๐“๐Ž ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š...

็”ฑ _KRXPTX_

"๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š... ๆ›ดๅคš

TO HELL AND BACK
PART I | THE HUNTER EXAM
ARRIVAL x AND x INTRODUCTIONS
UNFATEFUL x ENCOUNTER
UNEXPECTED x TASK
BIT x OF x MAGIC
THE x TRICK x TOWER
KILLING x TIME
DREAMS x AND x DEMONS
ZEVIL x ISLAND
TROUBLE x FINDS x YOU
FRIENDSHIPS x AND x FEELINGS
FINAL x PHASE
FAREWELL x FOR x NOW
PART II | HEAVENS ARENA
TO x THE x TOP
WE x MEET x AGAIN
PLAN x OF x ATTACK
ELECTRIC x SHOCK
PRICKLY x GUEST
MASTER x AND x STUDENT
ASSASSINATION x JOB
MISSION x ABORTED
HISOKA x VS x KASTRO
SURPRISE x SURPRISE
ONE x STEP x CLOSER
WOLF'S x DEN
PROMISE x ME
DEATH x MATCH

RECOVER x AND x REGROUP

180 13 4
็”ฑ _KRXPTX_

Kira ~

I limped through the corridors, trying to make it back to my room. It was great and all, having won my first match, but now I had to deal with the damage I had taken. During the fight, my adrenaline had dulled the pain but now the electricity burns on my left leg stung like a...

I shouldn't finish that sentence. Although, I did have a lot of colourful words in mind. I glanced down at my leg, seeing the jagged red wounds along my calf and around my ankle. Fortunately, my Nen offered some protection and reduced the damage. 

Nevertheless, this was going to be a pain in the ass to heal. I shuddered at the sight of my own bloody leg. I immediately hated the idea of having to clean that up. I wished Riehlvelt had just broken my leg instead, preferably in a clean snap. Why did he have to make the injury so messy?

Suddenly, I felt a wave of bloodlust wash over me. I panicked initially, knowing that I was in no condition to withstand another battle. Then I realised that this malicious aura felt strangely familiar. Slowly, I looked up.

Ah, as I thought. The clown had made an appearance. In the heat of the fight, I had almost forgotten about him.

"Looks like you need a hand," Hisoka commented idly. 

"You think so?"

He smiled and picked me up, careful not to strain my injured leg. Normally, I would've pushed the creep away but right now, I really didn't feel like walking. In fact, I didn't feel like moving at all. I rested my head against his shoulder as he carried me to his room. 

"You missed my fight."

"Who said I did?"

"I didn't see you amongst the spectators."

"Yes, I was indeed a little late," he admitted. "My apologies. But I did arrive in time to see the good part."

"You mean when I got electrocuted?"

He laughed lightly as he brought me to his bathroom, filled with the scent of cotton candy and roses. "A real shock, wasn't it?"

This bastard. I gave him an annoyed look. "You could've warned me."

"Oh, but I did." He said, setting me down on the edge of the bathtub. 

"Maybe letting me know that his whips were charged with 1 000 000 volts of live electricity would've been helpful."

"But that would ruin the surprise. What's the fun in that?"

Yes, very fun. This was all just entertainment for him. If I had died in that fight, great, and if I didn't, even better. It only meant that he got to keep his toy for a little while longer. Not that any of this mattered to me. As much as he was using me, I was also using him to achieve my own objective. 

Hisoka knelt down in front of me and inspected the damage. "I didn't expect you to charge in so recklessly again, after that first shock. It was careless of you, Kira."

"Thanks for the reminder." I winced as he cleaned my wounds with running water. Now that the blood was washing away, I got a better view of my seared flesh. I looked away.

He handed me a metal flask. "Drink, it helps."

"What is it?" 

"Vodka."

That was a good enough answer for me. I took the flask and drank deeply, feeling the liquid burn down my throat. The pain dulled a little as my body heated up from the alcohol. 

Hisoka proceeded to carefully close up my wounds with Bungee Gum, before covering them with bandages, transformed by Texture Surprise. His aura was surprisingly gentle and made the process relatively painless. 

"Thank you." Until now, I had never truly appreciated the versatility of his Nen abilities. I traced a finger over the wounds. It still hurt but his work looked seamless. From a distance, it would appear as if my injuries had healed overnight.

"My pleasure," he smiled cheerfully. "The Texture Surprise will stay in place for as long as I'm close by, so don't go too far."

"I don't plan on it." At least, not anytime soon. 

Hisoka ~

Picking Kira up, I carried her into my bedroom. Come to think of it, she hadn't even stepped foot in her own room since arriving on the 200th floor. No wonder she was struggling to find it while trailing blood through the corridors. 

I laid her on the bed gently, making sure she was comfortable and not further straining her injuries. She was more compliant today and didn't fight back at all. Rather, she was in no position to do so. The fight had left her physically and mentally exhausted. 

I leaned down and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Go to sleep now, Sweetheart. I'll be right outside if you need me."

"What about you?" She asked, looking up at me with her round silver eyes. 

I smiled. I guess she could be adorable when she wasn't being aggressive. "I'll sleep on the couch." That was a lie, of course. In order to keep the Bungee Gum in place, I would have to remain conscious for the rest of the night, but Kira didn't have to know that. It was better for her to think of me as invincible and believe that my abilities were effortless. 

"Unless, you would like my company?" I asked teasingly.

As expected, she turned down my offer. "I think I can do without it."

"Your loss," I said and then stood up to leave. 

But she stopped me again, holding onto my arm before I could take a step. "Hisoka, why are you helping me?" Her eyes bore intently into mine, searching for a genuine answer. 

I sat down on the bed beside her and gently placed my hand on her cheek. "I thought I had told you already," I said with a smile. "Sweetheart, you're mine. And I can't have my precious toy dying on me. For as long as you're mine, I won't allow anyone else to kill you."

She shook her head and sighed, as if she wasn't satisfied with my response. "Am I supposed to say 'thank you' to that?" She asked with a dry laugh.

"Say what you want, but it will make no difference." Despite my own capricious nature, I was set on Kira. I didn't think anything would be able to change my mind. "Now, get some rest. I'll just be in the living room."

I could feel her stare follow me as I left the room. I closed the door behind me, hoping she would appreciate the privacy and actually get proper rest. She had taken more damage than I would've liked. While spectating, there was a point when I wasn't sure if I could restrain myself from interrupting the match. With each time he hurt her, I could feel my composure unravel, urging me to strangle the man with his own whips. 

If it wasn't for her Nen sustaining her, Kira wouldn't have won the fight. But she had an unnaturally large amount of aura, which shouldn't even be possible, for a human to hold so much life energy. And yet, with that incredible aura at her disposal, her Nen was rough and unrefined, as if she had spent more time dedicated to suppressing than utilising it. Almost as if she was scared of using it. 

For her to break past that psychological barrier, it was crucial for her to get her revenge. I would do anything to see that happen. She had so much potential, it would be a waste not to unlock it for her. Ah, I can't wait.

As I sat down in the living room, I felt my phone vibrate with a message. The spider has reached out. I glanced at the screen in annoyance. They liked to do things a little too fast for my liking. 

Shalnark: The target is currently staying at the Royal Ritz Hotel, which he owns. Security would be high during this period and the boss wishes to be discreet. You are not permitted to kill a mafia member who is not the target. The optimal time to strike is on 19/03, at 20:00, when the target leaves for Yorknew City. You must kill him before he boards the airship. 

As expected of the troupe's chief information gatherer. That saved me a lot of research. However, I wasn't very fond of the restrictions Chrollo had given me. He wanted a clean assassination, knowing it wasn't in my area of expertise.

Shalnark: Messages from this number will auto-delete in 30 seconds.

A timer showed up on the screen and began counting down. I quickly memorised the details before the messages disappeared, along with the contact details. I didn't even get the chance to respond. March 19, eight o'clock in the evening. I had better clear up my schedule. 

I sighed and leaned back in the chair, gazing out the window. From this height, the city below looked like a sea of lights, each one small and insignificant. If one were to dim, it would make no apparent difference to the city as a whole. But up here in Heavens Arena, lives had value, and that value depended on one's power. 

Kira ~

I was finally alone but I couldn't fall asleep. It had been over an hour, the alcohol had helped with the pain but now I was sober enough to form clear thoughts again. I tried to close my eyes but my mind wouldn't relax. I could still feel Hisoka's presence in the next room and wondered if he was asleep.

As much as I appreciated his help earlier this evening, I couldn't understand why he was helping me. His vague answers only left me more confused. What was his real motive? Ever since we met during the Hunter Exam, he had heavily involved himself with my affairs. 

I absentmindedly traced my fingers along the wounds he had bandaged with Texture Surprise. Even without Hisoka's help, I wouldn't have died. I had suffered worse injuries before, considerably more fatal ones. If he had just wanted to keep me alive, he didn't need to go to this extent. 

I winced slightly in pain as I accidentally touched a particularly sensitive area. Hisoka was right, I was careless. If I wanted to even stand a chance against Azaro, I had to get stronger. Much stronger. But judging from the state of my leg, recovery would take some time. 

"Or you can let me help."

My eyes flew open upon hearing that voice. No, I can't. You'll take over again...

"But you need me to heal you. It'll only take a second."

It was right. Any injury I had sustained would heal instantly upon entering that demonic state. With such a fast rate of regeneration, my body was practically invincible. But I would have to risk losing control of myself. 

"You don't want to waste time, do you? Let me heal you so you can kill him."

I don't need you. My wounds will heal on their own.

"You still want to kill him, right? Let me heal you."

The voice harshened, sending a sharp pain piercing through my head. Yes, I do but not like this...

"Let me heal you, Kira. Let me out."

The raspy voice grew more and more agitated. The headache worsened, until it felt like my skull was going to split open. 

"Let me out. Let me out!"

No, wait...

"Let me out!"

I gasped in pain and my eyes involuntarily snapped shut. When they reopened, my vision was dark and distorted, as if a black screen was obscuring it. No, why is this happening again...

My surroundings had turned into indistinctive black shapes, except for a red spot, glowing faintly through the wall. It was Hisoka's aura. 

Kill him.

I felt my body lurch forward in response but I immediately pinned myself back down. No, I don't want to. I held myself down, forcing my eyes shut so I wouldn't have to see the glaring red light. Please, I don't want to kill him.

Eventually, my body ceased to thrash and the thirst for blood slowly receded. When I opened my eyes again, my vision was restored. The voice had gone away and in its place, I could hear my own heavy breaths.

For the remainder of the night, I stared at the ceiling, as thoughts ran rampant through my mind. I didn't dare to close my eyes again, in fear that the demon would take over. But being in that state was taxing. I could only last until dawn, when I glimpsed the weak morning light through the window, before the exhaustion overwhelmed me. Slowly, my eyes closed and my consciousness ebbed away.

~~~~

Kinda fluffy chapter. Kinda. 

I've noticed a change in writing style, compared to my previous chapters, especially the Hunter Exam Arc. Granted, those were written years ago. 

My new style reads a little nicer, more aesthetically pleasing, but I feel like my writing used to be funnier. Perhaps I just lost my sense of humour.

~ krypto

็ปง็ปญ้˜…่ฏป

You'll Also Like

Wrong number (HxH) ็”ฑ Caterpillar

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ฏด

956K 30.3K 99
You get added to the Phantom Troupes group chat, People want to adopt you, Hisoka is being Hisoka, And Shalnark and you form the suicidal squad! Or...
Inseparable ็”ฑ Kat

ๅŒไบบๅฐ่ฏด

111 8 6
Ash, a teen basically living on her own as her father is constantly leaving for jobs, is always alone. Then one day, she gets invited to watch the ci...
274K 7.5K 51
You, Y/n are Leorio's twin sister (non identical) and you take the hunter exam to reunite with your older brother! Seems wholesome, right? That's unt...
5.7K 348 60
Raine goes on an adventure to a deadly jungle with mythical beasts to get revenge on a former Spider who destroyed her home. She's trained hard to ke...