His Mafia Queen

Bởi TamaraLush

He'll protect her with his life... but who will protect her from him? ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Riley Murphy is an ambitious... Xem Thêm

A Well Read Man
Little and Fierce
Don't Call Me Baby
Evil
A Fresh Hell
Anything He Wants
A Twist
A Forbidden Kiss
Depraved and Desperate
Indecent
Dirty Mind
Torture
Deadly Questions
A Bad Girl
A Reluctant Transformation
His Possession
Every Delicious Thing
Don't Look Back
Greedy Little Girl
Teasing
A Spanking
Harder, Faster
Sweet as Sugar
Going Home
Shiny Sexy Things
No Answers
An Aphrodesiac
Only You
Lost
A Spark in the Forest
Mysteries of the Past
Blood Red
Prisoner of the Past
Dangerous Secrets
A Matter of Trust
Haunted
Confession
In Bed With the Devil
Red Flags
Power Play
His True Self
The End of the Beginning
Possession
Secrets and Lies
Falling
Always a Gangster
Moth and Flame
Ravenous
A Muse From the Past
Breaking Apart
Rage
Taken By Force
Altered State
The Truth
Possession
Toys
Drinks With Friends
Danger
All Wrong
A Gift
An Inconvenient Truth
This is the Life
Walking Away
My Love
Blood of a Different Kind
Pain
Dreams and Doubts
Teasing Without Touching
An Unexpected Visitor
Friends Without Benefits
Call Me
Not a Prisoner
Devilishly Flirtatious
The Circle of Lust and Love
Protected
Dry and Sparkling
Screams in the Night
Trauma
A City That Never Sleeps
Uncertainty
Waves of Pleasure
Unwelcome News
Admitting the Truth
An Ending
Moving On
The Villain
Strike Out
Desire That Won't Fade
Unwanted Changes
Shame and Guilt
Again the Magic
Time to Grovel
Need and Love
Lost Without You
The Question
The Answer
Saying Yes
The Girl Who Makes Him Beg
Dirty
Domestic Bliss, Part I
Domestic Bliss, Part II
Father and Son
A Dinner From Hell
The Truth About Gabriel
A Deal With the Devil
Revealing Details
Blood Red Roses
His Protective Instincts
The First Step
The Missing Link
An Unexplained Disappearance
A Spanking in the Air
Meet the Parents
A Shocking Revelation
Luck of the Irish
The Last Supper
Love Bullets
Drowning
Goodbye, For Real
A Fresh Start
Twin Flame
Epilogue

Unprepared

2.7K 154 3
Bởi TamaraLush

Riley

I try to relax over the next couple of days since I know I'll be returning to work at the paper on the following Tuesday. As far as I'm concerned, I'm back to normal, but a call to the doctor suggests I continue to take it easy for a few more days.

It's a long holiday weekend, and Gabriel tells me he's free all three days. When I wake Saturday morning, looking forward to a lazy time cuddling in bed, he's packing clothing into a bag.

Rubbing my eyes, I sit up. Disappointment washes over me. "Oh, uh... were you called to a business meeting somewhere?"

Gabriel, who always wakes before me and is the morning sunshine to my grumpy self, grins. "We are going somewhere, but it's not business. Only pleasure."

"Hunh?"

"I've booked a suite for us at the St. Regis," he says.

I blink, wondering if I'm dreaming. I'd assumed that we were going to spend the next three days by his pool. Possibly go out on his yacht. Maybe get dinner somewhere by the beach. "The St. Regis. That's... where?"

He comes and sits next to me. "New York City. I've got a whole weekend planned. A Broadway show, a private tour at a museum, reservations at a couple of restaurants."

My mouth hangs open, and Gabriel gently puts his fingers on my chin and closes it. He kisses me softly. "There's someone I want you to meet up there, too. I was going to surprise you, but I should probably tell you. We're having dinner with my sister tonight."

"Meeting the family, hmm?" I press my palm to his face.

"It's about time for that, don't you think? I was thinking we should soon plan a trip to see your parents."

I swallow. The eventuality of Gabriel meeting my family strikes a note of trepidation inside me. While I'm certain that my mother would love him, I'm equally sure that my father would not. "Yeah, it's something we need to talk about soon. What should I pack for New York? I'm so excited!"

I brush a kiss on his cheek and bound out of bed. New York is one of my favorite places on earth, and the idea of walking through the busy streets with Gabriel makes me ridiculously happy. I'll think about introducing him to my parents later. I slide the closet door open.

"Bring the essentials only. My sister's planning on taking you shopping when we get there."

I pause at the open closet, where Gabriel has given me space to leave my things. "Alone? Just the two of us?"

"Mmm-hmm." Gabriel zips up a garment bag.

Meeting his sister over dinner is one thing. Going shopping with her—a fashion designer—is entirely another. "Oh."

Gabriel comes over and folds me into a hug from behind. "I know what you're thinking."

I flick through my clothing on the hangers. "What am I thinking?"

"You're worried it's going to be awkward hanging out with just my sister."

I turn and stare into his dark eyes. The corners of my mouth turn up. "How do you know me so well?"

He kisses my nose. "Please don't worry about it. You're going to love her. She's going to love you. Trust me, okay?"

We finish packing, and Gabriel says we'll eat breakfast on the plane. He calls for his driver to bring the car around so we can make it to the executive airport where his private jet is parked. Before I know it, we're seated on the plane and ready for takeoff. A steward greets us with mimosas, and I send a silent prayer of thanks to the universe for this chance to take the edge off.

I am way too keyed up about meeting Gabriel's sister. We've been dating for several months, and I haven't met anyone from his family yet. That is about to change, and I'm not sure if I'm prepared.

# # #

The flight is smooth, and a short two hours. We pass the time eating fruit and watching the latest episode of our favorite reality TV show on my phone — yes, I've gotten Gabriel into "Who Wants to Date My Mom," a trashy reality show about sons who want to fix their moms up with their friends.

"See, I told you that woman from California is the most popular," I say, resting my head on his shoulder. "She's a total MILF."

"I didn't think she'd date someone who is nineteen, though. She's old enough to be his grandma."

I take his hand in mine and twine my fingers through his. "I'm glad you've finally seen the light on quality television programming."

He snickers. "It takes me a while, but I'm kinda into it. I might also be losing brain cells as we speak, but the risk versus reward is worth it."

When we land in New York, gray clouds hang ominously in the sky. The city is shrouded in misty rain that gives it an ethereal, moody vibe. I smile to myself as we step out of the plane and enter a waiting luxury car.

"Sorry I couldn't make the weather perfect for us," Gabriel says when we get settled in the back of the car.

"I actually love this weather. I miss it in Florida. It's romantic, don't you think? Sexy, even." The thought of spending a lazy day in a hotel bed while rain pelts the windows is tempting.

He kisses my temple. "This Florida man isn't convinced, but I'm glad you like it."

We drive from LaGuardia to midtown Manhattan, checking into the St. Regis hotel on Fifth Avenue. I change into my "meeting his sister" outfit — a simple black sleeveless dress — then venture downstairs to meet with his sister in the hotel's café.

"There she is," he murmurs, his gaze landing on a willowy, dark-haired woman sitting at a table near the window.

"Gabe," she cries and rises from her seat.

He embraces her, picking her up and spinning her around while she laughs. I stand by, watching. Gabriel almost instantly looks younger and less stressed.

I can see the family resemblance between the two. She has the same dark eyes as Gabriel, and they sparkle when she laughs.

Mia finally notices me standing there, and her eyes flicker over to meet mine. She gives me a once-over, a playful smile dancing on her lips. With a sly glint in her eyes, she extends her hand toward me.

"Riley, I assume?" Mia's voice is laced with a mix of curiosity and mischief.

I nod, feeling a surge of nervous energy. "Yes, that's me. It's great to finally meet you."

Her smile widens, and she shakes my hand firmly. "Likewise, Riley. Gabriel hasn't stopped talking about you. He seems quite smitten."

I can't help but blush at her remark, feeling a hint of warmth spread across my cheeks. "Well, the feeling is mutual. Gabriel is, is..."

He's my everything.

Mia chuckles softly and urges us to sit. I do, but Gabriel remains standing, his hands in his pockets. He has a sheepish grin on his face.

"What do you want, sis? I'll grab us some coffee. I already know what Riley wants."

"A double espresso for me, thanks." She squeezes his arm and sits across from me at the window seat, leaning back in her chair. After Gabriel walks off, she studies me for a beat. "I'm sure he does mean a lot to you. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? After all, it's not every day my brother brings a girl to meet me."

I can sense there is more to Mia's words than meets the eye. There is an underlying challenge, a test of sorts. I decide to meet her playful demeanor head-on.

"I assure you, Mia, I'm not easily intimidated," I reply, matching her smile with a hint of challenge in my own eyes. I need to give her a bit of my Irish sass, apparently.

Her gaze locks with mine, and a spark of admiration glimmers. "Good. I like that. But let me warn you, Riley, I'm fiercely protective of my brother. He means everything to me, and I won't hesitate to make that clear if I find you're not right for him."

I feel a surge of determination rise in my chest, my voice steady as I meet her gaze unwaveringly. "I understand, Mia. Gabriel's happiness is my priority too. I care about him deeply, and I won't let anything or anyone come between us."

Mia's smile softens, and she nods. "Well said, Riley. Perhaps we'll get along just fine. Gabriel deserves someone who can stand their ground."

I wonder who she is talking about. An image of Catherine pops into my head, but I quickly dismiss it. Mia and Cath know each other. But since Gabriel and Cath never dated, why would Mia dislike her? I vow to work Catherine into the conversation at some point, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

"I see. Well, thank you for meeting us today. I went to school in New York and really miss it." I smile genuinely at Mia, who is still looking at me as if she is trying to decipher hieroglyphics.

"I've seen Gabriel wither under the wrong kind of influence before, and it won't happen again."

I blink a few times. It is as if it hasn't even registered that I am trying to politely change the subject. Finally, I clear my throat.

"Um, I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the wrong kind of influence," I say tentatively, trying to gauge Mia's reaction.

She leans forward slightly, her expression serious. "Gabriel has a complicated past, Riley. He's been through things that most people can't even fathom. And because of that, he needs stability in his life. He needs someone who can support him unconditionally, someone who won't bring any unnecessary drama or chaos."

I listen, my heart sinking a little at the mention of Gabriel's past. Why is she telling me all this immediately upon meeting me?

"I understand that Gabriel has been through a lot," I say softly. "And I want to be there for him, to support him in any way I can. I don't want to bring any more pain into his life, Mia. I genuinely care about him, and I want to make him happy. I know everything about his past. And his present." I emphasize the last few words and stare into her eyes.

She sighs. "I can see that, Riley. And I can see how much he cares about you too. It's written all over his face. But I hope you understand why I might be cautious. I've seen Gabriel hurt before, and I don't want him to go through that again. He deserves someone who will be a rock for him, someone who can handle the darkness that comes with our lifestyle."

I take a moment to absorb Mia's words. It is true that Gabriel's involvement in the mafia comes with its own set of risks and challenges. But I am willing to face them, to be by his side no matter what. I've made my own choices in life, and I believe that together, we can find a way to navigate his world.

"I hear what you're saying." My tone is earnest. It feels like I am in school, and on my best behavior for a teacher who is trying to decide my final grade. "And I want you to know I'm not afraid of the challenges that come with being Gabriel's girlfriend. I understand there will be difficult times, but I want to face them together. I want to be the person he can rely on, the one who can bring him into the light when the darkness threatens to consume him."

As I finish speaking, a skeptical expression crosses Mia's face, causing me to shift uncomfortably in my seat. The upscale cafe grows heavy with tension, and the previously playful atmosphere dissolves into an uneasy silence.

Mia's eyes bore into mine, her voice laced with a touch of cynicism and her red lips twisted into a smirk. "You speak of devotion and strength, but do you truly understand the darkness that comes with Gabriel's world? The sacrifices that need to be made? The blood that stains our hands?"

I swallow hard, my voice barely above a whisper. Where the hell is Gabriel with our coffee? I look around, seeking his soothing presence. But there he is, at the register, chatting with the guy at the cash register. Dammit.

"I... it won't be easy. But I'm willing to stand by Gabriel, no matter what."

A bitter smile plays on her lips. "Love has a way of blinding us, Riley. It makes us believe we can conquer anything. But this life, this world we belong to, it takes more than just love. It takes resilience, loyalty, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to protect what's ours."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

361 22 22
Aurora Gomez is a 22 year old girl, who had to learn how to survive on her own after the death of her parents. She's a law student by day and a strip...
580 70 8
𝐇𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥. "...
295 1 10
Siena Xander moved to London five years ago for a fresh start. After an abrupt end to her last job, she scores a role as a barmaid at one of London's...
395 3 22
"I told you not to run," He growled, glaring down at me. I tried to beg but when I opened my mouth no words came out, just a whimper. He knelt down...