JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND NINETEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY

SEVENTY FOUR

2K 122 119
By saffyxoxox

March '79

Dear Regulus,

I hope school is okay. I'm fine. Narcissa has been looking after me, she's talked to me a little. I've been having nightmares, about that night. Apparently we have another mission in June, I don't think I can do it. I keep thinking about Juliet, I envy her so. I always have, I suppose. 

I wish I wasn't here.

I'm sorry that I'm not putting this more eloquently, I don't know how anymore, but Orion has died. The funeral is next week, so come home before Easter. I'll be glad to see you. Something odd is happening here.

Love,

Ophelia Rosier

Tears filled the man's eyes as he read the letter, everything felt pointless. He felt frustrated. This life was because of Orion. His entire life had been lived to please this man, to impress him, to follow his wishes. And now he was gone. 

All that was left of Orion Black was Regulus Black.

Dumbledore had arranged for him to leave school, he'd shook the boy's hand and said "make good choices." Regulus had scoffed at him and got on the empty train, watching the mountains roll by, feeling a sense of finality. He was still meant to have three months left of school, he still had his NEWTs to sit, but for some reason it felt like the last time he'd see these views, or be sat on this train.

Ophelia Rosier met him on the platform, it was the first time he had seen the witch out of her room since Christmas. Her hair was pulled back tightly, and she wore black lace. She wrapped a gloved hand around Regulus' neck and embraced him, kissing him lightly on the cheek, before apparating them both to 12 Grimmauld Place.

They stood outside the front door, hand in hand, Ophelia squeezed the man's hand and he looked down and smiled at her.

"You look nice, pheels."

"Thanks, Reg," she said quietly.

Walburga Black's sobs echoed throughout the house, Narcissa Malfoy was desperately trying to console the witch as Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange rolled their eyes in the corner.

"My son," Walburga gasped, reaching out a hand to Regulus.

Ophelia removed her arm from where it was linked with Regulus' and watched him go to his mother, the witch sobbed into his shoulder.

"Orion," she cried.

Nathaniel Romilly and Abraxas Malfoy approached Regulus, they both bowed their heads and shook their hands.

"Orion was the best of us," Nathaniel said.

"You're the man of the Black family, now," Abraxas said, his head still bowed. 

"This is your house now Regulus," Walburga said, gripping her sons hand. "Yours and your wife's," she said, looking to Ophelia through tears.

Ophelia sat beside her future mother in law and took one of her hands, "thank you, Mrs Black." 

"Where's Kreacher?" Regulus asked, as he unpacked his clothes. "I haven't seen him."

Ophelia looked up from where she folded the man's shirts, a confused expression on her face. 

"The Dark Lord. You gave him- you allowed him to use him."

"Months ago," Regulus hissed.

"I'm not sure, I'm sorry."

Regulus nodded stoically and dismissed Ophelia, grabbing his wand and closing his eyes, summoning the elf.

Kreacher collapsed on the bedroom floor, breathless, eyes closed. Regulus' heart broke at the sight of the elf. The elf he, Sirius and Juliet had played with. The elf they had protected. The elf who served unconditionally.

"Wingardium Leviosa," he muttered, levitating the small body to his bed.

"Kreacher," he whispered, casting a silencing charm on his room and locking his door. When the elf didn't open it's eyes Regulus shook his shoulders. "Kreacher."

The elf slowly opened his eyes as Regulus ran his wand over his frail body, checking for injuries.

"Master Regulus," he croaked. 

Regulus sat beside him and took his small hand into his palm.

"What did he do?" He asked, teeth gritted.

As he listened to the elf, his final piece of childhood innocence he had left, recount his story of horcruxes and caves, the man clenched his fists, his nails digging harder and harder into his palms. He had hated who he was for a while. Now he was a killer. And he had almost allowed Kreacher, an elf he had considered a brother, to be killed.

"I'm so sorry," was all he said to the small body.

"It is okay, Master Regulus. I serve you and therefore I serve the Dark Lord," he said, bowing his head.

"Not anymore," Regulus said, shaking his head, years of uncertainty and self questioning coming to a climax. "You only serve me. I only serve me."

"Yes, sir."

"Orion died," Regulus muttered, feeling he ought to inform the creature, though the man had only ever treated the elf with contempt.

"I serve only you," the elf nodded. 

"We need a plan, Kreacher." Regulus thought, being interrupted by Ophelia unlocking his door.

"Pheel-"

"Kreacher," the witch gasped, noticing the frail body on the bed. "Is he okay?"

"He will be," Regulus nodded.

"What happened?"

The man shook his head and Ophelia took one of his hands.

"Tell me. It was him?"

When he said nothing the witch spoke again, "you can tell me. I don't care about it. I don't care about any of it."

For a moment, he pondered telling her, of planning with her.

"You were destined for so much more than all of this, Ophelia."

She fell silent and looked at the wizard sadly.

"Scariest witch in our year. You're so much better than this."

"But not as brave as Juliet," she whispered.

He shook his head.

"Whatever happens, just try." He said to her.

"Try what?"

"Whatever you want. Just try."

She smiled and nodded, eyeing Kreacher nervously. 

"I'll leave you to it," she murmured, placing an awkward kiss on his lips.

"A duplicate?" Regulus asked Kreacher, later that night.

The elf nodded, "yes, master."

"And you could get us back there?"

The elf nodded again.

"And then we replace it."

"I will drink-"

"No, Kreacher. It'll be me. I won't be able to apparate out of there anyway."

"Master, the potion, you'll-"

"I have my debts to pay," he said. "And I intend to leave them fully paid. Wrongs will be righted," he whispered.

"It is so strong," the elf whispered back. 

"We don't know what will happen. It'll be okay, Kreacher."

"When do we go?"

"As soon as you have made the locket, Kreacher."

April 13th '79

The day before students were due home from Hogwarts, Regulus Black sat at his desk writing. A letter attached to Juliet, to Sirius, to Narcissa, to Ophelia, and finally, to the Dark Lord. It was a judgment day, of sorts, and he wasn't sure if he'd see it through to the end. He'd promised Juliet he would make things right, and this was his way to. He had lost himself, over the years. The good in him moulded by Sirius and Juliet had faded, and now he was shaped by Orion, by Voldemort, by Lucius. He would never live a good life, it was no longer in the cards for him. And he had taken a life, this act could save many. If it weakened the Dark Lord, it was all worth it. Kreacher had come to his room the previous night and shown him the locket, promising it was identical. 

He pulled on a cloak and put his wand in his pocket, the elf at his side. 

"In my desk drawer, there's letters, as soon as you get back here, if I am not with you, you send them. Give Ophelia and Narcissa theirs secretly. And this one," he said, handing to Kreacher, "you leave inside the fake, okay?"

"Yes master."

"If anything happens in the cave, you leave. You do not save me. You get out of there. The Dark Lord cannot know we betrayed him. They'll kill you. They'll suspect mother, and Ophelia. You leave me. Do you understand?"

"Yes, master," Kreacher croaked, his face low.

"You and I might just make a massive fucking difference to this war, mate."

Regulus looked around his childhood room and swallowed, this was his legacy.

Malfoy Manor, April 14th '79

Narcissa Malfoy stood impatiently waiting for Lucius to return from a mission. She rolled her eyes and accepted a letter from an elf. When she opened it she gasped, letting out a small scream and crumpling to the floor

"Get me parchment and a quill," she croaked to the elf from where she sat, breathing heavily, on the hard wooden floors.

Sirius Black and Juliet Romilly

"Find Sirius Black and give this to him."

"Yes, mistress."

Narcissa held the elf by it's rags, it was a new one, gifted to them by Bellatrix for their wedding present. 

"This is between you and I, Dobby. You tell Lucius, and I kill you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, mistress," the elf squeaked.

Kings Cross Station, April 14th '79

Juliet smiled, jogging down the platform with Arabella on her heels, feeling the lightest she had in months. She fell into Remus' arms, laughing as he held her tightly against him.

"Godric's Hollow?" Arabella asked.

"Let's go."

"Not in the muggle car," she groaned, rolling her eyes as the three approached the vehicle.

Remus laughed, "shut up, Bella."

Godric's Hollow, April 14th '79

Lily Potter let out a scream when an elf appeared on their doorstep as she gardened. 

"Hello there," she said kindly, eyeing the creature with suspicion. "Can I help you?"

"I have letters for Sirius Black and Juliet Romilly."

"Okay," she said, taking them.

"Regulus Black is dead, a message from my mistress," the elf squeaked, before vanishing.

James came outside, "did I just hear..."

Lily had her hand clasped over her mouth. 

"Get Sirius, James."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1K 56
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
23.7K 645 82
☁︎ James Potter ☁︎ Sirius Black ☁︎ Remus Lupin ☁︎ Regulus Black #1 in MaraudersEra 🤍
15.4K 276 17
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...
1.3M 39.1K 95
[COMPLETED] REIA LUPIN IS A SLYTHERIN. But her House does not define her. * Her name fell from his lips; the sweet, smooth sound carried away by the...