LOVERS...

By Coffinfriends

What if Luz wasn't the first human in the boiling isles? Hi, as many of you know my friend made this and sadl... More

Another One
The Intruder
Covention Memories
Moving Hooty!
Lost in Language
The Magic In Nature
Enchanting Grom Fright
Wing it Like Witches!
Agony Of A Witch
Young Blood, Old Souls
Separate Tides
Keeping up A-fear-ances!
Hunting Palismen
Eda's Requiem
Knocking on hooty's door
Eclipse Lake
Yesterday's Lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Elsewhere and Elsewhen
Any Sport in a Storm
Reaching Out
Hollow Mind
Labyrinth Runners
O Titan, Where Art Thou
Clouds on the Horizon
King's Tide
Thanks To Them

Competition!

46 2 0
By Coffinfriends

At Eda's Human Collectibles stand in the market. King holds up a tray of mostly inedible human things.

"Partake of my free snack samples! Take them; I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!"Several people pass but none even look at him. He throws the tray on the ground.

"Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such."
"Yeah... hey!" Eda frabs a passerby by the cowl, sniffs. "It reeks more of nerd than money today."
"Guys!"

Eda lets go of the passerby as Luz walks up to them.

"You will not believe what's going on!" She poses under a banner. "It's a book fair! Where books come to life!"
A book jumps off one of the stands next to her.
"Hello." Luz screams and kicks it.
"A fair without rides?"

"Who needs rides when this" He shoves a book in King's face. "can take you anywhere?"
"Nyeh."
King throws a strip of bacon on the boy's head. A winged demon flies by and picks him up. The boy screams.

"A, ew." Eda throws book on the ground. "B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse." Eda walks off.
"No, wait! Will you give it a chance? I'll let you ride in my hoodie!" Luz puts her hood up.
"Ooohoohoohoo!"

Luz walks through the book fair with King in her hood.
"This book fair's got everything! A zine-making workshop, meet and greets, and—what's that? A writing competition!? I've always wanted to be a writer."
"Writer? What? I thought you wanted to be a witch?"
"Of course I wanna be a witch. But where I'm from that's kinda... impossible. So my runner up dream was to be a writer." She pulls a picture out of her pocket. "I've had this about the author picture since I was seven years old. I know my good angle. I'm gonna enter the competition."

Bo laughs as she runs by.
"Ugh! What are these basement dwellers doing out in natural sunlight?"
"Um! We're in line for Jon De Plume, most famous writer on the Boiling Isles, famed author of the Realm Warriors series! I'm gonna have him read my story... and marry me."

Jon De Plume signs a book then other demons or children.
"Such power. Such command he holds over his minions. I must have the same! Luz the human! I too shall enter the competition."
"Really? We could work together! It'll be perfect! We're best friends, so we'll make the best team!"
"Team! Yes!"

Luz begins walking away.
"My name goes first on the cover.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Indistinguishable chatter is heard everywhere around Eda.

Eda grabs books and tosses it. "Boring." She knocks books onto a child's head. "boring." She grabs another book. "Boring." Eda gasps as she looks in a mirror. "Another wrinkle! The curse is quickening!"
"You, lackey."

Eda ducks behind a banner that says "READ OR... DIE". She lifts the banner and glares at Lilith.
"Lilith..."
"Do you have the item we discussed?"
"Oh! Yes, right here." The merchant hands her a map.
"This is excellent. A map to the Bloom of Eternal Youth. I think the emperor will be very pleased."

"Ma'am, shouldn't we be searching for the Owl Lady to join the coven? Remember that whole plan."
"My sister's curse has left her frail. She'll still be here when we get back."
Eda groans as he comment.
"This comes first, it's for the emperor after all."
"Yeah!" The lackey knocks over the merchant's books. "All hail the emperor!"

"Very good, Steve!" She pats his shoulder and walks away.
"Shoulder pats for Steve!"
Eda jumps a table. "Hey bub, what'd you sell my prissy sister?"
"Oh! It's a map to the Bloom of Eternal Youth. A rare flower that only grows once a millennia. Like the name says, it gives eternal youth to whomever holds it."

"Interesting. So Lilith wants to nab this power for the emperor, huh. Well, won't she be surprised when I get there first and get it for myself! Hah! That'll show her who's frail."

The merchant grins maliciously. "Well, we'll see won't we." He opens a drawer to reveal dozens of maps. "Can't go without a map of course."

He hands Eda one. She takes it and opens it, grinning but the map is pushed down by Y/n who raised a brow at Eda.

"You really plan on beating Lilith to the Bloom of Eternal Youth?"
"Yeah....you in?"
"Fine, since I don't you getting caught."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In Luz's room, she puts down a large corkboard.
"Now, let's write down some ideas that we want to see in the story."
"I can write anything?"
"Yeah!" Luz hands him notecards and a crayon.

"We're brainstorming, every idea is a good idea."
"Mhm! Done!" King pins up paper that says "VIOLENCE".
"Aw, is that all you want to see?" King holds up paper that says "BLOOD :)".
"Hmm."

After a while the corkboard mostly full of notecards. Luz pins up three more, reading what's on them as she goes.

"Romance! Magic! Heartbreak with shimmer tears. And, the main character is, of course, ahhh, Luzura!" She holds up a card with a drawing of herself wearing a pointed hat. "I know it's kind of cliché, but what's wrong with cliché?"

She pins her character card to the board. King pins his, a stick figure drawing of himself, next to it.
"Nyeh! And my main character is the King... err... the Ruler of Demons! With this totally original, all-star cast, victory will be ours!"

Luz puts a typewriter onto a desk and sits behind it.
"Now for the easy part."

Cue montage. King stares at the corkboard, now with "ACT 1", "ACT 2", and "ACT 3" on larger notecards in the middle. Luz puts a giant piece of paper over the acts of a drawing of Luzura and Ruler standing in front of an explosion. King and Luz high-five.

Luz then writes the following on a chalkboard: "Step 1: Find Cat. Step 2: Endanger Cat. Step 3: Shave Cat (???). Step 4: Book Complete." King nods then the chalkboard now hanging up and reading "STORY STRUCTURE" with a storyclock diagram underneath it. King gestures to it several times. Luz draws a face over the diagram. They both grin. Later the floor is littered with paper, most of them scribbled over with red. Luz is typing and King is pacing while reading. A banner above them reads "Luzura's Awakening".

"Luzura's tears fell on the frozen prince, bringing him back to life." Ehhh, it just seems kind of unrealistic."
"I see what you're saying." She stops typing. "But in your version, Ruler just destroys everything. I think a little romantic tension could help the scene."
"Hey, there's more to life than shipping."
"Don't you dare insult shipping in my presence!"

"Apprentice! Living room!"
"I'll be back, we'll figure this out, okay writing buddy?"
King looks at the typewriter. "My turn to write!" Phoenix shakes their head as King starts typing away.

In living room, Eda is looking at the map.
"Hey! What's up, boss lady?"
"We're popping out for a few days to an undisclosed place to do undisclosed things. You're in charge."
"Great!"
"No questions!"
"Okay!"
"I said no questions!" Eda closes the door making Y/n roll her eyes playfully.

"Phoenix will be with you and don't forget to clean up after yourself." Luz nodded as Y/n patted her hair before leaving after Eda.

"Well, King, it's just you and me for a while." In the minute she's been gone, King has transformed the room. Drawings of King and screaming people are on the corkboard. Luzura is now in the trash as King types away peacefully.

"Hey hey Luz, great news!"
"What have you done?!"
Even the banner has been changed, now reading "RULER'S REACH".
"I just made a few tiny edits and this baby is humming!"

Luz picks up drawing. "Luzura dies?"
"I know, right! What a twist!"
"King, I know you're trying to help, but I think you're crossing a line."
"Yeah, into greatness. Don't you want us to win?"
"If this is how you want to win, maybe you should submit the story on your own."
"What?" Luz closes the door.

"Bah! What does she know?"
"What the heck, man? Learn to collaborate."
"Hush, you! I'll prove to both of you my story is superior."

Phoenix chirped in disappointment before flying out the window.

"Fine, I'll prove you three wrong!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

At Grimgrub's Pub, King bursts in.

"Hey, you scum! Which one of you wants to read my literary masterpiece? Anyone brave enough?" The patrons growl. King is thrown out of the pub and lands in mud.
"Oof!"

His book is thrown out and hits him in the head.
"Nyah! Ugh."
"I'll read your story." The creature takes King's book, reading it fast. "You wrote this?"
"Yup, that's me! Only me."
"Let me get you a fruit punch."
"Ooh. I love punching."

Inside Grimgrub's Pub the creature snaps his fingers. A glass of fruit punch is slid on the counter toward King.
"I'm Piniet, of Piniet Publishing House. And your name is... King?"
"It's more of a rank than a name."
"I loved your story, so much better than the submissions we got for the competition. I want to buy it and publish it for everyone to read. I'll make you as famous as Jon De Plume."

Camera pans to Jon De Plume getting cheered on by fans as he does finger guns. He falls backwards, and Amelia and Skara rush to act as a chair for him.

"I've always wanted a people chair! I'm in! This will be my first step in my reclamation of power!"
Piniet pulls a contract out of his jacket. "Then all you have to do is sign here."

Piniet puts the contract on the counter. King dunks his paw in the punch and smacks it on the signature line. The contract glows when Piniet picks it up. He rolls it and puts it back in his jacket.
"You're ominous. And I like it."
"Get ready to be famous, Mr. King."

They shake hands. Piniet smiling at King though it wasn't a friendly smile.

Later in a forge, creatures are jumping on a bellow. A witch pulls a molten ball out of the fireplace. They strike it with a hammer, then cool it in a barrel. The cooled chunk smashes on a table, revealing King's book. Then a cartful of books arriving at a bookstore. Mattholomule takes a bundle of them out and tosses it on the welcome mat, which carries it inside.

Later in a market they sell Kings books. Even in a library, where a cardboard cutout of King is leaning against a stand of Ruler's Reaches. A crowd comes and goes, leaving no book behind. Skara returns to kiss and steal the cardboard cutout.

King weard a jacket, scarf, and sunglasses as he walks the streets of Bonesborough, past bookstores and loaded shelves.
"Oh my God! it's the King, I can't believe it!"
The crowd tosses King into the air. More people arrive, waving their copies of Ruler's Reach and pens.
"Mr. King! I love your writing. Please read my story!"
"Oh my, always good to meet minions. I mean fans." He signs Tinella Nosa's story and throws it back at her.
"You're my inspiration."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In a forest Eda and Y/n walk into a clearing, consulting the map. Eda rips vines off of a statue.

"Okay, from the Minitaur, we head due north, and with luck, I'll get to the Bloom of Eternal Youth before Lilith! Who's frail now, emperor dorks?"

A branch cracks causing Eda to place an arm in front of Y/n.
"Someone's following us."

With a snap, she summons a blue sword. She ducks behind the statue. Lilith walks into the clearing, looking worse for wear. Eda summons a fireball and runs out from behind the statue.

"Spicy toss!"
"Aah!"
"Lilly?"
"Edalyn?"
Eda vanishes both of her weapons before getting Y/n from behind the statue.

"And of course you two would be here just to be a nuisance. Why don't you go home and rest? Wouldn't want you breaking a hip."
"Sorry, sister, I'm stronger than you think. I'm here to save the Bloom of Eternal Youth from the likes of you." Eda runs with Y/n while singing playfully "And I'm gonna get there before you!"
"Aah! No you won't!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In Luz's room, she's writing on the typewriter with Phoenix organizing some finished pages.
"Hey, Luz!"
Luz looks up and glares at King.

"Guess who won the writing competition and became a blockbuster writer superstar?" He slides into the room while Luz resumes typing.
"You're right, it's me! Me! Do you wanna touch my scarf? A fan crocheted it out of their own hair! It smells so bad!"
Luz continues typing seeming to not want to hear King.

"My publisher is throwing a huge party for my book, Ruler's Reach." He puts an invitation on the table. "And I, uh, I'd like for you to be there"
Luz sweeps the invitation off the table. It hits the floor and she continues typing.
"Alright, fine! Be that way I guess."King leaves and Luz stops typing, looks up then sighs.

"Girl, you don't need him."
"But I don't want to be mad at him, either." She picks up the invitation and opens it. Inside is a golden paper that says "MEET THE AUTHOR TONIGHT ONLY @ BONESBOROUGH LIBRARY". A picture of King in a blue sweater is in the middle.

Later in a library there's an extensive line outside of it. Inside, King and Piniet are sitting at a table.
"Your fans are dying to know when Ruler's Reach 2 comes out!"
"That's between me and my publisher, right, Piniet?"
"Yes. Ooh, pardon me, I need a few moments of King's time."

Piniet walks off. King looks back at his fans and throws a peace sign, making them scream. King and Piniet are in an aisle in front of the romance section.
"Where's Jon De Plume at? I wanted to compare sunglasses."
"Oh he's taking a break to finish his latest masterpiece. Fame can really box you in, you know? Uh, speaking of, how's your second book coming along?"

"Coming along? Or finished!" King pulls out a manuscript. "Bam! Haha! Ruler's Reach 2—now with more swears!"
"Ahhh! Splendid!" Piniet quickly reads the story. "Oh, you cad! Not only are you a great writer, but a practical joker as well!"
"That's true—wait, what?"
"Oh, this is truly awful! Looking forward to the real draft." Piniet hands the manuscript back and walks away.
"Truly awful? But I'm a best-selling writer. How?"

Luz enters the library with Phoenix on her shoulder, looking generally disinterested.
"Luz! I can't write without her!" King runs up to Luz.

"Luz, buddy! I'm so glad you could make it!"
"Hey, King, I didn't wanna be angry at your success. You're my friend. So, congratulations!"
"Great to hear, 'cause I really need your help with my next book!"
"Huh?"
"Apparently I can't write my daring works of genius without rebelling against your gushy fantasy slop!"

Luz blushes, angered at King's remark. "Excuse me?"
"We make a great team! So, here's a pen. Writey writey, clock's a-tickin'!" Luz takes the pen and drops it, making the gathered crowd gasp.
"I'm not writing for you after you made fun of all my ideas!"
"Hey! What the heck?"
Luz turns to go. "Congratulations on all your hard earned success." Luz leaves with Phoenix dropping King's invitation.

"What am I gonna do? I can't write without her!" Piniet listens from behind a bookcase. "Hmm..."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the forest Eda, Y/n and Lilith run, panting. A shadow following them.

"Ha! Doesn't this remind you of how we used to race to the kitchen, Lilly? Lilly?"
"Mmm! Mmm!"

Y/n points up to Lilith wrapped up, being held by a crab-like monster. The monster growls as Lilith tries to free herself.
"Lilly!"

Eda summons a large fireball towards the crab monster making it fly into the distance. Lilith falls into a bush with a muffled yell. Eda helps her up.
"Alley-Oop!"
"Ugh, thank you Edalyn! I wasn't certain that you'd save me."
"Stow it! Ugh, we might fight, but you're still my sister. And besides, if someone's gonna be putting you down, it's gonna be me. Ha!" Eda slaps Lilith's back.

Lilith chuckles then looks to the side. "Is that?"
Eda presses her face to Lilith's. Through the trees, a glowing pink flower looms.
"The Bloom of Eternal Youth!" Eda pushes Lilith. "Alright back off, that baby's mine."
"Ugh, why are you always like this?"
"Because Lilith, you think I'm just some tired old biddy. Ah, but I'm more than that." Eda magically cuts the flower. "And with the Bloom of Eternal Youth's power, I'll show you!"

The flower disappears from her hand.
"What the—"

The merchant laughs maniacally. His shadow falls over Eda as he stands atop the stone behind the flower. Lilith and Y/n walk up next to Eda.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the library, Luz goes toward the exit. She sees one of the many posters of King around the building.
"They got his good angle."

A shadow falls over her. Two large reptilian-like guards are in front of her.
"Uh, can I help you?" The guards step aside to reveal Piniet.
"Perhaps. I hear you're an aspiring writer."

Luz nervously laughs while Phoenix chirps in alert.

In the theater covention center. The stands are packed. Hanging in the center of the theater is a towering banner for Ruler's Reach 2.
"King! King! King!"
"I can't wait for the sequel!"
"If it's disappointing in any way, I will spend every day of my life trashing it!"

King looking at the audience nervously from behind a curtain.
"Oh boy. Oh, man, Aw jeez. Hemming. Hawing. Piniet, I gotta come clean. We can't announce book two. I can't write without... without..."
"Without your writing partner?"

Piniet smirks evilly. He and King enter a dressing room. Luz is inside, in a translucent purple box.
"King!"
"Luz!" King runs up to her.
"That snappily dressed lizard trapped me in this shrinking box." Piniet tightens his fist. The box shrinks and hits Luz in the head.

"You gotta get me out!
"What are you doing with her? Let her go!"
"You wrote Ruler's Reach together. So if you don't want her crushed, you'll write together again." Luz and King both give him kicked-puppy looks.
"Oh, don't give me that look. Some of the best books were written in literal crunch time."
The box shrinks again making Phoenix shake in the cage.

"That's a toxic mentality that contributes to burnout and unrealistic expectations! King, do something!"
"Set her free, now!"
"Not until I get my best-seller. You'll recall you are under contract." Piniet pulls the contract out of his jacket. The paper glows as King floats.

"Ah! Nyeh!" A hole opens in the box as Luz backs away from the hole, along being flung through the hole.
"Oof!"

Piniet drops paper and a pen into the box. "Make your deadline, or you'll never be able to hold a pen again. Just like..." Piniet holds up Jon De Plume, now shrunk into a cube.
"Help me!"
"No!"

Piniet opens a briefcase, in which are dozens of other cubed authors. They scream for help. Piniet puts Jon De Plume into an empty slot and closes the briefcase.
"I'll leave you to it. Looking forward to your next volume!" Piniet closes the door after his henchman while the box shrinks again.
"We're not getting out of here until we write a book, and that'll take forever! We're cube meat!"
"Well, I have my story."

"But it's all hugging and crying! I can't put my name on that."
"King, that is why we are in here! Because you can't compromise!" Luz turns around in the shrinking box. "All I wanted was to write a dumb story with my friend."
"Luz, you're living your dream. You're becoming a witch. But this celebrity is as close as I'll ever get to my dream. It all went to my head, and I hurt you. I'm sorry."

"Hey" Luz puts a hand on King's shoulder. "Being with you is one of my favorite parts of this dream."
The box shrinks again.
"I have a plan. But we need to work together this time."
"Just tell me what to do."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

"I know you must be confused. The Bloom of Eternal Youth, dead? What if I told you the Bloom never existed at all! And now that I have led you to my nest, I'll suck all the life out of you to satisfy my unending hunger!"

"He scammed us. Can you believe he scammed us?"
"I thought there was a 50/50 chance going in. Hard not to admire the tenacity though."
"Good entrance, but that outfit? Ha!"
"Look at his little shoes!"
"Titan you're right Eda."

The merchant covers his shoes. "Well, maybe you've never been led into a lethal trap before, but the response should be, "Aa! No! Spare us!"
The three adults share a look.
"Ah, sure." Eda steps onto the dais. "Spare us."
Lilith summons her staff. "Woe to us whose fates are sealed."
Y/n cracks her knuckles as she follows along.
"Tha-That's right, witches! Cower! Cower?"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the covention hall, Piniet is stacking the cubed authors into a tower. The tower falls.
"Aw, dang."
"Hey Piniet! We're done!"

The door to the dressing room opens. The box is now so small King has to be under Luz's legs, which are bent in order to fit.
"Faster than I expected!"
"That's the miracle of teamwork!"
A hole opens in the top of the box. Luz holds up her manuscript: Luzura and the Shimmering Tears of Love + Hate. "+ Hate" is added in red while the rest is blue. Piniet takes it and flips through part of it. The box shrinks slightly.

"This is much more gushy than your last book."
"Skip to the finale, because it is quite a payoff."

Piniet rolls his eyes but he keeps reading. Luz and King prepare to move as Piniet gets to the last page.
"What is this all about?"
He flips it around to reveal a light glyph drawn on the last page.
"Light spell!" Luz reaches through the hole in the box and activates the glyph. The manuscript catches fire and turns into a blinding ball of light that rapidly disappears.
"Ugh, I just realized I should've said enlightening. "Skip to the finale, you'll find it enlightening."
"King! The contract!"

King's contract is hanging out of Piniet's pocket.
"Pretentious scarf, go!" King uses the scarf as a lasso and pulls Piniet toward them. Luz grabs the contract and rips it in half with her teeth. The box explodes.
"I made you a star, and this is how you repay me?"
"No, this is!

King opens Piniet's briefcase. The cubed authors" jump out and attack Piniet, screaming. Luz runs past, carrying King. They run into the two reptilian guards at the door. Piniet frees himself of the authors.
"You are making this harder than it needs to be! And believe me, I am being very patient!" Piniet steps on a cubed author. "But let's..."

Piniet pulls a pen from his jacket. He pops the cap off and presses a button. The nib of the pen extends into a large two headed battle axe, which he raises above his head.
"...cut to the finish."

The doors are burst open, sending the guards flying.
"Huh?"
"King! I am your biggest fan!" She runs over a guard, stands between King and Piniet. "And I fought my way back here for you... to read my story?
"I'm sorry, my lawyer advised me not to look at unsolicited work."
"But... but... eep!"

Piniet takes her story. "Ugh! If I read this, will you go? So I can annihilate them in peace?"
"Of course!"

Piniet tosses his battle axe, adjusts his glasses, and slowly reads. Luz and King look at each other, then one of the guards. The guard shrugs. Piniet finishes the story, and is holding back tears.

"Oh, it's beautiful! You—You must let me publish this! I can make you a star!"
"Really?"
"Wait a minute. What about King?"
"Ugh! You're old news. She, on the other hand, is the future!" He grabs Kings jacket and sunglasses giving them over to Tinella Nosa.

"Whoo-hoo!"
"Freedom!"
"Hey!"
"King! We're good then?"
Piniet waves them away. "Yes, quite." Luz picks King up and backs out of the dressing room while Phoenix burst out the cage and glared at Piniet.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the forest, the merchant lays on the ground all beat up.
"Well, we wrecked this chump. But I guess the Bloom of Eternal Youth isn't real."
"Well, if it makes any difference, I don't consider you to be a tired old bitty."
"Really?"
"If you were, you'd be much easier to catch."
"Oh great, you're gonna cart me away to the coven now, are you?"

Not now. Because I want to give you a chance to join on your own! Join me in the Emperor's Coven, Edalyn." Lilith holds out her hand. "He could even heal your curse."
Eda's face turns shocked. She slowly extends her hand to Lilith's, but gently pushes it down.
"No, I'll heal it on my own terms. I don't wanna owe him anything. Catch you later, sis."
"Not if I catch you first."

Eda smiles as she summons her staff. "I'll see you around." Eda flies off and just before Y/n could follow Lilith stopped her.

"I have something from the Emperor." Y/n froze and faced Lilith with a small smile.
"Can... can I see it?"
"Sure and don't worry about being hunted down at home or anything like that."
"That sounds reassuring." Lilith hands Y/n a box, Y/n flies away leaving Lilith in the forest.

Lilith sighs and turns her gaze to the right, looking pensive.
"You're welcome for the chance to bond." Lilith shoots him with a spell. The merchant yells.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the Owl House as Eda and Y/n land outside. Luz and King are snoring on the couch until Eda opens the door.
"Hey, kids. Woof." Eda drops her staff, cracks her back. "That was a rough couple days."
"Yeah, I'll say."

Eda and Y/n sits on the couch between the two. "Ah. Well, nothing a bit of apple blood and a good book can't mend."
"Books?"
"Nope, I don't know nothing about that."
"We hate books. Wow, look at the time!"
"What's a book? Good night!"

Luz does a back-handspring out of the room while King just runs away. Eda watches them go, then notices Ruler's Reach on the coffee table.
"Huh? What the—"
"Girl, you do not want to know."

Eda shrugs it off and lays on the couch, slowly drifting to sleep.
"This reminds me of simpler times... before I left you out of nowhere... I'm sorry Eda." Y/n kissed Eda's cheek before leaving.

Y/n raised some vines before entering the cave to a large tree, her old home.

"Yup, times were much more simpler." Y/n grimaced while Phoenix flew down next to her.

"Thinking about the past again?"
"Yeah... I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself." Y/n chuckled bitterly before entering the giant tree with Phoenix following behind.

Everything was left exactly how Y/n remember except everything had a layer of dust.
"It's been a while..."
"It has..."

Y/n ran her hand across a round table, the dust on her fingers as she rubs the dust off with her thumb.
"Let's see what he told Lilith to give me."

Y/n opens the box, her brows furrowed in annoyance, inside the box was a mask and a white ribbon.

"Easy now, don't get mad over this."
"It's what he wants..." Y/n held the mask in her hand, she said her reflection on it.

"I... I will get them out of this mess... no matter what."

Y/n glared at her reflection as her eyes flashed white then her normal eye color.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 1K 28
The Boiling isles home to monsters, Wiches and most importantly demons. follow the adventures of luz the human and her boyfriend y/n as they explore...
17.8K 565 25
Y/n L/n, a 'normal' 15 year old girl, best friend and neighbors to Luz Noceda. When she and Luz find themselves in a different realm called The Boi...
589 18 6
This story plays before Season 2 of The Owl House and Luz and Amity are a bit older. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters nor the artwork! ...
41.2K 1K 29
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7meHsiwZ1i2oQ35vqm0UPg?si=-Y5bC8CNR5KLaqsc8oaFPQ&utm_source=copy-link (^Playlist of the songs used in this book) (...