The Missing Princess

By Clifoconda_HemHem

Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Ita... More

PROLOGUE:
CHARACTERS:
1: Found
2: Truth
3: Promise
4: Princess
5: Custody
6: Gift
7: Troubles
8: Home
9: Healer
10: Wish
11: Work
13: Questions
14: Siblings
15: Terrible
16: Deserving
17: Done
18: Eat
19: Information
20: Killer
21: Coward
22: Traitor
23: Sorry
24: Light
25: Forgiveness
26: Explanation
27: Trauma
28: Father
29: Handsome
30: Overprotective
NEW STORY ALERT!
31: Son
32: Friend
33: Unexpected

12: Pain

2.3K 55 4
By Clifoconda_HemHem

Chapter 12

-Lorenzo Di Luca-

"Kirill Delivery Express! Sorry, the goods we delivered are awfully damaged by Papa and yours truly!

As soon as I got out of my car, I quickly spotted an overly excited, grinning Kirill waving both his hands at me in the air, looking like a little boy. Yeah, a psychotic serial killer little boy with blood on both his hands and shirt Despite the bright, happy, smiling look on his face, I could clearly see the dark and murderous glint in his eyes.

"That's what I like to hear." I chuckled and lightly slapped him on the back, not wanting to get the blood on his hands in my ten thousand euro designer suit.

At least not yet.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too, Mishka." Kirill playfully rolls his eyes.

"But, I'm here to see my cousins, of course! It's been so long since the last time I've been here in Sicily after all." He threw his head back and laughed merrily.

It has really been so long for him, and I am truly grateful for my cousin.

"So do you want me to wait for you, or shall I go ahead to the infamous Di Luca estate?"

"Just wait here."

Kirill gave me a thumbs up.

I sigh, removing my jacket and waistcoat, first handing them to one of my men that was guarding the entrance, before pulling and folding up the sleeves of my shirt. This is going to be messy.

With a single nod to my cousin, I motioned for my soldiers to open the gates where we were keeping the Polish, who were responsible for making my principessa's life hell. I'm going to give them something that's much worse than hell because I can be the fucking devil itself when need be, especially when it comes to anyone who dares to harm my family.

Isabella hasn't really told any of us yet everything that happened to her in the past, about her early life in the orphanage or her life with those fucking Polish, but I am willing to be patient and wait until she is ready to tell us everything. I never want to force my sorellina into anything she is uncomfortable with. Besides, I am also teaching her how to make her own choices and decisions, because only God knows when that sweet little girl has been given the freedom to choose and decide something on her own.

When I saw my sorellina again for the first time since she went missing, I promised her that I was going to make sure everyone paid for everything that they'd done to her, and I'm going to do just that, starting with the Polish.

***

"STOP IT! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! STOP IT!"

High-pitched screams, pathetic crying, and begging were all I heard. It was all I could hear. It echoed throughout the whole room.

I thought hearing them beg and cry for their pathetic wasted lives would give me some satisfaction, but it's only fueling the rage inside of me that I'll never be able to get rid of unless I kill every single one of those fucking bastards who hurt my precious principessa. I'm not going to stop until I torture the hell out of them, until I'm satisfied enough to end their lives. But not yet.

These pathetic pieces of shit were already broken, bloody, disfigured, and missing several body parts when I first saw them. Uncle, Kirill, and the rest of their men had already done quite a number on them. But it was still not enough.

My sorellina suffered nine long years at their hands, so they fucking deserve to suffer much more than this.

"Stop it? Did you fucking stop when that little girl begged you to stop? DID YOU?" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth both in anger and annoyance before I plunged the dagger into one of the Polish's lower abdomen, dragging the dagger upwards, making the bastard scream bloody murder until he eventually stopped when the dagger reached deep into his heart.

"Fottuto pezzo di merda!" (Fucking piece of shit!) I spat.

Their fucking leader, Jaworski, was already passed out after I had my fun chopping all of his fingers. He's the one who I intended to keep alive the longest, so I'm done with him for the meantime. I still want him alive.

But that still didn't feel enough for me. I still wasn't satisfied. It's as though I've only just given this bastard on my feet an easy death, even though I literally tortured the hell out of him and the rest of their little group. But it still wasn't giving me any sort of satisfaction. I want more.

My principessa suffered more than that. My poor neonata (baby girl) could have only screamed and cried as they hurt her.

My sweet girl was in so much pain because of them.

I grabbed the nearest thing beside me, which turned out to be a sledgehammer. I was filled with so much rage, and I could only see red as I raised the sledgehammer and hit the fucking bastard in the head again, again, and again until his fucking corpse fell through the cemented floor, but I didn't stop.

His other accomplices even screamed and cried louder than before as they watched the devil in me release its rage.

But I didn't stop.

I couldn't stop.

I don't want to stop.

"MIKHAIL! WHAT THE HELL?"

Fucking Kirill.

No one in their right mind would be stupid enough to stop me when I'm being like this, except for Kirill.

I rarely lose my cool in front of my men. Uncle Ivan always told me not to let our emotions cloud our judgement and that we must not show our true selves when conducting business. So they all knew just how fucking serious this is—that I'm letting my inner demon loose.

He pulled me off the bastard, grabbed the sledgehammer out of my hand, and threw it to the side.

"Fanculo, Kirill." I cursed and shrugged his hands off of me.

"The bastard's dead. That's enough. " He exclaimed, but I only rolled my eyes and my hands balled into fists.

"No, it's not enough. It's not going to be fucking enough until I make each one of them pay for what they did to my little sister!" I yelled as I glared at the other six bastards who were still breathing, and they all shuddered in fear as my dark glare caught theirs.

There is still one more bastard missing.

Luciano. My father.

***

-Giovanni Di Luca-

"Don't be so sad anymore, tesoro."

I'm really bad at comforting another person, even my own sorellina. In my defence, it has really been a while since I opened my heart again and let all my feelings come back to the surface.

I'm a doctor, a surgeon, who only really cares about doing my job around my patients, and that's it. I'm not the kind of doctor who forms even a miniscule kind of relationship with my patients; I only care about treating them, and that's it.

I'm also an absent brother to my own brothers; I basically disowned my own family when I was eighteen. I hated being related to them. I hated bearing the last name I have. I hate all of it.

So ever since then, I've been really on my own.

But with my Isabella back, I am more than willing to swallow my pride and hatred. I am more than willing to be the kind of person she needs and wants.

Mia sorella è il mio tutto. (My sister is my everything.)

"Izzy n-not sad!" She stubbornly replied, avoiding eye contact with me.

She's such a terrible little liar.

"Tell that to your beautiful little frowning face." I chuckled as I handed her another piece of strawberry.

Her adorable blue eyes lit up again, and she happily munched the strawberry like she did with the other pieces she ate.

My neonata really loves strawberries and chocolate. That's all thanks to our cousin, I've heard.

"Izzy s-sorry." She pouted as she finished devouring her strawberry.

The two of us are having a little picnic in the garden at the back of the mansion since Isabella mentioned that she always wanted to experience having a picnic. So with the help of the maids, we brought out a red and white picnic blanket and had the chef prepare some sandwiches, pasta, fruits, and Isabella's strawberries and chocolates that I neatly placed in a basket. This was actually my second picnic experience; the first one was when Mamma took me and my older brothers to a park for a picnic as well. I was only six at that time.

I'm determined to let my little sister experience everything her little golden heart desires. She deserves it.

"Don't be sorry, tesoro. And don't you worry, I know you're missing Lorenzo, but I'm sure he'll be home in no time, okay?" I softly told her and tried to give my best smile, but I knew it was horrible as soon as the sweet little girl beside me started laughing.

"Gio h-has a f-funny smile!"

No matter, as long as the little princess is happy.

I laughed along with her.

Little did she know, or anyone else for that matter, that this was the first time I genuinely laughed and smiled in a long time.

"So are you enjoying your first picnic?"

She happily nodded her head.

"Yes! But Izzy wishes Enzo a-and N-Nicco here with us."

Well, I don't really want to, but upon her insistence and the fact that I can't find myself to say no to my sweet sorella, I asked Luigi to call for Niccolo to join us, but as expected, the little brat flat out refused.

I know that since Niccolo is only a year older than Isabella, he doesn't really have any recollection of her. He was only four when she went missing, so he doesn't really remember her that much. Which is why I'm guessing the whole reason for his shitty behaviour around her, but I'm still not going to tolerate that brat insulting our sorella like that. I promised Isabella that I wasn't going to hit him again, but what she doesn't see or know won't hurt her. If Niccolo steps out of line in front of her again, I'm not going to hesitate to hit him; I'll just make sure that Isabella is out of sight first.

I smiled as I watched the little princess happily eating a sliced watermelon as she hummed to herself while looking up at the clear blue sky in awe.

"I'm a doctor, you know." I found myself saying first, hoping to get her to understand what I was about to tell her next, not wanting to scare her in any way.

Isabella quickly looks up at me, her eyes sparkling with interest at what I said.

"Gio heals and cares s-sick p-people?" She asked.

"I do. I'm a kind of doctor that specialises in treating the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. I'm called a neurosurgeon. So when people hurt their heads or nerves, I help treat them." I proudly stated, watching as she looked up at me in amazement.

"S-so cool!" 

I nod my head and thanked her, then I softly held her hand.

"The reason why I'm telling you this, tesoro, is because I know you've been hurt by bad people." I told her in the softest voice I could possibly muster while giving her hand an assuring squeeze.

Her happy face fell, and all of a sudden she looked really anxious and fearful, like I expected, but she wasn't running away, which I'm thankful for.

"Don't worry, Isabella. You're home now; you're safe here with us. Uncle Ivan and Lorenzo already made sure of that. I promise you, tesoro." I gave her an assuring smile; she only nodded her head, still looking hesitant and doubtful.

It's okay; I don't expect her to just quickly trust us after only meeting us.

"Anyway, I know your body still hurts, tesoro. I just want you to know that you have a big brother who is a doctor, and although I mainly specialise in brain and nerves, I am still well equipped and knowledgeable to treat whatever hurts you. So when you are in any kind of pain, I want you to come to me and I will help you, si?" I firmly told her, and I was surprised when she suddenly dropped her watermelon, let go of my hand, and just wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Izzy thank G-Gio." She whispered, making me smile in relief as I carried her small body.

I actually called Uncle Ivan last night to ask him all about Isabella's treatment, as I couldn't find myself being able to sleep after hearing everything Lorenzo told me about the abuse my sweet sister suffered from.

Uncle told me that his doctors had already managed to treat the old and new injuries, bruises, and wounds all over my sorellina's body; thankfully, there were no broken bones. But I also know that the pain will continue to linger. Now, I don't really want to force Isabella to show me her injuries, and it is really obvious that she doesn't want anyone to see them with the way she is covering her body with her thick and long clothes. I respect that, but I also don't want her to suffer with the pain in secret. So that's why I told her that, so that she knows she can trust me to help her if she is in any kind of pain.

I know there's nothing much I can do about her painful past. What's done is done. But as a doctor, I can still make sure that my sorellina is healthy and that her body is no longer in much pain.

***

AN:/ HELLO THERE! I SLIGHTLY CHANGED THE STORY'S DESCRIPTION AS YOU CAN SEE. I INTEND TO SHIFT THE FOCUS OF THE STORY NOT ONLY ON ISABELLA, BUT ALSO WITH THE REST OF HER FAMILY, MOST IMPORTANTLY HER BROTHERS. I WANT ALL OF YOU TO UNDERSTAND THEIR OWN STORY, THEIR TROUBLES, AND THE OVERALL DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR CHARACTERS AS THE STORY PROGRESSED. THANKS FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 255 19
Alessia's life takes a dramatic turn at 16 when her unspoken prayers are answered, leading her to discover her six elder brothers. Little does she kn...
1.9M 39.4K 45
Cover by @_navyblueee_ ~~~~~ The Cortello and Moratti brothers rule the city of angels, Los Angeles. Two famous billionaire families with seemingly n...
331K 7.8K 67
Amazing cover by Anel_Graphics Gabriella De'Luca is a cold fifteen year old girl, who has had to go through extreme hardships everyday of her life. C...
47.3K 1.1K 27
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...