His Fairy

By WYLD_ROSE

Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson sh... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

6

922 78 13
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Six - Wounded Hearts

Noah Jackson's P.O.V.

It's a Thursday night as I walk into a frat house packed with a suffocating amount of people and music booming so loud it hurts my ears a little. The boys from the soccer team notice me straight away and holler at the top of their lungs causing everyone else around them to turn and smile brightly. Hands clap my shoulders and back in the form of congratulations for the victory today. I accept the shot Kane holds out to me and chuckle when he swiftly replaces it with another.

The night passes like usual; we play a few drinking games such as beer pong, truth or dare, seven minutes in heaven which I happily sit out from. I spot Lilah at some point during the night and she drags me to the dance floor where we bust out the dorkiest moves on purpose as if it's a competition and that causes people to shift away from us.

"Did Faye not come with you?" I ask as we make our way back to the kitchen for more drinks.

"Sadly, no. One of these days I'm going to convince her though." She grins mischievously as she mixes her drink.

"I don't see it happening. Partying isn't her thing."

"Which is completely fine like, I get it, but she can't say no to me forever!" She sings the last part with a cheeky grin but it drops when I shake my head. "You don't believe me? Want to bet on it?"

"Sure." I shrug with a lazy smile.

"Fifty bucks says I'll have her attend a party before her birthday." She proposes with a smug look.

"When's her birthday?"

"April fifth." She answers before wiggling her brows. "So? What do you say?"

"Fine but it has to be before her birthday, the day of won't count."

"Deal." She extends her hand to me and we shake on it. "Now, how about the same bet for your friend Dakota?"

That makes me laugh loudly. "All of us boys have a running bet already. Want in?"

"Obviously!" She smiles albeit drunkenly as she takes a seat on the bar stool.

"Okay so, we want to make him attend at least one party before the semester ends." I explain as I grab a bottle of vodka.

"I bet he'll go to that annual barbecue party the seniors throw. It's more his scene."

I pause before downing another shot. "Fuck! That makes more sense! I've bet that he'll attend the party we're going to throw for Shane next month."

"Guess you'll be owing me some dollars!" She winks before one of her friends enters the kitchen and tells her to come back to the dance floor. "I'm going to go but I'll see you later Noah! Enjoy the rest of your night!"

College students drunk out of their mind fill into the kitchen, crowding it immediately. The double doors remain wide open as they push to grab more drinks. I stay seated and look out onto the dance floor ahead catching a blonde-haired girl dance in time to the beat and throw a wide smile to one of her friends.

Our eyes connect. A clash of green. I look away but not before catching her say something to her friend and begin to walk towards me. Dread creeps up my spine intertwining its hand with anxiety and causing me to clear my throat, shifting on the barstool uncomfortably. From the corner of my eye, I spot her make her way through the dissipating crowd in the kitchen before standing entirely too close for comfort.

"Go away Evie." I mutter as I take a sip of my drink.

"There's talk about you hanging out with that awkward bore who works at the library. I heard you share a dorm with her. Is that true?"

"First of all, she's far from boring and second..." I pause as I down the rest of my drink in one go and stand. "What I do and who I spend my time with is none of your concern."

"What's her name?" She steps closer and runs her hand down my chest.

I catch it before she ventures too far. "Stay out of my life Evie and away from my friends."

"Right." She laughs humorlessly as she moves to pour herself an unhealthy amount of alcohol. "So, she's just your friend? You live with her but you're telling me you haven't hooked up?"

I watch her as she keeps throwing back drinks and getting shitfaced drunk. When she realizes I still haven't answered her resolve crumbles and the waterworks return in full force. "Don't Evie."

"Why can't we just fix things?" She whispers brokenly.

"Sometimes when we fix things they still stay broken." I reply as I place my empty glass on the counter.

"Please Noah...I'll do anything!" She murmurs hastily as she grasps the sleeve of my shirt knowing that I'm about to walk away. "Don't go home to her. Come back with me and we can –"

"You cheated Evie." I sigh exasperatedly as I remove her hand. "You did it. Not me, you. Every time I see you I'm reminded of what you did. You hurt me and cheating isn't something you can forgive...not in my book anyways."

"I'm sorry." Her voice is hoarse as she stares at me with teary yet broken eyes. "I just...I...I want you back Noah. I made a mistake and I regret it. I was out of my fucking mind! I just want you back. The idea of you moving on hurts me. Everyone thinks you're dating her and I can't take it!"

"I'm glad you regret it but the answer is still no Evie. We can't keep having the same talk, it's quite tiring...like we're going round in circles. I'm not going to discuss this with you again." I frown and push her away when she clings to me with a sob. "Leave Faye alone too. If I find out that you've said or done something to her I'll make your life a living hell. She doesn't deserve it."

"What if I don't?" She questions with an edge in her tone that I don't appreciate. Especially when she's threatening Faye.

"I know about that sex tape you filmed with Jason Hicks." I smirk when she turns as white as a sheet. "Wouldn't want your parents to find out about it now would you? Or better yet the whole fucking university?"

"You wouldn't!" Her bottom lip quivers as panic seeps into her eyes.

"What you said a few moments ago was heart-warming really." I smile devilishly before it drops and I lean in with a murderous glare. "Especially after seeing you make out with several guys tonight before disappearing upstairs to fuck them. Now, I'm going to say this one last time...if you ever come near me again I will run you out of this goddamn place faster than you can blink. If you upset Faye in any way I will make your life a living hell and ensure that you regret ever speaking about her. Is that understood?"

"Y-Yes."

"Good girl." I grin and lean in to whisper, "Hopefully that didn't make you wet. I heard praise is one of your kinks."

Her jaw drops as she turns to face me. "H-How did you –"

"Locker room talk." I shrug before opening the door of the kitchen that had closed. "Don't worry Eve, apparently you're a decent lay! Nothing great or mind-blowing but hey, being called decent is pretty good!"

"Noah!" She screams infuriatedly as I walk out with a laugh.

The truth is that I'd never tell Jason to release that sex tape. I know how damaging it would be for Evie. If scaring her away from Faye with that lie ensures that she's safe though then so be it.

I hang around for another hour and that's all it takes for me to drown my sorrows in alcohol. On the way out of the house I catch a glimpse of Lilah who I wave to with a drunken yet sad smile before exiting. There's a couple arguing to my right down the street and a girl giggling to herself as she lays in a bush. I leave the frat house behind and start walking towards my dorm.

About fifteen minutes in I change my plans and grab a city bike before cycling down different parts of the area. How long before the fact that Evie moved on so quickly doesn't hurt me anymore? I wonder as my heart aches. She says she wants to get back together but her actions speak differently. It's confusing. It's heart-breaking that someone who I thought was my future didn't think of me as the same.

It's around three in the morning so it's not that busy but as I arrive at a set of traffic lights I'm sober enough to stop and wait for them to turn green. I release a puff of air as I stare out at the empty roads surrounding me and I wonder why I didn't just cycle on since there's clearly no traffic.

Perhaps that would've been better because as soon as I move forward after the light turns green I'm thrown off my bike with an immense amount of force and my body scrapes against the road before landing a few feet away. My ears ring and my head feels like it's been split open as someone swears heavily in the background although it's slightly muffled.

"Oh God, I-I'm so sorry! Are you alright?!" A man shakes me gently before gasping. "Shit! Your leg!"

"Might be a good time to call the ambulance." I groan wretchedly as I turn myself to lie on my back.

"R-Right! Hold on!" He pats my arm before walking off with his cell.

I fish out my own phone as my body throbs and protests in pain over the movement. Warm liquid drips down to my eye in that moment and I swipe it away only to find blood on my fingers. I grow increasingly worried especially about how much damage has been done and whether it'll impact me playing in the soccer team or not. With my heart, body, and soul bleeding out I find myself calling someone I don't expect.

"Noah? Did you forget your keys again?!" Faye groans in exasperation which makes me smile.

"Faye..." I croak and hear her breath hitch. "I got into some trouble."

"Where are you?" She asks in concern and I hear her rushing around before a door slams shut. "I'm on my way just tell me where you are."

"On the road under the highway near our place...you know the one." I grunt in pain as my leg throbs unbearably.

My vision starts to blur and becomes littered with dark spots as sirens wail in the distance, only getting louder as they hurtle down the road in my direction. Faye swears heatedly on the line and I chuckle because I know I'm going to get an earful from her later.

"Noah fucking Jackson! You did not just get into an accident!" She shrieks in panic.

"Oops!" I laugh breathlessly as an ambulance and police cars stop around me. "I'm going to go Faye...I'm getting sleepy. Don't rush...I'm fine."

"Give the phone to someone!"

I hum in response before holding it out to a policeman that's walked up to me. He grabs it after asking me what happened before explaining to Faye. The paramedics quickly takeover and in no time I'm lifted on a stretcher since it hurts to stand much less walk.

After that it's all a blur.

***

Faye West's P.O.V.

I wake up with a start when I hear a pained groan and some movement. Opening my eyes, I almost forget that I came to the hospital a few hours ago. I sit up and lock eyes with Noah who's in the middle of trying to get settled. Glancing at the clock I note that it's seven in the morning and sunlight is starting to creep in through the window.

"Hi." He smiles at me sleepily before patting the bed as a gesture for me to go to him.

"Hi." I whisper as I take a seat and lean forward to brush his hair back. "You gave me quite a scare."

"I'm sorry." He sighs while briefly closing his eyes. "It wasn't my fault though –"

"I heard how the driver sped through a red light yeah." I nod and avert my teary eyes as I take in his bandages and angry red scrapes again.

"Hey..." He murmurs as he grasps my chin and makes me meet his inquisitive gaze. "Why are you crying? I'm fine Faye. Nothing serious, I promise."

"I just...nothing. I got scared and I thought the w-worst had happened." I smile shakily before laughing it off. "Never mind me, I'm just being silly. What did the doctor say?"

"The doctor took one look at my leg and told me that I won't be able to play soccer for a few weeks. I have a deep gash and a matching one on my back from hitting the rough ground." He states gloomily with a shake of his head.

"Oh, Noah..." I trail off with a frown as I give his hand a reassuring squeeze. "You'll be okay. At least you're not out for the rest of the season. A little rest is needed that's all."

"Yeah, I'm relieved that there's no serious injuries." He nods before glancing at the clock. "How long have you been here?"

"I reached a little while after they brought you in. You were asleep though."

"You didn't go home?" He asks a little taken aback.

"No, why would I do that? You'd have nobody here."

"Thanks Faye." He murmurs while caressing his thumb across my knuckles which makes me want to faint.

"You drove under the influence?!" A guy slams the door open with a yell before we can speak further.

I end up flinching due to the unexpectedness which Noah notices and his lips tug down as he shoots me a concerned look. He wraps his hand around mine and gives me a tight squeeze before glaring murderously at the stranger. With a reassuring smile to him I move back to the chair again as the man steps inside.

"No!" Noah snaps in annoyance. "I was cycling! Say it with me...cycling!"

"Why the fuck were you cycling drunk?"

That shuts Noah up and I watch his jaw clench before he answers. "No comment."

"Tell me or I'll squeeze your injured leg." The man threatens and I almost intervene but decide against it when I see Noah roll his eyes.

"Fine! I-I vaguely remember thinking that I was on a unicycle and on my way to an audition...at a circus." Noah grumbles and my jaw drops.

"Brother...you're actually stupid. How are we even related?"

"Where's Mar?" Noah ignores the question as he looks at the door expectantly.

"Right here!" A gorgeous woman walks through the door with a tiny baby in her arms. "Someone didn't wake me up."

"You were tired my love." The man replies gently as he takes the baby from her and it's only then that I notice he's holding a baby monitor too. "Besides it's only this idiot. There's no need to rush to meet him."

She swats the man's arm before walking up to Noah and kissing his forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, just feeling some pain."

"Over the loss of a few brain cells." The man by the door coughs.

"Anyways!" Noah stresses with a pointed glare. "Judah, Mar...this is Faye. My friend and dormmate. Faye, this is my brother Judah and my sister-in-law Marcella."

"It's nice to meet you." I step forward with a smile before glancing at their baby. "She's adorable."

"She gets it from me." Judah winks which makes me chuckle. "And oh, looks like she's awake. Hey sweetheart! There's your idiot uncle Noah!"

"My darling Lucius!" Noah gasps and makes grabby gestures.

"Her name is Lucia!" Judah frowns before whacking the back of his head.

"You call Charlie Charles." He protests but before Judah can reply to him a knock sounds throughout the room and we hear a feminine voice call out Noah's name. I watch as he stiffens before shaking his head when Marcella stands. "It's Evie. Don't let her in. I don't even know how she knows."

"Evie! What a nice surprise!" Marcella opens the door regardless and greets her with a bright smile. "Come in."

Evie's about to do just that but Marcella slams the door shut almost clipping her nose. We hear her yelp in shock as Marcella turns around and look at her in awe before an amused smile quirks Noah's lips. I can't help but let out a chuckle and she winks at me cheekily.

"That was rude Mar."

"So was her cheating on you." She shrugs indifferently.

"I love you." Judah states with a proud smile.

"Get a room." Noah mutters as Marcella walks back to sit beside him.

"Hunter and Zoe will be here later. They set off as soon as we all heard." Marcella states and Noah responds with a groan.

"It's only some scrapes!" He huffs before caressing Lucia's cheek and the sight of Noah with a baby melts me into a puddle. "How did you guys get here so quick?"

"I had a meeting in Vermont. We were going to visit you next anyways before going over to Hunter's place." Judah explains as I step towards the door.

"I better get going then. It was lovely to meet you both." I smile at them before locking eyes with Noah. "I'll get some food ready by the time you're discharged okay?"

"Yeah that'd be great. Thanks Faye." He grins tiredly.

"I'll walk you down. Evie might still be about." Judah offers and I laugh a little uneasily because I didn't even think about that.

I wave goodbye before we make our way down to the exit and sure enough Evie is still lingering around the building. Her eyes narrow in my direction with a hateful glare and I sigh before glancing up at Judah. It seems like she knows about me yet I know nothing about her.

"Thank you. I'll see you later if you're still here."

"Well, that depends on how quickly Noah either bores or infuriates me. He broke a leg when he was younger and I found out that he's not the most fun when he's stuck in a hospital room with nothing to do." He replies with a fake grimace and I grin.

"That's a little worrying! At least you get to go home after this whereas I'm stuck with him."

"I feel sorry for you already." He rests his hand against his chest and shakes his head solemnly. "Do you have a car?"

"No, I'll be walking back. Our dorm isn't far though."

"You better get going then." He mumbles as he points upwards. "Looks like it's about to rain."

"Yeah, I should. It was nice meeting you!" I smile which he returns before waving.

I bid him goodbye and start walking only to hear him call for Evie seconds later. His voice is filled with anger and I wince at the earful she's about to get. I pray she finally takes the hint and leaves Noah alone.

She truly didn't deserve him.

Update schedule is: two or three times a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 7 is already up on Inkitt! Follow the instructions below or in my announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
133K 6K 35
Official Wattpad Creator, and super proud of it! Maddox has been in love with Rose for a few months now. Just like an angel, she has captured his hea...
105K 5.1K 32
Book 5 of the Jackson Series! Marcella is struggling to break free from all she has ever known. Brought up in a world where she's been caged in with...
251K 13.6K 30
Book 2 of the Jackson Series! With a family that wants nothing to do with her and nobody by her side to pick her up when she falls, Zoe Miller is str...