The Sickly Scion's Petite Wif...

By WMoons

๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ก'๐—ง ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—Ÿ. ๐—œ ๐—ข๐—ก๐—Ÿ๐—ฌ ๐—ฃ๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—— ๐—œ๐—ง ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐—ข๐—ก๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ฃ๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—ฃ... More

โŸฃ๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฃ๐—ง๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก:
โŸฃChapter 11-20
โŸฃChapter 21-30
โŸฃChapter 31-40
โŸฃChapter 41-50
โŸฃChapter 51-60
โŸฃChapter 61-70

โŸฃChapter 1-10

221 1 0
By WMoons

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle
𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

⟣•01•⟢
: TRANSMIGRATION

𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍, Please cooperate with the uploader and 𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂!!
🚫𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚🚫

• • •
The 19th year of Chong'an's reign.

A squad of Imperial Guards hurried down Chang'an Avenue.

The vendors and pedestrians on the streets seemed to be used to it, and moved aside slightly. Once the guards passed, the lively atmosphere immediately returned.

"This is the fifth one already, isn't it?" a vendor asked someone beside him casually.

"That's right. I've been setting up shop here for a few days, and I counted. It's the fifth one."

"I wonder who's the unlucky one this time." He wasn't gloating, he was simply curious about the gossip.

"Who else could it be? It's definitely one of those officials from the crown prince's faction."

Speaking of bad luck, who could be as unlucky as the Bulwark Duke Residence?

They were just holding a wedding banquet in their manor, but before they could complete the ceremony, the crown prince and the duke were captured by the Ministry of Justice. It's a pity that the old duke had been fighting for our Great Xia his whole life."

He sighed. "Now that you mention it, doesn't it seem like that new bride is the unluckiest of them all?

The crown prince's rebellion would definitely implicate the Bulwark Duke's family, as they were the crown prince's maternal relatives.

"But this new bride..." Upon saying that, the man clicked his tongue and said seriously, "She was taken away as soon as she entered the manor. She might even be beheaded!"

That didn't make sense to anyone listening.

Putting aside whether the crown prince was really plotting a rebellion, this bride was really unlucky. No matter what the outcome was, she would be tainted by bad luck...

At the Bulwark Duke Residence.

Ever since the crown prince and the duke were taken away on the day of the wedding banquet.

The Imperial Guards surrounded the residence and did not allow anyone to enter or leave. There was no news from outside.

This caused the people in the residence to panic, thinking that the duke's residence was probably doomed.

Furthermore, Madam Li, the old duchess, was sick in bed and could not carry out her duties.

The servants were even more careless. The food that they delivered to their masters was often cold.

Fortunately, no one would pursue the matter now.

"I heard that the Old Master left the residence today."

Two young maids from the west courtyard were chatting while walking down the corridor.

"Really? Didn't the officers outside the mansion stop him?"

The young maid who spoke first said uncertainly, "They stopped him, but let him pass soon after."

"Does that mean our Duke and the Crown Prince will be released soon?" Her tone was filled with joy.

In this residence, the old duke was like a stabilizing force, more so than the crown prince.

After all, the old duke had fought on the battlefield with the late emperor! He had even spent half his life protecting Great Xia.

Only when the country was at peace and no country dared to invade the border did he step down from the court.

To put it bluntly, half of this country was built by the old duke.

In their hearts, if the old duke took action, things would definitely be resolved.

At this point, the two of them stopped slacking off and returned to their duties.

The conversation between the two maids in the corridor outside the door could be heard clearly from within the room.

Shen Yijia, who had just woken up, frowned.

"Didn't I get hit by a car while trying to avoid being captured by those people at the Institute?" she thought.

"Did I get transmigrated?"

When she opened her eyes, she saw the color red, and nothing else.

She pushed aside the red cloth, revealing a small face that was a little unbearable to look at.

Half of her face was covered in blood, and there were some weird chunks smeared on her face.

Her big and bright eyes couldn't hide the dark eye circles underneath them.

Thankfully there was no one else around, otherwise, they would definitely scream upon seeing her.

⟣•02•⟢
: JIAJIA HAS SPIRITUAL LIQUID

• • •
However, Shen Yijia could not see any of this. She continued to look around the room curiously.

What she saw was an ancient-looking room, decorated in a festive manner.

The bedsheets were red and embroidered with mandarin ducks, while the bed canopy was embroidered with dragons and phoenixes. Under her was a wooden bed, and the exquisitely carved decorations were obviously expensive.

To the right was a dresser plastered with blessings of happiness.

On a nearby table was a pair of red wedding candles that had not been lit yet.

Looking down, Shen Yijia's gaze was attracted by the exquisite snacks, cinnamon buns, peanuts, and other food on the table.

Shen Yijia gulped and sat up quickly. However, before she could run over excitedly, she felt a dull pain in her head.

Her body fell limp again.

A series of unfamiliar memories rushed into her head.

Shen Yijia gasped in pain. She held her injured forehead and dared not move around too much.

After a while, the pain disappeared. She tilted her head and her eyes lit up. She said excitedly, "Not only did I transmigrate, but I even have a husband now?"

Then, she shook her head regretfully and muttered, "It's a pity that Da Hua isn't here, or I'd tell her to take a good look. Who said that I could never get married?"

Then she looked up with a smug expression.

If Da Hua were here, she would definitely have shouted at her. "I'm saying that if you continue to be so ferocious, you won't be able to get married."

Unfortunately, Shen Yijia had the habit of only listening to half of what others said to her, hence she only remembered the part about how she wouldn't be able to get married.

"Aren't you glad now that you've proven that you can get married?" she thought to herself.

If not for the fact that her body didn't allow it now, she would have jumped up and spun around twice.

Remembering something, Shen Yijia closed her eyes and thought carefully.

Her eyes lit up even more when she realized that she had accumulated about a cup's worth of spiritual liquid within her body.

She extended her right ring finger in midair. Soon, a drop of water slowly condensed on her fingertip.

Seeing that it was about to drip, she quickly opened her mouth to catch it.

She smacked her lips. This body was indeed too weak, one drop was not enough. After condensing two drops in a row, Shen Yijia finally stopped!

It was not that she was stingy, but the spiritual liquid was too rare.

It took three days to gather a drop. Even if she was rich now, she still had to use it sparingly.

After ingesting three drops of spiritual liquid, the wound on Shen Yijia's forehead healed visibly.

Usually, Shen Yijia would not even take note of such a small wound, let alone waste spiritual liquid to heal it. Unfortunately, this body was too dilapidated.

It was as soft and powerless as tofu, so she had no choice but to use the spiritual liquid.

A growling sound came from her stomach.

Her stomach protested, and Shen Yijia swallowed her saliva. She did not know how long this body had been starving for, and she could feel her stomach hurting.

This time, she dared not be as reckless as before. She shook her head tentatively, more than once.

After making sure that she was no longer dizzy, she jumped off the bed and went straight for the pastries. Reaching out, she picked up one of the pastries and stuffed it into her mouth.

It was a little hard, and slightly rancid.

Shen Yijia pouted, but she remembered that this was better than the medicine given to her by the bad old men in the research institute.

She stopped being picky and started grabbing the pastries with both hands, stuffing her mouth with them.

She took the time to pour herself a glass of water. Shen Yijia ate to her heart's content. No one tried to snatch her food away, so she liked it here.

⟣•03•⟢
: BAD NEWS

• • •
The Bulwark Duke Residence had been waiting for news of the old master ever since he left the mansion.

Even past noon, there was still no news from outside.

Madam Li patiently accompanied Song Jinghao and Song Jinghuan for lunch, then coaxed them to sleep.

She was about to go out and take a look when a maidservant stumbled in. Her eyes were red and she had obviously rushed back while crying.

Madam Li's heart skipped a beat. "Is there any news? What exactly happened?" she asked anxiously.

The young maid fell to her knees. "The... the old master... he's gone."

Madam Li felt her head buzz. She stepped forward and grabbed the maidservant's hand anxiously. "What did you say? Tell me clearly, what happened to the old master? Where are the old master and the crown prince? Are they back?"

The young maid was frightened by Madam Li's behavior. She had never lost her composure like this before.

Wiping away her tears, she lowered her head even further and said with a choked voice, "The officers and soldiers outside the residence have all retreated, and the rumors outside are spreading like wildfire. I heard from the door that... that His Highness the Crown Prince and our master were plotting a rebellion. They found a privately created dragon robe in the Eastern Palace, and letters of correspondence with our master. Grand Tutor Zhao reported it, and the Minister of Revenue, Lord Hong, came out to testify."

At this point, the little servant girl was so frightened that her voice started to tremble. She stammered, "His Majesty was so angry that he banished the empress to the Cold Palace and deposed the crown prince. The old master entered the palace with the Absolution Token given by the late emperor, the one which could absolve him of a crime punishable by death. Then, to prove his innocence, he... he committed suicide in the throne room."

By the time she finished speaking, the maidservant was already sobbing uncontrollably.

She was the daughter of a family in the residence. If misfortune befell the masters, the servants would be even worse off.

The other maidservants also turned pale when they heard this. Some of them were worried about the master, while others were worried about their future.

Madam Li's vision turned dark. She secretly bit the tip of her tongue until it bled to prevent herself from fainting.

She muttered to herself, "How... How can this be? Grand Tutor Zhao is the crown prince's mentor, and Lord Hong is also a member of the crown prince's faction..."

Without questioning the servant girl further, she walked past her and headed for the front courtyard.

At this moment, the main doors of the Bulwark Duke Residence opened.

Emperor Chong'an's personal eunuch, Eunuch Li, entered first and gestured to someone behind him.

Immediately, a few officers carried in two corpses.

Following closely behind was the crown prince, Song Jingchen. His eyes were tightly shut, and one couldn't be certain if he was still alive. Song Jingchen was still wearing the same red clothes as the day before.

His red clothes were dyed dark red with blood, and his face was pallid. He was being carried into the residence like a rag doll.

When Madam Li arrived at the front yard and witnessed this scene, she burst into tears and fell to the ground.

"Ahem." Eunuch Li cleared his throat to regain Madam Li's attention before saying, "Duchess, my condolences. I'm here on His Majesty's orders to announce the imperial edict. Please get everyone in the residence to come out and receive it!"

Madam Lee blinked to clear her vision and tried to say something.

However, when she opened her mouth, she did not utter a sound. Uncle Yang, the loyal servant who had returned with the corpses, could only endure his grief and instruct someone to make the arrangements.

Shen Yijia swallowed the last pastry and burped.

She looked at the remaining dried fruits with pity. She was thinking about using something to pack them up.

An anxious voice came from outside. "Come quickly, a eunuch from the imperial palace is here to announce the imperial edict. Everyone, go to the front hall and wait!"

This was followed by the sound of people moving.

Shen Yijia paused and smacked her forehead. She was so focused on eating, she almost forgot that her husband had been caught.

"There's also the Shen family. Hmph." she thought.

⟣•04•⟢
: JIAJIA'S PAST

• • •
It had to be said that the head of the Shen family, Shen Pingxiu, was only a fifth-grade director in the Ministry of Rites. On the other hand, the head of the Song family had already been a highly ranked general since the late emperor was in power.

The late emperor granted Song Li, the general's only daughter, a marriage with Emperor Chong'an, who was still the crown prince at that time. He even granted the title of Bulwark Duke to the old duke.

These two families should never have crossed paths, let alone become in-laws.

When the original host's mother, Madam Wang, was still alive, she went to Hidden Spirit Temple to offer incense and was trapped there because of the heavy rain.

Coincidentally, Duchess Li, who was pregnant at that time, also went to fulfill her wish. She was knocked down by someone and went into labor prematurely.

Even though she risked offending the Bulwark Duke Residence, Madam Wang stepped forward to help deliver the child. Thus, she saved the lives of both Duchess Li and her child.

From then on, the two of them interacted more. Later on, Madam Wang gave birth to a baby girl.

The Li family then said that they wanted to become in-laws. It was only when Madam Wang passed away from an illness that the two families slowly drifted apart.

In the beginning, Duchess Li would often send someone to bring the original host to their residence for a short stay. After the host went twice, she refused to go again, so they did not force her to visit.

Even so, the duchess would still still send someone to deliver something to little Yijia every year.

In doing so, she hoped that little Yijia would not live too miserably in the residence after losing her mother.

The duchess would also visit Shen Yijia when she had the time. However, ever since Madam Wang's death, little Yijia seemed to have become a different person. She was very resistant to Duchess Li's visits.

When the two of them were alone, the duchess asked little Yijia if she was being bullied in the residence, but the child said that she had not.

Duchess Li thought that little Yijia did not like her, so she visited her less often.

Despite the duchess sending Shen Yijia gifts and greetings every year, the original host never responded. Thus, she slowly stopped caring.

However,Duchess Li did not know that the things that she had sent over had never reached little Yijia. All of them were taken by the new mistress, Madam Chen, and given to her daughter, Shen Ruyun.

Although the host's actions disappointed the duchess, she still remembered Madam Wang's kindness back then. When Song Jingchen reached a marriageable age, she talked to him about this matter.

It was also because she wanted to respect her son's wishes. Song Jingchen practiced martial arts every day and spent his free time playing with some of the rich and powerful children in the capital.

How could he be in the mood for love? Since marriage was inescapable, it made no difference who he married.

He did not want his mother to be troubled, so he asked her to raise the marriage proposal according to her wishes.

No one knew what Madam Chen said at that time. In any case, Shen Ruyun became his fiancée.

For this reason, Shen Ruyun showed off in front of the host on purpose, and made a name for herself in the capital city.

Song Jingchen was the ideal bachelor that half of the women in the capital dreamed of marrying.

He stood tall like a jade tree and smiled as bright as the moon.

Who wouldn't be tempted by such a husband?

Even Imperial Concubine Liu's daughter, Princess Linghui, admired him. Unfortunately, Princess Linghui's brother was the Eldest Prince, and was thus destined to be enemies with the Crown Prince.

It was impossible for Concubine Liu to let her marry Song Jingchen. If that happened, no noble lady would dare to dream of marrying him.

However, in the end, he got engaged to the daughter of a mere fifth-grade official! Anyone would feel jealousy and hatred towards her.

Although Shen Ruyun was famous for her beauty and talent, she was nothing compared to Song Jingchen!

Madam Li had been doted on since she was young. After she got married, her husband did not have any concubines to make things difficult for her, so she knew very little about the dirty matters within a household.

Therefore, she did not know that little Yijia did not dare to get close to her because she was threatened by Madam Chen. She simply thought that Shen Yijia was unwilling to marry her son.

The submissive personality of the original host was indeed unsuitable for becoming the mistress of the household.

She even thought of arranging a suitable marriage for Shen Yijia in the future. As long as it was not a marriage with her eldest son or grandson, Shen Yijia wouldn't need to lead the household, and she would be able to live well.

The original host was unaware of these matters.

⟣•05•⟢
: SONG JINGCHEN

• • •

If the two of them became husband and wife, it would have nothing to do with the original owner. Who would have thought that a month before the marriage, Madam Chen would hear of some rumors about the impending tragedy?

After holding a secret conversation with her husband, son, and daughter for two hours, this marriage inexplicably fell on the host again.

They changed their tune and insisted to everyone that the bride-to-be had always been Shen Yijia, not Shen Ruyun.

Firstly, Madam Chen could not suddenly break off this marriage between the two families. Secondly, she did not want her daughter to marry into the family and die.

They did not care if Shen Yijia was dead or alive after marrying into the family, as long as it did not affect Shen Ruyun's reputation.

However, the Song family had been busy preparing for the wedding this month.

The marriage of the eldest son or grandson was a major event for the Bulwark Duke's residence. Madam Li was not the only one being busy, the entire residence was frantically preparing for the wedding.

Therefore, the Song family was kept in the dark regarding Madam Chen's schemes.

Others did not know what kind of life the original host had at home, but Shen Yijia could see it clearly.

There was no such thing as a free lunch in this world, and even if there was, Shen Yijia wouldn't dare eat it.

Therefore, the host started to become paranoid. It was unknown if she was lucky or unlucky.

Shen Yijia happened to hear some clues from Shen Ruyun's conversation with her maidservant.

At that time, Shen Ruyun said to her maidservant in disdain, "That fool probably thinks she's getting a free lunch. She doesn't know that she's going to die if she marries him."

There was pity and reluctance hidden in her tone. However, those emotions were definitely not reserved for the host.

That sentence alone scared the original host so much that she fell sick.

Shen Yijia was ill on the day of her wedding. Unfortunately, in her sickly state, she died from being pushed around in the chaos.

What the original host could not see through, Shen Yijia could not see through either.

All she knew was that the Shen family had been bullying the original host, and indirectly caused her death. Furthermore, Shen Ruyun had almost snatched her husband away.

Now that she had transmigrated into this body, bullying the original host was equivalent to bullying her. Stealing the host's husband was also equivalent to stealing hers.

She narrowed her eyes. She had to find an opportunity to beat them up to vent her anger. She cheerfully made that decision.

These thoughts only flashed through Shen Yijia's mind for a moment. The most important thing now was to find someone and ask where her husband was.

After gulping down a glass of water, Shen Yijia rushed outside.

The courtyard was empty. From the corner of her eye, she could see a group of people facing away from her.

She turned to follow them.

By the time she reached the front courtyard, it was full of people kneeling.

Shen Yijia felt that the atmosphere was very oppressive. She glanced around and saw Song Jingchen being carried in the crowd.

Her eyes lit up. He was dressed in red clothes, he should be her husband, right?

"He looks handsome!" she thought to herself.

There was a reason why he was admired by all the noble ladies in the capital. He was beautiful.

At this moment, he looked refined and harmless with his eyes closed.

The bloody clothes gave him a strange sickly beauty.

Shen Yijia, who loved beautiful things, immediately wanted to keep this person as her own.

"I could make him into one of those specimens in a lab." she thought.

However, Shen Yijia frowned as she continued looking. Her husband seemed to have been beaten up by someone.

Without a word, she took a few steps forward and snatched Song Jingchen from the hands of the officials.

The 1.8-meter-tall man was easily carried in her arms. She shook him lightly.

"Oh my god, he's quite well-built." she thought.

The surrounding people were stunned by Shen Yijia's actions. When they looked up and saw her face, they were doubly shocked.

There were two corpses on the ground, and Shen Yijia looked like a ghost. How could anyone not be shocked?

⟣•06•⟢
: IMPERIAL DECREE

• • •
Shen Yijia rolled her eyes at those people and carried Song Jingchen to Madam Li’s side.

Realizing that Madam Li was also looking at her in surprise, she pursed her lips and called out tentatively, “Mother?”

“I suppose that’s what I should call her.” she thought.

Madam Li’s eyelids twitched.

She finally realized what she had overlooked in the past few days. She had forgotten about the bride who had just entered the house.

She looked at the girl who was still wearing a red wedding dress.

After trying hard to distinguish her features for a long time, she finally found a trace of familiarity on the bloodstained face. “Yijia? Why… Why is it you? Shouldn’t it be Ruyun?”

No one could be blamed for being horrified by that face.

When she put on her makeup, the original host had a sickly look on her face. In order to cover it up, the bridesmaid applied layer after layer of makeup.

The original host had cried so much that her makeup was ruined. When her head was injured, blood slid down her forehead, covering it with red and white.

Fortunately, she did not have time to look in the mirror. Otherwise, Shen Yijia would have given herself nightmares.

Shen Yijia was just thinking about something when she was interrupted by two little children who suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

The two of them first saw their big brother was covered in injuries, then saw that their big brother was being carried by a female ghost dressed in red. They were so frightened that they burst into tears and threw themselves into Madam Li’s arms.

Madam Li also burst into tears. The three of them hugged each other and cried bitterly.

Sounds of people sobbing echoed through the courtyard.

Shen Yijia tilted her head. She was very confused and did not understand what was going on.

Everyone was crying, which made her heart feel stuffy and uncomfortable.

She was completely unaware that the situation in front of her was a chain reaction, caused by her scaring the two children into tears.

Shen Yijia, suddenly felt a little awkward. She really couldn’t bring herself to cry with them.

Besides, she could only think about her injured husband. She had to quickly bring him back inside to rest.

She looked around and saw the person standing directly in front of her while holding a bright yellow scroll. Their eyes met.

“Oh, I think he’s here to read the imperial edict. He can’t leave until he’s finished.” she thought.

Reluctantly, she nodded at the man. “Read it!”

Ads by Pubfuture

Eunuch Li choked when he saw Madam Li and her children crying.

He wanted to reprimand them, but decided against it.

“Forget it, forget it. This family is already pitiful enough. Let’s not force the issue.” he thought.

He cleared his throat and raised his voice.

As Eunuch Li’s voice rang out, the sobbing stopped. All of them knelt quietly.

Only then did the two children see their father and grandfather lying on the ground beside Eunuch Li. Their eyes widened in fear and they wanted to go forward to the corpses.

Madam Li stopped them firmly.

In an instant, apart from Eunuch Li, only Shen Yijia and Song Jingchen, who were both dressed in red, were left standing.

Eunuch Li spoke loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Even the servants and commoners who were eavesdropping outside the residence heard everything.

There was a long string of words, but Eunuch Li read them without stumbling.

Shen Yijia tried her best to prick up her ears and listen, roughly guessing what it meant.

“The Bulwark Duke and the Crown Prince privately made dragon robes and plotted a rebellion. Now, the evidence is conclusive.”

“However, His Majesty was benevolent and remembered the Old Duke’s contributions to Great Xia.”

“The dead can be forgiven, but the living criminals cannot escape punishment.”

“The title of Bulwark Duke is to be stripped away, their family assets confiscated, all official positions revoked, and everyone in the residence sent back to their hometowns. Even in future generations, they will not be allowed to enter the court as officials!”

After reading the imperial edict, Eunuch Li looked at the pitiful state of the duke’s residence and sighed.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7: SPIRITUAL HALL

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Perhaps because he could not bear it, Eunuch Li cleared his throat and said, “Madam Song, His Majesty is merciful. He has given you permission to hold a funeral in the residence. You have to take care of yourself. After all, these two children are still so young. If you fall, what will happen to them?”

Feeling the trembling bodies of the two children beside her, Madam Li closed her eyes, gritted her teeth, and knelt down. She raised her hands to receive the decree.

In a trembling voice, she said, “The wife of the sinner, Madam Li, accepts the decree. Thank you, Your Majesty… for your kindness…”

Eunuch Li nodded and did not nag any further. He handed over the imperial edict.

Looking around at the kneeling servants, he gestured at the people behind him. “Take away all those who are registered as slaves by the government.”

The large group of people were already worried, but they were even more terrified now.

They instantly collapsed to the ground, their faces pale.

Once they left this residence, they would become guilty slaves. Choosing their new masters was out of the question, any family that was even slightly prominent would not want them.

However, their opinions didn’t matter.

When an official finished reading the list of names, they were immediately captured.

Without even giving them time to pack up, the group of slaves was quickly taken away.

Only a few people who had been released from their status as slaves were left kneeling there.

Uncle Yang repeated the list of names.

The front yard, which had been crowded just a moment earlier, suddenly became empty. A gust of wind blew past. It was clearly summer.

However, those who witnessed this scene felt a chill down their spines, and they shivered unconsciously.

The Duke’s Residence, which had been very imposing a few days ago, suddenly looked depressing.

The decorations from the wedding ceremony were dirty from being stepped on, and scattered on the ground.

The red silk that had yet to be removed under the eaves looked more like a joke at this moment.

“Father, Grandfather, please get up…” When no one was looking, Brother Hao and Sister Huan ran to the two corpses lying on the ground.

Tears ran down their faces as they each tugged at one of them, stubbornly trying to pull the two silent men off the ground.

But no matter how hard they tried, the two of them remained motionless.

Brother Hao turned to look at his mother in confusion and said uneasily, “Mother, please ask Father and Grandfather to get up. Father promised to make a small wooden horse for us when he returned…”

Ads by Pubfuture

As he spoke, he sobbed again. “And Grandpa, he said that he would teach me martial arts when I grow up, and make me as powerful as Big Brother…”

Hearing these childish words, the surrounding people could not help but tear up again.

Madam Li took a deep breath and suppressed tears that welled up in her eyes. She subconsciously tightened her grip on the imperial edict in her hand until her fingertips turned white.

Then, she forced himself to stand straight up and said to the remaining people, “I’ll have to trouble everyone here. After this matter is settled, let’s disperse!”

“Ma’am …”

Madam Li waved her hand to stop them from interrupting, and she continued. “Uncle Yang, please invite a doctor back to take a look at Brother Chen.”

“Aye!” Uncle Yang immediately got to work.

After instructing Shen Yijia to send Song Jingchen back to his room, she turned to look at the twins. “Brother Hao, Sister Huan, your father and grandfather have passed on. Will you accompany your mother to send them off?”

“Mother…” The nine-year-olds could more or less understand what she meant, and immediately burst into tears.

Although there weren’t many people left, everyone still got to work according to Madam Li’s arrangements.

Before night fell, white banners had already been hung in the residence and a mourning hall had been set up.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8: CRIPPLED LEGS

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

On the other side, Shen Yijia had just carried Song Jingchen back to his room when Madam Li’s eldest maidservant, Bi Zhu, walked in with two sets of mourning robes.

Although she was shocked when she first saw Shen Yijia’s face, Bi Zhu could now face her calmly.

She bowed to Shen Yijia. “Young Madam, Madam Li asked me to send these robes over for you to change into.”

Looking at the clothes, Shen Yijia did not object. She tilted her head and said, “I want to take a shower first. Can you get me some water first?”

It was unknown how long it had been since this body last bathed, but Shen Yijia could smell it.

She was covered in blood again just now. The smell was really unpleasant. Even Shen Yijia, who was not usually concerned about such matters, could not stand it.

“I’ll get someone to bring water over.” As she spoke, she quickly left the house.

She didn’t have to wait long before someone carried the water to the bathroom next door.

Shen Yijia glanced at Song Jingchen, who was still unconscious on the bed. She tilted her head and thought for a moment, then walked over and condensed two drops of spiritual liquid to feed him.

She comforted herself silently, telling herself that her heart didn’t ache. This was her husband. If he died, everything would be lost.

Her husband was so good-looking that she had no intention of replacing him just yet.

Someone had already filled the bathtub with water. It was still steaming hot.

Shen Yijia was amazed. This mobility…

When Shen Yijia finally saw her own reflection in the water, she was shocked. She even forgot to take off her clothes before submerging herself in the water.

Oh my, who was this demon in the water?

She was so dirty that it took her an hour to wash up.

Her face was now clean, revealing her original appearance.

Perhaps because she was malnourished all year round, her face was only the size of a palm. Fortunately, her facial features were exquisite, and she was a delicate and lively beauty.

Perhaps because she had bathed for too long, her face was red and slightly puffy. Her eyes were as clear and lively.

The maidservant who had been waiting outside the door was stunned.

She reacted and quickly lowered her head, not daring to look again.

When Shen Yijia returned to her room, Uncle Yang had just arrived with the doctor and was helping Song Jingchen to wash up.

If it was in the past, it would not have taken so long to find a doctor. They would have rushed over.

However, at this moment, many of them dared not come for fear of getting into trouble.

Ads by Pubfuture

What a world.

The wounds on Song Jingchen’s body had been left untreated for too long. The dried blood had already glued his clothes and flesh together.

Helpless, Uncle Yang could only get a pair of scissors and cut his clothes apart piece by piece.

Even though he was being extra careful, every time he tore off a piece of cloth, blood would keep flowing out of the wounds.

Shen Yijia, who was watching from the side, was shocked. She swallowed the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

After cleaning him up, Song Jingchen’s wounds were revealed.

The most serious injuries were the deep whip marks on his back and legs. There were also many other wounds, but they were completely negligible compared to these two areas.

Shen Yijia stood at the side, her frown deepening. How painful it must’ve been!

The doctor checked and sighed. “The heir’s life is not in danger. The wounds on his back will be healed with some medicine. However, these injuries might leave scars in the future…”

At this point, he paused before continuing, “The problem is with his legs. I’m afraid he will never be able to stand up again!”

Shen Yijia fell silent and subconsciously pinched her fingers without saying anything.

After applying the medicine for Song Jingchen, Shen Yijia was left alone with him in the room.

She walked to the bed and looked at Song Jingchen’s good-looking face. She couldn’t help herself. She poked him and muttered, “It’s time to wake up!”

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 9: WAKING UP

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

The mourning hall was set in the front courtyard, and two coffins were placed side by side in the middle.

Madam Li kept vigil with the twins.

Aside from her initial collapse, Madam Li had been unusually calm.

Perhaps she was only left with peace after going through extreme grief.

The twins knelt at the side. Affected by the surrounding atmosphere, they did not dare to cry loudly anymore.

They just kept sobbing softly, their small bodies trembling. They looked extremely pitiful.

By the time Madam Li regained her senses, the two children had already fallen asleep on the ground. However, they would still sob from time to time.

Madam Li’s heart ached when she saw this. She quickly got someone to send them back to their rooms to rest. In an instant, only Madam Li was left in the mourning hall.

Her fingertips caressed the rock-like coffin. It was bone-chilling.

Madam Li came from a military family and had been influenced since she was young. Naturally, she was different from those women who only knew about matters within a household.

At first, it was too sudden. Furthermore, there was no news at all, so she couldn’t react in time.

Now that she thought about it, she understood.

His Majesty couldn’t tolerate the Song family anymore. The old master must have known this, so he went all out.

From the moment he walked out of the residence, the old duke had no intention of coming back alive, because this was the only way to protect the descendants of the Song family.

Otherwise, his entire family would have been executed by now.

The duke and the old master were gone, Brother Chen’s legs were crippled, the two children were still young, and she was a woman. Thus, His Majesty could spare their lives.

Just like the Li family in the past. Her father and three brothers went to the battlefield, and none of them survived.

Her mother died of grief, and her sisters-in-law remarried because they had no children.

From then on, she was the only orphan in the Li family.

For a moment, she seemed to have returned to that year when her father and brother’s coffins were sent back from the border. The sky was filled with white paper and copper coins. The suppressed sobs around her that could never be forgotten.

How similar her fate was to her mother’s! To think that both her father and father-in-law were loyal to such an emperor.

How could she not hate him!

His father and brother’s deaths could be called an unlucky tragedy, but what about her husband and father-in-law? Her father-in-law had protected Great Xia all his life. Her husband was talented, but he suffered because of His Majesty’s suspicion.

Ads by Pubfuture

Even in this state, His Majesty was still unwilling to let their family off. Before her husband died, he was still slandered with accusations of plotting rebellion.

She hated him!

She hated him!

She wished she could eat his flesh, drink his blood, pull out his tendons, and turn Emperor Chong’an into ashes.

But she couldn’t even show her hatred. She even had to kneel and thank him.

Because she had three children to protect. She dared not, and she could not show it!

It was already midnight when Song Jingchen woke up. When he opened his eyes and saw the familiar environment, he suddenly remembered what had happened in the prison of the Ministry of Justice.

He hurriedly tried to get up.

However, he realized that he could not feel his lower body. Before he could call for help, he heard a surprised voice.

“You’re finally awake!” Shen Yijia leaned over with a look of surprise. His eyes were really beautiful.

Song Jingchen frowned and looked at Shen Yijia warily. “Who are you?”

“You’re my husband, so of course I’m your wife. We got married a few days ago. Did you forget?” Shen Yijia was unhappy. She heard from the doctor that he might have a fever at night, so she had to be careful.

She had been staying by his side this whole time.

Song Jingchen frowned. He had seen Shen Ruyun once before, but she didn’t look like this.

Uncle Yang did not trust Shen Yijia and had been guarding the door. When he heard the commotion, he quickly pushed the door open and entered.

“Young Master, Young Madam.”

Seeing Uncle Yang, Song Jingchen lowered his guard slightly and hurriedly asked, “My father and grandfather…”

Before he could finish, he noticed the grief on Uncle Yang’s face.

There was a pause before he continued. “Are they… all okay?”

He was still hoping that what had happened before was just a dream.

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 10: THE COMMANDER'S SEAL

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:The Sickly Scion's Petite Wife Is Sweet And Cool
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:Tiny Little Small Bottle

𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios
𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Author:Tiny Little Small Bottle
Translator: Atlas Studios
Editor: Atlas Studios

° ° °

Seeing the once confident young man like this, Uncle Yang cried, “Young Master, my condolences!”

The sixteen-year-old’s eyes turned red at those words.

After a long time, Song Jingchen closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes again, his face had regained its usual calmness, as if what happened was just an illusion.

Turning his gaze to his legs, he murmured, “My legs are crippled now?”

It sounded like a question, but felt more like a statement.

Uncle Yang couldn’t bear to say it aloud, so he just nodded.

For some reason, Shen Yijia, who had always been insensitive to emotions, felt a little sorry for Song Jingchen.

He was not crying or making a fuss. He simply looked calm as if nothing had happened.

Shen Yijia took a few steps over and held his tightly clenched hand. She looked into his eyes seriously and said, “You’ll get better, trust me.”

Song Jingchen’s face was still calm, and he didn’t say whether he believed it or not. He only silently withdrew his hand and instructed Uncle Yang, “Get someone to arrange a room for her to rest first.”

Uncle Yang responded and quickly brought in a maidservant.

Shen Yijia wanted to say that this was her room, but after thinking about it, it didn’t matter to her where she slept. He was sick, so she had to compromise a little.

After comforting herself, she obediently followed the maidservant out of the room.

Only Uncle Yang and Song Jingchen were left in the room. They discussed everything that had happened in the past few days.

Uncle Yang took out a letter and handed it over. “The old master knew that this would be the outcome. Before he left, he wrote this letter. He said that it would be good if the young master can live a peaceful life without using the things inside it.”

Song Jingchen lowered his eyes and didn’t answer. He opened the envelope and a tiger-shaped object tumbled out of it.

Apart from him and Old Master Song, no one knew about the existence and meaning of this item.

Not even his father knew.

This was a Commander’s Seal that could command the 50,000 private troops of the Song family. Its original purpose was to serve as the last line of defense to protect the royal family of Great Xia!

It was established by the late emperor when he was still alive.

These troops could not be mobilized unless all other hope was lost.

He was worried that someone would use this army. Perhaps even Emperor Chong’an did not know of its existence.

Ads by Pubfuture

Uncle Yang only knew about this because he was once part of those troops.

Song Jingchen held it in his hand and found it ridiculous.

The person they wanted to protect was also the executioner who wanted his family destroyed.

He pulled out a thin sheet of paper from the envelope. Surprisingly, it was the old master’s handwriting.

“His Majesty’s actions are within my expectations.

Since ancient times, accompanying a ruler was like accompanying a tiger. The fates of most people with great achievements are often similar to ours. I only hope that my family has the chance to survive this incident.

Grandfather knows you are a man of great ambition, so I will not ask you to live like your father.

However, I also hoped that you, my grandson, will remember that the citizens of this country are innocent. Do not needlessly cause misery and death!

Today, Grandfather will bestow upon you the name ‘Shenzhi’. I hope you will think carefully before you act.

If you can live your life peacefully, I would be very relieved. I only wish my grandson a peaceful and happy life!”

Song Jingchen continued to stare at these words for the next 15 minutes.

He asked Uncle Yang to bring over a candle, and personally burnt the letter.

Under the flickering firelight, Uncle Yang felt that his young master seemed to have grown up overnight. He could not predict what the young master was thinking.

At dawn, Song Jingchen insisted on keeping vigil despite Madam Li’s objections.

Since he could not kneel, he sat in the mourning hall. The mother and son kept vigil silently without speaking to each other.

On this night, other than the twins, only the big-hearted Shen Yijia was sleeping in her room.

However, Shen Yijia’s sleep was not restful. It was unknown what she was dreaming about, but her hands kept waving in the air…

•••
𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍, Please cooperate with the uploader and 𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂!!
🚫𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚🚫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 765 18
Yibo had felt a bond with the sea since he was a child.๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’ง In this, he was like his mother, who was also passionate about the sea, but his father ne...
57 3 10
Emperor Ai finaly ascended to the throne at the ripe age of 20. His uncle former emperor Cheng had died, since he had no children the throne went to...
EMPRESS LIU By Desi Turtle

Historical Fiction

304K 10.6K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
51.9K 828 20
Dong Jiahui, the daughter of the Dong family, was kicked out of the house by the Lu family because she had been married for three years and was unabl...