Crooked Smile, ㅤ ㅤSully.

By antonaut

'THAT'S A CROOKED SMILE BRACES COULDN'T EVEN STRAIGHTEN' sully x fem oc (topboy) More

important notices xx
1. lost ventures
3. bad idea
4. motion sickness
5. woman of truth
6. heart to heart
7. you came a long way but u went the wrong way
8. just a kiss
9. lost without u
10. tremors
11. wrath of man
note

2. instigator

1.3K 30 22
By antonaut

2. instigator

Laena's silver-studded heels make a click-clacking sound as they drum against the cold concrete path leading towards Sully's narrowboat.

She thinks this place is a shithole, and her sullen attitude is proven to be right when three men begin to leer at her from where they stand. One reaches out to grab at her, his bony hands grasping at her jacket, trying to touch skin. She slaps his hand away and he backs of immediately, baring his yellow teeth as though they are fangs, ready to sink into her skin. She shakes her head. 

Kissing her teeth, she weaves past the remaining men, ignoring their whistles and catcalling as she approaches Sully's boat.

Laena is not happy, haven been sent by Dushane to warn Sully of some meeting between them — she didn't ask for more than she needed to know, she does not like this business and refuses to wedge herself further into its claws. The more involved she becomes, the harder it is to leave, and she knows they won't let her go so easily. Anyway, Jaq had been unavailable and Dushane had found Laena to be only three calls away.

Laena cannot help the feeling of dread creep up her body, goosebumps rising on her skin, as she steps onto the boat, feeling it sway softly beneath her. The movement, though barely noticeable, causes her to stumble slightly.

Boats unnerve Laena. She's never been much of a fan of big bodies of water, specially not the murky waves beneath Sully's boat. She can't imagine how it must feel when they pound against the sides of the boat on stormy nights. She can almost feel the waves knocking into her, and she shudders. 

Kissing her teeth, Laena knocks on the door. Once, then twice. Gradually, her knocks become bangs.

The door swings open and Laena catches a glimpse of metal in Sully's hand. Instantly, she frowns, making clear her disapproval of firearms as she enters, pushing past a scowling Sully.

He is not happy to see her and his boat smells of cigarettes and aftershave, and Laena quite likes the smell. She ignores his remarks for her to leave. 

Her eyes wander the small boat, bony fingertips grazing against the wooden countertops. Her real estate heart winces at the poor interior design, though she can't help but admit that the place would sell for quite a bit above market value.

"The fuck are you doin' here?" Sully growls out suddenly, making her turn to face him. A scowl — which Laena's starting to think is permanent — etched upon his face. "'Cause it sure ain't to market my gaff."

Laena shakes her head then, smirking slightly as she speaks, "What, do I need an excuse to visit a dear friend?" she winks then, holding her hands up in mock defence.

Sully does not laugh.

She frowns then, shaking her head slightly. "You're no fun, Sully. You need to loosen up. You should try some of the drugs you sell, you know. Ease your conscience." 

She's laughing then and Sully's scowl only grows. "I'll ask you again, Laena. What the fuck are you doin' here? 'Cause I ain't laughing at your shitty jokes, you know."

Her laughter stops and she frowns, "retirements over, Dushane wants to see you," she cuts to the chase. "Something about your supplier — I didn't ask more than I needed to know."

Sully scoffs then, "Does he think I'm his dog?" He kisses his teeth. "Fuckin' dickhead, thinks he can call on me and I'll come runnkng.

Laena shrugs then, "Hate the message, not the messanger."

He ignores her prior statement, continuing. "I ain't doin' his bidding, you know. Fucking dickhead."

"Then don't," she deadpans, backing up towards the door, "your business literally does not concern me, I'm just doing Dushane a favour."

Just as she reaches the door, Laena stops, a thought entering her mind. "You've heard about Jamie, innit?" She asks thoughtfully, her eyebrows furrowed.

Sully's face morphs into an expression of anger, she's sure he won't be able to quench his hatred for much longer. "Yeah? Who the fuck does Dushane think he is."

"So you're calm with it?" Laena asks, prodding.

Sully kisses his teeth again, "Fuck no. Just 'cause Dushane's calm, don't mean I am. Dushane don't speak for me, you know." He turns to face her, his eyes burning into hers.

Laena looks away.

"Fucking dickhead," sully repeats. "Tell Dushane I ain't his little bitch. Tell him he can get his Jamie yute to sort it — I ain't doin' shit."

Laena nods, understanding. She's sure that Sully's mind won't change; he's far too stubborn to come to his senses. His disapproval and disdain for Jamie too deep to turn a blind eye, to forgive. 

Sully would kill Jamie one of these days, Laena could feel it — call it a third sense, or whatever you want, Laena knows it. She can see the fire in his eyes; the rage coursing through his veins. 

Personally, she thinks Jamie's just a little misled — doing all he can to provide for his siblings.

A sick world, she thinks. And she knows that she contributes to the misery endured by the grim-faced inhabitants, the wax-seal of misery plastered all over their faces. She knows that she is equally to blame, even if she is not the one selling the drugs. Her blatant 'obliviousness' and allowing it to continue make her just as complacent.

Laena is part of the poison she craves to cure.

"Oi, Laena. You good?" She might've  mistaken his words for genuine concern if it had not been Sully uttering them.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good," though she's on the sofa now, one hand rubbing her temples and the other on her heart.

"Did you take your medicine?" Sully asks, kissing his teeth. He's shaking his head at her, deep in thought.

She scowls, "Of course, I'm not an idiot," though truthfully she can't remember the last time she has. She doesn't like the effect the drug has on her, making her drowsy and depressed.

Laena can't help spacing out, and she can't help the pounding in her head and chest that follow. Her doctors had provided her with medication, finding that there seemed to be no illness — it was just something she'd had to live with, the little episodes that left her heart burning.

"How's Tash though," she asks suddenly, breaking the silence between them and switching the subject. "I miss that kid," she says as she stands, regaining her balance. 

Sully is still looking at her like he expects her to fall to the ground and never get back up again, his arms out and ready to steady her.

She hates feeling so helpless.

Sully smiles then at the mention of his daughter, "Yeah, yeah, she's good — nearly eleven, you know. She's growing." There's a shine in his eyes that Laena's only ever seen when he talks about Tasha or Jason.

"How long has it been since you last saw her," Laena asks softly, head tilted slightly to the side. She doesn't look at his eyes, just the stubble on his chin.

Sully shrugs his shoulders, "Lost count. Taylor won't let me see her. Doesn't want me causing trouble or suttin'. But she's good. Taylor's got that new man, innit. Been treating her good." He lets out a half-laugh, "She's got a proper mortgage and that, more than I could've given her." He stops then and Laena doesn't press further.

"I should go now," she's already at the door. She smiles then, softly. "I'll let Dushane know." And then Sully's cursing again and Laena realises that the gun has remained in Sully's hand this entire time.

author's note:
ending made me feel like shakespeare. i had the cylicle structure thing.

ALSOOO why is laena such an insitgator??? like i love her but calm down babe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
181K 4.8K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
113K 3.4K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.1M 38K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...