UP IN FLAMES - Lydia Martin

By glitterdior

Skylar Argent is not your usual teen. She is a danger, she is the embodiment of the devil, and most of all, s... More

Up In Flames
Act 01.
001. Introducing the psychopath
003. Fuck high school
004. The many mysteries of Skylar Argent
005. Like mother, like daughter
006. Alleycat and the dog
007. Know thy enemy
008. Unknown number
009. Something wicked this way comes
010. Humiliation hallucination
011. Family before all
012. The weapon of vengeance
Act 02.
013. Skylar's return

002. Flasback to when you met me

383 22 1
By glitterdior

╰┈➤ chapter two;
flashback to when you met me

💥⚡️💌

SKYLAR SMILED wickedly as she watched the Principal walk out of the school, carrying a few folders. Her eyes burned with tears, which would come in use in about...... 10 seconds....

"Sir." She gasped, running around the corner she was hid behind. "Sir– please! Someone's following me! Can you please walk me to my car?"

"What? Of course, young lady." He said, gathering the folders in his hand.

Skylar let out a sob as she led the principal to the black SUV with tinted windows. In the blink of an eye, a hunter dressed in black head to toe, apparatus from the darkness and grabbed Skylar, shoving her into the trunk.

Skylar sat in silence as she listened to her aunt Victoria and Gerard interrogate the principal, then torture him. Sighing, she wondered when she would be let out.

💥⚡️💌

Strutting though the hallway in school, Skylar couldn't help but smirk at the various gazes that followed her figure.

It was no secret that many people don't come to Beacon hills, not wanting to be the one involved in the odd strings of murders tied to the town, and it was obvious that the new girl already acted like she owned the building. Maybe it would brighten up their dull Monday morning and give them something to think about.

Skylar wasn't oblivious to the stares from boys and girls as she walked down the corridor. They raised her already large ego, not that it needed to be fed.

She knocked on the new principals door and it swung open, revealing Gerard. He let her in.
Skylar didn't go to the seat in front of the old man, she instead walked around the office, inspecting the books on the shelves from the previous principal.

"So. . ." She drawled. "Anything fun for me to do? Such as, I don't know, monitoring anyone? I've only been here for five minutes and I'm already bored out of my mind."

"Nothing." Gerard replied, observing Skylar with narrowed eyes and a sly smirk.

"Don't give me shit, Gerard." Skylar said. "I know your hiding something."

"There's a girl..." he started. "And you need to keep an eye on her. Conveniently you're in all her classes."

Skylar raised her eyebrow. "Conveniently? How interesting."

"She was bitten by Peter Hale." Gerard paused when he saw a Skylar's face turn sour. Peter Hale was the one who killed her mother.

"Her name?"

"Lydia Martin."

"Right." Replied Skylar with a stubborn expression. Oh, she remembered Lydia Martin like it was yesterday. The fucking ginger bitch. The bell rang, startling Skylar. "I think it's time for me to go now." She said to Gerard.

Without looking back, she left Gerards office and made her way to her first class. Without any problems, she found the room and pushed the door open.

Thankfully it was still rather empty. One person at the front was asleep on the desk and another one was digging for something in their bag. Silently, Skylar moved past them and took a seat right at the back of the class, in the middle of the last row.

It didn't take long for the class to fill up. She could see Lydia Martin sitting at the front, her ginger hair pulled up in a ponytail.

"Class..." started the teacher. "We had a new student join us today. Everyone, this is Skylar Argent."

Everyone's eyes snapped to the only unfamiliar face in the room. Skylar smiled at the teacher before she looked at Lydia Martin, making eye contact with the ginger. A smirk grew on her face as she studied the ginger's surprised expression, and she cynically sent her a small wave before turning back to the teacher.

💥⚡️💌

FLASHBACK, 10 YEARS AGO

SKYLAR'S VERSION

"I love it!" Skylar squealed, twirling the pink and blue ends of hair around her fingers. "Mommy, can I keep this FOREVER?"

"We'll see, Skye, how 'bout that?" Her mom said, and the two looked at each other through the mirror.

"Do you think people at school will like it?" Skylar asked, suddenly calm.

"I think they'll love it!" Her mom exclaimed, fixing the second pigtail.

"Yayyy! I actually can't wait. Malia said she dyed her hair purple. We're gonna be so coo!"

"So cool!" Her mom repeated and laughed along with Skylar.

Her mom's phone which was laying screen down on the bathroom counter suddenly chimed and she picked it up. "Mommy, someone texted you."

Her mom ripped the phone from Skylar's small hands, accidentally scratching her arm.

"Mommy! That hurt!"

"I'm sorry, Skye, but mommy is urgently needed at work. Can you go down to Malia's house and get a ride with her mom?"

"Sure." Said Skylar, disappointed. This had been the first interaction she had with her mom in over three days and she was already going back to work.

______

"C'mon Skye, it'll be fine!" Malia said as the two walked up the steps to their school. "Everyone will LOVE our hair! I'm sure!"

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I'm ALWAYS sure." Malia grabbed Skylar's hand and dragged her up the rest of the steps and they burst through the doors of their school.

A few people glanced in their direction but no one seemed to be particularly interested in them.

"See?! Everyone loves it!" Malia exclaimed.

"I don't know..." Skylar muttered.

The two made their way down the corridor to their first class when their math teacher walked out of the classroom they passed. "Tate! I need to speak to you about something."

Malia groaned. "Oh nooo. She's gonna kill me. Go to our first class, I'll meet you there."

"Okay...." Skylar said as she watched Malia walk into the math classroom.

Making her way down to her first class, she felt as if someone was watching her. She stopped and looked around but no one was there.

As she was about to round the corner, a foot tripped her up.

Skylar's cheek slammed into the linoleum floor and the back of her head into the side of a locker. Tears gathered in her eyes from the pain and she looked up.

A girl with green eyes and ginger hair was hysterically laughing and it seemed to be contagious to the people around her. Her friend group behind her was doubling over from laughing so hard and the people who walked past Skylar on the floor were chuckling.

"Having fun down there?" One girl from the gingers friend group laughed, which made everyone else roar with laughter.

"What is wrong with your hair?" Another asked as Skylar got up.

"Nothings wrong with my hair." Skylar replied. Her cheek was stinging so bad that she could feel the pain in her eye.

"Everything is wrong with it. It looks terrible." Everyone roared with laughter even more.

Feeling her cheeks burn with embarrassment, Skylar ran past the group and missed her classroom, instead going straight to the toilets.

______

TWO DAYS LATER

Quickly scribbling down some notes the teacher requested for them to write down, Skylar felt something hit the back of her head. More specifically, a scrunched up ball of paper.

It rolled next to her bag and when the teacher wasn't looking, she picked it up and unravel it.

YOU'RE SO FAT
YOU LOOK LIKE A COW 🐄

Glancing behind her, she locked eyes with the ginger girl who had tripped her up. After school, she had learned her name from Malia; Lydia Martin.

The girl was intently staring at her and a smirk grew on her face, and she sent a cynical wave.

Glancing down at the note, Skylar's mind started jumping in circles. Was Lydia right? Was she really, fat? It was definitely all the meals her mom cooked. Her mom said they were nutritious but all they were doing was making her look like a cow.

That night was the first of many where she missed dinner.

💥⚡️💌

FLASHBACK, 10 YEARS AGO

LYDIA'S VERSION

Lydia wanted it to stop. Her parents arguing every single night, to the point where glass would start shattering.

Her mom would deny anything the next morning, though. She would defend Lydia's father like he was some innocent. It was infuriating.

And the broken arguments she overheard from time to time were enough to keep her locked in her room for long periods of time, to the point where her mom had to threaten her to leave the house for school.

It always started with her father pointing something he wasn't happy about out, then her mother would try to calm him down, and that would make it worse. Sometimes it was about how her mom looked like an overweight cow, and other times it was about how the cutlery wasn't cleaned right.

"Sweetie, it's time for school." She heard her mother voice. Was it really morning? Had she spent the entire night awake and hiding under the covers?

"I'm awake." She called back weakly. Deciding she didn't have any energy to argue with her mom, she quickly got herself ready, had a cracker for breakfast and waited for her mother in the car.

The drive to school wasn't long, but as her mom was driving around to find a spot to park, she noticed two girls getting out of a silver car.

One of them, had purple dip-dyed hair and the other had her blonde hair up in two pigtails, each one sip-dyed blue or pink. Like the famous comic book character, Harley Quinn.

The blonde turned to the side and Lydia recognised who it was. Skylar. She didn't know her name because the girl never wrote it on any exams they had to submit and Lydia had the task of collecting up the paper.

Maybe one day, she would learn Skylar's full name.

______

It was hard to say if Lydia liked her overly massive friend group, but she wasn't able to change the situation she was in. She desired to be a nobody. To fit into the walls of school like everyone else did. But because of her bright strawberry blonde hair, she was doomed from the start to be 'popular'.

"Hey, Jae!" Called Joey, a girl from her friend group. "Put your foot out, see if we catch anyone!"

The boy put his foot out so anyone walking around the corner wouldn't see it but would still suffer from it, and he laughed. He waited for four minutes but nothing happened.

Everyone thought it was great fun. After Jae, May, Delia, Rima, and Jackson wanted a go. But nothing happened and they all were starting to get miserable.

"Lydia, it's your turn!" Jackson called, an evil grin on his face.

"No, no." Lydia refused but her pleas went unnoticed.

Joey pushed Lydia forward and she almost lost her balance, if it wasn't for the foot she put out to steady herself. But what she wasn't expecting was for SKYLAR to trip over her.

Lydia's friend group roared with laughter behind her. Lydia wanted to help Skylar up, to apologise, but she couldn't move. She was frozen.

The blonde girl's blue eyes shimmered with tears like a polished crystal and her left cheek was turning redder and redder by the second.

"What's wrong with your hair?" Called Rima from the back, still giggling.

Skylar frowned. "Nothings wrong with my hair."

"Everything is wrong with it. It looks terrible!" Delia added.

Before Lydia could say anything, Skylar had ran off.

The strawberry blonde turned to her friend group, glaring at them. "Why are you like that?"

Jackson laughed even harder. "Don't act like it wasn't your fault. You gotta admit, it was funny."

"It wasn't." Persisted lydia.

"Brighten up, Lyds. You're like a storm cloud all the damn time! Brighten up, didn't you see how funny that was?"

______

TWO DAYS LATER

Lydia was having a good morning before her neighbour told her she looked so alike to her mother. As if they could be twins.

And if they could be twins, then what would her father think of her? Her father called her mother a fat cow, so would he have any problems calling her the same thing? Was she getting fat?

The mirror on her wall said yes, and so did the scale.

That morning, class was miserable. Rima and Joey were gossiping next to her, scrunching paper and giggling as they wrote stuff on it.

Casper, who was sitting behind her, tapped her shoulder. "Lydia, do you have a pencil I could use."

Lydia nodded and handed him a pencil from her pencil case. When she turned back around, she made eye contact with Skylar. The blonde had a pained expression on her face and Lydia could also make out a slight... disappointment in her eyes?

She could only hope that this grade would be over soon.

💥⚡️💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.1K 84
Beacon Hills' community becomes laced with demons who are wanting something in particular and the only one who seems to know what they're doing is St...
154K 2.7K 31
~only evil can punish evil~ Nina Hale never asked to be thrown into a bank vault in the very town that murdered her family. She wanted a fresh start...
133K 4.3K 27
๐‘๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐€ | โ There are so many threats happening all at once and no one trusts anyone. People are dying and we don't know why or how or who's...
2.8K 98 15
๐‘น๐’†๐’…๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’š (๐—ป.) ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป Naya Argent is the kind of a girl you want to be friends with or at least...