☆SCARLETT THE DAUGHTER OF LIG...

By xSalee_readsx

"How pathetic not manly enough to face me again?" He smirked "Oh gag I'm no man but I guess whats started ha... More

Chapter I: A New Beginning
Chapter II: Beauty and Kindness
Chapter III: The Welcoming Ceremony
Chapter IV: Talents and Skils
Chapter V: I Accidentally Killed a Rabbit
Chapter VI: The Thunderstorm in the Castle
Chapter VII My Not So Dead Beat Up Dad
Chapter VIII: First True Love?
Chapter IX: How to steal a dragons egg
Chapter X: New Life quote: "People can change"
Chapter XI: The Trial by Tale
Trial by Tale
Chapter XIII: Parents Weekend Takes A Turn
Chapter XIV: Lightning in a bottle
Chapter XV: Circus of Talents
Chapter XVI: Circus Crown
Chapter XVII: One Dance?
Chapter XVIII: War of Good and Evil
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter XII: Catching Feelings

268 5 0
By xSalee_readsx

"Do you realise how reckless you were? Actions have consequences, you know?" Dovey blabbered on "yes I know, professor. " I sat back on the infirmary bed. I really hoped I didn't have to go back here yet here we are.
"Hildegarde!?"
"Yes," I said, caught on surprise
"Are you even listening? You used magic beyond your fingerglow!"

After the trial, I and many evers have healing and resting in the infirmary. That gives Dovey the perfect opportunity to yell at me when I'm most vulnerable.

"I was just trying some things out," I reasoned, knowing I probably should have thought about what I was going to say. "TRYING SOME THINGS OUT!" Oh boy, was I in for it? "You could have killed someone. " she lowered her voice. "But I didn't, and are we not going to talk about how I could have died by my own dagger that was being wielded by a freaking demon?" I snapped at her.

Dovey huffed, "You stole that dagger. You used an unauthorised level of magic beyond our level. As for the demon, I believed that it came from one of the nevers, Hester. I think her name is"
Hester, I should have known, but how?

"But I didn't know I didn't know any spells as soon as I awoke from my coma. I was put in the trial with
A) no word of warning
B) no training
And C) no choice but to use this thunderous weather powers thingy I have. Which, by the way, I have no idea where it came from. " I slumped back on my bed, facing away from her.

Dovey was left speechless just before she could say something one of the tall nymphs peaked through the curtains. "Excuse me, Professor, but someone else would like to speak to Miss Beaudette."

Thank goodness for her. I'm sure her and all of the other evers heard as well and wanted it to stop.

"Of course, uhm Hildegarde, I will hopefully see you in class soon." Dovey walked out, and I didn't even bother looking behind whoever wanted to see me are going to be disappointed.

"Hildy?" It wasn't shocking that it was him calling me. I didn't answer arguing with Dovey had drained me.
"How are you doing?"
"Not well as you clearly heard,"

Most likely, no, certainly everyone heard. I don't exactly have my own room. We're separated by using curtains, so it was all one room.

"I'm sorry, do you need some water or -"
"No," I quickly replied. "It's been a long night. You should get to class." he sat on the bed. "I think you forgot that classes would be cancelled for us at least,"

"Oh," I sighed. What am I going to do? Everyone knows. "Hildy about what happened in the trial -" he stopped short. "I'm glad you were by my side the whole night," he finished. That caught me by surprise. I faced him. A smile crept to my face, and I felt the blush running to my face it reddened. "Me too," I croaked. "Can you get me some water?" I carefully sat up.

"Coming right up, boss." he poured a glass. A giggle escaped my mouth. Oh no, what was that a laugh? more like a snort or a cough, I hope he didn't notice. "Cheers to me being in the infirmary twice in a week," I sarcastically croaked. The best feeling is cold water going down your throat, especially if you're warm.

That feeling was disturbed by two hacking evers, us. It felt like chunks of food were coming out from my throat and onto my blanket. Tedros hacked hysterically on the floor, coughing the water out. "What the hell is in this."

The nymphs burst through. "Oh my, what happened?" I got a closer look at the jug of water then at my glass. "Invisible fishes?" My face went cold as I dropped the glass and threw myself to a nearby bin. "Someone spiked the water," I echoed in the bin. The nymph ordered more the nymphs to come and clean up.

"Sophie," Tedros groaned. I lifted my head. "Why would Sophie do this?" I continued to vomit. "Sophie has been playing pranks since the trial. She covered the classroom floors with lard and replaced our face powder with itchy powder. " he went on. Why am I not surprised.

The nymphs moved me to a different room. I was due to leave soon anyway. One of the nymphs had finished cleaning up and bandaging my wound. "And done I don't want to see you in the infirmary again, young red," she pointed a finger at me. Did she just call me red? Oh, little red riding hoods, daughter, of course.

"I can't promise anything, but thank you," I exited the infirmary. All the others were all healed up and back to class. Class ended soon for me, so I have some time to kill. The groom rooms are free, and we might as well put a cleaner dress on.

My dress was a simple pink frock with a Swan crest on my breast from the nymphs. Speaking of nymphs, our forest leader Adella was still missing no word of her at all, no matter who I asked. The groom room is definitely a favourite of mine. The dresses, the shoes and not to mention the faeries that help get you ready.

I spun my head to see a short, dark-haired, ever girl who was clearly lacking posture. "Agatha?" She turned, wiping her bloodshot eyes. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah, I was just thinking I can't be bothered with class at the moment."
she was clearly crying but I hadn't heard her sob.

"What's wrong? Is it because of Sophie? did you two fight? Don't try to lie to me, " I straightened up.

"This place is a little overwhelming for me," she sat on a stool.
"I get that the grading system is different and -"
"No, that's not what I mean."
I sat down beside her. "Then what do you mean?"
"I thought it was obvious,"
I stayed silent
"I'm not... beautiful like you. "
I felt another sharp dagger strike me in the gut.

"Like me?" I asked she nodded her head. "and I'm especially not like the other girls. They're gorgeous. I'm just a witch, unlovable. " I took her hand in mine.

"You want to know why they're beautiful. Because they know they are sure they spend hours getting ready but in the end they know their worth. And you should too, you want to know something Cinderella said the same thing to Dovey but all she needed was a clean dress and a new pair of glass slipers."

Agatha faced up to me. "Dovey's a fairy godmother. That means she can make me pretty. " she excitedly stood up and ran away before Hildegarde could even stop her she was away.

"Wait, Agatha - and now I'm alone again." I sighed, comforting others, is not my strong suit.

~♡~

I caught up with Daphne at our table in our usual spots. Everything seemed to be back to normal, except I hadn't seen Agatha in a while. Whatever she wants Dovey to do won't work.

"Hildy, are you going to eat that?" Tedros pointed to my untouched steak. I couldn't eat much since the trial, so I gave in. "All yours, Teddy." I moved the plate to him, and he stared at me blankly for a moment but continued to eat.

"Hildy, you haven't eaten much since the trial. Is everything alright?" Daphne worryingly asked "No actually I feel different since the trial, or that might be because my water got spiked. " they all looked up and stared.

"What?" I asked, disturbed
"Sophie again, that miscreant little diva has been attacking our school with pranks," Chaddick mentioned

"She switched our face creams with some kind of slimey substance." Lucy stabbed her steak.

"And she replaced our face powder with itchy powder," Nicholas complained

"She even vandalised the costume collection. Remember the one named after your mother? " Beatrix joined in.

I don't care much for clothes as they can be replaced, but those were named in honour of my mother. Sophie will get karma going after her.

"She did what?" I asked firmly

"She tore most of them up with scissors," Reena answered

"And all of you failed to mention this to me while I was in the infirmary!" they all kept their heads down guilty.

"I want to rip sophies throat how dare she disrespect us and my mother. She knows nothing of us. Oh, how I wish I could strike that little brat with lightning. " This is what I wanted to say, but to prevent trouble, I said this instead.

"Sophie will get what's coming to her." I gulped down a glass of juice. I watched it magically refill itself, and it reminded me how much I love magic.

Chaddick and Nicholas were the first to get up and leave, saying they were off to prepare for night guard. Knowing those two, they'll be in goods gallery rating the princesses.

Not too long after was Reena and Millicent.Who left for their early beauty sleep. The rest of us ended up talking about what talents we were going to showcase.

"Beatrix, what talent will you showcase?" Kiko asked her, intrigued. I was interested as well. I don't know any of her talents. "I will sing a song, of course," she replied. Honestly, why am I not surprised.

"Hildy, what talent will you showcase?" Beatrix turned to me as did all of our friends. Stunned. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't too keen on the circus. I didn't even think I'd make the cut. "Hildy will strike the room with lightning, of course," Tedros answered for me, but I wasn't relieved. I face planted myself onto the table.

"It's indoors, Teddy. I can't use that ability," I said aloud on the table. "We'll figure out something dear, don't you worry?" he jokingly panted my head, sounding like an old maid. The whole table was filled with chuckles. but I just pushed his hand off and stood up, ignoring the laughter from my friends.

"Moving away from the conversation, I'm heading to the library to study. Anyone want to come with" I offered

Everyone shook their head for no thanks and made up excuses. Tedros, however, stuck his hand up whilst drinking a glass of water. "Oh me, I'll come. I need to catch up on some things as well." we both left the table.

"Ladies first," he opened the door. "Thank you, kind sir," I curtsied, and we both laughed. What was outside the door made me stare silent, astonished. "A-agatha, is that you?" I stuttered tedros, and I both lost for words.

Agatha of Woods Beyond was smiling?
her face was the same, but her smile could take out a hundred men.

"Haha yeah whats for dinner?" I couldn't even blink or make any noise come out."chicken- steak, I mean, " Tedros muttered "sorry its just you look -"
"Not myself," she stepped back
"No wait Agatha thats not what he meant," I reasoned, but she ran away.

I spun back to Tedros, who was still staring and apparently blushing. Without a second thought, I elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to return from his daze "ow what the hell?" I turned my back to him, walking ahead to the library.

~♡~

Getting ready in the morning was probably one of my favourite times of the day. All the princesses got up early just to get ready for the day. It was like having a big family of older sisters who would give you whatever you needed.

Most of the time, the princesses took so long to get ready that they would skip breakfast. I thankfully didn't take that long me Lucy Giselle and Daphne at least. Agatha as well, but not in this case.

"Girls were going to be late for breakfast!" Giselle cried, still figuring out what heels to wear. "There's no rush, Gigi, and we're always there on time none of the other princesses even go," Lucy replied, fixing her lashes.

"I'm hungry and need food."

"Since not many of the princesses go, we can talk up some of the princes," Daphne squealed excitingly, holding to pink bows over her frock.

"Which one raspberry or rose?" she shoved the bows in my face.

I moved her hands away. "Raspberry, and is that really what you're thinking of, princes?" I laughed.

"We already talked to Tristan, Chaddick, Nicholas, and Tedros." I continued touching up my makeup.

"First of all, they're my friends, and I want to talk to the other princes. Second-"

"But its not like they have princesses yet,"

"They do some of the girls already have their eye on them,"

"Ha, really, who?" I sprayed perfume onto my wrists.

"Well, Kiko has clearly got her eye on Tristan even though Tristan is very keen on Beatrix." Lucy turned to me, sticking her hand out.

"Really, I hadn't noticed." I tossed the perfume to her.

"Reena's got her eye on Chaddick since she caught his rose even though Chaddick is being charmed by Beatrix." Lucy caught the perfume.

"Charmed? So you don't say Lu. " Daphne walked up to Giselle gesturing. She tied her bow around her waist.

"She's right, and Nicholas has his eyes on Reena." Giselle tightened Daphne's bow. They all laughed.

"Oh, and can't forget about Tedros."

I laughed. "What about him?" I began putting lip balm on.

"Tedros has his eyes on you," Giselle finished, causing me to run my lip balm to my cheeks. "What! Are you mad?" I rubbed the cheek with my hand.

"Darling, we all see how he looks at you," Daphne smiled, blinking innocently. A knock came at the door. Thank god.

"I'll get the door." I walked up
"Anddd quite frankly, we see how you look at him." they all burst into giggles.

"Haha, so funny," I sarcastically said, opening the door. "Agatha? Hi, uh, is something the matter? Do you need anything?" I asked, puzzled. Agatha never usually knocks at my dorm.

"I was wondering if I could borrow some jewellery and maybe some of that pink stuff you put on your face."
She stared down to her feet.

"Of course, one minute, please." I smiled she clearly wanted some makeup as well. Who wouldn't? I put some makeup and jewellery in a small box. I wrote down some notes and tips for her and left in the box. My spelling has been getting better!

"Here, keep it. Consider this as a thank you gift, " she tried to argue, but I wouldn't, so I closed the door on her face. "Why'd you give your makeup to the witch?" Lucy broke the silence.

"Hildy's soft like that. One of the many reasons why Tedros takes interest in her, " Daphne joked.

"Oh shove off, Daphne." I threw a pillow at her face.

"Looks like someone's catching feelings, and they've caught it bad," Lucy joked dramatically.

"Moving away from princes... Anyone excited for the parents' weekend!" Giselle sang

"Not really. Mother will just carry on to embarrass me like she always does," Lucy crossed her arms.

"Don't pout my mother is excited to meet Hildy's mum anddd she's bringing dozens of boxes of treats as a thank you to the school," Giselle skipped to the door.

"Father keeps on asking what they feed me in his letters. Are you two coming? " Daphne followed Giselle.

"Yep,"
"Yes."

"My uncle and auntie are coming aswell hopefully uncle doesn't bring his merrymen, or they'll gobble all of the treats up." I followed my roommates, gigling out to the door.

A/N I haven't posted in a while, so sorry, I've been working on a new story that'll be coming out soon. Well, at least after this story is over.
I was stumped at first when writing this, but I actually enjoyed writing this chapter, see yous next chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...
22.8K 1.3K 24
| 14x 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [Open Novella Contest 2022 Longlist] · Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson Saga meets The Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. ...
1.5K 68 15
Rhea Harroway is not a hero. Heroes don't live their lives with an unknown heritage. So Rhea makes her peace with spending an eternity in Cabin 11 a...