MHA: A Cat's Way

By Nartleb2070

Little Catia hadn't decided on what she wanted out of life yet. She was only six years old afterall! But when... More

Prologue
Ch 1 Years Later
Ch 2 Friends
Ch 3 Friend Goals
Ch 4 Musings of a Cat
Ch 5 Water Hose vs Musculature
Ch 6 Letting it Out
Ch 7 Hanging Out
Ch 8 To Be a Hero
Ch 9 One Week Later
Ch 10 Bakugou
Ch 11 One Year Later
Ch 12 Sludge Villain Incident
Ch 13 Going forward
Ch 14 Worst of the Worst (1)
Ch 15 Worst of the Worst (2)
Ch 16 Worst of the Worst (3)
Ch 17 Worst of the Worst (Final)
Ch 18 Time Passes
Ch 19 UA Gates
Ch 20 Developing Situations
Ch 21 UA Practical Exam
Ch 22 Murder
Ch 23 A Quick Week
Ch 24 Moving In
Ch 25 Housewarming Gift
Ch 26 Welcome to the Dorms
Ch 27 Meeting the Class
Ch 28 Establishing Clans
Ch 29 Rooms and Introspection
Ch 30 Welcome to Class
Ch 31 Quirk Assessment Test
Ch 32 Confronted
Ch 33 All Might and Costumes
Ch 34 Mock Battles
Ch 35 The Battle Begins
Ch 36 Combo Cats
Ch 37 Review
Ch 38 Presidency
Ch 39 Welcome to the USJ
Ch 40 Hello LOV
Ch 41 Cult of Nya
Ch 42 Plus Ultra
Ch 43 Catia vs Nomu
Ch 44 Triple Threat Throwdown
Ch 45 Hidden in View
Ch 46 Talk, LOV
Ch 47 USJ Aftermath
Ch 48 Rabbit and Cat
Ch 50 Return to the Dorms
Ch 51 Killer Conversation
Ch 52 The First
Ch 53 Sports Festival and Motivation
Ch 54 Declawrations of War
Ch 55 Reunion
Ch 56 Kitties Make Everything Better
Ch 57 Suspicions
Ch 58 Why Am I Here?
Ch 59 They Know
Ch 60 Aftermath
Ch 61 Midnight Hunt
Ch 62 Celebrities Meet
Ch 63 Teehee?
Ch 64 Meeting Prepurrations
Ch 65 Chaotic Meeting
Ch 66 Trio Meeting Duo
Christmas Special: How They Met
Ch 67 The Big Three
Ch 68 Mewsings of a Spy
Ch 69 The Raid Begins
Ch 70 The Raid Continues
Ch 71 Hello, Overhaul
Ch 72 Surprise, It's-a Me!
Ch 73 Serious Toga
Ch 74 Negotiating Eri
Ch 75 Monday Mews
Ch 76 Back To Normal
Ch 77 Festival Fun!
Ch 78 The Obstacle Race
Ch 79 Quirk Exhaustion?
Ch 80 The Second Event
Ch 81 Survive
Ch 82 The Hunt
Ch 83 Tournament Preface
Ch 84 First Rounds

Ch 49 Lying with Truth

593 33 0
By Nartleb2070

"I'm still hungrrry."

Across from me, Detective Tsukauchi sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "You realize that Mirko taking you out to eat instead of straight to a police station is a gross breach of protocol, correct?"

I shrug, crossing my arms. "Nyat my problem. I was purromised food, and she delivered. Mew guys are the ones who interrupted."

He sighs again, opening the file in front of him. "Let's just get this over with." He clears his throat. "What is the name of the organization that you were taken by?"

"The Cult of Nya." I respond promptly.

He raises an eyebrow. "Was it not the League of Villains that attacked the USJ?"

I nod. "That is currect, nya."

"Did the Cult of Nya and the League of Villains work together to orchestrate this attack?" His tone is becoming more serious with each question. Luckily he hasn't started any of the more difficult questions yet. But I can't let my guard down.

"Nya-ope."

My response this time has him blinking in confusion. "The Cult of Nya and the League of Villains didn't orchestrate the attack?"

"Correct."

His eyes narrow. "Who orchestrated the attack?"

"The League of Villains. The Cult of Nya were tagalongs."

And he's back to being confused. "What do you mean by 'tagalongs'?"

I shrug. "Exactly that, nya? They heard about the attack, then met up and joined in with the thugs, nya."

"From Eraserhead's report, the one who seemed to be in charge of the Cult was familiar with the leader of the League. If they didn't orchestrate the attack together, how would that be explained?"

"Iroha introduced herself to him as the leader of the Cult of Nya. She claimed that it would be rude nyat to."

Which is true on both accounts: Both that it would be rude to show up to their operation without introducing her own, as well as that she claimed that was the reason she did it. She did say it to me, after all. Whether or not her words are true doesn't affect if mine are~.

Which ties into his next question nicely, even if he's frowning as he asks. "How did you come by this information?"

Shrugging is getting old, so this time I roll my eyes while gesturing to my ears. "I asked, nya course. The Cult of Nya revolves around cats. If I ask them questions, I'll get answers, nya."

He nods, and I can't help but note that he doesn't seem overly surprised by this. Did the Cult not kill Mineta? If they didn't I'd be surprised. They're really aggressive against people who 'have blasphemed against the Goddess', as they say.

"Do you know why they kidnapped you? There were no other instances of this occurring, even with students who have more powerful quirks."

My ear twitches at that bold claim. It's safe to say that in both power and versatility my quirk is nearly unrivaled. Especially since I need my cats to hold back during training so they don't kill anyone. That's not even counting my own combat potential! Some of my annoyance leaks into my voice, but there's nothing I can do after the fact except hope they dismiss it.

"They weren't trying to recruit me-ow anything. They just didn't want me getting hurt, nya."

The corners of his lips twitch and his eyes narrow just a fraction. I'd have missed the signs if I wasn't on guard. I messed up. But how? And how bad is it?

Ignorant of my new worries, he continues with his questions. "That's enough on the Cult, for now. Let's talk about what happened at the USJ after you were teleported."

And the questions continue. I tell him about getting teleported with Mineta and Kaminari, Kaminari overloading himself, and Mineta being blasted out of sight after 'the person who looked like a rock' told me to do things. It's here that he interrupts.

"The leader of the Cult claimed that person's quirk let them control those with animal-based heteromorphic quirks. Can you confirm this?"

Here it is. If there's any part of this that is going to be a problem, it's going to be Himiko's quirk. I know her quirk, and what it can do. So I need to be careful not to say anything to contradict whatever they think her quirk can do, but also ensure that they don't know that I acted freely. Luckily...

"I've heard the same, though all of my actions felt like I decided on them nyself."

...people are more likely to believe a lie that's ninety percent truth.

An eyebrow goes up. "Really? So you couldn't feel any kind of control at all?"

I shake my head. "Nya-ope. Everything I did I thought I was choosing to do nyself. If I wasn't told, I would think I'd randomly decided to hunt All Might on my own."

"Interesting." He rubs his chin in thought, his eyes glancing towards the one-way mirror. Behind it, I'd guess Principal Nezu, Mr. Aizawa, and depending on how well Recovery Girl has healed him, Ass Might.

'~'

(3rd)

"She's not telling us everything."

"Clearly."

"Really?"

The two people capable of thinking beyond brute force look at the Symbol of Peace with disappointment. Before the silence can stretch too long, Nezu resumes speaking.

"She's only responding to his questions. While she has offered up a minimal amount of information that hasn't been asked about, the fact remains that it is minimal."

While Catia answers the detective's questions about what she'd seen and heard while kidnapped, Eraserhead explains further.

"In this kind of situation, most pro heroes would be telling the detective everything to try and gain even a bit more recognition when the group is taken down. Hero students are just as bad, or even worse since they think they'll start off higher in the rankings once they go pro. The exception to this is when heroes are trying to infiltrate an organization."

"But it appears that Miss Akihiro is already a part of the organization in question. Or one of them, at least." Nezu's words cause All Might to jolt, his hand going to his side as he stares at the student in shock. Seeing that he's preparing to enter the room himself, Nezu stops him.

"It is likely that she was indeed being controlled though, given the record we have of the boy's quirk and that he's been 'missing' for two weeks. So it is doubtful that she attacked you intentionally. There's a high probability that she's not an 'official' member, given how she was not informed of the attack beforehand."

Seeing that he's become dazed at the news, Nezu suggests that he rest in the police station's break room, which he accepts. After waiting a bit to ensure he can't hear them, Eraserhead restarts the conversation. "So what weren't you telling him?"

"As sharp as ever, Aizawa." He pulls a folded piece of paper out of his suit which he hands to him. Taking it, Eraserhead quickly reads its contents, his brows furrowing the farther along he gets.

The paper is the same one that the pro hero Mirko had found in the building Catia was in. Essentially, it apologizes for the 'kidnapping' and explains the condition they'd found her in. Similar to how eating catnip puts her into a cat-like state, breathing in smoked catnip does something similar. Though rather than giving her energy it seems to take it away, making her relaxed to the point she'll take a nap in the middle of a fight if she inhales it.

Additionally it advised them that she becomes rather gluttonous in that state, so offering her food would allow them to convince her to cooperate with them. Within reason. In giant letters at the very bottom of the paper it specifically warns against making unreasonable demands or provoking her while she's in that state, or else BAD THINGS will happen.

"So she's either been part of the Cult long enough that they're familiar with her, and joined the attack to keep her safe..."

"Or high enough that she can work as a spy for them should they be antagonistic towards UA. Though given all their actions so far it would be unlikely."

"Unlikely, but not impossible." Eraserhead frowns.

"Indeed."

They fall into silence as they listen to Detective Tsukauchi ask his final questions with bated breath.

"Did you join the League of Villains or the Cult of Nya?"

"No."

"Do you harbor any desire to harm UA or pro heroes?"

"No."

Though they relax just a little at not getting a signal for a lie from him, the two resolve to keep an eye on their feline student all the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 10.7K 47
BOOK ONE OF WHAT IS PERFECT? SERIES. "He's a hero student and I'm a villain. We're enemies only he doesn't know it," Y/N L/N. A-grade villain and m...
865 27 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
605K 17.8K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
3.9K 157 39
BNHA x FEM! BLACK! OP! Reader REWRITTEN VERSION IS IN PROGRESS!! guys i rlly do appreciate tha attention to dis book, but i'd be more den grateful if...