Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
TΓͺte-Γ -TΓͺte
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

Simply Love

14K 625 112
By Seventhjoul

Shaira was tired. She had just come to know that one week workshop at Vanedestine had now further forged in contract employment with the permanent Collab with the sunflower cafe.

She was not surprised. Dexton would have done anything to ensure she was near him and under his surveillance everything. Today her shift ended early so she was going to Daniel's place. There had been an awful long time since she met them. Her hand clenched on the invitation envelope.

She was sure they would be happy for her obviously. She had specifically asked the family to come home early for her special announcement. She knew they would come for sure but she was afraid that she would ruin there family time. Mr. Michael Lawrence was a very busy man. Although him and his family loved her but Shaira could not help but feel that she was intruding their private space. No matter how much Lawrence's family said otherwise.

She fidget her fingers as soon as she reached the mansion. The guard smiled up at her and opened the gate. She returned the smile as she took slow yet fast paced steps towards the door.

As soon as she enter the mansion. She immediately went to the living area. The most common space where they love spending time.

"Shaira!"

Her face lit up as soon as she saw aunt Vanessa taking fast steps towards her and engulfing her in a hug.

"I was missing you so much."

"Me too. Aunt Vanessa." Shaira said as she bretabe in her calming scent. The scent which felt like home.

"Won't you give me a hug?" Diaz said as he round the couch and step towards the pair. Shaira giggled as if forgetting all her worries and gave him a bear hug.

"I missed you, Shacks"

Shaira cheek redden by getting so much attention as she mutely nodded her head in his chest. Luck was never on her side but she knew one thing for sure that the people she was with right now was surely the only thing she got to cherish.

"Is there anything serious kiddo?"

Michael Lawrence said. His eyes brimming with worry. Shaira head snapped towards him. She shook her head.

"No uncle. Actually I want to show you guys something."

"You are making us worry Shaira." Daniel said as he sat beside his father. Shiara sighed as he saw her best friend looking straight into her eyes.

"There is nothing to be worried about. I just got something which I want to give you. Aunt and Diaz can you please sit where uncle is sitting. I will just grab it from my bag."
Shaira said her eyes brimming with excitement. She swiftly opened the first chain of her bagpack and took out the pristine royal looking envelop.

She put it behing her bag and slowly walked towards the family sitting on the couch being Her uncle and aunt in centre.

"Please forward your hand."

Shaira said sheepishly as Michael looked at her wife confused. His eyes furrowed as his gaze went back on Shiara but he nonetheless did it.

Shaira swiftly put the envelope in his hand.

Michael eyes widen as read the content of the envelope.

"Oh.my. god."

Michael lookes wide eyed towards Shaira. He eyes teared as he dropped the envelope and stood up and hugged Shaira.

Shaira eyes also teared. Although her uncle was not the person who would show his feelings so clearly but she was happy. He hugged her.

There moment was broken as they other scream. She laughed seeing them so excited as they also took her in a group hug.

"This calls for celebration!"

Daniel said grinning from ear to ear.

"Definitely."

Diaz said putting his hand on Shaira shoulder.

"Let's have a grand dinner." Aunt Vanessa said. Her eyes brimming with pride.

"Can you please make your my favourite pasta?" Shaira pouted as she hugged her.

"Yes baby. Today is your day."

Aunt Vanessa laughed as everyone start helping her for a lavish dinner.

....

11:00 PM

Shaira sighed as she looked at her watch. Celebrating with Lawrence had made her forget that it was way past her intime at her own house.

Yes.

She now had a intime which was put up by her dearest eldest brother. Note the sarcasm. Before noone cared when she was coming in and going out of the house but now everyone seems to be so interested in her and She hated it to the core.

She took her school shoes in her hand so as to remove any sound of her sneaking in. She had not informed anyone about today. She simply didn't want to. Shaira was never rebellious but now she was. She didnot know if it was good or not but for time being she knew she would be continuing to do that.

"May I know from where are you coming?"

Shaira shrieked as she heard the voice right behind her. She was about to fall on her butt but the said person grab her hand preventing her fall.

"You scared me. Maximus."

Shaira said as she put her hand on her heart.

"You are almost two hours late from your intime. Where were you?" Maximus said as his eyes furrowed looking at her bare feet.

"I don't think it is any of your business." Shaira said folding her arms with shoes in one of her hand. She was shivering. The winter was now at its peak. No doubt, She was afraid of Maximus but she really did not want it to show him.

Maximus sighed as he saw her.

"Its very cold. Wear your shoes first or at least wear slippers."

Maximus said as he took shoes from her hands and bent down to put them back on her feet.

Shaira eyes snapped towards her feet. She was baffled as she took a step back.

"I could do it by myself." She stuttered.

Getting a pointed look from her brother. She sighed as her shoes were royally dawned upon her feet by her brother. The act has somehow made Maximus less intimidating to Shaira. As he was bent down he was now looking- somewhat less big?

"Thankyou." Shaira said looking down at the ground as Maximus stood up. The cold floor was actually killing her. Maximus just ruffled her hair.

"Now tell me. Were you on a date with your boyfriend?"

Shaira eyes snapped towards him. It did not take more than a millisecond to know who he was talking about.

Sebestian Collins

Her personal heaven- so close yet so far.

"No. I was not."

Shaira said as her cheeks redden imagining him as her boyfriend.

"Don't lie, Shaira. Your cheek is on fire right now." Maximus said rolling his eyes.

"No I am not lying. I was celebrating with Daniel and family."

Shaira said rubbing her cheeks.

"What were you celebrating?"

"As I have said earlier, none of your business." Shaira said her hands in her pockets to protect her from cold.

"When did you become so.."

"So What?" Shaira said as her eyes glowered.

Shaira wanted to know in which category will he put her now. Rebellious, shameless or some other?

"So cute."

Her eyes gaped. Did Maximus just complimented her?

"Wait what?"

"You have gotten more cuter now."

"Are you even listening yourself?" Shaira said rolling her eyes as she crossed her hands although her cheeks were burning. She would never get used to of getting any good remarks from vanedestines.

"I am. Now go quickly or else if Dexton knew you are here. He would be coming right here no matter how sick he is."

Shaira ears perked.

"What happened to him?"

Maximus smirked looking Shaira's eyes. How much she said they hated them but the specks of worry was clearly seen her eyes.

"Why do you care? You are leaving us. remember?"

Shaira mood switched as her eyes showed clear swirl of anger. She was leaving them? It was their fault. If she had just treated her with a little care. A normal greeting would suffice and gave her hope to stay but they don't. Now he was imposing on her. What did he think he is?

"First, this is all happening because of you. I never wanted something more than just a few words of reassurance from you but alas, you were not able to give me that. So don't you dare to say I am leaving you. You all break us. Second, I would die before I care about some people who left me to fend and hurt all by myself."

Maximus eyes snapped as he saw Shaira. She had changed. The young girl who was afraid of everything was not there anymore. Maybe she was but she was doing a damn well job hiding it. He sighed when realization struck him. She was right about everything.

"I am sorry. You are right. We all don't deserve you now. Go and change before someone can see you."

Shaira eyes wavered as she saw Maximus playing with one of his ring fingers. A subtle act he would do whenever he was nervous. She sighed and turned around to her room.

She would never understand the vanedestine men no matter how good she was at reading them.

.......

Shaira had changed her clothes. The furry and warm panda nighsuit was soft and fluffy. She was pacing around her room. Her mind drifting to Dexton. She would be lying if she said she wasn't worried. She was afterall Dexton never got sick. He had always been invincible in her eyes. He had seen him sick only one time and he was rather careless. She remembered every househelp tried everything for him to rest but he simply wouldn't. Fortunately, Mr. Aestus was there at that time and he ordered her not to enter the office before he was fully well.

Shaira pulled her hair in frustration. She would not be able to sleep if she didn't go and see him and she hated that. Everytime she had tried to go to sleep. A warm hot chocolate and Dexton's warm company had come to her mind.

When she was sick. He took care of her but she was so heartless that she would not even go to see him.

She abruptly stop. She would go. If Dexton would be at her place. He would not even take a single second to reach her.

The changed Dexton was like that. She knew it by her whole heart.

She put on her slippers and went to her brothers room. On the way she realized that She had never been in his room ever before.

If they all could be a little nicer to her she would not have to feel this conflicted to even enter his room.

She smoothly opened the door with a little click. As it was pitch dark, her eyes took a few moments before adjusting to it. Shaira gaped seeing the size. Of course his room would be the biggest.

A whole fucking Library wall at one side with the rustic chairs. She would be lucky if she could see it in daylight and look at the books. She swiftly shook her,head and focused on the problem.

She softly walked towards the side of the bed trying not to make a single noise. She saw some medicines at the side table. She sighed. At least he took some medicines.

She could see her older brother back in blankets. He was sprawled on the bed. She gently bent down and touch his forhead. Although his forhead was not burning but she was quite sure there was some fever. He was sweating alot so he would be okay right?

Shaira thoughts hammered her. The darkest side of her mind vent omnius thoughts in her.

He would not leave her like their mother right? Although she hated him but he was never mean to her. She would never justify his deeds but she was sure he was guilty too. Although she wanted to leave them all but she wanted him to be happy. Only him of all the people in vanedestine was nice to her at some point on her life.

The dream she had when she was sick was real. She knew it. She knew the way he could see his brother smiled at her. It was pure.

She could not lose her only family member who had loved her at some point of time.Before all this. Before she was mature. Before she was even capable of thinking. She could not lose Dexton.

The rush of emotions striked directly at her heart. Her voice become heavy as a silent sob left her mouth. She had never imagined she would cry for him but she did.

"Please get well soon, Dex." Shaira said kissing his forhead and sat on the ground knees folded. Her hands on the side as her head rested on them. She didnot know why she called him with his nickname but she didn't like to see him in pain.

She was realizing if Dexton was a protective sheild around all of the Vanedestine. She wanted to be strong enough to become his sheild too. A sheild who would protect him against all odds.
After he was the best brother anyone would die for.

Her tears didnot stopped how many times she rubbed them off.

"You called me like you used to call me when you were child."

Shaira eyes widened as she saw Dexton sleepy eyes looking down at her.

"You are awake." Shaira said as she fall back on her butt in surprise.

Dexton switched on the lamp on the sidetable as his eyes laced with worry for her.

"Yes. Right when I heard the click sound."

"You are okay, right?"

Shaira said looking at him intently. She was afraid. She knew it was stupid. It was just a cold, why she was making it such a big deal but her heart was frantic. You never knew when someone you care about will left you. Noone knew it better than Shaira.

"Why are you crying, Ira. It's just a cold."

"First tell me, what happened? You never get cold. Are you having some problems at work. Are you stressed? Do you even sleep."

"I just got outside in snow that's why. I will be okay in a day or two. Now why are you crying?"

"I just don't know. I am scared. I don't want to loose you Dexton. After Mom-"
Shaira abruptly stopped her eyes still tearing. "I could never loose you. No matter how much I hate you. Although, I never met her but you resemble her for me. I have always seen you taking position of parents with everyone in the family. From the time you changed- you resemble her for me too."

If Shaira was crying before she was full on sobbing now. Her hair were open and her panda cap with ears were still on. Dexton could not help but his eyes watered too.

"Ira.."
Dexton was speechless. His head was still spinning. He knew he could not stand up from the bed or else he would fall for sure. So he opened his arms for her as sat cross legged on the bed.

"Come here."

Shaira didnot even took a second before he jumped into his arms. She knew at that moment. No matter how much she would run away. He could believe him. He would not betray her. He was his parent too like he was for his brothers.

"I would never leave you, Ira. Even if our path seprates in the future. I would be right here waiting for you. I would never ever leave you alone-again. Never."

Shaira just nodded her head in his chest.
"Did you eat something before you took medicine?"

Shaira said suddenly going out of hug and rubbing her tears. The message reached her. The reassurance Dexton gave her was enough. Period. She did not have any doubts for that. She awkwardly sat in front of him on the bed.

"You never fail to surprise me. How could you be so childish and mature at the same time." Dexton said pulling Shaira's cheek.

Shaira winced but didnot say anything. Her brothers smile was carefree. Maybe because of the heavy dose of medication.

"I am not childish. I am grown up now."

"Every baby says that."

Shaira gaped at him with her arms closed.

"For heaven's sake, I am not a baby. Second, answer the question seriously."

"Actually no, I haven't eat anything today now that I remember. I was busy with meeting and stuff."

Shaira was not even surprised anyone. She sighed.

"I will call dinner for you. Just take some support of headboard. I know your head is spinning."

Shaira said as he stood up from bed and call the housekeeping a simple porridge.
After hanging up she was awkwardly silent pulling a chair near his bed and settling in it.

She shivered slightly. She was always too sensitive for cold.

"You know you can go back, right?"

"Nope. I will be here until you sleep."

"So now the roles have reversed. huh?" Dexton said. A small smile played on his lips.

"If the shoe fits." Shaira bit her lips to stop her from laughing.

Dexton eyes opened as he looked at her and laughed. His eyes moisten with emotions.

"Take some rest from your part time too. You have enough on your plate with your finals coming and congratulations on being in the finale."

Shaira coughed.

"You knew."

"You forgot. I own the school,Shaira."

Shaira sighed. Before she could reply. There was knock. The food was here.

Shaira took the bowl and dipped the spoon. She blew the air so as to make it amicable to eat.

"I can eat it myself."

"Nope. You can't even move your head without staggering. Its weakness. By the way, it would be a secret between us.

Dexton's eyebrow arched but all he did was smile. If that her sister wanted, she would get it. He would do anything for her. Because that what love was. It was his dedication to make her love herself more. To not let her cry any more.

It was simply love.

.....

Guys finally. I became a senior in my med school. Freshers have officially joined. I would love to interact with them.

Your next chapter is here. Please tell me your thoughts.

Question of the day: Will you forgive Vanedestine if you were at Shaira's place and why?

Love you guys.
Enjoy reading.

Like and vote if you love it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...
1.3M 41.6K 119
Happiness was an unfamiliar word to all the siblings. All the siblings were broken, some broken in more ways. After her step father is arrested, Rile...
1M 33.5K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
1.2M 37.3K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...