The Crystal Golem: Steven Uni...

By Dat_Dorito

This is my first story so feedback (both negative and positive) is welcome. This story starts when the Crysta... More

Bio
Discovery
Questions
Answers
Secrets
Lawsuits?
Pure
Food
Cannon
Damaged
Beesechurger Packback
Together Breakfast
Frybro
Feline phalanges
Effervescence companions
Semi-serious Steven
Tiger millionaire
Mirrored oceans

Trust and promises

517 19 2
By Dat_Dorito

3rd POV

The scene opens to Steven and the Gems discussing the previous events as Y/N is nowhere to be seen.

Steven: I'm grounded?

Pearl folds her arms as she frowns at Steven.

Pearl: Yes, you're grounded!

Garnet: You disobeyed an order.

Amethyst: And now we're gonna bury you 'til you've learned your lesson.

She smiles as she holds up a shovel. Steven begins to panic and he runs from Amethyst as she chases him with the shovel.

Steven: Aah! That's not how grounding works!

The door of the house suddenly opens. The Crystal Gems turn to look and see Greg standing at the doorway, panting heavily. Y/N exits his room with a red cylinder in his hand.

Steven: Dad?

Greg: Uh, you guys better come check this out.

Everyone runs out of the beach house and they run up to the crown staring at the shoreline, or lack thereof.

Mayor Dewey: W-w-wha?

The citizens of Beach City are gathered behind Mayor Dewey and murmuring worriedly.

Ronaldo: Whoa!

He takes a picture with his phone as the camera zooms out, revealing that the entire ocean is gone, leaving various boats and ships stranded on the now-deserted ocean floor.

Steven: The ocean!

Mayor Dewey: Hey, it's those magical ladies! What's going on here?!

Garnet: The ocean is gone, obviously.

Mayor Dewey: That's right. Now it's just a desert. No one wants to take a vacation to... Desert City! Aww, we're gonna lose all our summer business!

Several of the people complained as Y/N stared off into the distance.

Lars: And all the beach babes! Awwww!

Mr. Fryman: Who's gonna buy my fries?

Kofi: And my pizza?

Mr. Smiley: Who's gonna have fun at Funland?

Mayor Dewey stomps his foot as he glares at Garnet. In response she just folded her arms.

Mayor Dewey: As mayor, I DEMAND you explain this immediately-!

Garnet slaps the megaphone out of the Mayor's hand.

Garnet: It was Lapis Lazuli.

Steven: Lapis Lazuli?

Y/N finally looks away from the horizon and stands next to Garnet.

Y/N: She's the Gem you released from the mirror.

Steven: But she's a Gem, just like us.

Pearl frowns as she looks at Steven.

Pearl: There's a lot you don't know about Gems, Steven...

The scene cuts to the inside of the beach house. Steven is packing his Cheeseburger Backpack as the Gems are discussing it in the kitchen.

Pearl: How could I have known the Gem contained in that mirror would be so powerful?

Steven finishes his packing and walks towards the door, passing by Greg and Connie in the house.

Connie: Where are you going, Steven?

Steven: I'm leaving to fix what I did to our home. I was the one who set Lapis free from the mirror.

Y/N turns to look at Steven.

Y/N: But that was me.

Steven: it's still my fault the ocean's gone. I'm gonna bring the ocean back or get really thirsty trying.

Greg: Wait up, kiddo.

Greg places his hand on Steven's shoulder.

Greg: I'm coming with you.

Connie: I want to help, too. Also, I feel weird being in your house if you're not here.

Lion then appears from behind, placing his paw on Steven's head, and growls in agreement, which surprises Greg.

Pearl: Clearly, we're coming too.

Garnet: You're ungrounded, by the way.

Amethyst jumps on the kitchen counter.

Amethyst: WHOO-HOO! Road trip!

As everyone gets ready to venture into the desert, Y/N turns to look at Garnet.

Y/N: I have noticed that you are uncomfortable around me, and that is inhibiting your ability to protect Steven.

Garnet pauses what she was doing and Y/N walked up to her.

Y/N: Just know, I do not want you to be afraid of me, we both want to protect him, it would be best if we worked together.

The fusion in question made direct eye contact with Y/N.

Garnet: we- I know that you care about Steven and value his goals above all else. It's just that, sometimes he doesn't know what's best for him. I just need you to think about what is best for his future, not what he wants in the present, okay?

Y/N: understood. I'm glad you two are no longer afraid of me.

The group then heads off into the deserted ocean, with the Gems riding in Greg's Van, and Steven and Connie riding on Lion's back as Y/N flew beside them, using the thrusters in his ankles. Inside Greg's van, he is seen fiddling with the dashboard.

Greg: How about some tunes? This was one of Rose's favorites.

Greg inserts a CD into the music player and loud rock music begins to play. Amethyst chuckles while Pearl chuckles uncomfortably.

Greg: So what do you think, Garnet?

Garnet glares uncomfortably, before kicking the van door open and jumping out of the van, rolling on the ground.

(Time Skip—Night Time)

The group is still travelling through the deserted ocean, passing even through the abyssal zone of the ocean. Garnet is now lying on the top of the van while Pearl takes the driver seat, with Greg and Amethyst sleeping and snoring in the back of the van. Steven is still awake, riding on Lion, and Connie is fast asleep on Steven's back, with her arms wrapped around him.

Steven: I can't believe Lapis would do this. Gems shouldn't fight each other.

Pearl: We're always fighting Gems, actually.

Steven: What?!

Pearl: Oh, how do I put this? All Gems aren't necessarily... good.

Y/N flies lower to the ground to look at Steven.

Y/N: All those monsters we fight used to be just like us.

Steven looks at him in surprise and then turns to Pearl.

Pearl: They've become corrupted and broken. We have to take care of them, subdue them, contain them. It's the best we can do for them for now. If we don't, then...

She trails off as the group arrive at a giant glowing blue structure standing before them.

Connie: That's some... magical destiny stuff right there.

Greg: Guys, I just had the best idea for an album cover.

The group approaches the structure, revealing it to be a massive tower made entirely out of the ocean.

Garnet: This is it. Lapis Lazuli is here.

Pearl: I don't understand. What does she want with the ocean?

Connie: Whoa. Look at all this.

She sees various fishes inside the water tower.

Connie: It's- it's just like a giant aquarium.

Suddenly, a familiar voice echoed through the water.

Lapis: You shouldn't be here!

Y/N lands next to Steven as he looks up at the tower.

Y/N: She sensed us.

Steven: Lapis Lazuli! It's me, Steven!

The water sloshes from the tower, as Lapis Lazuli's face is formed on its wall.

Lapis: Go away! Before I make you.

Steven: But we're beach-summer-fun buddies!

Lapis: No we're not! You're one of them. One of the Crystal Gems.

Amethyst and Pearl growl angrily as Y/N prepares to fight. Garnet puts a hand on Amethyst and Pearl's shoulders as she looks at Y/N.

Garnet: Easy.

Steven: What do you mean? We're all Gems, right? Just let us help you.

Lapis: You don't understand. Just leave me alone...

Her face disappears into the water tower.

Steven: We're not leaving, Lapis. Not until you give us back our ocean! -- Aah!

Steven starts slamming his fist on the wall of the water tower, when an arm extends from it and grabs Steven by his shirt.

Lapis: I said... LEAVE ME ALONE!

A Water Clone of Steven then emerges from the water tower and knocks him away.

Steven: Ah!

Garnet catches Steven as he is flung towards her. Water clones of the Gems then emerge from the water tower too.

Y/N: Greg, grab the children and get behind us.

Greg: Sounds good to me!

Greg grabbed Steven and Connie. He then hides behind a rock, Lion positioned himself behind the Gems and in front of the three hiding. The Gems and their water clones proceed to summon their weapons and prepare for battle.

Garnet
Stand together. Don't let them separate us.

She is interrupted by her water clone punching her.

Steven: Garnet!

Garnet is sent flying backwards into the ground. She quickly gets up as Water Garnet proceeds. Garnet engages in a fist fight with Water Garnet. Their attacks parry one another, till Garnet finds an opening and punches Water Garnet in the head, splattering it. The head quickly reforms though, and Water Garnet punches Garnet into a rock.

Garnet: Ugh!

Garnet leaps away from the rock, Amethyst uses her whip to grab the rock and sling them at Water Amethyst, who effortlessly dodges it. She keeps slinging nearby rocks at the water clone, who continuously dodges them by bending out of shape.

Amethyst; Aw, come on! Aah!

Water Amethyst then grabs Amethyst with her whip and flails her away.

Amethyst: Well, as long as we're playing fair...

She shapeshifts into Purple Puma and charges at Water Amethyst. Meanwhile, Pearl spars off with her water clone. She then manages to slice Water Pearl in half. The two halves, however, quickly reform into two Water Pearls.

Pearl: I hate fighting me.

She summons another spear as Y/N is flying above shooting beams of energy at his water clone. Y/N eventually notices that the beams are doing nothing, so he grabs the red cylinder and presses a button on it, a blade of fire extended from one side, revealing it to be a sword.

Y/N: ...burn...

He slashes at the water clone, sending a wave of fire at it. Once the flames engulfed it, the water clone evaporated into nothing. In the background Lion engages against Water Steven, emitting several magical roars at it, but it effortlessly slithers out of the way every time.

Connie: Come on, Lion!

Steven: You can take me!

Lion is then knocked back by Water Steven, slamming into Greg's van.

Greg: Oh no, not the van!

Steven and Connie: Revenge!

Steven and Connie yell and charge towards Water Steven. Steven shoots a water gun while Connie hurls a small rock at the clone. Water Steven then extends its arms and traps Steven and Connie's heads in water bubbles, in an attempt to drown them.

Greg: Kids!

A struggling Steven can see Connie quickly losing her breath, when Greg runs Water Steven over with his van. Steven and Connie are freed as they cough and gasp for air.

Steven: Connie!

Greg: Is this a normal magical mission for you? 'Cause I'm not so sure how comfortable I am with you going on these any- mooooooorrre...!

Greg's van is then blasted upwards and away by Water Steven underneath, along with Greg inside the van.

Steven: Dad!

Y/N flies up to the van and tears the door off. He then grabs Greg and let's the van crash to the ground. Steven runs up to Y/N as he gently puts Greg on the ground.

Steven: Dad! Dad! Are you okay?

Greg: yeah, thanks Y/N...

Steven glares at Water Steven as he marches over to it.

Steven: Lapis, I don't want to fight anymore.

Water Steven creates and hurls a water ball at Steven.

Steven: I said... I DON'T WANNA FIGHT!

Steven then successfully summons his shield and blocks the attack. The impact causes a massive sound wave, resulting in all the water clones dispelling from the reverberation.

Amethyst: Huh?

Steven drops his shield and walks towards the water tower.

Connie: Steven?

Steven: Lapis, I'm coming up to see you. So please don't drown me.

Connie: Wait, Steven!

Steven holds his breath and jumps into the water tower. Lapis then makes a water hand inside and lifts Steven to the top of the tower. Steven ascends the water tower to the outer atmosphere of Earth. When he arrives at the top, Lapis keeps him encased in a water bubble, leaving only his head free.

Steven: Lapis?

Lapis: What are you doing here, Steven?

Steven: What? I- No! What are you doing here? This thing, the ocean, this is crazy! Can't we work this out? We Gems should be friends. Whoa!

Lapis pulls Steven forward with the water bubble.

Lapis: Don't you know anything, Steven? Your friends, they don't really care about other Gems. All they care about is the Earth. But I never wanted to be in this place...

She sadly gazes up into space and frees Steven from the water bubble.

Steven: Wha... ?

He slowly approaches Lapis and sits down next to her.

Lapis: I just... want to go home...

Steven: I know how important home can be. But that's why I'm here. You took the ocean away, and the ocean is an important part of my home.

Lapis: I'm only using the ocean because my gem is cracked. If I just stretch it far enough...

She sighs sadly as she looks down.

Lapis: This is never going to work.

Steven sees Lapis's cracked gem on her back and gasps, having an idea.

Steven: I can fix your gem. I have healing powers.

Lapis looks up at him in confusion as he smiles at her.

Lapis: Wait, you have healing powers?

Steven: I know, right?

Lapis: Oh, what should I...

She looks around, not sure how to let him heal her.

Steven: Oh, uh, sorry. This might be a little weird.

Lapis: What?

Steven licks his hand, covering it in saliva, and pats it on Lapis' gem, causing her to shudder. A brief moment passes, and Lapis' gem begins to glow. A pair of water-wings sprout from her back.

Lapis: Thank you, Steven!

She hugs him as he smirks proudly.

Steven: No prob, Bob.

Lapis awkwardly lets go of him as she looks at him confused.

Lapis: ... It's Lapis.

Steven: okay.

Lapis: Again, thank you, but this is goodbye.

She smiles sadly at him as Steven watches Lapis fly off, when the water tower starts to rumble. Being freed of Lapis' control, the water tower starts to crumble and collapse. The Gems, Greg, Connie and Lion watch as the water tower collapses around them.

Garnet: The whole tower's coming down!

Greg: What about Steven?!

Y/N looks up at the tower and flies off toward it. Inside the tower, Steven begins to fall alongside the crumbling water tower.

Steven: Aaaaahh! Whoooaaa-aaaah!!!

He begins to panic, but Y/N catches him and flies back out of the tower, landing right next to Greg.

Greg: Steven!

The water tower collapses all around on the group, seemingly burying them. The scene cuts to the beach.

Mayor Dewey: ... Huh?

The ocean begins to flow back to Beach City, restoring to its former self.

Lars: Yes! Babe City, here we com- Whoa!

Sadie pushes Lars into the water in annoyance. Greg's damaged van then emerges from the sea, encased in Steven's bubble shield as Y/N pushes it out of the water. Steven then dispels it once they reach dry land.

Amethyst: That's how you do it!

The group begins laughing and rejoicing, when Greg's van falls apart even more. Pearl looks at a distressed Greg and chuckles.

Pearl: Well, what's that thing you always say about the pork chops and the hot dogs?

Connie: Look!

The citizens of Beach City all run towards the group cheering and laughing. Mayor Dewey tackles Steven and embraces him, but Y/N pulls him off of him and throws him to the ground as the citizens cheer Steven's name. Connie laughs in joy and Amethyst hugs Lion. Greg is crying in front of his broken van and Y/N puts a hand on his back to comfort him. Meanwhile, Garnet turns to Pearl.

Garnet: So, Lapis made it off the planet.

Pearl: What does this mean for us?

Garnet: We wait and see.

The citizens continue cheering, carrying Steven and Connie above them. Steven looks up to the sky as he smiles sadly.

Steven: See you, Lapis.

==================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 793 18
𝗔 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝗶𝘁𝘆... 𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁? 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲! 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
83.9K 2.4K 51
you, the reader, are an off colour Male gem, a turquoise, to be exact. This story is kind of a ship story. Turquoise, being an outcast, has mysteriou...
21.6K 845 69
Another crystal Gem? Will her friendships be tested, will old friends be love-hate relations!? How will she fair in Steven's universe. Warning!!! - t...
54.2K 1.6K 12
When working a job to find out the rumors behind the strange things happening at Beach City, you find two rocks. One green, the other shattered. You...