Conveniently Inconvenient

By misscelestiana

Irene Marcos is a brilliant and determined executive who will soon take over as the CEO of her family's Marco... More

Conveniently Inconvenient
PROLOGUE
uno
due
tre
quattro
cinque
sei
otto
nove
dieci
undici
dodici
tredici

sette

615 55 9
By misscelestiana

A few days have passed since Irene and Greggy returned to the Philippines. Kalat na kalat na sa media ang mga litrato at mga balita tungkol sa kanilang dalawa.

Two days have passed since they returned to their condo and Greggy thought of visiting his girlfriend, Isabelle. Matagal-tagal na rin kasi noong huli silang mag-usap at paniguradong mahaba-habang pagpapaliwanag ang kailangan niyang gawin.

Dumaan muna siya sa flower shop upang bilhin ang paboritong bulaklak ni Isabelle. And when he arrived at Isabelle's place, he took a deep breathe before knocking.

"Hon... How are you?" bungad ni Greggy nang buksan ni Isabelle ang pinto. "Oh, the audacity... Mabuti naman at naalala mo pa ako," she rolled her eyes at him.

"Honey, please, let me explain..." he gazed at the flower he was holding and showed it to her. "I bought your favorite flowers and food... Please, let's talk..."

Isabelle scoffed, "Ano pa bang pag-uusapan natin, Greggy? Hindi pa ba sapat ang mga nakikita ko? 'Yung mga araw na hindi mo man lang ako magawang i-text o tawagan! Dahil ba kasama mo 'yang asawa mo?"

She stepped away and left Greggy standing in the doorway. Greggy immediately entered and closed the door then followed Isabelle into her room after placing the flower and bags on the table.

"Hon, hear me out... We were busy sa mga meetings and we have to pretend in front of everyone--"

"Anong gagawin mo? Anong gusto mong gawin ko?!" she exclaimed. "Oo na! Let's say you have to pretend pero kahit isang message lang sana, Greggy! Ako naman 'yung nauna, 'di ba?" she continued.

Greggy sighed, "I'm sorry... Let me make it up to you, hon," nagmamakaawa na sabi ni Greggy at inabot ang mga kamay ni Isabelle.

"Is she a good kisser?"

He didn't get what she meant at first but when he realized that it's about the articles. "No. You are much better, Isa. Believe me, we have to do that--"

She cursed, "Greggy! Hindi mo man lang ba naisip 'yung mararamdaman ko?" she harshly pulled away her arms that he was holding.

"Listen... Honey, my dad, and Irene's dad hired a paparazzi... Imee informed us. Ginawa namin para sa media and you know what will happen if we won't do that. Isa, you what my Dad can do... Ayaw ko naman na mapunta sa wala ang mga pinaghirapan ko..." Greggy stated calmly while looking Isabelle in the eyes.

"And? It's okay for you to hurt me? Hindi naman tayo ganito dati, Greggy! We used to live peacefully and well! But since that Irene came and married you, instead of me, right? Hindi ko na alam kung girlfriend mo pa rin ba ako."

Greggy said nothing and just hugged Isabelle. He apologized to her again and again until he was able to kneel down and continue to apologize.

Isabelle sat on her bed and Greggy immediately followed. She held his cheek and looked into his teary eyes. Greggy stood up without hesitation and kissed Isabelle. She immediately responded to his kisses until they started heating up and led to an intimate thing.

On the other hand, Irene and Miguel met at their favorite restaurant. Matagal-tagal na rin noong huli silang kumain sa labas nang silang dalawa lang.

"It's been a while since the last time we went here, 'no?" Irene mumbled while slicing her food. "Oo nga... Iba na kasi ang buhay may asawa," Miguel teased.

"Alam mo, itikom mo na lang 'yang bibig mo kung iinisin mo lang ako!" sambit ni Irene. Miguel gave her peace sign, "Ang cute mo talaga maasar, 'no? Paano nga ulit 'yung galit na Mrs. Araneta?"

Huminga nang malalim si Irene bago binato ng tissue si Miguel. "Okay, I'll stop na... Baka mainis ka lalo at iwan mo pa ako,"

Nagkwentuhan pa sila habang kumakain at hindi rin nagtagal ay lumabas na sila. They agreed that Irene would spend the night at Miguel's place and watch their favorite movies. A little catch up.

They first went by Irene and Greggy's condo so that Irene could get some of her things and went straight to Miguel's place.

"I look so cute here, oh! Hindi mo talaga tinanggal itong frame natin dito..." saad ni Irene habang nakatingin sa side table ni Miguel kung saan naka-display ang mga picture frame.

Irene took the picture frame of her and Miguel together. Having fun and bonding in the Enchanted Kingdom. Miguel was just looking at her while she's looking at the frames.

"Hoy, Migo! Are you listening? Gandang ganda ka na naman sa akin!" Irene snapped in front of his face. "You are beautiful naman, madali lang mapikon," he chuckled.

They started getting ready and cooking for their dinner and midnight snacks. After they finished dinner, Miguel prepared the two comforters that they would use to watch movies.

"Hindi ka ba hahanapin ng asawa mo? Baka mamaya may kumakatok bigla tapos bugbugin ako, 'Rene ha?" Irene laughed at Miguel while watching him preparing the comforters and their separate beds and now wearing their cute pjs.

"Hayaan mo siya! Hindi ko naman nga siya pinapakialaman kahit saan siya pumunta. He should do the same to me."

Umismid si Miguel at tumingin sa kaniya. "You got the power talaga, madame!" Natawa na lamang si Irene sa kaibigan.

They spent the night doing their favorite hobbies. Teasing each other, sharing and reminiscing some memories.

Greggy got up early the next morning to prepare Isabelle breakfast. He checked his phone after he finished cooking and read the news report that had created his unpleasant morning.

[Spotted: In a sudden turn of happenings, Irene Marcos-Araneta, wife of prominent businessman Greggy Araneta, was recently seen walking together with Miguel Miranda during the evening hours, leading to intense speculation about the nature of their relationship and leaving many waiting for Greggy Araneta to come out with an official statement.

The scene has sparked suspicions about Irene Marcos-Araneta's relationship with Miguel Miranda, leading to accusations of alleged cheating. The suspected cheating accusations have captivated social media, gossip columns, and the general public, leaving many curious about the issue and its potential impact on the Marcos and Araneta family.

As the public awaits Greggy Araneta's official remark about his wife's nighttime meeting with Miguel Miranda, rumor continues to swirl, bringing issues about trust, loyalty, and the obstacles that individuals who live in the public light endure.]

After he read the article, he massaged his temple and sighed heavily. "Irene! Why are you with that Miranda again?!" he firmly whispered. Nag-iwan muna siya ng sulat para kay Isabelle bago umalis.

Habang nagmamaneho siya pabalik sa kanilang condo ay patuloy niyang tinatawagan si Irene ngunit hindi ito sumasagot.

He drove even faster because of his annoyance. And when he couldn't actually contact Irene, he quickly walked back to the condo hoping to find Irene there.

Nang mabuksan niya na at maisara muli ang pinto, agad siyang pumunta sa kanilang kwarto ngunit wala doon ang kaniyang asawa. Maayos ang kama ni Irene at tila ba hindi ito nagalaw.

"Irene?!" he shouted. He checked their bathroom, closet, balcony, and the other rooms but he didn't see Irene.

He took his phone and dialed the number of Irene's secretary. "Good morning, Sir Greggy..." bati ng sekretarya.

"Is your boss in her office?" seryosong tanong ni Greggy. "Wala pa po siya, sir. Mamaya pa raw po darating si Miss Irene..." Greggy thanked the secretary and hang up the call.

Just a few minutes later, he heard the main door open which made him turn to see Irene carrying a bag. "Where have you been? Why aren't you answering my calls?"

"Good morning din sayo..." sagot ni Irene bago isara ang pinto. "I'm asking you, where have you been?" pag-ulit ni Greggy.

"Sa kaibigan ko. Nag-sleepover kami," Irene said. Greggy pressed his lips together, preventing himself from bursting out, and showed her his phone, about the news article again.

"What? Aren't you going to say something? The article is all over social media, Irene! You are with that Miguel without telling me!" he exclaimed.

Nabigla naman si Irene dahil sa sinabi niya. "Tell you? For what? It makes no difference even if you want to go visit your girlfriend, and even if you don't let me know, you still don't hear anything from me, do you?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say na kumalma ka! Hindi mo kailangan magalit dahil kasama ko si Miguel kagabi and I slept in his place. Ikaw, hindi ka rin naman umuwi kagabi, 'di ba? So, what's with that anger?"

Greggy brushed his palm on his face and looked at Irene again. "Irene, makikita ito ng Daddy mo. Your Mom and your siblings! Even Dad will ask about this. Anong gusto mong reaksyon ko?" he blurted.

"Excuse me. I'm getting ready to go to the office." malumanay sa sabi ni Irene. "Hindi pa tayo tapos mag-usap, Irene. What will you do next? You're spotted with that Miguel and you're not going to do anything?"

Pabagsak na ibiniba ni Irene sa couch ang gamit niya at tinitigan nang mariin si Greggy. "Bakit ba galit na galit ka kay Miguel?! You were thinking about what my family and your family would say? About what people will think about that freaking article? Hindi mo pa nga ako pinakinggan nang buo kung bakit ko siya kasama, 'di ba?! He's my best friend and I was with him last night because we did catch up! We did what we used to do before as best friends! Ikaw, girlfriend mo 'yung pinuntahan mo kagabi at hindi naman ako nakialam, hindi ba?" she burst out.

"I can clear my name and tell the public about why I am with Miguel. Without your help, Greggy!" she grabbed her things and left him dumbfounded.

Napaupo na lang si Greggy sa couch nang muling makaalis si Irene. Tila pinagsisihan niya na hindi muna niya pinakinggan ang asawa bago siya nagbitaw ng mga salita.

Afternoon came, Irene is busy at the moment. She hadn't eaten lunch yet and she was still very annoyed by what happened to her and Greggy this morning.

While she's busy reading and checking some business proposals and presentations, she heard a knock on her door. She turned and saw her father peeking at the door so she immediately stood up to greet Ferdinand.

"Hi, Dad... Napadalaw po kayo?" Irene smiled after she greeted her dad with a cheek kiss. "Hindi ako magtatagal, anak. I just want to ask you something..." Ferdinand said.

"I know it's all about the news, Daddy..." Irene sighed. He nodded and waited for his daughter to talk. He is aware of how long Irene and Miguel have been friends. He is just listening to his daughter while she's explaining.

"I'll release a statement about it, Dad... I'm sorry," Ferdinand pulled his daughter for a hug. "Fix that mess, huh? You and Greggy need to show everyone that everything is true and I trust you..." he smiled.

"I'll call your husband to fetch you here at mag-lunch kayo. I asked your secretary, hindi ka pa raw kumakain... Greggy will be here in a while."

Wala nang nagawa si Irene sa sinabi ng kaniyang ama. When her secretary informed her of Greggy's arrival, she took a deep breath before going out of her office.

She found him waiting outside their company, standing near his car, waiting for her. Greggy smiled at him but she just formed her lips into a line.

"Where do you want to eat? Sa restaurant ba? Sa BGC?" Greggy asked. "Kahit saan. 'Yung makikita na ng media na magkasama tayo and I'm not cheating." seryosong sabi ni Irene at nauna nang pumasok sa kotse.

Napabuntong hininga na lamang si Greggy bago pumasok sa driver's seat. The whole ride until they arrived at BGC was peaceful. Greggy is too shy to start a conversation with her.

Bumaba agad si Greggy mula sa kotse at pinagbuksan ng pinto ang asawa. He offered his hand for her to hold it. She glared at him first before holding it.

Nang makapasok sila sa restaurant, they ordered what food they wanted and remained silent until their food was served.

Only utensils could be heard while they were eating. None of them took the initiative to start a conversation. Napatingin si Greggy kay Irene at napansin na may natirang sauce sa gilid ng labi nito.

Hindi siya nagdalawang isip na tanggalin ito gamit ang kaniyang daliri. Irene was surprised with what he did. "May natirang sauce sa side ng lips mo," he grin.

Sinamaan lang siya ng tingin ni Irene at nagpatuloy na sa pagkain. When they finished, Irene was about to take off her card from her wallet when Greggy gave his card first.

Irene rolled her eyes again. 'Akala mo makukuha mo ako sa mga moves mo.' she thought. "Why do you keep on rolling your eyes at me?" Greggy asked as soon as the crew left.

She just gave him a glare which made him shut his mouth. "Yeah... I already know that look," he acted defeated.

They went out of the restaurant with their hands intertwined together and looking so sweet. Hinatid muli ni Greggy si Irene  bago siya bumalik sa kaniyang opisina.

"Thanks for lunch..." sambit ni Irene nang makalabas siya sa kotse. Aalis na sana siya nang hawakan ni Greggy ang kamay niya. "Won't you give me a kiss?" he asked while caressing her hand.

"What now? Hindi pa ba sapat ang pagpapasalamat? Babayaran ko na lang 'yung nilibre mo sa akin,"

"That's not what I meant, Irene. A lot of people are looking at us... Nasa labas tayo, you'll leave me here without giving me a kiss?" Irene sighed as she rolled her eyes at him.

She tiptoed and was about to kiss his cheek but Greggy turned his face at her which caused her to kiss his lips. "Greggy! Why did you do that?!" mariin na bulong niya.

"I'll pick you up again later, wife..." Greggy simply caressed her waist. Dahil sa inis ni Irene ay iniwan na lamang niya ang asawa at pumasok na. Nakangiti lang si Greggy hanggang sa makabalik siya sa kaniyang opisina. "She's so adorable... Lalo na kapag galit,"

It was already past four in the afternoon, and Greggy left his office early to pick up his wife. When he arrived in front of the Marcos Empire, Irene was just about to exit the building. He went out of his car immediately and approached his wife.

"Irene... Let's go home?" inalok niya ang kamay niya para hawakan ni Irene. Irene was hesitant to accept it but she immediately noticed her father's car so she took it causing Greggy to smile.

"Do you want to go somewhere before we go home?" tanong ni Greggy bago buksan ang pinto ng kotse. Umiling lang si Irene at pumasok na.

The two of them were silent until they reached the condo. Irene quickly got out of the car when Greggy already parked. She went to their condo quickly and didn't wait for her husband.

Napabuntong hininga na lang si Greggy dahil alam niyang galit pa rin si Irene. Pagpasok niya sa pinto ay sakto namang papasok si Irene sa office room at hindi na niya naka-usap ang asawa.

Pumasok siya sa kwarto para maligo and when he finished, he thought of cooking dinnerfor them. While Irene was still busy in the office room.

He thought of cooking the Italian cuisine Fettuccine al Pomodoro and Tiramisù for dessert.

Almost an hour and a half passed and Irene felt hungry. She could smell a familiar smell coming from the kitchen that she hadn't tasted in a long time.

Lumabas siya sa office at nadatnan si Greggy na inaayos na ang pagkain sa hapag. Naka-suot pa siya ng apron at agad niyang napansin si Irene.

"Hi... Dinner is ready," nakangiti niyang sabi. Hindi nagsalita si Irene at lumapit na lang. She remembered the smell correctly. Miguel and her favorite food that they often eat whenever they visit Italy.

Marahan siyang hinila ni Greggy at inalalayan umupo. "Gumawa rin ako ng Tiramisù for dessert..." sambit ni Greggy at akmang lalagyan niya na ang plato ni Irene but she refused.

"I can do it... Kumain ka na rin," tipid niyang sabi. Greggy immediately sat next to her when he got the dessert he made from the kitchen and they started eating together.

Lihim na napangiti si Irene nang matikman ang luto niya. She badly wanted to tell him how good his cook was. Pero naalala niya na galit pala siya sa asawa.

The two of them were silent while having dinner. Greggy wants to start a conversation but he is afraid that Irene might not talk to him either.

Nang matapos sila ay nagprisinta na si Greggy na lang ang maghugas ng mga pinagkainan nila. "Thank you," Irene mumbled. "For what?" he gazed at her, hoping that she'll look at him either.

"Salamat sa dinner... Your cooking is delicious. I loved it," she said without looking at him. She excused herself after thanking him. Kinuha niya ang mga gamit niya mula sa office room at bumalik sa kanilang kwarto.

As soon as Greggy finished, he turned off the lights and entered their room. He found Irene already sleeping. Maybe too tired so she went to bed early.

He opened his phone first because he hadn't checked it since earlier. A fresh news article came up to him. It was a statement from Irene regarding the accusations and some of their photos including the scene where he intentionally turned his face to meet Irene's lips.

Napangiti siya at sinulyapan si Irene na mahimbing na ang tulog. Pinatunayan ni Irene na kaya nga niyang linisin ang pangalan niya nang walang tulong galing sa kung sino.

____

The following day, due to Irene's cold treatment of him, he decided to go to her office and buy flowers for his wife. When he arrived at the Marcos Empire, the employees greeted him and he greeted back as a sign of respect.

He asked his wife's secretary if she was busy. "Hindi naman po masyado, Sir. Sabihin ko po ba na nandito kayo?" the secretary asked. Tumanggi si Greggy at naglakad patungo sa office ng asawa.

Greggy carefully opened the door and saw Irene busy reading a book. Irene immediately raised her head and saw her husband holding a flower and a paper bag.

Her forehead creased, "What are you doing here?" she asked while staring at him sternly. "Hi... I bought some food for you and... a flower." Greggy went to her and gave her the flower. He simply kissed Irene's head but she didn't seem to care and remained seated.

"What are you doing here? Para saan ang mga ito?" Irene asked then looked at Greggy who was still smiling.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day... I'm sorry if I didn't listen to you first before saying those words..." he sincerely uttered.

"Will you promise me to listen muna bago magsalita? You will hear the other side first before you utter a word?" Greggy gently nodded and gave her a sweet smile. "I'm really sorry..."

Irene sighed before nodding. "Apology accepted," with that, he hugged Irene sideways and kissed his head. "Greggy! Ano ba? Tama na... Umupo ka muna do'n."

She pointed to another swivel chair facing another building where they could see the building owned by the Marcos Empire. She excused herself and asked her secretary to make coffee for his husband.

Akmang pupunta na sana si Greggy sa pwesto na tinuro ni Irene nang biglang bumukas ang phone ni Irene at nakita niya ang text message mula kay Adam.

From: Adam Smith

Hello, gorgeous! How are you? I miss you!

Greggy's face suddenly became serious when he read the text message. The door opened and she saw Irene holding a cup of coffee. "Oh, why are you becoming so serious?"

"You have a text message from someone... Paano niya nalaman ang number mo?" seryosong tanong ni Greggy at umupo sa upuan sa gilid ng mesa ni Irene.

Irene looked at him confused and she herself looked at her phone then immediately got what her husband meant. "Work-related, Greggy! Umiiral na naman ang pagka-seloso mo," ibinaba niya ang tasa sa mesa.

"Work-related ba 'yan? He said he misses you. Anong work do'n?"

Irene sighed and rolled her eyes at her husband. Her phone suddenly rang causing Greggy to immediately turn to her. "Si Ate Imee! Sobrang seryoso mo naman!" she hissed before answering the call.

She put it on loudspeaker so that Greggy could hear it because he was still staring at her. "Irene? It'll be quick, listen up... Nandito kami sa kabilang building na kung saan ay kitang kita ang office mo. I'm with Mommy and Daddy. They're watching you at alam niyo na ang gagawin. I have to go, bye!"

Greggy shifted his gaze when the phone conversation ended, causing Irene to smirk. "Greggy! Bakit ka ba kasi nagseselos? It was just a text message! Hindi ko naman sinasagot ang mga messages ni Adam na ganiyan!" she blurted.

Irene walked towards him and stood in front of him. "I know you heard what Ate Imee said," she uttered. Hindi pa rin siya pinapansin ni Greggy. He crossed his arms and looked outside the glass window.

"Sinusuyo ka na nga oh! 'wag ka na sumimangot, mas papangit ka!" Irene took his hand and caressed it. "Sorry na nga... I swear! Hindi ko naman pinapansin 'yung mga messages ni Adam eh!"

Bumuntong hininga si Greggy at hindi nakatingin sa asawa. "Hindi ka nanunuyo. Ganito ka lang kasi may nagmamasid." he pursed his lips and pulled back his hand.

Irene's eyes narrowed and thought of an idea to soften Greggy's heart. She gently bent down and held Greggy's chin to kiss his lips. He glanced at Irene, then lightly folded and cracked a grin widely.

Inayos niya ang upo niya bago hilain si Irene upang maupo sa kaniyang hita. "Halik lang pala katapat ni Mr. Seloso..." pang-aasar pa ni Irene.

Greggy put his hands around his wife's waist before inhaling Irene's neck as she leaned on him. "Pakipot ka pa. Gustong gusto mo naman na may nagmamasid sa atin!" she jested.

"Of course... Pa-simple na hawak at halik sa misis ko..." he smirked and kissed her cheek.

"Greggy, masyado kang abusado ah!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
15.5K 230 6
Matrimonial Masquerade: The Fake Marriage Caught in an unforeseen twist of fate, two opposites collide in an unexpected, fabricated bond-a fake marr...
2.9K 101 50
Seventeen-year-old Gemma Parker is tired of always being the friend. The one he calls after he gets home from his dates at night, the one he confides...
7.7K 128 11
အသက် ၁၀နှစ်ကွာတဲ့ ဦးနဲ့ ကလေး ဇာတ်လမ်းလေးပါ❤️