Grand-Slam

Per abigail_grayson

I wiped my eyes before gazing at him again. "How are you so sure of us? I thought you avoided this-- avoided... Més

∞Chapter 1∞
∞Chapter 3∞
∞Chapter 4∞
∞Chapter 5∞
∞Chapter 6∞
∞Chapter 7∞
∞Chapter 8∞
∞Chapter 9∞
∞Chapter 10∞
∞Chapter 11∞
∞Chapter 12∞
∞Chapter 13∞
∞Chapter 14∞
∞Chapter 15∞
∞Chapter 16∞
∞Chapter 17∞
∞Chapter 18∞
∞Chapter 19∞
∞Chapter 20∞
∞Chapter 21∞
∞Chapter 22∞
∞Chapter 23∞
∞Chapter 24∞
∞Chapter 25∞
∞Chapter 26∞
∞Chapter 27∞
∞Chapter 28∞
∞Chapter 29∞
∞Chapter 30∞
∞Chapter 31∞
∞Chapter 32∞
∞Chapter 33∞
∞Chapter 34∞
∞Chapter 35∞
∞Chapter 36∞
∞Chapter 37∞
∞Chapter 38∞
∞Chapter 39∞
∞Chapter 40
Chatper 41
New Author Twitter!

∞Chapter 2∞

854 23 2
Per abigail_grayson

Song: Playing With the Boys- Kenny Loggins 

"Once in a lifetime, you meet someone who changes everything." -Anonymous

School on Tuesday was buzzing. Nate Jackson was coming to town today, and I could guarantee all the girls in the state of Alabama would be standing by the town's entrance, fighting like lunatics to catch the first glimpse of the man himself. The girls came to me for questions, asking how long he was staying, was he doing meet and greets, could they marry him (to which I responded, knock yourselves out), the usual when a celebrity comes to town, but I knew nothing, mostly because I couldn't care less, and mom never dished out the details about her musicians. Not that I minded. A day without hearing about that guy was a day in heaven.

When I arrived home on Tuesday, I wanted to rip my hair out. It was becoming more and more evident that he was coming, especially when I walked in to see mom ordering people around, telling them to "put this there", or "don't move that", frantically trying to get the house ready for his arrival. I didn't see the point in trying to achieve perfection for him. It wasn't like we were letting Jesus stay at our house, it was Nate Jackson. I wouldn't care if we let him live in a box for the time being.

What a lie, Brooke! You wouldn't let anybody-- not even Nate Jackson-- live in a box when your house was fully capable of having another guest.

Pft. My subconscious had a habit of being the good. I didn't like the good right now-- not when it was on the devil's side.

I slowly walked over to mom who was standing in the kitchen, her hands on her hips. "Mom, what's going on?"

"Nate is coming to town today." She picked up her ringing phone and ran off to her office. I walked upstairs and started on my homework, seeing as the rest of my day was bound to be busy and hectic. Once I was finished, I slid on a pair of black shorts and my softball shirt from the tournament we won last year, slipped on my Nike socks, and headed downstairs. I grabbed my bag and met dad in his truck. He turned his key in the ignition, and we drove to the field. All the girls were sitting in the dugout, and I walked in, hanging my bag up.

"Alright, girls! Make a circle so we can stretch!" We move to the middle of the field and stretch. Low conversations fill the air, and I take in the afternoon, closing my eyes and letting the warm summer breeze blow through my hair. With everything going on, and everything that's bound to come, it was nice to just sit and breathe in the warm, Alabama air. Once we were done stretching, we run two laps around the field, and then I grab my playbook from the dugout, calling for the girls. "Marilyn, you're pitcher, and Jamie is her catcher. Go out and warm up."

They nodded, grabbing their clothes and gear. The rest of the girls grabbed their gloves and mouth guards before they huddled around me. "Jessica, go to shortstop. Bella, second base, and Renee, first. Sally will be at third, and the rest will be in the outfield."

The rest of the girls run to their positions, and I jog to home base with my bat. I dug my cleats into the dirt, studying the field. Lifting my bat, I tap it on the base twice before swinging it up into position.

"Sammy, it's coming to you! Throw it to second!" I hit the ball out to Sammy in left field, and she successfully caught it, throwing it into second. Bella caught it with ease and threw it into the pitcher. "Marilyn, give me a curve. Get ready third and right field!"

Marilyn pitched a perfect curve, and it headed straight to right field. Sarah threw it to Sally, and she threw it to me. I caught the ball easily and twisted it in my hand, smirking. "Jessica, throw it to first. I'll run there."

I hit the ball to Jessica before I dropped the bat and ran towards first. She threw the ball, but she had too much force behind her arm, and it flew over Renee's head. I ran through first, letting out a deep breath.

"Okay, girls! Take a quick break and then hit the field!"

All the girls ran into the dug out, grabbing a drink. I stood on the pitcher's mound, rolling the ball in my glove, waiting for the team. Marilyn and Jamie walked out to me, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Marilyn, you're going to hit the ball to the girls, and Jamie, I still need you as catcher, but I'll be pitching. Got it?"

Jamie, smiled, hitting her glove against mine. "Got ya, girl."

Jamie jogged to behind home base, and we started practicing pitches. While we practiced, the rest of the girls ran out to the field, except for outfield who grabbed their bats. The first girl up was Farrah. She got into position, and I threw her a knuckle ball. She hit it to center field. Jessica ran out to catch it, and threw it to me. Marilyn was up next, and I prepared to pitch the ball, but I never got the chance. When I saw why, I groaned loudly, holding my head in my hands.

"Oh my God, it's Nate Jackson!" Every single girl on the team screamed, and I swore my ears had never rung so badly. They dashed off the field towards the parking lot, and I lifted my face mask to see none other than the man himself-- Nate Jackson.

At my field.

He walked out of his tour bus, a hop in his step, and just from looking at him, you could tell he knew he was the international heartthrob. I walked to the dugout and angrily threw my stuff in my bag before I hoisted it over my shoulder and walked out of the dug out. When I walked into the parking lot, I noticed all the girls were huddled around him, and all you could see was the top of his head, even though he was extremely tall-- that's how closely they were huddled around him. He started signing their gloves, balls-- anything capable of being signed, and I sighed, walking towards dad's truck. I was almost to the truck when Nate's head lifted, and he caught sight of me. I tightened my grip on the strap of my bag, and he smirked, winking at me. Whipping around, I rolled my eyes.

Truth be told, that was kind of hot...

I thought, but immediately shook the thought. God no. Nate Jackson would never be hot, and nothing he did would never be hot. He was the epitome of disgust. I felt like throwing up every time someone mentioned him.

That's why your face is burning up, right?

I groaned, hitting the side of my head. My subconscious had become my enemy. I wanted nothing more than to hop on a plane and fly away until he was gone again.

"Hey, kiddo! How was practice?" Dad greeted as I hopped into the truck, and I took a swig of water before sliding off my cleats.

"Good, until someone showed up and ruined it."

Dad sighed heavily. "Well, I hate to tell ya this, but he's coming to the house."

I gasped. First he took over my field, and then my house? I needed to have a serious talk with mom. There had to be some boundaries. Dad chuckled, patting my leg.

"Relax, Brooke. He has to go to a meeting downtown first, so he won't be at the house until later."

"Still. He's coming to the house. It isn't acceptable."

Dad started to laugh. He knew how much I hated Nate, and he was the only one who understood my hatred for the guy. I think it was partly because he had assurance that I would never date Nate, which meant he wouldn't have to bring out his shotgun just yet, but also because he knew it took a lot for me to hate someone.

We pulled into the driveway, and mom was standing on the porch, looking the slightest bit nervous. Of course, she would be. Musicians under her label rarely ever stayed close to her, and none of them had actually stayed in our house. I didn't understand why Nate had to be the first, but I think mom was a little relieved he was young. She could handle him like she handled me. Out of all of mom's clients, she had never complained about Nate. I guess I could give him that. He wasn't rude to his label or manager like some musicians were, and that was respectable. I walked up to mom, shooting her a smile, and she smiled back.

"Brooke, go changed into something nice. I'll call you down when he arrives."

"Like I want to meet him." I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes, but somehow, my mother's super hearing heard it, and her eyes narrowed.

Bring on the lecture.

"Now, we are going to be nice and welcome Nate. I expect manners, young lady."

Once I was out of her sight, I rolled my eyes again before I ran up to my room and hopped in a cold shower. Summer in Alabama was nearly unbearable, and practicing in it made the heat worse. The cool water felt amazing on my aching muscles, and for a couple of minutes I stood under the shower head, enjoying the chill. Once I was finished, I wrapped a towel around myself and put on undergarments before I slipped on a black tank top paired with a purple short sleeved flannel, and black shorts. I dried my hair and parted it on the side, and then I applied mascara and blush. Walking back to my closet, I slid on a pair of flip-flops and walked downstairs to meet mom at the door. She grinned widely.

"He'll be here any minute, honey. Remember, be nice."

I rolled my eyes just as a limo pulled into the driveway. The driver jumped out of the front and opened the door in the back. The first thing I saw was his Nike's as he stood behind the door for a minute, and then I glanced up from the shoes to see his head. He wasn't facing us, so I couldn't see his face, but he had messy brown hair and was extremely tall. Mom walked over to him and smiled, shaking his hand. They exchanged a few words, and then she gestured towards dad and I. They walked up to us, and I finally saw him. Nate was dressed in a pair of denim jeans, paired with a baby blue v-neck, and sunglasses covered his eyes. He had a slight five o'clock shadow, and his muscles stretched his shirt.

"This is my husband, Dan, and my daughter Brooke." Mom glanced between Nate and I. He flashed me a smile, and boy, his teeth were white, but it didn't matter. I hated him, and that wouldn't change even if he had a perfect smile. As far as I was concerned, he was the only one who thought it was grand. Nate shook my dad's hand, and then he turned towards me, flashing his dimples.

"Hey, I'm Nate Jackson." 

************************************
Hey guys!

For the next couple days (until after chapter five), this will be updated every day because I'm entering it in the Watty's. 

The original version is still available on Amazon as an ebook and a paperback! 

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

-Abby

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

78.7K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
Being Bad Per kathleen fade

Novel·la juvenil

10K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
Rivals? Per Kaylee

Literatura romàntica

441 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
3.3K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...