RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 3

237 8 1
By ZANE_555

(Ruby)

Y/N and the others are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns. Ahead of them, Nora is pointing at the tunnel's end, very excitedly. 

Nora: "Come on guys! Hurry up, we're almost there!"

Unlike her, Ruby, Jaune, and Ren are walking slowly, hunched over, and bags under their eyes, considering that they all got out of bed for the day.

Jaune: "Settle down, Nora... we're exhausted."

Ruby yawns while waving him off.

Ruby: "She's just excited to see Mistral... just like me."

Somewhat less tired than the rest, Y/N chimes in, while walking near to Qrow, who is also not as tired.

Y/N #1: "Heh, sure looks like it, Rubes."

Ruby: "Oh, you know what I mean."

Y/N #1: "Well, Nora always have the most energy out of all of us."

Jaune: "Pretty much in general."

Just as tired as Jaune, Ren chimes in.

Ren: "Mistral is a wonderful sight. I'm sure that it'll lift their spirit after we've all been stuck in a house for an entire day."

In the back of the group, Qrow backs this up.

Qrow: "He's right. The seas are a real sight to see. Am I right, kid?"

Y/N #1: "Yeah, it's been a while since we been here."

Ruby: "You've been here before, Y/N?"

Y/N nod in response.

Y/N #1: "It was a long time ago, and I don't really hang around for long. But I'll never forget the view of the city from here."

Nora: "Come on you slowpokes!"

As she said this, she exits out of the tunnel and onto the balcony's railings. They all approach the ginger-haired girl and stop to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe. 

[Minus Ren and Nora on the corner.]

Qrow: "The city of Mistral."

Ruby: "Wow!"

Jaune: "Is that the Cho Chin?"

Y/N #1: "Yep. And on top of it is Haven Academy and this city's CCT tower."

As the gang continues to stare in awe of the sight, Qrow just lays his hand on Ruby's head and Y/N's shoulder.

Qrow: "Heh, it's certainly something."

The softest yet is the expression from Nora, who is sitting on the balcony's ledge, admiring the view and holding Ren's hand as they overlook the city beside one another. Qrow then asks.

Qrow: "So, was it worth the wait?"

Jaune: "It's... nice but, it could have been worth an even longer wait."

He motions to the fresh bandages around Qrow's waist and Y/N's left arm. Qrow just wave it off.

Qrow: "Ah, don't sweat it. The poison is almost completely out of our system..."

He then motions to his flask in his hand.

Qrow: "See this, kid. All in one pain killer and disinfectant."

As he said this, Qrow takes a sip from it. 

Y/N #1: "Yeah, I rather use it as a disinfectant rather than a pain killer to drink, Qrow."

Jaune and Ruby look unamused by Qrow's words but, Nora's cheerful voice draw their attention. 

Nora: "Let's head up to the Cho Chin, guys! Ren and I never had the chance to go all the way up there until now."

They soon enter one of the many glass elevators that pocket the mountain of the city as Qrow turns to Nora.

Qrow: "Tone down your expectations till we're done at Haven. Seeing Lionheart is the first priority."

Nora: "Fine."

With that, they board the elevator and take off as the gang continues to stare at the city as the elevator ascends to the top.

Jaune: "They really made the most out of these mountains."

Qrow: "Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels." 

Y/N #1: "The higher up you go, the nicer it gets."

Nora: "And we are going up!" 

Soon enough, the elevator emerges to the top of the Cho Chin where Haven's clean, aesthetically pleasing campus awaits them. The group walked into the school courtyard, looking around in wonder and amazement. As they stopped in front of the main building, Y/N and Qrow hung back, casting observatory glances all around the place.

Y/N #1: "Qrow..."

Qrow: "Yeah... something's off. No one's here. Teachers or students."

Y/N #1: "Let's take a look inside."

As they walked inside and made their way to the headmaster's office, the situation didn't seem to be any different than outside, making the group unsettled by the mere silence of the academy.

Ruby: "Hellooo! Helloooo!"

Nora: "Maybe try... louder?"

Ren: "There doesn't seem to be anyone here."

Jaune: "Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it."

Y/N #1: "Even if that's the case, it's too damn quiet. We should be seeing at least a few teachers and staffs here. And yet, we haven't seen a single soul."

Qrow: "This isn't right... come on."

The huntsman dash towards the headmaster's office, with Y/N and the others following behind. Once the group reach the office, Lionheart is actually just leaving, staring at his pocket watch in concern as he bumbles out of the door and into Qrow. 

There's a brief surprise for everyone as Y/N and the others even reach for their weapons but, no one draws them out, except for Y/N, who almost took out Crimson and Violet. Once they realize who they are looking at, Ruby and the others put away their hands from their weapons.

Ruby: "Uh, Headmaster Lionheart?"

Slowly calming down and dusting himself off from the run-in.

Lionheart: "Qrow! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me half to death!"

Qrow: "Me? Why weren't you waiting for us at the entrance?"

Lionheart: "Huh?"

He then pulls his pocket watch from his coat, checking it for a bit before addressing to Qrow and the others. 

Lionheart: "Oh, right. Apologies. I guess time slipped away from me."

Qrow: "That's fine but, I'm more concerned about the lack of people on campus."

Y/N #1: "Uhm, where are all the teachers and students?"

Lionheart: "Oh, they're out on missions at the moment."

Qrow: "All of them?"

Lionheart: "Ahem, it'll be easier to explain if everyone gets situated in my office. Please, come in."

He gestures them all to come over to his office, which they comply, entering inside. Once Lionheart sit down on his seat and the gang fully enter the office, he addresses them.

Lionheart: "Oh, you must be the students Qrow mentioned."

Ruby: "Yes, sir. Ruby Rose."

Jaune: "Jaune Arc."

Nora: "Nora Valkyrie."

Ren: "Lie Ren."

Y/N #1: "Y/N L/N."

Lionheart: "Ah, Qrow's lone student. Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all. Leonardo Lionheart, at your service."

Y/N #1: "Likewise. So, tell us what's going on, if you don't mind me asking."

The headmaster let out a brief sigh before turning to look at Qrow and the others.

Lionheart: "Mistral has been in a state of disarray since the Fall of Beacon with initial panic in the streets bringing a significant number of Grimm to the city's border..."

Shocked expressions are plastered on the gang's face, especially with Y/N as he quietly clenches his fists a bit.

Lionheart: "Luckily, the Grimm were repelled, and order was somewhat restored but, the outward normality of everyday life hasn't tamed the unease in the hearts of the people. Grimm attacks have been up and growing worse to the point that the Council made the hard decision to nationalize the huntsmen missions to better fend off the threat."

After saying that, Ruby steps in and asks.

Ruby: "Is that why they pulled back support for the railway and couldn't send us an airship to get here?"

There's a moment of hesitation on Lionheart's part as he looks away for bit, giving a saddened look before finally turning to Ruby and replying back. 

Lionheart: "There was a severe fight out on a nearby town, Kuchinashi that severely strained our resources. Sending a simple medevac when you two were injured was the best I could do even after that crisis had ended. The Grimm were... relentless."

Hearing that last part, Y/N clench his fists a bit more than usual as Qrow pinches his nose.

Qrow: "If that's the case, then where are the students?"

Lionheart: "Someone had to start taking on the private huntsmen missions being put out on the boards."

His remark makes Qrow slam his hands on the desk.

Qrow: "What do you mean by that?"

Staring at him, Lionheart quickly replies back.

Lionheart: "The pragmatic solution was to make the students take on everyday complaints so that the people of Mistral aren't suffering while the trained huntsmen are busy. It serves as a good learning experience about real huntsman work and solves the demand in the marketplace in one go."

This makes Qrow and the others to be taken aback as he snaps back.

Qrow: "You can't be serious. There are missions on those boards that students couldn't possibly handle. Hell, there are criminals on those boards and kids have no practical way of knowing what missions to take and not take. You're throwing children to the wolves."

Lionheart hardens his expression and stands up from his seat. 

Lionheart: "As much as I would love to go gallivanting around the countryside, Qrow. I have an entire city to manage. Half the population of which already hate my guts. Unlike you, I can't shake my position and lapse into unemployment. People are depending on my decisions to keep them safe an if it means those have pledged to protect our world, make that sacrifice so early, then so be it."

Qrow just raises his hands in the air and growls at this. 

Qrow: "Ugh, this is great. A school without any teachers or students. Absolutely wonderful."

After hearing their discussion, Y/N decides to step in.

Y/N #1: "Then who is guarding this place from any attack?"

Qrow: "Yeah, who the hell is guarding the relic?"

Taking indignance to his remark, Lionheart puff out his chest.

Lionheart: "Hmph, I'm not too old that I can't fight. Besides, Ozpin's idea of security is laughable. The Vault already needs the Spring Maiden to open it. Everything else around that is just redundancy and it isn't just me here."

Ruby: "R-Really?"

Lionheart: "Of course! Students are still frequent on campus, they're just busier than normal. A quiet campus isn't a deserted one, Qrow."

Qrow: "Well, that redundancy is vital, Leo."

After hearing all of this, Jaune steps in.

Jaune: "Uhm, Headmaster Lionheart, what are you going on about?"

Realizing that the discussion had gotten far more heated than he intended, Lionheart straightens up and turns to Qrow. 

Lionheart: "So you... filled them in... how much you let them in on?"

Qrow: "I told them most of the important parts and I would have told them more if I hadn't been, well, you know..."

He motions to the bandage at his waist and lightly point at Y/N and his bandaged left arm. Qrow then turns to Y/N and the others.

Qrow: "Only the maidens can open the vaults where the relics are stored."

Pointedly, he turns to Leo as he continues.

Qrow: "They're supposed to be the last line of defense protecting relics."

Lionheart stands strong against Qrow's light glare. 

Lionheart: "Only the Spring Maiden can open the Mistral Vault."

Ruby: "Then, what happened to her?"

Qrow and Lionheart shared wary glances before Leo decide to speak up.

Lionheart: "She vanished years ago, running away from her duties, decades ago. But it's clear she didn't defect or else we'd already have her kicking down our door."

His remark on the Spring Maiden catches Y/N's attention.

Y/N #1: ("Spring Maiden... Qrow was talking about her with Raven at the tavern... so she ran away...")

As Y/N glances over to Qrow, Qrow crosses his arm as he groans.

Qrow: "Which is why we have teachers to guard it just in case."

Before Lionheart can retort, Qrow roll his eyes, brushing by his own point.

Qrow: "I might actually know why that is and where she could be."

Y/N #1: ("Ugh, Raven...")

Leo got up to his feet, with hope in his face.

Lionheart: "Are you serious?"

Qrow just sigh.

Qrow: "It's not exactly good news."

Lionheart: "What are you talking about, this is incredible news! After all these years, where is she?!"

Taking a sip from his flask, Qrow answers back.

Qrow: "I had a chat with Raven before linking up with these kids. I'm pretty sure the Spring Maiden fled to the Branwen Tribe."

Ruby: "Raven... Yang's mom?"

Qrow turns to his niece.

Qrow; "That's right. With the kind of damage the tribe has been wrecking recently, they had to have a maiden backing their plays and Raven all but, confirmed it when we talked."

Y/N recalls the conversation Qrow had with Raven at the tavern, especially what she done with Shion village, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth a bit over his interactions with Raven. 

Lionheart: "What seems to be the issue then?"

Qrow: "The problem is I have to find the tribe itself and convince the Spring Maiden to join us. The good news is that I know the tribe's habits..."

Y/N #1: "And the bad news?"

Qrow: "Bad news is that Raven knows I'm onto them and the usual places they frequent haven't panned out from what I could see. I'm sure I could find them..."

Y/N #1: "But it's going to take some digging, right?"

Qrow: "Heh, pretty much. After that, it's just a matter of scrounging up enough willing Huntsmen to assist in case talking with Raven goes south and we'll be golden."

Sitting back on his seat, Lionheart speaks up.

Lionheart: "I'm not so keen on that idea either since Mistral needs every huntsman it can right now."

Ruby: "What makes you say that, sir?"

Lionheart: "Well, even if we get lucky and there's a pocket of time where the Grimm are easier to deal with, there's still uneasy political tensions between Mistral and Atlas, what with the trade embargo going into effect not too long ago. It's not immediate but, the squeeze on imported dust is going to make the people of Mistral quite distressed..."

Y/N couldn't but feel like he's heard of this discussion about the dust embargo before, thinking it must be from one of the Y/Ns scattered around Remnant.

Jaune: "How bad is it?"

Lionheart: "There's talk of starting war with Atlas to reopen the dust flow by rite of conquest and bolster the spirits of the populace once and for all behind a nationalistic cause."

This is when Ren chimes in about this.

Ren: "No, that can't happen."

Nora: "Yeah, that's a bad idea. Remember the last major war Remnant had. Ended bad for everyone involved."

Lionheart: "I agree. An attack on Atlas is just suicidal for Mistral but, the Fall of Beacon and Vale's absence from the political stage have made the international scene an absolute mess."

Qrow turns to Leo, placing his hands on the desk.

Qrow: "So, any leads on those infiltrators from Mistral during the Vytal Festival?"

His question makes Y/N, and the others step in. 

Jaune: "Do you have anything on them?"

Y/N #1: "Any information?"

Ruby: "Can you tell us please?"

Lionheart just shook his head quietly before answering.

Lionheart: "Emerald and this Cinder woman were unknown quantities with clean transcripts coming in. And though Mercury's father was a known assassin, the combat academies have seen their fair share of 'bad seeds' turned good. But the fact that Cinder managed to worm her way onto the faculty as a professor without any issue contributed to my vote in the Council nationalizing the huntsmen. My trust in my own subordinates had been shaken thoroughly."

After hearing this, Jaune balled his fists and grunted in frustration as both Ruby and Y/N notice this while Y/N doesn't hide his own frustration and disappointment in his face, which Ruby also noticed.

Y/N #1: ("Damn it. Came all the way here to get some answers and get nothing instead.")

Lionheart: "Regardless, their personal effects on the campus have already been searched and nothing of use could be found."

Y/N steps forward, placing his hands on the headmaster's desk.

Y/N: #1: "Are you sure? Was there anything you could find? Not even a speck from Cinder being a teacher here."

Lionheart: "I'm afraid not. It's as if they vanished into the wind..."

As Y/N lower his head, he lightly groans in frustration, pulling his hands back from the desk with a worried Ruby placing a hand on his shoulder as Lionheart continues. 

Lionheart: "At this rate, the best course of action would be to find the Spring Maiden and find a way to get her as far from Mistral as possible."

Letting out a brief sigh, Qrow speaks up to Lionheart.

Qrow: "We can start looking into where Raven and her tribe might be but, I think you should start looking into bolstering the school with some kind of security."

Leo nod to this.

Lionheart: "I promise to do what I can with what limited free time I have but, there's only so much I can do as this rate. So, few people I can trust."

Qrow: "Heh, yeah. Those seem to be in short supply."

With another sip from his flask, Qrow waves the kids out of the office. 

Qrow: "Come on kids."

As everyone trailed outside behind Qrow, Ruby and Y/N turn back to face the headmaster as he sits back down.

Ruby: "It was nice meeting you, sir."

Y/N #1: "I hope we can continue working together to find the Spring Maiden."

The headmaster nod to them.

Lionheart: "Likewise, children."

As Y/N was about to shut the door behind them, the Faunus headmaster does his best to hide his guilty expression. Once the door fully closed, Leo let out a sigh of relief with his expression not changing one bit. As he leans back on his chair, a small hologram pooped up over his desk, projecting a stylishly curved 'W', as a man's voice sounded over the comms.

Watts: "Oh, Leo. We have got to work on your acting and improvisational skills."

Meanwhile, Ruby and the others walk through the hallway as they discussed how they should go about investigating for clues to the Branwen camp location.

Ruby: "What do you think, Uncle Qrow?"

In front of them, Qrow is walking casually as he turns to them.

Qrow: "Just leave it to me. You kids have been through enough as it is for the last few weeks. You deserve a little time off."

Jaune: "What you'll be doing?"

The huntsman just waves them off before saying.

Qrow: "I'll be self-medicating at local bar I frequent. You know what bar what I'm talking about, right Y/N?"

Y/N #1: "I'm aware, Qrow."

Qrow just chuckles a bit.

Qrow: "Good. I'll meet you there. Take your time, kid."

Ruby and the others watch in concern as Qrow heads towards the elevator. 

Jaune: "Is he going to be okay?"

Ruby: "I don't know."

Y/N #1: "Eh, don't worry about it. I'm planning to go with him at the bar later."

Ruby: "Right, he took you to places like that, huh?"

Y/N #1: "Yep."

Nora jumps between their shoulders.

Nora: "Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine! Besides, we have the house all to ourselves until he gets home and that means slumber party!"

Jaune and Y/N just look at her with deadpan expressions.

Y/N #1: You kidding, Nora?"

Jaune: "We've been backpacking for weeks together at this rate."

Y/N #1: "We should be relaxing."

Nora: "Huh? But it is relaxing."

During this small debate about a slumber party, Y/N overhear a pair of shoes approaching them and before he could turn around, a familiar voice calls out to them. 

Arslan: "I didn't expect to see you all here."

They turn around to see Arslan Altan as well as Scarlet and Sage behind her.

{If you need a refresher, Scarlet is the one with red hair and Sage is the one with green hair.]

Arslan, Scarlet, and Sage look both tired and disheveled as they approach Ruby, Y/N, and the others.

Sage: "Hey guys."

Scarlet: "Nice to see you all here."

Y/N #1: "Scarlet. Sage. Man, it's so good to see you guys are doing well."

Scarlet: "Well, we are for the most part. Not sure about Sun since he left to Menagerie and Neptune just finish recovering from Patch."

Y/N #1: "Ah, I see." ("Something tells me that those two are just fine. Maybe from one of the other three me.")

Jaune: "What bring you guys here?"

Sage: "We're only popping onto campus between missions."

Scarlet: "We've been running ragged, and this will probably be our only night on campus for a whole month, provided if the schedule stays steady that is."

Sage: "We were just on our way from the dorms to the hot spring resort in the Cho Chin's mall when we ran into each other, and I recommend if we get the chance to check it out."

Scarlet: "I heard it's super relaxing."

Ruby: "Wow, they have a place like that there."

Y/N #1: "Ooooh, that does sound relaxing. Nora over here thinks a slumber party is 'relaxing'."

Nora: "Hmph, I stand by what I said!"

As they talk about this, Arslan quietly steps into the conversation. 

Arslan: "I am... glad to see you all... safe and well..."

She looks on to the group with some amount of sadness, pity, and regret as her words halted their talk about the hot spring resort. Before she continues, Arslan start rubbing her arm with her other hand, acting more reserved than she previously was, something Y/N and the others notice along with Scarlet and Sage.

Arslan: "I'm sorry... about Pyrrha..."

Upon saying this, the hallway grew silent as sadden expressions is plastered on the gang's faces as Pyrrha's death linger heavily on them. 

Jaune: "Yeah... thank you..."

Y/N look down at the floor, shifting his gaze away from Arslan, which she and the sadden Ruby are aware of.

Arslan: "I regret that the last time we all worked together, it wasn't under better circumstances and... we have to meet with just as unpleasant circumstances as well."

Jaune chuckle embarrassingly, scratching the back of his head.

Jaune: "Y-Yeah. But it's nice to know that you and your team made it home safely."

With a nod, Arslan replies back.

Arslan: "Thank you."

She then looks at Y/N, who remain motionless and not looking at her, along with Ruby and the rest.

Arslan: "So... do any of you know... who did it?"

Ruby steps in, facing Arslan with a serious tone.

Ruby: "Her name is Cinder. Cinder Fall."

Arslan: "Cinder?"

Y/N #1: "Ash Autumn was just a fake name she made to publish articles to slander the Vytal Festival. She's no journalist nor a Haven teacher. She, Emerald, and Mercury... they did it."

Arslan: "I... see."

Confidently and with no small hints of anger, Nora chimes in.

Nora: "And we'll get them for what they had done to Vale and Beacon."

A small smile form on Arslan's face as she responds half playfully and half seriously, extending an arm with her hand fold into a fist.

Arslan: "Not if I don't get to them first. They took away my chance to rematch with Pyrrha ever again. So, they better watch out for the real Mistralian champion coming their way."

Her remark has made the group be taken aback as Y/N clench his fists a bit, finally turning to look at Arslan.

Ren: "Real Mistralian champion?"

Y/N #1: "Even now, you're still on about that...?"

Arslan: "I am. My goal will not change and waver."

Y/N #1: "After what happened to Pyrrha...?"

Arslan: "I don't expect you to understand... I need this..."

There's a moment of awkward but tense silence in the hallway once more with Y/N and Arslan staring each other down. Ruby, meanwhile, gaze upon them with visible concern, even clutching to Y/N's sleeve.

Ruby: "Y/N..."

But Y/N continues to stare down at Arslan. Before this could accidentally come off as more of an insult towards Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren, Scarlet cuts in, grabbing Arslan by the elbow.

Scarlet: "Okay Arslan! Let's tone down the toughness now."

Arslan: "..."

The red-haired guy then turns to Ruby and the others.

Scarlet: "As much as we'd love to chat with you guys and catch up, we really need to get going now, right Sage?"

Scarlet gives his teammate a wink, which Sage quickly become aware of this situation.

Sage: "O-Oh, yeah! The rest of team ABRN are already at the hot spring resort and they're probably waiting for us." 

With that, both Sage and Scarlet drag Arslan away with them as Jaune and Ruby calls out to them. 

Ruby: "Bye you guys!"

Jaune: "Hope we run into each other again soon!"

Once the three Haven students leave the hall, Ruby and the others share a look with one another over the whole exchange they had before Y/N walk off, which they noticed.

Ruby: "Y/N? Where are you going?"

Y/N glances over to them before responding.

Y/N #1: "I'm heading to the bar Qrow is at. I really need to get something to drink right now. I'll meet you guys back at the house. See ya."

As he said that, Y/N proceeds to walk forward, entering inside one of the glass elevators, waving them goodbye, which they do the same. 

Ruby: "Stay safe!"

Y/N: "I will!"

They soon go to a different glass elevator as Nora speaks.

Nora: "Sooo, how about that slumber party?"

Jaune just look at her with a deadpan expression, crossing his arms. He then let out a sigh before speaking up.

Jaune: "Fine but let's keep it in moderation, okay?"

Nora: "Yeah!!"

As their elevator descends and they continue their talk about having a slumber party before the elevator stops as they leave and head to their home.

_________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in the distance, there's a storefront called "The Chop Shop" where an attached apartment building is beside it, presumably a vehicle repair company. The place serves as a front for a White Fang base as well as a workshop for Watts, who tinkering on a scroll while seated at a workbench. 

Watts pulls up a soldering goggle to admire his work before speaking to a different active scroll beside him.

Watts: ("I really out done myself.") "What is it, Leo?"

Lionheart: "Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, will it be difficult to find the Branwen tribe?"

Watts: "Oh, it will take some time no doubt but, Salem has reinforcements on the way to the city proper in order to do more groundwork. Once they're here, I have faith that they'll be able to at least outpace Qrow and the children's little investigation. Heh, if only by a small margin."

Lionheart: "Okay. How are the White Fang doing so far?"

Watts quickly replies back, putting away his goggles.

Watts: "They're doing quite well by my understanding and when I'm done with these modified scrolls, they'll be unstoppable..."

As he said this, Watts lifts up one of the modified scrolls and activates it, checking its signal to make sure it's strong before proceeding to speak once more.

Watts: "And I'm sure the city will be in for quite the surprise indeed."

________________________________________________________________________

Back at the house Ruby and the others are staying at, they are in the middle of a board game session. Nora tower over her friends, proudly holding her game piece high.

Nora: "Haha, it's only a matter of time before I achieve victory!"

Ren just facepalm before replying.

Ren: "Nora... it's only the first turn and-"

Nora goes to place a finger on his lips, shushing him.

Nora: "Ssshhh, Ren. I'm rolling the dice now."

Jaune: "You won the last three games so far, no reason you won't win this one."

Pouting that she's losing the game a fourth time, Ruby chimes in, holding her own game piece.

Ruby: "She only won the second game because she tried to eat Jaune's game piece."

Nora: "And I'll do it again if I have to!"

Jaune: "Please don't."

Ren: "Nora..."

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door which draws their attention from their board game. 

Ruby: "Who is it?"

They then hear the muffled voices of Y/N and another person they don't know of.

Y/N #1: "Guys, it's me. Qrow's here too"

???: "Can you open up?"

Ruby and the others share a quick look before Ruby stand up from her spot, heading to the door. She opens the door to find Y/N and a certain person carrying a drunk giggling Qrow, who's babbling about finding "him" and saying "I did it" in a mumbling tone. Ruby turns to Y/N with a deadpan look.

Ruby: "Got drunk?"

Y/N #1: "Got drunk."

Ruby turns to her drunken uncle, sighing as she turns to the "stranger."

Ruby: "Thanks for bringing him here."

???: "No problem."

Ruby motion Jaune to come over and slowly take the intoxicated Qrow to the couch. During this, Y/N glances over to the stranger before nodding to him and quickly turning to Ruby and the others.

Y/N #1: "Okay guys, now don't be alarm but, Qrow and I brought someone with us."

Ruby: "Huh? Who-?"

Her words are interrupted upon lifting Qrow off the "stranger" with Jaune. Ruby's eyes meet with the stranger, now realizing that she's looking at Roman Torchwick himself. The two freeze and stare at each other in shock with Roman muttering a bit.

Roman: "Wait... Red?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 88 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...
209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
14.8K 460 35
Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing Series) Disclaimer: I don't own RWB...
12.5K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...