Red Is For Love (Io Shirai X...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Kai Hosako, the twin brother of Kaori Hosako, is Japan's first autistic pro wrestler who made waves in New Ja... More

Profile
Debut
In-Ring Debut
Training Together
Masami's Debut
Adam vs Ren
Surprise!
Yokohama
Tokyo
Talk(s)
Yamaguchi
Six Man Tag
Head Over Heels?
Strong vs Hosako
Ready To Fight
Happy Birthday Minoru!
Making History
Moving In And Birthdays
On The Trail
One More Day
WarGames Pt. 1
WarGames Pt. 2
After WarGames
The Old Returns
Two Segments
Time Together
Phoenix Pt. 1
Phoenix Pt. 2
Challengers
Livestream
First Squash Match (As A Champion)
Johnny vs Ren II
Writing A Book
New York Pt. 1
New York Pt. 2
Attack of The Fan
New Look, New Attitude
Return
Be Mine
EVOLVE Pt. 1
EVOLVE Pt. 2
Promo
Johnny vs Ren III
Masami's Birthday
New Entrance
XXV
No More BS
Mixed Tag Match
Toronto
Ren vs Io
Contendership
Invasion
Something's Wrong
Confrontation
Back To Full Sail
Happy Day
Strong vs Hosako II
Fish vs Hosako II
Unexpected
Appreciation
8 Man Tag
A Big Mistake
Final Straw
Split Interview
Yes?
Preparations
War Pt 1
War Pt 2
Special Day
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2
The Process of Creating Kai "Ren" Hosako

Wrestlemania 36

163 3 19
By Freedom_Fighter24

~With Kai~

Since last night, I've never been this sore in my life.

First, the chair shots to my ribs, back, and head, second, tacks going straight into my back, and I couldn't even get up out of bed because of how much I was hurt.

I even called Hunter about how much pain I was in, but he excused me and told me that I didn't have to come to Raymond James Stadium until 5, so I had plenty of time to recover.

I had to eat some breakfast and lunch while taking some ibuprofen. Like, it really hurt, it's that much hell.

Masami made sure to check on me and ask me if I ever needed anything while recovering from my injuries for a bit.

Soon enough, 3 PM came around and I had to get dressed. Putting on my kimono again was much harder than usual because of how hurt I was from last night.

Masami: ハンターに電話して、行けないって伝えてもいいよ。 (I can call Hunter and tell him you can't go.)

Me: まさみ、私はあなたを愛していますが、それは必須です。私は殿堂入りクラスの一員なので、そこに参加しなければなりません。 (Masami, as much as I love you, it's mandatory. I'm part of the Hall of Fame class and I have to be there.)

Masami: でも、あなたは傷ついています。ベッドから起き上がるのが大変でした! (But you're hurt. You had trouble getting up out of bed!)

Me: それはわかっていますが、マサミさん、どうか私を信じてください。私が信頼できる人であることをみんなに知らせるために、私はそこにいなければなりません。 (I know, but Masami, please, just trust me. I have to be there to let everyone know that I'm reliable.)

Masami: 私はあなたを信頼していますが、あなたの健康が第一です。 (I do trust you, but your health comes first.)

Me: わかっていますが、これは私がやらなければならないことなのです。それに、もしそうしなかったら、ヴィンスが怒るでしょう!彼が些細なことで人々に暴言を吐いたという報告を聞いたことがあるでしょう。そうならないようにしたいのです。お願いします、マサミさん。これをやらせてください。 (I know, but this is something that I have to do. Plus, if I didn't, Vince will be pissed! You've heard the reports of him going off on people over little things! I want to prevent that from happening. Please, Masami. Let me do this.)

I hugged her the best I can as she had to return it to me.

I mean, I appreciate Masami looking out for my health, but truthfully, I have to be at Wrestlemania because it's very mandatory, especially when this year's Warrior Award recipient, and me not attending? It'll piss Vince off.

I've heard the stories, and I was sure to not let that happen because I really want him to be happy.

Of course, my fiancée comes first, but just this time, I have to sacrifice her for this.

Masami: 一晩なら許可しますが、私とあなたはホテルに戻って休むことにします。分かるでしょう? (If it's for one night, I'll allow it, but you and I are going back to the hotel for you to rest. You understand?)

Me: わかりました。 (I understand.)

I kiss her beautiful lips as we had to get ready for tonight.

~3:45 PM~

We were finally at the Stadium as I was dressed in my kimono while Masami was in regular clothes.

I even had the NXT Championship with me because I know how I wanted to be presented.

Plus, I wanted everyone to know that I'm still alive and I'm not gonna be at home resting and licking my wounds. I want to be shown as reliable.

The problem was that after a while, when I woke up, I was limping really bad. Like, everyone could see that I was hurt, but I still showed up, regardless.

I wanted to prove to everyone that not only am I a great human being, but I'm also very tough.

Kaori and Kana were here and when they saw the two of us, the squealed in excitement, ran over, and hugged the both of us. It was awesome to see Kana again as she's just so lovely to be around.

Kana: 昨夜あなたの試合を見ましたが、カイ、気分はどうですか? (I saw your match last night, but how are you feeling, Kai?)

Me: 地獄のようだが、私は大丈夫だ。 (Like hell, but I'll be fine.)

Kana: 少なくともあなたはNXTだけでなくレスリング全般において歴史を作りました。 (At least you made history, not just in NXT, but in wrestling in general.)

Me: うん。相変わらず超現実的ですね。 (Yeah. It's still so surreal.)

Kaori: 本当にここにいる必要はなかったんだ、カイ。ヴィンスと話したところ、昨晩の痛みを乗り越えて君を家に泊めるつもりだった。 (You really didn't have to be here, Kai. I talked to Vince and he was going to let you stay home after all the pain from last night.)

Me: 感謝しています、香織、でも私は信頼できる存在であることを示したいです。 (I appreciate it, Kaori, but I want to show that I can be reliable.)

Kaori: 知っている。痛みを感じた場合はお知らせください。 (I know. If you feel any pain, please let us know.)

Me: 私はします。 (I will.)

We hugged again as Kairi offered to help out when I'm being presented as the Warrior Award Recipient tonight.

All of a sudden, Vince and Hunter came to see us as Vince was kinda surprised to see me here with Masami.

Vince: You should be resting, Kai. You earned it.

Me: I will rest when it all over. I just want to get the presentation done before I do.

Vince: You being here is such an amazing thing. I'm actually surprised you can still walk after Hell In A Cell last night.

Me: It take a lot more to kill me.

We all laughed, but I laughed the best I could, even though I'm in a lot of pain right now.

Vince: At least you're here. That's what matters. For now, we'll let you know when it's time.

Me: Arigato.

We shook hands and we went our separate ways as Kaori, Kana, Masami, and myself went to catering, waiting for the HoF part to get here.

~Hall of Fame Presentation~

Once it was time, we all went out there to be presented. I really wanted Masami to be out there with me, in case I fall or anything, and she was.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome as we celebrate the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2020!

The fans cheered as he started announcing the names, one by one.

Announcer: John Bradshaw Layfield!

The crowd cheered as I smiled, waiting for my turn.

Announcer: William Shatner!

Then, the announcer introduced...

Announcer: Nikki and Brie Bell, the Bella Twins!

The crowd booed as loud as they can be!

Announcer: Jushin "Thunder" Liger!

It all went back to cheering as I was ready for me to be introduced.

Announcer: Warrior Award recipient and NEW NXT CHAMPION, REN HOSAKO!

I lifted up the trophy as Masami held the belt for me, just to make things easier for me, since I'm less that 100 percent tonight, but I think Vince can forgive that because me being here is just enough.

Announcer: The British Bulldog!

Once the crowd cheered for that, then...

That music played as the fans were cheering as loud as they could be.

Once they made their entrances, they were introduced.

Announcer: X-Pac, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and The Immortal Hulk Hogan, nWo!

They all Too Sweeted each other as I was happy to see these guys reunite for this one event was awesome to see, little did I know it was the last time we would see Scott Hall at a show such as this.

(A/N: Rest in peace, Scott Hall!)

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2020!

Everyone applauded, but there were chants that were towards me.

As we heard very distinctly...

Crowd(chanting): HOSAKO! HOSAKO! HOSAKO! HOSAKO! HOSAKO! HOSAKO!

That made me proud as the rest of the inductees joined in.

I was really humbled by it all and as we got to the back, I had to take some more ibuprofen to relieve the pain.

Thing is, I'm not taking too much or I'll become a drug addict, which is the last thing I wanna end up as.

When Masami and I went back to the hotel, it felt good laying down as I really needed to rest after the weekend I had gone through.

And Masami becoming my fiancée, surviving Hell In A Cell, and becoming the first autistic NXT Championship during this time, it was all worth it.

Before I could go to sleep, I received a text from Hunter, as it read...

Hunter: Take as long as you need to heal. You earned it after everything you've done this past weekend.

I smiled and texted back with a show of gratitude as I closed my eyes and went to sleep, but a year later, will it be one of my best memories to date: marriage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 1.8K 40
Would you risk it all to save a friend in need? Kayla appears to have it all but when she meets Joe her world is literally turned upside down. She's...
21.4K 297 63
Peter Reynolds may have signed an NXT contract, but a Pirate Princess in particular caught his eye. Will they develop feelings for each other, or wil...
25.2K 482 41
Kenji Cruz, a Filipino-Japanese wrestler who was a member of CHAOS and the protege of Kazuchika Okada has finally signed to WWE after being part of N...
8.3K 258 38
[Cover by: undisputedtori] Geiz Marufuji is the nephew of Naomichi Marufuji, a legendary wrestler in Pro Wrestling NOAH. After 6 years in NOAH, he jo...