๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‹๐„๐’๐’ | ๐.๐Œ๐ข๐ค๏ฟฝ...

By Klyptomaniac

๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate t... More

๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ | ๐™บ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐š ๐š‚๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’๐š๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š‚๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š„n๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐š—
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ต๐š’๐š›๐šœ๐š ๐™บ๐š’๐š•๐š•
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐š› ๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐š˜๐š›
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿบ | ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿป | ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šš๐šž๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿผ | ๐™ฐ๐š— ๐™พ๐š•๐š ๐™ต๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿพ | ๐™บ๐šŠ๐š–๐š’๐š”๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐š’๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š˜๐š—
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฟ | ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ ๐š‚๐šŠ๐šŸ๐š’๐š˜๐šž๐š›
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿถ | ๐™บ๐š•๐šŠ๐šž๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท | ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐šŒ๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ | ๐™ฐ ๐šƒ๐š›๐šž๐šŽ ๐™ท๐šข๐š‹๐š›๐š’๐š
| ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„ |
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน | ๐š‚๐šž๐š–๐š–๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ท๐šข๐š‹๐š›๐š’๐š ๐™ท๐šž๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ | ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šข๐š•๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿป | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ด๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐™ท๐š’๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท6 | ๐š‚๐šž๐š›๐šŸ๐š’๐šŸ๐š˜๐š›๐šœ ๐™ถ๐šž๐š’๐š•๐š
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ | ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ
018 | ๐™พ๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐š—๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿท9 | ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ
๐Ÿถ20 | ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐™ฐ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š—๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ1 | ๐™ฟ๐šŠ๐š’๐š—
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ2 | ๐™ผ๐šข๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šข ๐š„๐š™๐š˜๐š— ๐™ผ๐šข๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šข
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ3 | ๐š๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š’๐š๐šข
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ4 | ๐šƒ๐š’๐š–๐šŽ & ๐™ท๐š’๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ5 | ๐™ฐ๐š—๐šœ๐š ๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ6 | ๐™ฝ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ7 | ๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐šƒ๐š›๐šข
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ8 | ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐™ฐ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šœ
๐Ÿถ29 | ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š˜๐šœ
๐Ÿถ30 | ๐™ป๐š˜๐šœ๐š
๏ผด๏ผฉ๏ผญ๏ผฅ๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผณ๏ผณ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน1 | ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š‚๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ ๐™ฟ๐š˜๐š’๐šœ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ๐š ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š’๐š—
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน2 | ๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ธ๐š ๐šƒ๐šŠ๐š”๐šŽ๐šœ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿน | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ป๐šŠ๐š ๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐™ฐ ๐™ท๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿบ | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ด๐š—๐š ๐š’๐šœ ๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿป | ๐š‚๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐šŒ๐šŽ
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿผ | ๐š๐šŽ๐š๐šž๐š›๐š—๐šŽ๐š ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐šœ
| ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘ |
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฝ | ๐š†๐š˜๐š›๐š๐š‘๐šข ๐š˜๐š ๐™ฐ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š—๐šŠ
๐Ÿน๐Ÿพ | ๐š†๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š‘๐šŽ?
| ๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„ |
๐Ÿน๐Ÿฟ | ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š’๐šœ๐šŒ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข ๐š˜๐š ๐™ป๐šŽ๐š˜๐š—๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐š˜
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿถ | ๐™น๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐š ๐š‚๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐š ๐™ด๐š—๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘

๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฝ | ๐™บ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐š—๐šŠ ๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŠ

3.9K 127 27
By Klyptomaniac

Leonora opened the door, to see a welcoming face. She opened the door wider for her guest and smiled softly at him as he entered.

"Hello Leonora." Stefan greeted her as he sat on her sofa.

"Hi, what brings you here?" Leonora questioned while sitting down next to him. She appreciated the fact that Stefan had bothered to come and see how her well-being was and knowing that he travelled outside of Mystic Falls to do so just warmed her heart even more.

Turning to look at her Stefan said, "I just wanted to see how you were." Stopping to think for a second he added. "Since you know... you were kidnapped aswell."

It was times like these that Leonora appreciated her friendship with Stefan Salvatore. He was kind to her, making sure she never felt un-included or lonely- Stefan saw Leonora as a little sister almost.

"I'm alright, I use to know Elijah so it's okay." At her words, Stefan furrowed his brows, he knew that she was a time-traveller- he was the only one to know. But seeing that she knew one of the most deadly creatures on Earth frightened him a little. But he never asked her about it because he could never full grasp the concept of time control and manipulation.

Hearing Leonora continue he listened in. "But Stefan, I was researching the Sun and Moon Curse, right. And I came conjured up some theories of my own. If you'd like to hear?"

"Yes, yes of course. What do you think?" Stefan eagerly asked Leonora, for he knew that she was one, if not, the most intelligence individual he had ever come across- book wise. That was one of the things Stefan liked about his friend, her thirst to know more about the mysteries of the world.

Leading Stefan into the study, Leonora saw as his face became one of shock as he saw the sight before him. Her study had papers scattered everywhere, notebooks with her theories and thoughts filled in- a big whiteboard stood tall at the side of the room where she had information written on both sides.

"You really should clean this some day.." Stefan trailed on, looking at the mess.

"If I did, I wouldn't know so much." Leonora's muffled reply came through but due to his vampire hearing, he heard her perfectly well.

Taking out the book she was previously searching through, she handed it to Stefan and eagerly watched him read. "The curse dated back to 2000 years ago?" Stefan looked up at Leonora in surprise.

"Yup, by a witch called Lorena." Grabbing a book which represents drawings of the sun curse, she shoved it in Stefan's hands while taking back the book. "See there, it says the sun curse was created 500 years ago, but we know for a fact that people have been trying to find the moonstone- which includes both sun and moon curse combined, because Elijah had been trying to look for it. And we know that Elijah is one of the first vampires ever dating back a year ago. Therefore the creation of the curse is wrong. Considering Elijah's been looking for the moonstone for longer than 500 years and Lorena supposedly created the 'sun and moon curse' over 2000 years ago which is before the creation of vampires." Taking a deep breath in after spilling all her thoughts. She rounded to her whiteboard and pointed to where the facts lay up with her speech- further proving her point.

Stefan, used to his best-friends knowledge dumps, tried to take in all her words. "So, the witch Lorena supposedly made the Sun and Moon Curse despite there being no vampires?"

"Correct." Leonora began shuffling through the papers on the floor.

"So what are you suggesting?" Stefan couldn't understand where she was going with this, all she said was confusing him.

"I'm saying that Elijah is using the curse to his advantage. Obviously Elijah doesn't care about the curse given that he is an Original and can walk in daylight with the absence of a daylight ring- despite him still burning and catching on fire. It won't kill him. So why does he need the moonstone?" Leonora tried to make Stefan see her point in all this, however she knew it wouldn't it wouldn't register unless she helped him through it.

"So you're saying he's, what? Going to bargain with it?" Stefan still did not understand where Leonora was going with this.

"Listen to me, what I am saying is that Elijah, is using the 'sun and moon curse' to have both species on the search for the moonstone. What he wants for it, I do not know. But he is using the curse which is completely irrelevant to him so that he has both vampires and wolves getting it's whereabouts. Which has clearly proven worked."

Stefan looked at Leonora with an impressive nod, he understood her completely now. "Okay, well we will keep this in mind now that we know the Moonstone means more than just the sun and moon curse. While you try and figure out what it's going to be used for despite the curse."

"Okay." And with that Leonora hugged Stefan goodnight and closed the door behind him. Eager to get back to her theories and messy study.

But unbeknownst to her, someone was listening in outside her living room window, using their vampire hearing to hear her and Stefan's conversation. Whoever it was, was deeply impressed and proud of the eidetic.

    【--------------】

Leonora met Elena at the front doors of the Salvatore Boarding House, she greeted Elena with a smile before she noticed her necklace was back on her neck instead of the floor from where Elijah threw it. "You got it back?" She questioned.

Elena, looking to see her friends sight set on her necklace, looked down at his and caressed it. "Yup, no idea who got it back for me though." She answered with a shrug.

Both girls were cut off as the door opened to reveal Damon Salvatore, "Hello Elena, Nora." Leonora's eyes bounced between Elena and Damon as they held firm eye contact.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena questioned him. "He called said it was important."

Damon gestured for the two to follow him, and they did so. But Leonora's eyes caught Damon watching Elena's figure walk away, scrunching up her face she went ahead of the two and was greeted by Stefan but upon further inspection of the room she noticed her kidnapper, Rose standing behind him. She caught Rose's eye and watched her silently as Elena asked Stefan what they were doing here.

"What is this about?" Elena asked Stefan, but he didn't give her an answer and instead just moved out the way. Revealing the sight of Rose to Elena who suddenly looked fearful and angry that she was there. "You.."

"Hello Rose." Leonora greeted her with a straight face. She did not hate the girl, all she was doing was trying to gain her freedom after 500 years of running for something she, herself, did not commit. Who was she to dis-allow her that? And anyway, things turned out fine in the end- she had more worrying matters to care about that her old kidnappers whereabouts. If it were Trevor though...

After the Salvatores, Rose, Elena and Leonora all seated themselves in the living room, Rose began to say. "Okay, you have to understand, I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true, and what's not true. That's the problem with all of this vampire crap. But, Klaus I know it real."

At the name of her old friend, Leonora straightened her back eager to hear how he was perceived throughout the years she hadn't seen him.

"Who is he?" Elena asked. Leonora answered for her.

"He is one of the Originals Elena." She said while playing with her knee-high sock.

Damon decided to add onto her comment. "He's a legend."

"One of the first generation of vampires." Stefan also commented from beside Elena.

Remembering Trevors fear, Elena asked. "Like Elijah."

Leonora began to nod but at Rose's next words she frowned and froze from playing with her sock. "No, Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier, Klaus is the real deal." After hearing that, Leonora smiled to herself, she desperately wanted to recite that to Elijah but didn't want to jeopardise Rose's new sudden freedom. Rose saw her smile and gave her a warning look.

Stefan, from the side of the sofa, said. "Klaus is known to be the oldest." Leonora pursed her lips in disagreement but did not otherwise correct them. It was not her right to go blabbering the Originals personal information and neither was she supposed to know. She had deducted it after seeing them so many times and spending a good amount of time with them.

Elena, unfolded her arm and inched closer to Stefan on the sofa. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in history of time is coming after me and Nora?" Leonora nodded along with her words as she still did not know what her part in Klaus desire was.

"No." Stefan denied while shaking his head.

"Yes." Rose said, with a smile.

Leonora looked to Stefan and then Rose as they both said opposite words at the same time, she knew Rose's to be true. She hummed , "Okay then,"

Damon, seeing an on-coming disagreement stood up and faced Leonora and Elena. "I mean, if what she's saying is true-" But he was cut off by Rose. "Which it is." He turned to look at her with a sarcastic smile.

"And you're not saying that so we don't kill you."

Rose looked back to Damon and then back at the girls. "Which I'm not."

"Then were looking at a solid maybe." Damon casually deducted while spreading his arms to the side.

Elena suddenly had a fearful look on her face whereas Leonora didn't look phased, which was true. She knew she was in no great danger, but she couldn't stop the running theories of the curse and what Klaus wants with her out of her head. He could possibly want to use her skill-set seeing as she defeated his father multiple times? Or maybe, he fancied her.. who knows?

Stefan, seeing his ex's fearful look stated. "Look Elijah's is dead right." At this Leonora shook her head, making all heads turn to her.

She simply said. "He's not dead."

Stefan shook his head in warning as Elena turned to the girl next to her in fear and was about to question her but Stefan continued. "No one else knows you two exist."

Rose, agreed with Leonora and nodded along to her words saying. "Actually, Leonora there has a wide influence in the supernatural world. Elena however, not that you know of."

Damon didn't appreciate the comment and turned to Rose. "Not helping."

Stefan still continued to try and reassure the girls that they were completely safe. "I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him." At this Rose and Leonora made eye contact, they both knew that Leonora had seen Klaus and majority of the Originals multiple times. "I mean, were talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know what's real. He could be some stupid bedtime story."

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If your not afraid of Klaus then you're an idiot." Rose just added in to Elena's fear.

Leonora, seeing that this was the end of Rose's information, stood up, dusted her skirt off and walked away saying. "Alright we're trembling, let's go Elena."

Leonora and Elena walked throughout the woods, on their way to the church ruins. However, they were going under, towards the tomb so that her and Elena could interrogate someone who has been running from Klaus for 500 years.

Leonora knew it was a long shot, asking the truth from someone who only knows how to lie. However, if Elena's 'family reunion' book doesn't get her to tell, then Leonora had brought something else, which she knows will work in her favour.

"How did you know I wanted to come out here?" Elena asked her while fiddling with the bag that held the books.

"Because I was going to do the same thing." Leonora glanced back at Elena, answering.

Making their way down to the ruins, Leonora watched for a second as Elena set her bag down on the floor, before casting her hands to glow blue. The power of space, dancing throughout her fingertips, she held out both her hands and encased the doorway to the tomb in her magic, she groaned as she felt the presence of the rock on her being. Gaining a steady stance, Leonora carefully lifted the stone and set it aside, heaving a deep breath after.

"Oh, Katerina. Vieni qui amore, abbiamo qualcosa per te." 'Come here love, we have something for you.' She let her native tongue come to light, receiving a curious glance from the doppelgänger next to her.

"I never did bother to learn the Italian tongue." Leonora watched as Katherine stalked towards the doorway of the tomb, still clad in her masquerade outfit.

"Looking beautifully put together Katherine." The time-traveller mocked the vampire doppelgänger.

Katherine, in her weak state smiled sarcastically at Leonora, before directing her gaze to Elena. "Hello Elena, come to watch me whither away?"

Elena didn't reply, instead taking out something from her bag that she brought. Leonora took off her blazer and put it on the ground before she sat on it, leaning against the wall. Rolling up her white collared sleeves to her elbows she waited for Elena to start interrogating Katherine.

"Does Stefan know you're here?" Katherine croaked out.

Elena, once again ignored her and stated. "I brought you some things."

Katherine's teasing expression turned cold as she spat out. "You came to bribe me. What is it that you want?"

Elena threw the bag on the floor as she ordered. "I want you to tell me about Klaus."

Katherine's eyes went to surprise before her sight shifted to the girl propped up on the floor. Leonora met her gaze and shook her head, signalling to not open her mouth about her and Klaus meeting.

Turning back to Elena, Katherine hummed. "Hmm, you've been busy." Her expression suddenly turned sour as Elena got out her family book.

"It says here, that the family line ended with you. Obviously that's not true."

"You think that if you brought me some
Family keepsake that I'd open up?" Leonora watched Katherine begin to retreat back into the tomb, so she took out something from her pocket- holding it up for the vampire to see.

" Nope, that is why I brought this." Holding up a blood bag, Katherine vamp-sped to Leonora but only managed to bang into the seal.

Elena, mockingly smiled at Katherine, glad that Leonora brought the blood. "You don't look so good. How long before your body begins to shut down? Ten? Twenty years? Must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine."

Seeing Katherine comply and slide down the tomb wall and get comfortable. Leonora opened the blood bag and poured it into a little plastic cup, wrapping the cup with her blue tendrils she moved her pointer finger towards Katherine and the cup followed her movements.

Katherine watched Leonora in hidden fascination, she despised to say it but she was interested in her magic as unlike other witches. Her's had presentation and more effortless power which she had never seen before.

Turning to Elena while rising the cup of blood to her lips she stated, "You have the Petrova fire."

Leonora, seeing Katherine's desperate huffs of relief she poured more into the cup and repeated the same magic as before.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I. Goes all the way back to 1492 England, after I had left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out." Katherine stated.

Leonora, not knowing much about Katherine's past asked. "Thrown out?" Elena also nodded along, with similar confusion.

Katherine, nodded and directed her next words to Elena. "My family, your true ancestors. They disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time."

Her last words had Leonora rapidly thinking. 'At the time' a time which was obviously against all women's freedom and rights. Leonora had deducted that it had to be involving a man or a child, considering women were not allowed to do as pleas without male influence in relation.

Leonora questioned Katherine. "Did you have a child, Katerina?"

Katherine, nodded along to Leonora's words, not at all surprised that she figured it out. "Out of wedlock. The shame."

Elena inputted. "It was kept secret." Which Katherine hummed along to in agreement.

"My baby was given away, I was banished to England. And there I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English."

Leonora felt sympathy for Katherine and pitied the girl, she couldn't imagine her child ever being taken away from her. But she could relate to need to adjust to different surroundings for she had done it multiple times while time-travelling.

"It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first before I saw that he had no affections for me whatsoever due to a little someone." Katherine eyed Leonora, "However, I liked the attention that came with being in association with him so I stayed. Until I found out what he was... And what he wanted from me. And so I ran like hell."

Elena, stood up and began pacing the tomb while Leonora gave Katherine some more blood. "So... what did Klaus want?"

"The same thing he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse."

Elena had a moments of realisation and said. "By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger."

Katherine looked Elena said in the eyes and said. "He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body."

Elena looked fearful while Leonora kept thinking over the link between Elena and Klaus, why did it have to be a doppelgänger? And why does Klaus want to perform a ritual if not for his own personal gain? Elijah, using the moonstone to his own benefit, Klaus using the doppelgängers for his own benefit. It was then Leonora had begun thinking that the 'sun and moon curse' is linked to Klaus somehow. But she does not know..yet.

So instead, Leonora asked. "What does the Petrova bloodline have in association with Klaus?"

Katherine, after drinking more blood began explaining. "It's really tedious, but the curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witched are crafty with their spells."

Leonora, thinking this over said. "The doppelgänger was created as a way to undo the spell and so when a new doppelgänger appeared, the curse can be broken."

Katherine nodded at her words.

Elena, still confused and interested in the doppelgängers history said. "So you ran before he killed you." Which Katherine responded "Something like that."

Pulling her legs up to her chest Elena asked. "Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?"

Katherine shook her head, "No, and not because she had a change of heart."

"That was the moment you turned, wasn't it?" Leonora questioned, making Katherine look at her with an impressive glint.

After Katherine told the story of her transitioning, Elena sat up in shock and disbelief. "You killed yourself?"

Leonora didn't know what to think, this was a girl who had been banished from her homeland and had her child taken away only to find out her soul living purpose was to die. And technically she did die, however with vampire blood in her system- Leonora thought it was a smart play from Katherine. Turning into something stronger and faster allowed her a better chance of survival.

"Klaus needed a human doppelgänger. When I turned I was rendered useless." Katherine said while Leonora gave her more blood.

"But it didn't work. You didn't escape, you've been running ever since." Elena said, pulling her knees closer to her chest.

Katherine sighed and looked around the tomb. "I underestimate his spirit for vengeance. Living out of a suitcase is better than dying so that you could have your blood spilled over some silly rock."

At this Leonora, nodded. She did agree with that aspect, the whole purpose of living just to be used for someone else's benefit didn't sit right with her.

Elena, looked away. Not knowing what to believe nor think, she was terrified that to escape Klaus she would have to follow in Katherine's path and turn into a vampire which she didn't want. She didn't want to out-live her aunt, she didn't want to out-live her little brother.

Katherine, seeing her fear mocked. "What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? You don't wanna die? There is another way out." Leonora watched as Katherine picked up a rock and dug it into the palm of her hand. She stared at the blood, in thought. She knew for if she were in Elena's place, she'd take it and transition.

Elena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she watched Katherine dig in the palm of her hand, drawing blood.

"Better hurry, you opportunity is going...going...going and, gone." Katherine counted down the seconds before her wound healed. "I made the other choice."

Leonora listened intently as Katherine told about the aftermath of her turning, she had fed on Rose and Trevor's compelled maid and ran for it.

Elena began to feel disgust at Katherine's actions, for she had used the love of a hopeless romantic to turn and run. "Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed!"

Leonora thought differently about Trevors dilemma, for he was the one stupid enough to believe he could fool a vampire with much more experience than him. An original at that. However she also believe that you cannot help who you love, so she also pitied him.

Katherine shrugged carelessly. "Never thought he'd last that long." While flicking through the pages of her families history.

Elena looked at her in disgust. "You don't even care that you ruined their lives."

Katherine looked at her in annoyance and spat out at her. "I was looking out for myself Elena. I will always look out for myself. If you're smart, you'll do the same. I know Leonora doesn't completely disagree with my motives."

Leonora looked up as her name was mentioned, she didn't confirm nor deny her statement. Elena looked at Leonora in question, upon seeing no reaction she scoffed and looked away while shaking her head.

Turning back to Katherine, Elena asked while standing back up. "So how much of your little story is true."

Leonora, stood up and dusted herself off any dust. Picking up her blazer she brushed that off aswell and folded it around her arm.

"I have no reason to lie, Elena, Leonora. I have no reason to do anything besides sit here, read and rot." She replied while reading the book.

Pacing the tomb, Elena stated. "Okay, assuming it's even partially true, that's the reason why you came back. Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus."

Katherine threw the book, and slowly made her way to a standing position. "Five hundred years on the run, I figured he'd be willing to strike a deal."

Leonora inputted. "So that's why Mason Lockwood was so eager to find the moonstone. You need to use a werewolf for the curse."

Katherine nodded. "Typical genius."

Elena, seeing where Leonora was going with her point asked. "What else is needed to break the curse?"

Katherine mockingly smiled. "Hmm, look who getting smarter."

"You need all three don't you? Each supernatural needs to be sacrificed." Leonora deducted while rolling down her sleeves. "That's why you triggered Tyler's werewolf curse, with the use of Matt."

"Witches and their spells. So many ingredients." Katherine mocked while tilting her head at Leonora. "You're lucky your not the average witch."

"You were going to use Bonnie weren't you!" Elena shouted while getting closer to the seal.

"Mine bailed, but Bonnie would do just fine." Katherine answered.

"Who else?" Elena demanded, she had a feeling all her friends were going to be sacrificed along with her.

"Could be anyone, really. But, I liked the poetry of Caroline."

Elena backed away in disbelief, shaking her head. "So you were just going to hand us all over to be killed."

Katherine looked Elena dead in the eye and tilted her heading saying her infamous moto. "Better you die than I."

Leonora watched Katherine walk back into the tomb but not before giving her a knowing look.

Leonora and Elena suddenly heard footsteps resonating down to the tomb and Stefan came running down it, alarmed. "Elena, Nora!"

Elena ran to Stefan and grabbed his arms, asking "Stefan, what are you doing here?" Leonora looked back into the tomb, and back at Stefan seeing him already looking at her. He titled his head asking if she were alright and smiled upon receiving a nod.

"I could ask you two the same question." Elena looked away, not being able to bring herself to see the disappointing look on his face.

"It didn't take long to figure out what what so important that you two had gone silent from me." Stefan looked back at the suited time-traveller making sure his point met her ears too.

"Because I'd know you'd try and stop us. Elena shrugged.

Leonora, backed Elena up. "Stefan, Elena wanted answers so we went to the source." This made Stefan shake his head and deny. "No, listen to me, both of you. Whatever she said to you is a lie, all she does it lie. She is a liar."

Elena looked to Stefan in annoyance. "Well what if she isn't? You didn't hear what she said." Making Leonora nod.

Stefan walked to Leonora and dragged her next to Elena, looking into both their eyes he said. "You two don't have to worry. I'm not going to let anything happen to either of you."

Leonora was truly feeling the love from Stefan Salvatore.

But apparently Elena didn't think the same as she let go of Stefan and turned around. "That's the problem. You won't, but you'll die trying. How is that any better Stefan!"

"So you're already giving up? You haven't even tried to find another way Elena." Leonora tried to reason with her. But Elena just shook her head and shouted . "You heard what she sai-" she was cut of by Leonora.

"Yes Elena, I heard what she said, and despite the horrific things that she had to go through, at least Katherine tried to survive and it clearly worked."

Elena, huffed out an angry sigh, not believing a word that left her friends mouth.

Katherine's voice appeared from in the tomb, making all three heads snap towards her. "There's nothing you can do, Stefan. I haven't even told you the best part of the story. He killed them, my entire family. Just to get back at me for running. Whatever you do to escape Klaus, he will get his revenge. On your friends, your family, on anyone that you've ever loved."

Leonora took a step back upon hearing the actions of her past acquaintance. Remembering back to the days where he would heal her wounds, or protect her from Mikael's on-coming attacks. Or the days he would tell her of his passion for painting and make fun of her for her socks. It was hard trying to believe the words Katherine spoke, despite knowing that she was telling the truth, because to her 'Klaus' was 'Niklaus' or 'Nik'. It truly baffled her that during her time with him, he was actually this heartless creature who slaughtered someones family all because she didn't want to die.

And suddenly, Leonora felt like she didn't know the man who she saved so many times. This man she was hearing about was a stranger to her.

Stefan grabbed Elena by her shoulders and whispered to her. "Don't listen to her, okay?"

This made Katherine laugh, "Always the protector. But even you must realize that she is doomed. There is nothing that you can do to stop it, the only one who is safe around here is our little teleporter." Katherine directed her gaze to Leonora, making Stefan do the same.

"What do you mean, she is safe? Klaus wants her too." Stefan tried gaining answers out of Katherine but all she did was laugh.

"You can keep your little Elena safe like our dear Nora, if you have this." She held up the moonstone for the three outside the seal to see.

Seeing Katherine with the moonstone confused Leonora. "Did you guys not think to take it off her at the masquerade?"

But she gained no answer as Stefan pointed at Katherine with annoyance. "Oh, no. There it is. That's the ultimate lie, isn't it? You spun this whole thing so that we would have to get the stone from you? Didn't you?"

Leonora suddenly sees Katherine have a moment of vulnerability, crossing her arms Katherine dully said. "I didn't spin anything, Stefan. It's the truth."

But Stefan wasn't buying it, he walked closer to the tomb while pointing at Katherine. Leonora began her descent up the steps but stopped so she could still hear the conversation. "No, let me guess. You wanna trade that stone for your freedom, huh? You manipulative, psychotic bitch"

Leonora walked to Stefan and grabbed his shoulder making him take a couple steps away from the vampire doppelgänger. She believed Stefan was being unfair to Katherine since she was already down and defeated, why need to belittle her anymore?

"My freedom? That's where you're wrong Stefan. I don't want my freedom. Because when Klaus show up to kill us all, excluding our lovely little Leo here. I will be the tomb, where no vampire will enter because they can't get out. I'll be the safest psychotic bitch in town."  Katherine sneered at him.

"You don't believe he has witches at his beck and call  Kathy?" Leonora teased her. "If anything, you're right where he wants you to be. In an inescapable prison for when he comes to get you."

Katherine eyed Leonora for a couple of seconds, and so did Leonora. Neither looked away as they silently watched one another, before Katherine began retreating into the depths of the tomb. Leonora turned around to see Elena with tears in her eyes, leaving Stefan to comfort the girl, she willed her magic and disappeared in a light of blue.

She gained her footing outside of her house, beginning her walk down stone steps of the pathway a sudden voice rung out. Making her scream out loud.  "Elijah! You cannot do that!"

Elijah watched the girls eyes widen as she screamed at his sudden appearance. "I should be the one startled, you appear out of no where, literally."

Seeing him hold his arm out, Leonora wrapped her arm around his and they begun to walk towards her house. "So what have you been up to Lijah?"

Taking her blazer for her, Elijah answered. "Just went on some visits to a certain knowledgable vampire. What about you Leonora?"

"Just visited Katerina, heard all about what she went through with Klaus." Leonora answered as they made it to her front door, she held out her hand and focused of the space surrounding the door. Flicking her wrist, the door efficiently forced itself open with blue tendrils disappearing around it. Muttering a quick 'come in' her and Elijah entered her home.

Unwrapping his hand from hers, he wandered around her home while answering. "Hm, find out anything interesting dear?"

Going around and turning on all the lamps around her house, she made her way to the mirror and begun undoing her tie. "Just about how Klaus killed her family because she ran."

Elijah sat in an armchair, watching Leonora un-do her tie and roll up the sleeves of her shirt. "Yes, I never did agree with Niklaus's decisions regarding that matter."

Turning around and making her way to the kitchen, knowing Elijah can still hear her, she answered. "How could you? You fancied her." She begun making tea for the original with a hint of blood, knowing he'd appreciate it.

Leonora did not hear a reply, but even as she entered the room and set Elijah's drink down in-front of him, he still did not reply. Looking up to see him watching her she carried on. "Don't look so phased, it was easy to figure out."

Beginning to take un-do the laces of her boots, hands suddenly took hers and put them on her lap. Elijah was kneeling in-front of her and begun to un-do her laces for her while talking to her. "Your mind always did fascinate me Leonora."

Leaning back and watching Elijah take off her shoes, she replied. "I'm glad, no one around here seems to appreciate it." Crossing her arms and turning her head away, she sulked at the fact that no one was surprised at her wisdom anymore. She always did love the element of surprise when speaking her knowledge.

Chuckling and putting her shoes aside and sitting down once again on the armchair he took small sips of the tea. Smiling softly at the subtle taste of blood.  "Well I'm sure they've gotten used to your little rants dear, which reminds me. You're correct."

Leonora turned to the vampire with confusion. "I know, but what about?"

Elijah chuckled and answered, getting comfortable in the chair. "About me using the 'Sun & Moon Curse' to my own benefit. You were correct." He knew he was exposing himself to listening in to that conversation while outside of her house, but he had a feeling Leonora wouldn't focus on that part.

Sitting up straight, Leonora gained a big smile of her face, her brown eyes full of happiness. "I knew it! Oh, you have no idea how long I had been researching to come to that small conclusion."

Smiling at her enthusiasm Elijah carried on. "It is not small, it is more than your little friend group could begun to fathom. But yes, I am using it to my own personal gain."

Playing with the ends of her skirt, Leonora began to get confused at the whole ordeal. "Wait, you weren't in that conversation. Were you outside my house." Realisation set on her face. "You were, weren't you."

Elijah said nothing but smile, making her raise her eyebrows at him in a strict expression. "Eli."

His smile grew at the nickname, lifting his arms to the side he admitted. "Yes, I admit. I was outside listening in, however I am glad I did, you had come to a very good and true conclusion. It impressed me."

Crossing her legs, making sure her skirt didn't reveal anything, Leonora continued the conversation. "Well I'm glad I impressed the Elijah Mikaelson."

Elijah liked this. He liked the feeling of comfortability and the ability to let loose around a friend. The more the conversation progressed the more Elijah valued his friendship with the time-traveller. 

Remembering back to her kidnapping, Leonora asked. "Eli?" Gaining a hum in reply, she continued. "What does Klaus want with me? I'd begun to believe that he wanted security, seeing as throughout you guy's life I had protected you. But the more I think about, the more I begin to get confused"

Elijah silently watched as her mind raced, he always did love watching her just think and study. For he was also one who enjoyed the knowledge of life and learning. Being one of the educated of the Originals, he was interested in Leonora's way of learning since all she needed to do was read a book one time and she'd remember every detail.

Crossing his legs and resting his hands on the arms of the chair, he begun explaining. "The first time you time-travelled to 1328, you gained the curiosity of Niklaus. Your clothing, your way of speaking, your mindset, your abilities, your bravery taking on Mikael. It interested us all, but Niklaus most of all. After our first encounter, he couldn't stop wondering when you'd next appear, for we knew that you were a time-traveller as you stated to our father. But he began thinking of you multiple times throughout the day. And each era you would appear in to inevitably save us from the wrath of our father, he would fall more and more infatuated with you."

This startled Leonora, for she did not know that by saving a poor blonde damsel that she'd gain the eye of one of the most dangerous person in history. "People know about me, why? Besides that coven I took down, people knew my name without meeting me even though I have only been in the supernatural world no more than 15 years."

Elijah watched her reaction closely, many who heard that they had someone infatuated  with them to the point of obsession did not take too well. But surprisingly, Leonora was as calm as ever, asking just the right questions.

"You've thought about this before, I presume?" Upon receiving a nod he continued. "Well, after your second appearance in the 1400s, Klaus was very much attentive to you. And so throughout history he would deem you 'protected' to anyone he crossed. He would mention you to his encounters with others and soon you were known as 'The Hybrids Protected.'"

"Terrible name."

"I quite like it."

Leonora scrunched her face up at Elijah, "So, Klaus is practically obsessed with me and has protected me from eras I haven't even been in?"

Elijah nodded. "Correct."

Leonora slowly nodded her head, thinking. After a couple of seconds of silence she replied. "Okay."

Elijah, sat forward in complete surprise. "Okay? Leonora are you feeling well?"

She laughed at Elijah's concern. "Perfectly. I don't see the problem besides I have a not so secret admirer. But other than that, I am practically untouched-able, I see this as a win."

The Original was completely caught of guard, any sane person would have an issue with this. But this, insane minor had no issue with it and even deemed it a possible good thing. "You do realise, your friends may turn on you after hearing this, right?"

She nodded, but did not seem phased. "They already don't trust me. They know I use to know you and have already deemed me unworthy."

Elijah nodded at this and stared at Leonora in fascination. After a second he stood up and picked up his cup, walking towards the kitchen he came back and walked towards the front door. "Well, Leonora, this evening has been pleasing. I am thankful you invited me into your home." Opening the door he stepped out but stopped at her next words.

"Your my friend Eli."

The word 'friend' tasted foreign on his tongue, throughout history he never had time for friends because he was either on the run or in a box. He had never comprehended the concept of having a close someone who wasn't his siblings. But he was willing to try for her.

"You're my friend too , Leonora."

Scarlet side note:
So... Elijah. I love their dynamic. I want them to be bestfriends. I tried to inter-put Leonora as much throughout this story but when Klaus arrives is when it really kicks off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
185K 7.3K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
53.8K 1.4K 37
๐™Ž๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™š๐™ญ๐™˜๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ. ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ก...