Selfish Escape (Boruto)

By Sumirequeen

*Characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, OCs and plot belong to me This follows the manga More

Chapter 2: A Place To Belong
Chapter 3: Run In
Chapter 4: Ask No Questions
Chapter 5: Control
Chapter 6: Karma Power
A/N

Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)

730 5 0
By Sumirequeen

"Why... why you!?" a boy shouted in anger as he choked a boy who was not much younger than he was. "Why isn't it me!? I can't see you fitting the criteria... What makes you so special?"

"The heck... are you talking about!?" the younger boy retorted.

The older boy threw him to the ground. He wore a poker face as he stared at the boy who grovelled in the ground. But behind that poker face, wore a face of disgust.

He's so strong... The younger boy thought. Is he a monster?

"I'm jealous of you, Kawaki," the older boy said, activating his White Karma. "And I hate you so much. If you weren't the chosen vessel... I'd kill you right now."

"Ah!" Kawaki shouted, jumping up.

"Are you okay, Kawaki? You were tossing and turning," a purple haired girl - Kakei or Shigaraki Sumire - said.

Kawaki was panting as he sweated. "Just a dream. It's nothing," he reassured.

"You're still having nightmares of Jigen discipling you?" an older man - Sanzu Amado - questioned.

"Sometimes, but this one involved Code," Kawaki said. "He was whiny and resentful, as usual. Even though I'm not a vessel anymore."

"Your assessment there is wrong," Amado said. "You misunderstand." Sumire and Kawaki turned their attention to the old geezer. "You're still Otsutsuki Isshiki's vessel, Kawaki. And that will never change," he said.

Kawaki glare deepened. "Huh? What are you saying?" he questioned as Sumire was speechless.

"Isshiki's soul may have been extinguished, eliminating any chance of him possessing you. But... It doesn't change the fact that you are his vessel," Amado explained.

Kawaki, to no one's surprise, had become pissed. "You bastard! Shut up right now. I don't want to hear it!" he shouted at the old man.

"Your body remaining Otsutsuki-fied is proof of that. That's your reality. You need to accept it," Amado continued, ignoring the pissed of Kawaki, who probably could kill him judging from the anger he produced.

Kawaki's arm transformed and held Amado against the wall. Sumire gasped in shock. "KAWAKI!" she cried.

"Are you deaf, you geezer!? I told you to stuff it!" Kawaki shouted. "I'm fed up with you!"

Amado barely showed any reaction. "And the plan to implant Boruto's Karma into Code is not a bad idea in theory... If it works, Boruto can resurrect and be saved and you'll get rid of Code. Two birds with one stone," Amado continued. "However... though imperfect, Code already has a Karma. So it's highly questionable whether you'd even be able to implant his body with another Karma. Plus... even if you succeed, Boruto cannot resurrect until extraction is completed and Code's body is fully Otsutsuki-fied.

But he won't wait around for that to happen, of course. He'll strike first, and try to kill all of you, starting with Lord Hokage, to advenge Isshiki's death. You want to protect Lord Hokage, right? Then that plan's no good. You just need more power to deal with Code. Enough to take him down," Amado finished his "speech".

Everyone was silent as Kawaki let Amado go.

"Do you think Lord Seventh can win against Code? Like with Delta?" Kawaki questioned after a while.

Amado lit a smoke. "I'm not sure. It's unclear how much less power he has without Nine Tail's chakra, but I suspect he'd die one-on-one versus Code," he voiced his opinion. "It certainly won't go the way it did with Delta. You know that, deep down. You want power, don't you, Kawaki? Haven't you been thinking that ever since you lost the Karma?"

Sumire wore a confused look, while Kawaki's glare deepened ever more, if that was possible. "Get to the point, old man," Kawaki demanded.

"So take it for yourself. Especially since Isshiki's gone for good. Brand new power, in the form of a Karma that's purely a weapon," Amado said.

A Karma... that's purely... a weapon? Sumire's thoughts began running wild.

"You have the base criteria, and I can make it happen," Amado continued.

"Are you suggesting I let you implant me with Karma again?" Kawaki growled in anger at the even mere thought of having Karma printed on his body again. "Are you out of your mind!?"

"That's exactly it," Amado said. "Come on... You know you subconsiously want it."

"And you, of all people, know how much I absolutely loathe Karma," Kawaki retorted, refusing Amado's offer.

"I do, indeed. But I also know that you're rational and will use any means necessary to achieve your goals, just like me," Amado continued his persuasion.

Kawaki glared before turning away. "No, no way. I'm leaving," he said.

"Just remember," Amado spoke up again. "It's all up to you, Kawaki. The choice is in your hands."

Sumire watched Kawaki take his jacket and walk off, her eyes casting downward at the back of her first love's adoptive brother. "Kawaki..." Amado remained quiet as he smoked.

***

In the snowy mountain, in a remote location, where a cult, created by one of Kara's Inners, Boro, was located, three people were inside a, sort of, bar - a woman, a young man, and a small, old man.

"Poor Kawaki," the girl said, seeing and hearing everything that happened with her Senrigan. "He truly cares for the Hokage. Seems he's in distress over his own helplessness at being unable to protect the Hokage from you. It's too painful for me to watch." She side-eyed the young man. "Code... won't you consider letting the Hokage off the hook?" she asked innocently.

"Sorry, but no," Code rejected her. "Otsutsuki Isshiki is my God, in whom I still have faith. And, no matter the reason, the Hokage and the others killed that God. It's absolutely unforgivable. They must all be punished, without exception."

"Hold on. You promised not to kill Kawaki," the girl - Eida - interjected.

"I know. I'm making a special exception for him, out of respect for you," Code reassured her. "But that's why I can't budge on the Hokage. He's my number one target. I'll kill him with my own hands."

"All right. Fine," Eida said. "Make sure Kawaki doesn't find out I'm involved. I don't want him to hate me."

Crazy freaks! The tiny man - Bug - thought to himself in worry for his safety. "J-Jush wondering, how long are you sticking around?" he asked.

"Stop sweating the small stuff. Look, I need a refill," Eida said. "You're so gauche."

"Ha... ha... Coming right up," Bug said. Witch! How dare you order me about!

"I killed two guards at the door, and six more getting to Bug's room, but there're a lot more soldiers here, aren't there?" Code spoke up. "Might be a bother if they find out you're awake."

"Right!? Y-You should hurry up and getting going!" Bug interjected. "I'll take care of matters here for you!"

"It's no big deal," Eida shut him down. "No one can get their hands on me. What's the rush?"

"That's true. I'm so drawn to you, in such a natural way that I still find it hard to believe that it's due to your ability," Code said.

"Be that as it may," Bug interjected again. "You're not going to get anything done by dawdling here. If you want Kawaki, you need to act!" Hurry up and get out of here!

"Take it easy. It goes without saying, but both the Hokage and Kawaki are being guarded around the clock. Plus, the five Kage are hunting Code," Eida said, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Right. So what's the plan?" Code asked.

"We take our time, and opportunity is bound to present itself," Eida said. "My Senrigan Clairvoyant eyes will spot it."

"Yeesh. It'd be a breeze if I could just get these limiters rescinded. Oh, well... I think I can still win against Hokage and Uchiha if I fight them one-on-one," Code said.

"By the way, don't count on my combat ability. I can only preform simple Taijutsu," Eida said.

"For real? I thought you'd be a amazing fighter, too," Code said, sounding disappointed.

Eida didn't turn to him as she spoke. "The total opposite. To begin with, I don't like engaging into barbaric acts. I don't like pain, either," she explained.

"I see. So delicate," Code commented.

Get a grip, Code! She's making you soft, you fool! Aren't you ashamed? Bug thought to himself, staring worriedly at the two.

"That's why you and I are aligned," Eida said. "I'll be your eyes and ears, and in return, you'll be my guardian knight."

"Your knight... Sure, works for me," Code said. "But what if you find yourself alone with Kawaki and he tries to kill you?"

"Seriously? What a detestable question," Eida said.

"But it's not impossible. Kawaki and Boruto are Otsutsuki. You can't beguile them," Code said. "That's what's appealing to you, yet it can also work against you... and thus, me."

Eida shifted her eyes to the side, suddenly becoming less confident then she was two seconds ago. "I suppose. I was hoping to aviod this, but..." She turned around, leaning against the counter. "Come with me, Code. I'll introduce you to my best friend and other knight."

***

In Konohagakure, Kawaki was walking by himself in the crowed streets. He was lost in thought, not even noticing Nara Shikadai heading over to him.

"You want power, don't you? Haven't you been thinking that ever since you lost the Karma?" Amado's voice echoed in Kawaki's head. "So take it for yourself. Brand new power, in the form of a Karma that's purely a weapon."

"Hey, Kawa-"

"I SAID, SHUT UP!!" Kawaki interrupted Shikadai, scaring people around him. His eyes widened after he realised what had happened and stared at everyone, who stared back; some looked concern, some looked scared, and some looked disgusted.

Shikadai felt bad and headed over to Kawaki, pulling him along with him. "Ignore 'em," he whispered. "Just walk." Kawaki did as the Nara told him. After walking for a while in silence, Shikadai spoke up. "Who and what you are is being kept top secret, so civilians shouldn't know anything, but... ever since Isshiki attacked, a lot of rumors've been flying around. Both true and false," Shikadai explained. "But don't you mind them. Konoha's your home, no matter what anyone says. I mean, Lord Seventh, himself, has deemed it, so..."

"Sorry to make you put up with me," Kawaki apologised, probably for the first time in his entire life.

"Quit it with the glum face," Shikadai said. "I bet they're all just scared. You keep holding your head high."

"Yeah, thanks," Kawaki said softly.

***

In the lab, Sumire stood behind Amado, who was working on the computer, while smoking, as usual.

"Um, what was that... all about earlier?" Sumire asked softly.

"Hm?"

"About Kawaki's Karma! Whatever did you mean?" Sumire asked.

Amado didn't attempt to look at her. "It's just as I laid out, Kakei. Weren't you listening?"

"What I don't get is your intent," Sumire clarified herself.

"Did you wish to be my assistant... to spy on me? I suppose Shikamaru put you up to it," Amado said.

"P-Please don't change the subject!" Sumire said.

"Hmph. You're doing it, too, but fine. As you know, Kawaki's Karma was deleted. However, as I mentioned earlier, the Otsutsuki data that was downloaded into his body still remains. In short, nothing's truly changed," Amado explained. "Here... Let's liken Kawaki-as-a-vessel to a house. The Karma would be the house's door. Isshiki's soul was the homeowner, but with the door gone, he could no longer enter the house.

Meanwhile, Isshiki's life span runs out and his soul is extinguished. Do you see it now? Even though it has no door, the house itself still exists. And inside that house, Isshiki's power continues to sleep. I'm not able to set such a thing up from scratch. But reopening that door? That much I can do, that's all."

"You mean you can reconstruct Kawaki's Karma?" Sumire questioned.

"That's an apt way to put it," Amado said.

"Oh, wow," Sumire said in realisation.

"Just like with Kawaki, Isshiki implanted Code's Karma, but Code failed to become a vessel, so it merely lends him strength," Amado continued. "It's a powerful weapon... A great asset for a warrior. And since Isshiki is no more, there's no downside to Kawaki having the Karma again. So he ought to pursue it. Especially considering the impending threat."

Sumire sweatdropped. "Is that really all of it?" she questioned. "There are no other reasons you want to restore Kawaki's Karma?"

***

Back in the snowy mountain location, Code, Bug and Eida arrived at two capsules. Code's eyes narrowed as Bug walked over to the remote to open the two capsules.

"Another two cyborg that Boro stashed here? What sort?" Code questioned.

"Well, the only ones, other than an Otsutsuki, who is capable of killing me," Eida explained.

"Huh?" Code inquired, but got no answer.

"Bug," Eida called.

"Uh... Are you sure? Not them. Anything but them," Bug tried reasoning, but to no avail. Eida's hard glare made Bug press the button on the first capsule.

The door opened and a girl's shadow was seen. She looked around 14. She had a black short dress, which had sleeves but showed her shoulders, a light brown waistband, a kunai holster on her right leg, thick heeled boots that were just under her knees, and black bands on her wrists (photo above). She had waist-length, pink hair with blue and green stripes. Her eyes were exactly like Eida's.

"Morning," Eida called, the girl's eyes shifted to her sister, completely disreguarding Bug and Code. She walked towards Eida, stopping in front of the older girl.

"Next one, Bug," Eida said. "Do it. Now."

"Dammit!" Bug pressed another button and the second capsule's door opened, but it was empty.

"It's empty," Code said, examining it.

"He's done it again," Eida said, wrapping an arm around the younger girl, who blankly stared at the emtpy capsule.

"HEYYYYY!" A boy, around the girl's age, jumped and landed on Code's back. "Who're you!? YOU SIS'S NEW MAN!?"

When he'd...!? Code thought to himself while he was in a stage of shock. He transformed his hand in a similar manner Kawaki did and was prepared to attack the boy.

"Don't, Code," Eida warned. "I wouldn't attack him."

"HEY, SIS! THIS ONE'S A NICE RIDE!" the boy exclaimed.

"Idiot," the younger girl spoke up for the first time since she was awakened; her voice was soft.

"Hop off, Daemon. No jumping on strangers, remember?" Eida reminded him.

"You...! You better be serious! About your feelings for her! I'll slaughter you if you make her cry!" Daemon shouted.

"He's just a friend. Come on, he's clearly not my type," Eida said.

Daemon's whole expression changed. "What!? Aw, really!?"

"No way..." Code's voice was barely audible.

Suddenly, guards came running around the corner. "Hey, there he is! This way!"

Code, Eida, the younger girl, Daemon, and Bug's heads all turned to the incoming soldiers.

Fools! Don't come here! Bug thought to himself.

"Them the ones that killed the guards!? Hey, Bug, what're you doing here!?"

"Yo... Those are Lord Boro's cyborgs!"

"Get out of here, all of you! You're gonna get killed!" Bug warned.

"What...?"

"Is Bug a hostage or something?"

"Yeesh, we've been found out. Oh, well, here goes," Code said softly.

"No need to step in, Code. This is perfect," Eida said, pushing the younger girl, who showed no emotion, behind her. "Watch closely." Daemon wore a annoyed look.

"The bastard in the black cape's an intruder! What of the cyborgs?"

"Our orders are to dispose of 'em if they emerge without cause. So let's... just get ride of them too!" a guard shouted.

He prepared to attack, but one cold look from Daemon sent the attack bag in his face. Code and Bug's eyes widened, Eida watched intently, and the girl wore a poker face.

"What the!?"

"Bastard!" a guard shouted, about to throw an axe at them.

Daemon laughed gently as the attack backfired and stabbed the man in the head. "Tee hee. Stuuupid!" He jumped off of Code and flew towards one of the guards, kicking him in the neck, rendering him unconsious.

"You br-" a guard shouted, pulling out his sword. Unfortunately for him, it sliced his head clean off. "-at!"

"Is he... reflecting his opponent's attacks?" Code questioned.

"You've got a stupid boyfriend," the younger girl commented, looking up to Eida.

"He's not my boyfriend," Eida quickly shut the idea down.

"Sure, sure," the girl brushed her off as Eida turned to Code.

"The stronger the intent to kill, the more powerful the reaction. A foe simply picturing the killing scene will cause the end result to be instantly reflected upon him or her. So you be careful, too, Code," Eida explained and warned.

"What a formidable kid," Code said as the younger girl headed over to Daemon, who got rid of all the enemies.

"Whee!" Daemon exclaimed, wrapping his arm over his older sister's shoulder.

"Allow me to introduce my best friend and one other knight..." Eida said. "And actual little siblings... Miyuki and Daemon."

***

"I first felt that something was off when they all returned from fighting Isshiki. You immediately checked on Kawaki's well-being, and... you appeared profoundly relieved that he was okay. Yet you seemed more motivated by something... other than... mere concern over his well-being..." Sumire said. "The truth is that I wished to be your assistant of my own will. I'm very worried about Kawaki and Boruto. Plus..."

"You're really smart or really stupid. Which is it?" Amado questioned. "If you'd stay silent, you might've drawn out more intel. Don't you understand strategy?"

"So, you are plotting something?" Sumire said.

"So you're just stupid," Amado said, taking a smoke.

I made a lot of mistakes in this and it pissed me off so I just had to go over it😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1.3K 37
*ೃ࿐⁀➷𝐔.𝐊𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ❝Uchiha {Y/n}, don't underestimate her.❞ ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ fem!Reader ◤𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧�...
26.9K 1.4K 14
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YALL THIS IS DISCONTINUED 𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 ...
17.1K 1K 19
݃➹*₊˚꒰sʜɪɴsᴏ ʜɪᴛᴏsʜɪ x ʙᴀᴋᴀᴅᴇʀᴇ¡ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ .‧₊˚ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴛᴇᴇɴs ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ғᴏʀ...
320K 9.4K 65
𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨- 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙮- 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙨 Books 1&2 《oc × Sasuke》 《4/9/19 - 6/1/20》 I don't (obviously) own Naruto or it...