friend to set things right. I deal with Y/n in the near future."

"Thalia gave her life to save you," I said, gritting my teeth. "And this how you repay her?" 

"Don't speak of Thalia!" he shouted "The gods let her die! That's one of the many things they will pay for."

"You're being used, Luke. You and Ares both. Don't listen to Kronos."

"I've been used?" Luke's voice turned shrill. "Look at yourself. What has your dad ever done for you? Kronos will rise. You've only delayed his plans. He will cast the Olympians into Tartarus and drive humanity back to their caves. All except the strongest—the ones who serve him"

"Call off the bug," I said. "If you're so strong, fight me yourself"

Luke smiled, "Nice try, Percy. But I'm not Ares. You can't bait me. My lord is waiting, and he's got plenty of quests for me to undertake."

"Luke—"

"Good-bye, Percy. There is a new Golden Age coming. You won't be part of it."

The scorpion lunged 

I tried to swat it, but it managed to pierce my hand

The chilly night became hot and from within the forest a golden arrow made of light shot across the sky hitting the scorpion. Another followed hitting Luke in the shoulder. A mighty roar fueled by anger shook the ground a bit. Out of the woods came the one person Luke trembled upon seeing. It was so fast Luke had barely managed to guard against a spiraling flying spear.

Y/n Felix had ran out of the woods and I couldn't read his face. He was shaking. It wasn't fear, no far from it. When he looked up I saw tears trying to escape from his eyes. He—He was seething. . . 

*** 

I had finally made it close the old creek, what I saw, what I had barely manage to hear made my heart sink. . .The scorpion was from Tartarus it would kill Percy if I didn't do something. But I wasn't going to make it in time. My bracelet was burning hot all of a sudden it forced itself into the bow form.

WHAT GOOD IS A BOW WITHOUT ARROWS

I roared in anger

 I could not bare the thought of losing Percy. I was getting angry I didn't have time to stop it. The bow began to glow along with the heat in my body. 

My bodies heat. . .Hyperion was a god of light. . .what does light have heat.

I channeled all the heat in my body and to do that was to release it all in anger

The draw string began to glow I pulled it back, an arrow made of light spiraled to life and I fired. It hit the scorpion turning it to dust. I created another arrow hitting the back turned Luke.

I changed my bow into a spear I spun it like rolling a tortilla in the air. I punched the butt end of the spear and it fired like a cannon. I ran out of the woods and stood there for a second. My bracelet was back in my hand and Luke stood shaking.

I didn't want to believe this. I turned to Percy he tried to talk but the scorpion's poison was already effecting his body. 

All he managed was a simple word that shook me to the core. "Traitor" as he pointed at Luke.

"Why Luke?" I asked

He stopped himself from shaking, but I could see the uneasiness within him.

"I don't have time to explain everything again My lord is waiting for me." He said. 

"Kronos" Percy wince warning me.

My eyes widened

"You're working for Kronos, Why?" I croaked

He sighed "Why couldn't you have just died in the pit?" he said. "You should have fallen along side Percy with that backpack." 

"Luke I—I opened my heart to you"

"That's the point I wanted you to trust me so I could kill much easier for my lord."

It was like he already stabbed me in the heart. This great pain. I've felt this before after losing my father. . .After losing someone I loved.

Being betrayed by one you called a friend . . .how could I be so stupid this world was still cruel as before. I was like my father, I was too trusting and in the end, vial monsters like the duke, like Luke. . . take from us.

Something deep within my roots resurfaced. A feeling  well know to me when on the battlefield. . . fight to survive, kill or be killed. I discarded those feeling I once had for Luke ready for this fight no holding back.

I summoned my dagger and walked towards Luke

"You really want to fight with Percy's condition he'll die in sixty seconds." he warned 

I looked at him dead in the eyes. He took a step back raising his odd looking blade. Silver on one side bronze on the other. 

"That's fine that leaves me with 5 seconds to get him to Chiron" 

"Wha—"

I flew at him with my dagger. He went for the block, but I have so much experience over this guy he will be an open book to me. I angled myself and flapped my wings to drop me to the ground. His sword was still raised when I grabbed his arm and flipped him hard onto the rocky floor. I was ready to aim for his throat, but something moved my hand away and I missed. 

No matter, he got up ready to slash me, but I guarded it with my dagger. I let go of it and connected a solid punch to his nose. It wasn't enough to draw blood, but a punch was enough to stagger him. I grabbed my dagger from the air, I thrusted it towards his neck. Again something was pushing my weapon away from killed him. 

He recovered and came in with an overhead slash. I changed my dagger to spear form, I spun it blocking the attack and quickly following that by hooking the side wings of my spear on his feet from below. He fell back and I thrusted my spear aiming for his chest. My spear moved again from dealing the lethal blow.

I jumped back summoning my bow transferring the heat in my body creating a light arrow again. I fired it right at him, Luke was skilled enough to cut it in midflight. I noticed him wince from his opposite arm, it was the same shoulder I hit from before. That's my target now aim for his weakness.

Before I flew down I fired 2 consecutive arrows which he managed once again to cut midflight. I followed them I slide on the rocky ground with my dagger and we clashed blades. 

"You're a monster for turning your back on your friends" 

"Have you looked in a mirror, with you being with them they'll end up dead anyway" he said

My eyes widened when I heard him say that first bit it was like I was seeing myself from back then. 

"Yeah that's right my lord has a good understanding about you," he said. "He knows how much of a monster you really are. Remember this well Y/n, you're the reason that they all died, and you will be the reason that Camp Half-Blood will come to ruin along with your friends." he said grinning evilly

I looked at my dagger shining in the descending sunlight, I saw myself and the wild look in my eyes. I grit my teeth.

"You know I heard from everyone that you are one of the greatest that has ever arrived to camp." I said.

I barraged him with attacks, I jumped in the air striking him with a hard kick to the back of the neck. He fell forward, he rolled trying to stand again, but I stomped my foot on his chest.

"But I'm better." 

Percy who was witnessing this eyes widened. Maybe because he was on the verge of death he could see a dark void surrounding his friend. He could see the chains that were bound around him, no his spirit? They were holding him back, from more than just this fight. 

Y/n's heart was beating just fine, but the chains around it were constricting it. And they were getting tighter by the second. He could see it in his eyes the pain he was going through. It was like Y/n was pushing away his feelings.

Was all this just a near death thing or was he actually seeing the curse around Y/n.  

Y/n and Luke clashed once again. Sword against Dagger. With only one thought in their heads.

"Your going to die tonight" ran through Y/n

"I'm going to kill you" ran in Luke's

Percy groaned in pain coughing green ooze

I turned away from our clash 

"Percy!" I shouted worriedly 

Percy lifted his hand in pain pointing behind me. I didn't react on time Luke slashed me right on the cheek. A large gash bleed from the left side of my jaw, I turned around throwing a haymaker right at his face. I connected knocking him to the ground were he laid sprawled.  

Steam emanated from my wound, but I forced it not to heal. He stood up holding his face.

"I counted more than fifteen times where I could have ended your life," I said. "But something keeps keeping you alive." I spat

"Your wasting time, Percy will die. You don't want him to die do you?" he grinned

He was right. There wasn't anymore time left, Percy blacked out and was turning a lime shade of green. While distracted Luke ran deep into the woods like a coward.

"LUKE I WILL SEARCH THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO FIND YOU, AND WHEN I DO I WILL END YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A LIFE!" I shouted.

I ran to Percy's side and picked him up bridal style. I heard someone from the direction of the camp, to my surprise it was Juniper. She had followed me here. 

"JUNIPER, PLEASE GO TO CHIRON TELL HIM TO MEET ME AT THE BIG HOUSE WITH NECTAR" I commanded.

She nodded walking into the truck of a tree.

"Stay with me Percy"

When I made it to the Big House Chiron, Annabeth and some of the campers were gathered. I kicked open the door and set Percy into one of the sickroom beds. Chiron came in with the nectar and began treating Percy. I sat down in an empty chair watching Chiron work on the unconscious Percy. I don't know how long it has been, but I bolted up right from my seat after feeling someone touch my shoulder. It was Annabeth I moved away from her touch

"Y/n what happened to Percy?" she asked

I walked past her outside to the porch

"Hey Y/n wait" she followed me. "Come on you have to talk, what happened?" she asked again

The emotions I had pushed away swelled up again, I dropped to my Knees my eyes dripping in tears.

"Luke, he did this. He's a traitor. He's betrayed us" 

I punched the dirt

"He's working for Kronos"

I punched the ground again

"He planned our deaths!" I shouted

I punched the dirt once more leaving little blood stains from my knuckles.

"I had him, but something kept keeping him alive with every of my lethal strikes."

I roared in frustration attacking the dirt with a volley of punches staining it in steaming crimson liquid. I was about to strike the dirt again, when Annabeth placed a hand on my shoulder again. I jolted away from her

"Don't touch me"

This curse of mine is going to kill you, my friends, everyone here at camp. So please don't touch me. I can't live with the thought of me killing any of you because of it. I wish I didn't know about my curse it would save me the pain of knowing it was MY FAULT!

No that would be selfish of me. 

Luke was right

I am a monster

I wanted to say that to her, but nothing would come out of my mouth. 

I stood up and ran to my tent knowing what I had to do. 

I CAN'T LIVE HERE

***

It was dusk. The camp looked completely deserted. The cabins were dark and the volleyball pit silent. No canoes cut the surface of the lake. Beyond the woods and the strawberry fields, the Long Island Sound glittered in the last light of the sun. 

I had changed clothes. Still had my camp shirt but underneath I had a skintight long sleeve shirt to hide my scars from mortals. On my back was my backpack and tent ready to go. 

I made it to the front of the Big house. There stood Percy and Annabeth they were looking towards the crest of camp. Next to Thalia's pine tree, at the very edge of the camp's boundaries, a family stood. Two little children, a women, and a tall man. I paused looking at the man that must Annabeth's dad. . .

I shook my daze and proceeded to the duo. They turned to me looking worried.

"I'm glad your okay Percy" I said "I'm so sorry I got carried away—"

"Hey it's okay man don't worry I'm still alive." he flashed a pained smile

"I see you contacted your dad Annabeth" I said half-heartedly

"Yeah I did thanks to you and Percy" she said 

I nodded 

"Well I'm leaving, I plan to do what I said and search for him . . ." I said. "Be careful out there both of you" 

I began to walk towards the entrance when Annabeth yelled for me. She caught up with me and we walked up the will in silence. She greeted her dad, step mom and brothers. I didn't want to intrude so I walked away.

"Wait Y/n" she said "Where are you going first?" 

"I don't know honestly" I said. "I just know I won't stop until I find him"

She looked as though fighting a battle in her head, coming to a conclusion 

"Please take care of yourself out there alright Lucky" 

I nodded "You too Wise girl"

I descended the hill, at the bottom I looked up at hill once more 

"My name is Y/n Felix Creaser, I woke up in an alleyway and survived on my own in the streets of New Jersey. My mothers: The goddess of Victory Nike and The goddess Fortuna guided me to my new home. Turns out I have a troubled past and I'm half Greek and half Roman. I met some great people that I want to cherish, but if I do they might die. Hades cursed me in the past. So I don't want to be selfish and stay only to watch them suffer."

I . . . lost my new home and someone who I thought was special.

This pain in my chest. . .it feelsfamiliar

Anyways hope to see you next summer everyone

Taking flight Y/n vanishes in the dusk sky with only one thought in the back of his mind.

I WON'T STOP SEARCHING FOR HIM 

WOW what a way to end the first book am I right? I really loved working on this truly, and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I will be working on the next book as soon as I finish the first two chapters of the guide book. And trust me when I say you might want to read that other book when it's out. Not only because you'll enjoy Y/n past adventures, but there might be connections between both books. Like one thing may appear here all of a sudden without explanation, but in truth it has been explained in the guide book. 

Thank you for reading see you next time in Sea of Monsters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 8.7K 114
All's Fair in Love and War The Lightning Thief: Complete The Sea of Monsters: Complete The Titans Curse: Complete The Battle of the Labyrinth: Compl...
1K 40 5
α΅—α΅’ ᡃˑˑ αΆœΚ°β±Λ‘α΅ˆΚ³α΅‰βΏ Κ·Κ°α΅’ ʰᡃᡛᡉ ᡉᡛᡉʳ ᢠᡉˑᡗ α΅ˆβ±αΆ αΆ α΅‰Κ³α΅‰βΏα΅— ......✎ PERCY JACKSON THE LIGHTNING THIEF --> THE TITAN'S CURSE BOOK I of THE LILIES
16.9K 916 16
π“…« ππˆπ†π‡π“πŒπ€π‘π„ 𝐅𝐔𝐄𝐋.(inf) Something capable of inducing nightmares, highly disturbing. ❝ She walked with darkness dripping off her shou...
895 51 19
A Half-Blood of the eldest gods Shall reach sixteen against all odds And see the world in endless sleep Hero's soul cursed blade shall reap Child of...