His Fairy

By WYLD_ROSE

Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson sh... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24

21

917 74 5
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Twenty One - Change of Scenery

I stare out at the setting sun from my bedroom window as I nod along to what Louis is saying even though he can't see me. "That's fine, thank you. I'll speak to you soon then."

Ending the call with a deep exhale I step outside and lock eyes with Noah who asks, "Everything okay?"

"They almost caught Ryan but people are helping him. He was spotted in Toronto last night." I repeat what Louis told me.

"Canada?" His brows raise in surprise. "That's random."

"Yeah." I shrug before taking a seat beside him on the couch. "He still wants me to move into a safehouse on Tuesday though just in case."

"I was thinking..." Noah trails off as he traces circles on my arm absentmindedly. "What if your safehouse was in Dallas?"

That makes me pull away from him in shock. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I don't want to go back home for the summer knowing that you're alone here with that maniac on the loose." He states with determined eyes conveying that he's made up his mind. "Is it possible to get you a safehouse in Dallas? We can spend the summer together at least – if you'd like that?"

"I-I hadn't really thought about that." I murmur, a little surprised that he wants me to go with him.

"There's also a big cabin at the back of my house. If you want I can talk to my paren –"

"No." I shake my head vehemently. "Ryan is still on the run and I won't put you or your family in constant danger like that."

"Faye –"

"You can't change my mind on this Noah. Either I stay at a safehouse in Dallas picked by Louis' team or I don't go at all." I state firmly and he backs down with an understanding sigh.

"If there is a safehouse available...what do you think then?" He asks albeit nervously. "I know you can't be seen but we'll try our best to be careful. I could show you around where I grew up and the ranch, take you out on some more dates or have date night at home."

"That does sound nice." I smile softly and he pulls me flush against him with a grin.

"Either I stay here with you or you come with me. I think if I left you I'd go insane with worry." He mumbles against my lips before kissing me tenderly. "If it wasn't obvious enough I like having you around West."

"You flatter me Jackson." I smirk before he pulls me onto his lap.

It's not a bad idea since the trial date has been set for August and the charges against Evie have been sorted. Sure, it'll suck being in a safehouse and perhaps not being allowed to go out as often but it's a hell of a lot better than being here; alone and miserable. As much as Abel has been trying to convince me to come back to Florida I feel really unsettled at the idea of stepping back into that house even if dad's gone.

"How about we raise it with Louis? See what he says?" Noah suggests and I hum thoughtfully before pulling out my phone.

I call Louis back and set him on speaker so that the three of us can discuss. Louis isn't opposed to the idea and quickly checks to see if it's possible, returning after a few minutes to let us know that there is a safehouse available in the city and very close to the police station. We discuss other details before eventually ending the call, me and Noah shooting each other excited smiles.

"Thank you Noah." I lean forward to peck his lips. "I haven't said it much in the midst of this mess but I..."

Am I really going to say it? I think to myself as my heart races with anticipation and nervousness.

"You...?" He chuckles with an expectant look as he caresses my cheek.

"I'm so lucky to have you, to call you mine. You've been so supportive and I appreciate you sticking with me." I intertwine our hands while a whole damn zoo stomps through my belly.

"You're mine to protect and care for baby." He murmurs as he twirls a strand of my hair around his finger before meeting my gaze. "I'll always stand by you."

"As would I." I smile nervously but our moment is interrupted by our phones buzzing with a notification.

"Shit! Are we late for dinner?" Noah laughs as he checks his phone. All of us have planned to meet up today to celebrate the nearing end of finals before everyone goes home for the summer. "They're leaving now so we better get –"

"I love you." I whisper but he hears me and his eyes widen in surprise.

His phone slips from his fingers and he sits up with a shaky breath, arms crossing over my back to keep me close. "W-What?"

"I love you Noah." I grin and run my fingers through his hair. "So damn much that it steals the air out of my lungs sometimes."

"You love me?" His voice trembles and I can only nod in response. "A-Are you sure?"

I burst out laughing at that and he curses under his breath with a sheepish smile, screwing his eyes shut with a shake of his head. "I'm sure Noah, in fact I have been for a while now."

"So have I." He smiles handsomely as the tips of his ears tinge with pink. "I love you Faye. Endlessly."

"Are you sure?" I mumble against his lips as I cup his face in my hands, his arms curling around me tighter. "I'm super clumsy and messy remember?"

"The messier the better."

"A total nerd." I repeat his words in between heated kisses.

"My sexy little nerd." He smirks as his hands cup my ass only to press my center against his obvious boner, showing me just how much I affect him. "But you're the sweetest and prettiest girl I know."

My breath hitches when he trails hot, open-mouthed kisses up the curve of my neck. "Noah..."

"Say it again." He demands huskily but then his eyes soften. "Please?"

"I love you."

"Again." He pleads adorably and I find my cheeks coloring.

"Noah!" I shake my head as I try to get out of his grip. "We're never going to get to dinner if you keep telling me to repeat it."

"Please? One more time." He whispers as he tugs me back into his arms.

"I. Love. You." I kiss him after each word.

He finally relents and we hurriedly get changed before rushing out the door knowing that we're already late. I call the elevator as Noah catches up to me before looping my arm around his and resting my head against his arm. Elation thrums in my veins and I don't think I've ever felt this happy.

"I said it first." Noah breaks the silence and my brows furrow in confusion.

"When?!" I exclaim in disbelief.

"Well not directly to you so it doesn't count I guess." He grins sheepishly as he puts on a baseball cap. "Our last night at Hunter's place, you were asleep."

"You're right, it doesn't count."

"Alright miss competitive!" He nudges my hip as we get into the lift.

"Says you!" I scoff with a playful shove. "I wish I was awake though to hear it."

He kisses my pout away hungrily like a man starved. "I'll make it up to you. We have forever after all."

Forever. With Noah. I like the sound of that.

***

Two Weeks Later.

It's a nice sunny afternoon as I punch in the code to the gate at the Jackson's home, holding onto the bag of lunch I've brought for everyone. Stepping into the driveway I hear the faint sounds of someone shouting but the further I walk I can't figure out where it's coming from. I look around for Noah only to find ranch hands going about their usual jobs.

"Noah! You're going to break the damn thing!" Voices I recognize as Evan's and Theo's shout in the distance.

"It's not fucking working!" I hear Noah yell back frustratedly. "What am I supposed to do?!"

"Hi sweetheart." Michelle waves me over from her vegetable garden.

"Hey Michelle!" I bend down to kiss her cheek in greeting before setting the bag of food down. "Can I help?"

"Of course!" She smiles warmly like the sun glittering high in the sky above. "I have crates there that we need to put these veggies into. Then we need to get them onto the back of Evan's truck."

"Sounds good!" I tie my hair back before getting down to business.

"Move! Go get that wrench there!" Theo's voice carries across to us in the wind causing Michelle to glance at me with a shake her head.

"Never mind them. They're trying to fix a tractor that broke down...about an hour ago."

"Well, if they get any angrier I brought lunch to calm 'em down." I chuckle as her eyes light up appreciatively.

"You're a doll Faye." She winks before pulling out some more produce from the earth. "Were you in town?"

"Yeah, just needed to grab a couple bits." I reply as I pass her the trowel.

She casts a quick look back at my guards that are spread around the property. "Any news on Ryan?"

"Nothing yet, no. I wish they'd just find him already but he hasn't been spotted after Canada." I grumble as I dust off my jeans.

I haven't been into town before since I arrived in Dallas and have only visited the Jackson's house once before today, not wanting to give away my location in case Ryan is around. Michelle and Evan had invited me over for dinner the night I arrived in Dallas with Noah. After checking out the safehouse we had met up with them and I told them as much as I could legally say. As expected they were understanding and supportive, regularly checking in on me through texts to see if I need anything.

"Everything will be okay. It's good that they've given you guards and a safehouse because at least your safety is a top priority for them too." She smiles reassuringly as we pick up a crate each to carry.

We continue to work for a while longer until Evan's truck is all loaded with produce ready to sell. By the time we've got buckets of feed ready for all the animals I notice Michelle slowing down a bit so I tell her to go rest. She's hesitant at first but eventually gives in and I continue with a bucket in each hand, looking at Noah driving the now fixed tractor out in the distance with Theo and Evan walking behind.

It takes me around forty minutes to get to each animal group but I enjoy it nonetheless especially the goats and horses. I trace the wooden plaque etched with 'Chip' housing a dark brown beauty, an amused smile quirking my lips when I remember why Noah named his horse that. Because the color of his coat reminds him of chocolate chips. I feed Chip before letting my fingers run through his mane and marveling over how soft his hair is.

I look over my shoulder when I hear someone step in and smile brightly at Noah who returns it. He sets down the bag I had brought before walking over and hugging me from behind, tilting my chin to kiss me sweetly before trying to deepen it. My body hums in pleasure only for it to scream in angry protest when I step back.

"Later."

"Chip won't judge us if we kiss in front of him Faye." He laughs while his thumbs rub circles into my hips.

"Yeah – well, you don't want to just kiss." I mutter with heated cheeks as I finish feeding the last horse in the stable.

"Can you blame me?" He pouts as he tugs me back into his arms once more. "It's been so long since I've been inside you."

I become even more flustered and he smirks at my wide eyes. "Wha –"

"How about we sneak off to the cabin at the back and –"

"No!" I whisper-shout even though it's only us. "Y-Your parents and Theo are here!"

"So?"

"So, no. Your kitchen's window literally faces the cabin." I break free from his hold and start walking over to where he set down the bag of food.

"But we'll be inside!" He all but whines as he throws his arms up in exasperation. "Upstairs even! The damn window of the bedroom faces the back so I don't see –"

"I'm going to go have lunch with the rest." I joke and hook a thumb behind me as I start walking backwards towards the door.

"Fuck no!" He scowls before grabbing my hand and tugging me back so hard I stumble into his chest. "When I suggested you come to Dallas it was because I'm selfish and wanted you with me every day, not for you to spend all your time with my family. I've barely seen you anyway in these two weeks."

"You're so greedy." I nip at his bottom lip eliciting a husky groan from him.

"Only for you." He rasps before stealing the air right out of my lungs with a passionate kiss.

"How about you spend the night with me?" I offer and watch his jaw clench tightly when I push up on my tip toes to whisper in his ear. "Fuck the word no right out of me?"

"Too long." He mutters and I almost feel bad when his voice is laced with need. "I need you now Faye."

"You can wait, no?" I murmur as my hand trails down to the bulge tenting his sweatpants. "For me?"

"Since when did my girl become a vixen?" He releases a sharp, shuddering breath before his forehead falls against mine. "You won't say no to me if I wait? I can have you all night long?"

"Until the sun comes up and even after that." I promise with a soft, featherlight kiss.

Our moment is broken when a ranch hand steps in and Noah immediately tugs me in front of him to hide his raging erection. I stifle a smile and wave at the young boy who only tips his hat at us, grabs what he needs before leaving without a clue as to what was going on.

"This is why I'm telling you to wait." I chuckle at Noah who only rolls his eyes playfully before taking Chip out. "What are you doing?"

"Taking you down to the lake to have lunch – well, late lunch now." He nods at me to step out of the stables and I walk out.

Noah helps me on before settling behind me and then Chip is galloping across the land towards the water, as if he already knows where to go without the need for guidance. A big smile graces my lips when Noah slips off my scrunchie to let my hair blow in the wind.

When we get to the big lake Noah leaves Chip by some trees before taking my hand and guiding me to a wooden boat. He helps me get in and then rows us out a little ways away from sight, eventually putting down the paddles so that we can have food. We talk about random things while the sun starts making its descent over us and I smile contently when the sky is painted with gorgeous hues of pinks and purples.

"It's nice here isn't it?" Noah breaks the silence and I nod. "Away from the city."

"I've realized I prefer it. I always thought I'd be a city girl though."

"So...in the future...you wouldn't mind us getting a place like this?" His eyes are intense as he waits for an answer.

We've never discussed what our future would look like together. "I would love that."

He smiles widely and with the sun's golden hour lighting him up he takes my breath away. "With a team of mini Faye's and Noah's running around."

At that my smile fades a little. "Yeah..."

"What's wrong?"

"Noah...I'm uh...I'm terrified of the idea of pregnancy and especially labor. I always have been." I gulp harshly as his eyes soften. "I-I know it's stupid –"

"It's not stupid Faye. Who told you that?" He frowns disapprovingly.

"N-Nobody...I just think that I should –"

"Faye." He stops me as he takes my hands in his. "It's your body and you're the one who's going to experience the changes, labor and everything that comes after birthing a literal human. Not me. Would I like us to have children? Yes. At the expense of you being terrified and anxious the whole time? Hell no."

Tears brim my eyes and I feel a lot lighter having admitted one of my biggest fears to him. "I would love nothing more than for us to have mini versions of ourselves. I really do want that but what if I'm never comfortable with us having children?"

"Then we can look at other options like adoption. We'd be great parents either way." He smiles reassuringly but it drops when I bite my lip still troubled. "Faye, we're still young darlin'. We've got time for you to decide what you want and no matter what it is I'll always stand by you."

"You're right." I nod and shoot him a reassuring smile. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"There you go being competitive as ever." I scoff playfully only to scream when he rocks the boat. "Noah!"

He stops and stares at me like I've hung the moon and stars for him. I look away shyly and hear him chuckle before he pulls me forward and his lips pin against mine. Ever so soft and sweet. A content sound escapes me and I feel him smile...right before the boat is tipped over forcefully.

"Noah! You bastard!" I shriek while he cackles loudly.

"Do you still love me?"

I can only shake my head in response, a smile threatening to break on my lips. No matter what I'll still love him until the end of time.

And even after that.

Update schedule is: two or three times a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 22 is already up on Inkitt! Follow the instructions below or in my announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

873K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...
1.7M 2.3K 3
"You're not serious right?" He gave me a bored look, turning around to face me completely. He brought his face a little closer and parted his lips t...
38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...