A New Start || Seventeen

Galing kay ArtemisEve1004

Daena moves half way across the world to chase her dream but this move has put her put her back in the life o... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 66

401 16 2
Galing kay ArtemisEve1004

Jeonghan sat on his bed staring at the wall opposite.

He hadn't really moved since Daena had ended their call moments before, instead he had sat replaying the conversation in his head over and over trying to work out where he went wrong.

The more he thought about it the more hurt and frustrated he felt.

He clenched his phone tightly in his hand.

His anger got the better of him and he launched his phone with all his might at the wall opposite him, watching as it shattered and fell to the floor.

He took some deep breaths and tried to calm himself down, but it didn't work and he felt his eyes start to prickle with tears.

He heard his door open and knew who it was without looking.

"What do you want?" He growled, snapping his head up.

Joshua stood in his doorway looking at the destroyed phone on the floor.

"What happened?" Joshua asked answering Jeonghan's question with one of his own.

"It broke" Jeonghan said with a shrug.

Joshua closed the door behind him and walked over to Jeonghan's desk before pulling out the chair and taking a seat.

"Are you okay?" Joshua asked quietly, concern clear in his voice.

"Do I look okay?" Jeonghan snapped, roughly wiping away a tear that had escaped before Joshua could see it.

"No, you don't, I... I'm sorry Jeonghan" Joshua said looking down.

"She called you then" Jeonghan mumbled.

"She did, she asked me to make sure you were okay" Joshua replied with a nod.

"Okay? After she broke up with me and hung up on me before I even had a chance to speak" Jeonghan growled.

He stood and started pacing back and forth.

"When we started dating everyone kept expressing their concern that I would break her heart. Guess you all never considered she might break mine" he snarled.

Joshua looked down at his lap. "I... I really didn't think she would do this. I know she's been in a really dark place since her dad but..." he trailed off.

Jeonghan sat back down.

"It will be okay Jeonghan, she will come around she just needs time" Joshua tried to reason.

Jeonghan didn't respond.

"Look at me Jeonghan" Joshua demanded.

Jeonghan continued looking at his feet, trying to keep it together.

"Jeonghan!" Joshua snapped.

"What!" Jeonghan snapped back.

"I said look at me" Joshua replied.

Jeonghan slowly raised his head to look at Joshua.

"I know her, she will get past this. It's just temporary, you need to give her time" Joshua explained.

"I was willing to give her all the time she needed" Jeonghan sighed. "But she broke up with me anyway"

"She's worried about leaving her mom, she needs to see her mom is fine for a while, why don't you guys just try it long distance for now, see how things go" Joshua suggested.

"I tried that, but she didn't want to hear it, as far as she is concerned she is never coming back so there is no way for us to be together" Jeonghan groaned.

"Give it a few days and suggest it again" Joshua replied.

"Stop! She's not interested, she ended things. It's done. Stop trying to defend her" Jeonghan snapped.

Joshua raised his hands in defence. "I'm not on anyone's side here Jeonghan, I don't want to see either of you suffer"

Jeonghan just sat looking down again.

"She was really close with her father, this has really affected her. He was so important to her, its going to take some time before she feels like herself again. She's not herself that's why she did this. You need to understand" Joshua explained.

Jeonghan brushed his hair out of his eyes. It was at an annoying length now where he had to do this often. He thought about how Daena had been constantly on at him to cut it and the reminder felt like a stab in the heart now.

"I know all of this, but it doesn't change the fact that she just broke my heart" Jeonghan said, his voice cracking.

"Jeonghan, you need to understand..." Joshua tried to explain but Jeonghan cut him off.

"No." He snapped getting to his feet again. "There's nothing to understand, she's done so I'm done. Get out" he shouted pointing at his door.

"Jeonghan you need to listen to me. She's not herself, she didn't mean it" Joshua replied as he remained seated, he clearly had no intention of going anywhere.

"Are you joking? You said you weren't on anyone's side but all you've done is defend her. I'm the one who is hurt right now. Or maybe you just don't care" Jeonghan said as he paced back and forth.

"Of course I care... but she.." Joshua tried to defend himself but Jeonghan interrupted him again.

"You dont care. This is probably exactly what you wanted. I can't believe I missed it. You are still in love with her aren't you. That's why you are defending her" Jeonghan snapped, stopping his pacing and turning to look at Joshua.

Joshua responded by gaping at him silently.

"This is probably exactly what you wanted. Now she's broken up with me you can go in and pick up the pieces be her knight in shining armor and make her want you again" Jeonghan continued.

Joshua blinked at him slowly before standing.

"Jeonghan. That's enough. I know you are hurt but this is too far. I don't understand why you would think that. I don't want to see you hurt and I certainly don't want to take her from you" Joshua explained calmly.

"You sure about that because you sure act like your jealous" Jeonghan snapped.

Joshua sighed deeply and walked towards Jeonghan stopped just in front of him.

"She's my family. I just want what is best for her, and you. You need to believe me when I tell you any feelings I had for her are long gone. You were great together and I could see you made each other happy. I might have been jealous that you got to spend so much time with her but not jealous of your relationship Jeonghan" Joshua explained.

Jeonghan slumped slightly in defeat and walked back over to his bed to sit.

"I just... it's always been there in the back of mind. Whenever you spent time together I worried. I felt like I was constantly waiting for her to change her mind and realise it was you she wanted not me. " he said as he sat, all the anger he felt seconds before had left him and been replaced by sadness.

"That was never going to happen Jeonghan. She loved you" Joshua replied.

"Loved" Jeonghan sighed.

"She still does" Joshua said crossing the room to Jeonghan's door.

Jeonghan watched thinking Joshua was going to leave but he stopped in front of the door and removed something from the pinboard attached to the back of the door.

He walked back over to Jeonghan and placed the object in his hand.

Jeonghan looked down at it and realised it was the picture he had taken of Daena and him on her birthday. He had printed it off and added it to his memory board.

"See, you were meant for each other" Joshua said quietly, looking down at the photo as well.

"Why did she do this?" Jeonghan sighed placing the photo on his bedside table.

"I'd say give her some time and call her but..." Joshua gestured at Jeonghan's destroyed phone on the floor.

Jeonghan almost laughed. He wasn't sure why Joshua kept acting like it was his responsibility to fix this. He felt his anger returning.

"No. Like I said it's done" Jeonghan snapped.

Joshua rolled his eyes. "Jeonghan please"

"I'm done talking Joshua, just leave me alone" Jeonghan said laying down and closing his eyes.

He heard his door open and close. This time Joshua hadn't argued.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

193K 4.3K 34
Taylor just got her heart broken and decided to move to Korea to live with her best friend. She didn't know that her best friend is working with one...
68.3K 3.1K 101
Loves to read FANTASY and FANFIC at the same time? Here's one for you ❤ ~ I am just an ordinary fan of the group SEVENTEEN, I was having a camp when...
12.8K 305 43
[Completed] Most of them loved for what she was, well some hated too . While many wanted to make their way through her heart but there was already so...
8.6K 407 8
Choi (Hong) Jisoo always has a dream of being together with his future alpha, but what if his future alpha is his best friend from childhood?