Selfish Escape (Boruto)

By Sumirequeen

*Characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, OCs and plot belong to me This follows the manga More

Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)
Chapter 3: Run In
Chapter 4: Ask No Questions
Chapter 5: Control
Chapter 6: Karma Power
A/N

Chapter 2: A Place To Belong

268 3 1
By Sumirequeen

"There're claw marks. A kind of marker to a designated location. An ability unique to Code, apparently. According to Amado, he can instaneously travel from mark to mark. Consider it similar to Lord Fourth's Flying Raijin," Yamanaka Sai explained.

"So no Space-Time Ninjutsu, but as long as he left claw marks, he can always return to a place he's been before. That's how he's getting to where Ten Tails is, too," Nara Shikamaru said.

"None have been found inside the village so far, but there are four spots near the outer wall. It's unclear how long they've been there. He could show up at any moment. We've got teams of three watching each location. Plus others scearching for more marks," Sai continued explaining.

"Or, all four are bluffs - decoys to get us all riled up and spread ourselves too thin," Shikamaru said with narrowed eyes.

"Other villages are also reporting multiple claw marks, but no actual sighting of Code himself," Morino Ibiki said.

"Dammit!" Shikamaru growled, grabbing hold of the bar on top of the Hokage's tower. "I can't believe it's taking this much effort, by all five Kage, to find this one guy."

"We zeized and interogated a bunch of Kara Outers, but no yield there either. They're all foot soldiers. They don't know anything important," Sai said.

"Seems the claw marks are our only avenue of pursuit," Shikamaru said.

"And continuing to monitor Naruto, Boruto, Sasuke, Amado, and Kawaki, his possible targets. He has unfinished business with them. He'll likely seize the first oppotunity to show up," Sai commented.

"Yeesh, I wish Code would just stay holed up with Ten Tails," Shikamaru said.

Kawaki was watching them from on top of Uzumaki Naruto, the Seventh Hokage, Great Stone Face. His eyes shifted to the sensory ninjas watching him.

***

"Please explain it to me," Sumire said softly. "What you plan to have Kawaki do... once you've restorted his Karma?"

"I'm not trying to keep it under wraps, but it's a personal matter. I'll discuss it with Kawaki, but frankly, I'd rather not share it with you," Amado said. "But I assure you that your fears are baseless. I've zero intention of doing Konoha wrong, I swear."

Sumire's eyes shifted to the capsule that was lying on the floor. "What work are you doing right now? And what is this container?" she inquired.

"Could you leave, Kakei? I'm actually quite busy," Amado said.

"You can't tell me?" Sumire questioned innocently.

The old man lit a smoke. "I told you, I won't do wrong by Konoha. The opposite, in fact," Amado said.

"Huh?"

"I've already run this by Katsuke. After all, sharing tech with your village was a condition of my borrowing equipment," Amado reassured. "This one... should become a powerful Konoha ally."

"A powerful ally...?" Sumire repeated.

***

"So, how long are you going to ride me?" Code questioned.

"Wha!? You're tired already!?" Daemon exclaimed. "You've got no stamina!"

"Er, that's not what I..." Code began. "Hey, Eida, could ya help me with him? He's beyond my control."

"Ho ho, you've become his new best friend, Code," Eida said, leaning against the counter, next to Miyuki, who sat atop the counter, painting her nails. "I'm relieved that you two get along. Now it's just Miyuki." Eida gave her sister a side eye, but she completely ignored it and continued what she was doing.

"This... is getting along? Frankly, I'm full of doubt, myself," Code said.

Bug tried getting up, but was caught by the youngest girl and youngest boy in the room. "Bug!" Miyuki exclaimed in delight. Daemon jumped off of Code and towards Bug upon hearing his sister call his name.

"EEP!" Bug exclaimed.

Daemon fell on top of Bug, the two of them going crashing down to the ground. "WHERE YOU TRYIN' TO SNEAK OFF TO, BUG!? THAT'S COLD! WE HAVEN'T SEEN EACH OTHER IN FOREVER!"

Dammit! This is why I hate this kid! Bug thought to himself.

Suddenly, Code's claw marks appeared. "Wha!?" Daemon exclaimed.

The reflection is instantaneous... and given his reaction just now... does the ability kick in automatically, reguardless of his intent? Code asked himself.

"Hey, Code, what the heck!?" Daemon exclaimed.

Code placed his hand inside one of his claw marks on his body, it appearing in one of the claw marks near Daemon. "This is my ability. I can move freely between claw marks. I thought it'd be quicker to show you than explain," Code said. He pulled Bug through.

"Whoa..." Daemon said as Eida stared blankly and Miyuki narrowed her eyes.

"Why it only allows me to go back and forth at will, I can bring others to me if it's one at a time," Code explained.

"Cool," Daemon said.

"Thanks, Code. I owe you one," Bug said.

Code didn't turn to look at him. "No thanks needed. I was merely testing out his reflecting ability," Code said.

"THAT'S NEAT! I LIKE IT!" Daemon shouted cheerfully.

"Why, thank you. Mind explaining to me in a bit more detail how your ability works?" Code said.

"Huh? Well, y'see." Daemon's cheery personality changed, but he gave no mind and decided to answer Code's question anyway.

"Daemon," Eida called, everyone's attention was now on her.

She placed a hand on her lips, her elbow resting on her other hand. "Shh... You shouldn't reveal your cards so readily, hmm?"

"Big Sis's right. You're practically asking to get beaten," Miyuki spoke up.

"Oh? You don't trust me?" Code said.

"I told you already that Daemon reflects attacks. That's all you really need to know. At least for the time being," Eida said.

"You really are a tough nut to crack. Besides, you never told me what Miyuki's ability is," Code said.

Miyuki glared at him as Bug tried telling him with his hands not to engage about her abilities. "That's none of your concern. Don't take offense, Code. We only just met, you know. More time needs to pass before I can show you everything," Eida said.

"Bedazzlement, Senrigan, and an unknown ability," Code began. "I haven't assumed that that's all there is to you, of course, but, don't tell me, you've got other abilities that you haven't demonstrated yet?"

"Well, wouldn't that be interesting...?" Eida said nonchalantly.

"SORRY, CODE! BUT SINCE BIG SIS SAYS NO, I CAN'T! MAYBE NEXT TIME!" Daemon said.

"You're too loud, Daemon," Miyuki scolded.

"Sorry, Sis," Daemon apologised quietly.

***

In Konoha, Kawaki was inside a shop. He examined some food as people were staring at him.

"Yo... quit starring," a man said to his friend.

"So civilains shouldn't know anything, but a lot of rumors've been flying around. Both true and false," Shikadai's voice rang in his head.

"Wake up already. Can't you see that you're just being used? There's no place here for you," Jigen spoke in Kawaki's voice.

***

At the Uzumaki household, Boruto stared at the pill that Amado made for him. "Two a day for a week now, but there's been no change, good or bad," Boruto said to himself. "Are they really working?"

"Boruto," Hinata called, peaking out of the kitchen to her oldest child who was at the stairs. "Has Kawaki come home yet?" she questioned.

"I haven't seen him," Boruto told his mother. "You're right. He's late."

"Did something happen?" Hinata asked. "He's never missed dinner before."

***

On the Hokage's Great Stone Faces, Kawaki sat with a rice ball and a water. He sat, staring at the village beyond, not noticing the man standing behind him.

"One rice ball and water... Don't tell me that's what you're having for dinner?" Naruto said.

Kawaki looked over his shoulder, glaring at the Seventh Hokage. "I know Hinata's made dinner by now. What're you doing here?"

"I'm bored of it. Can't I eat other stuff sometimes?" Kawaki replied.

"Come up with a better excuse first," Naruto shut him down. "You've never not cleaned your plate."

"Lord Seventh... I... I really like this spot. It's out of character for me, but I like the view from here," the younger boy said. "To gaze upon the village you protect. But... there ain't a place for me anywhere in this village. It's no one's fault. I'm a troublesome outsider, who wandered into this trouble-free, peaceful place. To be honest, I was really cocky. I can laugh at myself now. Jigen was right. I mean Isshiki. Whatever..." Kawaki as cut of when he was slung over Naruto's shoulder. "HEY! WHAT THE HECK!? LEMME DOWN!" he ordered.

"Jigen, Isshiki, who cares? I certainly don't. We're going home," Naruto said. "My stupid son." After a long walk, the two arrived home and Naruto put Kawaki down. "We're back!"

Kawaki's eyes widened when he walked into the kitchen. "Oh, Kawaki!" Himawari said cheerfully.

"Welcome home!" Hinata and Himawari said simultaneously.

"YOU'RE LATE! WHAT THE HECK WE'RE YOU DOIN'!?" Boruto exclaimed in annoyance.

"What is all this!? I don't..." Kawaki began.

"Yeah, you've been living with us for a while now, but it's been so hectic the whole time, we never had the chance to throw you a proper welcoming party," Naruto exclaimed.

"Hurry up and sit down. You kept us waiting so long, I'm hungry!" Boruto said.

The new Uzumaki family began eating their meal. Kawaki noticed the flower vase he broken then fixed. "Look, it did take effort to fix, but it's ugly with all those cracks. Use the one I bought you," he said.

"But I chose to use it! This vase has become even more precious to me now. It's fine!" Himawari said.

"I was gonna give you something nice, but, keep bein' rude, and I won't," Boruto spoke up.

"Huh? No way... You gotta at least show me now," Kawaki said.

"You seriously need to work on your attitude, dork!" Boruto said, pulling something out of his pocket. "Here." He placed it gently on the table.

"Uh, isn't this really special to you? Plus, I'm not officially a shinobi or anythin'," Kawaki said.

"Now that you've started shinobi training, you're a ninja-in-progress," Boruto said. "It doesn't matter whether you're official or not. Besides, even if you're not, me, Sarada, and Mitsuki consider you one of our teammates So just think of this as a formality."

"I can't accept this. Then you won't have one," Kawaki said.

"I've got old man Sasuke's. Well, okay, he lent it to me," Boruto reassured. "I got it! This'll be a loaner too! Since you'll get your own if and when you become a full ninja, and then you can give this one back."

"Why not?" Naruto spoke up. "It's a brilliant idea, for you, Boruto."

Boruto slammed his hands on the table. "WHADDAYA MEAN, FOR ME!?" he exclaimed in anger, making everyone laugh.

"Go on, Kawaki. Try it on," Hinata said.

Kawaki placed it on his head, becoming embarrassed. He said nothing as he looked away from his adoptive family, who were all staring at him wearing the headband.

"Hmm... I gotta say..." Boruto began. "It doesn't suit you at all. Sorry."

"Quit it. I don't want your pity," Kawaki said.

"But I think it looks quite good," Hinata said.

"Me too!" Himawari agreed with her mother.

"C'mon! It's best to be honest! It looks really dorky!" Boruto said.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Kawaki shouted.

"So okay, it seems a little out of place, but that's 'cause it's still unfamiliar. It'll be natural in no time," Naruto reassured.

Kawaki placed the headband around his neck. "Gah, I ain't convinced. I feel set up," he said.

"I know others that put it around their necks. Maybe try that style?" Himawari suggested.

"But I'm sure you'll grow into it as you grow as a shinobi," Boruto reassured.

***

Later that night, Kawaki held Boruto's headband as he sat on his bed, Naruto watching him, laying on his side, his hand supporting his head. "Kawaki," Naruto called Kawaki's attention. "Your place is here. My family thinks so, at the very least. You can stay with us for as long as you want. But if you can't just feel the same, then I've failed my job as Hokage. Sorry." He turned on his back. "The search for Code is rough. But don't worry. We'll find him. You can leave that to us.

'Cause this is Konoha. It's a place where anyone, even someone like you, can live at ease. Or else there was no point in becoming Hokage."

***

In Boruto's room, he laid awake on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His eyes drifted to the pills, then the diamond mark on his hand - the Karma.

***

Back in Kawaki and Naruto's room, Kawaki was still up, staring at the headband as Naruto slept soundlessly. Konoha. The place I belong? His eyes drifted to his hand, where his Karma mark used to be.

"So take it for yourself. Brand new power in the form of a Karma that's purly a weapon," Amado's words rung in his head.

Gimme a break. I don't need no Karma. There's still one thing that I can do to protect Konoha and Lord Seventh.

***

Meanwhile, back in the snowy mountain cult location, Miyuki sat on the counter, a white light in her hand. It was in the form of the fire statue Konoha has at the graveyard. Her eyes scanned it.

"Kawaki and Boruto, hey? Both users of Karma and Otsutsuki. Interesting," she commented to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327 0 17
Hey everyone, I hope you enjoy. None of the demon slayer characters belong to me besides my Oc's. ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ - Death - Blood - Weapons - Cusswor...
181K 5.5K 61
𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
13.2K 398 56
All of these pictures do not belong to me and they belong to their rightful owner , these characters don't belong to me either they belong to Horikos...
42.8K 2.2K 22
━ ❝ 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍. ❞ ( kamado tanjiro x fem!reader...