Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

By X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 17 - Yokai
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector

163 3 0
By X2Kosmo

As of my time I'm dropping this chapter early! It was a fun to write but also simple cause I had ground to stand on thanks to a little cinematic help. For the sake of continuity, I will be using "???" for the POV of the character we are seeing through the eyes of. Don't worry, for the same sake of continuity, a interaction with said character will reveal their name but when swapping back to Y/N's POV we will go back to using "???". For now at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???'s POV

Another hard working day at the shrine, maybe I should stop by the donut shop before they close for the evening. Looking at my phone I see the time indicating that its almost closed and just below the time I had a lot of notifications from my mom, she can be a pain sometimes. Ignoring the messages I continued on to the donut shop after leaving the shrine, the sunset had shone overhead leaving a orange tint in the air with a swift breeze shaking the cherry blossom trees all around me. Entering the store I was greeted by an old lady, Miss Yukotoro.

Miss Yukotoro: "Ah, If it isn't my most valued customer"

???: "Yeah, Its me again"

Miss Yukotoro: "And for the fifth time this week"

???: "What can I say? I love donuts"

Miss Yukotoro: "What a lovely woman you are too"

???: "Trust me, you wouldn't want to see my bad side"

Miss Yukotoro: "Anyways, I take its just the usual"

???: "Yep. Need to get home quickly, my mothers been trying to harass me"

Miss Yukotoro: "But Asa is a nice mother, I'm sure she just wants to spend time with you"

???: "Oh you have no idea"

The old lady had prepped three boxes of donuts already in hopes of my arrival.

Miss Yukotoro: "Now you take care dear"

???: "Oh, by the way, you didnt happen to see a guy who looks like a tourist around these parts did you?"

Miss Yukotoro: "To be honest I wouldnt know, people always come around but I did see one guy. Had his hood up and was carrying a duffle bag filled to the brim"

That got my memory going, the guy I instructed was carrying a duffle bag and was wearing a black unzipped hoodie. Guess he found his way to the apartment after all.

???: "Thank you Yukotoro-sama"

Miss Yukotoro: "Anytime my dear"

I waved goodbye to her before picking the three boxes filled to the brim with donuts and just licking my lips waiting to get home and devour these. As I exited the shop it was quiet, a peaceful kind of quiet, perfect conditions for a nice walk home is what I thought to myself but I couldn't help but remember that the Hashimoto would be out soon, these people need protecting. Finally arriving at the apartment building I see Mr. Yoshida isn't at his desk as usual so I continue up to my floor through the elevator, It is there I see Mr. Yoshida fixing a bulb in the ceiling.

???: "Hi Mr Yoshida"

Mr. Yoshida: "Oh. Hi Kiriko, donuts for dinner again?"

Kiriko: "These aren't just any donuts, they're fox festival donuts... With spirit sprinkles, wanna try one?"

Mr Yoshida: "No thank you, but I hope you and your mother enjoy them"

Kiriko: "She's here? Ugh... Let me guess, she brought her vacuum"

Mr Yoshida: "Yep. You know, someone came to work with me today and she's very excited to see you"

Looking down I saw Akari, a little deaf girl with a fox headband who over the years I've developed a way of talking to with sign language. I squat down next to her and started using sign language, when she saw me she began waving with joy and hope in her eyes.

Akari (Sign Language): "Kiriko!"

Kiriko (Sign Language): "Hey there, little rabbit. You're getting so good at that"

Akari: "I'm a fox, not a rabbit!"

Kiriko: "Oh ho hoo, but of course. I've got something for you"

With that I started to pull out something from my bag, a little orange fox plush with the shrine maiden outfit. Akari took it and hugged it immediately then began gesturing to me she also had something for me. She dug through her bag and pulled out another headband, this one painted red and whit with little ears poking from the sides.

Kiriko: "How do I look?"

I began posing like a model which Akari began laughing to

Akari: "You're so silly!"

Kiriko: "Welp, I should get going. See you later little fox, Mr Yoshida pray for me"

I continued walking down the hallway before reaching my door, inside I could hear a vacuum so I immediately knew what was about to happen when I walked through this door.

Kiriko: "Mom! You're here!"

Asa: "Ah! Kiriko! Its not safe here anymore, just last week someone was robbed at gunpoint. You should never have moved out! I brought you groceries"

Kiriko: "Mom, You're overreacting"

Asa: "I'm not overreacting... Please. Tell me this is not your dinner"

I could only grin and be speechless in the face of my mothers dead pan expression

Asa: "Kiriko"

Kiriko: "Mom, look at me, I am totally protected by the fox spirit. Just like grandma was"

Asa: "Your grandmother is gone... and I will not lose you too"

Kiriko: "But mom, the fox spirit blocks bullets and balances your blood sugar. She's an all purpose kind of spirit, all purpose, like flour, which makes... Donuts!"

Asa: "You know I have a sword, right?"

Kiriko: "I'm fine, Im sooo safe"

Asa: "Y'know. I stay up all night worrying about you. You've stopped training with me, Kanezaka's falling apart and I... I don't know how to protect you. Faith alone, isn't enough Kiriko"

Kiriko: "Mom. You may not believe in the fox spirit, or what grandma taught me. But believe in me... I'm stronger than you think"

Asa: "Are you?"

I just stood there, I didn't want to talk to her anymore. She's always overprotective of me and acts like I haven't been able to take care of myself even though she taught me almost everything I know when It comes to self defense, I wish sometimes she would take me more seriously. The rest of the night went swimmingly with her trying to get me to eat food I don't like until I started hearing footsteps and banging coming from outside my door, looking through the peephole I see Mr. Yoshida being surrounded by Hashimoto and is then pinned up against the wall by one of them which was enough for me to step in.

Using my powers on Hashimoto was something I'm used to, the hard part was making sure no one else gets hurt. Teleporting into the hallway, the lights began flickering as I was getting my bearings and seeing how many there were, 5 Hashimoto, Mr Yoshida, Akari and... A guy? Is he bleeding on the wall? Either way I need to make this quick, the less casualties the better. The flickering eventually ended as the bulbs blew and a red glow illuminated the hallway we were in.

Y/N's POV

???: "I'm going to kick every one of you... in the face"

I couldn't make her figure out clearly but her outfit reminded me of the girl I met earlier today. Where did she come from? There's no way she can take all five guys in a fight... right?

Man 2: "What?"

Man 1: "No one threatens the Hashimoto!

Man 2: "Wait, wait! I don't want to get kicked in the face"

Meanwhile I am just sitting against the wall with the knife still in my gut watching it unfold, bleeding out wasn't an uncommon thing for me nowadays so it was just about not passing out and with the Z-Drive out of commission I wasn't going to be able to get up any time soon.

Man 2: "I'm going to call for back up!"

Man 1: "What?!"

In that instant a kunai went flying into the forehead of the mans oni mask he had put on knocking him unconscious. Within the same couple seconds this girl had moved close enough to land a kick across the other guys face who panic shot his gun into the ceiling, prompting the other ones behind them to gang up on her. This chick was amazing in hand to hand combat, her movements flowed like water while she parried the guys charging her with swords in hand, kicking them down one by one until she stabbed a nearby fire extinguisher and began to use the smoke as cover to throw Kunai from. Not even I could see where she went as bullets were fired in her direction, It wasnt until I saw a guy with a rifle grab the little girl from Mr Yoshida that she reemerged but by that time it was too late. A gun shot rung in the air as Mr Yoshida stood in place, he stumbled back towards the thug who was knocked out earlier as she caught him in her arms, placing a glowing talisman on his chest and immediately dashing towards the guy running with the little girl in tow.

Screams could be heard from the child and they didn't stop even after she was reunited with him, I sat there being unable to help at all, a fight I started but one I couldn't finish. I had noticed the woman standing over Mr Yoshida began to clench her fists with her eyes beginning to glow a vibrant blue.

???: "You Hashimoto, have preyed on this city..."

Instantly teleporting to a guy behind her and bouncing his body off the floor and ceiling like a ragdoll

???: "This neighborhood"

Kicking a guy rushing her from behind then picking out the next one and putting them in a choke from behind

???: "These people..."

Palming his head into the wall beside her and taking a terrifying stance

???: "For too long..."

She then teleport between the two guys in front of her and split kick them into each wall and began wailing on them in a fury of blows and kicks. In the span of a couple minutes she had managed to deal with almost every member of this crew with ease, the casualties however have come in the form of Mr Yoshida. Without me even noticing, these blue beams had appeared out of nowhere but that's not all, along side her was a blue fox, ones eyes that glowed of white.

Kiriko's POV

The only thing I want to give these guys right now, is the pain and suffering they've caused for Kanezaka all these years.

Kiriko: "I have a message for you to take back to your boss... Kanezaka... Is under my protection"

I had fully released the power of my Tori gates maximizing the potential of the power the great fox spirit has provided me with, with this power I protect those who cant protect themselves and empower those who wish to fight alongside my cause, Akari and Mr Yoshida are included in this fight too. The two then rose from the ground taking a stand against the people they once feared, it didn't take much to send them running like cowards all the way to the elevator as Akari chased them down with a fire axe, what a funny sight that is.

Y/N's POV

What am I witnessing? First, this girl has supernatural powers to do with a fox? Secondly, Mr Yoshida could still get up after taking a bullet to the back? What is my life? Not only was I slowly passing out from blood loss, I was witnessing things beyond belief and honestly I could think I was hallucinating because of me losing so much blood. It wasn't long after the Hashimoto ran in fear that I passed out and couldn't remember a single other thing that happened that night.

Kiriko's POV

After addressing Akari and Mr Yoshida to make sure they were okay I turned around to see the same guy from before now slumped over with a blood trail marked up against the wall. I teleported over to see him unconscious, his breathing was erratic and he had lost a lot of blood from the stab wound I noticed in his stomach,

Kiriko: "Mr Yoshida! What happened to him?!"

Mr Yoshida: "He stepped in after the Hashimoto had started harassing us. I feel terribly sorry for getting him into this mess"

Kiriko: "Don't mind that, what room number is he"

He then pointed to a door three rooms down from me, I picked him up dragging his arm over my shoulder

Kiriko: "This guys a mess but I should be able to patch him up"

Mr Yoshida: "Thank you... Kiriko"

Kiriko: "Don't mention it, you guys are like family to me"

I was able to open the door and drag him all the way to his bed and treat his wound, unclothing him of his hoodie to get a better view of the stab wound and I began to see all the scars he had which was intriguing to me. It wasn't weird in the way that I had do it to heal him but it was weird for me to be stripping a guy of his clothes in general, but now it was just a matter of waiting to see when he wakes up. I have a lot of questions to ask him.

A/N: Thats right! Your favorite donut eating, kunai throwing, fox adoring ninja has arrived on the scene and with a strong impression too. I got started on this chapter super early so I wouldn't delay it for another day, pretty much as soon as the last one went up I already started on this one. It was pretty simple for me this chapter as I could use the cinematic for source material and just mix in a Kiriko POV for the beginning and the mid fight talk with a Y/N POV moment for commentary. Either way this should buy me some time to get ahead on the next chapter too. It will be interesting... How will Y/N react to being stripped of his hoodie by this strange woman? Is Kiriko's Fox technically like a stand from JoJo's? I don't have those answers, but one things for sure. Y/N and Kiriko are going to get along very well... Once they pass the slight bit of awkwardness and actually develop a friendship that is.

See you all very soon in...

Origin's

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2K 46
In a post-war world, trying to recover from the devastation of the Omnic Crisis, you are a retired soldier trying to live with your PTSD in Miami. Y...
4.5K 95 27
This is a story trying to follow the Overwatch storyline before the Recall (I'm gonna make a sequel for after the Recall). THIS STORY IS NOT FINISHED...
28.1K 399 19
Our mission is the same - to protect. He wanted to keep a secret from society as I tried to protect society from their secrets. He is in Blackwatch...
99.2K 1.4K 32
You were Talon deadliest weapon but one day they decided to put you in a cell. You waited five years in the cold and the dark before they finally ne...