Desirable (mxm)

By dreammcatcher

Milo loves sex, parties and alcohol. He adores the thrill of being young, wild and mateless. He has witnesse... More

Character Aesthetics and Author's Note
one; the party
two; heart broken
three; addiction
four; bossy dad
five; in circles
six; first step
seven; trauma
eight; don't touch me
nine; self destruction
ten; unbearable father
twelve; advice
thirteen; friends for life
fourteen; hard questions
fifteen; square one
sixteen; you are beautiful
seventeen; nowhere else to go
eighteen; bonding
nineteen; reject me
twenty; public flirting
twenty-one; bettering myself
twenty-two; humiliated
twenty-three; disgusting
twenty-four; hiding away
twenty-five; i'm here
twenty-six; back on track
twenty-seven; first date
twenty-eight; possessive
twenty-nine; a threat
thirty; dark fears
thirty-one; first climax
thirty-two; new form
thirty-three; save her
thirty-four; scared
thirty-five; i need you
thirty-six; reunion
thirty-seven; intimate moments
thirty-eight; stalker
thirty-nine; distract me
forty; stepping up
forty-one; he's mine
forty-two; a failure
forty-three; broken trust
forty-four; he's a sexual being
forty-five; accepting his fate
forty-six; you can't have him
forty-seven; dead bond
forty-eight; go and live
forty-nine; i will kill you
fifty; slapped
fifty-one; i'm sorry
fifty-two; love
fifty-three; truth
fifty-four; moving out
fifty-five; my alpha
fifty-six; mark me
fifty-seven; father-in-law
fifty-eight; beast
Epilogue One
Epilogue Two
Bonus Chapters

eleven; physical connection

10.5K 549 160
By dreammcatcher

Fran told me the good news that Reign is finally home. Everett found her yesterday and we've given them the evening and the morning to find their feet again, no doubt Everett has some apologising to do.

I can't even express my relief knowing that she's home safe.

These past few weeks I've been worrying non-stop. Where she was, what she was up to. With her kleptomania, I feared that she would be getting herself into trouble but she's home and I've never felt such a big weight off my shoulders.

It's now well into the afternoon and Fran has told me to give them more time but I can't, I haven't even seen her yet and I just want a cuddle. One little hug to make sure that she's okay, to tell her how amazing I think she is.

My eyes dart to the living room where I know Reign and Everett are watching a movie together, before I know what I'm doing I walk across the hall and towards the door. I think about knocking but I know Everett will tell whoever it is to go away.

Instead I just push the door open and peek my head inside. Reign is pretty much in Everett's lap and I can feel his eyes on me like lasers, growling at interrupting their precious time together. They have all evening together, I just want to see her for a few seconds. That's all.

Reign twists herself in Everett's lap and when our eyes meet each other, I almost buckle at the sight of her. "Reign," I murmur, my eyes lighting up brightly and her own crumbling as she takes me in. I walk towards her and she pushes herself off my brother and meets me in the middle. My arms fling around her petite body and I hug her close. "Oh my God. I am so glad you're home."

"Yeah..." Everett says deeply. Clearly pissed off. But I choose to ignore him. "Thank you so much for interrupting us."

I feel Reign's head as she turns to look over her shoulder at her mate but then I pull back, keeping my hands on her shoulders. My eyes roam over her face and her body, it's obvious that she's lost a little weight but she's been by herself for the last month and now I'm so glad she's back where she belongs.

"I tried to give you guys as much time as possible but I had to see you," I admit and Reign's eyes begin to water. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Milo," her lips twitch into a delicate smile.

My hand grips her chin gently and then I cup her cheek, before I know it I'm tugging her back into my embrace because I can't believe she's finally home. Her blonde hair tickles my nose but I don't care, in fact I've missed her long and unruly locks.

"I'm so pleased you're okay and safe. Please never leave us like that again," I warn her in a soft tone. She wraps her arms around me tighter and squeezes. "No matter who or what has upset you. I'm always here to talk. Don't put yourself in danger again. It's not worth it. Not when you're so damn amazing."

Reign sniffles with her head buried inside my chest and I hate myself for making her cry but she has to know how I feel–how we all feel. "I'm sorry," she whimpers through a sob. "I didn't want to worry you."

I shake my head and pull away slowly, but keeping her close. "Don't apologise. I understand it's hard to grasp your emotions. I just don't want you to feel alone like that. We're all here for you, even if we make mistakes too."

She nods at me, tears down her pinky cheeks. I glance over her shoulder at Everett and his eyes watch me carefully. He doesn't say anything but I know he's thanking me inside his head, with the way I am with his mate because she's my family member too. And I treasure her to death.

"Thank you," she whispers, bringing my attention back to her.

I smile again and lean forward to leave a lingering kiss on the tip of her head, strands of hair tickling my nose. "I'll leave you guys to it before he tears my head off for interrupting your time," I laugh. Even though he's grateful for my appearance, I know Everett wants me to leave so he can have quality time with his mate.

Anyone would after they left for a whole month. They've got a lot to make up for.

"Wait," Reign takes my wrist and stares up at me with her crystal blue eyes. "We have so much to catch up on. You need to tell me all about Nate and everything that has happened with him. If you want to."

My heart aches knowing that she cares this much. She's probably been through hell and back and she still wants to know about my business. "I'll tell you all, Reign," I speak softly. "But first you need your mate, he needs you too. We can talk tomorrow. You're too sweet for this world, and I am so grateful you're my brother's mate."

She releases my wrist and she beams at me with an innocent smile. "Okay. Of course."

"Sleep well," I nod before glancing at my brother. "See you tomorrow, bro."

Everett nods back in my direction and I leave them to it in the living room.

A part of my soul patches up a little knowing that she's safe and back in all of our lives.

When I wake up the next morning I feel a little lighter, though my anxiety lingers–it never goes away–I know I have a session today with Layla. At first I was fearful of going to therapy but now I've had a few sessions, it's truly helped me to understand myself.

Before I thought therapy would be a waste of time but now I realise it's vital to my recovery. I feel more dedicated than ever, especially now things with Nate seem like they're on the up.

Not perfect but we're getting there. Step by step. As long as it's going upwards, I don't care. Progress is still progress and Layla tells me that each week with my therapy.

This week she helps me through my coping mechanisms and the homework she set me.

At the end of the session she asks me about my struggles with my anxiety and if I ever feel urges to continue having sex with strangers at parties. I guess that urge is always there, she said I shouldn't be ashamed of it but it's something to be aware of.

I tell her the pattern that my anxiety comes in and she asks me more about my relationship with Nate. Layla mentions medication again and says that it might help with my underlying anxiety and could help my urges to subside, whilst I get myself back on my feet.

Once I feel like I no longer crave the attention of another male and sex, that's when I should begin to taper off them with my new mechanisms and forward thinking intact.

I tell her that I want more time to think about it, to see if I can stabilise myself first and she doesn't push me. In fact she's proud that I'm even considering it because she believes it could be important to my recovery.

When the session ends I find myself sitting outside on the porch, watching the trees bristle in the wind gently. I know Everett and Reign will be side by side for the foreseeable. Even Everett put Fran in charge for the time being–he knows how distracted I've been so he didn't ask.

I know I need to step up to my Beta role more. I never really took it seriously until now because I've always been out partying until the crack of dawn, intoxicated with legal or illegal substances. Now I see that I should be taking part more, I always should have been and Everett's been too polite to rip that title from me.

A twinge down the bond has me wincing and I know it's not from my wolf, though he howls inside me because something is wrong. Something is wrong with Nate. Not that he's in danger but it seems like he's upset or frustrated over something.

I frown at the tug because it aches and my wolf won't rest until he knows that Nate is okay.

Hey. You all good? I ask down the mindlink.

I think back to the time Nate asked if I was okay after Reign went missing, we were nowhere near where we are now but he still stopped to check in–to ask if I was okay. Now it's my turn to pay back that favour because I will always double check that he's okay, even if it's a misunderstanding.

Hey. His voice sounds weak and I push my brows together. So-so.

Wanna meet up and talk about it?

The space between us is silent and all I can hear is the rustling of the trees but I keep the link open and allow my good emotions towards him, an attempt at comfort.

Sure. Nate responds. But I don't know if I'll be much up for talking about it.

I choose to ignore his comment because I don't want to put an end to that conversation before it's even started by sticking my nose in. That's fine. Do you want to go grab a coffee?

I don't like coffee.

Fine, a tea or a smoothie or a strawberry lemonade.

A pulse runs down the bond and it sends shivers down my spine.

Strawberry lemonade is my favourite. Nate says after a few moments.

I smile at the sound of his voice. Then let's go grab some.

Where?

In town. There is a nice coffee shop that makes fresh lemonade with strawberries.

I'll meet you there.

I rush to get ready even though I'm already ready but I want to make another good impression, I always do. Once I glance at myself in the mirror and give myself an encouraging smile, I leave the pack house and head towards town.

Nate is already waiting for me outside the cafe and he glances up and down the street. His longish blonde hair is down today but he still looks divine, so gorgeous and he doesn't even know it.

"Hey," I say a few feet from him.

His dark brown eyes flick to mine and his gaze hardens when he sees me. "Hey."

"Shall we?" I step towards the door and hold it open for him.

"Thanks," he nods and steps inside.

We order our drinks and decide to take a slow walk around town, a change of scenery for once. Something different that might help spark our conversation into one of honesty and trust. I'm praying anyway.

"How have you been?" I ask, taking a sip of my caramel coffee.

Nate's eyes remain on the floor and he sighs. "Yeah, alright."

I frown at him but he doesn't look back at me. "You don't have to lie to me."

He meets my gaze when I say this. "It's complicated." He mutters.

"I'm always here to listen," I admit.

The corner of his lip flicks up at my words and it gives me a tiny bit of hope. The absolute tiniest.

"How have you been?" He changes the subject.

"Reign came home," I say with relief and happiness.

Nate's eyes widen and he flashes me a smile. "I'm pleased. Is she okay?"

I hum and glance down at his strawberry lemonade. "She's safe, she's okay. Just in need of some love and comfort. Everett has already got that down."

His eyes fall back to the cobbled ground again. "That's nice."

Nate remains silent as we continue to walk and I huff out a quiet sigh. "I don't like seeing you like this." I admit.

"Like what?"

"Shut off."

He narrows his eyes towards me. "You don't even know what I'm like anyway."

I flinch from his tone and he breathes out harshly through his nose, clenching his eyes together at the sound of his own voice. "I'm sorry," he whispers and I instantly feel bad for him.

"It's okay."

"It's not." He shakes his head. "It's not fair to take it out on you, on anyone."

A splash of rain hits my cheek and we both glance up at the same time. "Fuck sake," I grumble under my breath to be met with a large grey raincloud. Before we know it, it begins to hammer it down.

Nate leans forward to grab the fabric of my jacket, tugging me in a different direction. "My pack house isn't too far from here, we can keep dry there."

His pack house? My mind fizzes and whirls. He actually wants me to go to the house where his family and friends live? I never thought I'd see the day.

"B-But what about your family?" I shout over the heavy pour of the rain.

"My dad is out, everyone has the day off."

I nod back at him and follow him in the direction of his pack house. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. Sure it was big but not as big as ours, if anything the exterior was fairly dark and grungy but in a chic and pristine way. There is the main block of the house along with houses added on to the sides, large windows that are tinted and tall doorways.

Considering how dark it looks, I didn't expect it to feel so inviting.

Outside is a garden growing the most amazing herbs and flowers that I've ever seen–or smelt.

"Everyone here likes to cook from the earth," Nate comments as I find myself staring at a patch of parsley. My absolutely favourite herb.

"I like it." I comment.

Nate takes me inside where he tucks me in, away from the amount of other wolves wandering the halls and through the house. None of them even take a blind bit of notice of me and I'm relieved because I know Nate would want the peace.

"Thanks for inviting me over," I say hesitantly.

"We'd get cold in the rain." He comments.

I purse my lips and nod. "Come," he beckons his head. "We can chill in the back room. No one will bother us there."

Instead of saying anything, I just follow. He knows best, it's his house.

He walks us into a small living room area, plush sofas with a large flatscreen TV. I walk around the room, analysing the pictures and paintings and pieces of art across the walls and shelves.

When I glance back at Nate he's staring at the window, something is obviously bothering him and it shatters me to pieces knowing I can't do anything about it–or the fact he refuses to open up to me because he doesn't trust me yet.

I take two small steps towards him."Nate?" I whisper.

His lifeless eyes flick to mine and I can see how tired he is. Exhausted.

"I can tell you're under a lot of stress," I comment carefully and Nate sucks in a breath. His body begins to shake and I can't tell if he's on the verge of a breakdown or if he's going to change the subject again. "My wolf knows something is wrong. I do too."

Nate's lip wobbles but he tucks it between his teeth to stop me from seeing but it's too late.

I step closer again and tell myself to gather the courage to ask what I've wanted to do for weeks, I want to comfort him, I want to be there for him but I refuse to do it without his permission. Especially after the last time we saw each other, I tried to touch him and he told me not to do that.

"Nate," I say softly again. "Can I hug you?"

His expression warps from something of shock to disgust to confusion.

I feel guilt rise in my stomach and I shake my head. I've fucked it up again. Stupid. Stupid.

"I'm sorry," I blurt, beginning to panic. "You said slow and I keep ruini–"

Before I can comprehend what's happening, Nate closes the space between us and wraps his arms around me, clutching my shoulders. I am stunned for a second until I place my own arms around his back tightly.

I can hear his heart thump against my own, our chests flush. My eyes flutter shut and I've never felt something so damn beautiful in my entire life. Tears threaten my eyes, knees barely able to keep myself up but I do for the sake of this hug.

Shamelessly I inhale his scent and nuzzle my face into his neck, allowing myself to have this moment because Nate clearly needs it as much as I do. A moment I will always, always, cherish.

This beats any sexual encounter I've ever had. Because this is real and true.

Authentic.

The bond zaps around us, creating our own little bubble until I'm smiling with true joy.

"Is this to do with your dad?" I whisper, remembering our conversation the other day.

Nate only buries his head further into my neck and nods.

"Okay," I say gently, using my hand to caress his back.

I say nothing more but allow the bond and my affections to comfort him. Anything he needs. Absolutely anything at all.

Read the full completed book and bonus chapters over on Patreon!

www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

NOT ME GOING CRAZY OVER A DAMN HUGGGGG😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

Ugh. I'm so happy. The steps are getting a little bigger and Nate is slowly learning to bring Milo into his life!

ANGELS, help me get this chapter to 150 votes and 50 comments and I'll post the next chapter ASAP. Ya girl needs all the love!🥹🥰❤️

Love Savanna x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 652 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...
8.1M 355K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
1M 43.7K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
8.2K 531 30
Oliver doesn't know what hit him when he sees Baby Parker singing his heart out in a bar one fateful Saturday night. Maybe it's destiny, maybe it's l...