A Slacker's Law in a Webnovel...

By caleyaa

Cale Henituse was sent to another brand new world different from his old one. It was a world with no magic. N... More

Chapter 2-The Law of a Slacker (1)
Chapter 3- The Law of a Slacker (2)
Chapter 4-The Law of a Slacker (3)
Chapter 5-The Law of a Slacker (4)
Chapter 6- One Problem to Another
Chapter 7- A Mess. A Total Mess

Chapter 1-School's Where Strange Things Happen.

1.8K 106 47
By caleyaa

How could someone's day became so awful it left you all speechless?

Well not kind like awful but absurd, just like Ham Dan-i's current situation.

It started with how she woke up in the morning and found her school uniforms just magically changed overnight. She goes out feeling all confused when suddenly in front of her door stood a very pretty looking girl that claimed to be her friend. They go to school together, and it turns out the school they was going were not her original school.

She then by chance came across some really handsome guys with a strange hair colour... And somehow ended up going to that school called Ji-Jon with two of them. She have enough of experiencing this kind of cliche novel-like situation, however why... Was it not enough that she's even being assigned into the same class as them!?

'Why is her name even on this school's attendance list?'

Dan-i's mind were a chaotic mess as she held onto the list. There, her name with Bae Yeoryeong, and the other handsome guys were written on the same class. As she lamented this absurd and strange things that were happening to her..

'Huh?'

On the bottom of the list, something caught her attention.

'Foreign names?' She was even more perplexed at this new development. She turned towards the teacher and asked him, "Uh..there are foreign names..?"

"Ah!" The teacher seemed to be remembering something, though his eyes lit up and his face suddenly brightened for some odd reason. He said in enlightment, "Right! You guys were in the same class as them!"

Jooin then interjected.

"Them?"

At his question, the teacher smiled even more.

"That's right. They are a foreign student from overseas"

"Oh!" Jooin let out a bright smile and exclaimed excitedly, "Wow! that is cool!!"

"Are they an exchange student?" Woo Jooin then asked curiously with a twinkle in his eyes. 

Ugh- too bright!'  Ham Dan-i covered her eyes from the brightness.

"Hm? No. They were..." The teacher was about to answer when... "Oh! Eunhyung!" They turned their attention to the subject the teacher was calling just now. Ham Dan-i saw a person entering the teacher's office while answered to the teacher's calling politely. 

"Yes?"

She then noticed the kid who were named Eunhyung also looked towards them.

'R-Red...'  Ham Dan-i were once again appalled at their strange hair color that seemed to be seen as normal. Next she then saw the kid named Eunhyung asked them in confirmation before he started introducing himself politely.

"Ah. You're all in grade 1 class 4, right?"

"My name is Kwon Eunhyung. It's nice to meet you"

He seemed to be sparkling with those gentle smile on his face.

'Again, just where was handsome guys like this keep popping out?'  Dan-i looked towards him blankly as the teacher started to speak again.

"Eunhyung is the class president. So he will lead you to your class"

Dan-i just sighs and looked towards the others.

She could see an excited Jooin, smiling Eunhyung. and also an Eun Jiho who..creased his brows?

Maybe he's nervous?'  Ham Dan-i nodded thoughtfully. She could relate to Eun Jiho as she also felt pretty nervous right now. Though somehow, she felt a sense of wariness amidst this situation. It's hard to explain, but it was just like an interlocking padlock were tied between them.

When she arrived to the class with Woo Jooin, Eun Jiho, and Kwon Eun Hyung, she saw Ban Yeoryeong and Yoo Chunyoung who's already got to sat on their seats. She could feel it now that with all of them being here, those feelings were getting even stronger. 

Ham Dan-i felt it in her bones that Ban Yeoryeong, Yoo Chunyoung, Eun Jiho, Woo Jooin, Kwon Eunhyung and lastly, her, would be tied tightly with a quirk of fate at that very moment.

She's sure of it. Because her feelings were never wrong.

....

...

..

'Wait!'

She then jolted from her thought as she remembered something that was forgotten because of the earlier cut-off from the teacher.

'What about the exchange students!?'

***

GASP.

Ham Dan-i found herself in her room. She quickly proceed to glanced around left and right while laying on the bed. Later, she heard a series of 'Clang' sounds from just outside her bedroom, which is the kitchen's direction.

She sat up abruptly.

'I'm in my pajamas!'  Ham Dan-i's eyes sparkled.

Ham Dan-i feel a sense of relief washing over her entire being.

'I knew it!'

'It was all a dream!!'

She truly felt relieved because all those unbelievable events she just experienced were all just turned out to be a crazy, unrealistic dream. With a light heart, she got up from her bed refreshingly to headed towards the kitchen.

Chop Chop.

'Mom!' Dan-i saw the back of her mom who was chopping an onion in the kitchen.

"Mum, you're here~?!" Dan-i greets her mother cheerfully. And her mother replied succinctly, "Yeah"

After the short answer, Dan-i's mom began to ramble about how lazy she was and lecturing her as per usual. Ham Dan-i meanwhile just absentmindedly listened while picking up a glass of water from the dispenser. She then cut her off in the middle and started to rattled her problems to her mom instead.

"Mum listen to this, i feel asleep while reading a novel yesterday.."

"And i dreamed about how i seem to live in that novel that even both of my uniforms and school's changed! The characters from that novel also appeared!"

"Moreover..i met a mystical beauty in that novel! The visual were no joke, totally unreal!!"

"Even so, it was...scary at how real it felt"

Ham Dan-i stilled. Head looking down, she pursed her lips tightly.

It was truly a scary experience for her. She can't bear the feelings of being thrown suddenly into an unfamiliar world, all alone...

She continued to told her story to her mom while passing it off as a joke.

"Oh, the girl i've never met before was my neighbour and said we were best friends haha"

"I've got goosebumps all over you know! What do you think?"

Dan-i's mom turned around to face her. "Next door?" She seemed to consider it for a second then quickly replied, "You mean, Yeoryeong, who lives next door?"

'What?'  Ham Dan-i froze. She felt the back of her neck started to feel cold.

"You know her?"

"Of course! She's been living next door since you were born. You two have been friends ever since forever!"

"What's wrong with you? Did you have a fight with Yeoryeong? Is that why you're acting like you don't know her right now?"

Bombs after bombs dropped and Ham Dan-i's face turned white each seconds.

Clang!  The glass Ham Dan-i held in her hand fell onto the floor. She got chills all over her body.

"H-how..no way..."

Since she was born she said..Does it mean all of it was real? Then what about the life she experienced as Ham Dan-i in the past 13 years?!

"Dan-i!" Dan-i's mom were shouting her name while having a worried expression on her face. Ham Dan-i, despite her mom yelled her name many times, were unable to hear it. She was completely lost in her mind. She only looked down to the floor when she felt something prickling her skin.

'Ah..'

It turns out she was stepping on the broken piece of glass shattering on the floor, causing her sole feets to bleed.

'It stings..'

Dan-i's mom led her to sat on the chair then began to treated her injured feet.

Amidst the storm in her minds, Ham Dan-i recalled the unbelievable events happening to her not long before...

***

Class 1-4.

They came back to the 1-4 classroom, but Dan-i were still out of her mind. She sat down and stared at the teacher who wrote something on the blackboard. She could clearly see that the teacher were upset because she were being ignored by the students.

They were chattering loudly in the class without even paying attention to any of her words.

"That's Ban Yeoryeong, right?"

"She's so pretty"

Some of them were talking about Ban Yeoryeong, as for Dan-i...

She felt her cheek burns since a while ago. Feeling uncomfortable, she turned around where she found Ban Yeoryeong gazing at her intensely.

'Ugh'

'Please don't look at me like that, i just met you for the first time today'  Ham Dan-i felt embarrased and turned her face away. As soon as she turned around, she was braced with the visuals of the boys who sit languidly beside the window with the sunlight poured into the classroom.

Their visual under the sun looked like editorial models.

'Damn. God is truly unfair...'

She thought of that while resting her chin on her hand. Yoo Chunyoung, the boy she bumped into this morning, were sitting with his chin tucked, looking at the window with his blue eyes. Kwon Eun Hyung, the redhead, were gently smiling next to him. They looked comfortable when talking to each other sometimes. This made it apparent that they had known each other for a long time.

Likewise, Eun Jiho and Woo Jooin seemed to be close friends from long ago. Woo Jooin took a break while talking with Eun Jiho and looked around him with his kind brown eyes. He flashed a bright grin to all who made eye contact with him. Just that action alone filled the air with screams. No, not just screams but also...

"My heart..."

"Wow, I'm melting."

All the girls within a 5-meter radius were about to fall on their desks grabbing their heart.

Honestly, she thought that she would have done it too if the strange things in the morning did not happen.

A girl she never knew says she is her friend.

Her uniform has changed unexpectedly.

And above all, the middle school she was supposed to attend has disappeared and were replaced with this school called Ji-Jon. It was strange because she was sure that this place were supposed to be her original school as she has lived in this neighborhood for 13 years!

Really, if these things didn't happen, being in the same class with them would be such a fortunate thing. She would appreciated it and say, "Thanks for the eye candies!' and just move on with her life.

However, something was strange.

'Why doesn't anyone notice their weird hair and eye colors!?'

'Yeah sure they're handsome, but is it natural for koreans to possess those colors??'

All of this were giving her the headache.

Ham Dan-i massaged her forehead when she heard her phone suddenly rings. She opened her pocket and took out her phone.

CHILLS ─ Her face paled almost instantly.

There are three letters of 'Ban Yeoryeong' on the screen. She started to feel terrified, goosebumps rising all over her body.

'H-how is her number saved on my phone..?'  Dan-i frozed in place and completely unsure what to do. She stared at the message Ban Yeoryeong sent that were questioning about her condition and about how Dan-i was ignoring her this morning.

...

Ham Dan-i didn't respond and puts her phone back down.

'Just..what is it?'

'Why is this strange things keep happening to me since this morning..'

She was scared at this unreal situation that would only happened in a novel...

Ham Dan-i suddenly frozed.

'Huh, a novel..?'

"HEY!!!"

FlinchedEverybody, including her, flinched at the loud voice. They saw the teacher wore an angry expression on her face. "Ha..no one listen to what i say" The poor teacher massaged her head, grumbling about her undisciplined student.

"Sorry, seonsaengnim.."

"Haha.."

The students whereas sweat dropped and laughing awkwardly, and the teacher just sighs.

"You guys..i have a really important announcement" They perked their head at the serious tone said by the teacher.

"We just got a students who entry to our school from overseas and-"

"WOWWW!!!"

The teacher didn't get to finished her words as the whole class interrupted her by expressing aloud their amazement.

"Woww! i never saw a student from overseas who came in the beginning of the year!"

"So they were not an exchange student then?"

"I'm so excited!!"

The whole class instantly filled with the enthusiastic shouts of the students, and it made Dan-i strangely became curious too. She curiously thought, 'Are they the same one from the class-roll list?'

BADUMP-BADUMP.

Her heart started to beat wildly for some reason.

Ham Dan-i could feel herself anticipating this new, unexpected variable. Her mood went up just slightly in a positive way. She looked forward where she could see the poor
teacher sighed once more.

"Ha... I will just bring them over"

With that she left to escort the foreign students to their class.

The students still lively chattering throughout all this.

***

Not long after, the teacher came back.

"Oh my god! Are they here?"

"But the teacher came alone??"

Their excitement soon replaced with confusion. 'Why is she blanking out??' Ham Dan-i and the others were so confused at the teacher's current behavior.

One of the students called out to her.

"Seonsaengnim!"

"!"

"A-ah...Right!" Only with that did she seemed to broke out from her daze.

'She is acting weird..'

The teacher then called out while oddly stammering, "P-please get in"

'Huh?'

They were even more perplexed by the teacher who spoke towards the direction of the door. As they too looked across that direction...

"Thank you very much seonsaengnim"

"We were waiting to be permitted to go in, so.."

They heard a smooth voice coming from outside the open door, and not long after, they saw two figures emerging from the previously empty entrance.

"GASPPPPPP!"

"O-oh my god"

The class were gasping and murmuring loudly at the sight. They were astonished at the so called foreign students' appearance. The whole class, be it girls or boys were all blushing red at them. Even Dan-i found herself blushing profusely at the two's visual that could only be described as "otherworldly".

The boy who formerly spoke has a golden hair as bright as the sun, with his pupils that held a brilliant blue colours just like the clear sky. His face held a strong, perfectly sculpted foreign features that topped even the most globally known handsome boys around the world.

He also has an aura of elegance that could only be felt in someone of high statuses.

His looks, his posture, and even his gentle smile were so perfect that one could only wonder if he was secretly a prince from his country.

The blonde did a gentleman's bow as he began to introduce himself, his radiant smile blinding the whole class.

"Greetings, everyone. My name is Alberu Crossman"

"It was a pleasure to learn in this class with you"

Gosh, even his voice is charming.

"KYAAAAAAAA!!!!"

"It's nice to meet you!"

"Your korean is good!"

"Kyaaaaaa! Prince!!"

"I could die happily after seeing that face.."

"OMG DID HE SAY CROSSMAN!? NO WAYYYY!"

The girls squealed and screaming a various words of amazement, Alberu's looks really were too much for them.

"Hello everyone"

They quieted down for a moment when the other boy started speaking.

"My name is Choi Han"

"I hope we could be a good friends in the years we learned together^^"

Choi Han smiled brightly with his innocent face, it didn't take a second for him to instantly stealed the hearts of many students in the class.

Ham Dan-i was no different.

'He's so cute..'

"AWWWWWWWWWWW"

"SOOO CUTEEEE!!!!!"

"So he's korean!?"

"He looks like a puppy!"

The second round of screaming and squealing had started.

The one who just introduced himself by the name Choi Han has a jet black hair as dark as the night. His eyes that also had a match black colour slightly darker than the hair makes him looked to be more unique.

His innocent obsidian orbs would sometimes twinkled, reminding them of the stars on the beautiful night sky. And, unlike his korean name with his perfect pronunciation, his face held a mix of foreign features and asian looks.

Different from Alberu who's undoubtedly a handsome prince type, Choi Han was a balance between cute and handsome, and as one has mentioned, he looked just like a puppy.

Ham Dan-i could only gape her mouth at this sudden attack of transcendental visual. 'Wow...even those 4 guys were no match for them'  She concluded while shifting her gaze sideways at the four boys beside the windows.

She could see Woo Jooin and Kwon Eunhyung who were radiating a friendly aura towards Alberu and Choi Han.

Meanwhile Eun Jiho stared at Alberu with a complicated gaze, and Yoo Chunyoung just stared disinterestedly at them.

Finally, her gaze fell on Bae Yeoryeong.

Ham Dan-i flinched as she only realized now that all this time, Ban Yeoryeong's gaze were still focusing on her.

'Let's ignore it'

She choose to ignored her again and looked back at the front. She saw Alberu and Choi Han who's currently being bombarded with many questions by their classmates.

"..."

Ham Dan-i started to have a thought.

All of them..be it the four boys, Ban Yeoryeong, nor Alberu and Choi Han are people she would never blended in well to. She could see herself became a mere unimportant figurant. After all, it was obvious as a normal looking people like her would definitely became a squid if she were to stand next to them.

Ham Dan-i gave a self deprecating smile to herself.

The QnA session's still going on. They were laughing around and continued to asked Choi Han and Alberu various of questions until..

"Wait!"

"?"

"??"

Choi Han exclaimed abruptly earning a question marks from everyone.

"Alberu... Cale-nim!"

"Ah"

They then got even more confused when seeing Alberu followed Choi Han on wearing a funny (?) expression on his face.

'Who..?'  Ham Dan-i started to feel tired by the amount of surprise she had today.

"Excuse us for a moment, please.." Alberu said hurriedly as he and Choi Han excuses themself outside. The teacher who's been back to her blanking state since a while ago just nodded at them.

That make all the students looked at the teacher in bewilderment.

'Just what is with her?'

***

The previously loud classroom now turned calm.

'Ugh..it's awkward'  Thought Ham Dan-i after feeling the silent atmosphere in the room.

"Ar..y..sure...okay?"

'Huh?'

"...am..f..ne...sto..n...gging"

"..lease...let...s...pport...you"

It didn't stay long as they heard a mutter close enough for them to hear from the class.

Soon they all realized that Choi Han and Alberu were currently in front of the classroom talking to someone. Though they could barely hear their vague conversations. The students who got very curious tried to stand and look after them outside.

Their intentions immediately broken by the class president, Kwon Eunhyung.

"Everyone, i think it's best that we waited until they got back inside-"

"I agree!"

Kwon Eunhyung looked at Woo Jooin who abruptly agreed to his suggestions for a moment.

Then he continued after he gave Jooin his thanks with a grateful smile. "If we rushed outside then the class would get disorderly messy, right?" With Kwon Eunhyung's persuasion and Woo Jooin's spontaneous aggrement, they calmed down and complying to their suggestion.

"R-right.."

"Eunhyung and Jooin really is wise!"

'Wow...' Ham Dan-i was amazed by Eunhyung's skill at handling this kind of situation, Jooin too of course.

"Of course it would be rude to do that, yes seonsaengnim?"

"..."  Silent.

'Ah..she's still out of it..'

The whole class thought simultaneously.

Creaaaaak.

The classroom's door opened again, Alberu walked in and they were about to asked what had happened, however...

GASPPPPPPPPPPP!?

A gasp louder than anything ever were heard throughout the entire classroom.

They hitched their breaths and found it hard to be breath at this moment. It was then when alberu goes back in, they assumed that Choi Han would followed him afterwards but...

Oh dear god..

To their surprise, they saw Choi Han entering the classroom with another person. No, could 'they' even be called a person!?

Red.

That "person" they refer to has a hair colour as red as a blood with it's length ending exactly at the shoulder. Both sides of those locks were tied to the back and wrapped with a black ribbon that suited the colour of that "person's" hair.

The thin and small figure that seemed frail enough to touch make anyone standing before this lovely 'person' had the will to protect them.

And the way they took a step to the center of the class with a hair that swayed ever so gently were also very alluring that anybody could not take their gazes away. A simple word to described that "person's" appearance is... Ethereal. Pale snow white skin with a delicate, lovely face and a pair of beautiful auburn eyes tinted gold under a long droppy lashes.

Really, everything about that 'person' is mystical. Now they know why their homeroom teacher seemed to blanked out completely from the real world.

They too were currently in a trance at the "person" they couldn't tell whether they were a "she" or a "he" as they don't even looked like a human.

Perhaps...if gods has one and only favorite in the world, it would definitely, without doubt nor objections going to be that 'person'.

Nobody.

Nobody was saying anything. No. It's more like they couldn't say anything after witnessing that unreal sight.

Clap.

The sound of clap brings their trance mind back to reality.

It was Alberu.

"Everyone, please let our friend right here introduce himself..."

.....

....

...

"!!!"

'Him???????'

'Someone with such a beautiful and ethereal looks is a 'HE!?'

Everyone couldn't believed the words they'd just hear.

Slide. The sound of a gliding chair were the next thing happened as they were still in their disbelief state. Once again, Kwon Eunhyung is coming to the rescue.

"Please go on ahead, we were excited for him to introduce himself, right everyone?"

"Ah.."

They then realized that all this time they've been silence, maybe it could be seen as a rude act and hurting his heart.

"Yes!"

"Please told us your name!!"

"You're so pretty!"

One students after another voicing their enthusiasm. Then, they saw the redhead bowed his head elegantly.

"Thank you"

A delicate voice thanking them coming from the most beautiful person they've ever seen send electricity to their veins that in no second...shades that was even redder than tomato appeared in all the student present's face.

The boy continued to gracefully introduced himself.

"My name is Cale Henituse"

"Nice to meet you"

One last bow, and he finished his introduction.

.....

....

...

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"WOW WHAT- HENITUSE!?"

"Waahhhhhh how is he so beautiful (╥﹏╥)!?"

"CALE, YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!"

"YOU LOOK LIKE AN ANGEL!"

"Isn't he actually is??"

"NO. HE LOOKS LIKE A GODDESS! OR GOD??"

"All three of you are so majestic!"

(A/N: Caleism, heh.)

Words of admiration were thrown to Cale, Alberu, and Choi Han by the whole class except a few.

Meanwhile...

***

Ham Dan-i.

'It's him'

Ham Dan-i instantly understood that if this world were a novel..the main character would definitely be him.

However it's strange..

'Didn't he said he's a boy!?'

'Then is it Ban Yeoryeong who's the main character???'  Dan-i's mind were turning very quickly at this moment. She too were obviously in a daze while ago and had just get back to her sense after admiring Cale Henituse's looks but...

She looked at Yoo Chunyoung, Kwon Eunhyung, Eun Jiho, Woo Jooin, and Bae Yeoryeong in order.

Through the loud ablaze of the room, the five of them were the only one who's not shouting just like everybody else..well including her. But Ham Dan-i could tell that they were really interested at Cale because their eyes were completely set at him.

"He's pretty..."

See?

Even Bae Yeoryeong who were previously uninterested at Alberu and Choi Han were complimenting his looks.

...

But then this novel's genre...

'Ah!'

Dan-i finally came to an answer as she started to draw a scenario in her head with a serious expression.

[ A young lady from a prestigious family has to hide her identity from her childhood best friends. She could only revealed her secret when they grew older. However she found out later that the two of her friends had been secretly bear a feelings towards her!? ]

That could be it!

'But..what about Ban Yeoryeong and the 4 boys...?'

Ham Dan-i thought this could be a plot for a harem novel...

...

'Pfft unbelievable'

If this shit's actually real then she must've been crazy... Dan-i comes to a conclusion that all of this were not real.

'Yeah. This had to be a dream'

She nodded her head in repeat then looked forward once more. The teacher now allowing Cale, Alberu, and Choi Han to sit. Dan-i's eyes were tracing the movement of Cale Henituse followed by the other two looking for their seat that had been assigned by the teacher.

They got the seat of the third row in the back if you counted from the right side, placing them exactly in the middle of her row and the 4 handsome guys row.

Cale sat with Choi Han in the very back, while Alberu sat right in front of them with one of their classmates.

Stare.

Stare.

'Damn..their aura is no joke' Even now their attention, with Ham Dan-i included, was still placed fixedly on the three of them, especially Cale. Well..you mean who could blame them when they were practically shining, right..

"Ahem!"

"Let's begun today's agenda"

***

"You guys have made it to this school, so you had to do your best and...."

The teacher has started her boring lecture since a couple of hours ago.

Screech.

"?"

Ham Dan-i and the others nearby who hear that quiet sound, curiously stealing glances at the source.

"Oh.."

SHUSSHHH .

Alberu, who heard them made a noise seemed to noticed it. He made a hush motion while smiling towards them.

'Urk'

That went straight for their hearts.

Blushing, they nodded their head lively in silence.

It was because, in the middle of the class, Cale Henituse were sleeping so peacefully without even minding the world. Choi Han next to him sometimes would pay attention to the teacher while mostly would just get back to watched Cale sleeping so soundly with a gentle smile on his face.

'So cute...'

It hasn't even been a day, yet they were already being swooned all over by the foreign students interaction's.

And so they occasionally shifted their attentions back and forth between the teacher and Cale until the 1st lunch break finally started.

***

"Enjoy your break"

The teacher left the classroom after she said those words.

The class were now chit chatting with each other while some goes to the school's canteen to take their lunch.

Ham Dan-i was unsure what to do right now.

"Hey"

"Oh, hello"

The girl next to Dan-i started to talked to her.

"What do you think about them?" She asked Dan-i while sending the code through her eyes. It was for Cale, Alberu and Choi Han.

"Oh.." At first, Dan-i was skeptical but now that she believed that all of this were not real... Her face turned serious as she played along.

"They're otherworldly"

The girl's eyes sparkled then she nodded approvingly.

"Right! I am wondering how someone could ever be so perfect"

"I agree!"

The girls in front and back also joined in their conversations.

"Don't you think alberu looks like a prince!? I want to marry him.."

"Nonsense!"

The girl next to the one who just spoke retorted, "Peasants like us should know better our place!"

"Right..." She didn't retorted back, and the others also nodded in aggrement.

'Wow. I'm amazed at how you even called yourself peasants... Though i couldn't disagree-'

"He came from the Crossman family after all..."

The conversations continued.

"Yeah..i saw him once on TV. I fell in love again after seeing him in real life!"

"I heard he earned many medals since he was a kid, he even had started his lesson to be the heir of his family!"

"Wow so cool! he's not only handsome, but he's also very smart and looked kind... Who wouldn't fall for him!?"

Right.

Ham Dan-i thought it was to be expected of one of the male lead candidates. Smart, gorgeous, and rich. He's surely going to have a promising future ahead of him.

Then the topic turned from Alberu to someone else.

"I fell hard for Choi Han the moment i saw him tho..he's gonna be such a handsome man in the future!"

"That's true. He looks so innocent..my heart melts everytime he smiled at me"

"Doesn't the way he protect Cale so cute!? He looks like his knight!"

"Yes! a knight and a beauty.."

They then squealed again.

Ham Dan-i could only stared at them blankly as they blabbered around and squealed everytime they mentioned one of the boys. In the middle of the conversations, they asked Dan-i about how she was going to school with Woo Jooin and Eun Jiho. 

Though, she brushed it off as nothing much, and they continued on with their gossip afterwards. This time they talked about the 4 boys sitting beside the windows.

Starting with how Eun Jiho was similar to Alberu in many aspects, then the cute Woo Jooin and Kwon Eunhyung who was the model students of the school, and last but not the least the cool Yoo Chunyoung.

She cringed almost instantly when one of them gave the idea to name the 4 boys the Four Heavenly Kings. She wanted to get up and leave. This kind of thing is only acceptable in novels, but not in reality!

"What about the three of them then??"

They turned their attentions back to the three 'foreign' boys this time.

"Right, i couldn't think of a name because they were on a completely different levels y'know??"

"Mhm..it is hard"

Their struggle were apparent on their face.

God. Ham Dan-i wanted to leave, but she couldn't do it apparently because now their seats were crowded by girls.

"Oh look. Cale woke up!"

One of the girls said, and they snapped their neck instantly to the one they just referred.

As they said, Cale Henituse has woken up from his sleep. Though just waking up, his face is still looks as flawless as before. His cheek had a bit of a sleeping mark and his hair were bit messy but that only made him looked cute.

Choi Han then seemed to whispered something on his ear.

Smile.

As soon as Choi Han moved from his ear, Cale Henituse smiled. It was just a small smile but the effects were no joke. It was more so after the sunlight that came through the window fell exactly at his face, it was as if the sun were greeting the chosen and loved one.

Once again, he looks so ethereal.

"Gasp"

"I must be on heaven right now"

"Is he even a human..."

"I think i saw an angel fell from the sky"

'He's sitting, not falling right now' Ham Dan-i, despite also mesmerized, still correcting one of her classmates' word.

"MMMPH"

Dan-i looked to the side after hearing the muffled sound. Though, she's immediately taken aback by surprise. 'What in the..'  She couldn't even utter any comments as she was in great disbelief.

It was one of the boys nearby. He is..nosebleeding as he placed both of his hands on his nose to hold the blood. He immediately sprinted out when he noticed some of the classmates' eyes directed at him, his friends also followed along.

"..."

Ham Dan-i's disbelief soon faded as she herself understood that it was kind of expected. But indeed, this novel-like scenario tire her out already, and she decided to logged out of the game for a moment. Seriously though, she needs a break alright...

"A God..."

Snapped.

Ham Dan-i snapped her neck stiff in a one swift motion. She saw one of the girls who blurted out those words looking at Cale with her mouth agape and a look of reverie on her face.

'WHAT'

A chills different from her previous one filled her body.

She looked around and saw everyone who turned into stone while some of their mouth opened like a goldfish in a complete awe.

...

That's it.

Ham Dan-i couldn't take it anymore. She would pretend not to see that madness and just go. She can't bear to be in the same room with these people who seemed to be losing their mind. As she was about to stand up, Ham Dan-i came to an halt on her position.

It was because of Eun Jiho who usually looked apathetic, stood suddenly while heading to Cale's seat, surpsising everyone in the room. Followed by his steps, girls sitting on around that side were about to spit their hearts out of their mouth, it was the same with the boys.

With everyone's eyes set on the two of them, Eun Jiho who now stood exactly at Cale's side, started to speak.

"You. You're the one who passed the placement test with a perfect score?"

"Hm?"

Cale, who was previously on a daze, shifted his eyes to Eun Jiho.

"What do you want?"

GASP. Much to their surprise, it was Choi Han who answered him. He glared at Eun Jiho and asked him in a cold voice.

Eun Jiho frowned and retorted back, "I wasn't talking to you"

"So what? I don't care" And Choi Han dissed his words while keeping up a cold expression.

'Wow..'

'Who knows he had this side of him..i thought he was all innocent' Ham Dan-i was sure that everyone, not only her were shocked to see this unexpected side of Choi Han.

BZZZZTTT.

Eun Ji-ho and Choi Han were staring at each other so fiercely Ham Dan-i was even afraid an electric spark would occur. The stare were so intense it was as if they were trying to crushed each other.

"Ha..."

A soft and small sigh broke the tense atmostphere. Cale, who let out that sigh, called out sternly.

"Choi Han"

"Yes, Cale-nim"

With once call from Cale, Choi han immediately retracted his gaze and was now looking at him.

"Ha!"

Eun Ji-ho sneered and Choi Han couldn't care less about what he said. At that moment, Cale asked Eun Ji-ho, "What is it?"

Eun Ji-ho who now had an annoyed face, answered, "I was asking if you were the one who scored a perfect score in the placement test" . Cale, who listened to Eun Ji-ho attentively blurted out a confused noise after Eun Ji-ho finished his words.

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

...

Eun Ji-ho was also feeling confused that he even responded the same way as Cale. Cale's face looked dumbfounded as he turned towards Alberu who had an amused look on him. Alberu then asked Cale in a soft voice.

"What is it, dongsaeng?"

Cale opened and closed his mouth a few times, he looked at Alberu for a few more seconds then turned back towards Eun Ji-ho.

"Isn't one of the questions on the math test have a wrong context?"

"Then there's no way i had a perfect score"

"What?"

Eun Ji-ho frowned as if he had no idea what Cale was talking about.

"Number 52. It was supposed to multiply the area of the shape, but due to mistyped, it made us can't divide it, right?"

Instead of answering, Eun Ji-ho had a surprised look on his face. Seeing Eun Ji-ho not responding, he looked around to see if anyone realized the problem. Many students flinched and blushed when Cale looked at them. They then responded to his gaze awkwardly.

"Haha..i didn't even realized it"

"Did we even have a questions like that? haha..."

"N-no. I give up after number 40!"

Ham Dan-i looked at each of the students who answered and started to have a thought.

'My reactions are the same. How did he even realized a wrong question on that hellish math paper!?'

'He even got the answer's right. As expected of the main character...'

Ham Dan-i's mind were telling her that a genius as the main character really is too op.

"I answered B, but i thought that my answer's already correct..."

"Mhm. Same with me"

Choi Han and Alberu also looked like they have no idea about it.

"It's true"

A girl's voice sounding from the right corner of the class.

It was Ban Yeoryeong.

All eyes immediately turned towards her.

"I answered B because i thought that was the closest answer" Said Ban Yeoryeong, continuing her explanation.

At that moment, Eun Ji-ho spoke to Ban Yeoryeong.

"You're the second place?"

"Yeah, so what?"

She replied to Eun Ji-ho's question with a cold attitude. And so, the second's death staring contest started.

...

Eun Ji-ho surprisingly retracted his gaze first, he then sneered once more. Ban Yeoryeong also looked away, and that ends their bickering.

"Cale, what's your answer?" Alberu asked Cale, who had a blank look on his face. "E" Cale answered shortly.

"Hm?"

"I wrote down an E choice with my own answer. That doesn't mean my answer have to be correct..." Cale explained himself as he trailed off in the last sentence.

Smile.

"Then that's settled it, right... Eun Ji-ho?"

Alberu looked at Eun Ji-ho with a smile that felt cold for some reason.

"..."

"I won't go easy next time" Eun Ji-ho scoffed as he said those words, he then walked away while waving his hand.

"Wahhh that was crazy!!!"

"Cale is so cool! He got the beauty and the brain OMG!"

"Eun Ji-ho could sneered at me and i would be happy..."

"Choi Han's side earlier was so unexpected. I love it though!"

As the earlier drama finally came to an end, the class got back to it's lively mood. Then, a golden-brown haired boy jumped into Cale's seat and held his hands.

It was the cute looking and sociable boy, Woo Jooin. Cale, whose hand being held so suddenly looked back at Jooin in surprise. Choi Han frowned while Alberu observed Woo Jooin attentively.

Woo Jooin smiled brightly to Cale as he spoke.

"Woahhh i am truly amazed. You're the first person who made Eun Ji-ho dumbstruck like that. That was so fun!!"

A words from Eun Jiho in a few distant saying "I could hear you" were heard, But Woo Jooin ignored him and continued, "You're also the first one to beat him in terms of grades!"

After hearing that, Cale's face stiffened before it went back to normal. He then replied with a stoic face, "Are you close to him?"

"Oh?"

Woo Jooin now seemed happy that Cale also showed an interest on him. He beamed and responded back, "Yes, Eun Jiho and i have been friends since we were young. Oh, i am Woo Jooin!"

Cale stared at Woo Jooin who introduced himself with a big smile. Later, he re-introduced himself so that they were even.

"Nice to meet you, i am Cale"

Woo Jooin's smile became even wider.

"Yes! Let's be friends, Cale!"

"Sure" Cale answered shortly, his face still as stoic as before. Woo Jooin and Cale began to chat while Alberu and Choi Han also chimed into their conversations. With Woo Jooin's and Alberu's sociable skills, they were now chatting as if they've been friends since a long time ago.

However...

"Um..your hand-" Cale muttered in a quiet voice, looking down at his hand.

"Ah.."

Ham Dan-i and the others could see that Cale was feeling awkward because all this time, Woo Jooin were talking to him with his hand still attached to Cale's.

'Awwwwwww'

They cooed at Cale and Woo Jooin's interaction.

"HEHE!" Instead of apologizing, Woo Jooin just let out a cute laugh and grinned.

'This look like something that would came out freshly from the TV series..also that damn "you're my first" dialogue..'  Ham Dan-i lamented resignedly in her mind. Her gaze unintentionally fell on the remaining Four Heavenly Kings. She then noticed that all of them had their gaze fixed on Cale right now.

Yoo Chunyoung still had that cold expression on his face. However, his blue eyes gazing at Cale seemed to have some kind of interest upon him. Kwon Eunhyung, on the other hand, stared at Cale with a smile. And Eun Ji-ho, who she expect would harbor a grudge against Cale, only looked at him with a flat expression.

Ham Dan-i, no. All of the people in the class were looking at Cale.

And Cale, the person who had the most attention on him right now just stared blankily at nothing. He seemed to have a lot on his mind.

If Ham Dan-i could explain this, it was like you're watching a play right in of you.

'Haha..'

Ham Dan-i just wanted this dream to be over as soon as possible.

***

"Haaaaaaaa...."

Look at how the situations turned..

Heaving a loud sigh, Ham Dan-i had no choice but to accepted reality.

"The world really turned into a webnovel.." She muttered weakly as she hold onto the novel she had read yesterday. Ham Dan-i had done some researches that confirmed her hypothesis even more.

' Webnovel... Didn't exist'

She had even dove deeply into the website yet found nothing related to a webnovel, instead a common physical book novel was all she could find. It explains why those strange and conspicious hair colour were seen as normal in this world. She tossed the novel on her hand onto the bed.

Ham Dan-i stared at it for a moment and then..

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

BAMMM.

"Dan-i! What is it!?" Dan-i's mom were banging on her door, feeling worried at her only daughter who could be going mental. Ham Dan-i, the possibly mental daughter, feels kind of refreshed after venting her frustation out loud. She got up from her curled up position as she responded to her concerned mother.

"I am fine, mum.."

"You sure??"

"I am!"

"Well, alright..." The room soon became silent again as Dan-i's mom seemed to moved away from the door. She was going to asked Ban Yeoryeong about what happened at school without Ham Dan-i knowing.

"..."

No words said, Ham Dan-i reached for the calendar and marks a date with a circle on it.

2 March 2007.

Inso's started.

The start of a webnovel!

Webnovel was a place where crazy, complicated, and scary stuff happened in the main character's life. She obviously didn't wanted to get involved in those cliche and complicated mess because she knew it wouldn't do her any good. The first step was to stayed away from the main character who always attracted troubles around them.

Cale Henituse and Ban Yeoryeong.

The main character could either be one of them.

If it is Cale, she didn't have to worry because Dan-i was sure that he, along with Choi Han and Alberu wouldn't even take an ounce of interest towards her.

The problem was Ban Yeoryeong.

'When we got home from school together, i could tell that she really think of me as her best friend..'

Her desperate face says it all.

"..."

Ham Dan-i pursed her lips.

'No. I couldn't waver'  She shakes her head. And with a determinded look, Ham Dan-i finally made up her mind. Starting from today she must distance herself from the main character, especially Ban Yeoryeong.

Hands clenched, she repeated those declarations in her mind over and over.

Right. She must...

She must..

I MUST.

﹒﹒﹒✹﹒﹒﹒

END OF CHAPTER

END'S NOTE: ⸙

Whooooohooo! Finally made it to one chapter!!

To be honest with you guys, I don't know if i should continue this fanfict or not... Maybe i will if a lot of you like it.

I'm on my last year of high school but yet here i am being stupid. Instead of studying I'm writing an fanfict instead...

This was also my first time writing so i am kind of lost sometimes but well it is fun either way.

English was not my first language, so please do forgive me if my grammars are messy and wrong in some parts of the story. But i think it was at least decent enough to read, and i know there would be more room to improve so..yeah.

The reason i am writing this fic were solely because of Cale tbh..i just love him so much y'know. I wanted to see him going to school and inso's law happen to be the perfect story to carved out my ideas so... Wait for more to come, yeah?

With Cale around, i wonder how much would he messed up the story hehehehe...

Guys, don't you like it when they get overprotective over our Cale-nim..?

Ahem. ( ¬‿¬ )

The next chapter will finally be Cale's POV. Think of this chapter like an introduction, let's say i had to do a light stretching to understand the character of the previous MC, Ham Dan-i.

Well, let me know what you thought about this fic. Whether i continued it or not it was up to your response..

Then, see you in the next chapter?

( The original novel belong to their respective owner. Yoo Ryeo Han-nim owned TCF and Yoo Han Ryeo-nim owned Inso's Law!

If you haven't read one of these novel, please read it! It's both an amazing novel! There's also a manhwa version of them! )

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 2K 19
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 ๐Ÿ†
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
586K 52.1K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
136K 5.9K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...