His Fairy

Bởi WYLD_ROSE

Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson sh... Xem Thêm

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

15

981 76 15
Bởi WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Fifteen - Violent Minds

Noah Jackson's P.O.V.

I walk out onto the field with Abel matching my stride as we grin each other. Classes and labs have finished for the day which means it's finally time to play soccer and determine who the best player is out of us. After a lot of persuasion Coach let us use the pitch under his supervision and so, we've made up the teams of both the men's and women's soccer teams for this game.

We warm up and discuss strategies with our respective teams as the bleachers fill up with whoever's heard of the match. There's a good turnout as many of our friends, teammates who play other sports and most of the student body are here. The sight of Evie makes me frown and I shake my head at the path she's gone down, sitting with the wrong crowd, and looking as miserable as ever. My gaze continues to roam the area until I find who I'm looking for.

Faye.

She walks over to the bleachers with her arm linked around Jess' as they laugh at something. I watch as Lilah catches up to them and hops on Faye's back with a cheeky grin. Faye squeals before twirling them around and in doing so we lock eyes. She smiles brightly and mouths a "good luck," before blowing me a kiss. I pretend to catch it with a chuckle before smirking at Coach Williams who stands there staring at me with narrowed eyes.

I run away before he can tell me to do laps around the field and make my way to my position. The game eventually starts with grey clouds rolling in but I warm up within seconds of running around. Abel doesn't hold back and his team are aggressive, clearly aiming to bring me down when he tackles me for the second time in fifteen minutes.

"Fucker!" I laugh as he holds a hand out to me with a mischievous grin. "That's how you want to play?"

"No idea what you're talking about man." He pats my shoulder before walking back to his position. "If you want to call it off –"

"Never said that!" I yell as the ball is kicked into the air once more and I jump up to header it.

I pass it to Dakota who crosses it to Kane, assisting him in scoring the first goal. The crowd goes wild and the game gets even more intense when Abel's team scores the second goal within two minutes of ours. I swear heatedly when Shane blocks Sarah from scoring but she bounces back stronger and volleys the ball into the net in one clean kick.

Taking a risk, I leave my position and dodge the players trying to make me fall as I sprint for Abel. He laughs loudly when I steal the ball and score another goal. I decide to play it safe for the next while and let everyone else work their magic, realizing that Abel has the same idea. By the time Coach whistles for half time my team is winning.

"That all you got West?!" I bellow before taking a swig of my water.

"You ain't seen nothing yet brother!" He yells which makes me chuckle breathlessly as I bring my team in for a huddle.

"We're two goals ahead so they're going to get even more aggressive, probably focusing on you guys so I need more energy and action. Abel's known for always getting some of you to move from position and if that happens we're fucked. Keep it tight and be just as forceful." I say to my midfielders who nod. "Mariah and Faizal, they're going to play dirty so we all need to keep an eye out and watch their backs. I need everyone to push hard and if we win this then dinner and drinks are on me."

"Come on guys, we've got to save Noah here from getting humiliated by his girl's brother!" Kane snickers and jumps back when I move to hit him.

The teams laughs at that before we break and run back to resume the game. Either it was the offer of free food or wanting to save my reputation but my team switches into a higher gear and we push back harder against Abel's team. Cold droplets of rain drizzle down and calm us as both sides run into some trouble with several violations before the pace picks up again.

Coach roars at us to get it together which makes me grin as I assist Mariah in scoring. I hear Abel scream out a curse before he all but speeds across the pitch, successfully kicking the ball in our net. He does a little victory dance which makes me shake my head before we resume the game.

"Let's go!" I bellow as Faizal misses a shot only for Sarah to come through and get it in. "Keep pushing! Finish this cheeky motherfucker off!"

"What he said but directed to my team!" Abel yells which elicits laughter from everyone.

Eventually, with a few seconds to go, I score the last goal marking us as victorious. The crowd erupts into deafening cheers and hollers as I run across the pitch. Abel walks up to me with a grin as we fist bump and hug each other, complimenting the other on a good game.

"Only because it's your turf." He jokes which makes me laugh as the rest of the team catch up to us to celebrate.

"In that case I look forward to losing the day I visit you." I reply just as Coach Williams pulls me into a hug before embracing Abel.

I move through the massive crowd on the pitch congratulating us before finally finding Faye and the girls. She smiles brightly as I run towards her and lift her up, her hair falling around us like a curtain as she presses her lips against mine. She tastes like mint and her lips are soft as usual, her sweet perfume intoxicating me as I set her down.

"Congratulations." She murmurs shyly while the girls tease us.

"Thanks sweetheart." I reply with a kiss to her cheek before I turn to the rest.

We walk back over to the players as the crowd starts to disperse and I frown when I spot Evie chatting to Abel who doesn't seem the least bit interested. I watch him light up in excitement though when he notices Faye walking up and excuses himself, hugging his sister tightly while she complains about how he's sweaty. He laughs at that before she moves onto the rest of the team.

Eventually we head inside to take quick showers and while I'm waiting for everyone to change I text all the players about dinner plans this weekend as promised. Most of us have labs so drinking during the week is not ideal and Coach would no doubt kill us.

We find the girls waiting for us by the bleachers and together we make our way to the parking lot. Mia and Faye are a little ahead than the rest of us while I chat with the boys about the game. We're all too distracted and it's only when I hear Faye's scream that I look up to find Evie's friends have formed a circle. The girls waste no time in attacking back while me and Abel push through in time to see Evie bang Faye's head against the ground violently.

"Evie! What the fuck?!" I roar and yank her up, shoving her towards the boys. "Grab her!"

"Faye! Wake up!" I hear Abel swear frantically behind me and turn to find her unconscious. "Fuck! Does anyone have water?!"

"Here." I rush forward with a bottle and flick water droplets on her face. "Faye? Wake up, baby."

"Fucking bitch punched her a few times!" Abel seethes and I ignore Lilah screaming in the back, glancing briefly to see her slapping Evie while the guys try to separate the two.

I'm shaking with anger as I try to wake Faye up. It gets harder to breathe the longer she's out and I feel like the world is spinning but thankfully, with a few more drops of water her eyelids flutter to reveal those pretty dark eyes. The panic in my chest eases and my heart calms down as Abel helps her sit up and lean against him.

"We need to get her to a hospital." I mutter as I wipe away the blood seeping from her cheekbone. "Faye? Can you hear me okay sweetheart?"

She only winces and groans in response, her eyes straining as she tries to focus on everything around her. I move closer into her line of vision to find that she's a little dazed still. I ask her if she can see me clearly and she shakes her head, whimpering in pain as she clutches her head.

"Concussion." Me and Abel confirm to each other at the same time.

"Dakota? Will you drive us to the hospital?" I gather Faye in my arms and feel my heart ache as she closes her eyes, her brows scrunched in pain.

"Of course! Come on."

I glare hatefully at Evie who only cowers in response, averting her gaze. "Hold her somewhere until I come back and deal with her."

"You got it boss." Kane nods as him and Shane tighten their hold on her thrashing arms before following Cruz to his car.

Abel grabs tissues before we get into the car and drive off. Lilah helps to clean off the blood while I focus on making sure Faye doesn't fall unconscious again. She seems to be doing okay as she stares out the window with furrowed brows and I imagine her vision is a little blurry. I cautiously caress her hand and watch as her gaze flickers to me, a lone tear escaping the corner of her eye once she blinks.

"I'm so sorry Faye." I croak as I lean down to kiss her forehead.

"N-Noah..." She whimpers before trying to sit up which makes me panic. "Sick."

"There's bags behind my seat!" Dakota instructs and Lilah whips one out before holding it up to Faye's mouth just as she vomits.

I rub her back as Abel turns around to the front, seemingly losing his mind as he rocks back and forth while muttering to Dakota to hurry up. Faye groans in disgust once she finishes and I wipe her mouth before tucking her close against me. I bite my lip hard as tears brim my eyes, blinking them away rapidly as we pull up to the hospital.

Carrying Faye out of the car we rush inside and up to the reception. It's busy but she quickly gets seen to before they take her away to clean up the scrapes. I watch as Abel goes with her since he's family while the rest of us wait. My leg bounces anxiously and my mind runs wild with ways I could kill Evie for hurting Faye. I feel like screaming until my voice is hoarse, the memory of Faye unconscious and bleeding on the ground driving me insane. It's all my fault. I wasn't paying attention.

Abel comes back after what seems like hours. "They've taken her for scans and examinations. She threw up again."

"Fucking hell!" Dakota breathes as he runs a hand through his hair. "Did the doctor say anything?"

"It's not a mild concussion but not fully severe either. He wants to keep her under observation for a few days." He sighs heavily but it's clear from his body language that he's furious. "They'll be moving her into a room soon and we can go in."

"Not overnight? Why that long?" Lilah asks worriedly and we look at Abel expectantly.

He swallows harshly as he meets my concerned gaze. "There's a little bit of swelling and she's feeling a lot of pressure because of it. She needs to stay in a little longer so they can help it go down."

"Fuck!" I whisper harshly as I hang my head, fighting the urge to punch something.

"Overall, he said it's nothing to worry about. She just needs a lot of rest." He explains as he takes a seat next to Lilah. "Which she's going to freak out over no doubt since finals are coming up soon."

That gets a quiet chuckle out of us and I look over to see Abel smile sadly. I text Kane to do me a favor and wait until Faye's been moved to a room before deciding to deal with Evie while she's asleep for the moment. The doctor tells us her scans and exams were fine but she had difficulty concentrating because of trouble with her vision which he assures us is temporary.

He advises to let her sleep for as long as possible and if she does wake up, not to crowd her. We thank him and watch him leave before I tell Abel that I'm going to go take care of Evie and that I'll be back soon. I start walking down the hallway with Dakota but we've only made it a few steps when he calls out to me.

"I noticed that girl staring and laughing at Faye during your return game but I didn't think it was anything malicious." Abel states before his eyes harden. "I need to stay with my sister so please...make her pay."

"I will." I promise before making my way out of the hospital.

"What are you going to do?" Dakota asks curiously as he drives towards Kane's dorm where they're holding her.

"Ruin her."

He smirks and we remain silent for the rest of the drive. It doesn't take long before we're marching into the building and up to Kane's floor where Shane opens the door. He nods his head towards the kitchen and I walk in to see Evie tied to a chair with her mouth taped shut, Cruz standing near her with his jaw clenched tightly. The sight makes me turn to him with an arched brow to which he just shakes his head in response.

"Kept running her mouth." He mutters as he moves to untie it. "Kane will be back any minute now."

"Thanks guys." I nod to them before taking a seat in the chair opposite my deranged ex. "What did I tell you Evie?"

"I-I'm sorry...I was just jealous." She cries, her makeup ruined from all the tears.

"And you thought it was perfectly acceptable to harm Faye because you couldn't control your own feelings?!" I bang my fists against the table as I yell which makes her jump. "I'm so fucking done with your shit Evie. This isn't normal!"

"This is all your fault!" She screams and I stare at her in disbelief. "If you just gave me another chance I wouldn't have had to hurt her! Why does she get everything?! She stole you from me first and couldn't bare me talking to Abel –"

"Abel is her brother you fucking psycho!" I roar, unable to stay seated as I rise and pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. "He wasn't even remotely interested in you anyways!"

"W-What?" She stammers with confusion swimming in her eyes.

"Where's your phone?" I ask before fighting her to grab it. I unlock it using her Face ID before calling her dad.

"Hey Eve. How are you?"

"Hi Rob, it's Noah. Do you have a minute?" I watch as Dakota covers her mouth when she opens it to scream.

"Sure, what's wrong? Is Evie okay?"

"She needs help!" I spit hatefully as Evie cries softly. "Did she tell you that she cheated on me?"

"W-What?!"

"Of course, she didn't. I'm sorry to tell you but your daughter fell into the wrong crowd it seems and lost brain cells along the way. Not only did she cheat but after the breakup she harassed me and just attacked my girlfriend who's now in hospital." I explain as my blood boils from having to repeat what's happened.

"No!" He breathes in disbelief and I roll my eyes. "N-No, you're lying! Noah, you know she's not like that! Evie?! Evie, is this true?!"

"Dad, I'm sorry!" She wails when Dakota uncovers her mouth upon my nod. "Please help me!"

"I have the police chief collecting footage from the college as we speak so don't worry, I'll have evidence for you soon! My girl is also going to press charges!" I smirk in satisfaction when Evie's eyes widen in horror. "And since your daughter chose to whore around before attacking my girlfriend out of jealousy a sex tape of her, that she willingly chose to film might I add, will be released if she's not out of the university and Massachusetts by tomorrow morning. Do I make myself fucking clear?!"

"Noah!" She screeches before Dakota shuts her up again.

"Noah, you can't do this! It'll ruin her life! Our life!" Rob yells in frustration which makes me chuckle humorlessly.

"That's exactly what I'm aiming for because I'm done. She's gone too far after I repeatedly told her to leave me and my friends alone." I utter darkly, wishing I could do more to get revenge for Faye. "You have one chance to get her the fuck out of my face before I ruin her life and destroy your reputation beyond repair. I know how much you value it."

I hang up without waiting for a response. Kane returns in that exact moment with his father in tow who's the chief of police here. "We got the footage from the college."

"I'll take it from here son."

"Good because we will be pressing charges. Her father knows and should be here soon." I clench my jaw as I look at Evie for the last time. "Thanks Uncle Louis."

"No problem kid." He squeezes my shoulder reassuringly before handcuffing Evie. "Get back to your girl and I'll be over soon to take a statement."

"Noah please! Don't do this!"

"You did this to yourself. Rot in hell for all I care Evie." I reply before Uncle Louis takes her out of the dorm.

"How's Faye?" Kane asks worriedly with Cruz and Shane sharing the same look of concern as they wait for me to speak.

"Not so good right now but she'll be okay. She's got some swelling in her brain because of the hit and blurry vision but the doctor told us it should clear up soon." I explain and their expressions turn to one of horror.

"Can we go see her? Or should we wait?" Shane asks and grabs his jacket when I nod.

"Abel says she's woken up and good to receive visitors. Doc said only one or two at a time though." I read his text as Kane locks up before we make our way downstairs.

Dakota drives us back and we stop halfway to grab Faye some flowers, the boys picking up chocolates and a card for her too. The atmosphere in the car is suffocating as worry pours out of us in waves and my leg bounces restlessly just wanting to be by her side already. I unlock my phone to see a text from Abel saying that the rest of the girls had arrived to check up on Faye too.

Eventually we arrive and I guide the boys to Faye's floor, insisting they meet her first because I know I'll take a while. Guilt overwhelms me as I sit outside waiting, knowing that it's my fault she's in there. I didn't think I'd have to do anything more than just warning Evie away from me. From us.

"Noah?" Dakota calls as he steps out. "She's been waiting for you."

I nod and take a deep breath before thanking the boys for their help today. Abel tells me he's going down for some coffee and I watch them all leave before stepping in. Faye's sat up in bed and smiles at me tiredly while my gaze roams over her scrapes and darkening bruises. Tears brim my eyes immediately and I feel like such a failure.

"Noah?" She frowns and her eyes widen when I sniffle. "Come here."

"I'm so sorry Faye, this is all my fault." I take a seat close to her on the bed, heaving in a breath as I caress the area under her scraped cheekbone. "I should've predicted she would do something."

"Yes, because we should always predict that every person is going to retaliate with violence if they're told no." Faye rolls her eyes before wincing as she moves. "She attacked me, not you. We're good Noah and I don't blame you at all. Please don't beat yourself up over this."

"Can I hug you?" I ask softly, unable to resist but I don't want to cause her any pain.

"You don't even have to ask." She grins which makes me smile.

I carefully hug her as tears escape the corners of my eyes, the faint smell of her floral shampoo comforting me. Faye didn't deserve any of this. She's already going through enough yet she's a total sweetheart to everyone. The fact that she got hurt easily when I was just a few feet away makes my blood boil all over again but as always Faye pulls me back down to earth and I sigh contently while she caresses my back. We stay like that for a while before I pull back.

"Hey..." She frowns as she wipes away my tears slowly. "I'm the cry-baby in this relationship."

That makes me laugh and I feel a little lighter seeing her smile. She's so beautiful it makes my heart ache. "I've taken care of her. She won't bother you again darlin'."

"My knight in shining armor." She giggles which makes me roll my eyes.

I take her hand and press kisses across her knuckles, caressing her cheek and admiring her as she closes her eyes with a soft sigh. "You mean so much to me Faye. Seeing you hurt killed me inside."

"I'm okay now." She reassures me with a sweet smile before gently tugging me forward. "Kiss? Please?"

"Anything for you." I whisper before pecking her lips gently. "Better?"

"All better."

I shake my head at her in amusement before peppering kisses all over her face and leaving her pouting when I pull away. Abel knocks on the door and pops his head in with his eyes closed, asking if it's safe to come in. We laugh at that as I move to sit in the chair beside her bed before Faye's served with dinner.

"Faye, you need to eat something." Abel pushes the tray closer to her while I peel off the cover of the yogurt.

"I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep for a while." She mumbles but eventually gives in when we encourage her to have a little bit of food. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I frown in confusion as I feed her some fruit.

"We were having such a good time and I ruined it."

"I'm about to give you another concussion. For someone who's smarter than me you're an idiot!" Abel snaps as he glares at her. "That bitch decided to attack you. You didn't do anything."

"You admitted that I'm smarter." Faye grins sleepily and I take that as my queue to move the tray away before covering her up with the blanket.

"Loser."

"A smart loser." Faye retorts before she laughs softly. "She thought...she said I was fucking Abel. Gross!"

"Get some rest Faye, we're right here." Abel tilts his head in the door's direction to me before standing and kissing Faye's forehead. She's fallen asleep already.

As soon as we step out into the hallway and the door to her room closes he turns to me demanding that I explain everything. So, I do because I owe him that much. I tell him what occurred right from the start about how Evie cheated on me to now while he sits there quietly listening.

"My sister better not be a rebound –"

"No! God, no!" I shake my head vehemently. "She's it for me."

He stares at me skeptically and crosses his arms. "Isn't it a bit early for you to know that?"

"I know but it all feels right with her. The only way we'd ever break up is if Faye wasn't happy with me anymore." I state firmly even though the thought alone kills me.

"Well...good. Because I'll break all the bones in your goddamn body if you ever hurt her or make her cry." He threatens and I nod, knowing I'd happily allow him too. "You're weird Jackson."

"What? Why?"

"It's weird seeing you all whipped and smiley. Usually you're a prick, always walking out onto the field looking as if you have no joy in your life –"

"I'm just focused on the game!" I sputter yet I can't help but grin.

"I know but would it kill you to smile for once?!" He laughs when I punch his arm lightly.

"I guess the credit goes to your sister then for bringing it out of me."

It was true. I can't help but look back on my previous relationship sometimes and notice the stark difference. Faye makes me feel a lot lighter and most importantly, loved. Like I'm important and that I matter. I don't know how I didn't realize that Evie was just suffocating me, it was always about her.

Maybe Faye was meant to come into my life and open my eyes. Show me what a real relationship looks like. Although I suffered from heartbreak I'm so glad that I met her and I'll do whatever it takes to keep her, to never let her go.

Update schedule is: two or three times a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 16 is already up on Inkitt! Follow the instructions below or in my announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
873K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...
1.3M 71.5K 42
[2022 WATTPAD BOOKS AWARD & WATTY WINNER: GETTING PUBLISHED 2025] There's a boy at Evergreen High that has a different girlfriend every two weeks, a...
166K 8.8K 30
Book 4 of the Jackson Series! Charlotte Davidson was dealt the wrong cards in her youth but when an opportunity to start anew presents itself she gra...