Welcome To Demon School! Ange...

By Sugarflyarts

Erica Cassiel had been a Guardian Angel for quite some time now and although her vassal lead a life that was... More

Prologue: A Heavenly Demonic Disdain
Ch 1: The Tuna Fishing Boat Accident
Extra 1: World-building and Character information
Ch 3: Unfamiliar Summonings
Ch 4: Interrogations and Instigations
Ch 5: Playtime with Clara!
Ch 6: Halo To You Too!
Ch 7: Fight, Flight, or Fall?
Ch 8: A Guardian and A Shadow
Ch 9: An Already Blossomed Flower
SUKIMA! 1-9

Ch 2: An Angel in Demon School

655 26 21
By Sugarflyarts

With a bit of magic forging paperwork is easy enough, Breaking into a school after and during school hours could have be more interesting, but blending in with demons in said school you've broken into? The plan was to protect Iruma, and also "attend" this school to gather information until she could find the time to rescue him. She knew what had to be done if he died, but she would make sure that never happened. Now she at least had a physical body to better exist in this realm. Human looking, at least. Though some of the demons here didn't quite fit that description.

A physical form is the reflection of the soul for Angels. Erica hadn't been in this form since she was six? It seemed like only yesterday she had first utilized it. So she was somewhat surprised at the growth it had.

She did need a safe place to stay, if only she spent some time arranging that, perhaps it would have been a better idea to find a safe spot before employing her body but oh well. While some demonic creatures may succeed in destroying her physical form, they couldn't even put a dent in her existence. Though reforming her body may be troublesome. 

So apparently she was supposed to be going to an orientation for the first day of this school. So she returned to the scene of her crime, this time as a student. Though she had missed orientation, she could at least check up on Iruma to see how he's doing. A mob of students ran past her. Clearly excited for something. She grabbed the shoulder of one of the students running by and stopped her.

"What's happening? Why are you all running!?"

"The Top Scorer Asmodeus and the Honer Student Iruma are going to fight! You can't miss it! Come on!" The blonde demon girl continued and grabbed Erica's hand as well causing her to follow behind. Erica would have been a bit more angry if not for the fact that this particular demon looked relatively friendly and nonthreatening, She might even go as far as to say kind of cute. BUT STILL-

Her line of thought was cut off as they were at a little courtyard, front row observers to where Iruma and a tall pink haired boy in an aristocrat's uniform, presumably Asmodeus, were facing off ... And by facing off it looked more like Iruma looking like he was about to faint as he shakily muttered out something.

"Uh, excuse me but... are you gonna eat me?"

"I was supposed to deliver the school greeting. The punishment for thieving that spotlight from me, is most assuredly death!" 

Asmodeus summoned a large flame in his palm 

"And since you so rudely stole my thunder, I reserve the right to test your mettle and see if you're truly worthy of it. Agreed?"

What funny things are fireballs. Just the reddest of flags for danger. And how obvious the pink haired demon was being. Iruma's crisis evasion had been activated before for way less and was basically undefeated for the entirety of the boy's life. If not for how it had to be developed, Erica may have been proud. 

Due to that skill She had her own dark inside joke, whether Iruma really needed her as Guardian Angel because he was doing a good enough on his own. In all honesty, she had saved him plenty of times before, and she was long past the point of being upset with her job being done by him. After about twenty or so minutes both boys were exhausted, panting on the ground.

"What the hell! I haven't hit you once!" Asmodeus exclaimed 

"I know sorry about that!" Iruma responded.

The situation may have been resolved due to Iruma's people pleaser personality if not for the watching students' commenting  

"Iruma's a beast!"

"He hasn't even tried to attack him!"

"Wait! Is he saying he's not worth his time? WOAH!"

"Are they right?"  Asmodeus asked "Am I so not worth attacking you won't even bother?"

Iruma tried deflecting the situation but the spectators kept on twisting his words.

Wow. Either these demons were just desperate to see a fight or were just genuinely stupid. Either way, more proof that they are vile creatures.

Asmodeus, now doubly pissed, decided that martial arts was the way to go. Summoned a flaming sword, he charged towards Iruma. Of course Iruma dodged, leaving Asmodeus to charge towards the blonde girl who brought Erica over. 

What happened next she could not explain. She could not understand why she had done what she had done. But Erica quickly grabbed the demoness by the waist and pulled her out of the way forcibly. As Erica glanced back to see the carnage of what would have been one of the school's towers she instead was greeted with the scene of Iruma holding Asmodeus back in a German Suplex. 

____

'Chanting a forbidden spell at the entrance ceremony?!'

'Gave the head of class a concussion!'

The angel gripped the newspaper, re-reading  the headline several times.

Iruma...
_____

"You mustn't fall. If you do, it doesn't matter if you are an angel or not. Because you'd be dead to us."

Was the advice she was always given. From the first time she entered the Overworld, to now when she was entering a new world, practically untouched by her kind with a few exceptions. Inhabited by some of the most depraved creatures. Her physical form was technically not supposed to be used for something like, say, attending a school for demons but she had at least been granted permission from Sariel. The Seraph had been surprisingly helpful in all this. All the more reason to fulfill her end of the deal, gathering information. Though getting to Iruma was the main priority. She had already wasted enough time arguing with Sariel.

So where was Iruma?

Usually there would be a sort of 'string' for her to follow but being in her new state hindered a lot of her senses. She just needed to find the right end and he'd be as good as found.

There!

Erica opened the door to the Chairman's office, or in this case, The Chairdemon Sullivan, the same demon that stole Iruma.

The scene that door had unraveled before her was odd to say the least.

The pink haired boy from earlier was bowing before Iruma. Iruma looked absolutely mortified while Sullivan (The one who kidnapped Iruma) looked rather chipper. There was also a red haired cat person in a butler's uniform just standing off to the side. 

All heads turned to look at her.

"Um... Hello is this a good time?" She felt incredibly awkward now that all attention was on her.

"Hello Miss... hmm I don't believe I recognize you." Chairdemon Sullivan put a finger to his chin.

"Ah, That happens!" Erica Beamed "I was just wondering if you had any spare maps for navigating the school! I've uh, already forgotten the exit..."

"Oh!" Iruma smiled "I can help you with that!" Erica was familiar with Iruma's pushover personality while spectating over him but to have it directed at her was sort of surreal in a sense.

Asmodeus stood up from his position and made a B line to Iruma's side "I shall join you in your act of assistance, Iruma-sama!"

"'Iruma-sama'?" Erica blinked twice and the Chairdemon chimed in "Oh yes! I'm so proud of my Little Iruma! Asmodeus lost to Iruma and therefore is his loyal servant and protector! I'm so proud!" A stream of embarrassment from Iruma and the cat person nodded.

"Oh, is that so?" Erica was smiling but she felt her blood boiling.

Iruma walked towards the doorway "Right this way, Miss."

She smiled "Aw, How sweet of you! And please, just call me Erica!"

She walked to his left while Asmodeus was to his right. She decided to start up a conversation "That was quite the scene you both made out there, huh Iruma-kun?"

Iruma mumbled out a "Yeah. I guess it was" but he was obviously internally cringing at the disaster of his first day.

Hm maybe I should switch topics "Hehe, I don't know if that was something I would like to experience. Like, all that attention is a bit much y'know, that must be scary. I totally empathize with you on that one!"

Iruma smiled gently and Asmodeus interjected "Iruma-sama was undeniably SPLENDID today as he always was and shall be until the very end of time!" Was he blushing right now? Less than an hour ago, Asmodeus absolutely hated the blue haired boy. Now this? That must have been a really bad concussion he had.

"Um thanks for that Asmodeus?" Erica smiled politely deciding to ignore him now she turned back to Iruma.  "I really appreciate you helping me Iruma, but I can't help but feel kind of bad for burdening you."

"Don't worry about it Erica, it's my pleasure!" No it isn't Iruma.

"Really? You strike me as the type of person who devotes yourself to others. Only being allowed around because of what you can give to them. Because of this, you cannot say no, you can't say no to your own suffering, because you're-" She took a deep breath and then exhaled. Maybe she can be more subtle about this, especially with Asmodeus around, right now he was trying to squeeze his way in between her and Iruma. "Are you worried about what will happen next?"

Iruma was silent, not just because he wasn't talking but it seemed his emotions were also at a standstill. Even his expression was blank.

If he had not been walking besides her at this very moment, she might have thought he was dead or had the last bits of human emotion drained out of him. But Iruma's thoughts were clearly running a mile a minute.

Erica quickly realized her mistake "Oh no. I'm so sorry. Iruma, are you al-"

She couldn't even finish her sentence before Iruma took off running with Asmodeus following behind out of some sort of obligation. She couldn't even sense his abrupt surge of fear and anxiety until he was already halfway down the corridor.

She'd only ever seen that reaction on one separate occasion when he thought he was in actual peril, when he had encountered an actual murderer who tried casually approaching him in a creepy alleyway.

Was it that bad did he see her as a potential danger, either he thought that she would reveal his secret or just kill him upfront? She would never do that but he didn't know that. She knew Iruma, inside and out, Erica only meant to say just a little, only to sympathize with him but it just kept spilling out, resulting in the opposite.

She came off as too strong, too soon. That was stupid. Sure sympathy was one thing but there were not too many people who would appreciate having themselves exposed that much.

Why did she have to go that far? Did she think it was because they were closer than they really were with the way things used to be?

It's not as though she can go back to her original state. This body was made for the long term. Death to her body may be the only way to go back. Not a risk she was willing to take right now.

He's an understanding person, hopefully he can find it in himself to forgive me as well...

___

"Iruma-sama, is there any specific reason as to why we are running? I could have just incinerated that girl if you had just given me the word." Asmodeus offered with a cheerful smile.

"What? No! Don't do that!" Iruma had no idea as to why he was running. That time with Erica was somehow the least fearful he had been all day, at least until the last part where he thought she figured out he was a human.

She felt familiar and approachable up until the time she began reading him so perfectly that he was afraid she was onto him.

She can't be dangerous, right? Was I overreacting? 

"That demon was spouting utter nonsense but it would seem that a bit of what she said resonated with me... I will always be your loyal devotee and shall never say no to any requests Iruma-sama!"

Asmodeus had gone with his own interpretation it would seem.

Erica... She looked too nice to be dangerous, though I don't think I can be too sure with demons. I guess the feeling is something like what I think friends or family who really care for your well being? I don't think I've ever felt it but I think I already enjoy it. Is that strange to say that about someone I just met?

Iruma felt his heart rate go down and the pace of his running slowed.

"Well it's not like she can find us here, with her being so bad with directions and all." Asmodeus said cheerily.

OH CRAP! I forgot I had to show her the exit! I hope she can forgive me!

(Iruma and Asmodeus later went to the spot where they left her, only to find that she had left already.)

___

Sullivan sat in his office, sifting through papers until he found what he was looking for.

It was the student who came in earlier, Erica Cassiel was her name.

Perhaps she may be an ally or even a friend to Iruma, maybe not. Her background states she came from an isolated group who stayed far away from regular civilization. Only just now attending school, meaning her past and family was essentially blank. For the brief time he had seen her she seemed oddly adjusted for someone who lived that way. The implications of that may vary.

The Chairdemon did have his suspicions after all.

A/N: Releasing an extra along with this chapter. Then I will go back to writing my BNHA Story (finished the chapter itself, just working on the artworks now). As for honorifics used in this story, at first I wanted to go with the dub version because I prefer watching dubbed anime but I like the nickname "Iruma-chi" more than "Iruma-kins" so I went for the Japanese version to stay consistent. But I don't use honorifics outside of characters referring to each other in the dialogue. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 61 28
Isabelle continues living her new life with new friends at a new school, with secrets to reveal and keep and new demons to meet. Does she have what i...
12.1K 147 32
14-year-old cambion Isabelle Abaddon wanted to escape all the prejudice she had endured since childhood and considers staying in the mansion of an ol...
136K 3K 31
Suzuki Iruma and Ryūko, human (though Ryūko maybe half-demon), 14, one day found themselves taken against their will into the world of demons. To add...
3.9K 121 7
hizuki shoku a 15-year-old girl has been isekai into Mairimashita-iruma kun by truck-kun. When opening her eyes she was a 7-year-old child in an aban...