Fate/Liber Novus Vol. II

By AriesStar337

A second list of the OC Servants. More

New Fate/Liber Novus
The Rising Dragon

The King of Ruin

93 6 0
By AriesStar337

Class: Berserker.
True Name: Högni.
Other Names: The Demon of Blood and Ash.
Gender: Male.
Armament: Swords.
Height: 180cm.
Weight: 76kg.
Region: Scandinavia.
Source: Prose Edda, Hjaðningavíg.
Hidden Attribute: Earth.
Basic Traits: Hominidae Servant, Humanoid, King, Servant, Seven Knights Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish.

Personality: The skill Madness Enhancement takes control over his entire mindset, words will not come from his mouth, only grunts or beastly roars will come from his mouth, although he'll utter only a few and short sentences a few times. An once proud and fair king of the Danish, he had lost all senses of reason since he offered no truce to Hedinn. Since that moment, his mind was trapped in battle, killing enemy one after another without any end. A man simply rampaging on the battlefield with his cursed sword. It's only reason to live is to fight, and is reason to fight is to live. If only he had not been so foolish as to declare war, things might have went differently. But his one and sole obsession is to fight in an battle that will put all his lives on the line, and once he finds someone so strong, so powerful, he will start invisioning the one he always desire to fight and kill, Hedinn. He will go mad with glee at finding and fighting that someone who equals or surpasses Hedinn that he'll forsake any orders given to him to fight them.

Motivation/Attitude towards Master: This is an Servant rather easy to control, directing him towards a battle is all that is needed. He'll be however hard, and near impossible, to call him back once he finds someone he perceives as 'Hedinn' and he'll continue fighting until either him or they die.

To the Master of Chaldea he isn't much different. Although with enough bonding, they are absolutely obedient even willing to ignore his battle lust and fighting someone he perceives a 'Hedinn' and obey them.

Likes: "War... War... WAAAAAAAAAAR!!"
Dislikes: "Grr.... ARGH!"

Appearance:

(His left eye is a deep green color)

(First Ascension outfit)

(Second Ascension outfit)

(Third and final Ascension outfit. Note from me, imagine this being his final Ascension artwork where instead of angel wings, piles of corpses lay on his feet)

History: In the Skáldskaparmál and in Ragnarsdrápa, it is related that once when Hǫgni was away, his daughter Hildr was kidnapped by a prince named Heðinn, the son of Hjarrandi (O.E. Heorrenda). When Hǫgni came back, he immediately started to search for her. In the older poem Ragnarsdrápa, Hǫgni finally found her and the island where Heðinn waited with his army. This island is explained as the island of Hoy in Orkney by Snorri Sturluson in Skáldskaparmál.

Hildr welcomed her father and offered him peace and a necklace on behalf of Heðinn. However, Hǫgni had already unsheathed his sword Dáinsleif, which gave wounds that never healed and like Tyrfing always killed a man once it had been unsheathed. A battle ensued and they fought all day and many died. In the evening Heðinn and Hǫgni returned to their camps, but Hildr stayed on the battle-field. She resurrected them with incantations and the fallen soldiers started to fight anew, and this went on until Ragnarök.

For over 143 years, under the constant ressuction of Hildr, they waged in an never-ending war. Until the arrival of Olaf Tryggvason that brought the arrival of Christianism which finally ended the curse of the two kings.

Image in Fate/Liber Novus: An once fair king, full of justice and honor, has now fallen into the madness and bloodthirst of war. Nothing remains of that good king, only a warrior of ruin that fights and dies just for the sake of fighting in war.

Hearing of the ever chaotic and endless war, an nameless christian warrior arrived at the field of battle where Högni and Hedinn battled for centuries and he killed the one who perpetuated that endless cycle of war and death over and ever again, the princess Hildr. By killing her the long and seemingly endless war between Högni and Hedinn finally came to an end. The secret behind that endless revival died together with her, some mages at the Clock Tower theorize that Hildr had somehow learned the revival method that Asclepius had used in life.

Whatever the case, the Servant Högni now search for the same thrill, the same joy, the same feeling of ecstasys he felt from battling Hedinn over and over again.

Rarity: ☆☆☆☆.
Cards: Quick/Arts/Arts/Buster/Buster.
Alignment: Chaotic-Evil.
Strength: A.
Endurance: B(EX).
Agility: B.
Mana: B.
Luck: A(E).
Noble Phantasm: A+.

Abilities~

Because of his legend, where he fought countless battles for over 143 years until christianity arrived, Högni has reached to a zenith in swordsmanship and physique prowess that far had left the realm of humanity. He's compared to a Demonic Beast in human flesh because of his inhuman strength and vitality.

At the border of his last life, he gains a tremendous burst in power that further transcends his already demonic power. But he's also at his weakest because it means that he's now more dangerously susceptible to Dainsleif's curse and runs the risk of suffering an unexpected death or never reaching to a victory, as Dainsleif drives it's wielders into an eventual ruin.

Class Skills~

Madness Enhancement: A+: Nothing but a desire for endless war fills his mind. No reason, no senses, or emotion, only battle for the sake of dying in war, fighting for the sake of killing. The only true source of joy would be fighting his destined enemy, Hedinn. But on his Berserker state, anyone who he senses that equals him or is stronger becomes 'Hedinn' in his mind, which fuels a deep and maddening desire to fight them.

Personal Skills~

Indomitable: A+: Trapped in an endless war against his fated enemy, without gaining the upper-hand nor losing ground neither, he kept fighting. One can call this an true testament of an indomitable body and spirit.

Eternal Arms Mastery: EX: For Högni, due to the endless war with Hedinn where he fought with all his strengths and abilties, even many kinds of other weapons, to the point that the sword became a part of him. With his eternal fight, his swordsmanship became a part of him, engraved in his body, in all his muscles and even when having lost his mind to war, his sword skills remains as strong as ever. Game Effects; Increases own attack for 3 turns. Increases own critical star absorption for 3 turns.

Charisma of Ruin: A: This skill under any other class would be a normal charisma skill, but as a Berserker who waged in an eternal war, it was corrupted. It is technically not charisma anymore but an entirely different skill which makes any army under him go crazy. It is a madness that result in fearless bloolust, that even dying won't be able to stop. A king that was able to have an army fight for him continuously for centuries. Game Effects; Increases party's attack for 3 turns. Increases party's critical rate & damage for 3 turns. Gain critical stars. Greately decreases all party's defenses for 3 turns[demerit].

Noble Phantasm~

(It turns into a red shade when Högni reaches his third and final Ascension)

Dainsleif~Oh' Harbinger of Ruin: Anti-Army: A+: It is a demonic sword from the Nibelungen. It is a sword that has been in two myths, with both versions showing its frightening nature. Within the Völsunga Saga, it is a sword that was part of Fafnir's collection of treasures, taken by the clan that killed the Northern European hero, Sigurd. It is a cursed Noble Phantasm that contains a powerful curse of "reparation" to be used on its target, and it also drives the fate of its possessor to ruin and causes them to surely die. Within the Skáldskaparmál, it is possessed by the Danish King, Högni. He became locked in eternal combat with the King of Serkland, Hedinn, due to the sword's curse, which requires it to always kill a man once drawn and does not allow it to return to its sheath until such is accomplished. While demonic and holy swords carry with them both glory and destruction, Dáinsleif is said to only bring the latter onto its master. Once the blade's true name is unleashed... True hell shall come forth, as unlike with Gilgamesh's version, this sword was the very weapon that Högni used in his eternal war against Hedinn, as such the evil karma of this sword shall be brought down upon anyone who opposes Högni. Game Effects; Deals Heavy damage to all enemies. 80% Chance to increase own attack by 10% for 1 turn. (Max: 5 times per NP as long as buff succeeds continuously). 40% Chance to paralyze all enemies for 1 turn. Greately decreases own defense for 3 turns[Demerit]. Decreases own Debuff Resistance for 3 turns[Demerit]. Buster NP.

Hjaðningavíg~The Curse of the Maiden: Anti-Unit(Self): EX: The reason the battle of Högni and Hedinn perdured for 147 years was the curse of the sought princess of both, Hildr, the daughter of Högni, who ressurected them both and their fallen soldiers who then resumed their conflict again and again endlessly until the arrival of christianity in Nothern Europe. This Noble Phantasm is akin to Heracles' God Hand as does not allows Högni to be killed in any sort of way, not even by his own Noble Phantasm's ruinous nature. Do not mistake it, while it is true that it shares the nature of ressurecting Högni like God Hand does to Heracle and keeps Dainsleif's curse at bay, in the end they aren't the same. Because each ressurection of Högni renders him weaker as both consumes a lot of mana on Högni's part and it also represents the dawn of christianity which finally putted an end to Högni and Hedinn's war. The limit of each ressurection is that of 13 lives, but once it reached to it's final life Högni's power will burst out explossively and will become way stronger, but he will be now way more vulnerable to Dainsleif's curse and will inevitably cause his death in more than just one way.

Summoning: "AAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!"

My Room Comments: 1: "(Growls menacingly)"

2: "ARGH... AAAAAAH... ARGH!"

3: "OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUGHH!"

Strong Servants: "Hah... Haha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HEDINN, HEDINN, HEDINN, HEDINN, HEDINN, HEEEEEEDIIIIIIIIINN!!"

Strong and powerful men... Just as Hedinn was. Or so that is what is understood from Högni. Any man who can either be able to equal him or be more stronger than him is like Hedinn in his eyes. Because with Hedinn he employed every tactic, every technique, every single weapon and all his strengths. All of it for the sake of besting Hedinn in warfare.

Miyamoto Iori: "(Grins wickedly) Same... Same...!"

Högni can sense it in Iori, he can sense that they are the same. Beasts of war who desires to see eternal conflict for the sake of killing for all eternity.

Jeanne d'Arc(Ruler/Archer)/Martha(Rider/Ruler)/Saint Georgios/Saint Sava/Santiago Matamoros/Saint Patrick/Amakusa Shirou Tokisada: "(He roars out of pure hatred) GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGG!!"

Christianity took away from Högni his greatest joy, which was fighting Hedinn for eternity. For that he hates the religion and those who presides it.

Tezcatlipoca: "Grrr..."

Both have the same view on war and want to see it go for eternity. But even so Högni despise his prescense and will try to kill him immidiatedly. Why? That's something it'll never be known as Högni lacks the capacity for communicating.

Gilgamesh(Archer/Caster): "Mmm?"

Gilgamesh's prescence confuses Högni because he can feel Dainsleif from him, yet he doesn't sees the curse consuming him. He thinks of Gilgamesh as a bizarre creature.

Darius III: "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!"

To Högni, Darius III's army greatedly reminds him of his own. Troops who continously fought, be broken, rise, fought, be broken, and rise over again for all eternity.

Event: "(He lets out a wicked grin as he roars) GRAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! (Translation: War!! War in the horizon!! I shall kill, kill, kill!!)"

Birthday: "(He just growls softly without doing anything)."

Holy Grail: "Hedinn... HEDINN!!"

Bond Lines: 1: "Grrr...! Haaaah..."

2: "Hm....? Weird..."

3: "Ugh... AAAAUUUUUUUUGHH!!"

4: "(He looks at the Master and struggles to say) W...h...y... no...t... War...! W...h...y... noot!! Killing...?"

5: "R...u..in... await....s you... with me...! F...fight! A...g..a..in...st de...s...ti...ny... M...a...s..t..er..."

Noble Phantasm damage: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Regular damage: 1: "ARGH!!"

2: "GRRRR!!!"

3: "DIE!!!"

Defeat: 1: "Ha... haha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

2: "Never... over..."

3: "Ugh... Aaaaahhh...."

Victory: 1: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! BLOOD!!! DEATH!!! WAR!!!"

2: "More.... more... MORE!!!"

3: AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGHH!!!"

Noble Phantasm: 1: "Argh... AAAAAAAAAAARGGHH!!(With a mad charge he deals slashes and slashes that covers all the battlefield) DIE, DIE, DIE!!(He raises the sword above him and charges up one last attack) DAINSLEIF!!!(And slams the sword into the ground which caused an fiery explossion)"

2: "AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!(With a mad charge he deals slashes and slashes that covers all the battlefield) WAR, DEATH, BLOOD, IS ALL THAT I AM!!!(He raises the sword above him and charges up one last attack) KILL THEM, DAINSLEIF!!(And he slams the sword into the ground which caused an fiery explossion)"

Voice: Shunsuke Takeuchi.
Other qualifying classes: Saber.

Well... in honesty this is the least Servant I expected in coming up second. But it adds more variety instead of all being Sabers and stuff. Plus he's kinda one of my Fan Servants who isn't righteous or a good guy in particular, he's a bloodthirsty and war lust who wants to fight and kill endlessly.

AriesStar337, over and out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 82 20
One very boring day, the all-powerful Author decides to bring a handful of fictional characters to their hand-crafted Reaction Dimension. Nobody ques...
1.6M 108K 25
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
49.5K 5.6K 9
Félix nunca ha tenido novios. Félix nunca ha tenido sexo. Félix está haciendo muchas listas sobre quién es el candidato perfecto para perder la virgi...