My Shining Star

بواسطة Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... المزيد

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
🍋 Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 54: Family problems

417 29 0
بواسطة Myuseriszoey

3rd POV

During the war Sebastian, Caius, Rowan and Raymond all traveled around. They helplessly searched for their mate. The feelings of worry and panic arose inside of them to where she had gone. They didn't know where or who might have taken her. All they wanted was Maxine back in their arms.

They remembered last season, the morning before the war started. It was like any other morning. Wake up and get ready for the day. The small murmurs amongst leopard guards talking. While the three jaguar cubs happily ran through the hallway once their father finally opened the bedroom door.

The lively atmosphere inside the palace was full of serenity. They heard the morning birds chirping and the breezy wind running through rustling trees. The most wonderful thing of all was hearing their mate's soft snores in bed. The males knew that waking up in the morning they would instantly smile. Seeing their mate sleeping peacefully.

With Caius leaving to attend his duties as a king. Rowan soaring high in the sky, scouting the city. Raymond and the cubs play while Sebastian cooks breakfast. Nothing could ever ruin the lively atmosphere inside their sweet home.

But until that fateful morning everything completely changed. Alfred the tiger king commenced war. He boldly claimed dominance over the beast city, in wanting to be the one and only ruler. Loud roars of tigers filled the air. A dark shadow that rendered the air once warm now turned cold and dark. It ultimately signaled a tragedy that will soon emerge within the depths.

Sounds of cries and screams were heard when the tiger clan began invading. The once tranquil and harmonious city filled with orcs chattering were gone. Terror and shock were many of the emotions felt when the tiger king not only commenced war. But had an army of feral scorpions and snakes in support.

The many stomps and bloodshed spreaded among the city. With the panic and mayhem going on. The three kings began tirelessly sending out backup guards to fight off the never ending ferals invading. The leopard orcs were immediately evacuated moving out from territory to territory.

It was like a game of chess. When all three kings fought against the evil king who wanted control over the city. Unlike Alfred, he was one king that needed to behead three kings to take over. Though it looked like the tiger king was at a complete disadvantage, he wasn't. With his loyal tiger subjects and feral beastmen he recruited along the way. He was at top, watching as his future city fell into his advantage. He was confident that the beast city would be his.

He will soon be the great beast king while his mate Nancy, will be queen. Both Alfred and Nancy watched as their loyal subjects did all the work demolishing the orcs that blocked their way.

Long hours of fighting took place that day. The beast city that was initially formed by four kings in separate tribes were split. The beast city that once seeked salvation in protecting and defending females was gone. Many orcs were wounded and some dead due to the chaos. All of Maxine's mates were occupied fighting alongside the war. Thinking that Maxine was safe in the leopard castle due to it being heavily guarded. No one could invade it easily.

However, they were wrong.

Due to Alfred the tiger king attacking the leopard territory first. It became the main battle field. Murmurs among orcs broke out. The barriers that secured the leopard castle were broken once Alred came marching with his tiger subjects to claim over the leopard territory. The thick stone wall and leopard guards patrolling were wiped out.

The enemy lines started invading the leopard territory due to it being the strongest. Once conquered they would make their way to the two other territories. Caius, who heard the news from the borders of the leopard territory, began rushing towards the castle. In an effort to save his mate who was there.

Sebastian, who was fighting alongside the leopards, felt that something was off. When they heard the loud steps marching down to the leopard castle. A wave of electric shock spread through his body.

When he focuses his ears to the sound his instincts are correct. A surge of distress emerged inside that made Sebastian's heart thump violently. He knew something was off. He and Raymond rushed back home to where their mate was.

A sense of fear and urgency invoked inside of them. Making them run as fast as they can before it's too late. The thought of the tiger king's army invading their home was what worried them. When running through the battlefield they passed many warriors along the way. There were injured soldiers while others laid dead. The battlefield reeked blood and sweat as well as the linger of rotting bodies in the air.

The thought of seeing their mate being affected in the war was the last thing they wanted. Sebastian swiftly rushed running in like lightning. The numerous tigers he and Raymond passed came chasing them down but were ignored.

Sebastian's orange eyes only looked ahead and at the top of the castle on the third floor was where Maxine was. Instead of using the stairs he leaped in the air landing on the palace roof.

By the time Sebastian arrived, the moment he opened the familiar door to their bedroom. He endearingly called her name out loud. All hope was lost inside of him, seeing nothing but a ruined room. His orange eyes trembled seeing the room that once held many memories was destroyed. The stone walls were in pieces while the furniture was ripped to shreds. He ran searching through rubble, pulling and pushing stones off. But in the end his wife was not there. There was only the smell of tigers lingering inside the room.

Sebastian 's averted to the bed where she slept was now in pieces. A dark murderous glint appeared in his eyes.

He growled as he knew that they had taken his precious wife away.

(TIME PASSED)

It had been a whole season (1 year) since the war and with the help of the ape, wolf, and leopard king. The ongoing fight against Alfred the tiger king has eventually come to an end.

It took months to repair the city that was wrecked during the war. Leopard ocrs and other refugees that lived in the Ape king's castle now went back home. Alfred, who began the war, managed to flee along with Nancy and other loyal tigers.

The feral snakes and scorpions were eventually killed. Some ferals were lucky enough to escape with a few missing limbs left behind. The immediate massacre of ferals still left in the city was enforced upon all three beast kings. All loyal subjects that once served the tiger king were banished and stripped out of their status. Any members of tiger royalty that supported the once tiger king were either killed or banished off to the farlands located in the desert.

Due to the war the southern palace in the leopard territory was in shambles. The members of leopard royalty moved into the main leopard palace. Rowan and Raymond searched for Maxine. Caius was tirelessly sending out multiple search parties while tackling the many issues after the war.

————— 3rd POV

Inside the leopard palace in a large room on the third floor, there were many books and papers piled. A cluttered room that was both Caius's office and bedroom. During and after the war Caius's work stacked more and more when the days passed.

He arrived back an hour after managing his territory. Upon opening his office door it was still the same from last season. A messy office with books and papers cluttered while some of his prey was on the floor.

Haven't eaten in a couple of weeks, Caius came towards the boar Raymond gave to him in the morning. He dragged it out from the corner and with one swish he ripped apart the boar's leg. The bones cracked and blood gushed out, dripping on the floor. Caius held the feet like it was a chicken leg and with his sharp teeth he devoured the boar.

Soon after Caius was done eating the whole boar. The only left was the bones and skull. He averted his eyes to the balcony and as predicted Rowan came flying in. A heavy gush of wind passed through the open balcony door. Seeing Rowan in his beastmen form with his large dark majestic wings on his back.

"Did you find any leads?" Caius questioned while wiping off his mouth that was covered in the boar's blood.

Rowan shook his head as no. Feeling disappointed that he couldn't track any clues to where their mate had gone.

Caius sighed, rubbing the top of his head. He frowned, feeling dejected yet angry that their mate was still not found. Everyday with her missing he felt hopeless. Their searches for her were still ongoing and they have yet to find any clues to her whereabouts.

The office was dark and quiet. The two males inside felt hopeless by how long it was. Inside their hearts they felt nothing but anguish.

" At dusk we are meeting up with the others to find him? Are you in?" Rowan questioned.

"Didn't that bastard escape a couple of months ago just after he was found? Have you found out where he might have gone?! Where is he!"

When Rowan mentioned Alfred the once tiger king Caius's golden eyes glared at Rowan. Caius frowned hearing Alfred's name as he was the one who did all of this. Every orc in the city has gone through pain and suffering from Alfred's actions. Caius was surprised to hear news from Rowan about Alfred. He knew that Alfred escaped after being found a couple of months ago.

He thought that it would take longer for his search parties to find him again. But was glad Rowan who was the best scout in the city might have a lead to his whereabouts. If they find him then they are sure to get information out of him, to where Maxine might have been taken.

" Two days ago, I found a cave in the west region near the woodsman forest. I'm not too sure if they are still there. But I can confirm that the cave had his scent and many other tigers. There was a campfire lit by the side of the cave not too long ago. I spotted a tiger that was the tiger queen's mate. I don't want to risk myself getting spotted. But it sure looked like they were hiding in there. I don't know how many are with them so it's better to take them down together. Are you in?"

" So they are in the woodsman forest you say? Isn't that the border near the forgotten forest? How bold of them to go live in such a place." Caius sarcastically remarked. He laughed after hearing where they had hid. It was smart for them to hide near the woodsman forest as no orc in their right mind would ever search there.

After all, it was near the forgotten forest. The saying goes, once an orc enters the forgotten forest they never come out. Being the one of ten orcs who had survived and experienced what it was like. Caius knows that the forgotten forest was the most dangerous of them all. It was a breeding ground for demonic beasts. Presumably the source to where gigantic colassals grow and multiply.

" Yea, I'm in! Though I can't help but wonder where Sebastian and the cubs are?"

" They are all in the medical room in the east wing. Lezon came to heal Sebastian's wounds an hour ago. The cubs were with me earlier but they ran to find him."

"Alright," Caius remarked.

After their brief conversation Rowan left and both males went right back to work.

** 3RD POV

Passing through many doors inside the vast leopard castle. On the east wing a room far from the others had a certain brown haired male inside.

Sebastian, who had finally reached his fifth mark during the war, was now at the medical room. He was the one that led millions of orcs to war. But now the strong and invincible leader was stuck resting in bed due to the wounds. His three cubs were the only ones by his side. They laid on top of his bed, relaxing.

The atmosphere inside the medical room was dead quiet. Sean, Sage, and Sam who were usually filled with joy, observed their surroundings. Thinking now that their new home in the main leopard palace is really boring.

The cubs looked up, shifting their attention to the orc in front of them. It was their father, who was sitting in bed. His dull eyes stared off into the distance. He had wrapped bandages all around his body down to his hips. The bandages that wrapped his body covered the deep wounds he got from war. When he stared at the window, the cubs saw his long sulking face. As if he was waiting for something to happen.

The atmosphere in the medical room was silent. He can hear the sound of the wind through the window as it strokes his hair. The quiet wind fluttering in the room played a faint tune through his ears.

"Daddy" Sam spoke up.

Sebastian turned and looked down below with a blunt face at his son. He saw his youngest cub's big orange teary eyes. Sam stuttered for quite some time trying to blurt out what he wanted to say. The cub feared that his father would only snap at him like how he did during the war.

As Sam was stuttering out some words quietly. Sebastian remembered that after his wife's disappearance, last season. It became even more difficult for him. He had many duties and responsibilities to do at once, that it became overbearing. He wasn't proud of the decisions he made. Stopping the war and finding his wife was what was important. He knew that he neglected his cubs. Often leaving them with Lezon or Maxine's friend Jessica.

Whenever his three cubs pleaded for him to stay. It would always fail with him snapping at them to stop whining. Their relationship during the war became strained. Due to how young his cubs were they couldn't understand his situation. Although the cubs knew the basics of hunting. Sebastian couldn't take the risk. The war was far too dangerous for little cubs to be in. With his wife missing for a whole season, their cubs were the only ones that made him stay sane.

" I-Is momma okay? When daddy heal, will you find and bring mommy bawck?" Sam finally said.

"Of course, I will bring her back. Mommy is stronger than you think. She loves us very much and will never leave."

Sebastian, who saw Sam's tears drop, quickly wiped them away. He lightly patted his son's head for reassurance. But Sam flinched out of the sudden touch on the head.

"Crying won't solve anything, instead act tough and strong," Sebastain said with certainty.

"NO! IT-" Sean yelled, disagreeing with his father's words. But was interrupted by Sage.

"IT'S LIE! I SAW DADDY SAD SO SAGE CRY"

The room was filled with silence as everyone inside was occupied with their own thoughts. A second passed by then all the cubs started wailing. When the two other cubs heard Sage's words. They couldn't help but uncontrollably cry as they wailed for their mother. They were teary eyed and emotionally distressed as they meowed loudly.

"I miss mommy!"

"Come back, mommy! I be good! Sage won't bite mommy dwess!"

"Mommy!"

Sebastian who stared at his weeping cubs couldn't find it in himself to tell them to stop. He understood their feelings completely. He too also wanted to cry so badly as he misses his wife. At times like this, Maxine would reassure all of them with soothing words. His wife's bright smile and affectionate hugs was what cheered him up the most. But with her gone Sebastian doesn't know what to do right now.

Sebastian growled in irritation hearing his cub's ear piercing cries. That made his eardrums thump in protest. He had no clue what to make of his situation. In the past it was mainly his wife that soothed the cubs. But now since she is not here it was all up to him.

From what Sebastian remembered last week when he couldn't soothe his youngest. Rowan did it for him soothing the crying Sam. He huffed a sigh, deciding to exactly copy what Rowan did. He extended his hand out reaching for three of his cubs. He scooped them up, holding them close to him. With his cubs on his lap he gave them a big gentle hug.

The cubs that were crying earlier stopped. Processing what was happening. They looked up and saw they were being held by their father. Most of the time their father would usually smack or snap at them to stop. But seeing his arms curled into their body, they welcomed it. Since their father never did this before. It was a rare opportunity to be comforted by their father out of all orcs. Soon the cubs cry died down and only small sniffles can be heard in the room.

Through the open window the light had a reflection and it became sundown. The cubs that cried not too long ago fell asleep on the bed where their father sat.

Sebastian angrily growled, gritting his teeth knowing that it has been a whole season since his wife's disappearance. Despite all of them looking for her constantly, all around the forest while Caius sends out search parties. There weren't any leads to where she had gone. Not one single clue. By now they were starting to lose hope. It felt like she completely vanished.

Sebastian wanted nothing more than to find and retrieve his precious wife back. It became hopeless for him. Due to his severe injuries gained from the war that limited him from searching. He clenched his fists tightly. He blamed Alfred for his whole family's misery.

An orange murderous glow tinted across his eyes as he made up his mind once and for all. Tonight Sebastian knew he had to track down the tiger king! Hearing that Rowan might have a lead, he will make Alfred cough up information to where his wife was. That tiger has to be the culprit to his wife's abduction!

(TIME PASSED)

As the sunsets, Sebastian soon sets off leaving his sleeping cubs behind. Since his cubs knew how to hunt, they were able to fend for themselves until they returned. He met up with the others Raymond, Rowan and Caius by the side gate.

Their long expedition to the west religion will be far. So, Caius, who will be gone to search for their mate. Made the second leopard in command a substitute for his absence.

When the males were about to set off in their expedition small little feet came running towards them.

"Daddy!" Sean yelled.

"Don't leave. You stop! We come too!"

"Yea! Sage come, Sean come, and Sam come"

The little jaguar cubs that were only two years old started pleading to their fathers to take them along.

"No. Go back home!" Sebastian said as he came forward lightly pushing his sons whenever they kept following them.

Even though their father denied their request. The cubs were persistent in coming along. They too wanted to help search for their mother. The cubs knew that when hanging out with their fathers. They all saw their eyes stare mindlessly in the distance like they were lost. The cubs knew that their fathers might be thinking about their mom.

When their own jaguar father refused to let them come. The jaguar cubs moved on to their other fathers. They thought that if they persuade their other fathers they will agree to let them come. With their jaguar father trying to shoo them away back home. The cubs were against it and split up moving around Sebastian.

The cubs began rubbing their bodies on to their other fathers. They purred as their fur lightly brushed against theirs. Sam who rubbed his body on Rowan showed his big pink eyes. Sam knew that his father Rowan was similar to his mom whenever soothing him. If he begs and cries then his father Rowan has to give in and let them join.

When the males saw the jaguar cubs begging, some huffed a sigh seeing how determined they were. When they held them back home they would come running back to them. Even if it meant digging and breaking windows to escape.

Their willingness to help was admirable but they were too young to be much of help. Letting them join in help of searching would only cause inconvenience for them. It would only slow them down when traveling. Letting them stay home was the only way. Opposed to traveling in the forest with them.

It was their duty to protect the cubs while their mate was away and worry if the cubs end up getting hurt. The males didn't want to deliver the bad news to their mate when she returned. It makes their heart ache to see their mate's distraught face seeing the cubs injured.

"Hmmm.." Sebastian thought. Seeing his sons so persistent an idea popped into his mind. Caius, Rowan, and Raymond looked at him with a confused face as to why Sebastian was smiling all of a sudden.

"Okay, come follow us cubs"

When the three cubs heard their own father's words. Their big eyes sparkled in excitement. They jumped cheering in excitement that their pleads worked.

"What?! The cubs need to stay home!" Raymond argued.

"Yea, wasn't that your plan from the start? Why change it now?" Caius questioned.

"Everyone just follow me," Sebastian vaguely said with a smile.

When they set off, the jaguar cubs running with their fathers were in joy. They were quite shocked to hear their own jaguar father agreeing. The important thing to the cubs was that they now can help their fathers search for their mother.

Little did the cubs know that once departing their father's smile was a part of his trickery. The cubs had no idea that they ran straight into his trap.

In the end, they were secretly dropped off at Lezon's home. When seeing their grandpa wolf giving them food. The cubs were so busy eating food similar to their momma's food that they didn't see their fathers departing.

-ty for reading

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

370K 17.1K 10
Sometimes a witch or wizards magical signature is so completely incompatible with another that they repel one another like magnets. On the other hand...
7.8K 458 9
Allisara is about to be crowned Queen of Zalaris with her memories back and her life starting to return to normal. Her people love her, at least tha...
17K 243 64
"𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚...
2.9M 82.9K 25
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...