LOVERS...

By Coffinfriends

What if Luz wasn't the first human in the boiling isles? Hi, as many of you know my friend made this and sadl... More

Another One
The Intruder
Moving Hooty!
Lost in Language
Competition!
The Magic In Nature
Enchanting Grom Fright
Wing it Like Witches!
Agony Of A Witch
Young Blood, Old Souls
Separate Tides
Keeping up A-fear-ances!
Hunting Palismen
Eda's Requiem
Knocking on hooty's door
Eclipse Lake
Yesterday's Lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Elsewhere and Elsewhen
Any Sport in a Storm
Reaching Out
Hollow Mind
Labyrinth Runners
O Titan, Where Art Thou
Clouds on the Horizon
King's Tide
Thanks To Them

Covention Memories

154 5 0
By Coffinfriends

A/N:Leave anything you want me to add in the comments

Eda stands behind her Human Collectibles stand. She is dusting the table, looking bored, while Luz is reading the first Azura book to King. Luz flip's pages the book, showing Azura facing off against Hecate.

"Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" And look! I drew a flip book."

She flips between two pages as she says "Pew, pew, pew!"
"Show me the pictures." King peeked over the top of the book.
"What?"
"Show me the picture!" Luz brings the book down to King who looks at the picture.
"Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists."

"Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?"
"Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!"
"Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book."

"Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!"
"Um, Eda?" Luz looked around them only to see the empty street.
"What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?"
"This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today."

"Luz!" Gus and Willow run up to the stand holding a flier.
"Something amazing is happening today!"
"Gus, Willow! Hey!"
"It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!"
"A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?"
"Absolutely not."

Luz groans and drops to the ground, as a small chuckle catches their attention

"Eda never joined a coven for a reason. She said it's like a fun club for witches"
"But!, giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system." Eda slammed her fist on her stand making willow drop the flier.

"Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls."
"We"?"
"I—the—I mean—"
"Who's "we"? Was Y/n there? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!" Luz pops back up off the ground while Eda rejected the idea

"Okay. Then you leave me no choice." King grabs the book and starts reading from it out loud.

"So flowery, so awful."
Eda walks away, opening the Portal Door and stepping through it.
"Hecate could only screech, screech as did she, for the screeching did worseneth."
Luz tosses King through the portal as it closes. It opens a second later, Eda coming back through with King sitting on her head.
"Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

They stood outside a long building, a sign in front of it reading "COVENTION TODAY alchemists anonymous tomorrow".

At the front of the building, Luz is bouncing on her feet and Willow is clapping. Eda groans into her hand.

Eda grunting as she struggles to pull her hood on, King hanging off of it. "Gotta keep a low profile."
Luz grunts as she tries to shove Eda's hair in the cowl. "Is this cowl really necessary?"
"Do you think all my wanted posters are for petty theft?" Numerous small objects fall out of her hair. "Partly." She scoops the things back into her cowl.

"But the big whammy is I disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven. If I'm seen, I could go to jail. Again."
Willow approaches with one of Eda's wanted posters. "Maybe this informative event will inspire you to join a coven."
Eda traces a spell that pulls Willow's cowl over her face.

"Let's just get this over with." They enter the building.
"Whoa. Was I even alive before now?" Several booths are set up inside, each with a sign for one coven or another. From the ceiling hangs nine large colorful banners. Two student witches fly by on broomsticks.

"Those are the main nine covens, but there are hundreds of other ones you can join." Willow explained as they're all walking. "There's Flower Coven, Artist Coven, Big Dog Coven, Small Cat Coven, Tiniest Cat Coven—" Eda groans interrupting her. Willow whispers to Luz and Gus. "Also the Grumpy Coven."
"What was that?"

Willow yips as they along with King run. "Uh, excuse me, ma'am, but you look rather familiar." The guy looks between Eda's wanted posters and her.
"No, she doesn't!" Y/n slams a piece of paper on his head which knocked him out. Eda runs away, but returns when the man hits the ground to grab a pouch full of snails. She grabs Y/n and runs away quickly.

The kids and Eda rejoins as they continue to look at the different covens. "Ooh, what's that?"
"That's the Construction Coven."

A bearded witch in a hard hat and Tinella Nosa standing next to a pallet of wood and a pallet of bricks. The witch grabs both pallets from the bottom and tosses them in the air. The materials fall down to perfectly construct a small house.

"One of the main nine. They use power glyphs to increase their strength." The witch removes his hard hat to pull of a power glyph from a stack atop his head. He peels the adhesive off the back of one and puts it on Tinella Nosa's nose. Her pupils constrict.

Tinella Nosa screams and picks up the witch, throwing him in the air. "Ha-a-a! I'm the destroyer of worlds!" They grab the Construction Coven sign and tosses it. "Hey, that's the opposite of construction!"

Two witches run in to stop Tinella Nosa as she grabs a giant hammer. "Yowza-wowza!" A light blue double of Luz ducks out from behind her.
"Yowza-wowza!"
"Yowza-wha-a-a?"

Her illusion double walks over to two Illusion track witches. It waves at her and disappears. Gus runs over to the other witches. "Ah! You've been taken in by the allure of the Illusionist Coven. We like to magic with a hint..." He disappears in a cloud of smoke, reappears a few feet to the right. "...of showmanship." He bows as the other two appear next to him.

"Wow! Acceptance? Comradery? A sense of belonging? Covens sound incredible! Eda, why haven't you ever joined one?"
"Watch closely, Luz." Another illusion track witch is now standing with one of the other ones.
"When you join a coven, all your other magic is sealed away." A seal in the shape of a mirror appears on the witch's wrist, light blue lines running from it up his arms and face. He pales slightly as the lines fade.

"From now on, that kid will only be able to make illusions. Since I never joined a coven, I can do every kind of magic." Eda creates a fireball in one hand and a ball of water in the other, then makes both disappear. "That's why I'm the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles."

She walks away. Willow, Luz, and Gus hurry after her, amazed. King starts to follow, but is stopped with a hand on his shoulder.
"Weh?
"The tea leaves foretell that this." She pulls out a pen. "will lead you to your destiny." She then puts the pen in his hands.
"Destiny? Feh! I'm not paying for—"
The student retreats into the shadows. "It's free-e-e."

"Are you bestowing gifts upon me? Yes! I accept your offering! The King of Demons is back!"

They see a doorway flanked with guards. "That panel looks popular."
Gus gasps. "It's the Emperor's Coven! Do you think they'll sign my forehead?"
"Only one way to find out!" Willow and Gus run inside. Luz starts to follow them, but stops when she realizes Eda hasn't moved.

"Aren't you coming, Eda?"
"No way. Of all the covens, they're the worst. I'll wait out here."
"I get it, Eda. Covens: bad. Individualism: good. But I'm still figuring this world out, so I'm going to go in there and make up my own mind, okay?" She walks in after her friends.

"Luz is right Eda." Eda looks at Y/n with an unsure smile.
"Yeah....you're right"
"I just saw her."
"Huh?"
The man from before holds one of Eda's wanted poster. "She's over there. I think that's her!" He points at her.

"Uh-oh. Luz, wait up!" Eda and Y/n quickly follow after them.

A large stadium with a chattering audience. Eda and Y/n sit down next to Luz. "All right, let's see this mess"

The lights dim. Principal Bump rises from the floor with spirals of green magic, a spotlight illuminating him. The audience applaudes and cheers as he summons a mic.

"Hello, Bonesborough! Students ask me all the time, "Principal Bump, what's the height of magical achievement?"
"Is it this? A student increases the size of his head greatly, which falls over and crushes the student next to him.
"Wow. I failed you as a principal." He grabs the mic, with some feedback.

"It's being selected to join the best of the best. And there are none better than the jewel of the coven system" Three witches appear on the stage. "and the enforcers of his will, the Emperor's Coven."
"Whoa." Luz looks to the side and waves.
"Luz!" Willow and Gus point to his forehead, which has been signed by the emperor's coven.

"Feast your eyes on this elite force, each member handpicked to help usher in a new age of controlled magic."

Each coven guard traces a white spell circle above their head. One produces a jet of flame, another water, and the third lightning. The three elements come together in a firework that turns to confetti, which Luz grabs.

Eda elbows the demon next to her. "When does that "elite force" get here?" She laughs as the demon moves away. The coven guards are now holding the same elements in balls between their hands.

"Members of the Emperor's Coven have access to all—yes, all forms of magic. Ooh. Aah."
"Ooh. Aah."
"But... only the best can ascend these ranks. Some day that could be one of you!" He points directly at Amity, who brightens and squeals. Eda laughs while Y/n looks on.

"Hmm?" The three guards grab their capes and disappear in flashes of white light.
"And now, I'm pleased to introduce the esteemed leader of this coven and this year's mystery guest. You know her, you love her! Lilith!"
Audience gasps and Eda stops laughing, she looks at the stage.

A bright flash of light near the ceiling turns into a blue raven sitting on a branch. It flies off the branch to the stage, landing to reveal Lilith. It disappears with a screech as she lifts her arms and sends her mask flying. The audience applauds and cheers, while Eda is looking at her speechless. Luz notices.

"You know her?"
"You could say that."
"Mysterious past!"

"Thank you, all." She magically sends her cape and mask back into Principal Bump. "It wasn't easy for me to rise to the top. I also started from humble beginnings."
"Like me?"
"Now I have the highest honor of enforcing the Emperor's will. So be more! The Emperor's Coven awaits you!"

She spins, creating the raven illusion again. It spreads its wings before bursting into balls of light. Lilith poses with her arms out, smirking, while Eda glares at her making Y/n feel conflicted on what she should do.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Outside of the auditorium Eda, Luz and Y/n leave.
"Eda! Where are you going?"
"I'm gonna head home and wash the con funk off my skin."
"But we haven't even taken the quiz to determine our coven type!"

She pulls out a thick magazine out of her pocket, flipped to a quiz named "What Coven Are You In?", and holds it above her head. Eda doesn't even look as she casts a lazer beam through it and walks away.

"Eda come back." Y/n looked at Luz who pulls the magazine down to read it, walking without looking.

"Ooh, a punky potionist." She runs into Amity, and they both grunt.
"Watch where you—Oh, it's you. Willow's... abomination thing."

"Uh... Hey, Amity. So, funny story. Not an abomination. Sorry for the confusion last week. I-I'm Luz. The human. Hi!" She offers her hand, but Amity smacks it away.
"Ugh. Put that away. You're the one that got me in trouble with Principal Bump and I never get in trouble." Amity walks away but Luz follows her.
"Well, to be fair, you were okay with him trying to dissect me, so—"

Amity stops and turns around. "You can't be here! This covention is for witches only."
"Well, I'm learning how to be a witch. I'm receiving magic lessons from a powerful witch and a ferocious demon."
Amity looks over Luz's shoulder. "Is that your ferocious demon there?"

Luz turns around to see King, decked out in merch, walking towards them. Two bakers are walking behind him. "Cupcakes in my tummy-tum makes the King say yummy-yum!"
"So you'll join the Bakers Coven?
King eats a cupcake in one bite. "Hmm... Nope!" He steals a cupcake off the other baker's tray and runs.
"Oh, hey, Luz! Look at all those offerings—" He trips on his scarf. "Wah!"

Luz goes to help him up. They both reach out for his dropped cupcake, failing to reach it before Amity steps on it. King gasps.
"Oops. That was an accident."
"Why are you being so mean, Amity?"
"Because you and your pet are giving witches in training a bad name."

King scratches his face with his hind leg. "I'm not a pet!" Luz hugs him. "He's a very good boy and the King of Demons! I'll tell you what, Amity." Luz stands in-front of her. "It's one thing to say I can't be a witch—"
"Cause you can't."
"...but it's another thing to bully my friends. Just like The Good Witch Azura said when facing down her rival Hecate at the Bog of Immediate Regret... I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!"

Everyone gasps. Amity takes several steps forward into Luz's face. "I accept. Let's set the terms for this duel, shall we?"
"One, if I win, you apologize to King for squashing his cupcake."
King picking up the ruined cupcake. "Goodnight, sweet child."
"And two, you admit that humans can be witches too."
"Fine by me. But when I win, not only do you have to tell the whole covention you're not a witch, you have to stop training forever."
"Do it, Luz! For my honor!"
"Fine. Let's shake on it."

Luz holds out her hand. Amity draws a spell circle around it before shaking. "The everlasting oath is sealed."

Amity pulls her hand back and the spell circle fades. "That's probably fine.
"Meet back inside the theater in one hour." Amity walks away. "Let's see what kind of witch you are." Y/n eyed Amity as she walked past her then at a nervous Luz.
"King, I-I can win this, right?"
King eats his cupcake. "Mmm? Oh, yeah. No." Luz whimpers nervously.

Eda tries to sneak out of the covention only to be spotted. "Sister?" Eda stops and turns, seeing Lilith surrounded by several Hexside students.
"It's been so long since I've seen you last!" She signs something and hands it to Mattholomule. "What are you wearing? You look like some sort of trash collector. Oh, right. You are."
"Oh, Lily. I just had to see the leader of the Emperor's Coven in action." Eda leans down to talk to the students. "You know, when we were kids, Lilith was so excited to see the Emperor's Coven, she peed a little." The kids laugh, making Lilith blush.

"That—That's all for today." She ushers them off before facing Eda. "You shouldn't even be here. You're a wanted criminal! Unless... I don't believe it! You are here to join the Emperor's Coven!"
Eda chortles as she laughs. "In your dreams."

"You think being covenless makes you so much smarter than everyone else. But while you run from the law like a degenerate, I'm mentoring the next generation of powerful witch students into the world."
"Well, I have a student. And I bet she could wipe the floor with any of your prissy little blue bloods."
Lilith stepping closer. "Is that a challenge?"
"Oh, it's a promise."

Luz pops up between them. "Eda, I need your help! I accidentally challenged Amity to a witch's duel, and I think she's going to kill me all the way dead!" She slumps to the ground while Y/n runs holding King.

"Mmm, it seems your student has met my strongest protégé." Lilith kneels down. "And look at those ears!" Luz covers them, blushing. "Is she human?" Lilith chuckles and stands. "Where did you even find one of these?" Lilith stands straight, her eyes landing on Y/n making her grin. "Okay, Edalyn."

Lilith traces a spell circle. Around the building, Eda's wanted posters burn.
"For one day, you won't have to hide from the law, because I want to see how good a teacher you really are." Lilith walks away as she eyes Y/n before facing forward.

"Come on, kid. Time to prepare for bloodshed."
"But... whose blood?"
"Anyone's guess!" Luz smiles nervously.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In a hallway, Eda puts a sweatband on. "All right, Luz. Let's start your training. Now, I'm coming at you with a blast of fire. What do you do?"

Luz pulls her hood up and leans off of the box she was sitting on, landing on the floor in fetal position.

"Oh, that's right. I haven't taught you many spells, huh?" Luz shakes her head.
"Boy, I hope you didn't make an everlasting oath to stop learning magic or anything. You'd be toast."
Luz sits up and looks at her hand. "I-Is there a glowy hand thing that happens, or, uh—"

"Abomination. Rise." Lilith and Amity are standing nearby. An abomination that comes up to Amity's shoulders rises from her spell circle on the ground with a groan. It twists its head off and throws it, hitting a bakers coven witch in the face. Tinella Nosa grabs his hand, chucks him, and then screams.
"Ooh, boy"
"I can't believe I'm gonna have to stop learning magic!"
"That won't happen luz—" Eda placed her hand over Y/n's mouth while pulling Luz close.

"Listen to me, Luz. We are not gonna let those snobs win that easy! We are not gonna let them win at all. I've got an idea." Eda's sweatband rips as her hair wins its fight against it.

Inside the theater, Lilith and Amity are standing on the dais, while Eda, Y/n and Luz are standing opposite them.

"Beloved citizens, the Emperor's Coven proudly presents an impromptu demonstration of the sort of witch we seek every year. Introducing Amity Blight."
The crowd cheers. "Woo, Amity!"
"Versus..."

Eda steps out of the way and proudly presents a very nervous Luz.
"...some human girl." The applause stops. "A human?"
"Humans can't do magic!" Willow and Gus share a nervous look.
"Eda?" Luz grabs Eda's arms. "What am I going to do?"
"Calm down." Eda frees herself and points. "You see those mounds? Get Amity to land on one of those and she'll set off my magic traps."
"That's cheating!"

Y/n gives Eda a look but only receives a grin from her before she encourages Luz.
"Nobody will know. To all eyes up there it'll look like you're performing magic. Just trust me."
"But I will know in my heart! Even if I win now, I lose."
"That's the spirit!"
"I'll be with you Luz." Y/n smiled at Luz before facing amity.

A bell rings and screams. Luz, still nervous, and Amity, confident, approach each other as the audience cheers. Amity cracks her knuckles. Luz waves. Amity tracing out a large spell circle. "Abomination. Rise."

An abomination that towers over the two girls groans as it rises out of the spell circle. Luz whimpers.
"Whoa. Show me what you got, human!"
"I'm not good under pressure!" Luz runs while the abomination groans. It twists its head off and throws it at Luz.

"Whoa!" Luz ducks while Y/n slams her hand down creating a ice wall, blocking the abominations attack. Luz backs against the wall by the advancing abomination, its head regrown. She sinks to the ground in fear, whimpering, and grows nervous when she realizes she's right in front of one of Eda's mounds. She braces as the abomination steps on it as Y/n stands in-front of Luz to protect her.The abomination looks down as a towering jet of fire erupts from the mound.

"How did you do that?"
"I, uh—" Luz does jazz hands. "Magic?" King scats as he enters the theater, piled high with hats, shirts, buttons, and scarfs.
"♪ Things that are free ♪ ♪ People are giving offerings to me! ♪" King reaches Willow and Gus. "I love offerings! What did I miss?"

"Luz is in a witch's duel!"
"Yeah! And she can win it all! Yeah-yeah!"
"Weh?" The steaming abomination steps onto another mound, this one producing a current of air strong enough to launch it and Amity into the air. She creams. The abomination grunts as it lands on its back. Amity lands, kneeling.

"I-I saw you that time! You didn't use your hands! What are you getting at?"
"Not dying!" The abomination sits up with a groan, then stomps toward Luz again. Luz screams and runs.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

On the stands, where King is carefully making his way down the rows. "This I gotta see!"

A student wavies a foam finger. "Go Amity!"
"Hey! You root for Luz or nobody!" He tries to run at the student, but gets caught on his scarf again and falls.

Y/n tríes to get the abominations attention while Luz runs from the abomination, which sets off an explosion as it steps on a mound while King falling down, his "offerings" falling off as he goes. Amity advancing on Luz.

"How are you doing that?"
Luz sees the mound Amity almost steps on. "No, Amity, don't step any closer!"
"Why, Luz? What happens if I step closer?" King screams as he falls flat on his back, directly on the mound. Spikes burst from the ground, forcing Luz and Amity back several steps.
"Mmm? I'm okay!"
"Spikes?" Eda gives her two thumbs up.

"I knew it! You were cheating!"
"Amity—No!" Lilith touches the top of a shorter spike, making it crumble.
"Oh, Eda. I do believe this means you lose!" Eda groans as does the abomination once it hit the ground, tied up in green vines by Y/n.

"It wasn't my idea to cheat. And when I found out, I tried to stop it, but—"
"Who could believe anything you say?" Amity starts to walk away. There's a power glyph on the back of her neck, which Eda notices.
"Wait just a sec, Miss Protégé." Lilith's eyes widen as Eda goes after her. She lifts Amity's hair."
"Hey! What are you—"

Eda rips the glyph off. The abomination shrinks until it's about the height of Amity's knee, though it crumbles completely with Y/n sinking into it. Eda holds the glyph up to the audience.
"A power glyph from the Construction Coven."
Everyone gasps.
"She cheated!"

"Ah-ha! Yes, yes, yes-yes-yes! You cheated. Perfect, prissy Lilith cheated. Hot dang, I love coventions! La-la-la—"
"I only did that because I knew you would cheat!"
"Still cheated! Welcome down to my level!"
Amity rubs the back of her neck. "But... I didn't know!" She sees Luz approaching and runs off.
"Amity, wait!"
"Luz! Help me!" Luz grunts as she frees King, ripping the shirts in the process.
"My offerings!
Luz pats King's head. "You'll get more offerings, King." She runs after Amity.
"Hey, wait for me!" King follows her while Y/n groans getting some abomination goo off her.

Eda dances.....Kind of.
"Knock it off. You're making a scene!"
"You cheated. Hey, where's the Rhyming Coven? What rhymes with "cheated"?" Lilith's eyes Y/n in disbelief as she joins Eda's in banter.
"Not you too...sop acting like a child Eda!"

"You were defeated, don't get heated, get your stank face treated." Eda and Y/n said in union while having their backs to one another.
"Rhyme one more thing. I dare you!"
"Oh, it's okay, I'm done....Because my rhymes are depleted!"
"That's it!"

Lilith summons her staff, Eda pushes Y/n out the way and getting hit with a blast of energy, throwing her through her spikes and into the wall behind the dais. The audience gasps. Willow and Gus gasp. The cloud of Lilith's blue magic clears out. Eda, splayed against the wall, smirks.

"There she is!" She summons her own staff and spins it in a circle only for it to fly out of her hand and clatter on the ground. She picks it back up with a roar and sends a burst of energy at Lilith. Lilith grunts and sends one back.
"Witch's duel!"

Lilith's blue magic and Eda's orange magic are evenly matched. Y/n throws phoenix between their magic explode in a white light.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

At the entrance to the theater, Luz runs out of and looks around. She sees Amity sulking in a dark corner next to the bathrooms
"Amity..."I'm sorry."
"Ugh, seriously? Just leave me alone."
"I didn't mean to embarrass you."
"That's all you ever do! First at school, and now this!"
"Yeah, but—" Amity stands. "You made me look like a fool in front of the Emperor's Coven. My future! You think it's so easy to be a witch. I have been working my whole life to get to the top!" She advancing on Luz. "You lost! You cheated! Say it! Say you're not a witch!" Luz looks at the ground "I'm not a witch."

She kneels down, pulling out a notepad and pencil. Amity looks confused as she kneels down with her. Luz slowly draws out the light glyph, then taps it. She gently cups the ball of light produced, smiling at it. She holds it up to Amity.
"But I'm training hard to be one." Amity stares at the light in awe.

The bright light made the two look at Y/n before Lilith spins her staff. Eda's attack stops, she pushes her hand forward, her spell circle turning into a burst of magic. Eda takes a few steps back, spinning and drawing a spell circle on the ground. She lifts her hand, creating a growing pillar of wood that splits Lilith's attack.

The pillar bends, its owl face hooting lowly. Lilith stares at it, then teleports away from its approaching beak. Stray magic enters the audience. They scream and flee. Two new owl faces extend from the large pillar. Eda draws four more spell circles on the opposite side. Lilith easily teleports away from all of their beaks, destroying one on the ground, then three in the air with a grunt.

Eda smirks and spins her staff, creating an orange shield as Lilith hits it with magic and her staff. The shield cracks, but Eda's expression doesn't change. Owlbert's eyes glow. He flies into Lilith's face, interrupting her attack. He hoots and pulls her hair.

"Ow, ow, ow-ow-ow. Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!" Eda drops her shield.
"Say goodnight, sister."

She spins her staff and smacks the butt of it into the wooden pillar. A large owl's face forms right next to Lilith, and with a hoot, it captures her in its beak. All falls silent. Owlbert lands back on Eda's staff. She smiles at him, then looks concerned when she sees the flaming hole in the new owl tube's side. Lilith appears directly behind her.

"Enough of this." Eda gasps. She is thrown into the wall with a scream, leaving a crater. Lilith smirks and spins her staff. Y/n stands in-front of Eda while holding her staff towards Lilith.

"Lilith....the curse." Lilith stops spinning her staff, the gathering magic at her palisman disappearing.
"Look at me. Look at my face. The curse is worsening and I can't keep up with it. I don't know how much time I have left."
Lilith approaches them. "I'll admit I was surprised when I first saw you today."
"I just had to see my sister for... possibly the last time."
"Eda, I—" She screams as a bag of Hex Mix is thrown in her face. She stares at it as it hits the ground. Lilith growls.

Eda runs for the exit with Y/n. "It's been fun, but let's call it a draw!
"Argh!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Luz hold the light to Amity, she turns away. "That's nothing. A child could do a light spell."
Luz's expression falls. She extinguishes the ball of light and turns away, scooping up her notepad.
"But... I've never seen it cast like that."

"It doesn't come naturally to me like it does for you, so I've had to improvise." She nods to the notepad while Amity sighs. She traces out a spell circle and drags Luz's hand into it. Their hands glow briefly, and the circle disappears.
"The oath is unbound." She lets Luz go and stands.

"Did it work? Can I still learn magic?"
"Humans have no magical ability. But I doubt that'll stop you." Amity leaves. Luz stands, watching her.
"Luz! You left me!"
"Yeah, sorry. Your legs are just so tiny. Should we get you more offerings?"
"Nah. That stuff just weighed me down. But I have something for you, Luz. And it's the best thing, because it's free, comes from my heart, and I always have more than I need."

"Is it love?"
"Ugh! No!" He reaches behind him. "Tote bags!" He puts it on Luz's arm and hops in it as she stands. And they have so many uses! Away, fair chariot! Away!" Luz pats his head as Eda and Y/n arrive.
"We gotta go."
"How'd you get away from Lilith?"
"Let's just say she had a real "snack attack." Hah." Eda snorts and heads for the door. "Wait, I got a better one."
"Eda...Y/n...." They stop and look back at her.

"Do you think I'll ever be a true witch?"
"You will be an amazing witch, heck maybe even better then me." Y/n winked at Luz while flashing her a smile.

"What? I don't know. And who's a true witch? These suckers? According to them, that means being in a coven, but I never joined one and I'm better than all of them combined. You gotta be your own witch."
"My own witch."
"Now, let's go before my sister realizes I tied her pointy shoes together." Lilith screams.

"And that's our cue!"
"Sister? Now that's a mysterious past payoff."
"Oh, you think that's all the mystery I got? Wait until you hear about my parents."
"What? You've got parents? Do you have parents Y/n? I need to know more!"
"You very much don't!"

Y/n smile as she let the three of them walk ahead of her, her smile faded as she felt a cold breeze hitting her face. Y/n looked at the clouds before glaring at them with anger.

"What is he doing...." Y/n nodded at phoenix who nodded back before flying off into the distance.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Inside a dressing room. Lilith enters, tripping over her tied laces.
Lilith grunts and stands. "You make it so hard to want to help you, Edalyn."

The compact mirror on the counter opens, showing off the insignia of the Emperor's Coven. Lilith gasps.

"Lilith, I see you let The Owl Lady get the best of your temper. Just remember what Emperor Belos has promised to you."
"I will capture her, ma'am. You have my word."
"Very good."
"Ma'am... What about Y/n?"
"Don't worry about her now, the emperor already has plans for her"

The little red demon, Kikimora fades from the mirror, allowing Lilith's reflection to appear.

"Your days are numbered, Edalyn and so are yours Y/n."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482 2 18
Everything was great. Belos was finally defeated, Luz and Evan were together again and everyone in the Boiling isles was safe. That's what they thoug...
70K 1.2K 46
The first mystic warrior of the Boiling Isles in centuries. Follow AJ and Luz the humans in mystic and magical adventures filled with powerful witch...
2.4K 24 29
Luz's foster sister Ember gets transported to The Boiling Isles with her. But what if she had a different mentor? Someone who was staying with Eda as...
2.9K 182 24
- Disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Before you read: Have any of you ever wondered what would...